PDA

View Full Version : Sun front page

Pages : [1] 2

Hibs90
11-09-2015, 04:27 AM

Don't know the facts, so not going to comment but thought it was worth posting.

IanM
11-09-2015, 04:31 AM
Yeah just seen that. Stupid if true but front page news?

Media have now covered two Hibs stories, one lies and the other non football related.

Can't help themselves

Cabbage East
11-09-2015, 04:48 AM
Front page.

I despair for the people that actually buy tabloids.

Libby Hibby
11-09-2015, 04:52 AM
They are out to get him I'm afraid...don't really know why but the amount of negativity the press are creating around this guy is staggering

Pete
11-09-2015, 04:58 AM
Stubbs deals in facts and if there's any carry on he will be dealt with accordingly. Jason Cummings in McDonald's was a precedent but Islam is a loan signing so it's even less of an issue.

He isn't an integral part of our squad yet so we'll see. Case closed and end of story as far as the media is concerned.

Pete
11-09-2015, 05:00 AM
They are out to get him I'm afraid...don't really know why but the amount of negativity the press are creating around this guy is staggering

A young man who turned his back on a Scottish institution like Celtic surely deserves all he gets.

stokesmessiah
11-09-2015, 05:12 AM
A young man who turned his back on a Scottish institution like Celtic surely deserves all he gets.

And could potentially assist in blocking the mighty sevco Rangers reclaim their spot at the top of Scottish football. Frankly, the boy should be hanged!

gorgie greens
11-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Think were looking at constant stories that will only stop once Sevco have won the league , but its not going to happen
Hopefully, like someone said Stubbs will get to the bottom of it and im thinking it will be nothing

Matty_Jack04
11-09-2015, 06:18 AM
I'm actually quite surprised hibs haven't given him accommodation in Edinburgh, I know his family are in Glasgow but he has young family of his own I'd have thought they might take him out of 'harms way' a bit, anyway 24hrs before his possible debut sounds to me like the rags are worried about this guy which is good enough for me, I trust the club to deal with this if its an issue I just want the guy to screw the nut and show us and the media what he's capable of

Bristolhibby
11-09-2015, 06:22 AM

Not being paranoid, but being a black immigrant also makes him more of a target to the hordes IMHO.

J

green day
11-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Not being paranoid, but being a black immigrant also makes him more of a target to the Police IMHO.

J

Fixed that

Mark79
11-09-2015, 06:25 AM
I assume this must have been after the sushi restaurant. It was Mcgeouch and keatings with him who I assume stay in weeg.

Something fishy about this story.

Bristolhibby
11-09-2015, 06:26 AM
Fixed that

True. Young black Somali in a Porche at night. It's a wonder he got 5 yards before being pulled in.

J

Heisenberg
11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
It might not merit a front page spread but the fact that he's already been lifted and he's only been here just over a week isn't a good sign.....

J-C
11-09-2015, 06:33 AM
True. Young black Somali in a Porche at night. It's a wonder he got 5 yards before being pulled in.

J

Says he gave police a false name when he was pulled over, lets hope it's all BS but if it isn't, then we have a get out clause on the loan.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 06:37 AM
About time we had a bad boy back in the team.

marinello59
11-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Can he still kick a ball?

liamh2202
11-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Says he gave police a false name when he was pulled over, lets hope it's all BS but if it isn't, then we have a get out clause on the loan.

Really? If he does the business for hibs he can be caught snorting Ching off Nicola sturgeons armpit for all I care. The club will deal with it in the right way according to actual facts and we move on.

Oscar T Grouch
11-09-2015, 06:49 AM
It might not merit a front page spread but the fact that he's already been lifted and he's only been here just over a week isn't a good sign.....

Using the word fact in regards to a story in the sun maybe the wrong thing to do. They of course quote a Hibs source in this story ie we made this bit up too and can't use anyone's name as we would get sued.
I'm sure the truth will out eventually but certainly not in this poor excuse for big roll.

ALF TUPPER
11-09-2015, 06:51 AM
The 'Hibs Ace' headline bugged me a bit. The guy has trained a few days. 😳

But hey,.... It's 'the Hun' !!

Ed: 'Too much negativity around our beloved Club and Mr King with Lyin' King references , over the last couple of days,? Cant have that" !

" A sensational front page splash about another Club required here boys"

Hacks: " what about Ace Hibs' player in the cells, boss " ?

Ed: "That'll do nicely boys - run with that" ! 👍

The Hun & Daily ****** are rags.

Anyhoo, I trust - Stubbsy and Leaann's judgement on dealing with this.

#GGTTH

Heisenberg
11-09-2015, 07:10 AM
Using the word fact in regards to a story in the sun maybe the wrong thing to do. They of course quote a Hibs source in this story ie we made this bit up too and can't use anyone's name as we would get sued.
I'm sure the truth will out eventually but certainly not in this poor excuse for big roll.

Well if its not true then i'm sure Feruz and Hibs will have a pretty serious case to take against the paper :aok:

Golden Bear
11-09-2015, 07:11 AM
There are some things you just can't defend regardless of any "mitigating" circumstances.

Fergos
11-09-2015, 07:18 AM
We have the Labour Party leadership finale tomorrow, people fleeing war zones for a better life all over Europe...but comic cuts decide to run with this as a front page....it's not a newspaper it's a comic rag and everybody knows it, none more so than the "journalists" that work on it.

Better not bought and ignored.

GGTTH

J-C
11-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Really? If he does the business for hibs he can be caught snorting Ching off Nicola sturgeons armpit for all I care. The club will deal with it in the right way according to actual facts and we move on.

Yes really, he came with well known baggage and Stubbs even had the nous to put in a return at anytime clause into the loan deal, why would he do that if he didn't think anything like this wouldn't happen. AS and LD have done very well to get the right people into Hibs and make the place far more professional, Cummings was dealt with swiftly and nothing more since, IF this story is true, then he'll be gone soon enough as it only takes one bad apple. Read back at the signing of this guy and the majority did say, cracking wee player but has a poor attitude and AS will do well to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Ronniekirk
11-09-2015, 07:25 AM
I assume this must have been after the sushi restaurant. It was Mcgeouch and keatings with him who I assume stay in weeg.

Something fishy about this story.

Probably still feeling raw after a night out I at Sushi bar

Kojock
11-09-2015, 07:25 AM
Its not the tabloids fault, neither is it the fault of the Police. Feruz has to take responsibility for his own actions, he has already been disqualified by a court then deliberately disobeyed a court order by driving again. If that's the example he's setting to the younger players and fans then get him out of ER pronto.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 07:30 AM
Yes really, he came with well known baggage and Stubbs even had the nous to put in a return at anytime clause into the loan deal, why would he do that if he didn't think anything like this wouldn't happen. AS and LD have done very well to get the right people into Hibs and make the place far more professional, Cummings was dealt with swiftly and nothing more since, IF this story is true, then he'll be gone soon enough as it only takes one bad apple. Read back at the signing of this guy and the majority did say, cracking wee player but has a poor attitude and AS will do well to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Apparently that clause is in all Hibs loan deals.

heretoday
11-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Its not the tabloids fault, neither is it the fault of the Police. Feruz has to take responsibility for his own actions, he has already been disqualified by a court then deliberately disobeyed a court order by driving again. If that's the example he's setting to the younger players and fans then get him out of ER pronto.

I agree. We don't need any more bad yins.

keep the faith
11-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Metro also leading with King accusing hibs of approaching the Huns to invite them to bid for Allan.
A real cranking up of the the push to get them back in the SPL. Media falling over themselves to keep on Kings good side.

If this is the lie Leanne suggests then we should absolutely call them out on this.

Hermit Crab
11-09-2015, 07:40 AM

Theres no way the sun would know that unless its been leaked to them, pure speculation and horse****. As for the other bit in bold, you actually beleive this utter rag of a paper?

Ronniekirk
11-09-2015, 07:40 AM
He has previous down in London ,so probably just pulling him over to Wynd him up and admire his car as they can't afford one on the salary they get
He knows he has to take this chance with us to show he can knuckle down and play .If he doesn't Chelsea won't be interested in keeping him for much longer .
I think I will offer to swap cars with him for a few months ,he wouldn't get the same attention driving about in mine :rolleyes:

DH1875
11-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Havent read the story. What is it he's been lifted for???

J-C
11-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Apparently that clause is in all Hibs loan deals.

Having never seen any of the loan contracts at ER I wouldn't know that, only know about this one as it was mentioned when he came in but then again, how do you know this as fact, have you privvy info to all loan deals at ER?

J-C
11-09-2015, 07:43 AM
He has previous down in London ,so probably just pulling him over to Wynd him up and admire his car as they can't afford one on the salary they get
He knows he has to take this chance with us to show he can knuckle down and play .If he doesn't Chelsea won't be interested in keeping him for much longer .
I think I will offer to swap cars with him for a few months ,he wouldn't get the same attention driving about in mine :rolleyes:

Point is Ronnie if he's banned at the moment, he shouldn't be driving at all.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Having never seen any of the loan contracts at ER I wouldn't know that, only know about this one as it was mentioned when he came in but then again, how do you know this as fact, have you privvy info to all loan deals at ER?

Nope Kenny Millar the Sun journo tweeted it just after Feruz signed that it was a standard clause in all loan deals at the club.

J-C
11-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Nope Kenny Millar the Sun journo tweeted it just after Feruz signed that it was a standard clause in all loan deals at the club.

Fair do's, tbh not a bad thing to do especially if we're taking chances with young lads from down south with a bit of a past.

Brightside
11-09-2015, 07:46 AM

Aye that worked well with Garry O.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 07:47 AM

Does Garry even know Nicola Sturgeon? :greengrin

worcesterhibby
11-09-2015, 07:48 AM

that wasn't Garry's fault, Sturgeon should keep her oxsters to herself ! :greengrin

Brightside
11-09-2015, 07:52 AM
If he is actually banned from driving you'd expect Hibs to know that through standard due diligence. A much as he is a Chelsea player any player coming into the squad must be checked out.

This also means he'd be driving with no insurance etc. IF its true the laddie is a total tube and we should send him back to Chelsea asap.

leggeto
11-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Wouldn't bother me if he stole my Porsche, as long as he bangs in the goals

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2015, 07:59 AM
If he is actually banned from driving you'd expect Hibs to know that through standard due diligence. A much as he is a Chelsea player any player coming into the squad must be checked out.

This also means he'd be driving with no insurance etc. IF its true the laddie is a total tube and we should send him back to Chelsea asap.

Nonsense

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 08:05 AM
[/B]

Theres no way the sun would know that unless its been leaked to them, pure speculation and horse****. As for the other bit in bold, you actually beleive this utter rag of a paper?
Must have been leaked. There's no way police Scotland could have found the car on their own.

Hibs "ace" ffs. Does anyone out there really buy into this? Except the hun media arm that's fuelling this garbage obviously.

oneone73
11-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Nonsense

Nonsense, how? How would you feel if you were hit by an uninsured driver?

Kato
11-09-2015, 08:09 AM

Sair.

JimBHibees
11-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Must have been leaked. There's no way police Scotland could have found the car on their own.

Hibs "ace" ffs. Does anyone out there really buy into this? Except the hun media arm that's fuelling this garbage obviously.

Or Police down south heard about his move and notified Police up here about his ban if indeed he is banned or prone to drive without insurance.

Onceinawhile
11-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Couple of questions

1) is it true? I mean miles Cyrus and a Victoria's secret model? That's quite important to establish.

2) how do the papers get a hold of stories like the feruz one? A bent copper presumably. Price.

3) as noted previously, don't care what he does as long as he plays well.

4) **** the sun, and anyone who reads it. Morons writing for morons

Brightside
11-09-2015, 08:15 AM
The attitude of I don't care as long as he scores goals shows a lack of class tbh. If you don't think driving a car with no insurance is a serious crime then good luck to you when you get hit by one.

J-C
11-09-2015, 08:16 AM
[/B]

If it's a pack of lies then the Sun will be getting a letter from Hibs and Feruz's lawyers, more than likely it's true as they wouldn't be stupid enough to print this without being told by the police already and even suggest a name that Feruz has meant to have used.

I don't buy any newpapers but whether or not I believe them has nothing to do with it, we have a front page story concerning one of our players driving a Porche while banned, a player well known for being trouble wherever he's been, we speculate as we always do on these matters until the truth comes out.

worcesterhibby
11-09-2015, 08:17 AM
I've checked and he did get an 18 month driving ban in August 2014, so if he was driving it would seem that he is breaking the law. It was the Glasgow police that got him the ban last year as well, so they would have been well aware of it.

Forza Fred
11-09-2015, 08:20 AM

If the allegations are correct, and he has driven while knowingly under suspension, then I cannot think of any reasonable excuse.

The fact that it is the Sun that reported on it, does NOT mitigate the behaviour of the individual.

As far as I know the laddie has a reputation he could do without, and if he has transgressed already while on loan, then I suggest he has erred once too much, and he can return to be Chelsea's problem boy, instead of ours.

Heisenberg
11-09-2015, 08:23 AM
I've checked and he did get an 18 month driving ban in August 2014, so if he was driving it would seem that he is breaking the law. It was the Glasgow police that got him the ban last year as well, so they would have been well aware of it.

I'd get rid of him now if this turns out to be true tbh. We don't need his issues affecting us all season.

God Petrie
11-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Who cares. Balotelli was up to this stuff all the time and set up the winner in the last minute to win them the league.

Thecat23
11-09-2015, 08:34 AM
If true then he's done a very stupid thing. Would I send him back.. No. I'd get the lad counciling and try help with how he acts off the pitch and tell him what future lies ahead if he carries on this way. He will lose everything he has!

I'd tell him football is a short career and one that can end overnight. This lad has real talent and is throwing it away because of choices outside the game. Wise up and show everyone what you can do and make a better life for yourself!

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2015, 08:35 AM

Of course I would be raging however would it bother me if it was a football player? No it wouldn't. If he can do the business on the park that's all I care about regarding Hibs.

Diclonius
11-09-2015, 08:35 AM
We have a "don't do stupid ****" clause in his contract for a reason. If the club think this is crossing the line, he'll be gone.

Personally I'm disappointed that he's chosen not to see this as a fresh start and just resumed his previous behaviour. Bet you to **** though the Record wouldn't have run this on the first page if it was, say, Martin Waghorn.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2015, 08:38 AM
I'd get rid of him now if this turns out to be true tbh. We don't need his issues affecting us all season.

Who says its affecting us?

Will the other players really care that he spent a night in the cells or whatever?

He's just in the door, he should be given a chance to sort himself out/prove himself.

Scott Allan had the whole 6 million insurance thing hanging over him last season for mowing someone down and it didn't do him/us any harm.

Andy74
11-09-2015, 08:39 AM
The attitude of I don't care as long as he scores goals shows a lack of class tbh. If you don't think driving a car with no insurance is a serious crime then good luck to you when you get hit by one.

I think what people are saying is that as football fans what we want to focus on is what they do on the pitch. The rest of the stuff is up to police and employer to worry about. Whilst he can play then that's all that we are bothered about. I'm not interested in being a moral guardian for Hibs players any more than I am for my postman.

Speeding kills as well. Should we empty the team of anyone who drives a bit too quickly?

Tom Hart RIP
11-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Since he has appeared at court the charges including providing a false name are in the public domain

Ronniekirk
11-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Point is Ronnie if he's banned at the moment, he shouldn't be driving at all.

It's a Fair Cop J C. I never read the sun ,so hadn't read the article .didnt realise he was still banned.just assumed he had been pulled over for flashy driving or Speeding .
I will immediately redact my offer to swap Cars :greengrin.

chrisski33
11-09-2015, 08:57 AM

Well said. He said in paper other day he was gonna lnuckle done and worl hard these latest actions prove otherwise. Not a good example and he hasnt even played first proper game for hibs yet

SeanWilson
11-09-2015, 09:00 AM
daft wee rich kid in daft antics shock horror.... don't condone it but the sanctimony on this thread is mental.... As someone else said, he's at hibs just now, put an arm round the kid and tell him he's been a plonker... see how he gets on. If he shafts hibs directly, then punt him home.

DarrenSQH
11-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Isnt the editor of the Scottish sun supposed to be a Hibs fan?

Peevemor
11-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Well said. He said in paper other day he was gonna lnuckle done and worl hard these latest actions prove otherwise. Not a good example and he hasnt even played first proper game for hibs yet

No it doesn't. It could well be that he's working his backside off at training, getting on great with everyone and obeying everything said by the coaches, etc. to the letter.

If he's broken the law off the field, then Hibs & Chelsea will decide the sanction(s).

Peevemor
11-09-2015, 09:03 AM
daft wee rich kid in daft antics shock horror.... don't condone it but the sanctimony on this thread is mental.... As someone else said, he's at hibs just now, put an arm round the kid and tell him he's been a plonker... see how he gets on. If he shafts hibs directly, then punt him home.

:agree:

Jim44
11-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Stubbs will be keeping an even closer eye on Riordan now as his strike squad shrinks with the likely depatrure of this liability. :greengrin

Brightside
11-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Most of us at some stage in life will have to go through Disclosure. Its a basic record check for employment. If it flagged up that I'd been arrested/charged for driving without insurance WHILST banned I can assure you that application for employment would be turfed in the bin. To turn it around and say but he's a footballer why should we care is they kind of thing I'd expect from Jambos. Normally when they are defending an online groomer.

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:12 AM
It's a Fair Cop J C. I never read the sun ,so hadn't read the article .didnt realise he was still banned.just assumed he had been pulled over for flashy driving or Speeding .
I will immediately redact my offer to swap Cars :greengrin.

:aok::greengrin

Kojock
11-09-2015, 09:14 AM
[/B]

Yes they would, as its been called in court it will be in the public domain. His charge sheet will show all charges libelled and one will be attempting to pervert the course of justice by giving a false name. Its not the Sun you should be angry at its Feruz himself.

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:14 AM

If it's still Gordon Smart, then yes a big Hibby.

Peevemor
11-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Most of us at some stage in life will have to go through Disclosure. Its a basic record check for employment. If it flagged up that I'd been arrested/charged for driving without insurance WHILST banned I can assure you that application for employment would be turfed in the bin. To turn it around and say but he's a footballer why should we care is they kind of thing I'd expect from Jambos. Normally when they are defending an online groomer.

He's employed by Chelsea as he was when he commoted his first offence. Where does disclosure come into it?

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:18 AM
He's employed by Chelsea as he was when he commoted his first offence. Where does disclosure come into it?

Disclosure is done when working in the community and working with kids etc, I have one being a cabbie and unless he's doing his coaching badges, I'd doubt whether as a footballer he'd need one.

Kojock
11-09-2015, 09:19 AM
From The Evening Times 6th Aug 2014

FORMER Celtic player Islam Feruz has been banned from the road after his driving was labelled "dangerous and outrageous".
At Glasgow Justice Of The Peace Court, the striker, now with Chelsea, was convicted of driving a BMW 3 series at up to 70mph between George Square and Wishart Street, near the Necropolis, Glasgow, on December 30, 2012. Five passengers were in the car.

Feruz was also found guilty of driving with no insurance and not displaying L plates.

He was fined £500 and banned for 18 month.

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:21 AM

FORMER Celtic player Islam Feruz has been banned from the road after his driving was labelled "dangerous and outrageous".
At Glasgow Justice Of The Peace Court, the striker, now with Chelsea, was convicted of driving a BMW 3 series at up to 70mph between George Square and Wishart Street, near the Necropolis, Glasgow, on December 30, 2012. Five passengers were in the car.

Feruz was also found guilty of driving with no insurance and not displaying L plates.

He was fined £500 and banned for 18 month.

So even then he was driving without even having a full license :confused:

Benny Brazil
11-09-2015, 09:29 AM
If true then he's done a very stupid thing. Would I send him back.. No. I'd get the lad counciling and try help with how he acts off the pitch and tell him what future lies ahead if he carries on this way. He will lose everything he has!

I'd tell him football is a short career and one that can end overnight. This lad has real talent and is throwing it away because of choices outside the game. Wise up and show everyone what you can do and make a better life for yourself!

I'd tell him to look at Deeks in training - a guy who could have had the world at his feet - but off the field issues meant he didn't achieve even half of what he should have. If thats how he wants to end up - crack on behaving the way you are.

Ozyhibby
11-09-2015, 09:30 AM
There was an article in the paper this week talking warmly about him wanting to make his break through at Hibs which mentioned his Porsche being a stand out in the East Mains car park. If he is banned it would not have taken Sherlock to put together a case. Silly boy.
Wouldn't send him back though. We need goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojock
11-09-2015, 09:33 AM
So even then he was driving without even having a full license :confused:

Would appear so and he will still only have a provisional as he wouldn't be able to sit a test while banned.

Kojock
11-09-2015, 09:41 AM
There was an article in the paper this week talking warmly about him wanting to make his break through at Hibs which mentioned his Porsche being a stand out in the East Mains car park. If he is banned it would not have taken Sherlock to put together a case. Silly boy.
Wouldn't send him back though. We need goals.

Feruz interview 8th Sept 2015

“I think I’ve got wiser. I know what I want and I am determined to make the most of this chance and to do well. I’ve made a few mistakes but I’ve learned from them."

Seems you have learned hee haw Feruz.:rolleyes:

silverhibee
11-09-2015, 09:43 AM

Douglas Walker, dirty yam, has a thing about picking up stories about Hibs players.

Brightside
11-09-2015, 09:44 AM
Disclosure is done when working in the community and working with kids etc, I have one being a cabbie and unless he's doing his coaching badges, I'd doubt whether as a footballer he'd need one.

That's incorrect JC. Most organisations use standard disclosure as a back ground check on any potential employees (even Temps). The disclosure you are talking about is the PVG scheme which anyone working with the public has to go through.

silverhibee
11-09-2015, 09:47 AM
When did he spend the night in the cells, when was he arrested this week. ?

Andy74
11-09-2015, 09:49 AM

No. You are suggesting I should care more about a footballer than I do about the postie or the guy behind the counter at Asda.

I don't worry myself about what they get up to. That's not my role. I do worry about the service they provide.

In only bothered about what he does as a footballer.

Your yam comment is fairly low.

Ozyhibby
11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Does seem a bit strange that he was banned and yet nobody at Hibs said anything as he pulled in to work each day in a Porsche?
Someone hasn't done their homework I think.

matty_f
11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
When did he spend the night in the cells, when was he arrested this week. ?

The article says he was pulled over on Wednesday.

Ozyhibby
11-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Might explain why he did not play in the u20 game against Partick. I felt sure he would have got a run out there.
Prob won't see him tomorrow now either.[emoji19]

snooky
11-09-2015, 09:56 AM

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
That's incorrect JC. Most organisations use standard disclosure as a back ground check on any potential employees (even Temps). The disclosure you are talking about is the PVG scheme which anyone working with the public has to go through.

Fair enough, I've been self employed for over 30 years, so didn't realise it was standard in a lot of companies nowadays, my wife works for M&S and never had to get one and she works with the public.

oneone73
11-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Of course I would be raging however would it bother me if it was a football player? No it wouldn't. If he can do the business on the park that's all I care about regarding Hibs.

Sorry, but that's not good enough. Where do you want to draw the line? Thieves? Muggers? Worse?
If he's guilty, he needs to be sacked.

marinello59
11-09-2015, 09:59 AM

Spot on. He has been foolish as many of us have when we were young. What happens next is between him and the club. If he gets his chance here I will still be supporting him.

J-C
11-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Douglas Walker, dirty yam, has a thing about picking up stories about Hibs players.

The Scottish Sun editor is still Gordon Smart SH, he's a massive Hibs fan.

Ozyhibby
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Sorry, but that's not good enough. Where do you want to draw the line? Thieves? Muggers? Worse?

Nonsense. Where do you draw the line then? People who shoplifted as kids?
If everyone who has ever been charged with an offence was sacked, the welfare state would collapse.
Maybe we should offer some help and compassion for an obviously troubled young man. And if he could bang in a few goals in return then everyone is a winner.

Edit... Unless your playing against us.

Platinum Scotty
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
From the Government website:

Maximum penalty : Driving while disqualified 6 months’ imprisonment (12 months in Scotland) / Unlimited fine / Discretionary disqualification

Ozyhibby
11-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Case will prob not be heard until next summer, so Chelsea's problem.

J-C
11-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Does seem a bit strange that he was banned and yet nobody at Hibs said anything as he pulled in to work each day in a Porsche?
Someone hasn't done their homework I think.

Did they know he was banned, it may have been reported last year that he was but tbh if he was driving a Porsche would anyone at the club wonder, probably not as they wouldn't think he was that stupid.

J-C
11-09-2015, 10:11 AM
If everyone who has ever been charged with an offence was sacked, the welfare state would collapse.
Maybe we should offer some help and compassion for an obviously troubled young man. And if he could bang in a few goals in return then everyone is a winner.

This isn't something done in the past though is it, it happened now which makes it a different matter.

Also why should we be the ones helping a troubled young man as you put it, he's Chelsea's player, let them deal with him.

cabbageandribs1875
quite interesting(and funny) reading posts saying as long as he knocks the goals in that's all that matters, if this uninsured driver pranged your car i assume the same posters would say "it's ok feruz mate just you keep playing well for the team, i'l pay for all the damage to my car" aye, ******* right

B.H.F.C

So should anybody with a criminal record never be allowed to work?

Northernhibee
All this talk over bad influences in the dressing room etc - nobody was saying get Leigh punted back to Wolves over the lucozade incident or the constant GIRUY gestures. Double standards.

If he's disruptive to the team then get him to. If he's not bringing his bad attitude into the dressing room them keep him, lord knows we need promotion at almost any cost this season.

And let's not forget G'OC being found in possession and continuing to play for the team.

oneone73
11-09-2015, 10:14 AM

I would draw the line at anyone who commits a serious crime while a Hibs player.
But, innocent until proven guilty.So I guess we keep him until the trial, which may be some time.

Kojock
11-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Spot on. He has been foolish as many of us have when we were young. What happens next is between him and the club. If he gets his chance here I will still be supporting him.

Thing is hes not a daft wee laddie any more, he is now 20 years old and very much an adult. Were not talking about him peeing in the street or throwing muffins around McDonalds. His offences are very serious and could easily result in a custodial sentence.

He has had problems at whatever club he has gone to. Hes only been here a fortnight and has already spent a night in the cells. How many more chances does a guy deserve? Its about time he started taking responsibility for his own actions and grows up FFS

portyhibernian
11-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Wait and see what the club does, I don't see this as a reason to not keep him on. We need all the good players we can get if we're planning on going up. Also, with everything that's happening in the world right now I can't believe this is on a national newspapers front page. Suppose that tells you all you need to know about that comic.

Platinum Scotty
11-09-2015, 10:19 AM
So should anybody with a criminal record never be allowed to work?

Think this is slightly different surely, he has now been caught twice in less than 3 years driving high performance motor cars, whilst not licenced to drive, with no insurance - and a cynic would suggest that he wasn't "unlucky" in getting caught, I would suggest he has probably been in the car more than twice but was only caught on two occasions.

he is 20, not 12, he knows the laws of the land and should know he is not above any law - if he worked for me on loan from another company, I would be sending him straight back with out a second thought

but hey, that's just my thoughts

Spike Mandela
11-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Hibs will ditch him unless he has been banging hat tricks in all week in training in which case he will get help and counselling.:cb

marinello59
11-09-2015, 10:21 AM
quite interesting(and funny) reading posts saying as long as he knocks the goals in that's all that matters, if this uninsured driver pranged your car i assume the same posters would say "it's ok feruz mate just you keep playing well for the team, i'l pay for all the damage to my car" aye, ******* right

Nope, up to the authorities to deal with him. His career is separate though or do you think everybody who breaks the law should lose their employment in addition to whatever penalties the courts decide?

grunt
11-09-2015, 10:22 AM

He was fined £500 and banned for 18 month.Does the ban run from the date of the offence or the date of the case?

Jim44
I can't believe the folk on here who suggest that what this guy has done should be tolerated simply because he is a Hibs player and what he might do for us on the pitch. If the information being banded about here is correct, his anti-social and criminal behaviour far outweighs his daytime job and any employer would be justified in dispensing with his employment. We're not talking here about minor traffic offences and 'daft antics by a rich kid', as sombody put it. This is a case of someone, twice, , knowingly and intentionally committing a criminal offence, endangering the lives of the public, with potentially, incredibly unthinkable consequences. If all that is deemed 'sanctimonious' ranting, then tough. If and when he goes back down the M1, I suspect he might have a bit more than a loan spell at Hibs to worry about.

Bristolhibby

Hmmmm. An online groomer vs driving while banned.

#perspective

Platinum Scotty
11-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I can't believe the folk on here who suggest that what this guy has done should be tolerated simply because he is a Hibs player and what he might do for us on the pitch. If the information being banded about here is correct, his anti-social and criminal behaviour far outweighs his daytime job and any employer would be justified in dispensing with his employment. We're not talking here about minor traffic offences and 'daft antics by a rich kid', as sombody put it. This is a case of someone, twice, , knowingly and intentionally committing a criminal offence, endangering the lives of the public, with potentially, incredibly unthinkable consequences. If all that is deemed 'sanctimonious' ranting, then tough. If and when he goes back down the M1, I suspect he might have a bit more than a loan spell at Hibs to worry about.

Agree 100%

Andy74
11-09-2015, 10:24 AM

That's not what people are saying though is it?!

Platinum Scotty
11-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Does the ban run from the date of the offence or the date of the case?

Date of the case..........

Brightside
11-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Nope, up to the authorities to deal with him. His career is separate though or do you think everybody who breaks the law should lose their employment in addition to whatever penalties the courts decide?

depends on the law broken... many people lose jobs if they break the law.

Bristolhibby
11-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Date of the case..........

Yet points are from the date of the offence. Well you learn something every day.

J

Kojock
11-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Does the ban run from the date of the offence or the date of the case?

Date of the sentencing. A lot of people who know they are going to be disqualified will try and delay proceedings just to hold onto their license that little bit longer.

Brightside
11-09-2015, 10:28 AM
That's not what people are saying though is it?!

they are saying breaking the law doesn't matter... especially if he scores a few goals. Can I ask people when it does matter. Drunk Driving? ABH? Doing 100 MPH in a 30? and at what level of goals does he get to play his joker card?

Andy74
11-09-2015, 10:29 AM
they are saying breaking the law doesn't matter... especially if he scores a few goals. Can I ask people when it does matter. Drunk Driving? ABH? Doing 100 MPH in a 30? and at what level of goals does he get to play his joker card?

You are mixing up things the law are interested in and things that affect me as a football fan.

zlatan
11-09-2015, 10:30 AM
This is a tough situation for the fickle football fan, how do you decide the punishment when you've still to see whether he's a good player or not? I suggest we hold off until after the game tomorrow then see if he needs hounded or whether he's just a daft wee laddie.

silverhibee
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
The article says he was pulled over on Wednesday.

Just read that Matty, cheers, also says he appeared in court after a night in the cells, :confused: he made it to training on time on Thursday.

Just seen Douglas Walker has done the story, he has previous for making things up and misleading headlines, he is a yam c***, couldn't help himself by having a wee dig at Fletcher on twitter during the Scotland Georgia game last week.

The man is prick, just like his dad.

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2015, 10:35 AM
We have a potential George Street strike force in this kid and Deeks.

I'm scenting a return to the good old days.

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Is he Balotelli in disguise.

Craig_HFC
11-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Hmmmm. An online groomer vs driving while banned.

#perspective

Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that. Utterly mental comment, imo.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2015, 10:40 AM

I don't think anybody has said breaking the law doesn't matter. But it's a matter for the authorities to deal with, not Hibs.

Since he signed for Hibs he hasn't been convicted of any further offences so I don't think we'd be in a great position to just tear the agreement up.

silverhibee
11-09-2015, 10:41 AM
The Scottish Sun editor is still Gordon Smart SH, he's a massive Hibs fan.

Sorry, he is just a yam reporter. Why does Smart allow these Hibs stories to be published and also allow Walker to hold back on printing stories about yam players, tattooed guy done for drunk driving springs to mind.

grunt
11-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Just read that Matty, cheers, also says he appeared in court after a night in the cells, :confused: he made it to training on time on Thursday.Didn't someone on here report that he turned up to training in his Porsche? Is he banned or not?

Jim44
11-09-2015, 10:46 AM
We have a potential George Street strike force in this kid and Deeks.

I'm scenting a return to the good old days.

Where's the nervous giggling smiley when you need it? :paranoid:

marinello59
11-09-2015, 10:48 AM
This is a tough situation for the fickle football fan, how do you decide the punishment when you've still to see whether he's a good player or not? I suggest we hold off until after the game tomorrow then see if he needs hounded or whether he's just a daft wee laddie.

:greengrin

J-C
11-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Sorry, he is just a yam reporter. Why does Smart allow these Hibs stories to be published and also allow Walker to hold back on printing stories about yam players, tattooed guy done for drunk driving springs to mind.

Sorry SH, didn't realise you were talking about the reporter himself.

J-C
11-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Didn't someone on here report that he turned up to training in his Porsche? Is he banned or not?

As I said on another post, will they know he was banned and if he's blatantly driving his Porsche to training will they not think he's all legit.

Jim44
11-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Didn't someone on here report that he turned up to training in his Porsche? Is he banned or not?

Yes, unless his 15 month ban was reduced for good behaviour. :greengrin

liamh2202
11-09-2015, 11:03 AM

And he should be punished in the court of law. (If true) all I'm concerned is what he does on the football pitch.

worcesterhibby
11-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Yes, unless his 15 month ban was reduced for good behaviour. :greengrin

It was widely reported as an 18 month ban and I'm not aware of any way a driving ban of less than 2 years can be "reduced" good behaviour or not.

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2015, 11:11 AM
If it is ok to have a go at players from other clubs, I'll raise this again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-34220648

leggeto
11-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Can always rely on the sun to cause trouble in our club,weegie paper who wants huns up

Hermit Crab
11-09-2015, 11:19 AM

It would have flagged up on their ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) computer inside the cop car. That tells them everything from the no insurance to no license and more.

Jim44
11-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Can always rely on the sun to cause trouble in our club,weegie paper who wants huns up

Ehm, I think it might be the player who's actually causing the trouble .........

Heisenberg
11-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Does it really matter how they found out and caught him?

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 11:24 AM
It would have flagged up on their ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) computer inside the cop car. That tells them everything from the no insurance to no license and more.
Agree. Trying and failing to have a laugh at them, as in not being able to find an elephant in a phone box!

cabbageandribs1875
11-09-2015, 11:28 AM

pray tell where i said anything about him losing his job:confused:

Kojock
11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
It was widely reported as an 18 month ban and I'm not aware of any way a driving ban of less than 2 years can be "reduced" good behaviour or not.

You can only apply for a reduction on a ban overs two years. Don't know about now but it used to be the case you had to serve two thirds of the ban before applying.

HappyHanlon
11-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Wow!

He's not even kicked a ball for us and already the lynch mob are forming.

Is that some sort of a record? :confused:

He's done something wreckless and i'd imagine both us and Chelsea will deal with the matter (although saying that, I really wonder if Chelsea monitor all of their 33 players out on loan - probably dinnae ken who half of them are!) so lets just ingore the negativity and get on with cheering the team on!

Beefster
11-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Folk really do direct their ire at the wrong targets. If you absolutely must get agitated at footballers being twats, it might be best to direct your emotion at the player.

