PDA

View Full Version : TV deal extended to end of 2019/20 season...

3pm
10-09-2015, 03:46 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-agrees-new-deal-with-sky-amp-bt/

davy malcolm
10-09-2015, 03:53 PM
I bet the deal will be sweeties

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

lucky
10-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Interestingly Sky, BT or the SPLF have released any details of the amount of cash involved. When it was the EPL the multi million deal was splashed everywhere

Lago
10-09-2015, 04:43 PM
:top marks
Interestingly Sky, BT or the SPLF have released any details of the amount of cash involved. When it was the EPL the multi million deal was splashed everywhere

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2015, 04:50 PM

I presume you mean 'have not' :greengrin

zlatan
10-09-2015, 04:54 PM
25% increase but still naff all even compared to stuff like domestic rugby.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Interesting the agreement is only for Premiership and play off matches according to the announcement.

Must be confident of Rangers being promoted this year.

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2015, 04:57 PM

"On improved terms"

I wonder what the carrot was the SPFL used to get an improved deal and such a long one ...... Mind you, improved could mean an extra £1000 a season :dunno:

keep the faith
10-09-2015, 04:57 PM
25% increase but still naff all even compared to stuff like domestic rugby.

I bet sky pay way more to the mls to show their former English international's veterans league in the uk.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2015, 05:00 PM
"On improved terms"

I wonder what the carrot was the SPFL used to get an improved deal and such a long one ...... Mind you, improved could mean an extra £1000 a season :dunno:

If it's correct about it only being Premiership games then the 'improved terms' could be the cessation of the money the league were paying back to Sky and BT to show Rangers games from lower league venues.

IanM
10-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Watford FC ,average attendance 16,664 with no top tier trophies in 134 year history will receive 5 times the total TV money of all SPL clubs

DavieRoy
10-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Watford FC ,average attendance 16,664 with no top tier trophies in 134 year history will receive 5 times the total TV money of all SPL clubs

Just because England get a certain amount, there is no correlation to what Scotland should get.

4 companies were bidding for the last English Premier League tender.

It is up to the SPFL to drive up the price and create a market. Not Sky or BT's fault for putting in a bid and it being accepted.

Ask yourself why the SFA make a lot of money from TV contracts via Sky, BBC and UEFA for Scotland rights and Scottish Cup? Same companies buying the rights in terms of Sky and BBC. They also have a good highlights deal for the Scottish Cup with BBC on a Saturday night. People think Scottish football doesn't do well from TV, the SFA does well.

What can the SPFL do to increase revenue?

They have had 2 out of the last 3 Saturday cards TV free with all 3pm kickoffs but little increase in crowds while most of the Sky live games this season have been sell outs.

Are too many games live on TV? How big an impact is not having two of the five biggest clubs out of the top league? Are clubs doing enough to make themselves accessible to the media to promote themselves? How do you make the product more attractive outside of Scotland?