PDA

View Full Version : Deek

Pages : [1] 2 3

CallumLaidlaw
09-09-2015, 04:19 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-riordan-back-easter-road-6412746

liamh2202
09-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Popcorn time

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Been saying for donkeys there's absolutely no harm in bringing him in and having a look. He's maybe lost a yard but he's no gonna have lost his touch of class because that's permanent.

Maybe the incentive of Hibs will fire him up more than playing for the likes of East Fife, it certainly should. The ball's in his court to potentially win a deal and I'll be ecstatic if he proves his worth.

Legend, absolutely no argument about that one :aok:

GreenLake
09-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Could be in the team in a few weeks. :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
09-09-2015, 04:26 PM
If he gets fit and still has it...then he will be worth a deal

scoopyboy
09-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Been saying for donkeys there's absolutely no harm in bringing him in and having a look. He's maybe lost a yard but he's no gonna have lost his touch of class because that's permanent.

Maybe the incentive of Hibs will fire him up more than playing for the likes of East Fife, it certainly should. The ball's in his court to potentially win a deal and I'll be ecstatic if he proves his worth.

We've not brought him in to have a look at him Sean.

We are giving him a helping hand.

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 04:31 PM

Hibs aren't looking at him and rightly so. Nothing wrong with Hibs helping him out though, served the club well but I'd be astounded if Stubbs had even 1% interest of signing him.

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 04:33 PM
So if he impresses and Stubbs likes the look of him he'll not be offered something? Rubbish

Matty_Jack04
09-09-2015, 04:33 PM
This place is indeed crazy, we didn't need anier because we've too much up front we need a left back, Swanson isn't good enough because he's not fit enough and at 28 won't get better but deek might be worth a deal...madness as much as I loved the guy there is no way we should be looking to sign him it's a good thing to give the guy the opportunity to get fit it's a nice touch but that's all it should be

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 04:37 PM
So if he impresses and Stubbs likes the look of him he'll not be offered something? Rubbish

He's not there to impress Stubbs Sean. He's only using the facilities to get fit! I'd be shocked if Stubbs sees much of him at all. Sure Silver will know more than most on this, but I think it's safe to say his Hibs days are long gone!

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 04:37 PM
This place is indeed crazy, we didn't need anier because we've too much up front we need a left back, Swanson isn't good enough because he's not fit enough and at 28 won't get better but deek might be worth a deal...madness as much as I loved the guy there is no way we should be looking to sign him it's a good thing to give the guy the opportunity to get fit it's a nice touch but that's all it should be

Well said!

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 04:38 PM
He's not there to impress Stubbs Sean. He's only using the facilities to get fit! I'd be shocked if Stubbs sees much of him at all. Sure Silver will know more than most on this, but I think it's safe to say his Hibs days are long gone!
Well let's just hope he's on the training pitch next to the first team, having himself some shooting practice and Stubbs looks over :greengrin

TheHarpy76
09-09-2015, 04:40 PM
He won't be signed...Thankfully.

Don't get me wrong, I loved him in his previous two spells but he's completely finished. 5 goals in 4 years is pretty much proof of that.

GreenLake
09-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Play a loop of the theme tune to "Rocky" in the gym.

3pm
09-09-2015, 04:45 PM
The 2-3-5 is shaping up well.

I would be happy to give him a deal if he proves he's good enough.

jacomo
09-09-2015, 04:50 PM
The squad definitely needs another striker.

scoopyboy
09-09-2015, 04:54 PM

Sean, you're clutching at straws mate.

Deek will always be a legend in my eyes but I have accepted all good things come to an end.

scoopyboy
09-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Well let's just hope he's on the training pitch next to the first team, having himself some shooting practice and Stubbs looks over :greengrin

He's been on the same pitch as the first team.

Billychaotic182
09-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Sign him 😎

My_Wife_Camille
09-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Hibernian legend. Sign him up

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-09-2015, 05:05 PM
50 pages [emoji16]

Flower Jew
09-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Nice gesture by Mr Moustache.

whereswallace?
09-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Spoke to him earlier and he was massively impressed by the training yesterday, said it was hard work but all with the ball and that it's a good bunch of boys that enjoy it.

He's only there to get fit but hearing someone prasing the training etc is a good thing as all too often we hear of players moaning about training methods from previous managers.

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM

He could prob still finish as good as when he played. But everything else he had I think is gone sadly. Will always be a player I admire but I wouldn't take him at Hibs mate now.

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
He could prob still finish as good as when he played. But everything else he had I think is gone sadly. Will always be a player I admire but I wouldn't take him at Hibs mate now.
Fairs fair bud, opinions.:aok:

Personally and I understand ill be in a huge minority here but I'd give him a chance.

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Fairs fair bud, opinions.:aok:

Personally and I understand ill be in a huge minority here but I'd give him a chance.

Yeah there is still a few that would take him and as you say all about opinions. I just feel he'd have been picked up by now if he still had something to offer.

Pretty Boy
09-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Sean, you're clutching at straws mate.

Deek will always be a legend in my eyes but I have accepted all good things come to an end.

This is it for me.

Absolutely 100% a modern day Hibs legend but we wouldn't entertain the notion of signing a player who has played as little as DR in recent years so we shouldn't be doing so with him.

I'm quite happy to look back with fond memories at a guy who lived the dream and can be rightly proud of what he achieved at ER.

#FromTheCapital
09-09-2015, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't have taken him back at any point in the last few years, never mind now when we've got more than enough strikers.

Club legend and I'll always be grateful for the performances and goals in a hibs shirt. But he's 32 now and hasn't played nearly enough since he left us last time, I just don't think it would work out at all.

leggeto
09-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Hope he comes to us and finishes his career here,great player

Billy Whizz
09-09-2015, 05:52 PM
As another poster mentioned, get him to show the other guys how to take free kicks. Wouldn't do him any harm to show Oxley where to stand when defending free kicks as well

SteveHFC
09-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Hope he comes to us and finishes his career here,great player

This.

Best news I've heard this week.

hibeesboii
09-09-2015, 05:58 PM
All the best to him. If its impressing Stubbs and getting a deal, or getting himself fit to go somewhere else.

Ronniekirk
09-09-2015, 05:58 PM
As another poster mentioned, get him to show the other guys how to take free kicks. Wouldn't do him any harm to show Oxley where to stand when defending free kicks as well
This ,and surely if he is having a positive influence on the young strikers ,he would be worth a short term deal to coach keatings Cummings and feruz :rolleyes:

O'Rourke3
09-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Stick him in the Development Team :tin hat::stirrer:

SaulGoodman
09-09-2015, 06:01 PM
I'd sign him just for the sake of it.

Flower Jew
09-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Hope he comes to us and finishes his career here,great playerIf he does I hereby decree that I shall get in to a bath of baked beans outside the Famous 5 Stand for the next home game and chant Hare Krishna through a traffic cone for the entire 90 minutes.

Archie70
09-09-2015, 06:13 PM
If he can get fit a "pay as you play". You don't need 90 minutes out a squad player.

The increased crowd and the interest it would generate would pay his wages.

Remember Best, Sauzee and Archibald were finished when they came to us!

Bayern Bru
09-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Hedging his bets, misinformed or just talking single fish? Or accurate?!

@bbckennymac (https://twitter.com/bbckennymac)
#BBCSportsound (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BBCSportsound) - news for @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/) fans - Derek Riordan is training with the club with a view to signing. #hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hibs)

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Hibernian legend. Sign him up

This....

Defo now an impact player, bring him with 20 minutes to go then bang!....

:agree: :wink:

eastmainsmsh
09-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Rather deek playing wide left sign him

jacomo
09-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Nice gesture by Mr Moustache.

Still calling the shots, obvs. :wink:

Twiglet
09-09-2015, 06:31 PM

As soon as I saw he was being allowed to use the facilities I thought the same Billy. We've had a few free kicks in good positions recently and we haven't got anything out of them, it's either in the wall or well over the bar. Would love to have someone who could come on and take a free kick like Deeks did.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-09-2015, 06:36 PM
If he comes and and gets match fit and then leaves, then where is the harm? Might heal a few wounds at the same time . But we should maybe start and empty house thread, so that some posters can go and start a fight in it.

hibees 7062
09-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Still calling the shots, obvs. :wink:

:agree:

erin go bragh
09-09-2015, 06:44 PM
As soon as I saw he was being allowed to use the facilities I thought the same Billy. We've had a few free kicks in good positions recently and we haven't got anything out of them, it's either in the wall or well over the bar. Would love to have someone who could come on and take a free kick like Deeks did.
Hibs could offer him a coaching gig with a pay if you play ,thrown in for good measure . I'm in .

GGTTH

KeithTheHibby
09-09-2015, 06:52 PM
I really don't see the harm in this. Riordan gets fit, Stubbs gets a look at a striker.
If he doesn't impress then nothing lost.

Cabbage East
09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Sign him. What an option to bring on against the likes of Alloa when we need a goal.

TheHarpy76
09-09-2015, 06:57 PM
I really don't see the harm in this. Riordan gets fit, Stubbs gets a look at a striker.
If he doesn't impress then nothing lost.

This.

We're really short of strikers at the moment.

lord bunberry
09-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Get him signed up

Ozyhibby
09-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Hibs could offer him a coaching gig with a pay if you play ,thrown in for good measure . I'm in .

GGTTH

Is there a coaching vacancy? Has he any experience? Has he or is he doing his coaching qualifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
09-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Guess I'm the only one that's dissapointed with this news.

We've already got too many strikers and he's past it imo. Unless we can bring him on to take free kicks I'd rather we looked to the future.

Diclonius
09-09-2015, 07:31 PM
I never actually thought this would ever become a reality. Fair play if he wins a contract, willing to bet he's play for free is asked.

Surely we have enough strikers though? He'd be our 7th choice (6th with El Alagui out). And none of this "ehhh Anier is *****" pish.

SaulGoodman
09-09-2015, 07:32 PM

We've already got too many strikers and he's past it imo. Unless we can bring him on to take free kicks I'd rather we looked to the future.

If, and that's a big IF, we do somehow give him a contract. The type of contract will be important.

It could be a no lose situation for Hibs and Deek.

Bostonhibby
09-09-2015, 07:36 PM
At the level we are playing at and because of the player we are talking about I am going to come right out and say that if he still has 50% of his ability to make a goal out of nothing and a desire to do a bit for the team he always supported then bring him back. A game changing sub against some of the rubbish we failed to bury last season?

Afew years older a few years wiser? maybe just maybe.

If he got 20 games he'll probably get 10 goals.............

Only thing troubling me is its the ****** that's saying it and WTF has it got to do with Petrie given his "less involved" role.

McKenzie
09-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Give him a squad number and I'll buy the kit. Get him fit and he's 10x the strikers we have just now.

Pretty Boy
09-09-2015, 07:38 PM

It looks like it's just a training arrangement.

If he does earn a contract it will be because he's doing something special in training which can only be a good thing.

Seems ok to me. We offer training facilities to an ex player and, whatever anyone says, get a wee look at him. He gets to train. I'll wager in a few weeks there will be a handshake, a thanks very much and we move on.

Hibernia&Alba
09-09-2015, 07:40 PM
It isn't going to happen. Top player in his day, but that ship has sailed.

sadtom
09-09-2015, 07:42 PM
This....

Defo now an impact player, bring him with 20 minutes to go then bang!....

:agree: :wink:

"Bang"? Is that Deek's hamstring going?! ;-)
Loved watching him in his pomp. And just as Jimmy O'Rourke was my first footballing hero, i'll always be greatful to Deek for being my 1st born son's hero.
Unfortunately his time has come and gone and those suggesting he could still do a job are beyond kidding themselves on. Its borderline rubber room-esque delusion.
Also i wouldnt like to see his reputation and standing amongst the Hibs support sullied by an ill conceived 3rd stint.
All the best to Deek and i hope he can get fit and sharp enough to at least get a decent part time club.
He is a Hibs legend...i'd like it yo stay that way.

Bostonhibby
09-09-2015, 07:47 PM
]"Bang"? Is that Deek's hamstring going?! [/B];-)
Loved watching him in his pomp. And just as Jimmy O'Rourke was my first footballing hero, i'll always be greatful to Deek for being my 1st born son's hero.
Unfortunately his time has come and gone and those suggesting he could still do a job are beyond kidding themselves on. Its borderline rubber room-esque delusion.
Also i wouldnt like to see his reputation and standing amongst the Hibs support sullied by an ill conceived 3rd stint.
All the best to Deek and i hope he can get fit and sharp enough to at least get a decent part time club.
He is a Hibs legend...i'd like it yo stay that way.

Ain't happened so far, At our current level, for this particular player I'd like to see what actually happens if he gets the incentive.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Pay as you play deal !

MrSmith
09-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Ship sailed, half the player, times up, etc etc, thing is and as far as I'm aware, he's as fit as and very capable!

We we ain't scoring goals ... Science, rocket and logic spring to mind!

jdships
09-09-2015, 07:50 PM
It isn't going to happen. Top player in his day, but that ship has sailed.

Correct
Sailed a year or two ago , i;m afraid
If he came we would have more strikers than " UNITE" :greengrin

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Ain't happened so far, At our current level, for this particular player I'd like to see what actually happens if he gets the incentive.

As I said earlier... The pull of Hibs would be the incentive for him the likes of East Fife and Brechin weren't.

If he's hungry for it he'll show it in training and if he does that then short-term deal isn't an unlikely outcome.

Stubbs is hardly gonna give any old Joe Public the chance to train with the first team. The ball's in Riordan's court here and I'll trust Stubbs judgement.

Hibernia&Alba
09-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Ship sailed, half the player, times up, etc etc, thing is and as far as I'm aware, he's as fit as and very capable!

We we ain't scoring goals ... Science, rocket and logic spring to mind!

I'd say Deek is my favourite player during my time watching Hibs. A fan who had the ability to make it; a terrific natural talent who could score goals from nothing. I loved watching him during his first spell, but it's over. Time works against us all. We need to look to the future.

danhibees1875
09-09-2015, 08:20 PM
It'd be good to have an extra option upfront, Stubbs has neglected this area imo.

Waxy
09-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Might be able to add a bit knowledge but he'd be 5th or 6th choice striker.

HappyHanlon
09-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Imagine the numbers he'd put on a development match's gate!

Seeing Deek in a Hibs strip would be sensational.

**** the haters

Cabbage East
09-09-2015, 08:39 PM
It's win win. If he is fit and applies himself in training, give him a season long deal. We're not the Hibs of 5 years ago. We're in the championship. Worth a deal for someone to bring on when we're chasing a goal at least.

hibby6270
09-09-2015, 08:42 PM

This :top marks

Brightside
09-09-2015, 08:44 PM

As I said earlier... The pull of Hibs would be the incentive for him the likes of East Fife and Brechin weren't.

If he's hungry for it he'll show it in training and if he does that then short-term deal isn't an unlikely outcome.

Stubbs is hardly gonna give any old Joe Public the chance to train with the first team. The ball's in Riordan's court here and I'll trust Stubbs judgement.

What makes you think he's training with the first team??

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2015, 08:47 PM

Maybe its the pictures of him training with the 1st team squad?

FranckSuzy
09-09-2015, 08:51 PM

:tee hee:

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Maybe the photos that are floating about Twitter nah?

snedzuk
09-09-2015, 09:04 PM
If he does I hereby decree that I shall get in to a bath of baked beans outside the Famous 5 Stand for the next home game and chant Hare Krishna through a traffic cone for the entire 90 minutes.

Sign him just to make this happen!

Leith Mo
09-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Training with a long shot of a deal. When we signed Heffernan at his age I thought he'd score more but didn't although his experience was good for the younger guys.Might be the same with Deek more on his Hibs connections than recent perceived failings? I'd give him a final chance on our terms

My_Wife_Camille
09-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Maybe the photos that are floating about Twitter nah?

What makes you think that those first team players were training with the first team squad?

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2015, 09:21 PM

What is there to be disappointed about? He's not here on trial nor is he here to prove anything to Alan Stubbs. The club have extended a local lad the courtesy of their facilities in order for him to train and get fit nothing else.

Big L
09-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Loved the guy, great striker of the ball, but We've got 8 strikers not including Insall, Hibs allowing him training facilities which is only right after the service he gave the club!

Ringothedog
09-09-2015, 09:34 PM
What is there to be disappointed about? He's not here on trial nor is he here to prove anything to Alan Stubbs. The club have extended a local lad the courtesy of their facilities in order for him to train and get fit nothing else.

Come on, it wouldn't be a .net thread if someone wasn't disappointed about something Hibernian have or haven't done.

My_Wife_Camille
09-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Get him a game for the Development team. Bumper crowd!

SteveHFC
09-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Get him a game for the Development team. Bumper crowd!

Smartie
09-09-2015, 09:49 PM
The guy has scored bucket loads of goals for Hibs and given us some great moments.

He deserves the chance to keep himself fit with us.

I'm not reading anything more into it, I don't think there's anything more in it than that. Maybe if it was a few months ago and we hadn't signed all the strikers we have but not now.

I can see it having other benefits for us though - firstly it's good to have a high profile player talking about how good our training is. This may have an effect on other players wanting to join us in future.

He's also got a lot to pass onto younger players imo. He's scored a lot of goals, played for his country and one of this country's biggest clubs, played under a few good managers and a few iffy ones, played overseas and all the while made plenty of mistakes that others might learn from.

I hope he gets a club, if that's what he wants. If not, a move towards coaching might suit. Our friends across the city have a chap who scored a lot of goals for them in a similar role right now and that seems to work well for them.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2015, 10:15 PM
I completely support the club offering him training facilities to keep himself fit, the guy's one of the biggest Hibs legends in the past 20-30 years so it's only right that you look after one of your own.

However I would cool any talk of him signing for us. Let's be honest, if he wasn't a Hibs fan, anyone who had been in the wilderness like Riordan has been over the last four years or so would not be someone that we would be encouraging the club to sign, despite previous goalscoring records.

