PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ECKERSLEY SIGNS FOR HIBS

RSS Bot
11-09-2015, 02:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5689)

WellingtonHibby
11-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Hmm

Diclonius
11-09-2015, 02:22 PM
A good signing.

pontius pilate
11-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Good signing by the club experience and competition for the left back berth

GlasgowHibee
11-09-2015, 02:24 PM
A solid signing.

SteveHFC
11-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Happy with that

Brightside
11-09-2015, 02:29 PM
I thought he was a poor player at Hearts.

Hannah_hfc
11-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Was this out the blue?

Decent signing!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
11-09-2015, 02:30 PM

Seem to recall him putting in a good performance in the 1-1 at ER.

Oscar T Grouch
11-09-2015, 02:31 PM
A bit of competition for LB, don't think he is better than Lewis, but I only seen him play a few games for the puddledrinkers. It does mean that we won't need to use a CB at LB now (if LS gets injured), I assume the coaching staff don't reckon the young laddie is ready to step up to the first team?

erin go bragh
11-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Happy to have another left back . Welcome to Hibs Adam .

GGTTH

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-09-2015, 02:32 PM
i will reserve my judgement but if anything he is only a back up encase lewy gets injured

GGTTH

Vault Boy
11-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Glad we have another proven left back on the books. Welcome, Adam.

steve75
11-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Could be a good signing.

From what I've seen I'd say he's a worse defender and worse passer than Stevenson, but seems to be much better at getting into attacking positions and putting crosses in.

jdships
11-09-2015, 02:37 PM
From what I heard ,this morning ,from one of my mates who works at EM Stubbs missed out on two potential signings of a left back over the past weeks
Eckersley fills the bill as a short term/no risk replacement until at least January window
Wish him well !!

Hibernia&Alba
11-09-2015, 02:40 PM
It's more cover in defence, and he may be called upon. Could be an astute signing.

Pretty Boy
11-09-2015, 02:41 PM
A wee bit depth at LB seems good to me.

Hearts fan in my work describes his as a 'good player'.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Very decent.

3pm
11-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Is Crane injured? Hopefully he can be sent on loan to get experience fitness permitting.

Torto7062
11-09-2015, 02:46 PM
We can't fault the board now......Stubbsy has been well backed with signings....
Promotion is minimum requirement now

Jonnyboy
11-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Is Crane injured? Hopefully he can be sent on loan to get experience fitness permitting.

Yes. Metatarsal I believe.

3pm
11-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Yes. Metatarsal I believe.

Bollocks. Ah well, I was hoping this would have helped with his development.

TheHarpy76
11-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Think he can play at RB as well so a very decent addition to the squad imo.

Wilson
11-09-2015, 03:00 PM

No. Feet.

Hibernia&Alba
11-09-2015, 03:01 PM

Naw, it's in the foot.

3pm
11-09-2015, 03:02 PM
No. Feet.

Naw, it's in the foot.

Well done lads. Here all week?! :greengrin

Hibs History
11-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Was Eckersley the player what Boyle tore a new one during the last derby!?

Turkish Green
11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
A wee bit depth at LB seems good to me.

Hearts fan in my work describes his as a 'good player'.

I was told that Eckersley was a far superior defender that McTattie but was not given a contract by the yams for this season due to him carrying an injury.

A serious question: do Hibs have any full-time scouts? As most of the new boys can be filed under "I can do that, give's a job".

SunshineOnLeith
11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Short term deal, offers backup in a position where we don't have any. Fair enough.

Pete
11-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Promotion is minimum requirement now

If we miss out on the title I'm more than confident about the play offs. We have a decent squad now.

loving the Saviles reactions. This guy was part of the world beaters last year and they were disappointed when he was let go but now suddenly he's rubbish.

S4uzee
11-09-2015, 03:07 PM

And then tweeted him saying he had him on toast 😂

Hibs History
11-09-2015, 03:11 PM
And then tweeted him saying he had him on toast 

That's him!!

:greengrin

Pete
11-09-2015, 03:12 PM

I'm not going to worry about that happening again.

Smartie
11-09-2015, 03:13 PM
We're getting quite a lot of their cast-offs these days. We'll have Wayne Foster and Hans Eskillson playing up front for us by November at this rate.

(In all fairness, whilst he may not be the most exciting signing we certainly need cover for lb and he's a known quantity, having made a fairly significant contribution for the team that romped the league last year.)

Andy74
11-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Good signing. Squad pretty much complete for first time in a long time.

lyonhibs
11-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Not overly keen on signing a player that didn't sign on at Hearts because of wage issues (so what's he getting paid here?) and after the transfer window has closed.

Has a parfum of desperation about it.

Still, welcome to the light Adam and wish you all the very best :agree:

lucky
11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Not overly keen but he adds strength to our squad. But I do question Hibs scouting system.

SaulGoodman
11-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Not overly keen but he adds strength to our squad. But I do question Hibs scouting system.

Why? People wanted a LB, people got a LB.

How many out of contract LB's is there that know the league and the players?

Pete
11-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Don't like some of the language being used. "Cast off" implies that he wasn't good enough for hearts which wasn't the case. As for "desperation". Nah, give our management team some credit. "Opportunistic" is more like it.

Brightside
11-09-2015, 03:25 PM

Danny McGrain

Treadstone
11-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Short termism written all over this. Lazy scouting in my opinion.

Pete
11-09-2015, 03:31 PM
short termism written all over this. Lazy scouting in my opinion.

ffs.

Hibernia&Alba
11-09-2015, 03:32 PM

But we don't know how the decision to sign Eckersley was reached. I'm sure Stubbs would have also looked at other left back options but has decided that having someone proven and experienced at this level is better for the squad in the present context. Managers are paid to make judgement calls.

lucky
11-09-2015, 03:34 PM

I'm assuming your asking about the "scouting" question. For me Hibs signings have all been predictable. We were told that a new scouting operation was put in place but it appears we are signingplayers that have played within 50 miles of ER.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Good signing by the club experience and competition for the left back berth

Absolutely spot on. Improves the squad and possibly the team also.

Andy74
11-09-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm assuming your asking about the "scouting" question. For me Hibs signings have all been predictable. We were told that a new scouting operation was put in place but it appears we are signingplayers that have played within 50 miles of ER.

Are they good players though? What makes you think scouting is all about spotting players who are far away? It's about having a better recruitment process overall.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Are they good players though? What makes you think scouting is all about spotting players who are far away? It's about having a better recruitment process overall.

:agree: And also capable of playing at the level we are at. Eckersley fits the bill think he will do well, as gives up more of a physical presence in that area.

Treadstone
11-09-2015, 03:44 PM
But we don't know how the decision to sign Eckersley was reached. I'm sure Stubbs would have also looked at other left back options but has decided that having someone proven and experienced at this level is better for the squad in the present context. Managers are paid to make judgement calls.

Fair enough and I'm right behind the manager. This signing doesn't enthuse me however. Has a Fraser Mullen whiff about it. I'm assuming Eckersley hasn't been inundated with offers since he was let go.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Fair enough and I'm right behind the manager. This signing doesn't enthuse me however. Has a Fraser Mullen whiff about it. I'm assuming Eckersley hasn't been inundated with offers since he was let go.

He's way better than Mullen IMO. Solid can put a decent ball in and also not afraid to put a tackle in.

lyonhibs
11-09-2015, 03:50 PM
He's way better than Mullen IMO. Solid can put a decent ball in and also not afraid to put a tackle in.

As Callum Booth (or was it Sproule?) will testify, being afraid of "putting a tackle in" was not Mullen's issue.

Being pony was.

jacomo
11-09-2015, 03:54 PM

Tbf Boyle will do that to players when he's in the mood.

Lago
11-09-2015, 04:11 PM
I didn't.

Lago
11-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Rubbish!!!!

GreenArmy1875
11-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Maybe allows us to loan out the youngsters for experience now? Allows Stevenson to have a rest. Calm down people.

SaulGoodman
11-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Welcome to Hibs Scapegoa..

I mean, Adam

Iain G
11-09-2015, 04:35 PM

Well I hope you made a mint at the bookies betting on all those predictable signings we made. Some folks just want to have a dig at Hibs regardless of what they do.

lucky
11-09-2015, 04:36 PM

Most are ok, but are you telling me that there are not better players out with Scotland ?

Godsahibby
11-09-2015, 04:43 PM
I cant believe what I am reading on here from some folk saying this is a good signing. Do you not remember the games you saw him last season? I play golf with 2 Hearts season ticket holders, all year they talking about how poor he was.

