PDA

View Full Version : Final Whistle Behaviour

Green Diet
14-09-2015, 09:44 PM
What should we expect from our players once the final whistle is blown?

It has been commented in previous threads that Feruz and Malonga disappear down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans come the final whistle, while other players spend time clapping the fans.

If I was Leanne from a marketing/commercial stance, I would hope that the players spent a few precious seconds/minutes bonding with the customers, whether they wanted to or not.

I imagine from a players' perspective I would want to build a good rapport with the fans too and be liked.

From a fans' point of view, irrespective of the result/performance, I would expect the players to come over and give a thumbs-up and a clap.

Thoughts?

:flag::flag::flag:

MWHIBBIES
14-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Couldn't care less as long as we win.

Unseen work
14-09-2015, 10:03 PM
I think sometimes as fans were are critical of over analysing everything.

Players similar to fans play off there motions and the type of game etc it is.

Some players are grateful and understand a fans point of view and go clap them at every game.

Some players head straight down the tunnel, this could be for a number of reasons.

Feruz for example has had alot of comments about him this week about the car incident and then after the game some people judging him on 20 minutes saying they expected more and for him to have a massive impact like he is the messiah.

Perhaps feruz wasn't too happy with his performance as he wanted to come on and show everyone he was the real deal so when the whistle went he was disappointed and just went down the tunnel.

As long as they are playing well, getting victories and are respectful about the club I don't care if they clap.

Fans at the game will care about the club more than 99% of the squad, but I bet you every fans doesn't clap at the end of the game.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Marketing/Comnercial stance? A step too far if you ask me, I couldn't care less what they do.

iwasthere1972
14-09-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm normally off as soon as the final whistle goes so wouldn't know what happens. So long as we get three points that the main thing.

HappyAsHellas
14-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Whilst I admire much about the Bundeslegia (sp) I cannot stand how the players all run up to their fans at the end of every game, sometimes holding hands in a line and doing the German equivalent of a "ronny roar". It's orchestrated crap and means nothing to anyone with more than two correctly functioning brain cells. Someone wants to clap the fans, then fine, but it's also fine if they head off down the tunnel as far as I'm concerned.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2015, 10:49 PM
When we win, I like to see the likes of Fontaine and McGeouch go round the pitch and applaud the fans.

If we've lost, I couldn't care less what happens.

Boyle89
14-09-2015, 11:00 PM
I like it when they stay and appluad the fans. Makes it seem like they care more.
I liked how robertson always stayed on the pitch and applauded. He seemed to really care and sadly in most cases he was having to apologise for a pish team performance.

lord bunberry
14-09-2015, 11:02 PM
If the crowds drop any further they'll be able to come round and thank us personally.

mentalhibee
15-09-2015, 04:28 AM

Spot on!

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2015, 06:49 AM
To turn this around...

In the name of bonding should the fans roundly clap every performance whether they wish to abstain or not?

Brightside
15-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Half the stadium leaves with 5 mins to go anyway. I think we should clap them on their way. ;-)

Onion
15-09-2015, 07:13 AM
We need much more honesty in football, not less, so forcing the players to play up to the fans in some show of false loyalty/affection is cringeworthy. Would much sooner they concentrate on giving 100% and winning the game.

DH1875
15-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Dont know about all that but one idea I've had for a while is that any unused subs should go down to the FF lower for about 10 mins after the game and sign autographs, get pictures took with the kids and stuff.

ahibby
15-09-2015, 07:42 AM

It has been commented in previous threads that Feruz and Malonga disappear down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans come the final whistle, while other players spend time clapping the fans.

If I was Leanne from a marketing/commercial stance, I would hope that the players spent a few precious seconds/minutes bonding with the customers, whether they wanted to or not.

I imagine from a players' perspective I would want to build a good rapport with the fans too and be liked.

From a fans' point of view, irrespective of the result/performance, I would expect the players to come over and give a thumbs-up and a clap.

Thoughts?

On the other hand Malonga climbed in to the crowd in the East Stand at half time to allow a lot of kids to take selfies with him. Doesn't make him a bad person.

hibs0666
15-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Whilst I admire much about the Bundeslegia (sp) I cannot stand how the players all run up to their fans at the end of every game, sometimes holding hands in a line and doing the German equivalent of a "ronny roar". It's orchestrated crap and means nothing to anyone with more than two correctly functioning brain cells. Someone wants to clap the fans, then fine, but it's also fine if they head off down the tunnel as far as I'm concerned.

