PDA

View Full Version : Islam feruz

Unseen work
13-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Wasn't at the game...how did he look during his brief spell on the pitch yesterday? And where did he play?

Smartie
13-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Very rusty imo.

Had a lovely burst of pace down the side of the box and a decent ball in at one point but was generally quite quiet.

He might get up to speed with the rest of the squad in time but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop anyone for him just yet.

ahibby
13-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Wasn't at the game...how did he look during his brief spell on the pitch yesterday? And where did he play?

He played up front. Has a long way to go before he's an end product.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2015, 01:03 PM
With match fitness I think he could be a good addition to the team.

Fingers crossed.

Hank Schrader
13-09-2015, 01:03 PM
He played up front. Has a long way to go before he's an end product.

You cannot possibly make that judgement based on a 20 minute substitute appearance.

ahibby
13-09-2015, 01:05 PM
You cannot possibly make that judgement based on a 20 minute substitute appearance.

I just did?

marinello59
13-09-2015, 01:06 PM

That's all it takes for some on here.

ahibby
13-09-2015, 01:11 PM

Here we go again, people getting verbal for having an opinion. Okay I don't have an opinion and whatever you guys think must by default be right.

Michael
13-09-2015, 01:13 PM
I just did?

As I recall, Scott Allan was quiet in his first few games.

Mind you, so was Alan O'Brien.

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2015, 01:22 PM

Many make their mind up in less than 20 minutes.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2015, 01:25 PM
He looked a bit rusty but that's too be expected.

Couldn't fault his effort though, moved well and was always keen to be involved and showing for the ball. He made one lovely run down the left and made space for himself but one of our midfielders, genuinely can't remember who, never spotted the run and the ball went elsewhere. As already mentioned he showed one lovely turn of foot and beat a man with ease, his final ball was the right one too, low and hard across the box but it was well defended.

Hard to judge him on a 20 minute cameo against a team who played with 11 men behind the ball for 93 minutes but I saw enough to suggest he'll be a useful player to have about the place.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Looks like he might be a useful addition to me, that's about all I could summise in such a brief spell.

Iain G
13-09-2015, 01:31 PM

No its too late by then, you must judge before he has even kicked a ball so you can say you knew best later in the season if it doesnt work out ;-)

Speedy
13-09-2015, 01:31 PM

In fairness, someone asked for an opinion based on 20 minutes and they got one.

If people aren't allowed an opinion we might as well delete the thread.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2015, 01:33 PM
I'd say my views were pretty much in the wage thief/quality player/Russell-Latapy-obviously-once-rode-Gary-Coleman mainstream.

jgl07
13-09-2015, 01:37 PM
As I recall, Scott Allan was quiet in his first few games.

Mind you, so was Alan O'Brien.

Rubbish! He scored the winner at Tynecastle.

Michael
13-09-2015, 01:41 PM

What? :confused: Who did? When?

BoomtownHibees
13-09-2015, 01:45 PM

I must have missed that

The Sundance Kid
13-09-2015, 01:46 PM

It was Brian Kerr who scored the winner at Tynecastle, Alan O'Brien never scored for Hibs

Pretty Boy
13-09-2015, 01:48 PM
It was Brian Kerr who scored the winner at Tynecastle, Alan O'Brien never scored for Hibs

I just had a look at O'Brien on Wikipedia and was stunned to see he made 53 appearances for Hibs.

I literally can't remember a single thing he done for us apart from overrunning the ball when clear at Tynecastle on his debut and setting up a goal v Celtic. The other 51 appearances must have been wiped from my memory.

Roxyhibee
13-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I thought there were definite signs of a quick thinking, energetic player who did show that dynamic burst into the box to make space, which is something every team wants from a striker and which could be very useful to us this season.

i've no idea if he's 'ready' or not - I suspect it will indeed take a few (injury free, please..!) games to get him into it. But his potential is obvious given where he is and what people in the game say about him. Let's just pray he starts to enjoy playing for us and Stubbs - and we can maybe have a really memorable season from him....

Spike Mandela
13-09-2015, 01:51 PM
First thoughts................he's ****ing tiny!

iwasthere1972
13-09-2015, 01:52 PM
I just had a look at O'Brien on Wikipedia and was stunned to see he made 53 appearances for Hibs.