Me, I don't give a **** what they get up to anywhere except at work. That's for the club to manage.

Kojock
11-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Wow!

He's not even kicked a ball for us and already the lynch mob are forming.

Is that some sort of a record? :confused:

He's done something wreckless and i'd imagine both us and Chelsea will deal with the matter (although saying that, I really wonder if Chelsea monitor all of their 33 players out on loan - probably dinnae ken who half of them are!) so lets just ingore the negativity and get on with cheering the team on!

If this was an isolated incident maybe folk would be more forgiving, but unfortunately Feruz has had his fair share of "problems" in such a short career. He obviously isn't learning from his mistakes and in less than two weeks with his new employer he has ended up in the cells. Now is that some sort of record ?

leggeto
11-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Ehm, I think it might be the player who's actually causing the trouble .........

Does any other paper have it on the front page

Jim44
11-09-2015, 12:18 PM

That doesn't diminish the truth or the seriousness of his behaviour.

QMU-1875
11-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Wasn't there a photo going about of him sitting in a car wearing a hibs top when we signed him?

The_Horde
11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Wasn't there a photo going about of him sitting in a car wearing a hibs top when we signed him?

18 months bans, similar to jail sentences, can be cut on good behaviour etc though. I know this because I know someone who was banned for 9 years but got their licence back in 6

Kojock
11-09-2015, 12:21 PM

Does it matter if its front page, back page or Deirdries Problems page. Surely the most important thing is that Feruz has deliberately put two fingers up at the courts and the club.

Ringothedog
11-09-2015, 12:26 PM
If this was an isolated incident maybe folk would be more forgiving, but unfortunately Feruz has had his fair share of "problems" in such a short career. He obviously isn't learning from his mistakes and in less than two weeks with his new employer he has ended up in the cells. Now is that some sort of record ?

Can you list those "problems" for me :aok:

Kojock
11-09-2015, 12:33 PM
18 months bans, similar to jail sentences, can be cut on good behaviour etc though. I know this because I know someone who was banned for 9 years but got their licence back in 6

Only bans over two years can be reduced and as was in your mates case they have to serve two thirds of the ban.

leggeto
11-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Does it matter if its front page, back page or Deirdries Problems page. Surely the most important thing is that Feruz has deliberately put two fingers up at the courts and the club.

Fair enough,but if say Patterson of them had done the same it wouldn't be front page,I really do think they love to unsettle us

Pretty Boy
11-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Bloody stupid thing to do but front page news?

I'd say it must be a slow news day but we're talking snails pace if this is worthy of the lead story.

NAE NOOKIE
11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I fear for this kids career to be honest. I said on another thread that the highway to success in football is littered with the wreckage of folk with tons of talent and a bad attitude ...... a prophetic choice of words as it turns out.

He is 20 years old, has barely kicked a ball in a proper game of professional football and he owns a Porsche FFS ... what does that cost, £100,000 ? No wonder he is displaying the attitude of a guy who already thinks he has made it. Driving through a city centre at 70mph ( sober ) shows a reckless disregard for other people. Daft ladness perhaps ........ But to then turn up to your loan club in a flash car you know you are driving illegally is just taking the piss ... for how long since he was banned has he been driving it? ... in London you can probably get away with that with a slim chance of being caught.

I don't think Hibs should bin him. But as I said before, he has been spectacularly below average at all of his previous loan clubs. He must be made to realise, and quickly, that he is heading in the wrong direction. Clubs like Chelsea I would imagine prefer to loan promising 20 year olds to English championship clubs or mid range Belgian, Dutch, French clubs etc. When they agree to loan you to a Scottish championship club, they wont be hoping you can prove your worth, they will be demanding it ..... fail to break through and establish yourself in this league and the only way is down.

You cant buy many flash cars on the wages they pay in semi pro football ......... The ba's in his court.

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2015, 12:46 PM

No they can't be cut for good behaviour but there are instances where attendance at a week long course covering safer driving can reduce the ban.

Ozyhibby
11-09-2015, 12:49 PM

Most sensible post yet and the view I'm taking on this whole matter.

matty_f
11-09-2015, 01:22 PM
If he was in the cells overnight on Wednesday and at training on Thursday, at least he's showing some commitment, so...

I think Hibs can have a role to play in 'rehabilitating' the guy, I don't think we need to hang him out to dry necessarily, or send him back to Chelsea.

I also think that there should be consequences, though. Going by reports and anecdotes when he signed for us, it looks as though this move is very much of a last chance saloon for Islam. If Hibs manage this situation well, work with (rather than against) the player, we could see a special talent want to give something back to the club and realise some of his potential.

GlasgowHibee
11-09-2015, 01:24 PM
People saying this isn't front page news are wrong, we have a 6 page thread talking about The S*n which is exactly what they want. This story is exactly the type they're looking for as it appeals to the green-half of Glasgow who hate him, and also to our fans because we've just signed this young hot-shot.

Either way, it's an incredibly stupid thing to do, and i'm pretty disappointed in him. I don't know what the solution to the situation is though, I think it's probably best to see out his loan, and let Chelsea deal with the trial after us.

3pm
11-09-2015, 01:27 PM
If he was in the cells overnight on Wednesday and at training on Thursday, at least he's showing some commitment, so...

I think Hibs can have a role to play in 'rehabilitating' the guy, I don't think we need to hang him out to dry necessarily, or send him back to Chelsea.

I also think that there should be consequences, though. Going by reports and anecdotes when he signed for us, it looks as though this move is very much of a last chance saloon for Islam. If Hibs manage this situation well, work with (rather than against) the player, we could see a special talent want to give something back to the club and realise some of his potential.

He pissed all over Celtic Matty - don't expect too much loyalty in return.

Has this been confirmed as true by the way?

Golden Bear
11-09-2015, 01:31 PM
As a Club, Hibs have had to deal with more than their fair share of troubled wee souls in recent years and this latest case is just one too many for me. Get rid and the sooner the better.

We're a Football Club not a friggin Social Work Department.

Billychaotic182
11-09-2015, 01:45 PM
As a Club, Hibs have had to deal with more than their fair share of troubled wee souls in recent years and this latest case is just one too many for me. Get rid and the sooner the better.

Well in that case lets get rid of Cummings too, can't be trusted to behave or even go to McDonalds

Honestly. If we got rid of every young player with a bit of a bad boy streak we'd never have had, Riordan, Brown, Sproule, O'Conner, Griffiths! Get a grip mate!

Bristolhibby
11-09-2015, 01:46 PM

And if he's scores a hattrick tomorrow?

If we are a football club, at least let's see him play football.

J

Libby Hibby
11-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Usual over the top reactions on here from some, the catalyst, once again, the Glasgow press...they have succeeded in splitting fans opinions on the lad with some even wanting rid before he has even kicked a ball for us...when will we learn? It's an oldie but a goody, divide and conquer and it's happening too frequently with the press and their beloved Sevco

Smartie
11-09-2015, 02:06 PM

Good post.

When you sign "damaged goods" you take on a bit of risk and a bit of responsibility knowing that you may get more reward if you get it right but that you might have to deal with it if you don't.

I'd come at it from the "one strike and then you're out" angle, unless the offence was serious enough to merit being binned immediately (and there is just about enough to go with here but not quite enough to justify that imo). That he has chosen to use that strike within the first fortnight of being here is his business but it puts increased pressure on him to keep in line for the rest of his time with us. Even a terribly unfortunate understanding and he is now vulnerable to being packed off down the road.

Scott Allan had a reputation when he joined and ended up working out very well for us. I'd trust Dempster and Stubbs to call this one right and will back them - and the player - if they choose that he should stay.

pennyhibee
11-09-2015, 02:39 PM

EXACTLY That rag probably had dave king as a guest writer for a day No wonder the people of Liverpool don't read that *****

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2015, 03:13 PM

Settle. Do you know what convictions your postie has or the boy that fills the shelves at your local tesco? Do you really care as long as you get your post delivered on time and your favourite bread on the shelf when you go in? Cos I for one don't, it's up to the law to deal with this and I'm sure they will.

Why do you feel the club need to "sack" him?

Jim44
11-09-2015, 03:43 PM
This is going round in circles. There are clearly two schools of thought as to how the club should deal with the situation. Neither is of any real significance and it will be interesting to see what action, if any, the club takes. IMHO, one thing is certain, they won't sweep it under the carpet.

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Did Chelsea get rid of John Terry ? Did Liverpool get rid of Suarez ? Lee Hughes ??

Feruz has been an idiot if true and needs well and truly disciplined - consequences could have been a lot worse. But this sensational headline simply reeks of The Rangers love-in......The Sun and The Record should be The Rangers 12th and 13th Man :greengrin should get shirts printed........BBC Sportsound would be 14 as well :rolleyes:

The media haven't lost sight of the fact they are owned by a guy who was up on over 300 charges of fraud, money laundering, racketeering and tax evasion aren't they :cb :aok: Why is he (Dave King) in a wee tiny box next to the Feruz story.........The Sun should never tire of reporting on his past and doing a fit and proper person investigation piece :agree:

Labour leadership contest, drone strikes, murders in West Lothian...........aye, wee Islam top trumps all those stories eh :rolleyes: jees even Miley's thruppenies are more important than Islam Feruz !!!

With the exception of Kenny Millar it is an absolute rag - as is the Record :aok:

FourFourTwo - the mutts nutts for football journalism :agree:

1950's hibbie
11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Trouble is easy to find for any of us, the problem with being a professional sportsman is that you are often held up as a role model for kids, this is why they have to be more careful than the average person. Unfortunately their income and and publicity make it easier for them to get into trouble. The smart ones keep the heid, the less smart get caught, the only way out is to apologise, straighten yourself out, or pay the price. The ethics clause in contracts usually cover this type of incident, and is viewed generally on the seriousness, whether anyone else is involved, injuries etc., the clause usually gives employers fairly strong powers when taking action, from fines, to suspensions or termination.

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Trouble is easy to find for any of us, the problem with being a professional sportsman is that you are often held up as a role model for kids, this is why they have to be more careful than the average person. Unfortunately their income and and publicity make it easier for them to get into trouble. The smart ones keep the heid, the less smart get caught, the only way out is to apologise, straighten yourself out, or pay the price. The ethics clause in contracts usually cover this type of incident, and is viewed generally on the seriousness, whether anyone else is involved, injuries etc., the clause usually gives employers fairly strong powers when taking action, from fines, to suspensions or termination.

George Best, Frank Worthington, Rodney Marsh,.....even Bobby Moore got landed in hot water at a World Cup 'stealing' :greengrin

Watched Archie McPherson speak about Stein and Jimmy Johnstone and the things he (JJ) got up to last night on a Scottish news programme......

Football is celebrity = tabloid sleaze.....always has been.

Trouble is these tabloids miss the real stories of the nation.........they are now the Jeremy Kyle of news print :agree:

emerald green
11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Case will prob not be heard until next summer, so Chelsea's problem.

A trial date has been set for February next year, so it's not Chelsea's "problem". It's Feruz Islam's "problem" I would suggest.

If Hibs have got a player who could potentially be facing a custodial sentence if found guilty (he's innocent until proven guilty), then that scenario may well be at the forefront of his mind, and could impact on his on-field performances surely?

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Now there is someone i agree who needs to make better life choices, but while he's our player its of little concern to me unless he's fiddling with kids or murdering folk.

There are probably another few offences that would sicken me too, but the likes of this are of no concern to me as a football fan, and i would let his employers make the decisions about any indiscretions he may make.

Where do we draw the line on this bull****?

Jim44
11-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Now there is someone i agree who needs to make better life choices, but while he's our player its of little concern to me unless he's fiddling with kids or murdering folk.

There are probably another few offences that would sicken me too, but the likes of this are of no concern to me as a football fan, and i would let his employers make the decisions about any indiscretions he may make.

Where do we draw the line on this bull****?

So you approve of or at least are indifferent to a person driving a potentially lethal weapon, unqualified, uninsured and, as in the first offence, recklessly........ twice. I bet you wouldn't be so indifferent if he wrote off your car or ran over one of your family. What's his football status got to do with his criminal behaviour?

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM
So you approve of or at least are indifferent to a person driving a potentially lethal weapon, unqualified, uninsured and, as in the first offence, recklessly........ twice. I bet you wouldn't be so indifferent if he wrote off your car or ran over one of your family. What's his football status got to do with his criminal behaviour?

Well when he does run over one of my family, or rams an uninsured car into mine, i might change my mind on this? Is there a sliding scale of crimes that are definite no's, maybes and ok and allowable for future signings?

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right but was Ryan Stevenson front page news when he was drink driving after leaving a night club ?

I agree he was in the wrong (Feruz) - but front page ?? Smells of The Rangers love in :aok:

Kato
11-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Well when he does run over one of my family, or rams an uninsured car into mine, i might change my mind on this? Is there a sliding scale of crimes that are definite no's, maybes and ok and allowable for future signings?

Don't think of it that way. Think about the "if" and get yersel all worked up into a rage.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Don't think of it that way. Think about the "if" and get yersel all worked up into a rage.

I heard that Pat Stanton stole some of the pick and mix out of Woolworths, was he involved in the great train robbery?

Kato
11-09-2015, 07:22 PM
I heard that Pat Stanton stole some of the pick and mix out of Woolworths, was he involved in the great train robbery?

Aye, but imagine if he was stealing from your multi-branch dept stores, how would you feel.

Jim44
11-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right but was Ryan Stevenson front page news when he was drink driving after leaving a night club ?

I agree he was in the wrong (Feruz) - but front page ?? Smells of The Rangers love in :aok:

I've no argument or disagreement whatsoever with your disgust at the motives of the Sun newspaper. My disgust stems from the notion, expressed frequently and strongly in this thread, that his status as a footballer, particularly in this case with Hibs, should somehow relegate his actions to less significant than his value to our club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-09-2015, 07:27 PM

No, Phil Collins was though.

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I've no argument or disagreement whatsoever with your disgust at the motives of the Sun newspaper. My disgust stems from the notion, expressed frequently and strongly in this thread, that his status as a footballer, particularly in this case with Hibs, should somehow relegate his actions to less significant than his value to our club.

I'm not disagreeing Jim, I like your posts and agree with you - but sense of perspective required and this smacks of this season's The Rangers love in - funny, I know a story of an ex The Rangers player, no longer at the club, and I was astonished it never made press.......mind he was an international and he wasn't a The Rangers player......he was Old Co (just)

Press investigate what they want and as long as it doesn't impact on circulation......simple as that.......get used to non The Rangers 'bad press' this year........as their papers are selling

Golden Bear
11-09-2015, 07:37 PM

Correct Jim. If Feruz was a Hearts player and committed the same offence then I've a feeling that some of the viewpoints on this thread would be different!

givescotlandfreedom
11-09-2015, 07:38 PM
The Sun is a disgusting newspaper. Their football coverage is honourable compared to the rest of their poison.

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2015, 07:44 PM

In what other line of work would you demand somebody be sacked for something out with the work place? I 100% agree that what he has done is wrong and he should be punished but that should be by law, not his employer

B.H.F.C
11-09-2015, 07:49 PM
In what other line of work would you demand somebody be sacked for something out with the work place? I 100% agree that what he has done is wrong and he should be punished but that should be by law, not his employer

Didn't you know everybody who has ever done anything wrong should be prevented from doing their job thereafter?

And they absolutely must be prevented from working prior to standing trial in a court of law for the crime they have apparently committed.

Golden Bear
11-09-2015, 07:50 PM

Many I would think. I knew that if I lost my driving licence then I'd also lose my job and that's just one example.

Greenblood70
11-09-2015, 07:50 PM
I think I'll just let the club deal with this internally, I've every faith in those in possession of the full facts to make the right decision on Feruz. Not always had the same confidence it has to be said.

If that means he gets sent back to Chelsea fair enough, if not then I hope he screws the nut and starts showing his undoubted talent. Ones things for sure he's running out of chances.

Jim44
11-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Aye, but imagine if he was stealing from your multi-branch dept stores, how would you feel.

Would his offence be less serious if he was pinching from Poundland? :~). I think I'm morphing into a philosopher. I must get out more often.

Allant1981
11-09-2015, 08:00 PM

Depending on what it was my staff could lose their job if they have been prosecuted

Jim44
11-09-2015, 08:03 PM

I've said quite a lot on this thread but I don't think I've 'demanded' he be sacked. I would be quite pleased to see Hibs saying 'thanks but no thanks in this guy's case' and let Chelsea, as his employer,decide how much he has arsed up his career. I'll repeat for the last time, as I know I'm sounding like a dog with bone, that I am simply at odds with those who are saying 'who cares what he has done, as long as he does the business for us'.

scotiaf
11-09-2015, 08:07 PM
He has done something wrong and should no better, but my god let the guy go ? He plays football and will be judged on the park. He's not drunk before a game, albeit "Allegedly" missed training.

Worse things have been done by players and I hope he scores tomorrow and jesters to having hand cuffs on as he walks away

Ronniekirk
11-09-2015, 08:34 PM
No, Phil Collins was though.

Only if you take what he says at Face Value

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Are we talking about a driving offence here that has no bearing on his job at Hibs and therefore no hassle for us at all?

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Any news on how the Wigan off casts are enjoying the Glasgow night life?

Flower Jew
11-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Still looking forward to seeing the kid play. He is a huge prospect and has just recently signed a good contract with one of the best teams, in one of the best leagues in the world. He should score goals for fun in this league.

We ought not to hang him out to dry for this very small transgression. The guy has been welcomed warmly in to the Hibs family and you never turn your back on an erring family member.

Thanks be to Mohammed (peace be upon him) for Islam.

GGTTH

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Are we talking about a driving offence here that has no bearing on his job at Hibs and therefore no hassle for us at all?

That's the one

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Any news on how the Wigan off casts are enjoying the Glasgow night life?

