PDA

View Full Version : Today's game (Ticket Queue)

SDavey1992
19-09-2015, 01:42 PM
...is an absolute disgrace. Every person is queuing in a 2 man'ed queue for a ticket. No cash gates. Meaning half the fans attending will be in the ground after kick off

Billy Whizz
19-09-2015, 01:43 PM
...is an absolute disgrace. Every person is queuing in a 2 man'ed queue for a ticket. No cash gates. Meaning half the fans attending will be in the ground after kick off

While inside its taking around 20 mins at the food kiosk's

Onceinawhile
19-09-2015, 01:45 PM
I'd hope all the fans will be in the ground after kick off?

SDavey1992
19-09-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd hope all the fans will be in the ground after kick off?

I'd say at least a 1/3rd in the queue won't make kick off

DaveF
19-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Been burned before but stupid livi decisions so went down at 1.30 and got my ticket then back to the pub. Noticed a massive queue as I walked back to the game.

Paisley Hibby
19-09-2015, 01:57 PM
In the Q. Will be lucky to get in for half time. Livvy are an utter disgrace. And I thought they needed the money?? Deserve to go bust frankly.

HH81
19-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Big Hibs support then?

Ronniekirk
19-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Big Hibs support then?

No just big Q

bod
19-09-2015, 02:59 PM
they announced during the week that they were short of turnstyle operators with it being a bigger away crowd than usual & were looking for volunteers ,maybe not enough helped out

Aaron
19-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Same as last season when I missed half the game due to the queues. They blamed Hibs for apparently underestimating the support; what was their excuse this time?

Stuarty27
19-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Must of been at least 2500 hibs fans at the game the day.

frazeHFC
19-09-2015, 04:52 PM
"Ticket kiosk" 😂

cabbageandribs1875
19-09-2015, 05:32 PM
junior clubs are better organised, it was like queuing for raffle tickets in a social club bingo night

conversation went like this

me: this is ridiculous
ticket seller: what is
me: this is
ticket seller: well don't come back then
me: you're a great PR rep for yer club hen eh

sitting beside an auld couple and mentioned it during the game, ticket seller also told the auld wummin complaining not to come back as well :bitchy:

oh aye and their pies are boufin

Andy74
19-09-2015, 05:48 PM
junior clubs are better organised, it was like queuing for raffle tickets in a social club bingo night

sitting beside an auld couple and mentioned it during the game, ticket seller also told the auld wummin complaining not to come back as well :bitchy:

Yep. Amateurs. Them and Dunfermline never learn how to cope with bigger numbers.

19-09-2015, 05:55 PM

Poor customer service especially since your giving her club your money. I'd be really annoyed if someone at hibs acted like that.

19-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Madness that they don't just do pay at the gate.

Onceinawhile
19-09-2015, 06:01 PM
So it was the same last time, they had publicly stated they didn't have enough staff and there was ample time to buy in advance, yet people rocked up late and are complaining about queues?

CropleyWasGod
19-09-2015, 06:38 PM
So it was the same last time, they had publicly stated they didn't have enough staff and there was ample time to buy in advance, yet people rocked up late and are complaining about queues?
I'm complaining because I took the advice of many on here.

Went in plenty of time. Parked the car where folk told me. Took cash for the tickets.

And sat twiddling my thumbs in my comfy seat on the centre line for 45 minutes before the game.......

[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

liamh2202
19-09-2015, 06:45 PM

Not sure how many were in the same boat, I had no chance to buy tickets in advance , due to not knowing if I was going to be able to attend. Surely clubs have to be able to cater for fans on the day? I think if the can't cope then they shouldn't be operating as companies who deal with the public.

greenlex
19-09-2015, 06:56 PM

Went in plenty of time. Parked the car where folk told me. Took cash for the tickets.

And sat twiddling my thumbs in my comfy seat on the centre line for 45 minutes before the game.......

[emoji6]

Exactly the same here. I didn't see any Qs.😎

lord bunberry
19-09-2015, 07:16 PM
I bought tickets from Easter Road and enjoyed a few beers in Livingstons excellent pre match bar. I did notice a big queue when I went for a piss.

Radium
19-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Got the ticket early and asked what part of the stand it was in. The answer was "dunno". Very amateurish

19-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Got the ticket early and asked what part of the stand it was in. The answer was "dunno". Very amateurish

The whole thing was amateurish. 2 sellers to deal with a big travelling support. Shambles.

