PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FOOTBALL FOR A FIVER AGAINST ABERDEEN

RSS Bot
07-09-2015, 02:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5683)

Broken Gnome
07-09-2015, 02:11 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5683)

Tee hee.

hibeemikey21
07-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Well that title is somewhat misleading....

EdinMike
07-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Goo Goo Gaa Gaa here's my fiver....

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Nice wind up Hibs,steep prices too!

3pm
07-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Nice wind up Hibs,steep prices too!

It's what I was expecting

PatHead
07-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Can I be first to say it?

Cup top up is great value this season!

B.H.F.C
07-09-2015, 02:20 PM
That's the top up more than paid for itself already.

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 02:21 PM
The only way we will get over 10,000 at the game, with these prices, are if Aberdeen fill the away end

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 02:40 PM

Agreed. Some home ties in the Scottish Cup, and Hibs could lose some revenue. However, that is the gamble when you take it out. There have been seasons when it's not been value for fans. Swings and roundabouts. Me, I love the CTU.

PatHead
07-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Agreed. Some home ties in the Scottish Cup, and Hibs could lose some revenue. However, that is the gamble when you take it out. There have been seasons when it's not been value for fans. Swings and roundabouts. Me, I love the CTU.

Agreed. We could have paid and not had any home games at all.

BTW Well done on the hole in one. I played yesterday at Royal Musselburgh and never even hit a green on any par 3s far less a hole in one.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Agreed. We could have paid and not had any home games at all.

BTW Well done on the hole in one. I played yesterday at Royal Musselburgh and never even hit a green on any par 3s far less a hole in one.

Thanks, still can't believe that happened. Been playing murder since mid July, so a wee bonus

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Thanks, still can't believe that happened. Been playing murder since mid July, so a wee bonus

Did it really happen though?

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2015, 03:00 PM
That's the top up more than paid for itself already.

Yes it certainly has, I used to get one but refused to pay even more over the odds for an already inflated season ticket price in the championship. Some you win, some you lose :greengrin

3pm
07-09-2015, 03:09 PM

God bless the Playstation. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-09-2015, 03:15 PM
It's a bit expensive but i'm not surprised by the price considering we're playing one of the best sides in the country.

PatHead
07-09-2015, 03:16 PM
It's a bit expensive but i'm not surprised by the price considering we're playing one of the best sides in the country.

Out of interest what would be a fair price that wouldn't mean Hibs lose money?

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Out of interest what would be a fair price that wouldn't mean Hibs lose money?

Think it should be no more than £15. Think it's £20 because we have a few cup top up fans who are effectively getting in for free, and we'll have to pay Aberdeen half of it
I'll be there anyway

PatHead
07-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Think it should be no more than £15. Think it's £20 because we have a few cup top up fans who are effectively getting in for free, and we'll have to pay Aberdeen half of it
I'll be there anyway

Must admit I thought it would be about £15 with £5 for all kids. Think it was that at Dundee Utd game last year.

Suppose the extra £5 per ticket brings in around £22,000 for Hibs (after costs) on 10,000 paying so I can understand why priced at £20 as well.

As someone (Brooster?) said above I hate the price differential between children above/below 12. Kids over 12 are just as expensive to bring up as those below it. Perhaps more bearing in mind designer gear.

Out of interest is there anyone who will not go, or take kids, because it is too dear? Also do you think prices are fair?

Interested to know for a meeting coming up.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2015, 03:39 PM
The only way we will get over 10,000 at the game, with these prices, are if Aberdeen fill the away end

With these prices? Its no more than the average price for a league game against the team currently one point off the top of the league, with a game in hand and a 100% record. In Scottish football terms Aberdeen is one of the biggest draws you can get.

Hibs probably made next to nothing from the games against Montrose and Stranraer with prices of £15, £10 and £5 and crowds of below 6,000 for both matches, at exactly what point is the club supposed to make a profit from a game?

IMO if the prices Hibs have set for a cup tie against the second best club in the country who haven't been to Easter Road for 18 months and which has to be settled on the night is putting folk off going to the game, then they are a pretty poor excuse for a supporter and I ****ing well despair for the future of this club.

Greenblood70
07-09-2015, 03:42 PM

I hear you brother, delighted I top'd up!

Andy74
07-09-2015, 03:44 PM
I think this is fine - discouting the odd game is worth it but folk now seem to think we should have big reductions for every game that comes outwith the season ticket.

It is a fairly big game in the scheme of things now.

PatHead
07-09-2015, 03:50 PM
With these prices? Its no more than the average price for a league game against the team currently one point off the top of the league, with a game in hand and a 100% record. In Scottish football terms Aberdeen is one of the biggest draws you can get.

