PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone interested in making/funding a Newport fans welcome banner?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Its the least we can do! :-)

Northernhibee
12-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Having a banner made up mocking your team takes away the fear of having a banner made up mocking your team.

Probably in poor taste though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2015, 04:33 PM
You wouldn't do it for David Banner, it would just make him angry!

Keith_M
12-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Having a banner made up mocking your team takes away the fear of having a banner made up mocking your team.

Probably in poor taste though.

I have a feeling he's not actually serious

:wink:

Northernhibee
12-09-2015, 04:47 PM
I have a feeling he's not actually serious

:wink:

I put that in in case anyone gets offended and I can run away giggling in a mischevious manner :greengrin

https://media.giphy.com/media/b98WtVUn1A2L6/giphy.gif

Jack Hackett
12-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I put that in in case anyone gets offended and I can run away giggling in a mischevious manner :greengrin

:faf:

As a mature person I know I shouldn't, but the more I watch that, the harder I laugh...utterly surreal

hibees 7062
12-09-2015, 05:23 PM

:greengrin Superb

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Its a tough one this. I'm happy to let Newport fans who are genuinely trying to get away from Butcher into Easter Road. But how do you tell the difference between them and the ones who are only coming for a better standard of seat or better pies?

Springbank
12-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Its a tough one this. I'm happy to let Newport fans who are genuinely trying to get away from Butcher into Easter Road. But how do you tell the difference between them and the ones who are only coming for a better standard of seat or better pies?

For every genuine Newport fan there's a Maurice Malpas trying to work his ticket

Centre Hawf
12-09-2015, 11:46 PM

They're coming to the wrong place if that's what they're after.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2015, 11:52 PM
They're coming to the wrong place if that's what they're after.

That didn't take long ..... I think the pies are ok :greengrin

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Has there been any movement on that thread started by the hibee? Surely the penny is starting to drop.

PatHead
13-09-2015, 12:04 AM
Well I for one don't discount other club's fans assessment of our great leader and teacher Terry ( he of the bandaged head ) Butcher
because
a) the Worcester fans were spot on about Boddy
b) the Cheltenham fans were uncannily on the ball about Taylor, and.....
c) the Hibs fans are sadly looking pretty accurate in their predictions so far

I happen to think that the aforementioned fans are not necessarily WUM's or mischief-makers and that while they may have an axe to grind about Butcher, that doesn't necessarily stop them being right.

Imho, if we fail to gather any points in the next couple of games , he should have the decency to fall on his sword before he kills us - with the steadily falling gates, we're haemorrhaging badly anyway.

From Newport site

PatHead
13-09-2015, 12:05 AM
and

Hibs fan wrote:Couple of things just to check if he is still applying his standard approach.

Has he got rid of any captain/leader types that may dare to question him?

Is he still getting everyone to play the ball into the corners with the aim of winning throw ins and corners?

Is there any talk of Maurice Malpas coming down to assist him?

Your first point is most pertinent and the reason why we've lost so many points this season, Something that many fans identified weeks ago .....

The football has actually been ok and we've already got one Malpas in Newport .......

But the lack of leadership is embarrassing ....

Bostonhibby
13-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Well I for one don't discount other club's fans assessment of our great leader and teacher Terry ( he of the bandaged head ) Butcher
because
a) the Worcester fans were spot on about Boddy
b) the Cheltenham fans were uncannily on the ball about Taylor, and.....
c) the Hibs fans are sadly looking pretty accurate in their predictions so far

I happen to think that the aforementioned fans are not necessarily WUM's or mischief-makers and that while they may have an axe to grind about Butcher, that doesn't necessarily stop them being right.

Imho, if we fail to gather any points in the next couple of games , he should have the decency to fall on his sword before he kills us - with the steadily falling gates, we're haemorrhaging badly anyway.

From Newport site

Interesting post, I genuinely feel for the majority of their fans, they probably deserve better given some of what they have been through before the messiah arrived. The one real problem they are going to have is ditching him if the contract he was given is as long as suggested on the butcher watch thread - he will eek out every last penny like he did with Hibs. Falling on his sword? Hmm, wonder if the bookies are giving any odds on him actually resigning.