BroxburnHibee
19-09-2015, 10:53 PM

Wondered how long it would take.

SquashedFrogg
19-09-2015, 11:02 PM

You clearly weren't at the game. Stadium was 1/3 full yet you'd have thought you were trying to get into a cup final.

Unlike last time they had all turn styles open but no one was able to enter until they queued up to the"raffle ticket table".

Embarrassing.

SquashedFrogg
19-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Wondered how long it would take.

Agreed. Lazy, piss poor comment.

(Fellow brox hibby myself)

lucky
20-09-2015, 05:36 AM
They got all the volunteers they needed, they tweeted saying that. But clearly did not trust any of them to take the cash. The two half wits selling the tickets had a terrible attitude. Not everyone can get down to ER to get tickets in advance.

eastcoasthibby
20-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Communication Hibs will have known how many tickets they had sold and then roughly how many would appear to pay at the gate or table ...so they could have organised themselves ...want the money but proving a poor service to get it !! Car park 5,quid a joke ...but if folk want to pay that !! Trying to get getting a pie n bovril queue with 2 people serving another joke 20 minutes .. just as well it's an easy place to get to for us , cos the nonsense for fans when getting there isn't a good experience...

Baldy Foghorn
20-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Communication Hibs will have known how many tickets they had sold and then roughly how many would appear to pay at the gate or table ...so they could have organised themselves ...want the money but proving a poor service to get it !! Car park 5,quid a joke ...but if folk want to pay that !! Trying to get getting a pie n bovril queue with 2 people serving another joke 20 minutes .. just as well it's an easy place to get to for us , cos the nonsense for fans when getting there isn't a good experience...

Always been a tinpot organisation and a shambles of a Club.....Charging buses a ten spot to park is a bit naughty.......

The_Horde
20-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Buy your ticket in advance. Simple

liamh2202
20-09-2015, 12:41 PM

Simple for some people.. I found out at 10am in Portsmouth I was getting the weekend off. I got home (helensburgh) at 2300 . should I just not have bothered going? Maybe we should make every game buy in advance and turn away punters that want to go. Hell Scottish football is thriving at the moment and can afford to turn people away.

silverhibee
20-09-2015, 12:48 PM

[emoji6]

Thought you said you stayed next to the Ghettos, :greengrin and you still have a car, good going. :greengrin

silverhibee
20-09-2015, 12:57 PM
No problem with queuing yesterday, but the old c*** behind us was one nippy sweetie, when we scored, was he happy, NO, "still plenty time for them to get a goal back" was his response :rolleyes:, he seemed to know his stuff about football :rolleyes: was going to ask him if he played in the top flight such was his knowledge of football. :blah::blah::blah:

Killiehibbie
20-09-2015, 01:06 PM
You should have seen the westbound queue on the M8 after the game, missing the kick off was nothing compared to that. I thought those signs were supposed to warn of severe delays but they only seem to use them for stupid messages like belt up, I could've halved my journey time going the A71.

liamh2202
20-09-2015, 01:13 PM
You should have seen the westbound queue on the M8 after the game, missing the kick off was nothing compared to that. I thought those signs were supposed to warn of severe delays but they only seem to use them for stupid messages like belt up, I could've halved my journey time going the A71.

I've started using Google maps nav on my phone as the traffic updates are live and alternative routes are offered instantly. Ended up going home the stirling way

The_Horde
20-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Simple for some people.. I found out at 10am in Portsmouth I was getting the weekend off. I got home (helensburgh) at 2300 . should I just not have bothered going? Maybe we should make every game buy in advance and turn away punters that want to go. Hell Scottish football is thriving at the moment and can afford to turn people away.

Your case is an exceptional one. 75% of the folk queueing could easily have headed down to the ticket office and it would've been easier for folk like yourself to get in

Killiehibbie
20-09-2015, 01:19 PM
I've started using Google maps nav on my phone as the traffic updates are live and alternative routes are offered instantly. Ended up going home the stirling way
Via Dundee would've been quicker for me.

liamh2202
20-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Your case is an exceptional one. 75% of the folk queueing could easily have headed down to the ticket office and it would've been easier for folk like yourself to get in

IMO that shouldn't detract from the fact that a football club providing a service to the public should be equipped to deal with the demands of the industry they are in

The_Horde
20-09-2015, 01:36 PM
IMO that shouldn't detract from the fact that a football club providing a service to the public should be equipped to deal with the demands of the industry they are in

The staff at livi are unpaid volunteers.

liamh2202
20-09-2015, 01:37 PM
The staff at livi are unpaid volunteers.