Hibs probably made next to nothing from the games against Montrose and Stranraer with prices of £15, £10 and £5 and crowds of below 6,000 for both matches, at exactly what point is the club supposed to make a profit from a game?

IMO if the prices Hibs have set for a cup tie against the second best club in the country who haven't been to Easter Road for 18 months and which has to be settled on the night is putting folk off going to the game, then they are a pretty poor excuse for a supporter and I ****ing well despair for the future of this club.

This is the other side of the argument which is why I am keen to find out how fans feel about the prices and if these prices are putting folk off? Equally if you don't come because you feel prices are too high against the likes of Alloa will you come along to this game as it offers better value and is against a Premiership club?

PatHead
07-09-2015, 03:52 PM
I think this is fine - discouting the odd game is worth it but folk now seem to think we should have big reductions for every game that comes outwith the season ticket.

It is a fairly big game in the scheme of things now.

You could argue this game is discounted already as it is 10% cheaper than a normal league game.

franks
07-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Think they have got the pricing right for all the cup games this season. Aberdeen at home in a LC tie I would say the pricing is fair and I hope the club make a decent profit from a big turnout on the night.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Think they have got the pricing right for all the cup games this season. Aberdeen at home in a LC tie I would say the pricing is fair and I hope the club make a decent profit from a big turnout on the night.

Exactly :aok:

.Sean.
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM
20 quid is the perfect excuse to use for those that probably had no intention of going anyway.

Yhe novelty of playing no-marks every other week is wearing thin, can't wait for a cup tie under the floodlights against a proper team.

If you've no other commitments and can afford it you've no excuse for no going.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 04:56 PM
I'll be there anyway

The Cup Top cost £50, it is always a gamble, but there have been seasons when we have had no home cup ties...... This season has been exceptionally lucky for those that bought the CTU, however it isn't like that every season......These things have a habit of breaking even.

Do you suggest Hibs do away with the CTU next season going forward?

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Did it really happen though?

No I am a compulsive liar, and couldn't wait to post my walter mitty ramblings on a forum seeking attention only.....

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 04:58 PM
God bless the Playstation. :greengrin

I am 42, playstations are not for people my age (or shouldn't be)......

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 05:00 PM

This:agree::agree:

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 05:15 PM

Im merely suggesting that hibs have a wee chance here to encourage fans who aren't attending league games, back and hopefully catch the bug again. I think by keeping the ticket prices a bit lower than the normal walk ups ( and at no point have i suggested we make it so low that we make a loss) that a few thousand more may turn up to see, as you rightly said, a good premier team. If we put up a good show some of them might return to league matches and at full price will cover the reduction on a single cup game. Also providing a better atmosphere because apart from the group in sect 43 the atmosphere just now is frankly piss poor.
People have said that at the end of the day hibs are a business and as such must be run as one and be self sustained,well we have lost a few thousand st holders this year and are watching us play some poor teams in some very poor grounds other business models loosing that income would need to think out the box (a lot would perhaps use the groupon/itison style to encourage people back in at a discount and hope they return at full price) i think cup games should be footballs answer to those types of deals. Clubs dont use cup games in their budgets as u dont know if u will have a home draw .so whilst we cannot make a loss ,why cant we make only a small profit and let the the fans feel they are getting something back and who knows the missing few thousand mite just get that feeling back

B.H.F.C
07-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Im merely suggesting that hibs have a wee chance here to encourage fans who aren't attending league games, back and hopefully catch the bug again. I think by keeping the ticket prices a bit lower than the normal walk ups ( and at no point have i suggested we make it so low that we make a loss) that a few thousand more may turn up to see, as you rightly said, a good premier team. If we put up a good show some of them might return to league matches and at full price will cover the reduction on a single cup game. Also providing a better atmosphere because apart from the group in sect 43 the atmosphere just now is frankly piss poor.
People have said that at the end of the day hibs are a business and as such must be run as one and be self sustained,well we have lost a few thousand st holders this year and are watching us play some poor teams in some very poor grounds other business models loosing that income would need to think out the box (a lot would perhaps use the groupon/itison style to encourage people back in at a discount and hope they return at full price) i think cup games should be footballs answer to those types of deals. Clubs dont use cup games in their budgets as u dont know if u will have a home draw .so whilst we cannot make a loss ,why cant we make only a small profit and let the the fans feel they are getting something back and who knows the missing few thousand mite just get that feeling back

Worth remembering that with it being a cup tie, Aberdeen need to agree to the pricing as well. Maybe Hibs did want to keep it cheaper. Then again, maybe not..

