PDA

View Full Version : 7,774

Green Diet
14-09-2015, 12:23 AM
That was the number of people through the turnstiles on Saturday versus Alloa. For all the positiveness surrounding the club, the number and quality of signings and the ambition of Leanne and the Club, attendances in my opinion have been poor. When compared to last season they are well down too.

So far this season [only home games used]:

v Raith = 8,484

v Morton = 8,923

v Stranraer = 5,224

v Montrose = 5,933

v Rangers = 11,225

In 2014/15 some attendances for comparison:

v Raith = 9,954

v Alloa = 8,328

Thoughts?

hibee-boys
14-09-2015, 01:31 AM
My thoughts are that there are less hibs fans are turning up this season.

Centre Hawf
14-09-2015, 02:53 AM
I think there is no denying the fact that because we didn't go up last season there will be some people who feel deflated. It's a results industry and we didn't get enough of the right ones last season compared to Hearts. It's just the way it goes. However if we can start to put a run together and keep on the coat tails of Rangers people will come back, I'm sure of that.

There is no immediate solution. The ticket prices are what they, are to fund the players we have, to chase the goal we've got. All we need to do is win games.

CentreLine
14-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Are we, the fans, forgetting we are in a title race with The Rangers? That's all that really matters and WHEN we start to push them I think the penny will drop and fans will return to support that push. All this talk about pricing too high for playing teams like Alloa etc etc is irrelevant. Our opposition every week is The Rangers and that needs to be a firm focus for all of our fans IMHO

Ringothedog
14-09-2015, 06:10 AM
That was the number of people through the turnstiles on Saturday versus Alloa. For all the positiveness surrounding the club, the number and quality of signings and the ambition of Leanne and the Club, attendances in my opinion have been poor. When compared to last season they are well down too.

v Raith = 8,484

v Morton = 8,923

v Stranraer = 5,224

v Montrose = 5,933

v Rangers = 11,225

v Raith = 9,954

v Alloa = 8,328

Thoughts?
So for league games we averaging around 8200, with an average of about 250 away fans

For cup games around 7400 with an average of about 1400 away fans

The crowds are down but get on a wee run and they will increase.over the season our target should be for an average of about 10000.

stevie-bee
14-09-2015, 06:15 AM
I don't think so around me there are 4 people not renewed ,
I think people have got other thing to spend money on lost interest.

Since1875Hibs
14-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Keep winning like we did on Sat and more fans will start coming back. Simple.

J-C
14-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Another year in the championship will not bring back the missing fans, especially with another not very good start, we're already playing catchup and the play offs are looking likely again. We need to go on a long unbeaten run, that's an unbeaten winning run with no draws, then a good few might come back.

SeanWilson
14-09-2015, 07:21 AM
It ain't rocket science.... We're currently a team who are yet to show consistent top performance (or even just winning regularly) in the championship.... Go on a run now and people will return. I think Aberdeen have given a great visual of what can happen over the course of a few good seasons... Wasn't long ago they couldn't pay fans to turn up and they were filled to the rafters on Saturday.

lord bunberry
14-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I would say we're down to the hardcore now and I don't see it improving significantly for a couple of months yet. If we win every league game between now and the Rangers game at the start of November then we will get a big crowd for that one. There's been to many false dawns for a lot fans and as a result they've given up.

jdships
14-09-2015, 08:13 AM
I would say we're down to the hardcore now and I don't see it improving significantly for a couple of months yet. If we win every league game between now and the Rangers game at the start of November then we will get a big crowd for that one. There's been to many false dawns for a lot fans and as a result they've given up.

Two excellent ponts you make - agree 100%!!
Allied to that £22.00 for a game against Alloa certainly doesn't encourage waverers to attend.
Unfortunately this season my health has meant only one visit but many friends of my age 70/80 are looking for proof we are on the up before taking the long walk up St Clair :greengrin:wink:

:flag:

Torto7062
14-09-2015, 08:18 AM
So for league games we averaging around 8200, with an average of about 250 away fans

For cup games around 7400 with an average of about 1400 away fans

The crowds are down but get on a wee run and they will increase.over the season our target should be for an average of about 10000.

70 odd Alloa fans this week 🙈🙈

HiBremian
14-09-2015, 08:33 AM

:agree: A winning league run, yes. I wonder what the cup tie against the sheep might do. A win should make more people sit up, but if we perform well and lose?

Mikey09
14-09-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm gonna look at it in a positive light... Well done to everyone who has bought season tickets. You all deserve a medal and are the hardcore of this club. I get there when I can due to work. I don't care if we're playing Alloa or Aberdeen, if I can get there I'll be there. Aberdeen are flying just now, will bring a huge support and give it large about how well they're doing. Quite rightly so! If you can get along to that game please do... I have a feeling it's gonna be a belter and will encourage more fans back. Stubbs and Dempster deserve our support.

PatHead
14-09-2015, 08:44 AM
It seems to be ignored that we have won our home league games 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0 this season. Last season we dropped stupid points in these sort of games. The performances against Raith (2nd half) and on Saturday were very good with better still to come.

If winning our home games without conceding a goal doesn't make folk feel a bit better about going to Easter Road then I don't know what else we can do.

Maybe a couple of away wins?

SlickShoes
14-09-2015, 08:58 AM
It seems to be ignored that we have won our home league games 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0 this season. Last season we dropped stupid points in these sort of games. The performances against Raith (2nd half) and on Saturday were very good with better still to come.

If winning our home games without conceding a goal doesn't make folk feel a bit better about going to Easter Road then I don't know what else we can do.

Three wins coupled with 1-0 loss to rangers, 6-2 loss to rangers and 2-1 loss to dumbarton. Don't underestimate how much that start to the season deflated people, there was a good buzz up until that happened.

I simply can't afford to attend games at the moment, once I can I will be back. Other fans will come back once we have won more games, you can't expect 3 wins to change everyones minds when we have also lost 3 games whether they were in the league or not.

SirPsychoHibee
14-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Are we, the fans, forgetting we are in a title race with The Rangers? That's all that really matters and WHEN we start to push them I think the penny will drop and fans will return to support that push. All this talk about pricing too high for playing teams like Alloa etc etc is irrelevant. Our opposition every week is The Rangers and that needs to be a firm focus for all of our fans IMHO

I disagree about the pricing being irrelevant. Some top tier teams, including Hearts, charge less than we do. With the exception of the games against The Rangers, £22 is too high to watch the teams we're up against in this league.

I'd say knock a fiver off the majority of the games and we'd start to see crowds rising. A fiver off and a long unbeaten run would be even better.

marinello59
14-09-2015, 09:09 AM
I disagree about the pricing being irrelevant. Some top tier teams, including Hearts, charge less than we do. With the exception of the games against The Rangers, £22 is too high to watch the teams we're up against in this league.

I'd say knock a fiver off the majority of the games and we'd start to see crowds rising. A fiver off and a long unbeaten run would be even better.

We are primarily paying to watch Hibs though aren't we? Knock a fiver off across the board and we will be paying to watch a Hibs team of a much lesser standard.

steviehibsleith
14-09-2015, 09:14 AM
£22 to watch Hibs v Alloa in a league fixture and 7744 turn up.
Insane pricing but we will be told nothing can be done because of what we charged season ticket holders.

Ozyhibby
14-09-2015, 09:16 AM
I was at Musselburgh races for a 60th on Saturday, so I was not at the match. There were 9 season ticket holders in my group who were obviously also not there. Add to that my wee boy who could not go without me, that makes 10 just in our crowd.
Decent crowd at the races so I expect there were a good few other Hibs fans there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
14-09-2015, 09:20 AM

We can still do a lot more.

The 3 league games have delivered what is the minimum requirement IMO. It'll need to happen over a sustained period of time for people who are currently staying away to be even tempted to come back.

MB62
14-09-2015, 09:35 AM
I was at Musselburgh races for a 60th on Saturday, so I was not at the match. There were 9 season ticket holders in my group who were obviously also not there. Add to that my wee boy who could not go without me, that makes 10 just in our crowd.
Decent crowd at the races so I expect there were a good few other Hibs fans there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nephew and a few of his mates were also at the racing rather than going to E.R.
It might have been an idea to apply to move the game to the Sunday.

SirPsychoHibee
14-09-2015, 09:38 AM
We are primarily paying to watch Hibs though aren't we? Knock a fiver off across the board and we will be paying to watch a Hibs team of a much lesser standard.

Knocking a fiver off across the board could be risky if it backfires and the crowds don't improve. But if it worked and we started getting a few thousand extra at these games it would bring in more money in the long run meaning the standard of the team wouldn't be affected.

J-C
14-09-2015, 09:40 AM
:agree: A winning league run, yes. I wonder what the cup tie against the sheep might do. A win should make more people sit up, but if we perform well and lose?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves re Aberdeen, they are well ahead of us and will be favourites, the most we can ask for is to be competitive in all areas and with a bit of luck we may get a win, last thing we need to be doing is get all excited about beating them only to be let down at full time.

HiBremian
14-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves re Aberdeen, they are well ahead of us and will be favourites, the most we can ask for is to be competitive in all areas and with a bit of luck we may get a win, last thing we need to be doing is get all excited about beating them only to be let down at full time.

I'm expecting a "perform well and lose" ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J-C
14-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Looking on Hibs site, it looks like a child price is £12 per game unless it's a Hibs kids day, is this right? and if so far too expensive if you add the adult price as well £34 for a parent and child.

If these prices are correct, would it not be a good idea to do a dual package...adult+child for just £25, a saving of £9 per game.

monarch
14-09-2015, 10:03 AM

That extra fiver might have funded John McGinn's development fee paid to St Mirren. If we want PL standard players then we have to pay accordingly.
Another issue which irks me is that I know a "supporter" who criticises the board for not spending enough money but who refuses to attend a match unless he can cadge a season ticket off a holder who can't attend.

Kojock
14-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Nephew and a few of his mates were also at the racing rather than going to E.R.
It might have been an idea to apply to move the game to the Sunday.

Are you being serious or at the wind up here. :confused:

The vast majority of supporters want a 3pm Saturday kick off time, look at the uproar on here when KO times are changed for TV. Now you want the game on a Sunday cause a few guys would rather go to the races than watch Hibs.

Kojock
14-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Knocking a fiver off across the board could be risky if it backfires and the crowds don't improve. But if it worked and we started getting a few thousand extra at these games it would bring in more money in the long run meaning the standard of the team wouldn't be affected.

I posted this on the Ticket Price thread.

For arguments sake lets say we have 5000 adults paying £22 that's an income of £110,000
If we reduce the cost to £15 as many on here suggest that would amount to £75,000 a loss of £35,000 per game
To make up that loss we would require another 2,333 full paying adults per game just to attain the £22 per ticket income level.

Crowds might improve but IMO not to the level required to prevent us losing money.

MB62
14-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Are you being serious or at the wind up here. :confused:

The vast majority of supporters want a 3pm Saturday kick off time, look at the uproar on here when KO times are changed for TV. Now you want the game on a Sunday cause a few guys would rather go to the races than watch Hibs.

Personally, No I don't, because I am a Saturday @ 3.00pm man as it allows me to go to the pub after and have a good few beers without having to worry about getting up for work and driving next day. However the subject here is about low attendances and moving the game to the Sunday might just have added a few hundred more?

Ultimately though, IMO, these low attendances are caused by many years of under performing of Hibs team under the stewardship of R.P. and his many managers. Folk are quick to walk away and once they do, it takes a lot longer to win them back.

Turkish Green
14-09-2015, 10:15 AM
v Rangers = 11,225

That attendance about sums it up for me. If we cannot fill ER against them then what does the future bring. leeann and AS have tried to compile a decent squad to achieve promotion but maybe it is a touch of once gone never to return.

Kojock
14-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Personally, No I don't, because I am a Saturday @ 3.00pm man as it allows me to go to the pub after and have a good few beers without having to worry about getting up for work and driving next day. However the subject here is about low attendances and moving the game to the Sunday might just have added a few hundred more?

Ultimately though, IMO, these low attendances are caused by many years of under performing of Hibs team under the stewardship of R.P. and his many managers. Folk are quick to walk away and once they do, it takes a lot longer to win them back.

IMO the extra few hundred that might have attended on the Sunday would have been negated by the Saturday fans who couldn't attend the Sunday, swings and round-a-bouts as they say.

Totally agree with your second point there.

SirPsychoHibee
14-09-2015, 10:31 AM
That attendance about sums it up for me. If we cannot fill ER against them then what does the future bring. leeann and AS have tried to compile a decent squad to achieve promotion but maybe it is a touch of once gone never to return.

Factoring in that it was 'only' the Petrofac and was in July as well I think 11,225 was a fairly reasonable turnout. A good run between now and 1st November should get us a pretty healthy crowd for the league game against them.

iwasthere1972
14-09-2015, 11:02 AM

That really would devalue a season ticket if a £17 charge was introduced .

Personally I wouldn't mind despite having a season ticket but it may deter folk from buying one in the future. Something has to be done to get more fans in and improve the atmosphere which is like playing a friendly most home games.

Bad Martini
14-09-2015, 11:07 AM
I think the point has been made in different ways but to me this is really very simple; lots of people are still VERY pissed off. In their heart of hearts, they wont stay away. No danger. Some people are pissed off and probably need a couple more games to prove a change is indeed taking place and you can then get to the others who are probably even now sparking up a line of optimisim after three home wins....but, we are all different.

What I dont think anyone disagrees on is progress IS being made. For some, its too slow. For others its about right and getting there and for some, its bang on and they're already heading back. Folk will return at different times and rates but it will take more than three good wins, on the back of 3 really bad years previously, each worse than the last (especially when we consider the kick in the baws syndrome, despite how close we went in the playoffs...a loss and another season in this ****ing league is just that...)

Keep the faith. We aren't THAT hard to please as a fitba lot. A few wins and we'll all be shouting and balling about something other than attendence, with a stadium half full of fitba experts, all eagle eyedly watching from the stands to cast their emparted genius on this very board :greengrin

GGTTH YA BASS

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Win games consistently and improve ticket pricing.

gegs70
14-09-2015, 11:34 AM
I think ticket costs, the poor start to the season has not helped. But what can we do...

archiebald
14-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I think ticket costs, the poor start to the season has not helped. But what can we do...

Buy season ticket + ctu .....scored already

high bee
14-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Last year was year one in the championship which makes a difference no matter how much we are going in the right direction this year.

Last year it was always going to be exciting as we fought Sevco for 2nd after the tarts got off to a good start. There was excitement all year in this tustle.

This year Sevco have got off to a good start and we have dropped silly points, people are looking at it like Hertz last year and understandably some are already accepting that we will be 2nd so in their minds there isn't much to play for or to get excited about. Crowds will undoubtedly pick up should we win all our games up to and including the next Sevco game as we will be at worst 3 points behind and all of a sudden there's something to get excited about.

If the unthinkable happens and we spend a 3rd year down here then expect many 7k crowds unless we start battering teams by 4 or 5 and we would have to lower ticket prices regardless of our ambition. It would only be for that year anyway (hopefully) and without it I think there would be a lot of stay aways.

CockneyRebel
14-09-2015, 12:13 PM

Spot on.

high bee
14-09-2015, 12:18 PM
If I had one suggestion it would be to give a small discount if you pay in advance. I have missed 2 games so far because I've left it late to buy (because I know I can buy anytime and print at home) and ended up having my plans changed.

If I had bought a ticket then I would have gone regardless and if it had been say £19/£20 if you buy early then I would've done it purely because I would now have a reason not to wait.

I'm sure there are lots of walk ups that end up doing something else because they can't be bothered on the day, get asked to do something else, the weather is crap etc. all reasons that would only stop you attending if you hadn't already shelled out your cash.

PatHead
14-09-2015, 12:37 PM
If I had one suggestion it would be to give a small discount if you pay in advance. I have missed 2 games so far because I've left it late to buy (because I know I can buy anytime and print at home) and ended up having my plans changed.

If I had bought a ticket then I would have gone regardless and if it had been say £19/£20 if you buy early then I would've done it purely because I would now have a reason not to wait.

I'm sure there are lots of walk ups that end up doing something else because they can't be bothered on the day, get asked to do something else, the weather is crap etc. all reasons that would only stop you attending if you hadn't already shelled out your cash.

I have raised that numerous times at meetings. The likes of Edinburgh Rugby do it and we trialled it against Malmo with great success.

It would also save on queues at the ticket office on matchday if only given to print at home option or adding to a membership card. It would save on the cost of ticket office staff which may compensate for the cost of a reduction. Even if it was only a £1 per ticket reduction or start charging a handling charge on tickets collected at the ticket office of say £1.

The sticking point seems to be that fans without a computer or the option to print would lose out. Sure most fans could get a friend to print it off.

KeithTheHibby
14-09-2015, 12:42 PM
So many crap excuses on this thread about not attending.

SirPsychoHibee
14-09-2015, 12:44 PM

As a fellow walk up, I think this would be a fantastic idea.

high bee
14-09-2015, 12:48 PM
So many crap excuses on this thread about not attending.

Surely it's people's choice to attend or not. Attending games takes up a lot of my disposable income, I have a young family and I have to travel a fair distance so on some occasions I simply want to spend one of my days off with my family.

For me people can choose not to attend for whatever reason they want, I have a great interest in the club but I don't invest anywhere near the same level as some. It's all about priorities.

Clubs can't afford to write off those who only attend a few games for example, all they can do is try to convince people to attend more.

KeithTheHibby
14-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Surely it's people's choice to attend or not. Attending games takes up a lot of my disposable income, I have a young family and I have to travel a fair distance so on some occasions I simply want to spend one of my days off with my family.

For me people can choose not to attend for whatever reason they want, I have a great interest in the club but I don't invest anywhere near the same level as some. It's all about priorities.

Clubs can't afford to write off those who only attend a few games for example, all they can do is try to convince people to attend more.

Being unable to afford it, or working or having something else on I get and totally understand.

For a while people wouldn't go back because we got humped 5-1 in the final. Then it was the Malmo humping. Then it was relegation. Then it was Petrie.
Now it's too expensive. Or we need to go on an amazing run of winning games. It's the same tired excuses.

StevieBoyKdy
14-09-2015, 01:16 PM
£££

iwasthere1972
14-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Maybe an incentive that when you buy a ticket whether it's online or at the ground that you are entered into a draw for a free match ticket to our next home league game. For every hundred fans who have purchased a ticket make ten free tickets available. A one in ten chance of seeing the next match for free.

Throw in a pie and bovril for good measure.

Frazerbob
14-09-2015, 01:36 PM
If we are beating teams 3 and 4 nil every week, running away with 2nd and within touching distance of Rangers, our crowds will improve. If not, they won't. End of story.