Eyrie
09-09-2015, 10:22 PM
I completely support the club offering him training facilities to keep himself fit, the guy's one of the biggest Hibs legends in the past 20-30 years so it's only right that you look after one of your own.

However I would cool any talk of him signing for us. Let's be honest, if he wasn't a Hibs fan, anyone who had been in the wilderness like Riordan has been over the last four years or so would not be someone that we would be encouraging the club to sign, despite previous goalscoring records.

Never mind signing someone like that, .net would be in meltdown over offering him training facilities.

No problem with making an exception for Riordan, but I'd rather he was playing full time somewhere than simply training in hope.

Ronster117
09-09-2015, 10:27 PM
In my opinion, Derek could well do a turn in the championship. We are not in the premiership and at the moment mid table in the second tier,(I do expect that to change soon)... So we are where we are and deek could hold his own at this level...... That said I dont expect stubbsy rushing to offer a deal, keep up the good work deek, maybes he'll prove us wrong and turn into the deek of old.
:flag:

silverhibee
09-09-2015, 10:29 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6630300/Deek-back-at-Hibees.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20150909-_-SunScotSport-_-233601375

silverhibee
09-09-2015, 10:42 PM
For those that don't want to click on The Sun link.

DEREK RIORDAN is back at Hibs training and dreaming of a THIRD spell at his boyhood heroes.

The former Easter Road strike idol and free agent - able to sign for any club outside of the transfer window - today told SunSport Online of his gratitude to Hibees boss Alan Stubbs.

Riordan had been persona non grata at the club for the last two years - not even allowed complimentary tickets for games after slaughtering the team and then boss Pat Fenlon in a SunSport print exclusive in October, 2013.

s
Derek Riordan is back at Easter Road Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
That deeply hurt the 2005 young player of the year and one of Scotland's greatest top flight goalscorers.

And it's all the more reason why he'll always be indebted to Stubbs for once more opening the door to him.

Ex-Celtic and Scotland star Riordan, still only 32, has spent the best part of three years drifting in and out of the game - reduced to brief training and playing spells with lower league outfits Alloa, Brechin City,Livingston and East Fife.

Stubbs has provided Deeks the opportunity to work with the first team squad and the use of their East Mains training base.

For now there has been no talk of a potential deal, short term or otherwise.

But for Riordan - a prolific frontman for Hibs between 2001-06 and then 2008-11 - it still represents a tremendous chance to impress the Scouser.

He said: "I'm buzzing at being back training with Hibs and I can't thank Alan Stubbs enough.

"I feared this day would never come.

"Yes, I've been critical in the past of Hibs and a former manager. They were honest opinions at the time.

"But in my mind that's now all in the past. Everyone has moved on and I've never hidden what Hibs means to me. I always want to see the club be successful.

"My agent contacted the manager and he immediately said I'd be welcome to come in for training. What a boost that gave me. It means the world.

"I was back in yesterday - and I can't tell you how good a feeling it was to be at the training ground, back in with the first team players.

"The kitman and Joyce have been there for years and I know them well. The banter was flying about the place and I loved it.

"Alan Stubbs and his coaching staff have been brilliant with me and the quality of training was fantastic.

"It reminded me of the kind of workouts that Tony Mowbray used to do. And that's as good a compliment I can pay Alan.

"Tony got the best out of me as a player. The team we had back then was brilliant. We had so many top players - but over time they all moved on.

"The focus yesterday was on ball work and I loved it.

"From seeing Hibs play under Alan Stubbs I already knew he likes the team to play good football.

"I was happy with the quality of my finishing in training - but then I've always been confident about that, with either foot.

"Who knows what could come from me training with the squad? The way I see it, well it's a chance for me to impress and we'll take it from there.

"But even if it leads to nothing I'll still always be grateful to Alan Stubbs.

"There's an invite for me to go down for a trial with Shrewsbury next week - and training with Hibs over the next few days will allow me to be sharp for that.

"Alan has said he's happy to help me. That says a lot about him."

Riordan added: "I didn't know Alan. But you see the career he's had and what he's come through off the field and you can only have great respect for him.

"I'd love to see him take Hibs back into the Premier League.

"He's a real nice guy. He spoke to me about the last few years.

"I think the squad's training at Easter Road tomorrow - and that will give me an even bigger thrill."

hibeemikey21
09-09-2015, 10:44 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6630300/Deek-back-at-Hibees.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20150909-_-SunScotSport-_-233601375

If the move to Shrewsbury comes off, that would be great for him!

Must be heartening for him to know that clubs like that are still aware of him/interested, given that he hasn't played much over the last few years.

Greentinted
10-09-2015, 01:44 AM
I don't know Derek personally.
I do, however, like the lad because he comes over honestly and the fact he's truly one of us. I have no expectations but I am a 'never say never' man and if he were to don the green again, it would, to paraphrase Sid Waddell fi the darts, the greatest comeback since Lazarus. And I reckon most of us would love it.

Stranger things have happened.

07BigD
10-09-2015, 06:35 AM
I don't know Derek personally.
I do, however, like the lad because he comes over honestly and the fact he's truly one of us. I have no expectations but I am a 'never say never' man and if he were to don the green again, it would, to paraphrase Sid Waddell fi the darts, the greatest comeback since Lazarus. And I reckon most of us would love it.

Stranger things have happened.
It sounds to me that he is absolutely chomping at being back at Hibs, if he has got something to offer we should sign him, this is the club for Deeks

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
10-09-2015, 07:38 AM
I love Derek Riordan. The most naturally gifted goalscorer I've seen in the green & white.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

DH1875
10-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Where's the harm in it? Win, win situation as far as I can see.

147lothian
10-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Where's the harm in it? Win, win situation as far as I can see.

yip, no harm in it whatsoever, I remember when Fletcher went for 3 million thinking how much must Riordan be worth?

TonyStokeprano
10-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Oh deadly Derek's magic he wears a magic hat and when he sees the matchball he says I'm having that, he scores with his left foot he scores with his right and when we play the jam tarts he scores All ******g night !!

The return of the deek could throw an extra thousand onto the gate in my eyes, as i think most fans trust Stubbs judgement and if he was offered a deal it would be due to what he could bring to the team and not a novelty signing!

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Is there a coaching vacancy? Has he any experience? Has he or is he doing his coaching qualifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no doubt that a Deek-Gaz partnership could still terrorise defenders.

However it would be defenders of the door in George Street hostelries.

heretoday
10-09-2015, 08:13 AM
yip, no harm in it whatsoever, I remember when Fletcher went for 3 million thinking how much must Riordan be worth?

Agreed. Fletcher can't hit a barn door nine times out of ten.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-09-2015, 08:34 AM
His quotes in the Sun are a superb read!

Unseen work
10-09-2015, 08:42 AM
He was poor towards the end when he was here 4 years ago so i cant imagine him being any better now.

Im sure he could pass on a few useful tips to JC though, especially about how to conduct himself as he has been there done that.

Glad to see we are willing to help him out but he isnt good enough now and is the opposite to the sort of player we need/needed

Andy74
10-09-2015, 08:48 AM
We'd all be happier going to places like Dumbarton with Derek Riordan in the squad wouldn't we?

We are generally totally dominant with the ball - I've no doubt we would have enough free kick abd shooting opportunities or riordan to chip in with some goals that others would not be capable of.

I've been neither here nor there with Derek coming back and his recent record is obviously not good but it seems like it is worth a shot for next to no expense.

portyhibernian
10-09-2015, 09:06 AM
If Stubbs thinks Deek could do something for us and offers him a deal I wouldn't be against it. As long as the deal suited everyone then I don't see a problem.

JimBHibees
10-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Agreed. Fletcher can't hit a barn door nine times out of ten.

While his finishing and goal record is poor he has created an excellent career of playing in the EPL for a number of clubs at a very high level of football. It would be difficult to argue that out of that talented crop of players that he has forged the best career out of any.

GreenArmy1875
10-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Seen Deek arrive at ER this morning followed by a few others

Brightside
10-09-2015, 09:24 AM

He's making use of the facilities. He's not involved in tactical drills.

I hope it works out for him, but he needs to get himself in shape.

SeanWilson
10-09-2015, 09:26 AM

Unless the Sun have completely made up Deeks comments (not something i would put past them)... It seems he is actively training with the squad.

HibbyKeith
10-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Bring him home!

Player/coaching role with a pay as play deal, no harm in seeing where it goes. I don't like digging through past players and think we should always be looking ahead but it's not just any old player.

Deek without question the best natural finisher that I've seen at Hibs left or right foot. The last time I checked the goals are in the same place as before.

Add to that the nostalgia of this type of signing, potential gate increase and sharing some knowledge with our younger strikers I can't see a negative.

Albanian Hibs
10-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Getting shivers thinking of him back in a hibs strip.

Michael
10-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately, he's a good few years passed it now. Still, he's the most naturally talented player I've seen play for Hibs. I hope he gets fit and manages to play football well for someone at some level.

silverhibee
10-09-2015, 09:43 AM

You been at EM watching them train.?

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2015, 09:48 AM
We'd all be happier going to places like Dumbarton with Derek Riordan in the squad wouldn't we?

We are generally totally dominant with the ball - I've no doubt we would have enough free kick abd shooting opportunities or riordan to chip in with some goals that others would not be capable of.

I've been neither here nor there with Derek coming back and his recent record is obviously not good but it seems like it is worth a shot for next to no expense.

Nope I wouldn't. Thought Deek was fantastic first time around but the romantic notion of him being able to improve on what we have is not one I share. Wish him luck but surely not in our squad.

GreenLake
10-09-2015, 09:51 AM
I hope he is fit by the time we play The Rangers.

Spike Mandela
10-09-2015, 09:52 AM
While his finishing and goal record is poor he has created an excellent career of playing in the EPL for a number of clubs at a very high level of football. It would be difficult to argue that out of that talented crop of players that he has forged the best career out of any.

I think Stephen Whittaker has forged the best career. Internationals, English Premiership, Championship, SPL, European final, medals and goals.

The_Exile
10-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Love how everyone somehow knows he's lost it, isn't physically capable and is past it. I'm the same age as Deek and I'm in the best shape of my life physically. Remember he's only 32 and has likely kept himself ticking over fitness wise. I'm willing to bet he'll feel in fantastic shape and although he hasn't played much recently that might actually help his conditioning, less wear and tear recently. Good luck to him. Personally I feel we lack a match winner at the moment, never felt like that when he was on the pitch. What he brought to the team you don't lose, fabulous technique, great vision and resourcefulness with the ball at his feet, fair enough you might lose half a yard of pace etc but he was never explosive in that dept anyway.

lord bunberry
10-09-2015, 10:05 AM
I can see it now, we draw them in the cup at the pbs, it's 0-0 with the game moving into injury time, hibs win a free kick on the edge of the box right in front of the roseburn stand and up steps Deek to hammer it home.

hibees 7062
10-09-2015, 10:14 AM
I can see it now, we draw them in the cup at the pbs, it's 0-0 with the game moving into injury time, hibs win a free kick on the edge of the box right in front of the roseburn stand and up steps Deek to hammer it home.

And wee Danny scores the penalty for them in the 10th minute of injury time :greengrin

.Sean.
10-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Love how everyone somehow knows he's lost it, isn't physically capable and is past it. I'm the same age as Deek and I'm in the best shape of my life physically. Remember he's only 32 and has likely kept himself ticking over fitness wise. I'm willing to bet he'll feel in fantastic shape and although he hasn't played much recently that might actually help his conditioning, less wear and tear recently. Good luck to him. Personally I feel we lack a match winner at the moment, never felt like that when he was on the pitch. What he brought to the team you don't lose, fabulous technique, great vision and resourcefulness with the ball at his feet, fair enough you might lose half a yard of pace etc but he was never explosive in that dept anyway.
Most sensible post on this thread.

JimBHibees
10-09-2015, 10:15 AM
I think Stephen Whittaker has forged the best career. Internationals, English Premiership, Championship, SPL, European final, medals and goals.

Certainly arguable as he has a great career also. No idea why he isnt playing before Hutton for Scotland.

SanFranHibs
10-09-2015, 10:46 AM
To say the least, a very interesting situation. Love him or not, he is a Hibs legend. And as a footballer and a Hibbie (DR, not me) I love him!

I do find it interesting the varying perspectives. In the newspaper article 'he is ONLY 32' and yet on here 'he is a few years past it'. Also, it seems that with the signings that we have recently made the attitude of most is 'if Stubbbs sees something, I trust him', yet a few can't trust Stubbs to see something in Riordan.

I am not suggesting that Stubbs is even looking at him, but if he were and liked what he saw, maybe better crosses, corners, penalties, left/right footed goal scoring from 1 yard to 25 yards, poaching abilities and thought he was fit enough with the right attitude I would have to trust Stubbs.

Of course he may just be giving him a 'Good morning' nod in passing and Riordan will move on. But IF he turned out for Hibs again I would do my utmost to get along to see him.

and even if Stubbs is looking at him and does not see enough in him to warrant a shot then in Stubbs we have to trust.

Cabbage7062
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
What a player. He's made for hibs! I watch his goals at least once a month and every time I'm left wondering how we had a player as good as him for so long. Will wish him well wherever his career takes him.

Turkish Green
10-09-2015, 11:00 AM
I find it very sad that Derek has been out of the game since he came back from China when he was still only 28 years old.

Short spells at St Johnstone, Bristol Rovers, Alloa, Brechin and East Fife came to nothing. The undoubted skill is still there but the engine is gone. What a waste of a talent. What could have been if he hadn't gone to be a bench warmer for Celtic.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2015, 11:03 AM
If nothing happens with this, great PR for Hibs and Derek

Bad Martini
10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Does anyone REALLY believe George Best, Franck Sauzee and Steve Archibald were fast, sharp and absolutely at their prime when signed with us?

NO DOUBT the ability of any player mentioned. But, none of them were dyed in the wool Hibbys. And none of them were presented with THIS championship as a showground to get back into the game. I didnt realise fitba was over at 32 and completely unatainable ever again :confused: - there is NOBODY like the King (Dalglish) and I admit a complete love with the King's fitba in a non-homo/yambo way :greengrin buttttttttt, when did he retire? 39. Gerrard is still playing a number of years younger...take a look around. Some great talents carried on (at a high level) to a far older age than 32.

So, what do you loose over the years? Fitness...can be regained in a matter of weeks and months. Sharpness? Comes with playing matches. GREY MATTER/GENIUS - never lost. You may eventually lose the ability to execute your genius from physical restrictions (i.e. being old and ****ed) but see above point. At 32, fitba life is not over. It is however, a time to get fit fast...

It's amazing what an underdog with some determination can do. Probably how we have pulled of so many good results which on paper, should never have happened. Equally how we've been slapped by far inferior teams who have had more determination and balls to win.

So, if the physicalities can be overcome, it comes down to desire and ability.

Desire cannot be taught. Ability (At this stage) is either there or it's not. Think we know Riordan's ability.

Get him fit. Get him signed. Get him in the reserves. Then if that all works out, get him in the team....so many on here make the point (or even labour/push/love to hark the point Deek has done very little for a while)........I'm sure he knows that. I'm sure he knows we know that too. How much determination do you think that'll give him? That's before we get into the propsect of his getting one up on the huns and the yams and his former employers celtc...............

I hope it works out. And if it does and he gets back to fitness, I say....

BRING HIM HAME :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(for the avoidance of any doubt, I am rather in favour of the idea) :aok:

ENDOF

HappyHanlon
10-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Does anyone REALLY believe George Best, Franck Sauzee and Steve Archibald were fast, sharp and absolutely at their prime when signed with us?

NO DOUBT the ability of any player mentioned. But, none of them were dyed in the wool Hibbys. And none of them were presented with THIS championship as a showground to get back into the game. I didnt realise fitba was over at 32 and completely unatainable ever again :confused: - there is NOBODY like the King (Dalglish) and I admit a complete love with the King's fitba in a non-homo/yambo way :greengrin buttttttttt, when did he retire? 39. Gerrard is still playing a number of years younger...take a look around. Some great talents carried on (at a high level) to a far older age than 32.

So, what do you loose over the years? Fitness...can be regained in a matter of weeks and months. Sharpness? Comes with playing matches. GREY MATTER/GENIUS - never lost. You may eventually lose the ability to execute your genius from physical restrictions (i.e. being old and ****ed) but see above point. At 32, fitba life is not over. It is however, a time to get fit fast...

It's amazing what an underdog with some determination can do. Probably how we have pulled of so many good results which on paper, should never have happened. Equally how we've been slapped by far inferior teams who have had more determination and balls to win.

Desire cannot be taught. Ability (At this stage) is either there or it's not. Think we know Riordan's ability.

Get him fit. Get him signed. Get him in the reserves. Then if that all works out, get him in the team....so many on here make the point (or even labour/push/love to hark the point Deek has done very little for a while)........I'm sure he knows that. I'm sure he knows we know that too. How much determination do you think that'll give him? That's before we get into the propsect of his getting one up on the huns and the yams and his former employers celtc...............

ENDOF

:top marks:top marks

Franck Stanton
10-09-2015, 11:45 AM

ENDOF

Really hate those posters that sit on the fence. Man up and just tell us if you want him or not. :tee hee::tee hee:

500miles
10-09-2015, 11:45 AM
He was exactly the sort of player we need.

If he responds to Stubbs' training then we'd be silly not to give him a chance. But at 32 and being a shadow of his former self for so long, he'd need to put in more work than I ever thought him capable of to get to where he needs to be.

However, I reckon him training with us is nothing more than a bit of PR, with a long shot of anything coming of it.

Bad Martini
10-09-2015, 11:51 AM
He was exactly the sort of player we need.

If he responds to Stubbs' training then we'd be silly not to give him a chance. But at 32 and being a shadow of his former self for so long, he'd need to put in more work than I ever thought him capable of to get to where he needs to be.

