Ozyhibby
19-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Best Defence in the league [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Best Defence in the league [emoji3]

Mental. I keep hearing Lewis is gash, and boy behind me Today reckoned Hanlon was f'ing murder.....That was of course before his goal line clearance....Wonder why some bother attending to be honest, everything we did was apparently crap.....:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
19-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Hanlon was excellent today especially.

Seveno
19-09-2015, 05:56 PM
I thought that Hanlon was superb today.

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Hanlon was excellent today especially.

Agreed, don't know what some see at games at times?

Gatecrasher
19-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Mental. I keep hearing Lewis is gash, and boy behind me Today reckoned Hanlon was f'ing murder.....That was of course before his goal line clearance....Wonder why some bother attending to be honest, everything we did was apparently crap.....:rolleyes:

Not to mention oxley is rubbish as well.

MartinfaePorty
19-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Boy near me kept shouting at Oxley to come for every long throw, even though he would have had to batter through a ruck of players and most were nowhere near enough to his goal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
19-09-2015, 06:03 PM
credit where it's due, i don't get to every game but i thought hanlon played very well and probably our mom(imo)or even bartley, quite an off day for McGinn though his passes were all over hit, still he's only a young laddie

berwickhibee
19-09-2015, 06:05 PM
big bartley should be getting some of the credit:thumbsup:

19-09-2015, 06:09 PM
I thought Hanlon had a very good game today.

Iggy Pope
19-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Paul Hanlon defended admirably and that is what he is best at.
We do not need him attempting raking 50yard World Cup balls. He can't do it.

Fontaine doesn't look so assured but a clean sheet speaks volumes.

The cretin behind me that shouted "Keeper! Keeper!" every time the ball went above grass needs his heed looked.

MWHIBBIES
19-09-2015, 06:15 PM
big bartley should be getting some of the credit:thumbsup:Yeah, was very good today.

Ozyhibby
19-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Think Bartley will be an automatic starter all season. He stops teams breaking quickly on us.

high bee
19-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Not to mention oxley is rubbish as well.

I think Oxley has had a very good season so far.

Folk, including me, where doubting him because we seemed to have 1 or 2 chances against and concede and people kept saying they couldn't remember many good saves he made but he has already made some great saves this season.

He has done enough to silence his critics and I'm glad to say I was wrong about him.

Smartie
19-09-2015, 07:04 PM
The keeper, defence and big Bartley all did very well today.

They were tested more than in any other game this season too and they stood up to every test going.

(Whilst an argument could be made that it shouldn't be necessary) some of the last ditch defending really was top class.

I agree that Zamber-Hanlon needs to cut out the magnificent diagonals, which are rarely magnificent and only serve to remind me of the Butcher era.

CropleyWasGod
19-09-2015, 07:08 PM

They were tested more than in any other game this season too and they stood up to every test going.

(Whilst an argument could be made that it shouldn't be necessary) some of the last ditch defending really was top class.

I agree that Zamber-Hanlon needs to cut out the magnificent diagonals, which are rarely magnificent and only serve to remind me of the Butcher era.
I said to my son that Hanlon appears to think he's Gary Caldwell with all those 50 yarders. They're just as effective as GC ever was [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
19-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Passes apart Hanlon was excellent defensively today and doesn't deserve the criticism some are directing at him on here...been much better than fonts imo so far this season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
19-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Passes apart Hanlon was excellent defensively today and doesn't deserve the criticism some are directing at him on here...been much better than fonts imo so far this season

Can't see that anyone has been criticising him on this thread.

hibbysam
19-09-2015, 07:51 PM
All 5 were solid, plus big Marv... Loved the 10 seconds second half where Hanlon made a block to stop the boy going through 1 on 1, then made two crunching tackles straight after... Always been a Hanlon fan and he always got labelled 'soft', I feel he dealt with The big lad very well when he came on!

Borderhibbie76
19-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Can't see that anyone has been criticising him on this thread.

Meant on here in general mate...not so much this thread in particular.

CropleyWasGod
19-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Meant on here in general mate...not so much this thread in particular.

Ah ok :)

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Think Bartley will be an automatic starter all season. He stops teams breaking quickly on us.

Home and away and no matter the formation, Bartley should play if fit.

B.H.F.C
19-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Defence defended well today. However, they might have had a bit less defending to do if their distribution had been a bit better. It was pretty brutal at times.

cmcd
19-09-2015, 10:34 PM

He pinged a few great balls today

My_Wife_Camille
19-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Still yet to concede a goal from open play this season.

Johnny_Leith
19-09-2015, 11:54 PM

Dumbarton 1st minute ?

CallumLaidlaw
20-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Defence defended well today. However, they might have had a bit less defending to do if their distribution had been a bit better. It was pretty brutal at times.

Hard to disagree with that. Balls from defence seemed to miss the midfield out too often today. Which is clearly our strongest area

SaulGoodman
20-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Dumbarton 1st minute ?