Frazerbob
14-09-2015, 01:39 PM

It was the didiest of diddy cups, glorified pre-season friendly. I try to get down to every key game, which involves taking the day off work and driving or getting the train from Aberdeen. I didn't even contemplate going to that game. I'm sure there were many others who felt the same.

southsider
14-09-2015, 01:42 PM
The current board who in IMHO are doing a real fine job in backing AS and his management team must wonder what more they can do to attract lapsed fans to E R again. Something to try perhaps. Pick a home game next month. Entry £10 adults and £1 for kids and OAP's. See what the gate is and if it is over 10,000 then we need to lower prices for next season. I am off the mind that we charge far too much for lower league football and even Premier stuff is to expensive. If we (or when) are back in the top league charge £200 for adults and £50 for primary school kids and £75 for secondary school kids. £100 for OAP's, students and disabled fans. I thinks we could sell 12,000 adults and 3,000 for other groups mentioned. E R packed every week, better atmosphere. Win win. S T's can be brought down if we keep up payments to HSL. Thoughts ?

iwasthere1972
14-09-2015, 01:54 PM
The current board who in IMHO are doing a real fine job in backing AS and his management team must wonder what more they can do to attract lapsed fans to E R again. Something to try perhaps. Pick a home game next month. Entry £10 adults and £1 for kids and OAP's. See what the gate is and if it is over 10,000 then we need to lower prices for next season. I am off the mind that we charge far too much for lower league football and even Premier stuff is to expensive. If we (or when) are back in the top league charge £200 for adults and £50 for primary school kids and £75 for secondary school kids. £100 for OAP's, students and disabled fans. I thinks we could sell 12,000 adults and 3,000 for other groups mentioned. E R packed every week, better atmosphere. Win win. S T's can be brought down if we keep up payments to HSL. Thoughts ?

£10 for an adult. You must be joking. We would probably have to sell about 17,000 season tickets just to get the same revenue as this season.

scooby
14-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Three wins coupled with 1-0 loss to rangers, 6-2 loss to rangers and 2-1 loss to dumbarton. Don't underestimate how much that start to the season deflated people, there was a good buzz up until that happened.

I simply can't afford to attend games at the moment, once I can I will be back. Other fans will come back once we have won more games, you can't expect 3 wins to change everyones minds when we have also lost 3 games whether they were in the league or not.

Correct, we needed to get off to a flyer and we didn't. I think a large number of people were waiting to see what the early results were like, but unfortunately Hibs being Hibs managed to shoot themselves in the foot yet again.

Performances are definitely improving and I feel that we have an excellent squad, but I fear that attendances won't pick up until the tail end of the season, providing of course that we're ahead of or within touching distance of the rangers.

I bought season tickets for my family of five for the first time this year, we'd been infrequent walkup's previously, but I fully appreciate that many people simply can't afford to attend every week, we certainly couldn't have in the past.

southsider
14-09-2015, 02:01 PM
£10 for an adult. You must be joking. We would probably have to sell about 17,000 season tickets just to get the same revenue as this season.

Perhaps I never made myself clear enough for you. I was talking about a one off game at £10 to see if it is the high costs keeping those fans away. Dundee Utd had a big (for them) gate on Saturday with lower charges.

iwasthere1972
14-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Perhaps I never made myself clear enough for you. I was talking about a one off game at £10 to see if it is the high costs keeping those fans away. Dundee Utd had a big (for them) gate on Saturday with lower charges.

I don't think that would prove anything. I could see us getting thousands of fans grabbing a ticket for a tenner but at what price would they come back on a regular basis.

PatHead
14-09-2015, 03:10 PM

They were also having a special day for Ralph Milne who sadly passed away. He is a legend to them.

NAE NOOKIE
14-09-2015, 04:07 PM
As the years have gone on I have found that the actual attendance on the day doesn't bother me too much, though obviously I would love to see Easter Road packed to the rafters every week.

Its quite nice sometimes to look around at the 7 or 8 thousand at some games and know that you are in the company of the people who care most about the club .... the ones who's connection to Hibs extends to more than just what league they are in or how its results are going, its not a bad feeling to know you are one of those people either.

If you look at the history of the club going back that 140 years there have been many times where Hibs have survived being in the doldrums thanks to the passion and feeling for it of a relatively small section of its overall support. This is probably one of those times.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2015, 04:20 PM

Cannibalisation - robbing Peter to pay Paul. Whatever way you want to look at it HSL and gate receipts should be seen as separate revenue streams - cross-subsidising would create a false picture. We need to be encouraging both.

For me it's about converting walk ups or lapsed to regulars. But I'm not sure if we're currently even measuring this. I suspect we might but when I last asked about our customer database (pre-Leann) the quality was "patchy" which was quite remarkable IMO. It's a combination of product price and promotion. Plus it folks know it's easy to get a ticket they'll postpone making a decision.

There was a study done (albeit in Iceland) which looked at factors influencing folks attending a game. Whether it was 1st game of the season and weather and whether folks had a ticket were main influencers iirc. So the conclusion of the study was to entice folks to buy a ticket in advance rather that rely on walk ups. Hibs have to be fair made things easier with print at home options. We could even go/or have gone for a mobile ticket Option to folks phones as I understood from Garry OHagan.

Why not fire out teasers (vouchers/discounts) to folks in surrounding neighbourhoods to ER via a number of channels (social media/"boots on the ground") and see (measure) what works - borrowing Matty's suggestion?

PatHead
14-09-2015, 04:42 PM
To an extent we are doing that via the schools and boys clubs already. Not saying there is no scope for doing it in pubs etc, even an Evening News voucher though. We also have to welcome minority groups and encourage them to come.

Missing a massive market there.

basehibby
14-09-2015, 05:16 PM
I had my excuse at the weekend with a close family member having been in the hospital - but the fact remains that even if I could have gone I would have had a job finding a mate to go with.

We are in our second season in the second tier and it's going to take some spectacular form to entice all the fans back. Those that attend regularly should just give yourselves a pat on the back and enjoy the extra legroom for the time being - you will be able to say that you were THERE in future year while less committed Hibees shuffle uncomfortably and listen on.

matty_f
14-09-2015, 05:52 PM
I had my excuse at the weekend with a close family member having been in the hospital - but the fact remains that even if I could have gone I would have had a job finding a mate to go with.

We are in our second season in the second tier and it's going to take some spectacular form to entice all the fans back. Those that attend regularly should just give yourselves a pat on the back and enjoy the extra legroom for the time being - you will be able to say that you were THERE in future year while less committed Hibees shuffle uncomfortably and listen on.

The Rangers, who have had to go through seeing their team at a lower level than us and also fail to get out of the division last season, are just about filling Ibrox now...

