PDA

View Full Version : Deek

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Steve-O
22-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Posted this before Billy, it's more or less the same video but also has his goals from his final season too. That chip over Forster at Celtic Park :not worth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACdH__eWRc

Good stuff, includes a few later ones that I don't think I've ever seen before!

Couple of less obvious ones I remember going CRAZY at are the goal away v Dnipro (candidate for craziest celebrations ever) and that last minute deflected winner v Motherwell somewhere around 2005/06. I remember Hibs getting nothing from the ref all day, their keeper having an absolute blinder until that 90th minute winner got us a 2-1 win...back row of the East Stand to the front in 3 seconds I seem to recall :greengrin

scoopyboy
22-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Could put it on a memory stick for you

If you could Billy I would be grateful.

Steve-O
22-09-2015, 11:11 AM
:agree:

IMO our most under rated manager ever. I accept that he was a defensive minded tactician and therefore not the prettiest to watch, but generally his record was good. The football, in spite of the defensiveness, was far more entertaining (in my memory) than Fenlon/Butcher type stuff. The 4-0 defeat to Hearts which (I think?) contributed to his departure, was remarkable for the fact that up till then, such a scale of defeat was almost unheard of. For the first few years of his reign, Hibs rarely lost games by more than 1 or two goals. If we had followed his foundations with a manager that knew what he was doing, we could have been a really decent side.

I'm not entirely sure the record over 10 years was that good? I remember about 2-3 good seasons during that time which may be tainting your memory (or maybe it's my memory! :greengrin) somewhat.

His record against Hearts alone was absolutely shocking, for example.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 11:11 AM
If you could Billy I would be grateful.

Do you sit in the east?
If you do I could meet you tomorrow at the game

Bad Martini
22-09-2015, 11:14 AM
back row of the East Stand to the front in 3 seconds I seem to recall :greengrin

Seem to recall a number of such surges after Riordan leathered a free kick from nowheresville into the top bag.:greengrin

MON THE DEEK :not worth:aok:

Beefster
22-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Do keep up Beefster.

The Store is history, it's ASDA now.:greengrin

Ah Scoops, but you've forgotten about the wee Co-op up at Brotherstone Way that continues to overcharge us for bog-standard food!

You know you're getting old when you're discussing Co-ops on t'internet!

scoopyboy
22-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Do you sit in the east?
If you do I could meet you tomorrow at the game

West mate. We can sort something out though.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 12:18 PM

If I can do it tomorrow I'll send you a PM

.Sean.
22-09-2015, 12:22 PM
I'll be in the East and I'll be with you before and after the game so if you're toiling I could meet BW for you :aok:

FranckSuzy
22-09-2015, 12:47 PM
I honestly don't see what harm it would do if Deek was given a deal till Jan....or the end of the season :pray:

I trust AS 100% and if he thinks Deek can do a job for us, whether that's 'just' coming off the bench/coaching the youngsters/giving some of the support a boost (:wink:) or even just making sure the new boys know exactly what it means to play for Hibs, then that'll do for me :aok:

.Sean.
22-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Is he still training with us???

FranckSuzy
22-09-2015, 01:17 PM

AFAIK :aok:

Sure SH will be along soon to advise......:wink:

Yuillsy
22-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Posted this before Billy, it's more or less the same video but also has his goals from his final season too. That chip over Forster at Celtic Park :not worth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACdH__eWRc
If he could get back to that level I'd have him back in a shot. If he's not up to playing surely just having him working with our strikers in training is a good thing??
Does anyone know if he has any coaching badges?

ChrissyG1875
22-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Can nobody manage to put all his goals on a disc, I would love a copy.
http://www.itworld.com/article/2826276/personal-technology/how-to-download-and-burn-youtube-video-to-dvd.html

If you'd rather it on a dvd it's actually simpler than you think. You can even make a wee menu and put all your favourite hibs videos on it.

.Sean.
22-09-2015, 02:37 PM
AFAIK :aok:

Sure SH will be along soon to advise......:wink:
:aok:

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 03:24 PM

Put it on a memory stick, and checked it's working. I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 05:32 PM

Yes he is

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes he is

Have you been hiding in the bushes Ronnie

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Have you been hiding in the bushes Ronnie

Covered in scratches lol :soapbox::soapbox::whistle::xtree2 (nearest I could find to a bush )

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Covered in scratches lol :soapbox::soapbox::whistle::xtree2 (nearest I could find to a bush )

Ha ha, thanks for the update😜

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Yes he is

Well if you're going to have master classes better to hold one with a master...

4 Front Teeth
26-09-2015, 09:45 AM
I would love to know how he's getting on.... hopefully still training with us and doing well.... if so he must have been with us for a few weeks now..... anyone know?

.Sean.
26-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Get him back pronto because no for the first time at home this year we were toothless up front.

shetlandhibee
26-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Get him back pronto because no for the first time at home this year we were toothless up front.
i completly agree a (half as good as he was}player off dereks abillity to come of the bench in games like this , free kicks corners .... goals!! would be invaluable... dont get all this doubters??? its like some folk dont want him to suceed so they can say told you so! IMHO he could do so much right in this squad GGTTH

The Leith Dutch
27-09-2015, 09:48 AM
i completly agree a (half as good as he was}player off dereks abillity to come of the bench in games like this , free kicks corners .... goals!! would be invaluable... dont get all this doubters??? its like some folk dont want him to suceed so they can say told you so! IMHO he could do so much right in this squad GGTTH

Much as I love Riordan as a player (only the Famous Five and Joe Baker have scored more league goals so he's easily on the list of our best ever) the fact is that the "doubters" are people who realise that it isn't the same Derek Riordan as those wanting him back think they'll be getting.

Since he left us he's had two seasons where he's just made double figures appearances and the rest are either not playing or 2 or 3 games.
During that time he has averaged a goal in year and all this at a fairly low level.

I'm curious as to what in those last 5 years you think indicates he'd get us goals?

Andy74
27-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Much as I love Riordan as a player (only the Famous Five and Joe Baker have scored more league goals so he's easily on the list of our best ever) the fact is that the "doubters" are people who realise that it isn't the same Derek Riordan as those wanting him back think they'll be getting.

Since he left us he's had two seasons where he's just made double figures appearances and the rest are either not playing or 2 or 3 games.
During that time he has averaged a goal in year and all this at a fairly low level.

I'm curious as to what in those last 5 years you think indicates he'd get us goals?

Do we need the same Riordan though? A version that has at least got a level of fitness in him that he maybe hasn't had in the last couple of years could still create goals from free kicks and getting on the ball around the box.

In games where we are camped out and trying to find spaces someone with the ability to get on the ball and stick it in the net would be quite welcome.

J-C
27-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Do we need the same Riordan though? A version that has at least got a level of fitness in him that he maybe hasn't had in the last couple of years could still create goals from free kicks and getting on the ball around the box.

In games where we are camped out and trying to find spaces someone with the ability to get on the ball and stick it in the net would be quite welcome.

It's that little spark of genius, that little extra bit of nous, we are struggling yet again when teams park the bus, one third of Deek's talent is all we need, a free kick, that decisive defence cutting pass, something we don't have right now.

Ronniekirk
27-09-2015, 10:15 AM
I would love to know how he's getting on.... hopefully still training with us and doing well.... if so he must have been with us for a few weeks now..... anyone know?

Will be back in next week which is start of fourth week

The Leith Dutch
27-09-2015, 10:25 AM

So I think we can all agree that we're not getting the same Riordan.

If he can find space and stick the ball in the net on at least a few occasions then that's a quality a lot of teams would look for so I guess my point is why hasn't he done that for anyone over the last five years? You'd have thought that there would be some team at some level who could coax half a season with 5-10 goals out of him during that time if he still has anything left in the tank.

That said I can honestly say I'd be delighted to be totally and utterly wrong and see Riordan back in a Hibs shirt and knocking in a few goals (not least as double figures would land him in the 100 league goals club for us :) )

Hamish
27-09-2015, 10:52 AM
AS said in his post match interview that Keatings and Feruz would be back training the week after next. No mention of Anier or Farid.