We need a left back, we still havent got one and another wage going out for someone who I hope has only been brought in as cover!

Mark79
11-09-2015, 04:45 PM
He got emptied from the **** because he wanted double his £1600/£1800 a week salary. This from a development player at ****. He is also a billy big bars and rather than coach the young lads through games goes mental at them if they make mistakes.

That however doesn't mean he is a steady LB and dare I say it a better option than stevenson who is a bit limited.

Final position in team that needed cover.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 04:45 PM
I cant believe what I am reading on here from some folk saying this is a good signing. Do you not remember the games you saw him last season? I play golf with 2 Hearts season ticket holders, all year they talking about how poor he was.

We need a left back, we still havent got one and another wage going out for someone who I hope has only been brought in as cover!

Eckersley played virtually all season for the team that walked this league last year. He is a reasonable signing.

Gordy M
11-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Most are ok, but are you telling me that there are not better players out with Scotland ?

Maybe we have someone lined up for jan on a pre contract and so this signing is cover til then??

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Of course there are whether they would come to Hibs in the second league is another thing.

The Sundance Kid
11-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Pretty sure by the sounds of his interview on Hibs TV that he'll be off to America in January. Should provide us adequate cover until then though so quite happy with him signing.

Welcome to Hibs, Adam

Smartie
11-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Eckersley played virtually all season for the team that walked this league last year. He is a reasonable signing.

:agree:

We've now got the left-back that got in last year's division team of the year and also the one who played for the team that romped the league as cover.

That'll do me.

TBF the best left-back in the league is now Wallace - by a country mile - but it is unrealistic to expect us to get a player of his quality easily.

Andy74
11-09-2015, 04:49 PM

We've now got the left-back that got in last year's division team of the year and also the one who played for the team that romped the league as cover.

That'll do me.

TBF the best left-back in the league is now Wallace - by a country mile - but it is unrealistic to expect us to get a player of his quality easily.

Just said exactly the same on the other board. Two decent left backs by any measure in this league.

CB_NO3
11-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Many first team players do we have?

number9dream
11-09-2015, 05:27 PM
I'll reserve judgement on AE until I see him in action. However, his stunning Danish (maybe Swedish) wife / girlfriend is a very welcome addition to the Easter Road main stand. He is batting WAY above his average!

Hibernia&Alba
11-09-2015, 05:30 PM
I'll reserve judgement on AE until I see him in action. However, his stunning Danish (maybe Swedish) wife / girlfriend is a very welcome addition to the Easter Road main stand. He is batting WAY above his average!

Proof required :-)

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Great another hearts reject

mim
11-09-2015, 05:57 PM

He may not be good enough for the Premiership. We're not in the Premiership :wink:

Pretty Boy
11-09-2015, 05:58 PM
I honestly wonder why some folk bother supporting Hibs on here. They seem get literally no enjoyment from.it. If something pissed me off as much as Hibs do some on here I'd probably find another hobby.

That's 2 players who have yet to kick a ball for us been written off by the vocal minority who just love a moan.

stoneyburn hibs
11-09-2015, 06:01 PM

Keatings played well enough on his debut.

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Much rather have Eckersley than Swanson - McGeouch and McGinn offer far far more than Danny in midfield and Lewis needs that challenge for that LB berth - I think this is a great signing. When he played he was a hard **** - what we need at the back too.

Loving the Danny Swanson jambo stories in the media too :faf::faf::faf::faf: och Danny, come on........you can stop it now........'in the blood......:faf::faf::faf:'

Mind the three stories printed have been from 2 confirmed Jambo journos and a plastic one :greengrin

I'll lay a wager his old man will bury a Hibs top under the Main Stand......mind that'll be to prop it up, not to jinx it :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
I honestly wonder why some folk bother supporting Hibs on here. They seem get literally no enjoyment from.it. If something pissed me off as much as Hibs do some on here I'd probably find another hobby.

That's 2 players who have yet to kick a ball for us been written off by the vocal minority who just love a moan.

:top marks

No matter what the Club does, there are always groans of discontent from some, all rather tiresome......

SaulGoodman
11-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Wonder what people would say if he signed for Falkirk or someone

tamig
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM

I don't get that view at all. I posted on one of the summer transfer threads that I thought he was a decent player. Good defensively and going forward. Pitched in with a few goals too. I think hertz released him purely for financial reasons. What did you see of him at hertz that makes you view him as a poor player for them?