Came from a free kick

givescotlandfreedom
20-09-2015, 12:14 AM

Very interesting stat if accurate. For me anyway!

eastcoasthibby
20-09-2015, 06:34 AM
I think most of cooments about the defence yesterday are spot on they defended really well at times with Hamlon in my view MOM ..I don't think his distribution was that bad and as for him stopping hitting long diagonal switch passes , I don't agree, we need it, as its on most of the times he tries it and in my view he has a decent success rate, it's a dimension we need. I thought Gray, Fontaine and Stevenson clearances were mostly very poor either going up in the air, out the park 10-20yards away or straight to the opposition to come at us again.
Something we need to look at is the forwards defence work rate ...in my view the two we started with don't work opposition defenders who have the ball anywhere near hard enough and it happened all last season as well, hence not helping their team mates out. I actually get the feeling that they both save themselves for when we have the ball and even then I have to question how much they show then ! If you add the fact that they are missing too many good and essentially what is classed as easy chances, that others are working hard to create , I think Cummings & Malonga both need rockets up their backsides , as for me they don't pull their weight in the team overall. Cummings whilst being young and learning doesn't detract from him not pushing himself at times, I like him a lot but would to see him concentrate more at times on his touch n finishing. The conversion ratio for both must be about 1 in 6-7 chances is nowhere near good enough and doesn't ease the pressure on the defenceand won't do if we are to get promoted , hence why we need our other striking options fit.
I don't blame AS for sticking McGregor on as an extra defender as he needed to respond to them sticking 3,big guys straight up top and throw high balls in all the time. What I didn't understand is Oxleys kick outs Gray, who wins more than his fair share in the air pushed up wide right and Oxley persisted in kicking the ball straight down their centre halfs throats and we got it straight back at us quick fire ...poor tactics in my view .
End of the day we got a good win that could have been much easier if the forwards had done their jobs early doors , same theme every week !!??

Billy Whizz
20-09-2015, 07:01 AM
Very interesting stat if accurate. For me anyway!

In the league it's correct

brog
20-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Was my 1st time up this season & I thought Paul H was superb. I like Fontaine but IMO he could not do what Paul is doing, ie play on right side of defence, as he's (LF) much weaker on his right side. As for Paul's passing I thought in the main that was also excellent. In the 1st half he pinged one about 40 yards straight into LS path. I agree with those who also thought Marv had a fine match, I loved his strength in bringing the ball out of defence at times. I was disappointed with both McGinn & Henderson, goal excepted of course, but they looked to me like good players having an off day rather than poor players. All in all, 3 great points & our first on the road.

Brightside
20-09-2015, 08:34 PM
I like this thread. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-09-2015, 08:35 PM
I like this thread. :greengrin

Think you like the PH praise, don't you Paul😀

Brightside
20-09-2015, 08:42 PM
think you like the ph praise, don't you paul

no outing!

Mikey09
21-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Home and away and no matter the formation, Bartley should play if fit.

I respectfully disagree!! There will be times when Bartley won't start and the likes of Boyle, Carmichael will come in. Would also like to see Martin start again as I think he has a massive future. Didn't let himself down at all when we were toiling for bodies at the start of the season. But agree Bartley will start most games. :agree:

Thecat23
21-09-2015, 11:08 AM
I think Oxley has played a huge part in this. He's now saved us a few times with some very good saves.

Franck Stanton
21-09-2015, 03:20 PM
I think Oxley has had a very good season so far.

Folk, including me, where doubting him because we seemed to have 1 or 2 chances against and concede and people kept saying they couldn't remember many good saves he made but he has already made some great saves this season.

He has done enough to silence his critics and I'm glad to say I was wrong about him.

Really ? Started season badly, goals we conceded v Dumbarton as an example, the free kick v rangers another, season is only started and thats two games his mistakes have cost us so dearly. Will admit however he has improved as season is progressing but far too early imo to state he is having a good season.

whiskyhibby
21-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Was my 1st time up this season & I thought Paul H was superb. I like Fontaine but IMO he could not do what Paul is doing, ie play on right side of defence, as he's (LF) much weaker on his right side. As for Paul's passing I thought in the main that was also excellent. In the 1st half he pinged one about 40 yards straight into LS path. I agree with those who also thought Marv had a fine match, I loved his strength in bringing the ball out of defence at times. I was disappointed with both McGinn & Henderson, goal excepted of course, but they looked to me like good players having an off day rather than poor players. All in all, 3 great points & our first on the road.

Completely agree with the comments on PH he is playing exceptionally well at the moment and his cross field passes to Louie have been a real stand out in the last few games

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 06:06 PM
I think Oxley has played a huge part in this. He's now saved us a few times with some very good saves.

He has. Keep it up big man.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2015, 06:35 PM

He rightly came in for some stick after his performances against Sevco and Dumbarton early doors ,So only fair to give him credit now .We are keeping clean sheets the issue now it's getting the forwards to score more often as the midfield is now contributing .
But just now the main thing is to keep winning and that's what we are doing .