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 05:26 PM
No I am a compulsive liar, and couldn't wait to post my walter mitty ramblings on a forum seeking attention only.....

Behave

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2015, 05:34 PM

It was £15 to get in against Dundee Utd last year and it didn't seem to make any difference .... I have nothing against certain games being discounted, even ones I have paid for on my ST .. which means I don't get a discount. I just think games like this aint it and I'm convinced too many folk use prices as a convenient reason to miss games they weren't going to anyway.

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 05:43 PM
It was £15 to get in against Dundee Utd last year and it didn't seem to make any difference .... I have nothing against certain games being discounted, even ones I have paid for on my ST .. which means I don't get a discount. I just think games like this aint it and I'm convinced too many folk use prices as a convenient reason to miss games they weren't going to anyway.

Maybe its not a 'convenient 'reason maybe its a genuine reason and as a club we should be doing everything we can to find a way round it. Lower priced cup games is only one way but hibs need to think hard because a core of 6k is not gonna get us out of this league and if we do and they still dont come back ,as st cost will rise, then we truly will become a mediocre lower end of the division club for many years. Now is the time to try and win back those who are disillusioned with the club, we cant wait till nxt year. I personally think finances are a huge part of it as travel to the game ticket n food for say a dad n 2 kids is a huge chunk of a family budget these days and it must be hard to justify spending all that for little return

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Worth remembering that with it being a cup tie, Aberdeen need to agree to the pricing as well. Maybe Hibs did want to keep it cheaper. Then again, maybe not..

I appreciate aberdeen have a say , sadly we will never know how much input they had on the final pricing eh, i would have hoped they would have wanted to keep it down as their fans will have travel cost and perhaps a few hours off work but clubs in general dont really consider fans these days

Hibernia&Alba
07-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Cup top up has proved a bargain this season and is always worth taking a chance on IMO. Hopefully there will be a good crowd; Aberdeen will bring plenty down.

Hibby70
07-09-2015, 05:54 PM

To be fair you do have form.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 05:58 PM
It's a cup tie at home to Aberdeen. Some want admission at reduced pricing. Is this game not lower priced than a walk up league match?

Hibs can never win with some......

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 06:00 PM
To be fair you do have form.

???

No idea who you are, or what you are on about......

Gatecrasher
07-09-2015, 06:15 PM
It's a cup tie at home to Aberdeen. Some want admission at reduced pricing. Is this game not lower priced than a walk up league match?

It's mental folk are moaning about this. If hibs listened to these guys we would be more skint than what we are already.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 06:16 PM
It's mental folk are moaning about this. If hibs listened to these guys we would be more skint than what we are already.

Some want everything for nothing.....

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:03 PM

Its a whole 2 quid cheaper, wow

as ive said i want cup games cheaper to encourage more people back im not advocating a reduction on league games as thats how clubs budget for a season . I also dont want it so cheap that we run it a loss (economic madness) but these game are a chance to at least try and bring the missing ones back and like it or not finance pkays a huge part in peoples decision.

we need them back as easter rd is a morgue just now

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Some want everything for nothing.....

No ones asked for it to be free have they???

Sorry if i missed those posts

Stuarty27
07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
I've got a cup top up so I am happy, but IMO £20 for a midweek game in the league cup is a farce.

No wonder fans are staying away from Scottish football

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 07:08 PM

as ive said i want cup games cheaper to encourage more people back im not advocating a reduction on league games as thats how clubs budget for a season . I also dont want it so cheap that we run it a loss (economic madness) but these game are a chance to at least try and bring the missing ones back and like it or not finance pkays a huge part in peoples decision.

Policing will be dearer for a start.....It's cheaper than a championship game, that's a fact. Wow is your response. Aberdeen have to agree to pricing too.

marinello59
07-09-2015, 07:09 PM
I've got a cup top up so I am happy, but IMO £20 for a midweek game in the league cup is a farce.

No wonder fans are staying away from Scottish football

This may well be one of the most attractive fixtures we play all season. £20 is reasonable.

Baldy Foghorn
No ones asked for it to be free have they???

Sorry if i missed those posts

It's all about £15 is too dear, what do fans realistically expect Hibs to charge?

Baldy Foghorn
This may well be one of the most attractive fixtures we play all season. £20 is reasonable.

Indeed:agree:

brassmonkeybar
Policing will be dearer for a start.....It's cheaper than a championship game, that's a fact. Wow is your response. Aberdeen have to agree to pricing too.

How much more expensive will the policing be?