Having a second season in this division is only an issue if you want to make it one. Clearly the The Rangers fans have seen more from their club to make them want to go back. I don't know how much they're paying for their season tickets, but they're certainly not put off by having not got promoted last season.

Smartie
14-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Someone on the "positive" thread has pointed out that we're on our best run of home form since 2000.

Does anyone know when we last got a crowd as low as this for a league game?

I can't remember us having dropped below 8000 for some time although when I started going (Miller years, about 1992) we used to trundle along at about the 6000-8000 mark.

rcarter1
14-09-2015, 06:37 PM
The Rangers, who have had to go through seeing their team at a lower level than us and also fail to get out of the division last season, are just about filling Ibrox now...

Having a second season in this division is only an issue if you want to make it one. Clearly the The Rangers fans have seen more from their club to make them want to go back. I don't know how much they're paying for their season tickets, but they're certainly not put off by having not got promoted last season.

Good point. I wonder though if we had beaten Dumbarton and got a result vs Rangers, maybe the season would look different? Right now, as sad as it is to say so early, its looking good for second, very tough for first. Rangers fans smell glory, and have had a bigger more positive turnaround over the summer.

jabis
14-09-2015, 06:41 PM

v Raith = 8,484

v Morton = 8,923

v Stranraer = 5,224

v Montrose = 5,933

v Rangers = 11,225

v Raith = 9,954

v Alloa = 8,328

Thoughts?

Probably been mentioned,but diet green sounds like a Celtic fan !

Cropley10
14-09-2015, 06:47 PM

This. We make it look incredibly difficult - Hearts and Rangers make it look easy.

A total 'Work in Progress' against part-timers and cloggers. Hard to muster enthusiasm.

You reap what you sow, and the very bald facts are that the new, completed stadium has been full once.

The Rangers and Dumbarton results were, frankly, appalling.

Cropley10
14-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Having a second season in this division is only an issue if you want to make it one. Clearly the The Rangers fans have seen more from their club to make them want to go back.

Indeed - must be wonderful watching your team steam roller the opposition every week. Surprised it's not busier actually.

J-C
14-09-2015, 07:50 PM

I don't think being in the championship for another season is the main issue, have a look at pre season, or the lack of it and that may explain why we are struggling. With all the hassle of last season behind us we finished probably the best team in the league but ran out if steam, bought fairly well pre season and retained some really good decent players but our pre season prep was as far as I'm concerned atrocious. A tiny handful of pre season games and straight into Petrofac against The Rangers and we got humped but looked ok for first 20 mins, we were not nearly ready enough, the Allan scenario etc didn't help either and what we have again is another newish squad of players not fully gelled and not ready to go. Stubbs emphatically mentioned that we needed to get off to a flier and the way I see it, his pre season prep let us down badly.

All this and the punters look at it and say, here we go again, typical Hibs all shouting from the roof tops about how well the transfer window was and we're still struggling to beat teams like Dunbarton.

.Sean.
14-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I take it those wanting prices cut would be happy to see Hibs compensate the thousands of us who support the club financially through season tickets?

Do folk honestly not go over the sake of a fiver?? 17 quid or 22 quid... It's £5 difference. You cannae even get a pint for that in a lot of places. Sounds harsh but pay up like the rest of us or shut up. For the first time in ages we've a team worth going along to see.

What was the prices at Tynecastle last season when Hearts were beating the same teams we're now beating and selling out most weeks? I'd bet it wasn't much different from what Hibs charge. With the club now on the up if you can afford to go and other commitments allow it you really should be attending.

Ronniekirk
14-09-2015, 08:36 PM
I drive through from Paisley ,and probably over the course of the season I will be at around 80 % of our home games . I support my club in any way I can and am lucky that I am able to do that ,but Watching my Team is still up there as a priority for me Not the top one but it's always been up there apart from when I was a Student and first had a young family and financially I couldn't make the same commitment .
I took my son to his first cup final at Parkhead aged three and he went to games but he has just moved to London and I think the days of sons and daughters staying in the same locality for long periods has changed He will come back up and take in the odd game but having to move away to get employment will be the norm while in the 70s when started going regularly it wasn't
I was as pissed off as everyone else when we didn't hit the ground running and it was clear Rangers were looking like going on a winning run which looks like continuing .
But all the positivity around the Club means I don't dwell on the past as much ,I can't change it ,and it's led to where we are today and a reduced core support .
But the second half against Alloa showed what we can do ,and it's a pleasure to watch a group of Talented young players start to gel and enjoy their Football .
Hopefully we now go on a long unbeaten leaugue run and score more goals per game and keep as many. clean sheets as we can .
The prices apart from the odd cup game aren't going to change ,but the Team will improve .
i am not sure at the present time what more the Club can do ,and the players know they have now set a standard they need to maintain ,it's then down to individual fans that can afford it to start to come back and see for themselves if they are entertained enough to want to return and watch McGinn Henderson etc continue to improve .
I have no doubt it won't all be plain sailing from now on but there is enough going on for anyone with an open mind to see we are moving in the right direction .

Green Diet
14-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Probably been mentioned,but diet green sounds like a Celtic fan !

You should be careful about casting dispersions. Hibs through and through.

Jack
14-09-2015, 09:09 PM
To an extent we are doing that via the schools and boys clubs already. Not saying there is no scope for doing it in pubs etc, even an Evening News voucher though. We also have to welcome minority groups and encourage them to come.

Missing a massive market there.

Any idea what Hibs are doing during Freshers Week ... apart from avoiding the Hive?

35,000 students starting, or starting back at Edinburgh University alone in the next couple of weeks. If I could have given away 1,000 tickets, forget schools, were the recipient doesn't decide if they go again, that's where I would have been giving them away and selling student STs at prices matched to the university calendar!

A mock training session in The Quadrangle, I could probably arrange that, and were sorted!

Vini1875
14-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Getting neck and neck with the huns every week is what is needed and beating them at ER. I really feel that this team is still improving and it will take a bit yet to get people attending again week in week out. Trouble is we need the huns to lose a couple of games against other teams.

Green Diet
14-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Any idea what Hibs are doing during Freshers Week ... apart from avoiding the Hive?

35,000 students starting, or starting back at Edinburgh University alone in the next couple of weeks. If I could have given away 1,000 tickets, forget schools, were the recipient doesn't decide if they go again, that's where I would have been giving them away and selling student STs at prices matched to the university calendar!

A mock training session in The Quadrangle, I could probably arrange that, and were sorted!

Now that is thinking outside the box. A great idea. This is the sort of proactive marketing that is missing IMO. Very little cost/time involved for a potential high return. You should email this idea straight to Leanne.

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Good point. I wonder though if we had beaten Dumbarton and got a result vs Rangers, maybe the season would look different? Right now, as sad as it is to say so early, its looking good for second, very tough for first. Rangers fans smell glory, and have had a bigger more positive turnaround over the summer.

I think the Dumbarton game was very important and we really messed up. Losing to a lower club after dominating possession and chances led fans to think 'here we go again...' and that nothing had been learned from last season.

I think we'll really need to keep turning teams over for the support to come back, though a Hun blip would be nice -if unlikely.

high bee
14-09-2015, 09:59 PM

We have a massively cheesed off support slowly regaining trust.

All the Sevconians I know see the club as victims and have only lately returned after initially backing the zombies.

Others who are getting good attendances:

Hertz - escaped from the jaws of death, there's a unity to save the club.

Aberdeen - potentially challenging for the league.

The only sensible model to follow is Aberdeen, were on the right track but many fans will require more time and results. I'm sure there are cheesed off Dons fans when they were getting low crowds but they've all reappeared.

Every club has those that turn up through the worst times and others that don't. Label them as you please but we're not different to any other fans.

matty_f
14-09-2015, 10:29 PM

All the Sevconians I know see the club as victims and have only lately returned after initially backing the zombies.

The only sensible model to follow is Aberdeen, were on the right track but many fans will require more time and results. I'm sure there are cheesed off Dons fans when they were getting low crowds but they've all reappeared.

Every club has those that turn up through the worst times and others that don't. Label them as you please but we're not different to any other fans.

I'm not labelling anyone.

southern hibby
15-09-2015, 12:01 AM
I don't think being in the championship for another season is the main issue, have a look at pre season, or the lack of it and that may explain why we are struggling. With all the hassle of last season behind us we finished probably the best team in the league but ran out if steam, bought fairly well pre season and retained some really good decent players but our pre season prep was as far as I'm concerned atrocious. A tiny handful of pre season games and straight into Petrofac against The Rangers and we got humped but looked ok for first 20 mins, we were not nearly ready enough, the Allan scenario etc didn't help either and what we have again is another newish squad of players not fully gelled and not ready to go. Stubbs emphatically mentioned that we needed to get off to a flier and the way I see it, his pre season prep let us down badly.

All this and the punters look at it and say, here we go again, typical Hibs all shouting from the roof tops about how well the transfer window was and we're still struggling to beat teams like Dunbarton.

Totally agree Reference pre season and would like to add that AS didn't even attend the Ayr United game as he attended Ibrox to watch the Huns when he could have recorded the game on TV.
Was at that game and line up was mostly young lads with a few first team players involved. This meant that we had another game that was not our first 11 selection fighting to get fit and gelling together.

GGTTH

TrinityHibs
15-09-2015, 06:29 AM

I just cannot agree with that. Aberdeen just wiped most of their debt because some local businessman/supporter ploughed a large slug of money in. They currently have a stadium that is in worst nick than Tynecastle. To move it will cost circa £40M. Even allowing for the sale of Pittodrie they are still more than £20M short. They also do not have their own training facilities and the proposed tie up with the Uni has fallen through.

green day
15-09-2015, 07:59 AM
I just cannot agree with that. Aberdeen just wiped most of their debt because some local businessman/supporter ploughed a large slug of money in. They currently have a stadium that is in worst nick than Tynecastle. To move it will cost circa £40M. Even allowing for the sale of Pittodrie they are still more than £20M short. They also do not have their own training facilities and the proposed tie up with the Uni has fallen through.

I dont think High Bee meant their model re Stadium etc, rather how to get the fans back. i.e. Aberdeen fairly recently had some shocking crowds, on their backs all the time and were doing (relatively) poorly.

Now they are flying high, playign good football and (surprise surprise) are playing to packed houses.

For us?

Gates wont be less than the 7774 this season, as it was predominantly season ticket holders there.

I am unsure why this thread even exists, to be honest - its not difficult or rocket science - play well, win games, get promoted and the fans will be back. Play poorly, stay in this league another season and the fans will vote with their feet.

jgl07
15-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Someone on the "positive" thread has pointed out that we're on our best run of home form since 2000.

Does anyone know when we last got a crowd as low as this for a league game?

I can't remember us having dropped below 8000 for some time although when I started going (Miller years, about 1992) we used to trundle along at about the 6000-8000 mark.
In the early 1990s, Hibs would be looking at 4,000 to 5,000 for the visit of the likes of St Johnstone. Gates of 3,000 to 3,500 were not unknown at that time.

Come to think of it during the Turnbull era, crowds of 2,500 were experienced for lesser teams visits even though the visit of Celtic would bring in 45,000.

When the likes of Michael O'Neill and Kevin McAllister came in things started to improve. I recall the shock when Hibs got a near 9,000 crowd midweek v Raith Rovers. Vouchers were being issued to get a League Cup final ticket at that match so it was not typical.

It was only when the two new stands were opened and the club started pushing season tickets that crowds of 8,000 plus became common.

Hibs crowds last season were boosted by the fact that many had already renewed their season ticket before relegation was confirmed or even expected. They also had four visits from Hearts and 'the Rangers'. I don't think that nearly 8,000 was too bad for Alloa given the circumstances and the tiny number of away fans.

Peevemor
15-09-2015, 10:16 AM
In the early 1990s, Hibs would be looking at 4,000 to 5,000 for the visit of the likes of St Johnstone. Gates of 3,000 to 3,500 were not unknown at that time.

Come to think of it during the Turnbull era, crowds of 2,500 were experienced for lesser teams visits even though the visit of Celtic would bring in 45,000.

When the likes of Michael O'Neill and Kevin McAllister came in things started to improve. I recall the shock when Hibs got a near 9,000 crowd midweek v Raith Rovers. Vouchers were being issued to get a League Cup final ticket at that match so it was not typical.

It was only when the two new stands were opened and the club started pushing season tickets that crowds of 8,000 plus became common.

Hibs crowds last season were boosted by the fact that many had already renewed their season ticket before relegation was confirmed or even expected. They also had four visits from Hearts and 'the Rangers'. I don't think that nearly 8,000 was too bad for Alloa given the circumstances and the tiny number of away fans.

:agree:

rcarter1
15-09-2015, 10:30 AM

Isn't interesting to see a high flying team, doing their jobs well, clearly organised and motivated and with the fitness to grab a winner with 10 men vs Celtic. All without their own training facilities.

East Mains was a big fairy dust trick that has amount to a puff of smoke (IMO). If there's Oil underneath, then fair enough, but apart from that its an excuse for players to laise about in plush surroundings thinking they are all that.

Bad Martini
15-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I am unsure why this thread even exists, to be honest - its not difficult or rocket science - play well, win games, get promoted and the fans will be back. Play poorly, stay in this league another season and the fans will vote with their feet.

Thats really the size of it.

Lets be honest - £22 quid or £19 quid? Come on.

Even those skint wont use that as an excuse. Thats a full £57 quid over a full season, assuming you go to 18 home games which most walk ups probably wont otherwise would buy a season ticket.

Its not money. Not really. Yes, for those TOTALLY skint, this is an issue but the difference of £3 quid a game wont change a thing....in reality, anyone that skint wont be able to go at all and thats fair enough.

Its no the spanish inquisition here. Folk dont HAVE to go if they dont want to.

But lets no kid ourselves. It really is simple. If this team goes on a good run, folk WILL come back. It is that simple...

high bee
15-09-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm not labelling anyone.

Apologies, was off at a tangent there, that part wasn't referring to you. Was referring to the fact that there is a lot of questioning people's loyalty for lack of attendance.

high bee
15-09-2015, 11:16 AM

My point was that there are three clubs in Scotland who are experiencing increased attendances in recent times. I'm saying we obviously shouldn't try to go bust/narrowly avoid going bust like those 2 but that we should get thing right in the park like Aberdeen and the stadium will start to fill up.

I'm not referring to stadium state, training facilities or alike because we are sorted there anyway. This thread is about the lack of attendees and my point is there is a proven way to increase it. People have all sorts of reasons not to attend whether it's the league we are in or a possible false dawn etc. Each step we take to being top 4 in Scotland again will see us slowly pick up attendances along the way and if we finished 2nd in the prem last year and were unbeaten this year we would be seeing 15k crowds again but we can't expect much upturn until we at least achieve promotion IMO.

Greencore
15-09-2015, 11:19 AM
£22 against the Rangers, Falkirk and St Mirren yes. But against Alloa... Nah, should have been £15 terrible prices and the over pricing at the food stalls.. £2 for water?!

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 11:48 AM
I take it those wanting prices cut would be happy to see Hibs compensate the thousands of us who support the club financially through season tickets?

Do folk honestly not go over the sake of a fiver?? 17 quid or 22 quid... It's £5 difference. You cannae even get a pint for that in a lot of places. Sounds harsh but pay up like the rest of us or shut up. For the first time in ages we've a team worth going along to see.

What was the prices at Tynecastle last season when Hearts were beating the same teams we're now beating and selling out most weeks? I'd bet it wasn't much different from what Hibs charge. With the club now on the up if you can afford to go and other commitments allow it you really should be attending.

H i Sean.

I think it is the league we are in and the prices we are paying to watch football in this league that might be the problem Sean, when Booth was at Raith and Deek was at Alloa the prices for that league ranged from £10 to £14, Alloa were charging £12, Morton £10 and Raith £14, since us and the poppy thieves and newco went in to the championship prices have rocketed up for this league, the smaller clubs fans would have seen last season as a bit of a adventure coming to these grounds even though they had a good moan about the prices they were having to pay, i doubt they will be back in any big numbers this season, maybe Morton will bring a good support for a trip to ER, but these fans see £22 as a f***ing rip off for the league they are in.

I understand the keeping of prices the first time round to get us out of this league, but we never and are still being charged well over the top this season for being in the Championship for another season, don't get out of it this season and if Hibs continue to charge the same prices then crowds will drop even more as £22 is way over the top for a walk up as is a ST at £350 (is that right) for this league.

Need to be in the top flight next season, it's a must for Hibs.

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 12:03 PM

I like a green diet myself, very relaxing. :greengrin

silverhibee
15-09-2015, 12:06 PM

A fast black will get them there. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2015, 12:08 PM
£22 against the Rangers, Falkirk and St Mirren yes. But against Alloa... Nah, should have been £15 terrible prices and the over pricing at the food stalls.. £2 for water?!

Using your pricing would make it a total cost of £81. A ST holder pays about £80 for the same 4 games.

IMO, the differential between ST and walk-up should be much more than 25p a game.

TrinityHibs
15-09-2015, 05:34 PM
My point was that there are three clubs in Scotland who are experiencing increased attendances in recent times. I'm saying we obviously shouldn't try to go bust/narrowly avoid going bust like those 2 but that we should get thing right in the park like Aberdeen and the stadium will start to fill up.

I'm not referring to stadium state, training facilities or alike because we are sorted there anyway. This thread is about the lack of attendees and my point is there is a proven way to increase it. People have all sorts of reasons not to attend whether it's the league we are in or a possible false dawn etc. Each step we take to being top 4 in Scotland again will see us slowly pick up attendances along the way and if we finished 2nd in the prem last year and were unbeaten this year we would be seeing 15k crowds again but we can't expect much upturn until we at least achieve promotion IMO.

My point was Aberdeen have overspent to get to where they are. If they maintain their good form they will get close to break even however they can only get their new stadium by going into £20M of debt. If they want their own training facilities (and they do) they will have to spend another £5-10M. One of our financial guys can tell us but the cost of servicing a debt of £30M could be £3M pa if they can actually get someone to lend against a football club. Taking an average ST price of say £300 they would need another 10,000 supporters to stay still. They would also have to build a bigger stadium to accommodate the extra 10000 sheep.

I agree with everything else you say and while not happy to be where we are I am happy with what is starting to happen on the pitch for the first time in a long time.

Brooster
15-09-2015, 06:50 PM
If we have 7500 season ticket holders and 79 were there....that means about 200 Hibs fans paid to get in. Does that not tell you everything about the pricing structure?

B.H.F.C
15-09-2015, 06:58 PM
If we have 7500 season ticket holders and 79 were there....that means about 200 Hibs fans paid to get in. Does that not tell you everything about the pricing structure?

Or quite a few season ticket holders weren't there as well. I know two for starters.

That's not to say the prices are great though.

jabis
15-09-2015, 07:13 PM

In that case,I apologise.

Ringothedog
15-09-2015, 10:02 PM

It is normal for between 5 & 10 % of season ticket holders not to attend any given game. Maybe it's time for Hibs to give the seats sold rather than the actual attendance.

Baldy Foghorn
16-09-2015, 09:26 PM

Apathy, price wouldn't matter if we were successful.........

mca
16-09-2015, 09:29 PM
7774... is actually very close to my Pin code thingy !! :wink:

Alfred E Newman
16-09-2015, 09:32 PM

Correct. Aberdeen will bring a heathy travelling support next week and a large percentage of Hibs supporters will be staying at home moaning about the cost.

Islington Hibs
16-09-2015, 09:33 PM

I suspect quite a lot of season ticket holders regularly don't turn up especially for the smaller games so the walk up will have been quite a bit more. But yes you are right not many. I also suspect if they charged £15 instead of £22 not many more would have bothered either as Alloa are hardly an attraction. Yes it is too expensive but from a purely economic perspective I am not sure cutting prices would actually raise revenues.

Despite the best efforts of Dempster/ Stubbs etc frankly there is only one solution - win promotion and get into the top 3/4 in the SPL. If you want decent crowds there is no other solution.

Brooster
17-09-2015, 12:51 AM

Which we are not....so it does matter.

Green Diet
17-09-2015, 02:37 AM
I think the answer IMO is very simple, we are experiencing a downturn in attendance figures because we are fighting our way through a second year of second rate football in the second league with an expectation of coming second [i should be a politician].

LD and AS are doing all the right things off the field and have made some great signings on the pitch too [most notably McGINN]. Its just not enough to convince the fans that we are a strong candidate for 1st place until results against the Rangers change. If we are sitting top of the championship then hey presto its bums on seats time.

:cb

CentreLine
17-09-2015, 06:40 AM

Not really. I think it says more about the Hibs supporters lack of commitment. So many excuses are made for not going to games instead of simply admitting they've given up supporting the club. You never lose that affection but I Certainly lost interest myself for some years. Nothing to do with prices but just stopped enjoying it and found better things to do with my time.
when I saw the club in deep do do last year my reaction surprised me but I realised that the time for excuses was past and the club needed lapsed supporters like me to get behind it.
I bought a ST for the first time in years along with cup top up and took advantage of the excellent opportunity to buy club shares and HSL shares.
My commitments do not allow me to attend many games but I like what I see happening at our club. So my seat was empty at the weekend and will be for most games but IMHO there has not been a more important time since the 1990s crisis to stop complaining and get behind the good things happening at our club.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Not really. I think it says more about the Hibs supporters lack of commitment. So many excuses are made for not going to games instead of simply admitting they've given up supporting the club. You never lose that affection but I Certainly lost interest myself for some years. Nothing to do with prices but just stopped enjoying it and found better things to do with my time.
when I saw the club in deep do do last year my reaction surprised me but I realised that the time for excuses was past and the club needed lapsed supporters like me to get behind it.
I bought a ST for the first time in years along with cup top up and took advantage of the excellent opportunity to buy club shares and HSL shares.
My commitments do not allow me to attend many games but I like what I see happening at our club. So my seat was empty at the weekend and will be for most games but IMHO there has not been a more important time since the 1990s crisis to stop complaining and get behind the good things happening at our club.

I don't like that word excuses, i nor any other person needs to justify whether i go or not.

I don't need an excuse it's my choice, and when those who come on here telling me i will be there should we get to a final, so what, the same folk crow all about how we could take 40k and how good it was.

32 thousand of them are not regulars.

marinello59
17-09-2015, 07:51 AM

It means 7700 Hibs fans paid to get in.

bigwheel
17-09-2015, 07:53 AM
I don't like that word excuses, i nor any other person needs to justify whether i go or not.

I don't need an excuse it's my choice, and when those who come on here telling me i will be there should we get to a final, so what, the same folk crow all about how we could take 40k and how good it was.

32 thousand of them are not regulars.

I agree with the posters point - some people (perhaps including yourself - no idea tbh ???) have effectively given up supporting Hibs with any regularity. It's not a choice that is helpful to the club at a time of need, but it is indeed absolutely within the right of anyone to do as they choose. And we can all understand, after recent years, why people choose to not go as much.

Just now - it would be good for anyone who could go, to choose to go more. Even if they are not enjoying the football or situation just now - as our club needs their help. It would be a selfless act, perhaps one the club hasn't even earned yet - but it would help the club that they care about.

So excuses or not...I think the posters point is well made..

J-C
17-09-2015, 09:27 AM
I agree with the posters point - some people (perhaps including yourself - no idea tbh ???) have effectively given up supporting Hibs with any regularity. It's not a choice that is helpful to the club at a time of need, but it is indeed absolutely within the right of anyone to do as they choose. And we can all understand, after recent years, why people choose to not go as much.

Just now - it would be good for anyone who could go, to choose to go more. Even if they are not enjoying the football or situation just now - as our club needs their help. It would be a selfless act, perhaps one the club hasn't even earned yet - but it would help the club that they care about.

So excuses or not...I think the posters point is well made..

I also think that yourself and a good few posters are forgetting is we've been in one of the worst recessions in history, only this past year are we now beginning to see the light. Many other priorities took over where the money was spent and Hibs was one of those priorities that could be put on hold so to speak. We had a poor team relegated, found ourselves miles behind our bitterest rivals and ultimately knocked out by a team we'd humped 3 out of 4 times in the league, meaning another year in this bloody boring division of 10 teams.

Roll on the start of this season and with re signings and the new ones things looked up but after a very poor pre season ( if we had one that is ) we got hammered by Sevco in a so called diddy cup and also beaten in the league by them, another poor start and in those 1st few games we looked very poor indeed, only now starting to look like gelling, sounds familiar?

Bobby's Cinema
17-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Start winning the games that matter. The support has taken so many batterings this is the now the only way things will change dramatically. Not easy

Smartie
17-09-2015, 12:08 PM
The thing that would have the biggest impact on our attendances would be for The Rangers to drop a few points.

We've invested in the players, we've got a decent squad together, results and performances are improving.

We need Rangers to give us a glimmer of hope that we will catch them.

The expectation/anticipation/hope that we could catch then finish ahead of Rangers would be enough to put thousands, many thousands of extra bums on seats.

The reality is that most people are anticipating that we will be 2nd at best and entering the lottery of the playoffs with the realistic possibility that we'll spend a third season in the Championship.

Hibs, imo can't do any more at this stage than they have done.