I haven't once mentioned the staff. They may well be volunteers but the club is not a charity. If they want to operate as a professional football club they should be able to deal with demand for games.

Smartie
20-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Clubs like Livi and Dunfermline are just making life difficult for themselves. If the way they treat large groups of away fans who want to turn up at their ground and give their club money is anything to go by then it's not a surprise these clubs have found themselves in financial trouble over the past few years.

Having Hibs coming to their ground is potentially a decent pay day for them.

On another thread (possibly one of the pricing ones) there was a discussion about the main factors about why people make a decision to go to the game.

If they want people to buy tickets in advance they might have to offer a financial incentive.

If they want people to rock up on the day then they need to make it as easy as possible for fans who wake up, see it is a nice day and fancy going to the football up the road to do so.

Their memories of going to these grounds need to be of a nice wee day out with minimum fuss, not queuing for ages and getting lip from staff.

Away fans are paying punters too, treat them right and more of them will come back.

The way the paying punter is treated by clubs in Scotland is frankly disgraceful.

(Hibs aren't exactly blameless when it come to this either. I had a mate text me 15 minutes into the recent game at ER v Raith asking me if their end was full. It turns out we'd run out of tickets and had to print some more so a lot of them were left outside for a good half hour even though they'd turned up on time. Basic stuff.)

lucky
20-09-2015, 01:39 PM

You've just made up the 75%. Lot of Hibs fans live out with the city so it's easier to go straight the ground on the day of the game. The fact is that the ground was around a third full but it was a shambles getting in

Andy74
20-09-2015, 03:17 PM
You've just made up the 75%. Lot of Hibs fans live out with the city so it's easier to go straight the ground on the day of the game. The fact is that the ground was around a third full but it was a shambles getting in

Exactly. Clubs these days are creating more difficult ways to get into less than half full stadiums. People turn up on the day. That's a fact and they should be able to get in with the minimum of fuss.

JimBHibees
20-09-2015, 06:19 PM

Why should they there were 3k in a ground which holds ten. Get 3 or 4 cash turnstiles open problem solved. Why should fans go to a hospitality suite when they could just pay at the gate? Shambles.

JimBHibees
20-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Exactly. Clubs these days are creating more difficult ways to get into less than half full stadiums. People turn up on the day. That's a fact and they should be able to get in with the minimum of fuss.

And they should be encouraging people to turn up not discouraging them.

The_Horde
20-09-2015, 06:23 PM

Or you could get them posted?

Especially as it seems a lot of people were aware of problems the previous time.

high bee
20-09-2015, 07:20 PM

Especially as it seems a lot of people were aware of problems the previous time.

It's up to the club to accommodate the paying customer though, if they're not fussed about getting numbers through the gate then it's no surprise they keep struggling financially.

Saying people should buy in advance to avoid queues is fine if you're selling tickets to a cup final or a game that is likely to sell out but if it's a case of telling people to buy tickets in advance because they are not professional enough to learn from previous games then that only reflects poorly of Livi.

Iggy Pope
20-09-2015, 07:38 PM

I agree with everything you are saying about the ticket arrangements for casual walk ups.
But surely you must see that your circumstances are extraordinary? Who in the name of **** can account for that?Portsmouth for ****s sake.... Apart of course, from Social Media. Buy your ticket from Hibs, get your Loyalty points (I'd wager you're due them) and someone on here will see you ok. What would you have done if the game was in Dingwall?

danhibees1875
20-09-2015, 07:51 PM
I made the decision on Saturday morning to go and thankfully got there with enough time that I didn't miss any of the game.

I've heard similar complaints about the away end at Easter road since we got rid of PATG and introduced pods and double ques. My Livi mate actually missed the start of the opening game last year as a result, so this certainly isn't a problem that we are exempt from.

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2015, 08:17 PM

Oh look at me, buy them advance,get them posted blah blah blah. Stop being a smart erse and recognise that there were genuine problems for some folk.

My_Wife_Camille
20-09-2015, 09:54 PM

Agree with this. I missed the first 10/15 minutes of the game there last season because of the queues. This time I bought my ticket in advance and got straight in.

