PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown disses Tony Mowbray

Dan Sarf
17-09-2015, 08:52 AM
From BBC Gossip: Celtic captain Scott Brown scoffs at the notion of a crisis at the club. "I had Tony Mowbray as a manager - that was a crisis," he remarks. (Various)

Not nice.

Geo_1875
17-09-2015, 08:54 AM
From BBC Gossip: Celtic captain Scott Brown scoffs at the notion of a crisis at the club. "I had Tony Mowbray as a manager - that was a crisis," he remarks. (Various)

Not nice.

Does he say whether that crisis was at Hibs or Celtc?

Smartie
17-09-2015, 08:55 AM
I wonder how many managers have done as much for Scott Brown's career as Tony Mowbray?

Idiotic comment and smacks of playing to the crowd. Of all clubs in the UK the Celtc fans will be the ones who will have the lowest opinion of Mowbray.

Any other club and any other management team and he'd have said John Collins…….

J-C
17-09-2015, 08:57 AM
The old saying if you've nothing good to say comes to mind, no need and shows him in a bad light, remember he and Thomson were quick to ask for more cash when they changed agent. A good player but has a nasty streak in him, same when he plays he looked great most of the time, then out of the blue he'll put in a leg breaking tackle and either get a booking or sent off.

Edit. He could be talking about Mowbray's time at Celtic, I never thought of that.

Dan Sarf
17-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Does he say whether that crisis was at Hibs or Celtc?

I assumed he meant Celtc

shamo9
17-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Mowbray was a disaster at Celtic so seems fair enough
enough to me.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-09-2015, 09:12 AM
In my option i see a bit of sarcasm in the quote/interview - so probably not a dig at all, just a piss take out of the press.

Surprised he didn't just qoute "a dunno" several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzGktr-nOU

Jim44
17-09-2015, 09:43 AM
I assumed he meant Celtc

Definitely Celtic. But I think he's being a bit rash to attack someone like Mowbray in such a personal way. As they say, when you're at the top of the ladder (Scotland), you never know who you'll meet on the way down. :greengrin

JimBHibees
17-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Obviously because he couldnt mention Collins with him being the assistant where he is.

Betty Boop
17-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Classless fud

Bostonhibby
17-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I wonder how many managers have done as much for Scott Brown's career as Tony Mowbray?

Idiotic comment and smacks of playing to the crowd. Of all clubs in the UK the Celtc fans will be the ones who will have the lowest opinion of Mowbray.

:agree: He's celtc captain, enough said. Not Hibs class.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2015, 10:10 AM
I've not heard many other former Hibs players say too much against TM. Derek Riordan was pretty gushing in his praise of him just last week.

I know he isn't everyones cup of tea (Mowbray) but players seem to like him. I'd suggest if there is a problem it may be Brown that has it.

snooky
17-09-2015, 10:17 AM
I've not heard many other former Hibs players say too much against TM. Derek Riordan was pretty gushing in his praise of him just last week.

I know he isn't everyones cup of tea (Mowbray) but players seem to like him. I'd suggest if there is a problem it may be Brown that has it.

I'll drink to that :stirrer: :greengrin

JimBHibees
17-09-2015, 10:19 AM

A fantastic point and spot on. Pretty awful comment IMO.

J-C
17-09-2015, 10:21 AM

I wonder if Brown is annoyed that Mowbray left us to go to W Brom, maybe feels Mowbray left the team he was building to go to an average team down south.

Andy74
17-09-2015, 10:37 AM
I think Brown was just putting into perspective the current 'crisis' compared to results when Mowbray was there.

easty
17-09-2015, 10:39 AM
I think Brown was just putting into perspective the current 'crisis' compared to results when Mowbray was there.

I think it's fairly obvious that's what he meant. :agree:

Jim44
17-09-2015, 10:43 AM
I wonder if Brown is annoyed that Mowbray left us to go to W Brom, maybe feels Mowbray left the team he was building to go to an average team down south.

I don't think he's relating Mowbray's time at ER to this recent criticism. Celtic are getting a bit of a bad press just now and I think that he's just come out with this throwaway comment to deflect scrutiny from their recent 'crisis'. Deila's all over the back page of the Scotsman, defending his position and asking Lawwell to sack him if they don't win the league. He should be grateful for the pressure from Aberdeen and a couple of other Premiership clubs for putting up a challenge and thereby improving their useless campaign in Europe. Might shut up Collins for a wee while.

