PDA

View Full Version : Reputations...

Mikey09
15-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Alex Neil is managing Norwich City in the EPL having taken them there with a fantastic campaign last season playing fantastic attacking football.

Terry Butcher is managing Newport in league 2 sitting bottom of there league after relegating our club playing the most eye bleeding football ever.

To me it shows clubs should be looking at guys like Neil instead of going for coaches, and I use that term in the loosest possible way, like Butcher who live on there reputation.

This is why I was delighted to see us appoint Stubbs instead of some has been living on there reputation. Any other young managers and coaches you think have a big future?

southsider
15-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Ronny Dei.....oops maybe not. lol

lucky
15-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Alan Stubbs played at high level are you suggesting that he's not up to it?

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Paul Hartley isn't doing himself any harm at Dundee and Jim McIntyre at Ross County has certainly made a difference there, though he isn't as young as Hartley. Cant remember the name of the guy at Killie .. but he could go all the way :greengrin

dangermouse
15-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Paul Hartley isn't doing himself any harm at Dundee and Jim McIntyre at Ross County has certainly made a difference there, though he isn't as young as Hartley. Cant remember the name of the guy at Killie .. but he could go all the way :greengrin

I'm sure that's a woman, we had a chant about her wearing a frock :rolleyes:

Brightside
15-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Turning it around a wee bit... Ray McKinnon is one of the worst managers ive ever heard on the side lines. A complete and utter plum.

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Turning it around a wee bit... Ray McKinnon is one of the worst managers ive ever heard on the side lines. A complete and utter plum.

Was surprised how poor Raith looked at ER thought there might have been a bit more football. Seemed quite one dimensional and thought their defence was poor also which was surprising to me as they had just beaten Hamilton in the League cup.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 03:27 PM

Pish :wink: :greengrin

Brightside
15-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Was surprised how poor Raith looked at ER thought there might have been a bit more football. Seemed quite one dimensional and thought their defence was poor also which was surprising to me as they had just beaten Hamilton in the League cup.

He came across as very old school in his technique and there was nothing in the way of coaching coming from his mouth.

Kato
15-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Pish :wink: :greengrin

He should be under a number 1 really.

Greentinted
15-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I reckon in 5-10 years the 3 managers from the current crop who'll have earned the biggest reputations will be Paul Hartley, Ian Murray and our own Alan Stubbs.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 05:07 PM
I reckon in 5-10 years the 3 managers from the current crop who'll have earned the biggest reputations will be Paul Hartley, Ian Murray and our own Alan Stubbs.

Doubt that very much.

CorrieHibs
15-09-2015, 05:29 PM

Can't see Ian Murray making the grade.

oneone73
15-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Can't see Ian Murray making the grade.

Agreed. A St Mirren diehard I work with is not at all impressed.

Future17
15-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Ian Cathro has a very good reputation. Currently coaching at Newcastle after a spell as Assistant at Valencia.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Ian Murray may well have earned a big reputation but I don't think it will be as a successful manager.

IanM
15-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Gary Caldwell is an interesting one. I do think he'll make it but he's not been given much of a hand from the Wigan chairman.

He's 23 and come out with a statement at the start of the season saying they'd smash the season by 100 points, which has pissed off a few teams and they're all upping their games against them.

10 points in 7 games ain't the start he was wanting but they do have a good side and I can see them clicking soon (11/1 to win the league)

PISTOL1875
15-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Many ex players have been criticle of Stuart Pearce.. The reputation he has built as a player does him in good stead for the initial honeymoon period but he is tactically inept and gets found out pretty quickly..

Another guy who has had jobs on his reputation is Ruud Gullit.. Fantastic as a player but bogging as a coach.. Kevin Keegan could also fall into that bracket... Great player but a poor manager who is quickly found out and usually bottles it when the going gets tough...

Mikey09
15-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Alan Stubbs played at high level are you suggesting that he's not up to it?

No. I didn't say that at all. I was talking about coaches. Love to see us take a chance on a young coach like Stubbs as opposed to say, Jimmy Calderwood etc. that was my point.