PDA

View Full Version : Sevco not so confident but wouldn't admit it.

Jim44
19-09-2015, 06:00 PM
For weeks the confidence and arrogance of the Hun fans has grown but I think they're having a wee look over their shoulders. Normally they don't stoop to commenting on any other teams or games in their league but today they are mocking and sneering at our 'big' win. I doubt if we're putting the fear of death iinto them but the fact that they are pretending to laugh at us means they're not 100% confident. They themselves didn't have such a convincing win today.

19-09-2015, 06:07 PM
A few huns I know appear to believe the title has been won already.

Sir David Gray
19-09-2015, 06:33 PM
For weeks the confidence and arrogance of the Hun fans has grown but I think they're having a wee look over their shoulders. Normally they don't stoop to commenting on any other teams or games in their league but today they are mocking and sneering at our 'big' win. I doubt if we're putting the fear of death iinto them but the fact that they are pretending to laugh at us means they're not 100% confident. They themselves didn't have such a convincing win today.

They must be really good at hiding it then because they seem REALLY confident that they'll win the league at a canter.

Jack
19-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Time will tell.

TheFamous1875
19-09-2015, 06:58 PM
They'll struggle as soon as injuries hit them. Imagine them without either Tavernier or Wallace? They're whole system falls apart. They don't have enough variation in their squad to last as long as Hearts did.

Vini1875
19-09-2015, 06:58 PM
It's in their DNA (don't no anything sp) they knew Scott Brown was going to sign, they knew they wouldn't go out of business, they knew they were going to win the league last year, they knew they were going to sign Scott Allan, they knew Craig Whyte was a billionaire FFS. If you listen to huns you only have yourself to blame.

mutley
19-09-2015, 06:59 PM
It would have been good if they managed to drop a couple of points today, and reduce the 9 point gap (we do have game in hand though). If we can keep on squeezing out the wins then why can't we catch/ overtake ? We finished above them last season after a bad start, we are only 6 games in. No reason why we can't do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
19-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Their bench is quite weak. Injuries and suspensions will expose that. It's up to us to take advantage when that happens.

It also wouldn't surprise me if warburton gets offered a better paid less sectarian gig mid season and jumps ship.

bingo70
19-09-2015, 07:45 PM
They're absolutely skooshing the league so far and they've already got a comfortable lead over us, they're thumping teams (today apart) and we're scraping by them.

The league's not over yet but let's not kid ourselves on, they're not worried in the slightest about us catching them at this stage.

Smartie
19-09-2015, 07:54 PM
They're absolutely skooshing the league so far and they've already got a comfortable lead over us, they're thumping teams (today apart) and we're scraping by them.

The league's not over yet but let's not kid ourselves on, they're not worried in the slightest about us catching them at this stage.

I'm not too unhappy about this.

We need to just worry about our own games at the moment and get a bit of momentum going.

I'm happy for them to be totally complacent at this stage because their hiccup could then come at a more destructive time.

The more complacent they get the more likely they are to self-destruct if/ when a wobble comes round.

19-09-2015, 08:02 PM
If they seen todays game I doubt they will be quaking in their boots. Yes we won but it was a less than spectacular performance against one of the worst teams in the league. But as someone mentioned, I'm happy for them to become cocky. We just need to focus on ourselves and keep picking up the points. They wont go unbeaten this season, there will be slip ups for them along the way, how they react and deal with them remains to be seen but we just have to make sure that we capitalise on it.

The season still has a long way to, many twists and turns still to come.

Forza Fred
19-09-2015, 08:02 PM

Unfortunately, the unpalatable reality.

poolman
19-09-2015, 08:04 PM

Didn't exactly THUMP us in their 1-0 win

SirPsychoHibee
19-09-2015, 08:04 PM
They're light for cover at full back and up front. If Waghorn gets injured/suspensions their only real replacement is Kenny Miller. Our squad is deeper and should be able to cope better once injuries and suspensions start becoming a factor.

Mr White
19-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Didn't exactly THUMP us in their 1-0 win

Or 10 man dumbarton today

Sir David Gray
19-09-2015, 08:09 PM
I have a feeling that if we are going to have a chance of winning the league this season we'll have to beat them in the three remaining matches against them.

That will be tough to achieve but that's the challenge.

Mr White
19-09-2015, 08:11 PM
I have a feeling that if we are going to have a chance of winning the league this season we'll have to beat them in the three remaining matches against them.

That will be tough to achieve but that's the challenge.
Absolutely. We need to match their results and win when we play them. Simple really eh :greengrin

tough ask of course but that's got to be the aim.

jabis
19-09-2015, 08:18 PM
If they seen todays game I doubt they will be quaking in their boots. Yes we won but it was a less than spectacular performance against one of the worst teams in the league. But as someone mentioned, I'm happy for them to become cocky. We just need to focus on ourselves and keep picking up the points. They wont go unbeaten this season, there will be slip ups for them along the way, how they react and deal with them remains to be seen but we just have to make sure that we capitalise on it.

