PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Farid Thread

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Anyone actually know whats happening with him?

Seen him in the team photo and wondered if we will ever see him again.....

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Farid the mythical footballer

Silky
15-09-2015, 08:27 AM
I saw him the other day. He was riding Shergar on Porty beach with Lord Lucan.

Jim44
15-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Terminate his contract, mutually and sign Riordan. Kill two threads with the one stone.:greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
15-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Would be better getting him of the wage bill

lucky
15-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Hibs have been unlucky with injuries with players but Farid is not the first to come to the club and pick up a wage and hardly play. I wouldnt pay him off though as he may contribute in a few games this season. But at least the fans are not ripping into him and calling him a wage thief like some in the past

Ozyhibby
15-09-2015, 09:17 AM
At the start of the season I suggested he would be unlikely to earn a new deal and got slated on here. Fast forward a few of weeks and people want him booted out the door now. Crazy.
I think he will be here till the end of the season but I doubt we will see him much, if at all in the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Hibs have been unlucky with injuries with players but Farid is not the first to come to the club and pick up a wage and hardly play. I wouldnt pay him off though as he may contribute in a few games this season. But at least the fans are not ripping into him and calling him a wage thief like some in the past

I think most fans realise a snapped Achilles tendon isnt a straight forward injury but a career threatening one. He has obviously now got other probably related injuries to get over however we need to be realistic and patient with regard to Farid. He will be an asset in time IMO.

Torto7062
15-09-2015, 09:21 AM
He was in the Edinburgh Suite on Saturday pre match and was saying he's back training with the 1st team squad this week

worcesterhibby
15-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Secret Weapon.... my intel is that he has actually now played 6 full games for a Junior side to get back to fitness under a false name and Stubbs is keeping his re-amergence under wraps as he will feature in the Aberdeen game.

Having said that, my Intel comes from the chipmunk voices in my head that keep me awake at night and keep telling me to steal nuts from Holland & Barrett so I'm not sure how well informed they are.

MB62
15-09-2015, 09:25 AM
He was in the Edinburgh Suite on Saturday pre match and was saying he's back training with the 1st team squad this week

Good news, he's certainly one who can contribute positively IF he can regain full fitness.

CockneyRebel
15-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Would be better getting him of the wage bill

I think we'd all like some clarification, either from the club or 'someone in the know'. I feel that the silence from the club concerning Farid is because the news ain't good but that's just me being pessimistic. If it is bad news I would rather hear it now so that we know where we stand. At least we have some cover now so it's wouldn't be wrist slitting time if we hear he won't play again (although I wouldn't wish that on the man, I really rate him and hope he has some kind of future with us).

Sorry - was writing this while the posts above were appearing so I hope all's well.

scoopyboy
15-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Good news if it turns out to be true.

Every time I ask or hear an interview he's a fortnight away, but a fortnight later he's still a fortnight away.

I don't think we will get many games out him if any and I think he may retire at the end of the season.

Unlike others we have had at the club in recent years he is a genuine guy and I wish he could get back in the first team and stay fit enough to remain in it.

Only recently folk have been saying on here we have too many strikers but this weekend we might only have JC, Malonga and Feruz with Keatings, El Alagui and Anier all out.

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 09:37 AM

Every time I ask or hear an interview he's a fortnight away, but a fortnight later he's still a fortnight away.

I don't think we will get many games out him if any and I think he may retire at the end of the season.

Unlike others we have had at the club in recent years he is a genuine guy and I wish he could get back in the first team and stay fit enough to remain in it.

Only recently folk have been saying on here we have too many strikers but this weekend we might only have JC, Malonga and Feruz with Keatings, El Alagui and Anier all out.

Is Anier injured?

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Farid is certainly worth sticking with IMO .... I loved his attitude when he came on in the play off game, even though it was a bit headless chicken he certainly wanted to get stuck in. Lets hope in a few weeks he is fit enough to put pressure on the others up front .... Especially as Keatings is beginning to look a bit injury prone too.

silverhibee

Was just the taking the car in to the garage again, FFS brand new and it's falling to pieces :greengrin anyway got a wee read of The Sun, they are reporting that Deek will be at EM for the rest of the week to train with the club.

Brightside

We also have Oli Shaw. Anier isnt injured just not fully match fit yet.

scoopyboy
15-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Not what I heard. Do you think he will be in the squad on Saturday?

He's not going to get fully match fit without getting matches.

If he's not injured then surely he should be on the bench at Livingston.

Jim44
15-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Was just the taking the car in to the garage again, FFS brand new and it's falling to pieces :greengrin anyway got a wee read of The Sun, they are reporting that Deek will be at EM for the rest of the week to train with the club.

No need to apologise for your supect reading habits, S. :greengrin Does this mean he has turned down a trial at Shrewsbury?

FranckSuzy
15-09-2015, 09:55 AM

Who believes that rag? :wink:

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 10:49 AM
No need to apologise for your supect reading habits, S. :greengrin Does this mean he has turned down a trial at Shrewsbury?

Honestly i only looked at the back pages, Griffiths is now saying he never said anything bad about the ref at the Dons game at the weekend, :shocked: :greengrin, and the usual love in with the bread man and his jolly bakers. :greengrin

As i got past the 8 pages of the Old firm love in i spotted this headline on page 9. :greengrin Rather than go buy a Sun i took a photo of the story. Here is what it say's.

DEL CLOSER TO A DEAL.

Derek Riordan's hopes of a dream third spell at Hibs have risen by Alan Stubbs inviting him again to train with the first team squad this week.
SunSport Online revealed yesterday the former Hibees idol was back at the East Mains complex.
Riordan had been due to head South for a trial at English League One side Shrewsbury Town.
But now the 32 yearold front-man - one of the greatest goal - scorers in Scotland's top-flight history-will instead once more try to impress the open minded Hibs gaffer Stubbs.
Free agent Riordan - able to sign outside of the transfer window which closed on September 1st - would jump at the chance of a deal at Easter Road, even on a short term basis.
He told SunSport last week: " I can't thank Alan enough for the opportunity to to train with the team."
Riordan would further boost the Championship side's formidable striking options.

:aok:

But that's from The Sun. :greengrin

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 10:53 AM

:agree:

Top bloke who is liked by everyone at the club, just a pity he has been out for most of his time here with injuries, he would have been a big player for us if he didn't pick up that injury at Alloa.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 10:55 AM

Hopefully working hard at training then to get him self in the squad.

Jim44
15-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Honestly i only looked at the back pages, Griffiths is now saying he never said anything bad about the ref at the Dons game at the weekend, :shocked: :greengrin, and the usual love in with the bread man and his jolly bakers. :greengrin

As i got past the 8 pages of the Old firm love in i spotted this headline on page 9. :greengrin Rather than go buy a Sun i took a photo of the story. Here is what it say's.

DEL CLOSER TO A DEAL.

Derek Riordan's hopes of a dream third spell at Hibs have risen by Alan Stubbs inviting him again to train with the first team squad this week.
SunSport Online revealed yesterday the former Hibees idol was back at the East Mains complex.
Riordan had been due to head South for a trial at English League One side Shrewsbury Town.
But now the 32 yearold front-man - one of the greatest goal - scorers in Scotland's top-flight history-will instead once more try to impress the open minded Hibs gaffer Stubbs.
Free agent Riordan - able to sign outside of the transfer window which closed on September 1st - would jump at the chance of a deal at Easter Road, even on a short term basis.
He told SunSport last week: " I can't thank Alan enough for the opportunity to to train with the team."
Riordan would further boost the Championship side's formidable striking options.

So he's probably on a train pulling into Shrewsbury station as we speak. :greengrin. But, joking apart, while I've got reservations about a third spell with us, I'm pleased for the guy and if Stubbs sees an opening for him, fair enough.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Not what I heard. Do you think he will be in the squad on Saturday?

He's not going to get fully match fit without getting matches.

If he's not injured then surely he should be on the bench at Livingston.

Surely he would have been on the bench on Saturday to hopefully get the last 15 minutes to get his match fitness up, was he involved in the development game last week.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Who believes that rag? :wink:

It's the front pages of that paper that piss me off, only peeked at the back pages, honestly. :greengrin

scoopyboy
15-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Surely he would have been on the bench on Saturday to hopefully get the last 15 minutes to get his match fitness up, was he involved in the development game last week.

No he wasn't Silv, I went to the game in the hope Insall, Feruz or Anier would be involved.

None of the three on show.

J-C
15-09-2015, 12:15 PM

DEL CLOSER TO A DEAL.

Love that bit haha we have fit at the moment JC, Malonga and Feruz, the rest either injured, unfit or both.

Looks like AS is thinking more and more about a short contract for Deek. :agree:

Pretty Boy
15-09-2015, 12:19 PM
So he's probably on a train pulling into Shrewsbury station as we speak. :greengrin. But, joking apart, while I've got reservations about a third spell with us, I'm pleased for the guy and if Stubbs sees an opening for him, fair enough.

That's it for me.

I'm not at all sure of him coming back but Stubbs is right more often than not with his signings and if he thinks DR can do a job on a short term basis then I'd trust him to be right.

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2015, 10:06 PM

I heard from a mate of a mate that Farid may do a Ledley King and only play matches, not train.

Any truth or just a made up rumour?

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 10:45 PM
No he wasn't Silv, I went to the game in the hope Insall, Feruz or Anier would be involved.

None of the three on show.

Hopefully Anier will be involved in the development game tomorrow to get that match fitness up, Feruz should play as well, to early for Insall.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Love that bit haha we have fit at the moment JC, Malonga and Feruz, the rest either injured, unfit or both.

Looks like AS is thinking more and more about a short contract for Deek. :agree:

I think we have one fully 100% fit striker right now, JC, Malonga still doesn't look fully fit and Feruz is still a bit away from starting games and he really isn't a striker.

Our other strikers are either injured/recovering from injury or not fit enough to make the squad.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 10:58 PM

:greengrin:

As has been said from a certain poster who seems to get it right most of the time if not all the time, it would seem Deek is training at EM for the rest of the week.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 11:04 PM
I heard from a mate of a mate that Farid may do a Ledley King and only play matches, not train.

Any truth or just a made up rumour?

Would he not have to get some match fitness behind him to do that.

I would say a rumour DH.

Ronniekirk
18-09-2015, 07:33 AM
So is he back training with the first team squad or not :confused:

Jim44
18-09-2015, 07:54 AM

I somehow doubt it. Stubbs in his interview yesterday, talks about injuries and players coming back and mentions Fyvie, Eckersley and Keatings on the road to recovery. No mention of Farid or any others. Maybe an oversight though.

scoopyboy
18-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Nope, neither is Anier.

Eyrie
18-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Nope, neither is Anier.

I'm not sure what the point of bringing Anier here is if he's not even training with the first team squad, Is there a reason why eg a lack of basic fitness?

J-C
18-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Nope, neither is Anier.

Did he pick up a knock with Estonia Scoops ?

If not, I'm surprised we took another unfit player on.

Do you also think Farid's injury is all in his head a bit like Galbraith when he was here?

scoopyboy
18-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Did he pick up a knock with Estonia Scoops ?

If not, I'm surprised we took another unfit player on.

Do you also think Farid's injury is all in his head a bit like Galbraith when he was here?

I didn't think he made the Estonia squad, but I could be wrong. I was going to watch the Estonia game on Sky multiscreen thingy but he wasn't in the team or on the bench.

Farid's injuries are real alright. No cartilage whatsoever in one knee so it's bone rubbing against bone and there was a minor op required on his Achilles as a screw was causing agitation. I fear for him to be honest.

J-C
18-09-2015, 10:08 AM
I didn't think he made the Estonia squad, but I could be wrong. I was going to watch the Estonia game on Sky multiscreen thingy but he wasn't in the team or on the bench.

Farid's injuries are real alright. No cartilage whatsoever in one knee so it's bone rubbing against bone and there was a minor op required on his Achilles as a screw was causing agitation. I fear for him to be honest.

If it's bone on bone then he'll need a new kneecap, 4 hr op and instant retirement, I've had both my hips done and that was my running days over.

Doesn't bode well for Farid, he'll be training with huge amounts of pain killers, also not good.

Jim44
18-09-2015, 10:20 AM
If it's bone on bone then he'll need a new kneecap, 4 hr op and instant retirement, I've had both my hips done and that was my running days over.

Doesn't bode well for Farid, he'll be training with huge amounts of pain killers, also not good.

That sounds hellish, so I'm surprised that Stubbs, in the Hibs TV interview, sounded reasonably upbeat about his progress.

offshorehibby
18-09-2015, 10:55 AM

I knew i'd seen this somewhere, reported to have come back early from International duty but not sure why.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-coach-keen-to-get-henri-anier-up-to-speed-1-3881330

Ozyhibby
18-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Big improvement for Farid this week.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Lago
18-09-2015, 12:22 PM
I somehow doubt it. Stubbs in his interview yesterday, talks about injuries and players coming back and mentions Fyvie, Eckersley and Keatings on the road to recovery. No mention of Farid or any others. Maybe an oversight though.
You have to wonder when or even if he will ever play for hibs again, if I remember correctly he was only due to have a small tidy up operation to bring him back to full fitness. That operation took place before the season started and he still has yet to play a competative game at any level.

JimBHibees
18-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Big improvement for Farid this week.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Good to hear about Farid. He deserves a break and hopefully he can get back in and around the squad soon.

J-C
18-09-2015, 03:06 PM
I knew i'd seen this somewhere, reported to have come back early from International duty but not sure why.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-coach-keen-to-get-henri-anier-up-to-speed-1-3881330

So he's had absolutely zero football since last season...he'll be ready around mid October then. :confused:

Tha Cabbage Kid
18-09-2015, 03:24 PM
even after the interview there is still no info as to when he will come back.

another two weeks then??

anon1875
18-09-2015, 03:44 PM
You don't pay someone off after they get a big injury playing for your club just because he's not playing. Listen to yourselfs ffs.

Jim44
18-09-2015, 04:14 PM
You don't pay someone off after they get a big injury playing for your club just because he's not playing. Listen to yourselfs ffs.

I think you're over-reacting a wee bit. Out of 49 posts in this thread, there is only a couple which refer to seeing the back of Farid. In fact most of the threads are quite sympathetic.