Couldn't disagree more.

s.a.m
15-09-2015, 07:53 AM
We need much more honesty in football, not less, so forcing the players to play up to the fans in some show of false loyalty/affection is cringeworthy. Would much sooner they concentrate on giving 100% and winning the game.

You could say that about any activity that's designed to raise support / profile / atmosphere / spirits, in any sphere of human endeavour, where it's lacking: it's all fake. It can have tangible results, though, which is why it's done. Perhaps, in our case, a wee bit less 'honesty', and a bit more 'let's get on with it, and try and make this more positive / fun', might improve things a bit. Would it hurt?

Fergos
15-09-2015, 08:00 AM
On the other hand Malonga climbed in to the crowd in the East Stand at half time to allow a lot of kids to take selfies with him. Doesn't make him a bad person.

Ah that's where he went...from my seat in the East I thought her been called in early to come on second half then he reappeared again!

Class act from big Dom!!!

GGTTH

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 08:23 AM

Thoughts?

He has played 20 mins for Hibs.

green&left
15-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Couldn't disagree more.

This.

Is it hell orchestrated crap, more a genuine appreciation for the effort and support the fans gave the team.

I was at Hertha Berlin v Leverkusen a few months back. It was a Tuesday night, about minus 3 degrees, Leverkusen fans had 1000km round trip and won the game 1-0 and moved towards a champions league spot. Hertha were rank rotten and slipped near the relegation zone. Every Bayer Leverkusen player, coaches, the whole bench was upto their fans at the end of the game high five'ing them, giving the fans their jerseys etc.

At the other end of the stadium the Herta captain appeared to make his players stand in front of the "Ostkurve" which was rammed with about 8000 fanatics and sit their, take the abuse and apologise to the fans.

Kojock
15-09-2015, 08:53 AM

Thoughts?

I think its disrespectful for fans to leave before the end of the performance. Everyone should be made to remain in their seat and applaud the team leaving the pitch regardless of the result. The players have done their best to put on a good show and we should at least acknowledge that fact. :wink:

Liam89
15-09-2015, 09:36 AM

Remember when Colin Calderwood tried to implement that? :hilarious

CockneyRebel
15-09-2015, 09:40 AM
If the crowds drop any further they'll be able to come round and thank us personally.

Boom boom!

JimBHibees
15-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Remember when Colin Calderwood tried to implement that? :hilarious

Aye it lasted one game. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Personally I like it when the players stay on for a wee bit to acknowledge the fans ... even if its just for turning up. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of bonding between us and them.

Jim44
15-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Personally I like it when the players stay on for a wee bit to acknowledge the fans ... even if its just for turning up. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of bonding between us and them.

It also gives the fans the opportunity to constructively boo a standing target, without the distraction and frustration of culprits running around pretending they don't hear you. :greengrin

HappyHanlon
15-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Half the stadium leaves with 5 mins to go anyway. I think we should clap them on their way. ;-)

I saw that happen once during the Butcher era - the person leaving then squared up to the guy and told him that he pays his money, he can leave when he wants

GreenOnions
15-09-2015, 10:59 AM
When I used to play competitive football I was so obsessed with winning that, if we had lost, I would be so angry I would have been completely unable to think about clapping the fans at the end of a game. I would have been straight back to the dressing room to have a rant at myself and everything.

Not sure whether or not that's a good attitude and possibly a little immature but I don't think I could have been accused of lacking commitment to the team.

It's probably good manners to clap the fans and it's nice to see but if the players have shown the right attitude on the pitch I'm not that bothered what they do at full-time.

Leith_Hibee
15-09-2015, 11:54 AM

we should sing "we can see you sneaking out". i sit near the stairs in the east and it hampers my viewing for the last few minutes...why is everyone in such a rush.

Leith_Hibee
15-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Home games couldn't care...I quite like it when we play away...recognition that we too have made an effort.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2015, 12:00 PM

That's where I am. I like it when the players acknowledge the fans, especially at away games.

Equally I wouldn't like to see it become a 'must do'. If players choose to come over and give us a wee clap then great, if big Dom wants to make sure he gets the hot water in the shower I'm equally fine with that.

allezsauzee
15-09-2015, 12:00 PM
we should sing "we can see you sneaking out". i sit near the stairs in the east and it hampers my viewing for the last few minutes...why is everyone in such a rush.