"Quacking in their boots"
I'm using that one😁

offshorehibby
19-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Was't at the game today but as long as we keep winning that's all that matters. The huns will drop points.

GGTTH

Libby Hibby
19-09-2015, 08:31 PM

Haha...Quacking in their boots!!! Agree with your post otherwise

lord bunberry
19-09-2015, 08:34 PM

They're skooshing **** all. The gap between us and them has remain pretty constant in the last few weeks. WE WILL WIN THIS LEAGUE

HoboHarry
19-09-2015, 08:42 PM
The Rangers squad is very light and injuries would have a bad effect on them. We have already had our share and I would be surprised if they did not suffer a few as well.

Jones28
19-09-2015, 09:09 PM
If they were to lose Waghorn to injury then they would lose most of their goals.

SirPsychoHibee
19-09-2015, 09:17 PM
If they were to lose Waghorn to injury then they would lose most of their goals.

Waghorn would lose a lot of goals as well if they stopped getting penalties every week...

MWHIBBIES
19-09-2015, 09:25 PM

The league's not over yet but let's not kid ourselves on, they're not worried in the slightest about us catching them at this stage.Livi are the first team we've scraped by all season, we've been very comfortable in all other victories.

Forza Fred
19-09-2015, 11:02 PM
They're skooshing **** all. The gap between us and them has remain pretty constant in the last few weeks. WE WILL WIN THIS LEAGUE

We've got to overtake Falkirk before we get to Sevco.

DH1875
20-09-2015, 01:14 AM
We've got to overtake Falkirk before we get to Sevco.

**** Falkirk & **** sevco. If Falkirk finish above us this season, everyone and I mean everyone on our current staff can right off.

givescotlandfreedom
20-09-2015, 01:57 AM
**** Falkirk & **** sevco. If Falkirk finish above us this season, everyone and I mean everyone on our current staff can right off.

Ducking hell!

lucky
20-09-2015, 05:07 AM
I doubt very much that we will close the gap to less than 9 points over the rest of the season never mind win the league. Our best hope is the play offs again. If the Huns have injuries or the league is close they will bring players in in January. Hibs have been average at best this season and yesterday was awful

oneone73
20-09-2015, 08:29 AM
I doubt very much that we will close the gap to less than 9 points over the rest of the season never mind win the league. Our best hope is the play offs again. If the Huns have injuries or the league is close they will bring players in in January. Hibs have been average at best this season and yesterday was awful

Really? Average against Alloa? Average at Hunbrox? Do you ever enjoy watching the Hibs?

Cabbage East
20-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Every Hun I know has already digested the title win and laughs at the idea of Hibs even challenging for it. The arrogance is mental.

Forza Fred
20-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Every Hun I know has already digested the title win and laughs at the idea of Hibs even challenging for it. The arrogance is mental.

Are some of us though perhaps a tad guilty of the same sin of arrogance, even without realising it?

We seem to castigate Sevco for their dismissiveness of us, but many of us completely seem to ignore the fact that the team closest to Rangers is not us, but Falkirk, who although a couple of points above us,apparently are not worthy of any concern at all?

Smartie
20-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Are some of us though perhaps a tad guilty of the same sin of arrogance, even without realising it?

We seem to castigate Sevco for their dismissiveness of us, but many of us completely seem to ignore the fact that the team closest to Rangers is not us, but Falkirk, who although a couple of points above us,apparently are not worthy of any concern at all?

:agree:

I was delighted to get the Falkirk game cancelled a few weeks ago.

That will be a tough, tough game and we need a few more weeks to get our team playing before we can go into that with confidence.

They've kept a lot of their best players and will certainly be a force, if not over the course of an entire season then definitely in the matches against them and in a potential play-off match.

I've been happy with our performances at home so far and that is a huge improvement on last season at this time.

We did well to get the 3 points yesterday but only once we've won a few tricky away games will I get a bit more comfortable. When we're winning away to Falkirk, St Mirren, Raith, St Mirren and QotS then I'll believe for sure that we're challenging.

It was our long, winning run that took in wins at places like that that got us promoted the last time we were in the First Division.

Same goes for The Rangers though - a lot went their way before they eventually won comfortably at Palmerston and they made heavy weather of things yesterday.

When they've won at Easter Road, Falkirk and the like then I'll be more likely to concede it to them.

Onceinawhile
20-09-2015, 09:28 AM
They have three players, the two full backs and Wallace. If two out of three get injured at the same time they are goosed.

Lucius Apuleius
20-09-2015, 09:39 AM

Correct. Ihave even been told by one deluded Muppet that hibs are not eventhere main challengers.This was said before the league started.

fishybeaver
20-09-2015, 09:42 AM
I have bet on with on off the deluded that they will win the title by at least 15 points and one of the big two cups...free money for me.