I literally can't remember a single thing he done for us apart from overrunning the ball when clear at Tynecastle on his debut and setting up a goal v Celtic. The other 51 appearances must have been wiped from my memory.

Remember he was Ivan on a motorbike so maybe just too quick for the eye. Came with so much promise but never delivered.

Jim44
13-09-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't have a scooby doo about this young guy's ability or potential, but I am slightly miffed that a player, who is being retained by Chelsea and is rated highly by Scottish international coaches, even after behavioural issues and disastrous loan spells with other clubs, can appear, even after only a 20 min. substitution, to be just another player who might or might not make it at the dizzy heights that we are challenging at, at the moment. I would have expected him to have displayed reasonably good potential, but then again, maybe his midweek distractions had an effect on his performance.

Smartie
13-09-2015, 02:00 PM
I don't have a scooby doo about this young guy's ability or potential, but I am slightly miffed that a player, who is being retained by Chelsea and is rated highly by Scottish international coaches, even after behavioural issues and disastrous loan spells with other clubs, can appear, even after only a 20 min. substitution, to be just another player who might or might not make it at the dizzy heights that we are challenging at, at the moment. I would have expected him to have displayed reasonably good potential, but then again, maybe his midweek distractions had an effect on his performance.

A bit harsh.

What would you really expect him to do?

He comes to us as a young guy with potential having never really had much (any?) first team football at any level.

He had a 20 minute cameo, not long after joining the club.

He looked a bit rusty (to be expected) but also showed a few nice touches (given his cv, also to be expected).

Somebody who wasn't at the game asked for opinions in how he did during his short time on the park.

Most folk seem to be in agreement that he did ok, didn't set the heather alight demanding a start in our next game yet nobody saying he was crap and should be binned.

Someone above mentioned Scott Allan above - clearly a good player even in his early games although he was very rusty, to be expected given how little football he's been playing. That was pretty much how I saw Feruz yesterday.

Too early to make a call on him either way really.

O'Rourke3
13-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Personally didn't see enough of him to be able to write him off already. Seems to have quick feet and able to play fast one-twos. Had a potential WCW effort in the 18 yd box but totally mistimed the volley. So needs time on the pitch to get back up to speed and clearly needs time with the others to learn about each other and where they like the ball played..

As a sidenote there were 3 or 4 more speculative efforts in the box from the mid field. Nice to see them trying hard to shoot.

SaulGoodman
13-09-2015, 02:31 PM

:hilarious:

tamig
13-09-2015, 02:32 PM
He never acknowledged the crowd at the end. Straight over to the dugout at the end, handshake with Stubbs and coaches and straight down the tunnel while the rest of the team applauded the crowd.

TheHarpy76
13-09-2015, 02:32 PM

So you think he's the end product now then?

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2015, 02:37 PM
He never acknowledged the crowd at the end. Straight over to the dugout at the end, handshake with Stubbs and coaches and straight down the tunnel while the rest of the team applauded the crowd.Malonga done the same and does every week, I couldn't care less if he does the job.

Wee Scottie Dug
13-09-2015, 02:42 PM

You could have just finished that post after the 1st 6 words :greengrin since you were not in attendance yesterday. It was a fairly lively 20 minutes he put in and I would have to agree with pretty boys earlier post - the early indications is that he has bags of potential contrary to your post. He showed for the ball a good few times made a couple of decent runs in behind and showed good strength to out-muscle his opponent in the play where he got to the bye line and then made a decent cut back that was defended well. As others have said not sufficient game time to make any judgement on the guy positive or negative, but I wouldn't write him off just yet!

Moulin Yarns
13-09-2015, 02:43 PM
On the ball he looks promising. Other times I thought he wandered. As free kicks were being set up he wandered away with his back to the ball not offering a quick pass.

Having said that I think he could be a good addition as an impact player.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2015, 02:44 PM

Can you explain what you sre talking about as I am lost? Are you saying he didn't display reasonably good potential during those 20 minutes? Or you weren't there and don't think he did from other posts about him?

J-C
13-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Can you explain what you sre talking about as I am lost? Are you saying he didn't display reasonably good potential during those 20 minutes? Or you weren't there and don't think he did from other posts about him?

I think he's saying he expected a hellova lot more from him and he looked like any other promising youngster, like Stanton etc and not someone from a huge club like Chelsea.

With that I'll give you the lad from Arsenal last season, U20 captain but was seemingly rank rotten.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2015, 02:52 PM

FFS how can you not remember the way he tracked his player back all the way to his own 18 yard line, and stop that Gretna player getting a cross in?

This place went wild with all the told you he was a good player all along brigade. :duck:

Northern Hibby
13-09-2015, 03:08 PM

His opinion can only be based on what he saw (20 minutes play)!

Ronniekirk
13-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Here we go again, people getting verbal for having an opinion. Okay I don't have an opinion and whatever you guys think must by default be right.

The issue is we all know he hasn't played any first teAm or international football for a while and he is still a young player learning his Trade.
Stubbs sees potential in him but knows there is a lot of work to be done with him .

no one expected him to be in immediate contention for a regular first team place so I think the time to start judging him properly could well be another six weeks down the line .Stubbs saying he can finish with both feet so think he needs to get his confidence by playing games and learning from coaching staff . He is arrogant in his statements but the re were times yesterday he wasn't sure where to play and how he fitted in .As others have said turned his back on play at set pieces instead of looking for the quick pass .Clearly has lots to learn ,but I saw enough to think if he applies himself and is willing to learn and be a team player ,he has something to offer

Jim44
13-09-2015, 04:21 PM
You could have just finished that post after the 1st 6 words :greengrin since you were not in attendance yesterday. It was a fairly lively 20 minutes he put in and I would have to agree with pretty boys earlier post - the early indications is that he has bags of potential contrary to your post. He showed for the ball a good few times made a couple of decent runs in behind and showed good strength to out-muscle his opponent in the play where he got to the bye line and then made a decent cut back that was defended well. As others have said not sufficient game time to make any judgement on the guy positive or negative, but I wouldn't write him off just yet!

I think he's saying he expected a hellova lot more from him and he looked like any other promising youngster, like Stanton etc and not someone from a huge club like Chelsea.

With that I'll give you the lad from Arsenal last season, U20 captain but was seemingly rank rotten.

No I wasn't there and was reacting to suggestions that he was OK and might turn out to be a player. As J-C said, after all the hype and coming from Chelsea, I really was, maybe prematurely on reflection, expecting him to hit the ground running albeit a bit lacking in match fitness.

WoreTheGreen
13-09-2015, 04:46 PM

AOB will grace the hibs worst team every day of the week pretty sure he never scored but did once got a cross into the box only once

Borderhibbie76
13-09-2015, 04:53 PM
He never acknowledged the crowd at the end. Straight over to the dugout at the end, handshake with Stubbs and coaches and straight down the tunnel while the rest of the team applauded the crowd.

neither did Dom but then he never does

Borderhibbie76
13-09-2015, 04:56 PM
No I wasn't there and was reacting to suggestions that he was OK and might turn out to be a player. As J-C said, after all the hype and coming from Chelsea, I really was, maybe prematurely on reflection, expecting him to hit the ground running albeit a bit lacking in match fitness.

no offence but you werent at match so how can u possibly be writing the guy off already? I was there and thought he displayed promise for his first,brief appearance

HoboHarry
13-09-2015, 04:59 PM
So he should have made a superstar debut even though he has come from Chelsea reserves and he isn't match fit? Errr, aye ok then.......

Jim44
13-09-2015, 05:50 PM
no offence but you werent at match so how can u possibly be writing the guy off already? I was there and thought he displayed promise for his first,brief appearance

So he should have made a superstar debut even though he has come from Chelsea reserves and he isn't match fit? Errr, aye ok then.......

If you look at what I've said on this thread, nowhere have I written him off, neither have I suggested I expected a superstar. I reacted to someone else's opinion. I did say that, based on a lot of what I had read about him, I had expected ( admittedly prematurely) him to be more than a promising youngster. If I'm at fault here, it's nothing more than wrongly reading something into someone else's opinion.

IanM
13-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Wasn't at the game yesterday but my pals laddie plays for Hearts and he told me we have some player in Islam. He's seen him on quite a few occasions when he was with Celtic when he was watching his laddie in the development games and for Scotland youth and couldn't have been anymore complimentary about him.

To the fact he was quite annoyed Hearts didn't try get in there first.

Doesn't seem to think anything that he's done off the field (apart from last weeks) is actually that bad and thinks if he had left for Chelsea from any other club bar Celtic his name wouldn't be in the papers. The fact Celtic and their fans took it personally has influenced some areas of the media.

Says he also stood out miles ahead of anyone else on the park when he seen him play.

Excited to see him play myself.

Matty_Jack04
13-09-2015, 07:14 PM

But Andy Dow made the same journey and scored against hearts on his debut....

Feruz will do well....given time

HoboHarry
13-09-2015, 07:29 PM
But Andy Dow made the same journey and scored against hearts on his debut....

Feruz will do well....given time
I agree completely. I sort of expect that come the end of the season we will be hoping/wishing that we could sign him on a permanent basis. I was just railing against the fact that anyone would be daft enough to form an opinion against a young laddie who played 20 minutes in a game they didn't even attend.

whiskyhibby
13-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Thought Feruz did fine yesterday, looked strong on the ball, bit of skill and lots more to come that's for sure

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2015, 04:26 PM
i reckon feruz will want to extend his loan period at ER if chelsea are relegated this season

:)

Prof. Shaggy
14-09-2015, 05:24 PM
i reckon feruz will want to extend his loan period at ER if chelsea are relegated this season

Get this on the good news thread.

Quick!:aok:

Bristolhibby
14-09-2015, 07:29 PM
In fairness, someone asked for an opinion based on 20 minutes and they got one.

If people aren't allowed an opinion we might as well delete the thread.

And Hibs.net while we are at it.

J

jacomo
15-09-2015, 04:54 PM

Their fans were singing 'we are staying up' at Everton, obviously think they've got enough to pull themselves out of trouble.

:wink:

Forza Fred
15-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Chelsea are a huge club, but that does not mean every player they have under their umbrella is necessarily going to make it.

Their strategy, probably because they can afford it is to sign lots of players, and see if they develop, unlike some other teams who would watch their development in lower grades, without having to pay their wages for a huge squad.

Believe it or not Chelsea currently have 33, yes 33 players out on loan.

Common sense would suggest that not everyone of them is going to go on and make it in full time football at a high level.

Moral of the sorry.....Just because someone is 'attached' to Chelsea, does not mean he may turn out to be less than average.

I could mention a previous player we got from Chelsea but don't want to start a thread that rivals Deeks:greengrin

IanM
15-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Chelsea are a huge club, but that does not mean every player they have under their umbrella is necessarily going to make it.

Their strategy, probably because they can afford it is to sign lots of players, and see if they develop, unlike some other teams who would watch their development in lower grades, without having to pay their wages for a huge squad.

Common sense would suggest that not everyone of them is going to go on and make it in full time football at a high level.

Moral of the sorry.....Just because someone is 'attached' to Chelsea, does not mean he may turn out to be less than average.

I could mention a previous player we got from Chelsea but don't want to start a thread that rivals Deeks:greengrin

Unrelated but Juventus have 47 out on loan. Actually think it is 50 now but defo at least 47

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2015, 08:49 PM

Joe Keenan, Felipe or Crunchie?

Forza Fred
15-09-2015, 08:56 PM

Ok, your fault, no mine

Makalamby

Forza Fred
15-09-2015, 08:58 PM

And we never got Keenan from Chelsea.

He was playing out here in Oz, had just been on trial with the Newcastle Jets, who decided not to sign him, and the next thing I read Mixu had signed him!

bigwheel
15-09-2015, 09:05 PM
And we never got Keenan from Chelsea.

He was playing out here in Oz, had just been on trial with the Newcastle Jets, who decided not to sign him, and the next thing I read Mixu had signed him!

Do we have to talk about Keenan ...this is a football forum [emoji2]

J-C
15-09-2015, 10:32 PM

It wasn't me that said that about Feruz and Chelsea, read my post again, I was making an assumption on another members post just to clarify what I thought he was meaning. I'm with you in that just because he's with Chelsea doesn't mean he's world class potential, I give you the lad from Arsenal last the season before Daniel Boateng, their U20 captain, he was honking by all accounts.

Ryan69
16-09-2015, 05:05 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this young man!

I can't understand the people knocking him already...it's ridiculous!

The guy has bags of potential....and has a lot to prove!

Stubbsy has a good record with younger players,and may just be the man to sort this guy out and brings the potential out!

Give Islam a few games....and I can see him being an exceptional player for us this season!

We have punched above our weight in bringing someone like him to the championship......but at the same time if he can't stand out in the 2nd tier of Scottish football,he will never succeed at Chelsea!

Have patience and believe in our management team is what I say!

Salt N Sauzee
16-09-2015, 07:41 AM

Hardly the end of the world!

That stuff shouldn't bother folk, it's a nice gesture from the players who do it but it's not manditory, as long as they win they can do what they want!

I'd only be bothered about it if we were away to Inverness or something for a midweek game, got horsed 6-0 and none of the players acknowledged the effort of the travelling fans.

Ozyhibby
16-09-2015, 07:55 AM
We are not scoring nearly enough goals. If this guy can fix that then that's all that matters. I don't need him to wave to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R'Albin
16-09-2015, 12:08 PM

This is symptomatic of the home-grown players rule. The idea being that they sign a load of young guys and at least a few of them will be talented enough to be in and around the first team squad in a few years. How many are home-growns are required for Europe again?

jgl07
16-09-2015, 12:49 PM
This is symptomatic of the home-grown players rule. The idea being that they sign a load of young guys and at least a few of them will be talented enough to be in and around the first team squad in a few years. How many are home-growns are required for Europe again?
You don't require any.

However the Champions' League squad, I think, is restricted to 17 non home-grown players. You can add a further 4 association trained players and 4 club trained players. In addition to the above a number of under-21 players provided that they have been with the club for two years or more.

A lot of the Chelsea loanees are neither club-trained nor association-trained. Islam Feruz comes to mind. He started with Celtic and hence he was trained within the Scottish FA.

MWHIBBIES
16-09-2015, 01:44 PM
We are not scoring nearly enough goals. If this guy can fix that then that's all that matters. I don't need him to wave to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk2-0 and 3-0 in the last 2 games and we aren't scoring nearly enough? When you take into account the negative approach 8 of the 9 other teams in the division take against us we're scoring plenty. I'd take 1-0 wins every week.

Craig_HFC
16-09-2015, 01:50 PM
You don't require any.

However the Champions' League squad, I think, is restricted to 17 non home-grown players. You can add a further 4 association trained players and 4 club trained players. In addition to the above a number of under-21 players provided that they have been with the club for two years or more.

A lot of the Chelsea loanees are neither club-trained nor association-trained. Islam Feruz comes to mind. He started with Celtic and hence he was trained within the Scottish FA.

I think you qualify as 'club trained' (in respect of the CL squads) if you've been with the club for 3 years between the ages of 15-21. I reckon Feruz qualifies (or will qualify) as a 'homegrown' player who's been trained by Chelsea.

Cod Boy
16-09-2015, 05:01 PM
starts for the development team tonight

blaikie
16-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Scored a cracker for the Development team apprently

Coco Bryce
18-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Turned up for the game in an £80k Porsche, he wasn't driving though as he's currently banned :greengrin

Jim44
18-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Turned up for the game in an £80k Porsche, he wasn't driving though as he's currently banned :greengrin

They'll be queuing up for a shot as his chauffeur. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2015, 05:04 AM
They'll be queuing up for a shot as his chauffeur. :greengrin

It's part the Hibs match day experience (platinum price bracket)

Heisenberg
20-09-2015, 09:14 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pal-hibs-star-islam-feruz-6479797#ICID=sharebar_twitter

They are getting really desperate....

Onceinawhile
20-09-2015, 09:26 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pal-hibs-star-islam-feruz-6479797#ICID=sharebar_twitter

They are getting really desperate....

'We are close family friends' such close friends the boy is selling nonsense stories to that rag. Ffs the boy needs to be left in peace.

Thecat23
20-09-2015, 11:37 AM
The Daily Record 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Note to everyone on here don't buy and don't click any Daily Record links and your life will be a lot happier 😃👍🏼

silverhibee
20-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Glad to see he now has a chauffeur. :greengrin