PDA

View Full Version : Development Team - Hibs 2 v Partick 4 FT

oconnors_strip
07-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Hibs development team face Partick tomorrow at ainslie park, kick off 7pm

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Going along tomorrow night, looking forward to possibly seeing Insall, plus the continued development of the rest of the young lads. We've got a very very young team this year, so we need to be patient with results.

Ronniekirk
07-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Going along tomorrow night, looking forward to possibly seeing Insall, plus the continued development of the rest of the young lads. We've got a very very young team this year, so we need to be patient with results.

Surely Feruz will get some game time .He needs to learn he can't expect he will come straight into first team just cause he is with Chelsea .think he needs to show he can apply himself at this level given his previous loan spells didn't work out :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Surely Feruz will get some game time .He needs to learn he can't expect he will come straight into first team just cause he is with Chelsea .think he needs to show he can apply himself at this level given his previous loan spells didn't work out :rolleyes:

Hope to see him, but not sure of his game time this season so far Ronnie

3pm
07-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I'll head along.

Money in the bucket is it?

oconnors_strip
07-09-2015, 09:32 PM
I'll head along.

Suggested donation of £5/£2. But as long as you put some donation in then :thumbsup:

3pm
07-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Suggested donation of £5/£2. But as long as you put some donation in then :thumbsup:

Cheers! :aok:

Jonnyboy
07-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I'll head along.

Me too (and I'll bring a bucket if there's free money being offered :greengrin)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Hopefully Insall will be playing too.

silverhibee
07-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I'll head along.

Might pop along as well. :greengrin

Bring crisps.

oconnors_strip
07-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Might pop along as well. :greengrin

Bring crisps.

Salt and vinegar please :wink:

3pm
07-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Salt and vinegar please :wink:

You bring the vodka then. :greengrin

silverhibee
07-09-2015, 09:51 PM

I'll bring the coke.

3pm
07-09-2015, 09:54 PM
I'll bring the coke.

Ching Ching.

oconnors_strip
07-09-2015, 10:14 PM

Can someone bring plastic cups then :greengrin

greenlex
08-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Straws?

WeAreHibs
08-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Straws?

Assuming you want me to bring the ice?!

big-mo
08-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Just to let you know, next week's away game against Hamilton has been moved to the Wednesday with a 6 pm ko

Billy Whizz
08-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Just to let you know, next week's away game against Hamilton has been moved to the Wednesday with a 6 pm ko

Thanks Mo

Twiglet
08-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Insall not in squad.

Billy Whizz
08-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Insall not in squad.

Surprised at this

Andy74
08-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Insall not in squad.

Strange after the Evening News advertising the fact he was playing tonight.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Insall not in squad.

It's like Ronaldo in the WC final again ;)

bingo70
08-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Insall not in squad.

Thought feruz might have been playing too.

ancient hibee
08-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Surprised at this

Shouldn't be.This is the first time he's ever done full time training.He can probably hardly put one leg past the other.

Andy74
08-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Shouldn't be.This is the first time he's ever done full time training.He can probably hardly put one leg past the other.

Well yeah he should be after this article.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/striker-jamie-insall-to-make-hibs-bow-against-jags-1-3880004

ancient hibee
08-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Well yeah he should be after this article.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/striker-jamie-insall-to-make-hibs-bow-against-jags-1-3880004

Stubbs doesn't actually say he'll play tonight-it's the News that does.

LancsHibs
08-09-2015, 05:58 PM
What is the Hibs team?

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
: Reguero, Dunsmore, Forster, Waugh, Stirling, Scott, Martin, Stanton, Watson, Boyle, Shaw

- - - Updated - - -

substitutes: Brennan, McGregor, Breen, Murray, Donaldson

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 06:08 PM
1-0 Watson

3pm
08-09-2015, 06:09 PM
1-0. Watson.

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 06:19 PM
1-1

3pm
08-09-2015, 06:20 PM
1-1

WTF was the goalkeeper doing?!

Andy74
08-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Stubbs doesn't actually say he'll play tonight-it's the News that does.

Correct but it's a reason people are surprised.

The Evening News don't ordinarily take the step of telling you a player will play unless they've been given that information.

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Correct but it's a reason people are surprised.

The Evening News don't ordinarily take the step of telling you a player will play unless they've been given that information.

If you believe everything the evening news tells you then more fool you!

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 06:48 PM
WTF was the goalkeeper doing?!

Reminds me of oxley at times but then he made that great body save at edge of box

3pm
08-09-2015, 06:56 PM
My first time here, it's a cracking set up.

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 07:00 PM

Yeah it is. Apart from the deafening crap music :greengrin

Scooter
08-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Or maybe hibs got an idea of a larger attendance and are protecting him a little

Ozyhibby
08-09-2015, 07:07 PM
2-1 partick free header from corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
08-09-2015, 07:08 PM
3-1 og Stirling

3pm
08-09-2015, 07:08 PM
3-1.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2015, 07:12 PM
A defence, a defence, my kingdom for a defence

as shakespeare would say

or was it a horse he wanted :hmmm: neigh...a defence will do

Ozyhibby
08-09-2015, 07:16 PM
4-1

silverhibee
08-09-2015, 07:18 PM

Getting dark now, helicopter should help with the floodlighting, hope your car is still in the car park when you get back. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
08-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Am surprised with four players with first team experience in the line up we getting beat 4. 1. Have some of those players been subbed ? We seem to have gone from a development squad who won most of our games to one that isn't
I know the guys that go regularly have said we are playing younger players than the teams we are up against ,is that one of the main factors

3pm
08-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Forster and Boyle off.

3pm
08-09-2015, 07:35 PM
2-4. Dunsmore.

Andy74
08-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Am surprised with four players with first team experience in the line up we getting beat 4. 1. Have some of those players been subbed ? We seem to have gone from a development squad who won most of our games to one that isn't
I know the guys that go regularly have said we are playing younger players than the teams we are up against ,is that one of the main factors

I don't really care if they win or not. It's all about what benefit the first team get eventually.

Pretty Boy
08-09-2015, 07:44 PM

Can't comment on tonight as I'm not there but Partick were a good, young side last year. They had a young lad at right back who Butcher had released from Hibs who was only 17 that looked a real player.

Hibs beat them at Ainslie Park but it was Stanton and Kennedy who dragged us through that night, Sam scored at least 2. A year down the line and with a much younger Hibs side in opposition it wouldn't surprise me if PT are just that wee bit wiser this season.

Should be a learning.curve for a lot of our young boys this year.

oconnors_strip
08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Full time

Matty_Jack04
08-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Can't comment on tonight as I'm not there but Partick were a good, young side last year. They had a young lad at right back who Butcher had released from Hibs who was only 17 that looked a real player.

Hibs beat them at Ainslie Park but it was Stanton and Kennedy who dragged us through that night, Sam scored at least 2. A year down the line and with a much younger Hibs side in opposition it wouldn't surprise me if PT are just that wee bit wiser this season.

You have to wonder that in the short space of time the butcher was here what benefit to the first team squad would releasing a 17yr old laddie have? on another note I'm so glad he's gone

3pm
08-09-2015, 09:07 PM

Hibs were pissing all over them for the 1st 20 mins. Some great football....then we seemed to stop and they improved too. The equaliser was a fluke plus the goalie looked a bit suspect to me.

Hibs hit the bar twice just before half time, had they went in winning I don't think Partick could have had too many complaints.

The 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half were a joke. The young lad at left back (Waugh) had a horrid time, the lad at Centre Half (Stirling, who I think could make it) was also struggling. Development game or not, I felt McBride should have been addressing this. The ball down their right, our left was constant. The two young lads are 17 I think, it's a hell of a learning curve when you are left so exposed.

Hibs pushed after that but there weren't too many chances. Good work by Scott Martin in the run up to Dunsmore's goal.