Jim44
20-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Correct. Ihave even been told by one deluded Muppet that hibs are not eventhere main challengers.This was said before the league started.

I keep hearing this, but I think they're just saying it to wind us up. They know we'll be in there at the death.

Eyrie
20-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Falkirk are ahead of us, but they haven't played us or Sevco Huns yet in the first round of fixtures. We'll get a clearer idea of their start to the season after we've visited them next month.

Spike Mandela
20-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Rangers might slip up if injuries kick in but still see our low scoring team as the one more likely to drop silly points in games. I still believe our best chance is if Rangers go in to admin2.

Jim44
20-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Rangers might slip up if injuries kick in but still see our low scoring team as the one more likely to drop silly points in games. I still believe our best chance is if Rangers go in to admin2.

I haven't been digesting what's being said on the marathon Sevco thread, but I would have thought that a second administration was unlikely. If that's the case, surely our own efforts are the likeliest route to promotion.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2015, 12:10 PM

Thats how I see it at this stage too, OP is clutching at straws methinks.

Spike Mandela
20-09-2015, 12:20 PM
I haven't been digesting what's being said on the marathon Sevco thread, but I would have thought that a second administration was unlikely. If that's the case, surely our own efforts are the likeliest route to promotion.

Nothing is unlikely in that saga.:greengrin

Jim44
20-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Thats how I see it at this stage too, OP is clutching at straws methinks.

No straws to clutch. You've missed the point of my post. I'm suggesting that they are not as confident as they would have you believe. Personally, I think they will win the league with ease.

Ronniekirk
20-09-2015, 07:26 PM
No straws to clutch. You've missed the point of my post. I'm suggesting that they are not as confident as they would have you believe. Personally, I think they will win the league with ease.
Jim I take it its just some of the fans you are referring to as maybe not being so confident ,as the King ,and the Manager have already come out and said the leaugue is in the bag ,and they will challenge Celtic next Season if they add four or five quality players to current squad .

Jim44
20-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Jim I take it its just some of the fans you are referring to as maybe not being so confident as the King and the Manager have already come out and said the leaugue said in the bag and they will challenge Celtic next Season if they add four or five quality players to current squad .

I'm referring to some posters on FF. I just feel that total Sevco confidence usually brings contempt and an obvious attempt to completely ignore and dismiss their opponents. The fact that some of them feel the need comment on us suggests a wee question mark in their confidence.

high bee
20-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Jim I take it its just some of the fans you are referring to as maybe not being so confident ,as the King ,and the Manager have already come out and said the leaugue is in the bag ,and they will challenge Celtic next Season if they add four or five quality players to current squad .

Hopefully that clip with King will become the new "I would love it, love it" from Kevin Keegan, where people look back at it and think "thats where they lost the title."

They can think it's all over and to be fair they may be right but complacency is a dangerous mindset to have.

DH1875
21-09-2015, 06:43 AM
See that our good friends on sportscene reckon that rangers will have the league tied up by the start of Feb.
MUPPETS.

erin go bragh
21-09-2015, 07:22 AM

Beat St Mirren on Saturday and the gap will be 6 points .

GGTTH

rodhibs55
21-09-2015, 07:56 AM
They have three players, the two full backs and Wallace. If two out of three get injured at the same time they are goosed.

Been saying this for a while now and as other poster point out, they don't have strength in depth. Man for man against us, I would say that only in the full back areas they are slightly better. We wipe the floor with them in every other area including the bench. Injuries will be their Achilles heel, (pardon the pun), lets be honest, going by what we've seen so far and by checking the history books, suspensions wont play a part.
Keep the faith.

GGTTH

Eyrie
21-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Been saying this for a while now and as other poster point out, they don't have strength in depth. Man for man against us, I would say that only in the full back areas they are slightly better. We wipe the floor with them in every other area including the bench. Injuries will be their Achilles heel, (pardon the pun), lets be honest, going by what we've seen so far and by checking the history books, suspensions wont play a part.
Keep the faith.

GGTTH
And yet Sevco Huns are putting teams away comfortably whilst we're scraping out 1-0 wins. That gives them more margin for error than us, because a fluke goal for our opponents can cost us two points whilst against them it would only be a consolation.

oneone73
21-09-2015, 10:23 AM
And yet Sevco Huns are putting teams away comfortably whilst we're scraping out 1-0 wins. That gives them more margin for error than us, because a fluke goal for our opponents can cost us two points whilst against them it would only be a consolation.

Their last two wins have been by the same margin as ours. Teams might be learning how to set up against them.

Eyrie
21-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Their last two wins have been by the same margin as ours. Teams might be learning how to set up against them.