Pretty Boy
11-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Wonder what people would say if he signed for Falkirk or someone

'We missed out there'

'How come our scouting system missed him?'

'That's other teams strengthening again'

'And still we need a LB and a decent one signs for our rivals'

Libby Hibby
11-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Good solid signing.

Welcome to Hibernian Adam

tamig
11-09-2015, 06:23 PM

So two of their ST holders qualify them as good judges of a player?

CockneyRebel
11-09-2015, 06:28 PM

I think Feruz and Insall came from dan sarf - not exactly locals. -

emerald green
11-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Eckersley has only been signed on a short term contract until January.

Alan Stubbs said... "Adam strengthens our defensive options and adds competition for places in defence." That can only be a good thing surely?

Alfred E Newman
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
:top marks

No matter what the Club does, there are always groans of discontent from some, all rather tiresome......

You are spot on. They call themselves Hibs supporters but their main hobby seems to be putting the boot into the club. It's pathetic.

Hibernia&Alba
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Eckersley has only been signed on a short term contract until January.

Alan Stubbs said... "Adam strengthens our defensive options and adds competition for places in defence." That can only be a good thing surely?

You'd think so, aye.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Only really saw him in the matches against us, he looked fairly solid and was part of a defense that did not lose many goals.

He's either good cover for 6 months, or maybe someone who will make the spot his own?

Dan Sarf
11-09-2015, 06:44 PM

Oi! Nuffink to do wiv me guv!

Pretty Boy
Only really saw him in the matches against us, he looked fairly solid and was part of a defense that did not lose many goals.

He's either good cover for 6 months, or maybe someone who will make the spot his own?

That's exactly it.

We bring in a player our coaches and scouts have likely seen a dozen times or more. If he does well then great get him on a longer deal. If he's poor then no harm done, we say goodbye after the 4 months.

Would folk rather we signed another 'exotic' player like Kujabi or Zarabi on an 18 month deal.

Roxyhibee
Mate who is genuine honest Yam said he's a good signing and he liked him better than McHattie. Strong, aggressive and direct coming forward.

I'm perfectly happy signing an experienced left back who has played at a decent level most of his career and was in the team that last season strolled the league we are currently desperate to get out of..!

Surely an asset to our squad, especially if when he's forward down that left side, he can put regular balls in the box for our attackers - something which is currently woeful and frustrating to watch...

Lets welcome the guy ffs..!?

Thecat23
11-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Needed a LB got one. Part of a team who romped the league last season, so knows what's needed. Welcome to Hibs.

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 06:54 PM
That's exactly it.

We bring in a player our coaches and scouts have likely seen a dozen times or more. If he does well then great get him on a longer deal. If he's poor then no harm done, we say goodbye after the 4 months.

Would folk rather we signed another 'exotic' player like Kujabi or Zarabi on an 18 month deal.
I'd rather we didn't sign ex hearts players

Hibernia&Alba

In mitigation for the permanently unhappy we must recognise that being angry/scunnered is the natural setting of the Scottish temperament, and that's before you add in the need to remain cheerful whilst being a Hibs fan. Even the most indefatigable have moments of despair when trying to make sense of life in a meaningless universe where we are totally alone. A prolonged period in the abyss of existence (otherwise known as the Scottish Championship) has taken some beyond the point of no return in their existential journey, and these individuals are condemned to alternating between reading Samuel Beckett and posting on .net in the hope, however faint, that there is a way to retrieve peace of mind.

That's my theory anyway.

Sir David Gray
I'm happy enough to sign him until January. I said when the window closed last week that I felt we were one short in defence so that's sorted that out.

I'm very pleased with the quality of our squad now.

bingo70
11-09-2015, 06:57 PM

I just want us to get promoted.

Thecat23
11-09-2015, 06:58 PM

Why?

ancient hibee
11-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Why?

Obviously Lord Bunberry thinks we've got too many players like Willie Hamilton and Alan Gordon.

Pretty Boy
11-09-2015, 07:03 PM

Aye that boy Alan Gordon was pish apparently.

In the modern day Cummings hadn't been up to much either.

I couldn't care where a player comes from if they do a job for us.

Waxy
11-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Moaning about signings before they've kicked a ball for us.It's completely unfair and seems to be a regular occurrence within our support.
Perhaps it's a part of why we are where we are for now.Flippin annoying.

poolman
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Aye, neither was Willie Hamilton or Ralph Callaghan

Kato
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM
So two of their ST holders qualify them as good judges of a player?

I heard a rumour (pretty strong) that the two ST holders Godsahibby "plays golf with" are complete jambo clowns.

emerald green
11-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Obviously Lord Bunberry thinks we've got too many players like Willie Hamilton and Alan Gordon.

If only we had. Those two were exceptional football players.

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2015, 07:12 PM
we needed a left back as lewis was only one in squad...stubbsy has gone out and signed one who did a job in this league last year. Dont understand some folk on here...to be fair dont really want to either. Stubbs has played a blinder in this window...certainly imo the best hibs squad since Mowbray days...regardless of what league we r in. Over to you now guys...get us back where we need to be...

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 07:13 PM
I scored for Hearts in a fives competition v Hibs and Celtic aged 14.......I might need to seek an exorcism according to some posts on here :greengrin

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 07:14 PM

Cummings has never played for hearts in his life. And Gordon wasn't signed after being released by hearts. If this guy plays then he will get the same backing from me that every other player gets, I just don't like us signing players that they've deemed not good enough.

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 07:15 PM
I scored for Hearts in a fives competition v Hibs and Celtic aged 14.......I might need to seek an exorcism according to some posts on here :greengrin
ltyf :greengrin

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Why?
Because they played for hearts

emerald green
Cummings has never played for hearts in his life. And Gordon wasn't signed after being released by hearts. If this guy plays then he will get the same backing from me that every other player gets, I just don't like us signing players that they've deemed not good enough.

Does that also include Keatings?

truehibernian
ltyf :greengrin

I feel dirty now LB :greengrin

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Does that also include Keatings?
Yes

lord bunberry
11-09-2015, 07:20 PM
I feel dirty now LB :greengrin
:greengrin

hibees 7062
11-09-2015, 07:20 PM

LTYF :greengrin

Godsahibby
11-09-2015, 07:21 PM
I heard a rumour (pretty strong) that the two ST holders Godsahibby "plays golf with" are complete jambo clowns.

Rumours probably started by me, I couldn't disagree with the jambo clowns bit. Not bad golfers mind you. They did watch the guy most weeks so probably in a decent position to rate a player.

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 07:22 PM
LTYF :greengrin

Double exorcism :greengrin

Squealing pig
11-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Welcome

Hibeewilly
11-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Stubbsy has identified that Lewis is a weak link now despite his undoubted devotion to the cause. No sentiment now. Well done Alan. Lets see if the lad can improve us in that position

Baldy Foghorn
11-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Stubbsy has identified that Lewis is a weak link now despite his undoubted devotion to the cause. No sentiment now. Well done Alan. Lets see if the lad can improve us in that position

How?

Billy Whizz
11-09-2015, 07:56 PM

I'm not sure it's so much a weakness, more that Lewis likes to get forward a lot. Think Lewis is good in a 352, not so sure in a 442

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 07:59 PM
How?

:faf::faf::faf: exactly BF.......Lewis has been arguably the most consistent player the last 3 seasons.......yes he has his detractors but Stubbs isn't one of them.

I recently looked at all the SPFL left backs and their stats........very few came close to Lewis, albeit a league down (but with Hearts and The Rangers)

I'd love to see the guys who slag Lewy to train with him one day

Alfred E Newman
11-09-2015, 07:59 PM

Almost everyone on here have been highlighting the fact that we have no cover at left back other than moving central defenders . Stubbs has acknowledged that and brought in some short term cover. It's got nothing to do with Stevensons ability.

tamig
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Yes

Eckersley was financial though. Nothing to do with "not good enough."

tamig
11-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Rumours probably started by me, I couldn't disagree with the jambo clowns bit. Not bad golfers mind you. They did watch the guy most weeks so probably in a decent position to rate a player.

I find a lot of their fans don't have a good rounded view of the game. A lot are very blinkered and tend to get lost in discussions about games and players who have nothing to do with their own club.

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2015, 08:35 PM

Amazing assumption from you and total pish in my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
11-09-2015, 08:39 PM
:faf::faf::faf: exactly BF.......Lewis has been arguably the most consistent player the last 3 seasons.......yes he has his detractors but Stubbs isn't one of them.

