PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Stephen Dunn (HSL Director and Hibs Non-Exec Director)

matty_f
13-09-2015, 10:31 PM
This is the next interview in my series looking at an inside perspective of the football club. This interview with Stephen Dunn looks at HSL, and also Stephen's recent move to re-join the board at Hibs in a non-exec capacity. It was done ahead of last month's match against Raith Rovers. As always, feedback is welcome!:thumbsup:

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/changing-times-stephen-dunn.html

Congruence
14-09-2015, 05:57 AM
Excellent work Matty, I enjoy reading your Blog, and thanks for posting

matty_f
14-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Excellent work Matty, I enjoy reading your Blog, and thanks for posting

Thank you :aok:

Ozyhibby
14-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Best of the 3 so far in terms of giving us some info.
£300k a year going into the player budget from HSL is a significant amount. Hopefully this will encourage more to sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojock
14-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Excellent read and very insightful. Even if you don't agree with some things that were said by Frank, Amit or Stephen you cant deny the passion these guys have for the club. Thanks again Matty

brog
14-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Best of the 3 so far in terms of giving us some info.
£300k a year going into the player budget from HSL is a significant amount. Hopefully this will encourage more to sign up.

Good stuff Matty, Ozy, think you mean £3k a week!

Bostonhibby
14-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks for this Matty, very encouraging read, HSL really is the way forward.

matty_f
14-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Good stuff Matty, Ozy, think you mean £3k a week!

No, he was right!

matty_f
14-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Excellent read and very insightful. Even if you don't agree with some things that were said by Frank, Amit or Stephen you cant deny the passion these guys have for the club. Thanks again Matty

That passion came across loud and clear in the interviews. The guys clearly live and breath Hibs.

ano hibby
14-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks Matty. Are you/anyone else able to clarify the £250-300k mentioned?

It sounds like this is the annual total for Year 1. Presumably this will consist of lump sums (assumed to be one offs) & direct debits. Be interesting to know what the direct debit total is monthly/annually as this is the bit which they will build into the budget (less a cancellation factor I'd think) on a recurring basis..?
Some quick maths suggest most of 250k could be from direct debits: 250k/12/900numbers = £23 per month per member...

BroxburnHibee
14-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Sorry if its been mentioned - re. The 20%?

How far off is HSL from achieving this?

Ozyhibby
14-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Sorry if its been mentioned - re. The 20%?

How far off is HSL from achieving this?

20% is £500k so should be just before the end of year 2. Less if more people see the good it's doing and sign up.

brog
14-09-2015, 02:45 PM
No, he was right!

I'm confused, surely £150k = £3k a week?

matty_f
14-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Thanks Matty. Are you/anyone else able to clarify the £250-300k mentioned?

It sounds like this is the annual total for Year 1. Presumably this will consist of lump sums (assumed to be one offs) & direct debits. Be interesting to know what the direct debit total is monthly/annually as this is the bit which they will build into the budget (less a cancellation factor I'd think) on a recurring basis..?
Some quick maths suggest most of 250k could be from direct debits: 250k/12/900numbers = £23 per month per member...

I think the majority is from monthly payments, at £18.75 each.

For me the big thing from it was the impact it has directly on the first team.

The fan ownership aside, the fact that it's given a substantial lift to Stubbs is fantastic, so well done to everyone that has signed up so far.

It's definitely something that people can feel good about. I know the initial reaction to it was that it wasn't as good as buying shares directly, but when you see what the collective good of the money does, it makes it seem much more attractive, IMHO.

matty_f
14-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm confused, surely £150k = £3k a week?

The £150k was for the first six months, the £250-300k projection was for the full year.

ano hibby
14-09-2015, 03:39 PM
I think the majority is from monthly payments, at £18.75 each.

For me the big thing from it was the impact it has directly on the first team.

The fan ownership aside, the fact that it's given a substantial lift to Stubbs is fantastic, so well done to everyone that has signed up so far.

It's definitely something that people can feel good about. I know the initial reaction to it was that it wasn't as good as buying shares directly, but when you see what the collective good of the money does, it makes it seem much more attractive, IMHO.

Agree & thanks. If we can budget for £250k pa from this source, potentially rising with results then it's a good outcome I'd say.

brog
14-09-2015, 04:07 PM
The £150k was for the first six months, the £250-300k projection was for the full year.

I agree but I'm more confused now, that's £5-6k a week, where do we get £3k a year (what Ozy said)?

Pretty Boy
14-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Cracking interview yet again.

It's been good to see whilst Stephen, Amit and Frank have all been talking broadly along the same lines there are a few wee differences of opinion. That suggests there is a healthy debate in the boardroom and the non execs are doing their job.

matty_f
14-09-2015, 05:26 PM
I agree but I'm more confused now, that's £5-6k a week, where do we get £3k a year (what Ozy said)?

He said £300k a year, which was the figure quoted by Stephen in the interview. :greengrin

brog
14-09-2015, 07:35 PM
He said £300k a year, which was the figure quoted by Stephen in the interview. :greengrin

I suspect it was edited. No problems, I just didn't understand it.

FranckSuzy
14-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Good read :agree: Stephen came across very well when he and the HSL Board spoke at a St. Pat's branch meeting earlier this year.

I am sorry to hear about his wife also.

Andy74
14-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Agree & thanks. If we can budget for £250k pa from this source, potentially rising with results then it's a good outcome I'd say.

It's not an annual thing though. After a year that's the membership gained and many will stop there.

green day
14-09-2015, 09:12 PM
It's not an annual thing though. After a year that's the membership gained and many will stop there.

I will want to continue paying. Is that possible? I.e. just not stop the DD?

Ozyhibby
14-09-2015, 09:19 PM
I suspect it was edited. No problems, I just didn't understand it.

Definitely was not edited by me. It would say so at the bottom of the post.

Andy74
14-09-2015, 09:31 PM
I will want to continue paying. Is that possible? I.e. just not stop the DD?

Me too but many won't so it's not guaranteed future income at that level.

Cheshire Hibby
14-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Really enjoyed this interview. Positive and balanced. Would have liked to know just what the share offer has achieved in total though?

lucky
15-09-2015, 09:07 AM
What's clear is we need more to sign up to HSL. It can be done for as little as £10 a month. I pay my £18.75 and have no intention of stopping the DD once full membership is achieved but I do worry some might do this and it will lead to a drop of in the amount collected. It was also interesting to read that Hearts fans are paying £140k a month to their club and its solely being used to help run the club. That must give them the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland by a long way. But clearly Budgie is not as generous as STF is as he gives HSL shares for the donations.

worcesterhibby
15-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Stephen Dunn obviously puts a huge amount of work in to Hibs..so if you are reading this..thank you !

Also thank you to Matty for taking the time and effort to do the interviews and write the blog.

As an HSL member it's great to get an insight into it all.

ano hibby
15-09-2015, 12:09 PM

I'd forgotten about that thanks. I see it as ongoing investment myself, hopefully most view it the same.
Do the direct debits stop after 12 months & you have to opt back in or will it keep going unless you tell them to stop? Could make a difference to ongoing uptake.