PDA

View Full Version : Dan Carmichael

DaveF
18-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Is he still injured or just not in the squad at the moment?

Hibby70
18-09-2015, 12:14 PM
He was on the bench last week was he not?

Billy Whizz
18-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Is he still injured or just not in the squad at the moment?

Was injured, but was on the bench last week

tanfield
18-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Was on the bench on Saturday. I don't think he has shown enough to merit a starting slot especially given how well the midfield is performing at the moment

nellio
18-09-2015, 12:27 PM
From the couple of times i've seen him so far I cant say i've been overly impressed with him. Hope he kicks on later in the season.

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Stubbs isn't keen on out-and-out wide players having a big part in his set up and Carmichael will go the way of Harris and Kennedy.

PatHead
18-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Stubbs isn't keen on out-and-out wide players having a big part in his set up and Carmichael will go the way of Harris and Kennedy.

So why did he sign him then?

CallumLaidlaw
18-09-2015, 01:25 PM

But I thought Carmichael wasn't an out and out wide player and was only played on the wing for QoTS when they had injuries?

Brightside
18-09-2015, 01:28 PM
But I thought Carmichael wasn't an out and out wide player and was only played on the wing for QoTS when they had injuries?

He's not - but its important we dont stop someone having the chance to have another pop at the team. :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
18-09-2015, 01:29 PM
He's not - but its important we dont stop someone having the chance to have another pop at the team. :wink:

:aok:

J-C
18-09-2015, 03:14 PM

You're right Callum but with McGinn, McGeouch and Henderson all in front of him , he's going to struggle to get in the team.

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2015, 03:22 PM
So why did he sign him then?

I heard from someone at the club that Carmichael was on the touchline, and turned to Stubbs in the dug out, batted his eyes suggestively and said in a husky voice: "take me to the capital, big boy."

J-C
18-09-2015, 03:58 PM
I wonder if after we've signed Carmichael the chances of signing McGinn came around, then add in McGeouch and Henderson in the Allan signing, suddenly a decent player has been shunted down the pecking order a fare bit.

CapitalGreen
18-09-2015, 04:08 PM
You're right Callum but with McGinn, McGeouch and Henderson all in front of him , he's going to struggle to get in the team.

Ah the old myth that he's not a winger yet he's never played centrally for us or in any of the games we face QOTS last season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Get the idea that he may be an impact player? Not a dig but I don't see him as a first pick at least the way Stubbs is setting the team up just now.

DaveF
18-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Was injured, but was on the bench last week

Time for an eye test, since I never noticed him!

J-C
18-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Ah the old myth that he's not a winger yet he's never played centrally for us or in any of the games we face QOTS last season.

No one said he doesn't play wide just that he is an attacking central player. If you watched the game against Rangers in the play offs, you'd have heard the commentator say he was playing wide due to the winger being injured and that he normally plays through the middle but don't let facts get in the way.

EskbankHibby
18-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Was speaking to a QOTS fan recently who was gutted he had left.

A really nice, humble guy apparently who goes back to stay at his parents when he's not playing/training.

(Guy I spoke to has a season ticket at QOTS and lives 3 doors up from his parents).

superfurryhibby
18-09-2015, 11:23 PM

Maybe they just weren't good enough?

A Lack of width cost us las.t season. In essence it's all a load are ****, a player who can beat a man and create space for himself and others to feed off will alwYLT s be required, no matter what pseudo tactical nonsense the champ managers amongst us spout.

FranckSuzy
18-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Maybe they just weren't good enough?

A Lack of width cost us las.t season. In essence it's all a load are ****, a player who can beat a man and create space for himself and others to feed off will alwYLT s be required, no matter what pseudo tactical nonsense the champ managers amongst us spout.

Loving your phone's predictive text :tee hee:

superfurryhibby
18-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Loving your phone's predictive text :tee hee:

It's more like my brain's predictive reflex. Glad to see someone pays attention.

Sometimes , usually when wearing for worst, I have urges70, strange urges and Hibs net is my preferred released on baileys

I wonder if Stubbsy would she winger baby snakes? Good and winking a lot of Alan o' Brainstorm by Hawkwind.

J-C
19-09-2015, 12:50 AM
It's more like my brain's predictive reflex. Glad to see someone pays attention.

Sometimes , usually when wearing for worst, I have urges70, strange urges and Hibs net is my preferred released on baileys

I wonder if Stubbsy would she winger baby snakes? Good and winking a lot of Alan o' Brainstorm by Hawkwind.

Either you're very drunk or your phones predictive text has gone haywire as I didn't understand a word of what you just typed :greengrin

Mango Man
19-09-2015, 01:12 AM

:top marks:greengrin

Ray_
19-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Was speaking to a QOTS fan recently who was gutted he had left.

A really nice, humble guy apparently who goes back to stay at his parents when he's not playing/training.

(Guy I spoke to has a season ticket at QOTS and lives 3 doors up from his parents).

He gave rangers a torrid time during the play off games.

Keith_M
19-09-2015, 09:06 AM
If a game's not going our way, surely somebody like Carmichael would be a great option to bring on from the bench to try something different.

:dunno:

Eyrie
19-09-2015, 09:40 AM

There is a certain Quark Strangeness and Charm about your post.

R'Albin
19-09-2015, 10:02 AM

Can't argue with any of that.

lucky
19-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Let's give the boy a chance to settle at Hubs before we make judgements on him

SaulGoodman
19-09-2015, 12:40 PM

This.

Bishop Hibee
19-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Given that other posters on here say he's not a winger, which is news to me, I'd agree with you.

worcesterhibby
19-09-2015, 05:26 PM
I wonder if after we've signed Carmichael the chances of signing McGinn came around, then add in McGeouch and Henderson in the Allan signing, suddenly a decent player has been shunted down the pecking order a fare bit.

this.

Billy Whizz
19-09-2015, 05:35 PM
this.

He's been injured, and missed out again today

Alfred E Newman
19-09-2015, 06:33 PM
He's been injured, and missed out again today

He was on the bench last week.