Peevemor
17-09-2015, 10:45 AM
We’re playing well now but back then we weren’t playing any football whatsoever and the crowds were down to 15,000-20,000. That was an extremely hard situation but this isn’t even close to that.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-what-celtic-crisis-6458396

magnificent_seven
17-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Considering Mowbray made Scott Brown captain at Celtic, this is a pretty unprofessional and ungrateful dig at him.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Classless fud

It kind of goes with the territory of being associated with that mob.

Alex Trager
17-09-2015, 12:22 PM
The old saying if you've nothing good to say comes to mind, no need and shows him in a bad light, remember he and Thomson were quick to ask for more cash when they changed agent. A good player but has a nasty streak in him, same when he plays he looked great most of the time, then out of the blue he'll put in a leg breaking tackle and either get a booking or sent off.

Edit. He could be talking about Mowbray's time at Celtic, I never thought of that.

Na most of his horror show tackles are unmentioned by the refs here.

He goes into Europe or for Scotland and puts in another and then acts surprised when he gets called up for it.

Has always annoyed me he plays like that and gets away with it continually up here.

He's Jim Goodwin in a Celtic shirt.

That's when it comes to tackling btw and not overall ability

jacomo
17-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I don't think he's relating Mowbray's time at ER to this recent criticism. Celtic are getting a bit of a bad press just now and I think that he's just come out with this throwaway comment to deflect scrutiny from their recent 'crisis'. Deila's all over the back page of the Scotsman, defending his position and asking Lawwell to sack him if they don't win the league. He should be grateful for the pressure from Aberdeen and a couple of other Premiership clubs for putting up a challenge and thereby improving their useless campaign in Europe. Might shut up Collins for a wee while.

Dons might even lead the pack until January, when Lawwell will rip the heart out of their team for having the temerity to challenge Celtc.

Haymaker
17-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Dons might even lead the pack until January, when Lawwell will rip the heart out of their team for having the temerity to challenge Celtc.

:agree:

Hibs History
17-09-2015, 12:30 PM
The old saying if you've nothing good to say comes to mind, no need and shows him in a bad light, remember he and Thomson were quick to ask for more cash when they changed agent. A good player but has a nasty streak in him, same when he plays he looked great most of the time, then out of the blue he'll put in a leg breaking tackle and get neither a booking or sent off.

Edited that for you :greengrin

Frazerbob
17-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Scott Brown is a classless prick. An opinion I held long before he and his partner in crime enlisted the help of his pals at the Daily Record to publicly **** on our club.

--------
17-09-2015, 12:44 PM
It kind of goes with the territory of being associated with that mob.

It kind of goes with the territory of being Scott Brown, in my opinion.

Only one star in Scotty's universe. :rolleyes:

Tam
17-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Brown is trying to deflect from what is really going on behind the scenes at Parkhead at the moment.2 members of their coaching staff alleged to have walked in the last few days along with one of their medical backroom staff, add that to both Brown and Commons going to Deila to complain about team selection & tactics tells you everything is not rosy at Darkheid. Usual rubbish from the weegie press tip toeing around them in fear of upsetting Lawlell and Co

--------
17-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Brown is trying to deflect from what is really going on behind the scenes at Parkhead at the moment.2 members of their coaching staff alleged to have walked in the last few days along with one of their medical backroom staff, add that to both Brown and Commons going to Deila to complain about team selection & tactics tells you everything is not rosy at Darkheid. Usual rubbish from the weegie press tip toeing around them in fear of upsetting Lawlell and Co

You mean the Celtc players are revolting?

I knew that. :devil:

Mr White
17-09-2015, 12:54 PM
You mean the Celtc players are revolting?

I knew that. :devil:

Positively fragrant compared to their support though :greengrin

SanFranHibs
17-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Mowbray was a disaster at Celtic so seems fair enough
enough to me.

No, it is not fair enough! Although Brown has links with Mowbray, Mowbray's tenure at Celtic has nothing to do whatsoever with the current mediocrity that they 'enjoy' now.

Low class garbage from what Betty Boop on here correctly calls a Classless Fud.

No Mowbray in Scott Browns career and no Scott Brown as captain of Celtic, and no Scott Brown as a Scotland 'star.

This is not even perspective. Like me saying the economy sucks and someone saying , 'Yes, but it was a lot worse in the great depression'....... 'Oh yes, what I was thinking?'

Celtic in the grand scheme of things are just ****, in a ****ty league, managing to get bounced out of Europe 3 times in one season, already out the CL this year and not exactly ripping the Scottish League apart right now.

He can put their position in perspective and show support for the incumbent management team without bad mouthing someone who pretty much made his career.

I would take Mowbray back as manager before Brown as captain.

easty
17-09-2015, 01:25 PM
I would take Mowbray back as manager before Brown as captain.

Nah.

easty
17-09-2015, 01:27 PM
This is not even perspective. Like me saying the economy sucks and someone saying , 'Yes, but it was a lot worse in the great depression'....... 'Oh yes, what I was thinking?'

It's not like that. At all.

Onion
17-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Unprofessional, crass comment by Brown. Simply no need for it.

Not the sharpest, so got to expect this kind of stuff from him time to time.

GreenArmyyy!
17-09-2015, 03:31 PM
What a knob, Mowbray developed him in to one of the best players in Scotland and that's the way he thanks him. Lost an awful lot of respect for Brown for this. Mind you the respect has been on a shoogly peg for a few years now with his antics.

Baldy Foghorn
17-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Scott Brown is a classless prick. An opinion I held long before he and his partner in crime enlisted the help of his pals at the Daily Record to publicly **** on our club.

Agree.....He is one angry character on the pitch and very over-rated....

He reminds me of Strachan, always got to be a wideo in interviews

Baldy Foghorn
17-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Unprofessional, crass comment by Brown. Simply no need for it.

Not the sharpest, so got to expect this kind of stuff from him time to time.

:agree::agree:

CB_NO3
17-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Slightly off topic but how bad is Scott Brown these days? Games against Malmo and Georgia in particular. Should have went down south and he could have became a top player.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Slightly off topic but how bad is Scott Brown these days? Games against Malmo and Georgia in particular. Should have went down south and he could have became a top player.

I think a lot of that is down to how Celtic have wanted him to play. He's nowhere near mobile enough or technically good enough to play the role they want him to. They want a prime Roy Keane performance from a guy with a Celtic era Roy Keanes ability. I think a lot of what we see from.his is frustration at his own limitations.

I'm not really sure going south would have made a difference tbh. Aggressive, energetic players are a ten a penny down there. He's had about as good a career as he could have hoped with his natural ability imo. Whether he would have been handled and developed differently down south is up for debate of course.

Michael
17-09-2015, 04:28 PM

When he left us he was one of the most exciting attack minded midfielders I've ever seen. You'd have thought that with the players he had around him at Celtic they could have got even more from him...but instead they (somehow) turned him into a pretty boring and unadventurous player.

hfc rd
17-09-2015, 04:37 PM
If it wasn't for Tony Mowbray then god knows what Scott Brown would be doing career wise right now. Very disrespectful comments made by Brown on the guy that virtually did a lot for Brown during the early part of his career.

3pm
17-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Agree.....He is one angry character on the pitch and very over-rated....

He reminds me of Strachan, always got to be a wideo in interviews

One of the most overrated in a long, long time.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2015, 06:29 PM

Agreed.

An amount of righteous indignation in a number of posts. Does anyone really know what Brown's relationship with Mowbray was like at Celtic? Probably only Brown, his team mates and Mowbray.

Mowbray's record at Celtic kinda bears out the 'crisis' claim

.Sean.
17-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Who cares?

Scott Brown is a prick and so is Tony Mowbray.

GreenArmyyy!
17-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Why is Tony Mowbray a prick?

bigwheel
17-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Who cares?

Scott Brown is a prick and so is Tony Mowbray.

and by posting that, you come across a great guy!

.Sean.
17-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Went way down in my estimations after how he carried himself at Celtic

Peevemor
17-09-2015, 07:33 PM
I've never been able to work out whether Scott Brown is really bright (but gives 'guarded' interviews) or if he's actually pretty thick.

Either way he was a great player for Hibs (and in no way overrated) and that's all that matters to me.

Hiber-nation
17-09-2015, 07:46 PM

Very true mate, he was horrendous in both games, a mile off the pace. He should be paying more attention to getting himself match fit instead slagging off the manager who made him into a football player.

Big L
17-09-2015, 07:56 PM

Scott Browns not a prick! Mowbray did well at Hibs but won nowt, he was an absolute disaster at celtic. When JC took over from Mowbray we played better football, specifically in midfield where we got the ball back a hell of a lot quicker and won the league cup and one other thing, Brown will come back to pkay for Hibs!

.Sean.
17-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Scott Browns not a prick! Mowbray did well at Hibs but won nowt, he was an absolute disaster at celtic. When JC took over from Mowbray we played better football, specifically in midfield where we got the ball back a hell of a lot quicker and won the league cup and one other thing, Brown will come back to pkay for Hibs!
Yeahlet's be grateful at the thought of a 36 year old 'Broony' coming back to wind down his career at us eh :confused:

Greencore
17-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Obviously only telling the celtc fans what they wanna hear. Next thing you know he will be dissing the Rangers.

