PDA

View Full Version : Keatings

Zazu62
14-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Did he get injured on Saturday?

Thecat23
14-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Yeah hamstring went again. Looked devastated!

Argylehibby
Did he get injured on Saturday?

Yes, looked like he pulled his hamstring again.

GordonHFC
Yep.Tweeted earlier today he was going for a scan.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Looks like Dom in on Saturday, how far away are Anier and Riordan😀

B.H.F.C
14-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Yeah hamstring went again. Looked devastated!

Aye, his expression said to me that he knew it was a bad one. Hope not.

silverhibee
14-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Aye, his expression said to me that he knew it was a bad one. Hope not.

Think it was a bad one, not having much luck with injuries.

FranckSuzy
15-09-2015, 06:12 PM
He just tweeted this:

"Just want to make everyone aware that luckily I have only stretched the scar of a previous injury so will be sidelined short term".

"Very frustrating time for me but hopefully get the break I want and get back on the pitch and helping my team get back to where they belong."

Libby Hibby
15-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Shame for keatings, I like him and his style of play...loving the attitude also, it's clear to me the way the whole team celebrate the goals that they all feel the same way about putting Hibs back to where way belong

erin go bragh
16-09-2015, 10:18 AM
He just tweeted this:

"Just want to make everyone aware that luckily I have only stretched the scar of a previous injury so will be sidelined short term".

"Very frustrating time for me but hopefully get the break I want and get back on the pitch and helping my team get back to where they belong."
Thats better news than I expected .

GGTTH

Andy74
16-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Thats better news than I expected .

GGTTH

Yes and no, it is short term this time again but surely all that happens is that he can very easily stetch the existing scar tissue again at any point?

I don't think that goes away and players with hamstring issues tend to get them over and over again.

scoopyboy
16-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Yes and no, it is short term this time again but surely all that happens is that he can very easily stetch the existing scar tissue again at any point?

I don't think that goes away and players with hamstring issues tend to get them over and over again.

Did Giggs and Messi not have the same issue when they were younger, Giggs certainly did.

Have to agree though that it could well be a repeating scenario.

Newry Hibs
16-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Did Giggs and Messi not have the same issue when they were younger, Giggs certainly did.

Have to agree though that it could well be a repeating scenario.

Wasn't that usually just before International friendlies?

scoopyboy
16-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Wasn't that usually just before International friendlies?

I get your drift NH but I thought he missed a lot of Man Utd games as well as Wales fixtures.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Michael Owen too I believe.

jgl07
16-09-2015, 01:11 PM
I get your drift NH but I thought he missed a lot of Man Utd games as well as Wales fixtures.

Yes he only made 963 appearances for United. A real sick-note!

scoopyboy
16-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Yes he only made 963 appearances for United. A real sick-note!

Quite an amazing stat, so much so I went and probably read the same Wikipedia article that you did, I found the 963 appearances as you stated.

I did find the following further up the article

2005-2010
Giggs signed a two-year contract extension with United when chief executive David Gill relented on his normal policy of not signing players over 30 to contracts longer than one year. Giggs benefited from being largely injury-free aside from a series of hamstring problems.

Incredible to think that without the hamstring injuries he would have got over 1000 appearances.

The plus from this IMO is that although James Keatings has had a series of hamstring injuries it might not stop him from having a successful career.

Craig_HFC
16-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Quite an amazing stat, so much so I went and probably read the same Wikipedia article that you did, I found the 963 appearances as you stated.

I did find the following further up the article

2005-2010
Giggs signed a two-year contract extension with United when chief executive David Gill relented on his normal policy of not signing players over 30 to contracts longer than one year. Giggs benefited from being largely injury-free aside from a series of hamstring problems.

Incredible to think that without the hamstring injuries he would have got over 1000 appearances.

The plus from this IMO is that although James Keatings has had a series of hamstring injuries it might not stop him from having a successful career.

I bet Keatings won't **** his brother's Mrs, either.

scoopyboy
16-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I bet Keatings won't **** his brother's Mrs, either.

I wonder if that's what the issue was with Giggs' hamstring, right era. :greengrin

Eyrie
16-09-2015, 07:24 PM
I wonder if that's what the issue was with Giggs' hamstring, right era. :greengrin

:not worth

Story I heard was that Giggs' hamstring problem was eventually traced to the car he was driving at the time - a Ferrari or similar. Don't know if it's true though.

Kaff
16-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Story I heard was that Giggs' hamstring problem was eventually traced to the car he was driving at the time - a Ferrari or similar. Don't know if it's true though.
Don't know the type of car but I believe he took on his own personal physio and they decided a lot of the problems were the distance/time he was driving so he moved closer to the training ground to cut out a lot of it.

Peevemor
16-09-2015, 07:57 PM
I know that when I drive Madame Peeve's car for maybe an hour or more, I get a sore knee as I seem to be twisting it in some way - though I'm not suggesting that I have the physique of a professional sportsman (unless you count certain 1970s/80s darts players).

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-09-2015, 08:58 PM
He also took up yoga instead of any gym work and in training never ran 100%. Only ever ran at 85% of his max speed.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

Mark79
16-09-2015, 09:28 PM

I get same problem with my lamborghini. Could be something in this. What car is keatings driving?

silverhibee
16-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I get same problem with my lamborghini. Could be something in this. What car is keatings driving?

He just bought a cheap Porsche. :wink::greengrin

Eyrie
16-09-2015, 09:58 PM
He just bought a cheap Porsche. :wink::greengrin

Now who would have to sell a Porsche in a hurry, and why? :dunno: