PDA

View Full Version : SFA website deeply embarrassing

worcesterhibby
07-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Just tried to get a match report and details of the Scotland U21 and Scotland U19 matches that have been played the last few days. Very hard to find, but eventually got details of the scores and the team in the N Ireland U21 match. No report and no away team line-up.

No line ups or report for the U19's

Worst bit was when I clicked on details for Cummings and McGinn

Cummings seemingly plays for Hearts and McGinn plays for St Midden

Pathetic..my fishing club website is more accurate and up to date. We always update with full report day after a match.

Ronniekirk
07-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Just tried to get a match report and details of the Scotland U21 and Scotland U19 matches that have been played the last few days. Very hard to find, but eventually got details of the scores and the team in the N Ireland U21 match. No report and no away team line-up.

Pathetic..my fishing club website is more accurate and up to date. We always update with full report day after a match.

Your fishing club website ? :fishin::fishin::a bite:

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 09:07 PM

That's pretty bad. Spoke to one of the Scotland under 21 players today who played for us on Saturday. He said that both McGinn and Cunmings played really well.
Good to hear

worcesterhibby
07-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Your fishing club website ? :fishin::fishin::a bite:

:na na:

Ronniekirk
07-09-2015, 09:18 PM
:na na:

A friend of my fathers took my fishing in Fife and he bought me a lovely three piece wooden rod , and gave me a box of hand tied flies he had made himself Was well impressed :aok:

oconnors_strip
07-09-2015, 09:30 PM

We drew 1-1 in the first u19s game against Bulgaria and won 1-0 I. Second game.

Team line ups- 15398

worcesterhibby
07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
A friend of my fathers took my fishing in Fife and he bought me a lovely three piece wooden rod , and gave me a box of hand tied flies he had made himself Was well impressed :aok:

Old Skool !

Weststandwanab
08-09-2015, 07:10 AM
No need for the second word in the Thread Title in my opinion.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2015, 01:40 PM
None of that is a surprise. They are nearly impossible to contact, and when you manage it you never get a response anyway. They base the under 21 team in Paisley so that East coast fans have to travel to watch both international teams. They allow kick off times for Scottish cup semis at times and on days when there is no public transport available. And, the prices they charge for games against the likes of Gibraltar are an outrage ..... and that's from someone who usually takes a pragmatic view on the subject.

As I type this the news is reporting that disabled fans at Hampden couldn't see the game last night because the advertising hoardings in front of the disabled section were so high people couldn't see over them.

And my final and biggest gripe ....... the bloody Scotland supporters / travel club !!!

As far as I'm concerned this initiative does nothing more than take something which belongs to all of us and make it the preserve of one group. Why should someone whose support for Scottish football extends to following the national team a few times a year take priority for big match tickets over people who support the domestic game week in week out? I am aware that there are people who do both, so here is what I would do.

1st priority .............. Scotland supporters / travel club members who also hold a season ticket for a domestic club.
2nd priority ............. People who hold a season ticket for a domestic club.
3rd priority ............. People who are only Scotland supporters / travel club members.
4th priority ............. General sale of any tickets left after the above have had their go.

I only suggest this on the basis that the SFA seem determined to run the national team as if it were a club side. In my opinion the Scottish national team belongs to all of Scotland's football supporters, whether they are in group 1 above or whether they attend a couple of domestic or international games every season. This concept of being a 'Scotland supporter' is an anathema to me ...... the only qualification required to be a 'Scotland supporter' when I was growing up was to be Scottish and like fitba ..... it wasn't something you chose to do, you just were one. If your mate had asked you if you were a Scotland fan you would have looked at them like they were daft.

I have supported Scottish football for decades, including the full and under 21 national sides and have put thousands of pounds into the game in the process .... the fact that some guy who is willing / able to pay up to be a member of some poxy 'supporters club' but might never attend a domestic match has a better chance than me of getting a ticket for Scotland's games in France should we make it is utterly unfair in my opinion.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif

worcesterhibby
21-09-2015, 04:00 PM
No reply has been received from the SFA with regards my email (what a surprise) and the errors on the website remain, two weeks after they were pointed out. Amateurish and embarrassing.

truehibernian
21-09-2015, 04:18 PM
No reply has been received from the SFA with regards my email (what a surprise) and the errors on the website remain, two weeks after they were pointed out. Amateurish and embarrassing.

Don't know if you saw a photo circulating on Twitter about disabled seating at Hampden for the recent game v Germany - they had put advertising boarding right in front of their seats meaning no view whatsoever......:rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11850846/SFA-apologises-for-blocking-disabled-fans-view-with-advertising-boards.html

bubblesmorrison
21-09-2015, 11:53 PM
None of that is a surprise. They are nearly impossible to contact, and when you manage it you never get a response anyway. They base the under 21 team in Paisley so that East coast fans have to travel to watch both international teams. They allow kick off times for Scottish cup semis at times and on days when there is no public transport available. And, the prices they charge for games against the likes of Gibraltar are an outrage ..... and that's from someone who usually takes a pragmatic view on the subject.

As I type this the news is reporting that disabled fans at Hampden couldn't see the game last night because the advertising hoardings in front of the disabled section were so high people couldn't see over them.

And my final and biggest gripe ....... the bloody Scotland supporters / travel club !!!

As far as I'm concerned this initiative does nothing more than take something which belongs to all of us and make it the preserve of one group. Why should someone whose support for Scottish football extends to following the national team a few times a year take priority for big match tickets over people who support the domestic game week in week out? I am aware that there are people who do both, so here is what I would do.

1st priority .............. Scotland supporters / travel club members who also hold a season ticket for a domestic club.
3rd priority ............. People who are only Scotland supporters / travel club members.
4th priority ............. General sale of any tickets left after the above have had their go.

I only suggest this on the basis that the SFA seem determined to run the national team as if it were a club side. In my opinion the Scottish national team belongs to all of Scotland's football supporters, whether they are in group 1 above or whether they attend a couple of domestic or international games every season. This concept of being a 'Scotland supporter' is an anathema to me ...... the only qualification required to be a 'Scotland supporter' when I was growing up was to be Scottish and like fitba ..... it wasn't something you chose to do, you just were one. If your mate had asked you if you were a Scotland fan you would have looked at them like they were daft.

I have supported Scottish football for decades, including the full and under 21 national sides and have put thousands of pounds into the game in the process .... the fact that some guy who is willing / able to pay up to be a member of some poxy 'supporters club' but might never attend a domestic match has a better chance than me of getting a ticket for Scotland's games in France should we make it is utterly unfair in my opinion.

Why should you having a season ticket at easter road put you above people who only want to follow the National team and spend a lot of money doing so home and away?

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2015, 12:51 AM
'poxy' supporters club :confused: how demeaning is that

marinello59
22-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Why should you having a season ticket at easter road put you above people who only want to follow the National team and spend a lot of money doing so home and away?

I actually think he has a point. ST holders support Scottish fitba week in, week out and the National team is supposed to represent us all.

JimBHibees
22-09-2015, 06:16 AM
I actually think he has a point. ST holders support Scottish fitba week in, week out and the National team is supposed to represent us all.

Agree to a point however this supporters club has been run for decades so it is right they should get priority for international games. It think you will find the majority of members of the supporters clubs will also be supporting teams in the Scottish leagues from the biggest ones to the smallest.

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Agree to a point however this supporters club has been run for decades so it is right they should get priority for international games. It think you will find the majority of members of the supporters clubs will also be supporting teams in the Scottish leagues from the biggest ones to the smallest.

I covered all that in my post .... they would get priority.

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2015, 12:11 PM

The next 2 Under-21 games are at Pittodrie.:wink:

Where would you rank those supporters who travel with the team all over Europe? If they're not ST holders at a club, would they not get recognition for their support?

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2015, 12:35 PM
The next 2 Under-21 games are at Pittodrie.:wink:

Where would you rank those supporters who travel with the team all over Europe? If they're not ST holders at a club, would they not get recognition for their support?

Probably realised how crap the turn outs are at St Mirren.

How many folk have the time or money to follow Scotland all over the place? Anyway ... my point is that these folk are getting priority over folk who put just as much into the Scottish game .... the national team belongs to all of us, its not a club side and it shouldn't be acting like one. They are recognised in my scenario anyway, they just don't get priority over folk who's contribution to the game is just as valuable as theirs is.

PatHead
22-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Probably realised how crap the turn outs are at St Mirren.

How many folk have the time or money to follow Scotland all over the place? Anyway ... my point is that these folk are getting priority over folk who put just as much into the Scottish game .... the national team belongs to all of us, its not a club side and it shouldn't be acting like one. They are recognised in my scenario anyway, they just don't get priority over folk who's contribution to the game is just as valuable as theirs is.

Why Aberdeen? That is even worse for fans from Edinburgh, Stirling and the likes than Paisley. Is it not about time we started getting rewarded for building a stadium which meets the needs of the 21st century instead of handing out money to the likes of Aberdeen where we would have to travel a distance to sit in a crap stadium.

Under 20 games should be at Easter Road, Perth or Livingston in a central location with train links. Reward clubs who actually made an effort for a change.