Stax
17-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I read his comments and genuinely don't think he was dissing Mowbray. Playing to the smellies and trying as captain to take the heat of his current stroker of a manager IMO. I genuinely thought Brown in his prime here was one of Scotland's top prospects and loved watching him play. I would guess there are not too many on here who honestly thought Mowbray and Brown weren't destined for better things. Brown you could argue has done by captaining Celtic & his country, Mowbray it hasn't really worked out for. Either way they both gave me some of my best recent memories watching Hibs.

Smartie
17-09-2015, 09:22 PM
I think people are reacting how they are because the majority of us hold the 2 of them in high regard, in spite of the fact that they both have carried themselves badly at the smellies.

You would like to think that there would be a bit of mutual respect between them - Brown has done well for Mowbray so you wouldn't expect Mowbray to put the boot in on Brown (if asked), and vice-versa.

We have a very different view of Mowbray as a manager to Celtic fans.

I think it was a crass and ill-advised comment and has been pointed out elsewhere, Brown doesn't know who he might encounter on his way down.

Flower Jew
17-09-2015, 09:36 PM
I've never been able to work out whether Scott Brown is really bright (but gives 'guarded' interviews) or if he's actually pretty thick.

Either way he was a great player for Hibs (and in no way overrated) and that's all that matters to me.

He kind of has that look about him that if he weren't a footballer he'd spend his days, all day, sitting in a bus stop shyly saying 'Hiya' to people, his eyes darting to the ground when he makes eye contact with anyone and chewing on a bookies pen he'd found lying in a puddle there.

Like most Rangers fans.

I don't think his comment was a dig at Mowbray. To juxtapose Mowbray's Celtc with the current team in this way was actually pretty clever.

Jim44
17-09-2015, 09:49 PM

I've on various occasions stated my respect for Brown as a Hibs player and that will never change. However, I have also criticised him for his demeanor and snydeness and on reflection, I think he comes over that way because, IMO, as you suggest, he's not the brightest card in the pack.

SkintHibby
18-09-2015, 06:46 AM
Give it a rest with the "Scott Brown is a prick" nonsense. I have a female friend who counts Scott Brown as a close friend. Says a nicer guy you could not meet. Also been seen in the stands regularly at ER over the years - and that makes him OK by me!

jacomo
18-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Give it a rest with the "Scott Brown is a prick" nonsense. I have a female friend who counts Scott Brown as a close friend. Says a nicer guy you could not meet. Also been seen in the stands regularly at ER over the years - and that makes him OK by me!

:agree:

Northern Hibby
18-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Celtic neutered Scott Brown, take a look at his breaks against Rangers for Ivan's goals, I'd much rather have our old Scott Brown than Celtics testicle free version :agree:

heretoday
18-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Scott Brown would do well to concentrate on his football, which has been less than impressive lately for club and country.

I'm sure he's a nice chap and all that.

gringojoe
18-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Celtic neutered Scott Brown, take a look at his breaks against Rangers for Ivan's goals, I'd much rather have our old Scott Brown than Celtics testicle free version :agree:

100%. Scott set up 2 of Ivan's goals at Ipox by breaking from almost our own box. Celtc turned him into a young Neil Lennon, pass sideways, pass sideways......

snooky
18-09-2015, 06:28 PM
100%. Scott set up 2 of Ivan's goals at Ipox by breaking from almost our own box. Celtc turned him into a young Neil Lennon, pass sideways, pass sideways......

Agreed - Broonie had a fantastic engine and that game shows it at its best.
I saw him at ER early in his career at a kinda question night for the fans.
He was very quiet and respectful, the antipode of what he is on the park.
One of my mates was like that - a Jekyll & Hyde on & off the field.

Kato
18-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Agreed - Broonie had a fantastic engine and that game shows it at its best.
I saw him at ER early in his career at a kinda question night for the fans.
He was very quiet and respectful, the antipode of what he is on the park.
One of my mates was like that - a Jekyll & Hyde on & off the field.

We've had a few Dr Jekylls on the field who were Mr Hydes off it in recent years.

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2015, 10:14 AM
We've had a few Dr Jekylls on the field who were Mr Hydes off it in recent years.

Mr Hides on field as well:greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
19-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Tony Mowbray is planning to diss brown back with his new song real coventry City Gs