I recently looked at all the SPFL left backs and their stats........very few came close to Lewis, albeit a league down (but with Hearts and The Rangers)

I'd love to see the guys who slag Lewy to train with him one day

Eckersley is injured for another couple of weeks, yes that says AS thinks Lewis is the weakest link:aok:.....Some have not got a scooby and wonder if they watch games with their eyes closed............

lucky
11-09-2015, 08:44 PM

Feruz was well known and Insall is not a 1st team player but hopefully turns out to be a gem

Sir David Gray
11-09-2015, 08:49 PM

He really hasn't identified any such thing.

If Stevenson is such a liability, why is it that every manager we've had over the last 10 years (and we've had quite a few) has had him down as one of the first names on the teamsheet?

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 08:52 PM
If there's no injuries involved this could be a good signing. It's a proper full back; so welcome

eastterrace
11-09-2015, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Trig;4463949]He really hasn't identified any such thing.

If Stevenson is such a liability, why is it that every manager we've had over the last 10 years (and we've had quite a few) has had him down as one of the first names on the teamsheet?[/

Alex Trager
11-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Stewart saying AE is better than this new gadj they have at LB

B.H.F.C
11-09-2015, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Trig;4463949]He really hasn't identified any such thing.

If Stevenson is such a liability, why is it that every manager we've had over the last 10 years (and we've had quite a few) has had him down as one of the first names on the teamsheet?[/

Everybody always says that but not every manager in the last 10 years has

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 08:55 PM
He really hasn't identified any such thing.

If Stevenson is such a liability, why is it that every manager we've had over the last 10 years (and we've had quite a few) has had him down as one of the first names on the teamsheet?
He's not a weak link but some people who will probably never manage hibs need to polarise on it so it's maybe healthier to let them?

AlbertK86
11-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Stewart saying AE is better than this new gadj they have at LB

Bet Eckersley can throw a better punch 😜

Seem to think I read that keatings and Eckersley were quite pally

Think he is a solid signing who can shoot and cross better than Lewis but will need to bide his time

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-09-2015, 09:11 PM

My jambo mates have always stated that he's an excellent defender. Last season, when they released him and again after today's news

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Stubbsy has identified that Lewis is a weak link now despite his undoubted devotion to the cause. No sentiment now. Well done Alan. Lets see if the lad can improve us in that positionOr he is just smart enough to know if Lewis gets injured we don't have another left back.

H18S NX
11-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Happy with this signing.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2015, 10:27 PM
A huge(literally) Hearts fan whose posts I have the misfortune to see in Facebook is posting tonight that LB is a problem for Hearts and Eckersley is 10 x the player that the current incumbent is.

superfurryhibby
11-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Aye, neither was Willie Hamilton or Ralph Callaghan

My personal favourites were Donald Park, Malcolm Robertson and Jim Brown!:greengrin

Happy that we've signed Eckersley. We need competition and cover on the left. The squad had more balance than last season and I think we have the players to mount q challenge. It needs to start this weekend and I'm confident a good victory will see our season ignite.

Wee Scottie Dug
11-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Why have our chums at the bbc got a picture of Anier at the top of their article on eckersley signing - don't they do research? :greengrin

Forza Fred
11-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Eckersley is injured for another couple of weeks, yes that says AS thinks Lewis is the weakest link:aok:.....Some have not got a scooby and wonder if they watch games with their eyes closed............

If indeed he IS injured, then why would we sign him for 'short term cover'

Appears being injured is a pre requisite for being offered a contract!

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 12:02 AM
Because they played for hearts

Come on LB, I thought you were a grown man, so anyone who's played for them isn't welcome according to you? Keatings will be a very good player I've no doubt. I couldn't care less where players came from soon as they sign for us they are HIBS players! I'd take Walker, Nicholson and King as well btw.

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Hearts fans think just because he's played in the World Cup he's "a player" 😂

Wasnt Hurtado a World Cup player when he was at Hibs? Or had played at the World Cup? Either way Hearts have been sold down the river with this clown he's utter mince! Long may it continue.

ekhibee
12-09-2015, 01:57 AM
How?
In the last couple of seasons Stevenson has been a good, pretty consistent player. But purely on what I saw of him, Eckersley was faster and crossed the ball better. Just my opinion though.