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:11 PM

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 07:12 PM

Don't know, but there will be more police deployed, there will be the barriers at end, and of course this fixture has some "history"......

Not really much problems when we play Alloa or Raith etc

emerald green
07-09-2015, 07:14 PM
How about if Hibs just let everyone in for nothing? :rolleyes:

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:17 PM

Then all the cup top ups would be on here moaning

PatHead
07-09-2015, 07:22 PM

The thing is there has not been one poster on here saying they are not going because of the price.

There have been a few who have moaned but none said they are not going. As I have said either here (or elsewhere) when I made the telephone calls about season tickets hardly anyone said the price affected them going. In games where we have reduced prices or even "bring a friend for nothing" it has not had a massive effect on the attendances.

It is easy to criticise but if you do not have suggestions I would be delighted to raise them at the next WT meeting.

emerald green
07-09-2015, 07:24 PM

Not me, and I've got a CTU. I was just being facetious.

My point really is that Hibs will never be able to please everyone as far as this issue is concerned. At least that's how it seems to me anyway.

We all want to see ER as full as possible with home fans. Ultimately, the way to do that is to get a consistently winning team on the pitch and get out of this league.

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:25 PM

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Not me, and I've got a CTU. I was just being facetious.

My point really is that Hibs will never be able to please everyone as far as this issue is concerned. At least that's how it seems to me anyway.

We all want to see ER as full as possible with home fans. Ultimately, the way to do that is to get a consistently winning team on the pitch and get out of this league.

I knew exactly what you were being thanks

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 07:29 PM
The thing is there has not been one poster on here saying they are not going because of the price.

There have been a few who have moaned but none said they are not going. As I have said either here (or elsewhere) when I made the telephone calls about season tickets hardly anyone said the price affected them going. In games where we have reduced prices or even "bring a friend for nothing" it has not had a massive effect on the attendances.

It is easy to criticise but if you do not have suggestions I would be delighted to raise them at the next WT meeting.

The price won't stop me going, but I just feel that if it was a bit cheaper, we might get another 2,000 or 3,000 along.
The £5 for kids is a gimmick, can't see too many going. I take an 8 year old family friend to all the games. I don't think he will be allowed on a school night, with the potential for extra time.
All about opinions, which this board is for

brassmonkeybar
07-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Im not criticizing, im just proposing that perhaps one off cup game discounts is a possible way to try and tempt some people back? Nothing else seems to be put forward.

its non st holders we want to get back so offer an incentive to them?

Cup top up holders seem very vocal in this debate re saying wat do people want? In for free or dropping the price and making a loss, where in fact up to and including the aberdeen game each cup top up holder will have cost the club a loss of £15 each by only paying £50 ,

you see depending on how you look at it even they could be seen as costing the club money

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Im not criticizing, im just proposing that perhaps one off cup game discounts is a possible way to try and tempt some people back? Nothing else seems to be put forward.

Cup top up holders seem very vocal in this debate re saying wat do people want? In for free or dropping the price and making a loss, where in fact up to and including the aberdeen game each cup top up holder will have cost the club a loss of £15 each by only paying £50 ,

you see depending on how you look at it even they could be seen as costing the club money

Wondered how long it take before we got the CTU holder's are costing Club money. Let's not forget there have been plenty Season's where a CTU has not been worth it for the holder, but hey ho......IF we had no home cup games this season there would have been an extra £50 per CTU towards costs.....Yet by some quirk of fete we have had all home ties so far.......

Some love a moan though......

emerald green
07-09-2015, 07:55 PM

So my buying a season ticket for £380, plus £50 CTU, is costing the club money? I shouldn't have bothered.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 08:03 PM
So my buying a season ticket for £380, plus £50 CTU, is costing the club money? I shouldn't have bothered.

We should be paying double that, so that we can let the lapsed fans in for hee haw, least we can do.....

emerald green
07-09-2015, 08:06 PM
We should be paying double that, so that we can let the lapsed fans in for hee haw, least we can do.....

The least we could do, and I suggest we buy them all a match programme and a burger too. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
07-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Maybe its not a 'convenient 'reason maybe its a genuine reason and as a club we should be doing everything we can to find a way round it. Lower priced cup games is only one way but hibs need to think hard because a core of 6k is not gonna get us out of this league and if we do and they still dont come back ,as st cost will rise, then we truly will become a mediocre lower end of the division club for many years. Now is the time to try and win back those who are disillusioned with the club, we cant wait till nxt year. I personally think finances are a huge part of it as travel to the game ticket n food for say a dad n 2 kids is a huge chunk of a family budget these days and it must be hard to justify spending all that for little return

It's a home tie,not much travel for most and you have your tea before you go to match.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 08:23 PM
The least we could do, and I suggest we buy them all a match programme and a burger too. :greengrin

Jeezo, you are too generous:agree:

hibee
07-09-2015, 08:39 PM
As someone (Brooster?) said above I hate the price differential between children above/below 12. Kids over 12 are just as expensive to bring up as those below it. Perhaps more bearing in mind designer gear.

Out of interest is there anyone who will not go, or take kids, because it is too dear? Also do you think prices are fair?

Interested to know for a meeting coming up.

I agree, my son turns 12 before the end of the season and my other will next season and I just don't see how they can justify charging more for a 12yr old than an 11yr old. My two have had ST's for many years but I'll give it a lot of thought next season before renewing as it all adds up.

I actually gave up the cup top ups last season and haven't really missed the cup games or taking the kids along to games on a cold dark night school night!

PatHead
07-09-2015, 08:47 PM
I agree, my son turns 12 before the end of the season and my other will next season and I just don't see how they can justify charging more for a 12yr old than an 11yr old. My two have had ST's for many years but I'll give it a lot of thought next season before renewing as it all adds up.

I actually gave up the cup top ups last season and haven't really missed the cup games or taking the kids along to games on a cold dark night school night!

You missed a cracker last season against Dundee Utd. :greengrin

Are you going to go and if not is it the price?

PatHead
07-09-2015, 08:57 PM
The price won't stop me going, but I just feel that if it was a bit cheaper, we might get another 2,000 or 3,000 along.
The £5 for kids is a gimmick, can't see too many going. I take an 8 year old family friend to all the games. I don't think he will be allowed on a school night, with the potential for extra time.
All about opinions, which this board is for

Billy, up until 2 years ago I would have agreed but having looked at games with discount a fiver doesn't make a large difference to the gate. Other factors are more important though an incentive might encourage fans along. We did that at the Malmo game but have never repeated it

Personally I would have liked to have seen us make it slightly cheaper if you bought before matchday and online. That would take variable factors like the weather or a defeat just before the game out of the equation. The lack of handling by the ticket office would offset some of the cost.

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Billy, up until 2 years ago I would have agreed but having looked at games with discount a fiver doesn't make a large difference to the gate. Other factors are more important though an incentive might encourage fans along. We did that at the Malmo game but have never repeated it

Personally I would have liked to have seen us make it slightly cheaper if you bought before matchday and online. That would take variable factors like the weather or a defeat just before the game out of the equation. The lack of handling by the ticket office would offset some of the cost.

Like your idea of a discount if you buy early. Think we did something similar for the Arbroath Scottish cup tie in Feb. think we charged £10 if you bought before a certain date, £15 there after.
Football clubs really need to look at pricing for non season ticket games. If you look at attendances in England for example for League and FA cup games, most grounds are relatively empty. Look at our City neighbours last season v Celtic in the cup

Ronniekirk
07-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Like your idea of a discount if you buy early. Think we did something similar for the Arbroath Scottish cup tie in Feb. think we charged £10 if you bought before a certain date, £15 there after.
Football clubs really need to look at pricing for non season ticket games. If you look at attendances in England for example for League and FA cup games, most grounds are relatively empty. Look at our City neighbours last season v Celtic in the cup

I will be a walk up ,but if our result the Saturday before wasn't a win and its pissing it down I won't bother .But agree If discount for buying early I might at least buy the ticket in advance .

PatHead
07-09-2015, 09:19 PM

That is because they knew they would lose. Their fans always "boycott" these games.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 09:29 PM
We have already reduced pricing for Montrose and Stranraer, and those reductions never resulted in bumper crowds......

PatHead
07-09-2015, 09:33 PM
We have already reduced pricing for Montrose and Stranraer, and those reductions never resulted in bumper crowds......

Been trying to say that all evening. Must admit it surprised me how little it affects the gate.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Been trying to say that all evening. Must admit it surprised me how little it affects the gate.

Maybe people are not interested until quarters stage?

3pm
07-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Maybe people are not interested until quarters stage?

Final more like.

Billy Whizz
07-09-2015, 09:38 PM

So what's the solution then

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Final more like.

Was trying to be diplomatic......

3pm
07-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Was trying to be diplomatic......

I'll crack the jokes. :greengrin

PatHead
07-09-2015, 10:04 PM
So what's the solution then

I don't know.

Andy74
07-09-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't know.

The answer is you keep the prices fairly high as the same people will go anyway and you may as well maximise the income.

Ticket prices have been proven time and again to have very little difference on attendances.

PatHead
07-09-2015, 10:10 PM
The answer is you keep the prices fairly high as the same people will go anyway and you may as well maximise the income.

Ticket prices have been proven time and again to have very little difference on attendances.

think the question was how do you attract lapsed fans rather than maximise income

Andy74
07-09-2015, 10:14 PM
think the question was how do you attract lapsed fans rather than maximise income

Winning more games.

PatHead
07-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Winning more games.

Just won 3 out of 4 :greengrin

Carheenlea
07-09-2015, 10:26 PM

Knocking a fiver off a ticket price has been proven in the past not to be a fruitful tactic in that endeavour. This is a hugely attractive fixture - a midweek cup tie under the floodlights at Easter Road against a good quality side who will have a big travelling support with them. I`m looking forward to this a lot, and it will be interesting to see how our current side compares to one of the country's strongest teams. £20 is a more than fair price for what is on offer.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Respect to all the fitba fans on here who saw the draw and thought, wow, that could be a cracker.

mca
07-09-2015, 10:42 PM
What if we had a FIVER Section... !! All Tickets a Fiver Each..

The club would Lose Money at First.. But - Only IF the Fiver Section Didn't Create an atmosphere !!

Study Shows - That - In Time the fiver section would Grow and so will the atmosphere !!!

Don't ask where I read it but I did read it.. :wink:

Now thinking it was maybe aussie rules stadia..

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2015, 07:41 AM
We could have a section where you only get in if steaming drunk, that could raise the atmosphere...... (and free entry too, as they will have spent their money on booze)

bigwheel
08-09-2015, 08:08 AM
What if we had a FIVER Section... !! All Tickets a Fiver Each..

The club would Lose Money at First.. But - Only IF the Fiver Section Didn't Create an atmosphere !!

Study Shows - That - In Time the fiver section would Grow and so will the atmosphere !!!

Don't ask where I read it but I did read it.. :wink:

Now thinking it was maybe aussie rules stadia..

Basically you are suggesting charging a fiver to anyone who wants to go in a particular section.....why have we never thought of that before?? :rolleyes:

Kids are a fiver, and everyone else is cheaper than normal prices - yet people still want more..

Even as a cup top up holder - I simply want to thank the club for making an effort on prices - well done Hibs!

PatHead
08-09-2015, 10:19 AM

At many games now there are no police at all only stewards. Costs are much lower for these games.

PatHead
08-09-2015, 10:24 AM

I have read a couple of articles on the pricing structure. It appears Hibs are actually offering a reduction to under 12s rather than charging more for over 12s if you catch my drift. All other concessions are £10. Obviously if they had continued to charge up to 12 year olds £10 it would not be a problem and no one would feel hard done by. :-)

Billy Whizz
08-09-2015, 10:37 AM
I have read a couple of articles on the pricing structure. It appears Hibs are actually offering a reduction to under 12s rather than charging more for over 12s if you catch my drift. All other concessions are £10. Obviously if they had continued to charge up to 12 year olds £10 it would not be a problem and no one would feel hard done by. :-)

Going off on a tangent here, but under 12's at Falkirk go free, and a season ticket for under 16's at Queen of the south is £18

3pm
08-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Just go if you want to go (and you can afford it). If you don't fancy it then don't bother.

Personally, it's something I am looking forward to rather than playing the likes of Morton and Alloa. Will be a good test for the team and to see what type of progress we've really made.

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2015, 11:47 AM
They should just scrap the cup top up and give all ST holders a discounted price on cup games.

Mr White
08-09-2015, 11:53 AM
They should just scrap the cup top up and give all ST holders a discounted price on cup games.

You've got more CTU regrets than Jack Bauer :greengrin

147lothian
08-09-2015, 11:54 AM

No the cup top up is good, its great hearing the draw realizing your off that day and got a game to go to

lucky
08-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I'll be there anyway

Away teams get 38% of gate money at league cup and Scottish cup ties. Both clubs must agree the ticket price.

lord bunberry
08-09-2015, 12:20 PM
I think £20 is a fair price for this game, but I still don't understand why we charge more for kids over 12. As far as the game itself I can't wait for it, games against the sheep are always good. The first 2 games in the cup saw our usual group of around 8 reduced to about 2, but everyone's going to this one.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Going off on a tangent here, but under 12's at Falkirk go free, and a season ticket for under 16's at Queen of the south is £18

And have either of those clubs seen a rise in attendances as a result?

Mikey09
08-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Hibs v Aberdeen... League cup.... Under the lights.... For 20 bucks?! That'll do for me!! :agree:

Smartie
08-09-2015, 01:35 PM
The headline on that article is scandalously misleading.