However, I reckon him training with us is nothing more than a bit of PR, with a long shot of anything coming of it.

What sort of player was he that we needed?

One who scores goals (lots of them) from anywhere (often from the wrong position) and when not scoring, setting them up. I grant you, all that work he didnt put in the first time at Hibs (tracking/tackling/defending) he put in the second time. It done him the world of good as it took him out of goal scoring positions BUT, it ensured those who thought he didn't "work" enough could be silenced.

I reckon Stubs is a fantastic character. He is all things to all men; for example, when folk want to trust him, they declare in Stubs we trust. Until he does something they disagree with, then, then he is Bobby Williamson reincarnate.

I'm pleading the 5th of this one now...too much mentalness :greengrin

But before I do...

BRING DEEK HAME :na na::thumbsup:

500miles
10-09-2015, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Bad Martini;4462825]What sort of player was he that we needed?

One who scores goals (lots of them) from anywhere (often from the wrong position) and when not scoring, setting them up. I grant you, all that work he didnt put in the first time at Hibs (tracking/tackling/defending) he put in the second time. It done him the world of good as it took him out of goal scoring positions BUT, it ensured those who thought he didn't "work" enough could be silenced.

I reckon Stubs is a fantastic character. He is all things to all men; for example, when folk want to trust him, they declare in Stubs we trust. Until he does something they disagree with, then, then he is Bobby Williamson reincarnate.

I'm pleading the 5th of this one now...too much mentalness :greengrin

QUOTE]

He was the sort of player who could shoot from outside the box and deliver a decent free kick.

However, his last season, with only 11 goals and only 2 or 3 of them coming after November, suggested that his legs were gone to the point that he couldn't even make space for himself anymore.

I agree that he started to work harder, but that didn't stop him scoring goals, because he wasn't very good at that either by then.

32 is no age to a guy if he resolves to commit to his profession. Latapy was a great example of that at Falkirk - smoked, drank and then straightened himself out in his later years and made it to a World Cup.

Stubbs will need to pull off a bit of real managerial magic in motivating him, and Riordan will have to put in more work than he's ever shown himself to be capable of.

Vini1875
10-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Ability and age are not really the question though. With Deek you feel like it is all about attitude. Does he have the humility to see that he has wasted much of his career? Does he have the mental strength to turn his career around and get very fit and focussed? Pushing himself to get very fit will be a tall order for him and I hope he does it, but I am not expecting it.

SanFranHibs
10-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Ability and age are not really the question though. With Deek you feel like it is all about attitude. Does he have the humility to see that he has wasted much of his career? Does he have the mental strength to turn his career around and get very fit and focussed? Pushing himself to get very fit will be a tall order for him and I hope he does it, but I am not expecting it.

Short and quite accurate I would say, except I am not sure he would have to display too much humility. One can be confident and assured without being arrogant. I would hate to knock out his self belief.

But other than that, succinctly put.

But I will repeat myself......Love him as a Hibbie and would go to see him playing for Hibs. Might even get a little emotional. Just a little.

:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2015, 01:35 PM
I am confused by this I must admit.

Unless we are looking to sign DR, then I don't think he should be training with us. We are trying to gain promotion and should be focused on this, without the media circus that will ensue.

I still don't understand the need for another striker, unless we are going all out attack in games or AS thinks the ones we have already are not up to scratch.....With regards to his time in the last few years, I don't know how many games he has played, maybe Silver can answer that, he would need to get up to match fitness PDQ........

Jim44
10-09-2015, 02:17 PM
If Riordan is simply being accommodated for training/fitness and nothing else, I'm satisfied. If Stubbs even has half an eye on the possibility of a signing, it would make me very nervous about his focus on our strikers and his plans for the immediate challenge.

Kato
10-09-2015, 02:26 PM
If Riordan is simply being accommodated for training/fitness and nothing else, I'm satisfied. If Stubbs even has half an eye on the possibility of a signing, it would make me very nervous about his focus on our strikers and his plans for the immediate challenge.

Don't you trust the manager?

sadtom
10-09-2015, 02:32 PM
There is enough 'straw' being clutched at on here to build the 'first little piggy' a mansion...in fact make that a 'small city.'

heretoday
10-09-2015, 02:35 PM
It's a cute idea bringing Derek back but I hope they don't. If he'd been outstanding for Brechin or East Fife or whoever then I might think otherwise but I can't see it as anything but a needless distraction from the prime goal this season.

Jim44
10-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Don't you trust the manager?

I didn't say I don't trust him. I said a decision to consider a player who has done nothing of note at any level for years would make me nervous, especially when you consider Stubbs's recent additions to our striker squad. I loved when Riordan was with us but I think his time is up. it's my lack of faith in Riordan rather than my lack of faith in Stubbs.

Not In The Know
10-09-2015, 02:43 PM
For Deek even to be remotely considered for Hibs he would need to train harder, longer and better than ever before, to get himself in the best physical shape of his life. Sadly at his age i can't suddenly see him doing this.

I wouldn't mind being proved wrong...

Peevemor
10-09-2015, 02:44 PM
I don't think that Deek will be signing but imagine if he outscores everyone in training. They do some dead ball stuff and Deek's the only one capable of pinging them in from all angles.

What would you do in Stubbs' position, knowing that Deek wouldn't be expensive or difficult to deal with?

J-C
10-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Deek is training with the team to get fit and hopefully get a contract somewhere, if he shows something of the wonderful ability he once had, then I'm sure AS will spot this and do what he feels is best for Hibs. I think Deek being a striker may be beyond him now but playing in the hole would be his ideal position. Does he still have anything to give, well look at players like Scott McDonald and McManus etc.

Iceman1875
10-09-2015, 03:13 PM
From the pictures flying around on Twitter he looks a little over weight but I'm in the same camp as many others on here and if he impresses AS and offers something that we don't have them BRING HIM HAME!

At Easter Road we play...

West hamBERNIAN
10-09-2015, 03:54 PM
From the pictures flying around on Twitter he looks a little over weight but I'm in the same camp as many others on here and if he impresses AS and offers something that we don't have them BRING HIM HAME!

I did think he looked overweight also but I think it was anier behind him looking porky as well. Personally, I've been in the bring him hame camp since he was available. Seems crazy to me that we kept bringing players in like heff when he was available saying he'd play for free. If he can still finish he'll do a job, as long as he finds a bit of space. :thumbsup:

snooky
10-09-2015, 04:13 PM

I would tend to agree though, IMO, he was the least talented of the GG.
Despite the double whammy of moving to Ibrox and being a boyhood Jambo, Stephen still maintains the of respect of the Hibs support (me included) which speaks volumes. He's earned his successful career and therefore deserves it.
A true pro. Well done, laddie. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2015, 05:12 PM

I have no idea what drills he is or is not doing, but that's not what you originally said.

Yet when i hear him say he's working with the ball, and his finishing is still good, i'd say he's doing some of the drills the other players are doing.

This is what tells me he's training with the 1st team, that and the photo's.

What makes you think he's not?

Unseen work
10-09-2015, 05:22 PM
I can't believe so many people want him.

The "he maybe unfit but still had the ability and would score heaps at this level" is rubbish

He struggled in his last spell towards then end. Since he's left he has scored 5 goals in 38 games at a poor level.

Now we should sign him based on what he could do 10 years ago? Come on ffs

People moan about malonga/cummings/arier yet they want deek back

ancient hibee
10-09-2015, 05:26 PM

ENDOF

Think you torpedo your own argument.Best was finished at 29 because he dropped out and didn't look after himself.The other players you mention did look after themselves and played regularly at a high level.Now which of these contrasting experiences describes Riordan?

Hibernia&Alba
10-09-2015, 05:31 PM
I can't believe so many people want him.

The "he maybe unfit but still had the ability and would score heaps at this level" is rubbish

He struggled in his last spell towards then end. Since he's left he has scored 5 goals in 38 games at a poor level.

Now we should sign him based on what he could do 10 years ago? Come on ffs

People moan about malonga/cummings/arier yet they want deek back

I think sentimentalism is clouding judgement. If the arrangement is about more than just giving him the chance to train, and if he were to demonstrate he's still got what it takes, then I'd also love to see him play for Hibs again. However, I don't think that's where we're heading. Realistically, he's had two spells at the club already, and we need to look ahead.

Peevemor
10-09-2015, 05:37 PM
I think sentimentalism is clouding judgement. If the arrangement is about more than just giving him the chance to train, and if he were to demonstrate he's still got what it takes, then I'd also love to see him play for Hibs again. However, I don't think that's where we're heading. Realistically, he's had two spells at the club already, and we need to look ahead.

Ditto

Leith Green
10-09-2015, 05:58 PM
I think the position best suited to Derek at this stage of his career would be in the Teddy Sheringham role , deeper than a main centre forward and advanced of the midfield. He would create chances with his vision and technique and his ability on the ball will see him score goals yet not need to rely on his legs or pace.. Wether he is capable of performing at this level in that position would be interesting to see.. Out wide or up front as an out an out centre forward, nah not for me..

shetlandhibee
10-09-2015, 06:01 PM
I don't think that Deek will be signing but imagine if he outscores everyone in training. They do some dead ball stuff and Deek's the only one capable of pinging them in from all angles.

What would you do in Stubbs' position, knowing that Deek wouldn't be expensive or difficult to deal with?
:top marksalso could IMO be a very good guy to coach the strikers, free kicks corners etc.if he gets himself as fit as hes been in years(hes 32! not 42 some folk talk like he is?).and maybe looks good enough in training,to get a couple of run outs as a trialist in the development squad, imo he,l stand out and get 2,,,,3 month deal till january(or hopefully till end of season)this chance imo will motivate him(probably more than hes ever been in his life) ...apart from griffiths when was the last time you got excited when we get a free kick 20__35yrds from the goals? imagine in december hibs are pummelling a team like falkirk at easter road its 1 _ 1 73 minutes on the clock,, after sighning a short term deal a certain mister derek riordan comes on as a sub, your imagination can do the rest(my eyes is watering writing this at even the slightest chance of this happening, and he does have a chance!)IMHO he could be that player .....all the best to deeks GGTTH:flag::flag:

Hibs07p
10-09-2015, 06:04 PM

I've now got visions of Sparky jumping out of the Roseburn stand, running round the pitch giving it the GIRFUY, jumping in beside Scott Wilson and belting out the Wallace Mercer and Rudi Skacel songs over the PA system, while bowing in "we're not worthy" style to referee Willie Collum. :hilarious
It's great to dream, and like a few people on here, if Stubbs has faith in Deek, it would be good enough for me. The majority of teams we will be facing in the championship, would allow Deek to be excused from having to chase back, the negative side of his game, and be allowed to produce the magic only he can produce, by others doing the dirty work and giving him the ball.

GGTTH

PeckythePenguin
10-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Jon Daly is 32 and we were interested in him so don't think his age is an issue. Stubbs had a fair number of trialists over summer that didn't get offered a deal so I'm confident he won't sign Riordan for the sake of it. If Deeks can impress enough In training that we offer him something then I'll be happy with that. If he's deemed not worthy of a deal I'd be happy with that too.

Aldo
10-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Jon Daly is 32 and we were interested in him so don't think his age is an issue. Stubbs had a fair number of trialists over summer that didn't get offered a deal so I'm confident he won't sign Riordan for the sake of it. If Deeks can impress enough In training that we offer him something then I'll be happy with that. If he's deemed not worthy of a deal I'd be happy with that too.

Totally different types of players tbh so hard to compare!

Deek is a legend.

I trust Stubbs judgement.

Folk possibly putting 2 + 2 and getting 5.

We will find out soon enough!

KeithTheHibby
10-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Was there a press conference at ER today? If so was Stubbs asked about Riordan training at East Mains?

Jonnyboy
10-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Was there a press conference at ER today? If so was Stubbs asked about Riordan training at East Mains?

Yes and Stubbs said something along the lines of "I'd never refuse a former player the chance to train here and get himself fit. Derek is some way behind where we're at but he's applying himself well and will improve his fitness"

lord bunberry
10-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Yes and Stubbs said something along the lines of "I'd never refuse a former player the chance to train here and get himself fit. Derek is some way behind where we're at but he's applying himself well and will improve his fitness"
Reading between the lines there I think he's already been offered a contract :greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Reading between the lines there I think he's already been offered a contract :greengrin

That's clever when there's only one line :greengrin

timewilltell
10-09-2015, 07:36 PM

Never going to happen. Lets move forward not backwards.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Never going to happen. Lets move forward not backwards.

You mean like signing Sauzee and Latapy when they were past their prime.
By the looks of it we're only giving him training facilities, and he's a bit behind the rest. But what the hell, we can only dream of how good he was in his prime

jdships
10-09-2015, 07:50 PM
I didn't say I don't trust him. I said a decision to consider a player who has done nothing of note at any level for years would make me nervous, especially when you consider Stubbs's recent additions to our striker squad. I loved when Riordan was with us but I think his time is up. it's my lack of faith in Riordan rather than my lack of faith in Stubbs.

:agree::thumbsup:

frazeHFC
10-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Get him teaching the young lads while he's at it. The Riordan 100 goals video on YouTube should be compulsory viewing every morning. :wink:

Bronson
10-09-2015, 09:10 PM
I'd still be delighted if he signed. Which is a bit ridiculous really considering where is and has been for the last 3/4 years, and that I pretty much know he'd be useless now, but it's true.

bigwheel
10-09-2015, 09:28 PM
i think it would be a waste of a wage...not because he couldn't add something, though I feel it's unlikely he would do much - my bigger concern is that if he was in the squad it would be at the expense of someone else. I'd rather see the younger players develop though game time..

Vault Boy
10-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I'd still be delighted if he signed. Which is a bit ridiculous really considering where is and has been for the last 3/4 years, and that I pretty much know he'd be useless now, but it's true.

Can't help feeling the same way. Even if it were to be a ten minute appearance at the end of a comfortable win, seeing Derek Riordan in a Hibs strip, playing at Easter Road once again would be magical. Whatever happens (and I really can't see him joining) I wish Derek the very best of luck and thank him once more for his simply incredible contribution to our club. Legend.

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Football fans and romantic notions of returning heroes eh!

Jim44
10-09-2015, 10:55 PM

Stuff that dreams are made of, yes, but not when your club is focused on one thing, promotion. 'Romantic notions of returning heroes' is a luxury we can't afford at this stage in the game.

Bay Area Hibees
10-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Suggest that if he looks good in training and I assume training matches then AS would surely consider a deal? He'd be crazy not to.

But and suggest this is the likelihood is he may not have enough at this point to play at required standard.

That said hope he does great and becomes another option for us. I trust AS to make right call.

Bronson
10-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Can't help feeling the same way. Even if it were to be a ten minute appearance at the end of a comfortable win, seeing Derek Riordan in a Hibs strip, playing at Easter Road once again would be magical. Whatever happens (and I really can't see him joining) I wish Derek the very best of luck and thank him once more for his simply incredible contribution to our club. Legend.

That's pretty much it. Total hero of mines growing up (in the footballing sense, not so much his personal life), gave me a lot of fond memories to look back on.

GordonR
10-09-2015, 11:26 PM
By the looks of it we're only giving him training facilities, and he's a bit behind the rest. But what the hell, we can only dream of how good he was in his prime

Sauzee's last club before Hibs was Montpelier, in the French top flight. Latapy's was Portuguese top flight Boavista. Riordan's last club was East Fife.

There's a considerable difference between 'past their prime' and - frankly - 'washed up'.

mentalhibee
11-09-2015, 04:00 AM

Latapy was only 30 when we signed him,we pretty much had him in his prime. What a player! If Deeko gets himself fit, I'd sign him up. Good option to have, great at set peices also.

gorgie greens
11-09-2015, 06:07 AM

cant agree more , Like Stubbs said ,giving an ex player training facilities , thats all it will ever be , was terrible the last time here and the clubs that he has been with of the last few years where he could not get a deal tells it's own story , so Deeks thanks for those great goals in the past and i hope you get yourself a club but not here mate

hibbysam
11-09-2015, 07:10 AM
cant agree more , Like Stubbs said ,giving an ex player training facilities , thats all it will ever be , was terrible the last time here and the clubs that he has been with of the last few years where he could not get a deal tells it's own story , so Deeks thanks for those great goals in the past and i hope you get yourself a club but not here mate

'Was terrible the last time here'

Aye scoring 40 goals in three seasons is hopeless, within that helping the club back into Europe in one of the most exciting front lines we've had in years, getting into a Scotland squad and winning player of the month awards...

MrSmith
11-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Doom n gloom if deeks signs!! 32 and finished, waste of a wage, terrible, has been ... Geezo!

I for one hope he gets a deal! He is exactly what we need right now and would definitely make me reconsider buying a season ticket!

We need to score goals, lots of goals!!! Anyone who thinks deek wouldn't score a barrel load in this division must be off their heid!!!!

Heisenberg
11-09-2015, 07:24 AM
He's scored 5 goals since 2011.....

He's a Hibernian legend, or as close as you'll get in modern times. I think it needs to be left in the past and we have to move on now. He was incredibly good but I'm not sure he'll even be a fraction of that player these days.

scoopyboy
11-09-2015, 07:30 AM
I can't make my mind up about this.

A part of me wants Deek to sign and be a rip roaring success.

Another part of me thinks if he does sign then he's going to get pelters from guys who expect miracles from him, on here and at the ground. He doesn't deserve that.

erin-go-bragh87
11-09-2015, 09:25 AM

“If Derek comes in and blows the house down and is fantastic then I will have a real decision to make,” acknowledged Stubbs, “but this is not a risk or a gamble and I am just providing Derek with an opportunity to train.” (The Scotsman)

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:27 AM
“If Derek comes in and blows the house down and is fantastic then I will have a real decision to make,” acknowledged Stubbs, “but this is not a risk or a gamble and I am just providing Derek with an opportunity to train.” (The Scotsman)

So basically let him train, have a wee look and if he's still got anything in his locker that is better than we have he may get a deal.

