PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Frogga
13-09-2015, 05:59 PM
I think the thing that impresses me most about him is not just his ability, but the attitude he's shown to his loan spell so far. He's come to us and really knuckled in, always willing to chase the ball and work hard for the team. He's not the finished article but he has the potential to go far given the right guidance :aok:

Torto7062
13-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Fantastic work rate.....he could compliment McGinn and be the engine room with Mcgeough.
God knows where Fyfie will fit in now

mim
13-09-2015, 06:03 PM
How long is he contracted to Celtic?
I'd love to see him sign for us if we win promotion :flag:

Sir David Gray
13-09-2015, 06:05 PM

They gave him a new four year contract just before he signed for us.

We have no chance of signing him on a permanent contract.

JimBHibees
13-09-2015, 06:07 PM

He is highly regarded by Celtic and just signed a new deal with them just before he joined us on loan. 3 or 4 years.

Smartie
13-09-2015, 06:10 PM
I have to say that he was getting on my nerves a bit yesterday and I thought he was having a poor first half. It was a terrible decision to square the ball when he could have had a shot at their keeper when he was clear through and I remember him wasting possession with at least 3 bad balls in the final third.

That said I thought it was a great run from him to anticipate and follow up on the shot for the goal before half-time - it was an important time and an important goal and he showed great determination and anticipation to earn his tap-in.

I thought he went on from there to have a really strong second half.

TBH it was exactly what we needed from him and it was great to see a Hibs player graft through an "iffy" first half to go on and give a very solid second half performance. His head didn't go down and he showed exactly the attitude that has been missing in so many Hibs players in recent years.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Fantastic work rate.....he could compliment McGinn and be the engine room with Mcgeough.
God knows where Fyfie will fit in now

Based on him slowing the pace down when he was playing I am not sure he will automatically come straight back in Not sure if he wasn't 100% fit but at times he looked laboured Henderson is young and will blow hot and cold so he will probably not play every game but nice problem for Stubbs to have .

JimBHibees
13-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I have to say that he was getting on my nerves a bit yesterday and I thought he was having a poor first half. It was a terrible decision to square the ball when he could have had a shot at their keeper when he was clear through and I remember him wasting possession with at least 3 bad balls in the final third.

That said I thought it was a great run from him to anticipate and follow up on the shot for the goal before half-time - it was an important time and an important goal and he showed great determination and anticipation to earn his tap-in.

I thought he went on from there to have a really strong second half.

TBH it was exactly what we needed from him and it was great to see a Hibs player graft through an "iffy" first half to go on and give a very solid second half performance. His head didn't go down and he showed exactly the attitude that has been missing in so many Hibs players in recent years.

Thought his flick in the second half from left to right which just missed the back post was brilliant. Liam is a huge talent hopefully stays fit so we get the best of him until the end of the season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Loved his celly yesterday too, passion!

Ronniekirk
13-09-2015, 06:45 PM

His celebration with the fans at the front of the East after he set up McGinni was equally as Good As soon as McGinnis scored he turned to the fans fists clenched and let out a roar and then turned and he and McGinn celebrated .:agree::wink::agree:

Glory Lurker
13-09-2015, 06:53 PM
He was my MOTM yesterday.

Iceman1875
13-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Will only get better. Not surprised Celtic rate him so highly. Will I doubt be a scotland regular in years to come.

At Easter Road we play...

greenlex
13-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Heard a great story about him yesterday. He won a Scottish Cup medal with Celtic and there was a bash at Parkhead that night for the players. He didn't attend and instead went home to celebrate (non alcoholic)with his brothers boys club team who had just beaten Tynecastle (I think) to get to their Scottish cup final. I like that. :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
13-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Part of that was a GIRUY to a guy near me who had been giving him abuse earlier. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

13-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Brilliant young talent, if he keeps fit and keeps showing the right attitude and commitment then I reckon he will have a very bright future.

JimBHibees
14-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Heard a great story about him yesterday. He won a Scottish Cup medal with Celtic and there was a bash at Parkhead that night for the players. He didn't attend and instead went home to celebrate (non alcoholic)with his brothers boys club team who had just beaten Tynecastle (I think) to get to their Scottish cup final. I like that. :thumbsup:

One of his ex-PE teachers stays near me and says he is a lovely down to earth kid. Good to hear as hugely talented.