PDA

View Full Version : who's lying?

Big L
14-09-2015, 09:27 AM
King says they were approached by Hibs asking them to put in an offer for SA, Hibs say he's lying! King needs to name the Hibs person he says approached them, or admit he's a LIAR!!

Thecat23
14-09-2015, 09:31 AM
I think it's clear who's lying considering King is a crook!

Mr White
14-09-2015, 09:32 AM
I don't think it does hibs any favours to get into an extended public spat with him or anyone else at that rancid club. The media will always favour their side. We came out of the transfer window with some very good business done all things considered. Best to ignore them imo, they're just trying to get a reaction.

hibeemikey21
14-09-2015, 09:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth to what King is saying, i.e.:

Hibs find out indirectly that there is interest from Rangers (maybe when talking to Allan's agent about an extension for example). Hibs then approach rangers to lay their cards on the table in order to get moving on the matter. Who knows, it might be £1 mil +? Rangers show their hand and it's derisory. Hibs then make it clear that the clubs are never going to reach a deal, given each team's respective valuations.

I think that is feasible.

monarch
14-09-2015, 09:40 AM
King says they were approached by Hibs asking them to put in an offer for SA, Hibs say he's lying! King needs to name the Hibs person he says approached them, or admit he's a LIAR!!

I thought Leeann put this one to bed by saying King's version of events "was not correct". Given the South African judiciary's opinion of him ("glib and shameless liar") I don't think there's any doubt as to who was the stranger to the truth in this issue.

Bostonhibby
14-09-2015, 09:41 AM
A senior South African judge described one of them as a "glib and shameless liar" so he kind of starts this one off with a bit of a handicap in some people's eyes.

Jim44
14-09-2015, 09:43 AM

I thought that Dempster's rebuttal was the end of the matter. Has it reared it's ugly head again? To keep the issue live is a bit pointless, The Huns will believe every word the liar says, no matter how much we challenge him. We know the truth and to be honest, nobody else outwith the two clubs gives a toss. It's hardly worth the nervous energy getting your knickers in a twist over the utterings of a serial liar.

Kojock
14-09-2015, 09:43 AM

Q - How do you know the is lying ?
A - Easy, his lips are moving.

Having already been labelled as a glib and shameless liar I know which one my moneys on.

portyhibernian
14-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Are the lies are most likely emanating from the camp that were shameless in their pursuit of our best player and were hell bent on dragging out that saga for as long as possible with derisory bids to cause maximum damage to our team? Most probably yes.

EH6 Hibby
14-09-2015, 09:51 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth to what King is saying, i.e.:

Hibs find out indirectly that there is interest from Rangers (maybe when talking to Allan's agent about an extension for example). Hibs then approach rangers to lay their cards on the table in order to get moving on the matter. Who knows, it might be £1 mil +? Rangers show their hand and it's derisory. Hibs then make it clear that the clubs are never going to reach a deal, given each team's respective valuations.

Why would Hibs put out several statements attacking The Rangers for their unwelcome offers if they had initiated them?

Jim44
14-09-2015, 09:52 AM

I choose to believe LD. Even if your hypothesis had some element of truth, so what? Do we send an apology to Sevco? To raise this issue and keep it alive probably suits the liar's agenda.

Just Alf
14-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Why would Hibs put out several statements attacking The Rangers for their unwelcome offers if they had initiated them?

Like this you mean?

“Scott Allan is one of Scotland’s best midfield talents and last season’s Championship player of the year, and any approaches for him are unwelcome.”

Leeann Dempster: 23/07/15

Interestingly, I've noticed the Rangers Official site has removed their news items re SA ... wonder why?

Bostonhibby
14-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Like this you mean?

“Scott Allan is one of Scotland’s best midfield talents and last season’s Championship player of the year, and any approaches for him are unwelcome.”

Leeann Dempster: 23/07/15

Interestingly, I've noticed the Rangers Official site has removed their news items re SA ... wonder why?

Because they were glibly and shamelessly lying?

FranckSuzy
14-09-2015, 10:02 AM

Exactly.

CentreLine
14-09-2015, 10:09 AM
king says they were approached by hibs asking them to put in an offer for sa, hibs say he's lying! King needs to name the hibs person he says approached them, or admit he's a liar!!

lthf 😛

Just Alf
14-09-2015, 10:14 AM
[/B] Because they were glibly and shamelessly lying?

Hmmm.... I wonder?

They'd have to find an acknowledged and legally proven "Glib and Shameless Liar" though.... oh wait! :cb

Thecat23
14-09-2015, 10:14 AM

I don't believe for one min Hibs would approach The Rangers. Hibs made it clear they wouldn't sell Allan to a team in direct competition for the league. They stuck to their word so for me King is talking Lillian Gish.

Turkish Green
14-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Why would anyone accept the word of a glib and shameless liar as proven in a court of law. Whatever he says will be lapped up by the fawning press but I prefer to believe Leeann.

MB62
14-09-2015, 10:31 AM
I don't believe for one min Hibs would approach The Rangers. Hibs made it clear they wouldn't sell Allan to a team in direct competition for the league. They stuck to their word so for me King is talking Lillian Gish.

:agree:

The scenario King is talking about just doesn't make sense.

Hibs said S.A. was not for sale to our main championship rivals so why would we then contact them to ask them to put in a bid for him.

Hibs: Scott Allan is not for sale to The rangers

Hibs: Hi, it's L.D. here, fancy putting in a bid for S.A.

T.R. Eh! aye ok, how about £50,000

H: Naw, we just told you, he's not for sale to you!

T.R. Aye, but you asked us to put in a bid, how about £100,000 then

H: Naw, how many times do we have to tell you, he's not for sale to you!

T.R. So why did you ask us to put in a bid for him? Ok £150,000 but we will need to spread payment over the next 10 years.

H: Are you deaf or just mental? we are not selling him to you under any price. Who from Hibs asked you to put in a bid?

T.R. Eh, don't know, but the cleaner answered the phone from somebody when it rang in my office and I wasn't in. When I came back she said Hibs had been on the phone and we should put in a bid for S.A.

H: F*** O** and stop pestering us.

Bostonhibby
14-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Is king also a stalker with an unhealthy interest in Hibernian?
Wondering if he has a room with no windows and all the walls covered in hibs pictures.

Peevemor
14-09-2015, 11:18 AM
No one person at Hibs will make decisions on transfers. If King or somebody else sounded out either Stubbs or one of the board about the availability of Scott Allan, the only correct response would be to invite a formal offer which would then be considered by the board or whatever goup of people decide such things.

This could be the invitiation that King is talking about, which doesn't mean it was instigated by Hibs.

Bad Martini
14-09-2015, 11:19 AM
I canny see anyone east of Govan giving a flying **** of what King says.

Meantime, they didny get Allan in the end and looked like the skint bawbags they really are.

Everyone (except the follow followers) knows this.

All they succeeded in doing was making themselves look even more dementedly stupid, ugly, inane and unclassy than previously (and that was some achievement given their starting point).

Are. Erses. They. <<< Re-arrange.

ENDOF :agree:

high bee
14-09-2015, 11:29 AM
I seem to remember Sevco being outraged that we outlined the details of their derisory bid, yet they didn't think to mention that we approached them first. That would've been a good time to mention it seeing as they were being made to look like a skint desperate shadow of the old club.

Thanking Celtic for buying him and then coming out with the claim we approached them is a desperate attempt to deflect from talks of their financial position and get the media talking about something else and predictably it worked.

givescotlandfreedom
14-09-2015, 11:54 AM
A senior South African judge described one of them as a "glib and shameless liar" so he kind of starts this one off with a bit of a handicap in some people's eyes.

:thumbsup::agree:

Jim44
14-09-2015, 12:01 PM
:thumbsup::agree:

............ and don't forget that the SFA welcome 'glib and shameless liars' running their member clubs. By expediency, they have implicated themselves in the lies that drift out of Ibrox.

greenginger
14-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Lets get the full quote rolled out.

https://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/tag/glib-and-shameless-liar/

" he ( King ) is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on ANY issue unless supported by documents and other objective evidence "

The guy can't help himself, he's a compulsive liar, of course the Weegie press give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bostonhibby
14-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Any news on the £30m, £20m, £10m, over investment?

Could be they are having difficulty getting access to somebody else's money this time around?

Moulin Yarns
14-09-2015, 12:14 PM
As I posted on the Rangers thread on the main board, King was in South Africa when the Scott Allan saga was unfolding, there is no way he knows what was said other than second or third hand from his lackeys. Unless they were recording the conversations (illegally)

Smartie
14-09-2015, 12:19 PM
I don't think that this idiot's rantings should be given the slightest bit of notice by any of us.

The matter is closed.

high bee
14-09-2015, 12:21 PM
I don't think that this idiot's rantings should be given the slightest bit of notice by any of us.

The matter is closed.

It was merely a distraction technique because something I happening behind closed doors or he was uncomfortable with the questions.

Like I say why wouldn't they mention this when we publicly slated their offer.

Hibs History
14-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Tonight on a very short episode of Columbo......

Franck Stanton
14-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Surprised the op even had to ask the question.

GreenArmy1875
14-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Could it be....

The Rangers been sniffing around Scott Allan contacting agent, getting his pals to ask, spreading rumours etc. Hibs get a whiff of it and say to The Rangers if you are wanting him make us an offer that we can't refuse and get this out the way.

Hibs then reject it with a statement which pleases Hibs fans

Deansy
14-09-2015, 02:29 PM
I think the fact that the SMSM have already let it drop says it all. Even those bent, corrupt lying-s*um KNOW there's no truth in it at all and would look even more bent, biased and corrupt if they pursued it !!

Jim44
14-09-2015, 02:44 PM
I think the fact that the SMSM have already let it drop says it all. Even those bent, corrupt lying-s*um KNOW there's no truth in it at all and would look even more bent, biased and corrupt if they pursued it !!

I wouldn't take it as read that the Hun supporters will think King is lying. In their eyes, the turn around in their on field fortunes has been so dramatic, that I think King could do or say anything he wanted and they would lap it up like drooling puppy dogs.

JimBHibees
14-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Could it be....

The Rangers been sniffing around Scott Allan contacting agent, getting his pals to ask, spreading rumours etc. Hibs get a whiff of it and say to The Rangers if you are wanting him make us an offer that we can't refuse and get this out the way.

Likely something along the lines of we know your interested Paul Murray clearly mentioned it, we know you have tapped him up is there any chance of you putting a bid in rather than trying to unsettle our player.

EskbankHibby
14-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Likely something along the lines of we know your interested Paul Murray clearly mentioned it, we know you have tapped him up is there any chance of you putting a bid in rather than trying to unsettle our player.

This is where King contradicted himself originally.

He said Hibs initiated the contact but that was after Murray had said Rangers were interested in SA, eeeehhhhmmmmm that will be The Rangers initiating the contact and manipulating the situation then Mr King.

A slavering fool trying to save face by pandering to the masses after Celtic gazumped them.

Mr White
14-09-2015, 03:15 PM
This is where King contradicted himself originally.

He said Hibs initiated the contact but that was after Murray had said Rangers were interested in SA, eeeehhhhmmmmm that will be The Rangers initiating the contact and manipulating the situation then Mr King.

A slavering fool trying to save face by pandering to the masses after Celtic gazumped them.

:agree: You've got to be smart to get away with being a lying *******. King only ticks one of those boxes.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-09-2015, 04:15 PM
:agree:

The scenario King is talking about just doesn't make sense.

Hibs said S.A. was not for sale to our main championship rivals so why would we then contact them to ask them to put in a bid for him.

That's the crux of the matter. As soon as we made that statement Sevco officials would have countered with the "Hibs approached us" old poppy.

But no, The Lyar King wait's until he loses out to the smellies and is rightly denounced for the sour grapes it clearly is.

Poor, unsophisticated trawling at best.

PatHead
14-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Just like how he is justifying a small squad as great to work with and all we need to get out this division.

Nothing to do with no friggin money.

Billychaotic182
14-09-2015, 04:49 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8Gv2G2gHM

allezsauzee
14-09-2015, 05:27 PM
you would think he could have thought up a lie that made a modicum of sense. the man is clearly an imbecile as well as being dishonest.

Vini1875
14-09-2015, 05:52 PM
If Hibs had made the intial contact and then said he is not for sale to rangers, rangers would have used all their media contacts to put the story out that Hibs had made contact with them. King is a liar, a known liar, a proven liar, how any Hibs supporter can think that his side of this has any merit is beyond me.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't believe this question even needs to be asked to be honest.

Dave King is a lying toad who wouldn't know what the truth was if it came up and slapped him in the face.

There's not a chance that Hibs offered to sell Scott Allan to Sevco.

Kato
14-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Could it be....

So are you saying Hibs made first contact and that the glib and shameless liar isn't a glib and shameless liar in this case?

GreenArmy1875
14-09-2015, 06:25 PM
So are you saying Hibs made first contact and that the glib and shameless liar isn't a glib and shameless liar in this case?

It's just a guess. It could be that Rangers unsettled Scott Allan in the back ground saying they are going to put a bid in ,talking about it in the media or making enquiries to his agent. Hibs get annoyed and contact Rangers saying what's this all about? Put a bid in if you're serious instead of unsettling our player but it will be rejected.

Rangers are sly and devious.

Kato
14-09-2015, 06:58 PM
It's just a guess. It could be that Rangers unsettled Scott Allan in the back ground saying they are going to put a bid in ,talking about it in the media or making enquiries to his agent. Hibs get annoyed and contact Rangers saying what's this all about? Put a bid in if you're serious instead of unsettling our player but it will be rejected.

Rangers are sly and devious.

That still means Hibs contacted Rangers first and that's not what Hibs are saying now.

CentreLine
14-09-2015, 07:13 PM
I am happy to be corrected but I am not convinced that the OP has not been indulging in a bit of mischief making. This is a dead story and it is only mildly in the interests of our main competitor for this league that it is dredged up again. Hibernian FC have made it very clear that DK's version of events is not truthful.
I would like to see the admin simply close this thread

Jim44
14-09-2015, 07:27 PM
I am happy to be corrected but I am not convinced that the OP has not been indulging in a bit of mischief making. This is a dead story and it is only mildly in the interests of our main competitor for this league that it is dredged up again. Hibernian FC have made it very clear that DK's version of events is not truthful.

I think you might be correct. I posted early in the thread that I thought the issue was dead and wondered why someone would raise it all over again. I didn't go as far as accusing the OP like you but I was suspicious. If the OP is offende at this, I think he has to agree that there is no reason why Hibs should keep the issue alive and play into the Lying King's hands.

jdships
14-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Could it be....

Spoke with my friend who is on the Developement team backroom staff avbout thisand he tells me what he knows which is almost exactly what you have said
At a H V R game the remark was passed about what a cracking player Scott Allan was and in the ensuing chat it was said , tongue in cheek, " if you fancy him that much put in a bid "
Sounds pretty plausible to me and as they say " the rest is history " :flag:

Big L
14-09-2015, 09:55 PM
The O.P. I got a bit annoyed when I read Kings piece thanking Celtic for weakening our team and as far as I'm concerned we should be taking the opportunity to put King in his place, slap the git down! Hibs do that by simply asking him to name the person, confront him in the media, show him to be the liar he obviously is, make him think twice before he trys this s--t again!

greenginger
14-09-2015, 10:07 PM
The O.P. I got a bit annoyed when I read Kings piece thanking Celtic for weakening our team and as far as I'm concerned we should be taking the opportunity to put King in his place, slap the git down! Hibs do that by simply asking him to name the person, confront him in the media, show him to be the liar he obviously is, make him think twice before he trys this s--t again!

See Scott Allan is injured at Celtic.

Might have been out of our team too. Instead we got Henderson and McGeough and the cash to fund 2 or 3 additions to the squad .

Thanks Mr King ! :greengrin The bigger squad might just count at the end of the season. Win, win for Sevco , maybe not.

Big L
14-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Let me correct you! "Mischief making" I think not, and this story is dead only if we let it die, unfortunately thats what people like King rely on. If King is lying, ,and we all presume he is, then he needs to be asked to name the Hibs person he has referred to, I want him to put up or shut up and perhaps he will think twice before he decides to demean our club in future.

Kato
15-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Let me correct you! "Mischief making" I think not, and this story is dead only if we let it die, unfortunately thats what people like King rely on. If King is lying, ,and we all presume he is, then he needs to be asked to name the Hibs person he has referred to, I want him to put up or shut up and perhaps he will think twice before he decides to demean our club in future.

Do you reckon he reads hibs.net?

CentreLine
15-09-2015, 05:46 AM

I reserve my opinion. The case was closed with Hibs' response. Your digging it up leaves me suspicious of your allegiance so I butt out of this thread which is already too long

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2015, 08:33 AM

What is the point in keeping it going? It's one person's word against another, so unlikely to be proven beyond doubt, either way.

Jim44
15-09-2015, 08:48 AM
What is the point in keeping it going? It's one person's word against another, so unlikely to be proven beyond doubt, either way.

It's only alive because it's being discussed here. I'm sure it's closed as far as our board and management is concerned. Remember, LD had the last word on the matter.

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2015, 08:53 AM
It's only alive because it's being discussed here. I'm sure it's closed as far as our board and management is concerned. Remember, LD had the last word on the matter.

Agreed.

So... you hang up first?

:greengrin

GreenOnions
15-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hard-hearted *******. Nae romance....

:greengrin

Big L
15-09-2015, 09:16 AM
I reserve my opinion. The case was closed with Hibs' response. Your digging it up leaves me suspicious of your allegiance so I butt out of this thread which is already too long

What an idiotic response! I've followed Hibs for over 60Yrs and I take exception to a keyboard warrior questioning my allegiance! If you don't want to partake in the thread then don't, let others who see the seriousness of the king lies have their say. Perhaps your a sevco fan and thats why you want the thread closed!

GreenOnions
15-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Disconnected 'phones haven't even made that noise for at least a decade :-/