I find it quite bizarre that this happens even in close games, it's like going to the cinema and not bothering to watch the film ending.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 12:35 PM

This.

Me agreeing with you. Wow. :thumbsup:

Folk need to understand that Dom is just a bit laid back in how he does things, and if he wants to walk of the pitch at the FT whistle then i have no probs with that.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 12:37 PM

:tee hee:

Vini1875
15-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I prefer that the players who want to do clap the fans do, while those who are not into that don't. Players choice not orchestrated suits me.

Hibee87
15-09-2015, 01:51 PM
I think applauding should be brought into all walks of life. Tonight, when I finish my work, I want the bosses and people who pay my wages to up and clap. I will will return the gesture by walking towards them and clap at their encouagement

GreenLake
15-09-2015, 02:12 PM
This.

Is it hell orchestrated crap, more a genuine appreciation for the effort and support the fans gave the team.

I was at Hertha Berlin v Leverkusen a few months back. It was a Tuesday night, about minus 3 degrees, Leverkusen fans had 1000km round trip and won the game 1-0 and moved towards a champions league spot. Hertha were rank rotten and slipped near the relegation zone. Every Bayer Leverkusen player, coaches, the whole bench was upto their fans at the end of the game high five'ing them, giving the fans their jerseys etc.

At the other end of the stadium the Herta captain appeared to make his players stand in front of the "Ostkurve" which was rammed with about 8000 fanatics and sit their, take the abuse and apologise to the fans.

I am visiting Barcelona for the first time at the end of this month and they happen to be playing Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League.

Lago
15-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Based on the way some of them play they are as well up the tunnel

flash
15-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Based on the way some of them play they are as well up the tunnel

Who in particular?

bigwheel
15-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Who in particular?

I wouldn't give him fuel ...

15-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Nice gesture for the players to acknowledge the fans who've paid to come along and support them (especially away games) but tbh not overly fussed.

15-09-2015, 06:21 PM
I prefer that the players who want to do clap the fans do, while those who are not into that don't. Players choice not orchestrated suits me.

Exactly

Brooster
15-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Dont know about all that but one idea I've had for a while is that any unused subs should go down to the FF lower for about 10 mins after the game and sign autographs, get pictures took with the kids and stuff.

I dont agree with that. The unused subs should be in the dressing room with the others to listen to the team talk. I think its up to the players if they applaud the fans or not but I seem to appreciate the ones that do a bit more.

Alfred E Newman
15-09-2015, 07:56 PM
I will tell you now, if they get beat by Livi on Saturday there is no way I am clapping them off the park.

Glory Lurker
15-09-2015, 08:19 PM
I started watching football at the end of the 70s. Is it just me, or is the whole bit of acknowledging the crowd something that started about 20 years ago or so? I can't remember it being a thing at all in my younger years. I don't have a problem with it, just wondering.

Forza Fred
15-09-2015, 08:29 PM

:greengrin

This post made me explode with laughter, and brightened up a difficult day......:top marks

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2015, 08:32 PM
I started watching football at the end of the 70s. Is it just me, or is the whole bit of acknowledging the crowd something that started about 20 years ago or so? I can't remember it being a thing at all in my younger years. I don't have a problem with it, just wondering.

I started watching Liverpool in the 70's, we applauded every away keeper at the Kop end goal, applauded off lesser opposition teams who had given us a tough game and even applauded Arsenal when they nicked the league of us with a 2 nil win at Anfield in 89. The Liverpool players always acknowledged the crowd. Different times back then.

Glory Lurker
15-09-2015, 09:06 PM
I started watching Liverpool in the 70's, we applauded every away keeper at the Kop end goal, applauded off lesser opposition teams who had given us a tough game and even applauded Arsenal when they nicked the league of us with a 2 nil win at Anfield in 89. The Liverpool players always acknowledged the crowd. Different times back then.

Aye, I suppose that's true. My Dad used to applaud the other team scoring and I did it too for the first few years. Shocking behaviour! Pleased to say that the yams' Hibs-avoidance tactics of the late 70s/early 80s meant I was well and truly over being a good sport long before I saw them put one past us.

HoboHarry
16-09-2015, 02:38 AM
If they beat Rangers 6-0 the next time we play them they don't have to do any clapping at all at the end. They can come straight round to my house ........•Admin Edit•

hibbypostie
16-09-2015, 05:32 AM

Thoughts?

my thoughts on this are if that's all you have to moan about its been a pretty good day ~:aok: