PDA

View Full Version : Match Goals v Alloa

Billy
12-09-2015, 11:01 PM
The match goals are on Hibs TV for all to see: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Extended highlights are also up for Hibs TV Subscribers.

Onceinawhile
12-09-2015, 11:19 PM
3rd goal is really well worked.

Peevemor
12-09-2015, 11:26 PM
I thought it was tight when watching this afternoon, but now I'm convinced that Cummings was just offside for the first.

Great corner for the third.

--------
13-09-2015, 08:18 AM
I thought it was tight when watching this afternoon, but now I'm convinced that Cummings was just offside for the first.

Great corner for the third.

It's awfully difficult to know just how the offside rule's supposed to be applied these days, but his back foot was well onside and the most of him was level with the defender and it looked as if only the front 2/3 of his head was in front of the last defender so on balance he would be considered onside.

If the date had been an odd number, on the other hand, or we had been playing SEVCO, he'd have been sent off.

brog
13-09-2015, 12:27 PM
It's awfully difficult to know just how the offside rule's supposed to be applied these days, but his back foot was well onside and the most of him was level with the defender and it looked as if only the front 2/3 of his head was in front of the last defender so on balance he would be considered onside.

If the date had been an odd number, on the other hand, or we had been playing SEVCO, he'd have been sent off.

I agree it was v tight but the lino was on the West Stand side so if JC had been clearly beyond the last defender it should have been an easy call for offside. I think you've called it right Doddie.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2015, 12:51 PM
3rd goal was really well worked, first looks just offside but was well worked regardless. Keeper has a bit of a mare for the 2nd but if you get shots on target at this level then mistakes like that will happen from keepers.

portycabbage
13-09-2015, 03:07 PM

I think the rule is that it's the furthest forward part of the body that can play the ball, so if any part of him (other than arms/hands) is beyond the last defender, then he's offside. Not that I'm even slightly bothered in this instance!

SunshineOnLeith
13-09-2015, 10:46 PM
3rd goal is really well worked.

Horrific part time defending as much as anything. Good alertness and opportunism from Hibs, the type of ruthlessness we lacked at times last season. Switch off against us and we'll score.

brog
14-09-2015, 10:03 AM
The match goals are on Hibs TV for all to see: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Extended highlights are also up for Hibs TV Subscribers.

Couple of thoughts re the 1st goal;
1. Wonderful skill by McGinn,
2. How was the Alloa player not booked for the late foul on him? Did the ref even notice?

One question, we have 2 left sided centre backs & now 2 left sided strikers. How is the latter combo working? I would have thought that JC & JK may have been making the same runs.

Craig_HFC
14-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Couple of thoughts re the 1st goal;
1. Wonderful skill by McGinn,
2. How was the Alloa player not booked for the late foul on him? Did the ref even notice?

One question, we have 2 left sided centre backs & now 2 left sided strikers. How is the latter combo working? I would have thought that JC & JK may have been making the same runs.

I think he was booked & the ref played advantage.