Thought Forster, Boyle and Stanton could have done a bit better.

Dunno what the other guys at the game thought....

Jonnyboy
08-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Hibs were pissing all over them for the 1st 20 mins. Some great football....then we seemed to stop and they improved too. The equaliser was a fluke plus the goalie looked a bit suspect to me.

Hibs hit the bar twice just before half time, had they went in winning I don't think Partick could have had too many complaints.

The 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half were a joke. The young lad at left back (Waugh) had a horrid time, the lad at Centre Half (Stirling, who I think could make it) was also struggling. Development game or not, I felt McBride should have been addressing this. The ball down their right, our left was constant. The two young lads are 17 I think, it's a hell of a learning curve when you are left so exposed.

Hibs pushed after that but there weren't too many chances. Good work by Scott Martin in the run up to Dunsmore's goal.

Thought Forster, Boyle and Stanton could have done a bit better.

Dunno what the other guys at the game thought....

I thought that I hope Oxley never gets injured :wink:

Thought Stirling played well, as did Scott Martin. Aaron Dunsmore and young Adam Watson caught the eye too. Forster and Boyle got much needed minutes after returning from injury.

Their right back, Matthew McInally was excellent and looked even faster over the ground than Boyle.

3pm
08-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I thought that I hope Oxley never gets injured :wink:

Thought Stirling played well, as did Scott Martin. Aaron Dunsmore and young Adam Watson caught the eye too. Forster and Boyle got much needed minutes after returning from injury.

Their right back, Matthew McInally was excellent and looked even faster over the ground than Boyle.

I'm maybe being harsh on Boyle and Forster.

Nice registration plate by the way! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
08-09-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm maybe being harsh on Boyle and Forster.

Nice registration plate by the way! :greengrin

Thought you were gonna say hello? :greengrin

3pm
08-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Thought you were gonna say hello? :greengrin

Ye were chatting again! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Ye were chatting again! :greengrin

:greengrin

Had the great pleasure of meeting with and chatting too brog, of this parish. Otherwise, I was as quiet as a mouse :wink:

muthillhibee
08-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Anyone else think that it was a bemusing decision to take of Aaron Scott who was probably our best player on the night. Everything good for Hibs came through him. The boy never wastes a pass and gets stuck in.

Also Reguero is honking. Anyone shouting for him to play in the first team needs to give me some of what they are smoking. A poor mans Makalamby.

Ronniekirk
08-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Anyone else think that it was a bemusing decision to take of Aaron Scott who was probably our best player on the night. Everything good for Hibs came through him. The boy never wastes a pass and gets stuck in.

Also Reguero is honking. Anyone shouting for him to play in the first team needs to give me some of what they are smoking. A poor mans Makalamby.

Think he only got a one year deal ? As most other players got two years and Dylan three and Mcginn four.

3pm
08-09-2015, 09:58 PM

I agree - would have kept him on.

Jonnyboy
08-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Cracking wee player who, dare I say it, kinda reminds me of Scott Allan :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Does anybody know where the game away vs Hamilton tomorrow is being played? On the fishy site it just says time and kick off TBC.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Does anybody know where the game away vs Hamilton tomorrow is being played? On the fishy site it just says time and kick off TBC.

I believe it's actually Wednesday 6pm at Hamilton, Maurice put a note on here last week. Hibs communication on these games is absolutely attrociuus. Better to check the spfl site

Hermit Crab
14-09-2015, 11:01 AM
I believe it's actually Wednesday 6pm at Hamilton, Maurice put a note on here last week. Hibs communication on these games is absolutely attrociuus. Better to check the spfl site

Ok, thanks Billy. Won't make it on Wednesday I'm working.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Ok, thanks Billy. Won't make it on Wednesday I'm working.

Same for me as well, could have made the original date on Tuesday though

Hermit Crab
14-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Same for me as well, could have made the original date on Tuesday though

Maybe next time.