Benny Brazil
11-09-2015, 09:31 AM
So basically let him train, have a wee look and if he's still got anything in his locker that is better than we have he may get a deal.

Seems like the sensible option - nothing ventured nothing gained.

gorgie greens
11-09-2015, 09:35 AM

Nothing to lose

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

J-C
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM

I still think AS isn't happy with his striking options, even with the ones we have, Farid is still a question mark fitness wise, Malonga can be hit or miss and the fact he wasn't picked the last couple of games is a clue, Cummings even though very good still raw, inconsistent but learning quickly. Anier and Feruz were brought in to cover/add to our strike force but we don't see what they're like in training, Deek will be well known to AS and a you say nothing ventured.

snooky
11-09-2015, 10:06 AM

Another part of me thinks if he does sign then he's going to get pelters from guys who expect miracles from him, on here and at the ground. He doesn't deserve that.

I would rather Deek kept his legend status intact rather than come back & finish his career in a steady decline.
Although Ivan is still regarded as a legend by some (me included), his second stint with us was a disappointment (probably because he was often played out of position.)

As they say in the theatre "Leave 'em wanting more".

GreenLake
11-09-2015, 11:52 AM

Ryan69
11-09-2015, 11:57 AM

Completely different calibre of player.

As good as Riordan was....he was at his level at ER.

Never did anything anywhere else he went.

Diclonius
11-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I wonder if Deek was brought in midweek whilst the club were deciding or not whether to terminate Feruz's loan.

Jim44
11-09-2015, 12:25 PM
I wonder if Deek was brought in midweek whilst the club were deciding or not whether to terminate Feruz's loan.

I think Riordan was at EM prior to Feruz's problem. I did say in another thread, with tongue in cheek, that, in view of Feruz's possible departure, Stubbs might be keeping a closer eye on Riordan than was first intended.

IWasThere2016
11-09-2015, 02:47 PM

You've summed it up perfectly Scoops

Halifaxhibby
11-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Doom n gloom if deeks signs!! 32 and finished, waste of a wage, terrible, has been ... Geezo!

I for one hope he gets a deal! He is exactly what we need right now and would definitely make me reconsider buying a season ticket!

We need to score goals, lots of goals!!! Anyone who thinks deek wouldn't score a barrel load in this division must be off their heid!!!!

I agree. We need game changers. He could come off the bench with 15 mins to go and turn a game round.
Welcome home deeks!!!

Allant1981
11-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Sorry but the guy is finished, he was excellent when here both times before cant argue with that. If he had been scoring regularly at his previous clubs then yes but he hasnt exactly been scoring for fun at an even lower level

SeanWilson
11-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Sorry but the guy is finished, he was excellent when here both times before cant argue with that. If he had been scoring regularly at his previous clubs then yes but he hasnt exactly been scoring for fun at an even lower level

He may well be over the hill.... However, I'll reserve judgement for the outcome of his spell training with us...... I'd presume that if for whatever reason hibs offer him a deal, AS and his staff think he's still got something left in the tank. At this stage, saying he is finished is purely conjecture.

erin go bragh
11-09-2015, 05:37 PM

Could be a case of certain players fit certain clubs . Not playing regular over the last 4 years might end up benefiting Hibs ( less wear and tear )
To say he is finished is out of order imo .

GGTTH

cmcd
11-09-2015, 05:45 PM
He may well be over the hill.... However, I'll reserve judgement for the outcome of his spell training with us...... I'd presume that if for whatever reason hibs offer him a deal, AS and his staff think he's still got something left in the tank. At this stage, saying he is finished is purely conjecture.
Having watched him at the end of last season it is not conjecture He is not good enough Hope he gets a club though

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 06:56 PM

That is exactly where i am on this. :agree:

ancient hibee
11-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Wonder if he'll take up the offer of a trial at Shrewsbury?

Allant1981
11-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Could be a case of certain players fit certain clubs . Not playing regular over the last 4 years might end up benefiting Hibs ( less wear and tear )
To say he is finished is out of order imo .

GGTTH

If he was still any good he would have been scoring for fun in the lower leagues up here, he wasnt though and thats fact. Its hardly out of order.

Heisenberg
11-09-2015, 08:41 PM
If he was still any good he would have been scoring for fun in the lower leagues up here, he wasnt though and thats fact. Its hardly out of order.

I would agree with that. He was ridiculously good for Hibs but his time has passed now.

West hamBERNIAN
11-09-2015, 11:51 PM

At the Times in his career he has been a success he has in effect been a luxury, in successful teams he's been a hit. whereas teams bringing him in, hoping for him to change games and lead the team, that's where he falls short. In our team just now he might just be a perfect fit, might not be obviously but I'm sure Stubbs will be having a good look. On another note, Derek must be absolutely gutted that's he's so out of shape right now and not be able to show his full potential, judging on the photo obviously. I hope he's been fantastic in training and manages to get a deal. At the very least he might show Cummings what it really takes to call himself the zing king :agree:

O'Rourke3
11-09-2015, 11:56 PM
:hijack: Has anyone ever signed 3 times for us? .............And I agree with Scoopyboy :greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
12-09-2015, 12:19 AM
:hijack: Has anyone ever signed 3 times for us? .............And I agree with Scoopyboy :greengrin

Maybe it takes a special kind of players :greengrin
It would be upsetting to see a club legend getting pelters, was bad enough with Ivan. However, if Derek wasn't up to the job I'd be surprised to see him in the team. Unlike managers in the past Stubbs doesn't seem to tolerate bad form so it's not really a worry for me. I'd guess if anything it would turn out to be like the Drogba back at Chelsea scenario.

hibee92
12-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Just sign him. Would love to see Derek Riordan score one more goal for Hibs.

Northern Hibby
12-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Just sign him. Would love to see Derek Riordan score one more goal for Hibs.

I'd Walk over broken glass to see him score 1 more goal and kiss that badge 1 more time.

Hmmph and wife says I'm no not a romantic person 😉

eastmainsmsh
12-09-2015, 01:55 PM
No disrespect but the lower league service perhaps poor and I don't think he has been fully fit in his few spells at Alloa East Fife and Brechin respectively this gives deek the platform to get fit he was never blessed with pace hope he stands out and wins a deal lol

jdships
12-09-2015, 01:59 PM
I would agree with that. He was ridiculously good for Hibs but his time has passed now.

:agree::thumbsup:

Conrad Gray
12-09-2015, 06:40 PM

Bobby Smith?

snooky
12-09-2015, 07:15 PM
At the Times in his career he has been a success he has in effect been a luxury, in successful teams he's been a hit. whereas teams bringing him in, hoping for him to change games and lead the team, that's where he falls short. In our team just now he might just be a perfect fit, might not be obviously but I'm sure Stubbs will be having a good look. On another note, Derek must be absolutely gutted that's he's so out of shape right now and not be able to show his full potential, judging on the photo obviously. I hope he's been fantastic in training and manages to get a deal. At the very least he might show Cummings what it really takes to call himself the zing king :agree:
I would not call Deek a luxury but I always felt that Scott Brown's remarkable engine made up for Deek's weak defensive skills.
Every player at our level will have a weakness. The solution is to make sure their particular weakness is covered by a other player nearby whose strong point is the first player's weakness. Simples.

poolman
12-09-2015, 07:30 PM
I would not call Deek a luxury but I always felt that Scott Brown's remarkable engine made up for Deek's weak defensive skills.
Every player at our level will have a weakness. The solution is to make sure their particular weakness is covered by a other player nearby whose strong point is the first player's weakness. Simples.

Dearie me

Cod Boy
12-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Maybe a short term deal if keatings is out for a while.

3pm
12-09-2015, 07:40 PM
I am sure he could have contributed in the 1st half today.

Andy74
12-09-2015, 07:42 PM
I am sure he could have contributed in the 1st half today.

I've said this the last week. We have lots of the ball. We don't have to work hard to give forward players the ball at the edge of the box. Derek could quite happily make a wee bit space and rattle some in.

Smartie
12-09-2015, 07:45 PM

I actually agree with what you're trying to say here but see it a bit differently.

I thought that Riordan looked miles better when he was up there with GOC. For me, GOC at his best (early Mowbray era) was a simply magnificent player and did a lot of Riordan's graft for him. GOC would win headers, hold the ball up, link the play and drop deep a lot more than Deek ever would. Riordan's game was to hang around the box and clinically finish when the chances came along - which he did brilliantly.

Football is a team game and when you build a team you are trying to build something that is greater than the sum of its parts. That involves getting players who complement each other's styles.

Far too often over the last few years we've had similar players with similar strengths and weaknesses leaving us with a weak team.

Too many people have chosen to focus on Riordan's weaknesses over the years ahead of recognising that he is the best finisher that many of us (young enough not to have seen Joe Baker or Lawrie Reilly anyway) will ever see in the green and white.

The challenge has been to find the players that complement him though and I don't think enough managers have been able to do that.

I really enjoyed the "Mavericks" show a while back and it was interesting to hear Matt Le Tissier talk about which managers got the best out of him and which ones tended to stifle him.

