PDA

View Full Version : McGinn

bongo'd
12-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Didn't see a thread for the young man today but thought he deserved one. Hats off, thought he was outstanding. Composure on the ball, can shoot, pass, cross and gets stuck in. And he's only 20. Well played Hibs for getting him on a 4 year deal..... Well played

tamig
12-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Didn't see a thread for the young man today but thought he deserved one. Hats off, thought he was outstanding. Composure on the ball, can shoot, pass, cross and gets stuck in. And he's only 20. Well played Hibs for getting him on a 4 year deal..... Well played

Plenty good comments about him on the match update thread. Getting better with every game.

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Looking impressive so far, will only improve

Heisenberg
12-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Best signing we'll make for a long time.

Iceman1875
12-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Will be a future Hibs captain

At Easter Road we play...

matty_f
12-09-2015, 09:38 PM
He's a joy to watch. Only going to get better, too. Great signing.

Hibs Class
12-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Very direct player, keen to get on the ball, defends well. Our best player this season so far.

S4uzee
12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
He genuinely looks happy to be here which is good. Not afraid to have a shot either

HappyAsHellas
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Late on in the second half when we were 3 up, they broke from our corner and he was back in Lewis's position knocking the ball back to Oxley. Reads the game well, tries to make forward passes which don't always work out (age), but this is one talented footballer we have. Definite future captain, what a signing.

Sir David Gray
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Leeann Dempster deserves a medal for getting him signed up on a four year contract.

He's a fantastic talent and whilst it's a bit difficult to guage his standard of play in a match against Alloa, there's no doubt the guy's a fantastic prospect.

SON OF PADDY
12-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Tremendous signing
Can't believe he's a Hibby !!

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Very good addition to the squad, this boy works hard and can play! Delighted with how he's played since he arrived.

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 10:11 PM
I've been a bit undecided about him but I thought he was excellent today along with Henderson who was also good.

Jones28
Better than Scott Allan imo

AFKA5814_Hibs
Very good player. Delighted to have him on such a long deal, great deal for the club cause he'll go on to better things.

IberianHibernian
12-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Great player and signing . Given length of contract unless he gets a bad injury he`ll get us a good transfer fee when when / if he leaves and hopefully he`ll continue to impress and be with us for many years . Almost exactly 30 years ago I went to an Atletico Madrid v Celtic European Cup Winners Cup match in Madrid ( the first and only time I`ve been to a match in Calderon ) . It was only a few months after Heysel disaster and subsequent ban on English clubs in Europe so Scottish clubs recommended no fans to travel and Celtic fans obeyed since of 9 fans in away section / box ( stadium was full ) 3 were Hibbies ( me and 2 I met that night - anyone here there that night ? ) and only 1 had Celtic colours on . McGInn connection was that his grandfather who I think was Celtic`s president or similar at the time came over at half time and shook hands with " Celtic fans " explaining reasons for passport checks etc after Heysel . Was a real gentleman and certainly listened to Hibernian fans present there that night . He`ll certainly be proud to know that his grandson is playing for the famous Hibernian .

HFC07
12-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Really impressed with this young lad today between him and Henderson I thought they bossed the midfield.

CraigHibee
12-09-2015, 10:55 PM
great player and he took his goal well too, he enjoyed it!

must say i think he will be a massive player for us and I'm delighted we have him on a 4 year deal:thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-09-2015, 12:26 AM
Motm by an utter distance today. Far better than McGeough, who was actually announced as motm

lord bunberry
13-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Motm by an utter distance today. Far better than McGeough, who was actually announced as motm
I think it's a certainty that McGeough will get man of the match every week, it's like when Latapy was here :greengrin

Libby Hibby
13-09-2015, 06:07 AM
For the 1st time in a few weeks there could've been a few MOM's...McGinn, McGeoch, Bartley and perhaps Henderson were all worthy of the accolade yesterday.

Not much between them all.

HibbyKeith
13-09-2015, 06:19 AM
What about his corners?! Dont think we've had anyone take a corner like that since David Zitelli.

Whipped in with pace and had the keeper flapping a number of times. I bet Farid can't wait to be in the box for some of those.

ACLeith
13-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Looking forward to seeing how we perform as individuals and a team against Aberdeen. Even if we lose that will be more important and an excellent performance - which I fully expect - will give us the confidence to crack on in the league, with nothing to fear.

And having a decent number if bums on seats will help as well!

B.H.F.C
13-09-2015, 07:49 AM
He put 3 or 4 great crosses in.

Good goal. We need to see the likes of him scoring regularly.

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-09-2015, 08:23 AM
What about his corners?! Dont think we've had anyone take a corner like that since David Zitelli.

Whipped in with pace and had the keeper flapping a number of times. I bet Farid can't wait to be in the box for some of those.

Talking about Farid, when's he back?

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

erin go bragh
13-09-2015, 03:13 PM

I can see him scoring direct from a corner . Sparky could also zip them in but I'd say McGinns are better .

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2015, 03:16 PM
I can see him scoring direct from a corner . Sparky could also zip them in but I'd say McGinns are better .

GGTTHGriffiths corners were awful despite him scoring from one, Cairneys were far better.

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2015, 06:33 PM

GGTTH

Much prefer zipped corners as opposed to the floated ones without pace......

poolman
13-09-2015, 07:12 PM
I think it's a certainty that McGeough will get man of the match every week, it's like when Latapy was here :greengrin

Aye, we used to call it the Russell Latapy MOTM award 😀

whiskyhibby
13-09-2015, 07:32 PM
He put 3 or 4 great crosses in.

Good goal. We need to see the likes of him scoring regularly.

It was a cracking goal, took his time, no panic and then fizzed it onto the net

JimBHibees
14-09-2015, 02:04 PM

Exactly what I was thinking after the game he will score loads from they corners when he gets back in the team. The number of times we either missed the header, or put it too high when getting first to the ball was incredible on Saturday.

Smartie
14-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Exactly what I was thinking after the game he will score loads from they corners when he gets back in the team. The number of times we either missed the header, or put it too high when getting first to the ball was incredible on Saturday.

:agree:

You could see Jordon Forster getting into double figures the way he attacks the ball as well, instead of "Fontaine 50 pence heid" who missed another one on Saturday.

The_Horde
14-09-2015, 02:46 PM
:agree:

You could see Jordon Forster getting into double figures the way he attacks the ball as well, instead of "Fontaine 50 pence heid" who missed another one on Saturday.

The difference is, Fontaine 50p heed will consistently miss. But he'll be there to try.

Forster might score a couple but he generally only plays a couple too.

Greencore
14-09-2015, 02:47 PM
And some people actually wanted Kevin Thomson back before we signed McGinn.

MWHIBBIES
14-09-2015, 03:22 PM
And some people actually wanted Kevin Thomson back before we signed McGinn.I'd take prime Thomson over any of our current midfielders. Even after 4 leg breaks he is captaining a good Dundee team.

The_Horde
14-09-2015, 03:28 PM
I'd take prime Thomson over any of our current midfielders. Even after 4 leg breaks he is captaining a good Dundee team.

Is Mcpake not captain?

MWHIBBIES
14-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Is Mcpake not captain?
Thomson signed for newly promoted Scottish Premiership (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premiership) club Dundee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_F.C.) in May 2014. Shortly after his arrival he was appointed club captain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_(association_football)) by manager Paul Hartley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hartley).