I find it hugely ironic that Smart (Sun) always report the periphery story and not the story - maybe under pressure from above or maybe friends in other places/favours telling them not to - who knows.

I've often found The Scottish Sun to be a paper you read if you want to know what the accused had for lunch, not what he actually did - rag !!

KazHibby
11-09-2015, 09:43 PM
apparently Glesga polis seeing the new teddy bears to there bed every nicht! or
certainly that's the rumour in Lagos - world team an aw that!!
:wink:

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 09:44 PM
I find it hugely ironic that Smart (Sun) always report the periphery story and not the story - maybe under pressure from above or maybe friends in other places/favours telling them not to - who knows.

I've often found The Scottish Sun to be a paper you read if you want to know what the accused had for lunch, not what he actually did - rag !!
Indeed. Any journalist looking to see what the uglies players (and one or two ex players) get up to know where to go but daren't.

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2015, 09:52 PM
That's the one

Funny story, I was once visited by the Police in work to show me some pictures to see if I could pick out someone who had committed a theft.Cops hands me an A4 sheet with about 8 pictures on it, I immediately recognise one of them as a fellow manager in my workplace and ask the cop if this is a wind up. He hasn't got a clue so I tell him I know the guy in the picture and he works here. Cops says they are pictures taken off the system that match roughly the suspect so the guy in question must be on the system. I approached the guy later and told him about his picture as he was actually a decent friend of mine in work. Turns out he had been done for drink driving hence the picture and was currently disqualified. He had informed his boss but no one else, the boss's response was well seeing as you don't need a licence to do your job there's no problem.

silverhibee
11-09-2015, 10:06 PM

Did Hibs not sack the lad McCormack for drink driving. ? :dunno:

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2015, 10:10 PM

Did they? Not sure mate, would be surprised if that was the case.

matty_f
11-09-2015, 10:12 PM
One of my old employers held jobs for two staff members who were imprisoned for drink driving and opted to help rehabilitate.

Aubenas
11-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Tuesday: "Islam Feruz insisted last night that he has learned from his previous mistakes and has asked to be judged on what he achieves at Hibs rather than what people think they know about him. 'It would be nice to be judged on what I do at Hibs and how I behave in Scotland'"

Early Wednesday: In a police cell, driving while banned, gives false name. Due process still to be conducted, but no sign of his representatives denying the suggestion.

He's taking the p*** out of Hibs, the staff, his colleagues, and the support.

Hibs class? Nowhere near it.

We either have integrity as an organisation, or we may as well be Rangers or Hearts.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Tuesday: "Islam Feruz insisted last night that he has learned from his previous mistakes and has asked to be judged on what he achieves at Hibs rather than what people think they know about him. 'It would be nice to be judged on what I do at Hibs and how I behave in Scotland'"

Early Wednesday: In a police cell, driving while banned, gives false name. Due process still to be conducted, but no sign of his representatives denying the suggestion.

He's taking the p*** out of Hibs, the staff, his colleagues, and the support.

Hibs class? Nowhere near it.

We either have integrity as an organisation, or we may as well be Rangers or Hearts.

There is players with convictions playing for teams all over the country. And people with convictions employed all over the country.

All this nonsence about integrity and so on is exactly that. Nonsence.

mca
11-09-2015, 10:34 PM

I Seem to Remember us Sacking a Reserve Goalie For Something similar !!! Aussie Bloke.. ???

FranckSuzy
11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
I Seem to Remember us Sacking a Reserve Goalie For Something similar !!! Aussie Bloke.. ???

Hungarian, David Grof :greengrin

mca
11-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Hungarian, David Grof :greengrin

That's the Laddie.. Decent Prospect.. and pumped for Drink Driving - I think... Sure someone will have the facts.. :wink:

FranckSuzy
11-09-2015, 10:50 PM
That's the Laddie.. Decent Prospect.. and pumped for Drink Driving - I think... Sure someone will have the facts.. :wink:

Here's the BBC's take on it, rather than the DR's....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7792050.stm

mca
11-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Here's the BBC's take on it, rather than the DR's....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7792050.stm

Were They Not Both- Pumped out at the next available chance... :greengrin

lucky
12-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Feruz is a young man that's come from a troubled background and found he's got amazing talent for football. His talent has give him untold riches for a young man. He's struggled to cope with this. He's still making mistakes as he's believed he's untouchable. Hopefully this is just another life lesson for this young man. There are lots of people who have made mistakes in life and go on to have successful careers.

I'm not in favour of sacking a young man over a motoring offence. I'm sure Hibs will deal with this and he and the club can move on together. But ultimately Stubbs, Demster will need to judge what are the pros and cons of this young man being at Hibs.
Separate point what is "Hibs class"?

Kojock
12-09-2015, 07:17 AM
As already posted, one day he is saying don't judge him on his past, he has learned from his mistakes and to judge him for what he does at Hibs.

Next day he is in a cell prior to his appearance at court on a serious motoring charge and subsequently released on bail.

He is now skating on thin ice, and if he commits any further offences, he then breaches his bail conditions and there is every possibility he will be remanded in custody. He is no good to Hibs lying in The Bar L.

Make no mistake this is a serious offence for which he could easily receive a custodial sentence.

Onion
12-09-2015, 07:25 AM
As already posted, one day he is saying don't judge him on his past, he has learned from his mistakes and to judge him for what he does at Hibs.

Next day he is in a cell prior to his appearance at court on a serious motoring charge and subsequently released on bail.

He is now skating on thin ice, and if he commits any further offences, he then breaches his bail conditions and there is every possibility he will be remanded in custody. He is no good to Hibs lying in The Bar L.

Make no mistake this is a serious offence for which he could easily receive a custodial sentence.

Just makes him look like an idiot to Subbs, the other players and Hibs fans. But hardly a reason to cut him off at the knees. I'd imagine he'll get a warning and told to toe the line for the rest of his stay, or be booted out. Either this lad knows he's running out of lives or he's like a lot of footballers, got **** for brains.

J-C
12-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Feruz is a young man that's come from a troubled background and found he's got amazing talent for football. His talent has give him untold riches for a young man. He's struggled to cope with this. He's still making mistakes as he's believed he's untouchable. Hopefully this is just another life lesson for this young man. There are lots of people who have made mistakes in life and go on to have successful careers.

I'm not in favour of sacking a young man over a motoring offence. I'm sure Hibs will deal with this and he and the club can move on together. But ultimately Stubbs, Demster will need to judge what are the pros and cons of this young man being at Hibs.
Separate point what is "Hibs class"?

TBH do we need to be baby sitting Chelsea's problem, he's been here less than a fortnight and has already ended up in the cells, he's also been turning up for training in his Porsche knowing all the time that he was breaking the law every day he did this and without a blink of an eye, blatantly sticking his finger up to all and sundry saying, I'll do what I want when I want.

I'm with you on this, it's not a case of sacking anyone for a driving offence, just a case of saying to Chelsea he's your player, you deal with him.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2015, 08:22 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bad-boy-islam-feruz-set-6424835

CentreLine
12-09-2015, 08:36 AM

I think it is possible to disapprove of certain behaviour but accept that it is the job of the judicial system to deal with it. It seems these days that the press and the keyboard lawyers want to be judge jury and, more worryingly, executioner. Every indiscretion it seems needs to lead to the desire for the total destruction of a persons life. Well there's a reason we don't let the press investigate crime and a very important reason we no longer allow the mob to decide people's fate.

Peevemor
12-09-2015, 08:39 AM
TBH do we need to be baby sitting Chelsea's problem, he's been here less than a fortnight and has already ended up in the cells, he's also been turning up for training in his Porsche knowing all the time that he was breaking the law every day he did this and without a blink of an eye, blatantly sticking his finger up to all and sundry saying, I'll do what I want when I want.

I'm with you on this, it's not a case of sacking anyone for a driving offence, just a case of saying to Chelsea he's your player, you deal with him.

This is the stuff that I find both OTT and 100% wrong. As with the majority of folk on here I've knowingly broken the law (driving offences, underage drinking, pissing in pubic...). Why? Because I was in a hurry? Because I wanted to be like everyone else? Because I was being a dick? There are many different reasons, but never was it anything to do with the attitude you suggest in your post.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2015, 08:58 AM
This is the stuff that I find both OTT and 100% wrong. As with the majority of folk on here I've knowingly broken the law (driving offences, underage drinking, pissing in pubic...). Why? Because I was in a hurry? Because I wanted to be lke everyone else? Because I was being a dick? There are many different reasons, but never was it anything to do with the attitude you suggest in your post.

Suggest you hand yourself in mate, you're not Hibs class so stay away from Easter road you naughty man.

Jim44
12-09-2015, 08:58 AM
I think it is possible to disapprove of certain behaviour but accept that it is the job of the judicial system to deal with it. It seems these days that the press and the keyboard lawyers want to be judge jury and, more worryingly, executioner. Every indiscretion it seems needs to lead to the desire for the total destruction of a persons life. Well there's a reason we don't let the press investigate crime and a very important reason we no longer allow the mob to decide people's fate.

Very succinctly put and very difficult to disagree with but it still doesn't put a lid on people responding angrily and emotionally to what, I suspect, due legal processes will decide is reckless and criminal behaviour ( but, hey, that's just the opinion of an old judgemental fart ).

FranckSuzy
12-09-2015, 08:59 AM

:top marks

J-C
12-09-2015, 09:20 AM
This is the stuff that I find both OTT and 100% wrong. As with the majority of folk on here I've knowingly broken the law (driving offences, underage drinking, pissing in pubic...). Why? Because I was in a hurry? Because I wanted to be lke everyone else? Because I was being a dick? There are many different reasons, but never was it anything to do with the attitude you suggest in your post.

So you feel it's ok to continually drive an £80k porsche every day while banned and illegally, do think he was doing it for a bit of fun, just to show off or more than likely he's thought to himself, sod it, it's my car and I'll drive it no matter what the consequences are, I don't give ****.

Peevemor
12-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Suggest you hand yourself in mate, you're not Hibs class so stay away from Easter road you naughty man.

I fled the country. :greengrin

silverhibee
12-09-2015, 09:26 AM
There is players with convictions playing for teams all over the country. And people with convictions employed all over the country.

All this nonsence about integrity and so on is exactly that. Nonsence.

The lad McGowan for Dundee wears a tag and can't make games at night time because of his curfew, that was after his 3rd charge for assaulting Police officers.

It would seem like that St Mirren and Dundee weren't to fussed about his criminal past.

BoomtownHibees
12-09-2015, 09:48 AM
So you feel it's ok to continually drive an £80k porsche every day while banned and illegally, do think he was doing it for a bit of fun, just to show off or more than likely he's thought to himself, sod it, it's my car and I'll drive it no matter what the consequences are, I don't give ****.

That's all fine and well but I'm yet to hear what difference it makes to Hibs as a club and why so many on here are getting their knickers in a twist. Let the law deal with it and let the laddie get on with his job. The 2 are not related in any shape or form.

Peevemor
12-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Probably this and while I don't condone it, it's hardly the same as "sticking his finger up to all and sundry".

Kojock
12-09-2015, 10:20 AM
That's all fine and well but I'm yet to hear what difference it makes to Hibs as a club and why so many on here are getting their knickers in a twist. Let the law deal with it and let the laddie get on with his job. The 2 are not related in any shape or form.

Of course it affects the club, it brings them bad publicity, and whether we agree with it or not it made the front page of a national newspaper. Plus what message does it send out to young fans, "You can do whatever you want as long as you are a good footballer"

J-C
12-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Probably this and while I don't condone it, it's hardly the same as "sticking his finger up to all and sundry".

Sticking you finger up to all and sundry was my way of saying sod it I'll do what the hell I want, I thought that was plainly obvious.

I think the difference between McGowan and Feruz is one is a contracted player and the other on a loan under contract to someone else, it's now up to us to put an arm round him as he's here but it should be Chelsea's responsibility.

Golden Bear
12-09-2015, 10:24 AM

The guys driving "indiscretion" has already had a direct consequence for Hibs in so far as he was listed to play for the Development team in midweek but couldn't play because of the timing of his offence.

Don't get me wrong, we all mistakes in life, some folk learn from their mistakes but others don't.

BoomtownHibees
12-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Of course it affects the club, it brings them bad publicity, and whether we agree with it or not it made the front page of a national newspaper. Plus what message does it send out to young fans, "You can do whatever you want as long as you are a good footballer"

Ah the old "role-model" chat. Has there ever been any proof that a young fan had followed in the foot steps of their bad boy footballing hero?

I had hero's as a youngster as well but I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't see one on the front page of the newspaper and think "aw well if he can do it then so can I"

BoomtownHibees
12-09-2015, 10:28 AM
The guys driving "indiscretion" has already had a direct consequence for Hibs in so far as he was listed to play for the Development team in midweek but couldn't play because of the timing of his offence.

Don't get me wrong, we all mistakes in life, some folk learn from their mistakes but others don't.

Where did you see him listed to play?

Golden Bear
12-09-2015, 10:30 AM

On here ------------ think it was also in the Evening News.

BoomtownHibees
12-09-2015, 10:40 AM

Must have been true then

Jim44
12-09-2015, 11:10 AM

Must have been true then

You asked a question, you got a civil answer, what gives with the dismissive sarcasm?

Your statement that it has nothing to do with the club is miles wide of the mark. I would be amazed if there is no written references to the extra-curricular conduct of employees in relation to the image and reputation of the club. I'd hazard a guess and say it might well be written into players' contracts.

BoomtownHibees
12-09-2015, 11:21 AM
You asked a question, you got a civil answer, what gives with the dismissive sarcasm?

Your statement that it has nothing to do with the club is miles wide of the mark. I would be amazed if there is no written references to the extra-curricular conduct of employees in relation to the image and reputation of the club. I'd hazard a guess and say it might well be written into players' contracts.

Well we will see what the club choose to do with him then. Hung, drawn and quartered would be my guess.

oneone73
12-09-2015, 11:27 AM

If he's been driving to EM as reported, he has been breaking the law, every day, at his workplace. I hope he hasn't been that contemptuous of Hibs.

tamig
12-09-2015, 12:33 PM
If he's been driving to EM as reported, he has been breaking the law, every day, at his workplace. I hope he hasn't been that contemptuous of Hibs.

The other thing is he could have been blissfully unaware of his driving restrictions. I think we all know that a lot of players are mollycoddled and have everything laid on a plate for them. A few don't appear to be the sharpest tools in the box. Maybe he thought he was ok to drive in Scotland?

greenginger
12-09-2015, 12:41 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/islam-feruz-held-for-driving-porsche-while-banned-1-3884134

Feruz pleads not guilty, trial set for next February, can we leave it for now.

Keith_M
12-09-2015, 12:50 PM

This question comes up quite a lot, of whether Football Players should be judged to different standards than young guys in general. You know what, it probably is unfair, but I think different standards do, and should, apply.

If you get caught drink driving while working as a Brickie, Window Cleaner, whatever, it has little impact on your Employer as it's highly unlikely to be printed in a Newspaper.

As we've seen so often, as in this case, the Papers are only too delighted to tell everybody, and it does reflect badly on the Club. That's why they often insist on Contract Clauses like the above.

If you want to insist on taking drugs, getting pissed, acting like a yob, then accept that a career as a Professional Sportsman might not be for you. If, however, you want the Money and Fame that go with it, then screw the nut and accept that different standards are required.

Smartie
12-09-2015, 12:52 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/islam-feruz-held-for-driving-porsche-while-banned-1-3884134

Feruz pleads not guilty, trial set for next February, can we leave it for now.

The most important 4 words on the thread.

Innocent until proven guilty.

We may have a decision to make next year, we may not.

For now we need to back our club, our team and our player irrespective of what we think of what he may have done.

Flower Jew
12-09-2015, 02:20 PM
The other thing is he could have been blissfully unaware of his driving restrictions. I think we all know that a lot of players are mollycoddled and have everything laid on a plate for them. A few don't appear to be the sharpest tools in the box. Maybe he thought he was ok to drive in Scotland?

He gave the officers a false name, which suggests guilt.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2015, 03:01 PM

Maybe he couln't remember his name :-)

Betty Boop
12-09-2015, 03:03 PM

Is that Doctor Wilhelm Reich in your avatar ?

greenginger
12-09-2015, 04:49 PM

Did he ? I thought that would be something for the Sheriff to decide.

Flower Jew
12-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Did he ? I thought that would be something for the Sheriff to decide.

Strangest thing I've read today. I don't know how to reply to this.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-09-2015, 08:31 PM

What name would Cat Stevens give?

Flower Jew
12-09-2015, 08:35 PM

It is.

Flower Jew
12-09-2015, 08:38 PM
What name would Cat Stevens give?

Is that Shakys Mrs?

Kato
12-09-2015, 08:46 PM
It is.

He was a bit of a card.

Ronniekirk
12-09-2015, 08:46 PM

Orgon energy and bion interesting work

greenginger
12-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Strangest thing I've read today. I don't know how to reply to this.

Whether the player gave a false name or not is one of the charges to be answered in the court in February.

It should not be commented upon at all.

Flower Jew
12-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Whether the player gave a false name or not is one of the charges to be answered in the court in February.

It should not be commented upon at all.

I see. :aok:

Did the kid get any game time today? If so, how was he?

Betty Boop
13-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Orgon energy and bion interesting work

:agree: Fascinating !

Bostonhibby
13-09-2015, 07:11 PM

The lad McGowan for Dundee wears a tag and can't make games at night time because of his curfew, that was after his 3rd charge for assaulting Police officers.

It would seem like that St Mirren and Dundee weren't to fussed about his criminal past.
Agree.

The yam are admittedly always right at the very end of any moral and criminal scale so maybe there's no point in mentioning that they both uniquely employed one convicted sex offender and remarkably retained the services of another after he was convicted. Now there's a story.

Another first that is unlikely to be matched