Given this is there a possibility of giving Deek a short-term deal, maybe until January?. Boosts us in the immediate future and gives him a chance to impress other managers before the transfer window opens.

The_Horde
27-09-2015, 10:54 AM
AS said in his post match interview that Keatings and Feruz would be back training the week after next. No mention of Anier or Farid.

Given this is there a possibility of giving Deek a short-term deal, maybe until January?. Boosts us in the immediate future and gives him a chance to impress other managers before the transfer window opens.

Was anier not on the bench yesterday?

Hamish
27-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Was anier not on the bench yesterday?

Negative

Iain G
27-09-2015, 11:31 AM

Where is Jamie Insall?!?

The Leith Dutch
27-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Where is Jamie Insall?!?

Development squad rather than first team I believe.

I'd also stay our goal scoring woes are more to do with service to the strikers and a lack of contribution from midfield than the strikers themselves being at fault. Cummings and Malonga as a front two are plenty capable of putting the rest of the division in their place with some decent service.

Not so much a dig at the actual players in our midfield but more that we need to be a little less faffy around the opposition goal.
Watching yesterday's game we spent far too much time working the ball from side to side in an arc outside the box without someone making a decisive move to either get a shot in or play the strikers in effectively.....

The_Horde
27-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Negative

I didn't get a look at the lineup before kick off but someone next to me did ask if he would get on. So I had just assumed he was on the bench.

Tom Hart RIP
27-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Saw Deek at the Aberdeen game In the west upper with his mate.

QMU-1875
27-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Anier apparently injured. Get him signed till January, 100% believe he would take the chances our current lot are missing.

Diclonius
27-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Anier apparently injured. Get him signed till January, 100% believe he would take the chances our current lot are missing.

Can't argue with that.

SteveHFC
27-09-2015, 07:52 PM

We must be the only club that's signed so many strikers this season in which most of them are injured.

The Leith Dutch
28-09-2015, 08:05 AM
We must be the only club that's signed so many strikers this season in which most of them are injured.

It's only 4 out of 6 that are injured - too many bedwetters on here :greengrin

Jim44
28-09-2015, 08:39 AM

I hope Riordan doesn't pick up a training injury.:greengrin

Golden Bear
28-09-2015, 08:45 AM

Signing already injured or totally unfit players has become an unfortunate trait recently. We must be really skint and shopping in the bargain basement end of the market.

flash
28-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Signing already injured or totally unfit players has become an unfortunate trait recently. We must be really skint and shopping in the bargain basement end of the market.

Aye McGinn, Keatings, McGeouch, Henderson, Feruz......nobody would have wanted any of them right enough. That's the problem with this forum. Too few posters don't post when they have nothing of value to say.

Golden Bear
28-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Aye McGinn, Keatings, McGeouch, Henderson, Feruz......nobody would have wanted any of them right enough. That's the problem with this forum. Too few posters don't post when they have nothing of value to say.

:fishin:

Ok - I was naughty!

flash
28-09-2015, 09:10 AM
:fishin:

Ok - I was naughty!

Ach and I shouldn't react either. That's what happens when we don't win.

Golden Bear
28-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Ach and I shouldn't react either. That's what happens when we don't win.

:aok:

erin-go-bragh87
29-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I find myself checking this thread every day in case anyone has an update on how he's getting on! I've now convinced myself that no news is good news just now, if he'd been told no and wasn't training any more surely the club would let us know considering the interest him being back has generated!

jdships
29-09-2015, 11:19 AM
I find myself checking this thread every day in case anyone has an update on how he's getting on! I've now convinced myself that no news is good news just now, if he'd been told no and wasn't training any more surely the club would let us know considering the interest him being back has generated!