I'll probably go, just because it'll be halfway interesting to see how we fare against a decent team.

But by pitching it at £20 for adults they really deserve to be playing in front of about 4000 fans.

Instead of wondering how we're going to get back the fans we've lost I just wonder how we've managed to hang onto the ones we have at the prices that have been charged when our performance has been consistently so far below what should be expected at those prices.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2015, 01:53 PM
The headline on that article is scandalously misleading.

I'll probably go, just because it'll be halfway interesting to see how we fare against a decent team.

But by pitching it at £20 for adults they really deserve to be playing in front of about 4000 fans.

Instead of wondering how we're going to get back the fans we've lost I just wonder how we've managed to hang onto the ones we have at the prices that have been charged when our performance has been consistently so far below what should be expected at those prices.

I have given my opinion elsewhere on this subject ...... but cant help saying there is more chance of me agreeing with a statement by Katie Hopkins than that one.

GGTTH ..... so long as its at a knock down price.

JimBHibees
08-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I think £20 is a fair price for this game, but I still don't understand why we charge more for kids over 12. As far as the game itself I can't wait for it, games against the sheep are always good. The first 2 games in the cup saw our usual group of around 8 reduced to about 2, but everyone's going to this one.

Totally agree at 12 does a kid suddenly become less expensive to pay for or start earning?

PatHead
08-09-2015, 02:09 PM

The concession price is £10 for children, students and pensioners. Hibs are giving a further discount to children under 12.

Smartie
08-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I have given my opinion elsewhere on this subject ...... but cant help saying there is more chance of me agreeing with a statement by Katie Hopkins than that one.

GGTTH ..... so long as its at a knock down price.

GGTTH as long as it is at a realistic price.

I was one of the 5000 at the Stranraer game.

I've kept buying season tickets, go to as many away games as I can and as I said I'll probably go to this game.

But I wouldn't for one minute hold it against anyone who chose not to and I suspect there will be a few.

Sometimes it is nice to see our big ground a bit more full than normal. Lowering prices a bit - say £15 - and getting a few more through the gate to support us in what will be a difficult cup tie wouldn't be too much to ask.

PatHead
08-09-2015, 02:44 PM

I've kept buying season tickets, go to as many away games as I can and as I said I'll probably go to this game.

But I wouldn't for one minute hold it against anyone who chose not to and I suspect there will be a few.

Sometimes it is nice to see our big ground a bit more full than normal. Lowering prices a bit - say £15 - and getting a few more through the gate to support us in what will be a difficult cup tie wouldn't be too much to ask.

The thing is though that lowering ticket prices does not automatically mean an increase in crowds. I know supporters who aren't going just now because they have simply found something more important to do, whether that be work, bringing up a family or just fallen out of love with the game just now.

A fiver for a one off game is not going to make any difference other than cost Hibs over £20,000 unless there were 1,300 other full price tickets sold. I doubt there are that many who would be attracted by a fiver discount.

B.H.F.C
08-09-2015, 02:56 PM

It'd be difficult if Aberdeen didn't agree to the lower prices.

Don't know whether or not Hibs would have pushed for lower prices, probably not, but I won't be too critical of them when the decision is not 100% down to them. If they had been a fiver cheaper i don't think there would have been that much difference to the gate tbh.

Smartie
08-09-2015, 03:39 PM
All fair points tbh.

It's very difficult to calculate the impact that things like an extra fiver off would have on the attendance.

I'm not convinced Hibs always do what they can though.

As the years go by, and as what I would consider to be a "good customer" of theirs I find myself begrudging the prices more and more as the years go by.

For every one of you who question "hibbiness" or uber-fan credentials, there are 2 or 3 people who either follow other clubs or don't follow football at all who laugh at me for continuing to waste so much money on rubbish.

A time, I think, is coming when I'll agree with them more than you.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2015, 04:01 PM

For a cup tie against the 2nd best team in the country £20 is a realistic price, and still cheaper than a league game. Charging £15 for a league cup quarter final last year against Dundee Utd didn't exactly have Hibs fans knocking down the doors did it?

I wonder if Aberdeen will bring a small support because its £20 to get in ...... I doubt it, and they have a 250 mile round trip on top of that. Mind you, their team is doing well isn't it ..... if folk don't want to go because they think Hibs are crap or they think we have no chance in this game then at least they should be honest and say so .... its funny how prices never seem to be as much of an issue for teams who are doing well as they seem to be for us.