Riordan was one of our own mavericks.

stoneyburn hibs
12-09-2015, 07:45 PM
I've said this the last week. We have lots of the ball. We don't have to work hard to give forward players the ball at the edge of the box. Derek could quite happily make a wee bit space and rattle some in.

My only complaint from today was the lack of movement at times from the front two.

3pm
12-09-2015, 07:51 PM
My only complaint from today was the lack of movement at times from the front two.

Can only assume you weren't there for the 1st half then. :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
12-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Can only assume you weren't there for the 1st half then. :wink:

Haha I was mate, stand by what I said. Opinions eh ?

West hamBERNIAN
12-09-2015, 08:01 PM

That is kind of what I was trying to say to be fair. In well rounded teams he's been a success. With better players around him to feed him the ball and to make up for weaker parts of his game. I've got some memories of deek being more than effective defensively and was tremendous at creating opportunities on break aways. I didn't manage to get to many games during his second spell so I never really seen where the lazy tag came from. I bet if he was to get fit that would be gone though. :aok:

thebausburst
12-09-2015, 08:37 PM
2 words for all the doubters, Chick Charnely, for those too young to remember who I'm talking about ask your dad!

Kato
12-09-2015, 08:50 PM
2 words for all the doubters, Chick Charnely, for those too young to remember who I'm talking about ask your dad!

We got relegated with him that season.

Jim44
12-09-2015, 08:54 PM

I'll never forget his debut and his great goal from a great assist :greengrin from Henrik Larsson

keep the faith
12-09-2015, 09:06 PM

As an aside I was always strangely embarrassed about us having Charnley. He was always too much of a west coast lower league cult hero for my liking. And he was always banging on about Celtic.

He did start well for us though. Including his half way line goal.

KeithTheHibby
12-09-2015, 09:22 PM

Had a great start but was benched by Xmas.

thebausburst
12-09-2015, 09:25 PM
We got relegated with him that season.
Yes, but the point is people were slating signing him, yet after a few weeks he was being talked about for Scotland. It was similar with Mixu, folk going nuts. Both players in their 30's, I think we could do with more experienced players to help along the younger ones and also contribute on and off the field in the (hopefully) big games to come this season.

tamig
12-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I'll never forget his debut and his great goal from a great assist :greengrin from Henrik Larsson

Chic was touted for Scotland and Henrik was written off as a dud after that game. Look how that turned out.

Back on topic I honestly think people are dreaming if they ever think Deek will appear in a Hibs first team again. I really can't see it at all. Just my view though.

Northernhibee
12-09-2015, 10:03 PM
I really don't see where you'd play Deek today, what he would add to the team or who you'd even drop from the first team or bench. Legend in his time but let's not tarnish that.

Iain G
12-09-2015, 10:07 PM
I dont see why you would play this Riordan ahead of any of our other forward options, anyone suggesting it is looking through green tinted specs.

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Does anyone seriously think Derek could be any worse than Keatings was today? I didn't realise he was playing till he got subbed.

Northernhibee
12-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Does anyone seriously think Derek could be any worse than Keatings was today? I didn't realise he was playing till he got subbed.

Yes.

tamig
12-09-2015, 10:11 PM
I dont see why you would play this Riordan ahead of any of our other forward options, anyone suggesting it is looking through green tinted specs.

Old sepia tinted green specs.

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Yes.
I don't

tamig
12-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Were you there? Keatings created a few decent chances out of some pretty poor service today for himself and was unlucky not to score. Is this targetting of Keatings off the back of your comment about being unhappy with Hibs signing ex-hertz players perhaps?

stantonhibby
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM

Are you blind ?

bigwheel
12-09-2015, 10:20 PM

It feels like that says a lot more about your attention to the game today , than much else.

I'm all for Deeks journey back to regular football - I suspect he would do well to get a contract for Alloa ....let alone us.

SaulGoodman
12-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't start him.

A position on the bench though...

truehibernian
12-09-2015, 10:32 PM

Surely tongue in cheek :confused:

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Were you there? Keatings created a few decent chances out of some pretty poor service today for himself and was unlucky not to score. Is this targetting of Keatings off the back of your comment about being unhappy with Hibs signing ex-hertz players perhaps?
I was there, I'm always there. My comments about Keatings have nothing to do with who he played for in the past. He was poor today and was lucky to last as long as he did. I support anyone who pulls on a hibs shirt and it's irrelevant to me who they've played for once they step over the white line as I only want to see hibs win.

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Are you blind ?
Who said that :greengrin

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:39 PM

You really don't like ex hearts players do you? Thought Keatings ran the lines well today!

West hamBERNIAN
12-09-2015, 10:40 PM
It doesn't really matter if he was a starter, bench or squad. Last year injuries cost us big time, if it came to it or squad rotation or cup games he'd be a decent option eventually. Or possibly force his way into the team/bench from training. It's not like he'd cost a lot or any from what he's said in the past. I really don't see how hibs fans could be against it.

West hamBERNIAN
12-09-2015, 10:41 PM
You really don't like ex hearts players do you? Thought Keatings ran the lines well today!

Is that a serious question :greengrin

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't mate but that has nothing to do with my opinion of his performance today, I thought he was poor and I thought we looked much better when he went off. People might disagree with my assessment but I find it hard to see how tbh.

tamig
12-09-2015, 10:51 PM
I don't mate but that has nothing to do with my opinion of his performance today, I thought he was poor and I thought we looked much better when he went off. People might disagree with my assessment but I find it hard to see how tbh.

I know Cummings scored but do you think he was more involved than Keatings today? I certainly didn't.

Iceman1875
12-09-2015, 10:53 PM
I was there, I'm always there. My comments about Keatings have nothing to do with who he played for in the past. He was poor today and was lucky to last as long as he did. I support anyone who pulls on a hibs shirt and it's irrelevant to me who they've played for once they step over the white line as I only want to see hibs win.

Keatings done well until he went off. Few shots at goal which on another day might have went in and worked his backside off for the team creating link up between the midfield and himself. Solid 7/10 today IMO.

CraigHibee
12-09-2015, 10:59 PM
derek was quality for us on the first occasion with us, was okay on the 2nd but never set the heather alight, i'm sorry to say he has done nothing since he left us, as much as i loved derek i really don't think he would be worth signing.

i feel some people think that he will suddenly re-capture the form he had with us first time around, not going to happen. i wish deek all the best but his time with us has been and gone

Ronniekirk
12-09-2015, 11:00 PM

In the first half he was unlucky not to score and was lively Think there is a lot more to come from him if he can stay fit

silverhibee
12-09-2015, 11:03 PM

How many of these forward options are 100% fully fit, I would say 1. Young JC. Malonga looks like he has been carrying a knock for a few weeks now, did Keatings do his hamstring today.?

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 11:05 PM
I know Cummings scored but do you think he was more involved than Keatings today? I certainly didn't.
Possibly not, but Jason Cummings always scores. I'm not anti Keatings I just thought he had a poor game today. When he went off it looked like we'd score every time we went forward.

tamig
12-09-2015, 11:06 PM
How many of these forward options are 100% fully fit, I would say 1. Young JC. Malonga looks like he has been carrying a knock for a few weeks now, did Keatings do his hamstring today.?

How long is it likely to take Derek to get up to Championship fitness?

lord bunberry
12-09-2015, 11:07 PM
In the first half he was unlucky not to score and was lively Think there is a lot more to come from him if he can stay fit
I'm not disputing that there's more to come in fact I'm praying there's more to come :greengrin

Ronniekirk
12-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Stubbs in after match interview says keatings will go for a scan but hopefully just tweaked hamstring ,but as he has already had two hamstring injuries that's a concern .Farid not getting mentioned again ,Malonga barely getting fifteen minutes off bench and Feruz clearly not match fit.
On a serious note given you have seen Deeks performances for the clubs he has played for in past few seasons ,could he do a job for us if he got match fit ?

Argylehibby
12-09-2015, 11:22 PM

yes, nobody near him at the time.

silverhibee
13-09-2015, 12:00 AM

Came off injured today.

silverhibee
13-09-2015, 12:06 AM
How long is it likely to take Derek to get up to Championship fitness?

The fitness coach at Hibs would be better answering that, i don't see him train.

How long do you think.?

magpie1892
13-09-2015, 12:13 AM
The fitness coach at Hibs would be better answering that, i don't see him train.

How long do you think.?

Indefinitely.

Thanks for the memories but I cannot believe that some on here are positing a third stint at ER for DR...

silverhibee
13-09-2015, 12:23 AM
yes, nobody near him at the time.

I did see it right then, he just fell to the ground with no one within 5 yards of him.

I watched him come off and you can just tell when a player has got a bad one, he looked gutted.

lord bunberry
13-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Indefinitely.

Thanks for the memories but I cannot believe that some on here are positing a third stint at ER for DR...
Why not? If Stubbs thinks he could score goals in this division against the dross we witnessed today, I'll be a happy man.

HappyHanlon
13-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Spotted Derek in the West Upper today!

Genuinely believe if we got him fit he'd be a good back up striker!