Future17
12-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Hearts fans think just because he's played in the World Cup he's "a player" 

Wasnt Hurtado a World Cup player when he was at Hibs? Or had played at the World Cup? Either way Hearts have been sold down the river with this clown he's utter mince! Long may it continue.

No, but he was Ecuador's record scorer when he signed for us - not sure if he still is.

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Come on LB, I thought you were a grown man, so anyone who's played for them isn't welcome according to you? Keatings will be a very good player I've no doubt. I couldn't care less where players came from soon as they sign for us they are HIBS players! I'd take Walker, Nicholson and King as well btw.
I just wish we wouldn't sign their cast offs. Taking players off them is a different matter :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2015, 08:39 AM
No, but he was Ecuador's record scorer when he signed for us - not sure if he still is.

Currently 2nd highest all time scorer

bigwheel
12-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Currently 2nd highest all time scorer

Isn't that a different Hurtado ???

jdships
12-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Oh boy you really have it in for this lad !
Who said " AS thinks Lewis is the weakest link: " ?
Source please if you know of one:rolleyes:
OK LS isn't the greatest LB in the world but .............. !
Suggest you look at a few others who regularly underachieve week in week out .:wink:
:rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Isn't that a different Hurtado ???

Not according to Wiki as it lists Hibs as a former club.

ahibby
12-09-2015, 10:15 AM
No more than reasonable back up in my view. From memory he can be guilty of giving the ball away too often and unforced errors to boot. However is also capable now and then of delivering a wonder pass as are all footballers, occasionally.

CockneyRebel
12-09-2015, 10:20 AM

We now have cover for every position (once everyone is fit) so does that make them all weak links? No - it just makes sense to have cover all over the park. Having said that I am not exactly over the moon to have yet another player coming in on a stretcher.

jdships
12-09-2015, 11:11 AM
We now have cover for every position (once everyone is fit) so does that make them all weak links? No - it just makes sense to have cover all over the park. Having said that I am not exactly over the moon to have yet another player coming in on a stretcher.

Andy74
12-09-2015, 01:24 PM
I see he is currently injured and about a month away from fitness!

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Beginning to think our network of scouts chase ambulances :-)

Northern Hibby
12-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Speaking to few jambos in Inverness last night (to many in my pub for my liking 😉)most said good signing.

Iggy Pope
12-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Suggest you look at a few others who regularly underachieve week in week out .:wink:

I think you may have the wrong end of Baldy's stick.

Northern Hibby
12-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Speaking to few jambos in Inverness last night (to many in my pub for my liking 😉)most said good signing.

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 08:43 PM

Think you have misinterpreted my post............I think LS is great, a model pro.....

I was answering the poster who said by signing AE, Stubbs has identified LS as a weak link.

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 08:44 PM
I think you may have the wrong end of Baldy's stick.

Oooh er Iggy.............

Jim44
12-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Speaking to few jambos in Inverness last night (to many in my pub for my liking )most said good signing.

Some of them over on KB are kind of regretting losing him.

jdships
12-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Think you have misinterpreted my post............I think LS is great, a model pro.....

I was answering the poster who said by signing AE, Stubbs has identified LS as a weak link.

Yes realise that now and offer my apologies on the grounds of age (83) clouding my facities !! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Yes realise that now and offer my apologies on the grounds of age (83) clouding my facities !! :greengrin

Not an issue, thanks :aok:

silverhibee
12-09-2015, 09:49 PM

Would say Stevenson's place in the team at LB is safe for a good bit.

tamig
12-09-2015, 09:51 PM

I trust the prices were increased appropriately for their visit?

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Would say Stevenson's place in the team at LB is safe for a good bit.

AE goosed?

wookie70
12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
I thought Lewis was a bit sharper today and put in some great crosses. This signing may work out even if Eckersley never kicks a ball for Hibs.

Ronster117
13-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Doesn't really matter if he played for them or not,AS has and is putting together a squad of players he thinks will help our cause " getting promoted " I for one will be happy to see any player dedicated to that cause. Welcome AE.
:gwa:

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2015, 01:37 PM
A huge(literally) Hearts fan whose posts I have the misfortune to see in Facebook is posting tonight that LB is a problem for Hearts and Eckersley is 10 x the player that the current incumbent is.

Is ee eckers like