As you say, 'simple'.

The_Horde
20-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Agree with this. I missed the first 10/15 minutes of the game there last season because of the queues. This time I bought my ticket in advance and got straight in.

As you say, 'simple'.

And it's good for the loyalty points too.

liamh2202
21-09-2015, 12:18 AM
I agree with everything you are saying about the ticket arrangements for casual walk ups.
But surely you must see that your circumstances are extraordinary? Who in the name of **** can account for that?Portsmouth for ****s sake.... Apart of course, from Social Media. Buy your ticket from Hibs, get your Loyalty points (I'd wager you're due them) and someone on here will see you ok. What would you have done if the game was in Dingwall?

Eh?,what has social media got to do with it? If it was dingwall or Dumbarton I would have done the same. The fact is I didn't have the opportunity to get to er beforehand. And as tickets were advertised as being available on the day I would travel and expect a company to be able to supply said tickets? I don't think that is expecting too much? Do you? Or should only fans in the Edinburgh area who know days/weeks in advance if they can go be catered for?

marinello59
21-09-2015, 05:07 AM

Livi were aware of problems the previous time and should have sorted things. Blaming paying fans for this? Dearie me.

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Livi were aware of problems the previous time and should have sorted things. Blaming paying fans for this? Dearie me.

Deary dear. I'm not blaming fans, what I'm saying is be more organised and it won't be an issue in the first place.

marinello59
21-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Deary dear. I'm not blaming fans, what I'm saying is be more organised and it won't be an issue in the first place.

Erm..... So you ain't blaming fans but if they had been more organised it wouldn't have been an issue? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
21-09-2015, 08:01 AM

Why don't some take the opportunity to liaise with Hibs/Fans reps on this matter, once is bad, twice is shambolic. Livingston need their erses kicked

CMac1988
21-09-2015, 08:17 AM

The same can be said for the club...

CropleyWasGod
21-09-2015, 08:24 AM

I was one of the "organised" ones as you put it. I rocked up very early, having read the advice on here, and didn't have any of the problems mentioned.

However, had everyone done that, what would have happened? Instead of long queues at 245, there would have been long queues at 145. The same problems, an hour earlier, and the same complaints. That's not solving the issue at all, IMO, it's just moving it.

StevieC
21-09-2015, 08:43 AM
However, had everyone done that, what would have happened? Instead of long queues at 245, there would have been long queues at 145. The same problems, an hour earlier, and the same complaints. That's not solving the issue at all, IMO, it's just moving it.

Fair point, although I think the main issue would be missing the kick off with delays at 2.45.

Every home game I see big queues at the ticket office with 5 minutes to go till kick off, and not sure why. Whether it's issues at turnstiles, changing seats, collecting pre-paid, or whatever, but there must be a few missing the kick off each week.

I find the "print at home" service perfect as an "out of towner". On the morning of a game I can pick my seat, get my loyalty points, and have my ticket in my hand before I set off on the 50 mile journey. Works for me, and not heard of any issues using this method.

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 08:43 AM
The same can be said for the club...

You can't control what they do, but you can control what you do.

marinello59
21-09-2015, 08:48 AM

Ah, I get it now. You aren't blaming the fans, you are trolling. :aok:

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Ah, I get it now. You aren't blaming the fans, you are trolling. :aok:

Aye, that must be it.

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Correct. If something goes wrong, blame someone else.

Andy74
21-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Correct. If something goes wrong, blame someone else.

Indeed. So Livingston get set up wrong and the blame goes to the fans.

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 10:16 AM

Correct, those who didn't take up the option of buying their tickets in advance and therefore avoiding the disruption have only themselves to blame.

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 10:27 AM

Nobody is blaming fans. God you lot are precious this week eh?

It's livingston's fault, of course it is. But with a little bit of planning the wait could've been avoided for a lot of fans.

I'd never been to Dunfermline before this pre season but I'd heard they were a nightmare, so I got there early.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Who are "you lot"?

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Who are "you lot"?

Hibs fans obviously. Cos I'm evidently a trolling yam for having a differing opinion..

Andy74
21-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Correct, those who didn't take up the option of buying their tickets in advance and therefore avoiding the disruption have only themselves to blame.

No they don't. There shouldn't be disruption to turn up and get into a football match in a less than half empty stadium. That's the point.