Had to check, but their league results have been 3-1, 5-1, 1-0, 5-1, 5-0, 3-0 and 2-1 so their only one goal wins have been against us and the only other team to beat us. And Sevco Huns led 2-0 on Saturday which proves my point about how conceding a late goal won't cost them three points.

Lago
21-09-2015, 10:39 AM
:top marks
Had to check, but their league results have been 3-1, 5-1, 1-0, 5-1, 5-0, 3-0 and 2-1 so their only one goal wins have been against us and the only other team to beat us. And Sevco Huns led 2-0 on Saturday which proves my point about how conceding a late goal won't cost them three points.

frazeHFC
21-09-2015, 11:07 AM
We just need to keep going along as we are winning games because when they come to Easter Road that will give us the chance to stick it up the hun loving media and show we mean business!

Sir David Gray
21-09-2015, 11:22 AM
We just need to keep going along as we are winning games because when they come to Easter Road that will give us the chance to stick it up the hun loving media and show we mean business!

:agree: We just need to keep winning until they come to Easter Road. I'm assuming they won't lose before they play us so it's important we keep the gap at six points (after winning our game in hand against Falkirk) and then close it to three points after beating them and then it's game on again.

It will be tough to match their consistency but it's not impossible.

Ozyhibby
21-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Until we start scoring goals there is no point worrying about what they are up to.

greenlex
21-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Until we start scoring goals there is no point worrying about what they are up to.

We are. You don't win games if you don't. More importantly we aren't conceding. Keep winning. Then take it from there.

TheFamous1875
21-09-2015, 12:52 PM
One thing that keeps getting mentioned on threads is the lack of goals. With the amount of strikers we have, who, at least on paper(ignoring form/fitness, etc) have the pedigree to score goals, I really believe that over the course of the year the goals will start coming thick and fast. Cummings, Keatings, Malonga, El-Alagui, Feruz and Anier all have it in them to score goals and finally we also have an attacking threat in midfield from McGeouch, McGinn and Henderson. There's lots of options and over he course of the season all of these players will be scoring several goals.

I think the fact that we have so many strikers on the books at the same time means that they will all be trying their hearts out for the starting spots or even starts of the bench; they'll push each other to play their best and I think they'll really start to deliver very soon.

J-C
21-09-2015, 01:10 PM
One thing that keeps getting mentioned on threads is the lack of goals. With the amount of strikers we have, who, at least on paper(ignoring form/fitness, etc) have the pedigree to score goals, I really believe that over the course of the year the goals will start coming thick and fast. Cummings, Keatings, Malonga, El-Alagui, Feruz and Anier all have it in them to score goals and finally we also have an attacking threat in midfield from McGeouch, McGinn and Henderson. There's lots of options and over he course of the season all of these players will be scoring several goals.

I think the fact that we have so many strikers on the books at the same time means that they will all be trying their hearts out for the starting spots or even starts of the bench; they'll push each other to play their best and I think they'll really start to deliver very soon.

They need to be scoring with the sitters they seemingly missed on saturday would be a start, although Cummings and Malonga scored well last season, their shot to goal ratio is still poor.

Ryan69
21-09-2015, 01:42 PM
They need to be scoring with the sitters they seemingly missed on saturday would be a start, although Cummings and Malonga scored well last season, their shot to goal ratio is still poor.

I'm loving their arrogance!

We just keep doing what were doing,and were gonna get closer to them!

Some team soon is gonna get a proper dooing from us soon I expect!

Hopefully it's them!

GreenLake
21-09-2015, 02:08 PM

We would have a chance without the headwind of biased refereeing but admin2 is much more likely.

Ryan69
21-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Anyone notice how correct me if in wrong they have had 6 penalties for them in 7 games! Crikey....we've had 0!

That surely is not just coincidence.

bingo70
21-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Anyone notice how correct me if in wrong they have had 6 penalties for them in 7 games! Crikey....we've had 0!

Every one I've seen has been a stone waller.

They've got players that run at defenders in the box, we don't do that enough imo.

Ozyhibby
21-09-2015, 03:51 PM

It's not a coincidence. They attack teams with pace in the box, we don't.

Tom Hart RIP
21-09-2015, 03:58 PM

I can think of five decent claims already and that's just at easter road.

Vini1875
21-09-2015, 04:32 PM

Less than a penalty a game? Proof that the SFA hate the huns. All we have to do is keep winning, I never expect help from the officials.

lord bunberry
21-09-2015, 04:33 PM
It's not a coincidence. They attack teams with pace in the box, we don't.

So are you saying we shouldn't have any penalties this season? I can think of 2 or 3 we should have had.

PatHead
21-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Every one I've seen has been a stone waller.

They've got players that run at defenders in the box, we don't do that enough imo.

Haven't watched their games Bingo but remember hearing on Radio Scotland that their first penalty against Livingston was a terrible decision.