:cb

Ronniekirk
29-09-2015, 11:55 AM

If nothing happens this week I would tend to think nothing is going to happen He has had four weeks where he has shown he is fit and continues to be fit He will only get fitter but at some point he needs matches if he is to be given a chance to show what he can do
So development team today would be ideal opportunity given other front players may not yet be fit enough to participate in this Ironic or what
But Stubbs must of seen enough by now ,and looks like training with us is separate from training with view to giving him a short term deal
Opinion is divided on this but without seeing him in games we will never know if he looks like he could do a job for us or not
Don't know why he hasn't gone on trial to other clubs unless he thinks his fitness is still not at level he thinks it needs to be to impress those teams enough to make him an offer

.Sean.
30-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Anyone know the latest??

steviehibsleith
30-09-2015, 07:14 PM
If nothing happens this week I would tend to think nothing is going to happen He has had four weeks where he has shown he is fit and continues to be fit He will only get fitter but at some point he needs matches if he is to be given a chance to show what he can do
So development team today would be ideal opportunity given other front players may not yet be fit enough to participate in this Ironic or what
But Stubbs must of seen enough by now ,and looks like training with us is separate from training with view to giving him a short term deal
Opinion is divided on this but without seeing him in games we will never know if he looks like he could do a job for us or not
Don't know why he hasn't gone on trial to other clubs unless he thinks his fitness is still not at level he thinks it needs to be to impress those teams enough to make him an offer
Has he shown to be fit is the question. Do Hibs use heart rate monitors/gps as most clubs do and with this technology it is conclusive of how fit and how much every individual is doing in a training session or game.

Brooster
30-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Has he shown to be fit is the question. Do Hibs use heart rate monitors/gps as most clubs do and with this technology it is conclusive of how fit and how much every individual is doing in a training session or game.

Yes. Hibs use them all the time. Players are constantly measured and monitored and must reach a certain score each time. In fact the two players who conginually fell below the pass mark last season are no longer with us.

Onceinawhile
30-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Yes. Hibs use them all the time. Players are constantly measured and monitored and must reach a certain score each time. In fact the two players who conginually fell below the pass mark last season are no longer with us.

Oooo Who? Scott Allan and...?

Brooster
30-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Oooo Who? Scott Allan and...?

Haha you might not guess the 2nd one but have a guess.

steviehibsleith
30-09-2015, 07:33 PM

Thanks for information and great to hear we are using it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHFC
30-09-2015, 07:36 PM

Liam Craig?

Onceinawhile
30-09-2015, 07:36 PM

Frank dja djedje? He's literally the only other player I can think of who is no longer at Easter Road!

Edit: now just remembered about three others but sticking with Frank.

Brooster
30-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks for information and great to hear we are using it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had them when Butcher was here but they remained firmly in the box.

hibee92
30-09-2015, 07:39 PM

Robertson?

3pm
30-09-2015, 07:42 PM

Robbo.

Leith Green
30-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Heff?

Brooster
30-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Robbo.

Haha he was the fittest by a mile.

Leith Mo
30-09-2015, 07:59 PM

As part of the changes in our Club - seems strange but true - I'm pretty sure there are regular reports presented at a high level on each player's performance in training/gym eg bench presses/timings etc. Fitness & desire (despite/maybe a partial explanation for our injuries?)

Hiber-nation
30-09-2015, 08:13 PM

Booth??

Brooster
30-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Booth??

Correct John. You've won a coconut.

Hiber-nation
30-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Correct John. You've won a coconut.

Cheers Stevie, chuck it in a transit envelope :greengrin

4 Front Teeth
02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Let's say Deek was half a stone over weight and slow.... within a month he could lose at least half a stone and gain some speed back. On that basis surely the longer he's there the more chance stubs will decide to take a proper look..... and the more confident stubs will be that he's behaving himself.

Scooter
02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Is he still training with us

Boyle89
02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Is he still training with us

He was yesterday.

NorthRoadHibee
04-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Any updates on how he's doing? Is he back for next week?

Billychaotic182
04-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Any updates on how he's doing? Is he back for next week?

I tweeter Kenny Miller about it and got this back

@Kenny_Millar: @Billychaotic182 I think he's still using East Mains but I'd be very surprised if he was offered a deal.

SteveHFC
04-10-2015, 11:37 PM
I tweeter Kenny Miller about it and got this back

@Kenny_Millar: @Billychaotic182 I think he's still using East Mains but I'd be very surprised if he was offered a deal.
<<<< Season Ticket returned