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 10:37 AM
No they don't. There shouldn't be disruption to turn up and get into a football match in a less than half empty stadium. That's the point.

There wasn't a disruption for those of us who bought in advance.

That's my point.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Nobody is blaming fans. God you lot are precious this week eh?

It's livingston's fault, of course it is. But with a little bit of planning the wait could've been avoided for a lot of fans.

I'd never been to Dunfermline before this pre season but I'd heard they were a nightmare, so I got there early.

oh i can see at least one ignoramus is doing just that

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 10:38 AM
oh i can see at least one ignoramus is doing just that

Well I'm certainly not.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Well I'm certainly not.

not you :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Hibs fans obviously. Cos I'm evidently a trolling yam for having a differing opinion..

Don't know about a Yam more like a WUM.

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Well I'm certainly not.

Neither am I as I'm not sure you can even class those that turn up late as 'fans'.

Passive tourists.

J-C
21-09-2015, 10:46 AM
There wasn't a disruption for those of us who bought in advance.

That's my point.

What about the supporter that decides the last minute to go to the game, is it his fault he had to queue, Livi are well known for having chaotic turnstiles, it's up to them to have a better system in place knowing a fairly large crowd would be coming from us.

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Neither am I as I'm not sure you can even class those that turn up late as 'fans'.

Passive tourists.

:hilarious

HNA2
21-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Can we stop the personal stuff before it gets worse and leads to the thread being locked please.

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 10:49 AM
What about the supporter that decides the last minute to go to the game, is it his fault he had to queue, Livi are well known for having chaotic turnstiles, it's up to them to have a better system in place knowing a fairly large crowd would be coming from us.

If more folk who knew about the chaos had organised themselves sufficiently then it wouldn't have been a problem for last minute Mike to get in.

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 10:49 AM

Speechy covered this perfectly earlier in the thread. I invite you to read his previous posts on the matter.

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Especially if, as you say, Livi are well known for their chaotic turnstiles.

CropleyWasGod
21-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Especially if, as you say, Livi are well known for their chaotic turnstiles.
Well known?

I only knew about it by reading on here on Friday. Not sure that everyone who went on Saturday would know.

J-C
21-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Speechy covered this perfectly earlier in the thread. I invite you to read his previous posts on the matter.

Read his and your posts and all you both do is re iterate the fact that everyone should've pre bought their tickets, not the point though is it as you have no idea of the number of people who couldn't buy early due to not knowing if they were going or not. He states 75% of hibs fans paid at the gate, do you know the number of these fans who didn't know till last minute??

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Read his and your posts and all you both do is re iterate the fact that everyone should've pre bought their tickets, not the point though is it as you have no idea of the number of people who couldn't buy early due to not knowing if they were going or not. He states 75% of hibs fans paid at the gate, do you know the number of these fans who didn't know till last minute??

Nope, he didn't say that 75% of Hibs fans paid at the gate. Try again :aok:

J-C
21-09-2015, 01:07 PM

Nope, he didn't say that 75% of Hibs fans paid at the gate. Try again :aok:

Thought I imagined it but nope, he does state 75% of queueing folk. :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Thought I imagined it but nope, he does state 75% of queueing folk. :aok:

Correct, that is what he said. You do realise that is not what you said initially though JC?

He states 75% of hibs fans paid at the gate

Keep trying

J-C
21-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Correct, that is what he said. You do realise that is not what you said initially though JC?

Looks very much the same to me, 75% folk queueing = 75% hibs fans paying at the gate.

His argument was that the 75% queueing could've saved time by pre buying their tickets, unless we speak a different language, this looks the same to me but then again, you do like to be controversial and overly clever with your posts.

Enough for me, I was working on saturday so wasn't there, no need to waste my time and effort any more on needless threads. :bye:

The_Horde
21-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Looks very much the same to me, 75% folk queueing = 75% hibs fans paying at the gate.

His argument was that the 75% queueing could've saved time by pre buying their tickets, unless we speak a different language, this looks the same to me but then again, you do like to be controversial and overly clever with your posts.

Enough for me, I was working on saturday so wasn't there, no need to waste my time and effort any more on needless threads. :bye:

75% of the folk who were queueing is not the same as 75% of the hibs support.

HNA6
21-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Adults bickering like 5 year olds again, well done

Thread closed