PDA

View Full Version : Todays Game (Happy Clapper Zone)

hibsbollah
19-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Today was my first game this season, and I was surprised by some of the negativity from the fans round us. Two excellent performances from Hanlon and Henderson, a cracking goal and a clean sheet against their very lively #19. I agree It was baffling that despite keeping possession really well for 80 mins we resorted to giving them the ball at any opportunity for the last 10 mins, but I firmly believe Stubbs instructed the players to do this to keep the game entertaining :greengrin

McGinn really needs to practice his corners, but you can see his quality. If he's not quite as good as Allan, the midfield triumvirate of McGinn McGeough Henderson with Bartley doing his best Makelele impression gives us a lot better look than last season.

Well done on the 3 points and bring on the Sheep :flag:

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2015, 05:53 PM
:agree:

Aberdeen won't sit in like most teams when at ER, makings of a cracker (Thinking of Dundee Utd tie that we lost on pens).....

Iggy Pope
19-09-2015, 06:04 PM
I thought Jason Cummings worked hard the whole game and was 50/50 with Marvin for MOM.
Hard fought 90mins and a good away win. Take the two early chances (brilliant save for one of them, remarkable sitter at the other) and the game is over after half an hour.
A midfield with undoubted talent that is taking time to knit, but I'm certain it will.
For all we surrendered possession in the last 15 they never looked like equalising.
Looking forward to Wednesday.
Nowt to complain about unless of course, you've spent the afternoon on Hibs.net working yourself into blackness.

BIGK
19-09-2015, 06:16 PM
I thought Jason Cummings worked hard the whole game and was 50/50 with Marvin for MOM.
Hard fought 90mins and a good away win. Take the two early chances (brilliant save for one of them, remarkable sitter at the other) and the game is over after half an hour.
A midfield with undoubted talent that is taking time to knit, but I'm certain it will.
For all we surrendered possession in the last 15 they never looked like equalising.
Nowt to complain about unless of course, you've spent the afternoon on Hibs.net working yourself into blackness.

Cumminngs 50/50 for man of the match! No for me. Marvin was by far our best player . Two centre half's next then McGeough.
We were by far the better team on the day but the finnishing was honking. 3-1 would be a fair reflection of the game so well happy as 3 points is 3 points.

CallumLaidlaw
19-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Bartley MoM for me. Gray also looking much improved. Certainly was a bit of negativity but another 3pts and another clean sheet is all that matters

Iggy Pope
19-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Cumminngs 50/50 for man of the match! No for me. Marvin was by far our best player . Two centre half's next then McGeough.
We were by far the better team on the day but the finnishing was honking. 3-1 would be a fair reflection of the game so well happy as 3 points is 3 points.

For me he was and that's that.

BIGK
19-09-2015, 06:27 PM
For me he was and that's that.

Not Trying to start an argument or diagree with your opinion, just that Cummings looked tired from his efforts in the last 15 mins where as Bartley looked like he could have ran till midnight and still looked fresh. He was always in control of his part of the pitch.

hibsbollah
19-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Not Trying to start an argument or diagree with your opinion, just that Cummings looked tired from his efforts in the last 15 mins where as Bartley looked like he could have ran till midnight and still looked fresh. He was always in control of his part of the pitch.

You're both wrong, Henderson was clearly MOTM! :na na:

BoomtownHibees
19-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Today was my first game this season, and I was surprised by some of the negativity from the fans round us. Two excellent performances from Hanlon and Henderson, a cracking goal and a clean sheet against their very lively #19. I agree It was baffling that despite keeping possession really well for 80 mins we resorted to giving them the ball at any opportunity for the last 10 mins, but I firmly believe Stubbs instructed the players to do this to keep the game entertaining :greengrin

McGinn really needs to practice his corners, but you can see his quality. If he's not quite as good as Allan, the midfield triumvirate of McGinn McGeough Henderson with Bartley doing his best Makelele impression gives us a lot better look than last season.

Last week McGinn put in the best cross balls I have seen for years. Don't know what happened with him today

Iggy Pope
19-09-2015, 06:33 PM

Me neither but he was of course tired in the last 15 due to his selfless workrate in the preceeding 75mins. 50/50 with the big fellah is what I suggested.

Real Emerald
19-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Wasn't at the game today so can't comment but I'm interested at the comment about corners. I for one was glad to see the the back of Allan at least for the rubbish corners he took. McGinn has taken the most dangerous corners I've seen at Easter Road for a long while. :confused:

Golden Bear
19-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Wasn't at the game today so can't comment but I'm interested at the comment about corners. I for one was glad to see the the back of Allan at least for the rubbish corners he took. McGinn has taken the most dangerous corners I've seen at Easter Road for a long while. :confused:

I agree. He can deliver a corner with pace and movement in the ball. We' ve not had that since the early days of Kevin Thomson.

hibsbollah
19-09-2015, 06:42 PM

His free kicks corners and crosses from wide positions were wasteful today, maybe a one off.

Real Emerald
19-09-2015, 06:45 PM
His free kicks corners and crosses from wide positions were wasteful today, maybe a one off.

Hope so because that's one of the things we were really missing. Last week we didn't just have good inswinging corners but there was creativity and variety in them too. Dissapointed to hear it hit the buffers today.

greenlex
19-09-2015, 06:46 PM

Mc Ginn had an around poor game today I thought.

EH6 Hibby
19-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Between Bartley and Henderson for MOM for me.

Real Emerald
19-09-2015, 06:48 PM

Aw well, hope he got it out his system and at least we got three points.

Smartie
19-09-2015, 06:58 PM

Good shout pointing out how well Jason Cummings did.

It was a mature performance from him and head and shoulders above what we might have expected in previous seasons.

It wasn't really working out for him in front of goal but he was challenging for headers, taking it in with his back to goal in tight situations, dropping off the front and picking up good positions, all the while getting booted all over the place.

I've heard that he tends to judge his own performances by his goals but if he does that today he's doing himself a disservice. He can hold his head high after a cracking afternoon's work.

I'd go for Hanlon or Bartley for MOTM, maybe even Stevenson who had a very workmanlike, solid and disciplined performance capped off with lovely wee cushioned pass into Henderson in the second half, one of the few moments of real quality in the game.

But fair play to you for pointing out that you thought Cummings did well - I for one agree 100%.

Smartie
19-09-2015, 06:58 PM

I agree.

To be fair, he was due one.

He's been superb so far.

staunchhibby
19-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Thought Bartley was MOM:not worth today.Never seemed to break sweat

lord bunberry
19-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Today was a stroll in the park and the only worry is we only won 1-0. We really need to start finishing teams off so we can all relax.

Jones28
19-09-2015, 09:11 PM
McGinn is the best corner kick taker we've had since David zitelli