PDA

View Full Version : NHC Yam defender

HappyAsHellas
15-09-2015, 08:19 AM
I saw the highlights of ICT v Yams, and at the second goal I believe I witnessed the most inept effort in the history of the game of a full back trying to stop a cross. Don't know the guys name (it wasn't young Rolf) but he was side on to the ball, hands behind his back, and sort of attempting what can only be described as pathetic goose stepping to try and stop the ball. Did anyone else pick up on this, or better still, does anyone have the highlights of it?

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 08:21 AM
I saw the highlights of ICT v Yams, and at the second goal I believe I witnessed the most inept effort in the history of the game of a full back trying to stop a cross. Don't know the guys name (it wasn't young Rolf) but he was side on to the ball, hands behind his back, and sort of attempting what can only be described as pathetic goose stepping to try and stop the ball. Did anyone else pick up on this, or better still, does anyone have the highlights of it?

Rolfs defending at the first goal was horrific also.

Kojock
15-09-2015, 08:28 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/34229434

About 4min 20secs in

Newry Hibs
15-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Chelsea's Ivanivic (sp) was getting pelters from Radio 5 commentator for same sort of thing on Saturday. It seems to be the trend for keeping your arms behind you.

Mr White
15-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Think its ozturk.

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Think its ozturk.

Yes it is a very poor defender IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Chelsea's Ivanivic (sp) was getting pelters from Radio 5 commentator for same sort of thing on Saturday. It seems to be the trend for keeping your arms behind you.

I don't know if this is the same incident I'm thinking of, but as I recall he was about 5 yards outside the box when he did it .. now that is daft.

Jim44
15-09-2015, 09:59 AM

Imagine if this strategy was applied by defenders in walls where they were defending a direct shot on goal. It would be a bit like a game of Russian roulette, seeing who would be the first to chicken out and defend his goolies.:greengrin

HappyAsHellas
15-09-2015, 10:15 AM
It seems to be the norm nowadays for defenders to kak their pants and turn away if someone is going to shoot. We were always told to face the ball as this presents the largest obstacle to the attacker, ie the width of your upper body, as opposed to being side on (smaller area) and of course not being able to see what the hell is going on. I notice even Fonts does this on occasion, something I would deter by imposing the enforced wearing of a tutu instead of shorts for the next three games.