What happened to being a football fan? .... You would have thought that all the folk who have stopped going to watch Hibs but still call themselves supporters would be intrigued by a game like this one, over the last 12 months there has been no shortage of people trying to get lapsed fans to see that Hibs have changed on and off the park ..... what better game to find out how much truth there is in that, you would think they would want to see for themselves if Hibs can be a match for a team doing as well as Aberdeen. Not just that, but there is nothing better in the game than a fight to the finish under the lights with a big noisy away support up the other end.

The way some folk are going on you would think Hibs had increased prices for this game, instead of knocking two quid off what they normally charge.

PatHead
08-09-2015, 04:09 PM
For a cup tie against the 2nd best team in the country £20 is a realistic price, and still cheaper than a league game. Charging £15 for a league cup quarter final last year against Dundee Utd didn't exactly have Hibs fans knocking down the doors did it?

I wonder if Aberdeen will bring a small support because its £20 to get in ...... I doubt it, and they have a 250 mile round trip on top of that. Mind you, their team is doing well isn't it ..... if folk don't want to go because they think Hibs are crap or they think we have no chance in this game then at least they should be honest and say so .... its funny how prices never seem to be as much of an issue for teams who are doing well as they seem to be for us.

What happened to being a football fan? .... You would have thought that all the folk who have stopped going to watch Hibs but still call themselves supporters would be intrigued by a game like this one, over the last 12 months there has been no shortage of people trying to get lapsed fans to see that Hibs have changed on and off the park ..... what better game to find out how much truth there is in that, you would think they would want to see for themselves if Hibs can be a match for a team doing as well as Aberdeen. Not just that, but there is nothing better in the game than a fight to the finish under the lights with a big noisy away support up the other end.

The way some folk are going on you would think Hibs had increased prices for this game, instead of knocking two quid off what they normally charge.
:top marks

RoYO!
08-09-2015, 05:01 PM
When does the dot counting start?!

Kojock
08-09-2015, 05:21 PM
The concession price is £10 for children, students and pensioners. Hibs are giving a further discount to children under 12.

Exactly, Its £10 for a child ticket and Hibs have decided to discount under 12's. Folk should be praising Hibs for saving them a fiver not complaining.

Malthibby
08-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Exactly, Its £10 for a child ticket and Hibs have decided to discount under 12's. Folk should be praising Hibs for saving them a fiver not complaining.

I'd like to praise the Hibs.
Thang you very much.
GG

high bee
08-09-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm paying £22 for a ticket vs Alloa and I paid £15 vs Montrose so £20 vs Aberdeen is reasonable enough.

I agree its most likely reduced for under 12 rather than increased for 12s and over. (Guess it's a glass half full/empty situation)

Don't believe lower prices make a huge difference, main driver is results. If we start seeing 4/5 nils every week then crowds will go up. The folk who aren't keen won't be swayed by a £10/£15 ticket. The majority of guys who have lost interest are not reading forums or taking heart in better football and performances, they will only take notice when we are doing something newsworthy (and being spoken about by everyone, akin to the dark red tramps last year and the blue tramps this year), like hammering teams in this league and making our way up the premiership table rather than good performances and narrow wins.

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2015, 07:38 PM
You've got more CTU regrets than Jack Bauer :greengrin

I haven't finished yet, I've just paid £52.50 each for tickets at the Playhouse for the bodyguard........so £20 for Aberdeen pffffft. ;-)

marinello59
09-09-2015, 06:17 AM
Aberdeen played Viking of Norway last night in a friendly. Entry was free so I guess the ground was absolutely packed. :devil:

3pm
09-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Aberdeen played Viking of Norway last night in a friendly. Entry was free so I guess the ground was absolutely packed. :devil:

Local derby! :greengrin

SirPsychoHibee
09-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I was a wee bit disappointed at it being £20. It's obviously a more attractive tie than Stranraer or Montrose so keeping it at £15 would have given us a bigger crowd. Happy to pay the price to see us do the sheep under the lights though :aok:

P.S happy first post to me :flag:

3pm
09-09-2015, 11:45 AM
I see the Dandies have sold out their allocation to the PBS a few days before. Sold out in a couple of hours.

Alfred E Newman
09-09-2015, 11:52 AM

You could also ask why they can justify charging less for a 65 year old than for a 64 year old.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Killie v Hearts league cup
Anyone think this is sensible

Adults - £15
Concessions (Under 21s & Over 65s) - £10
U16s - £5

PatHead
09-09-2015, 01:29 PM

Adults - £15
U16s - £5

If both clubs are happy with that then yes, though Hearts have tended to play a "weaker side" in cup games over the past couple of seasons. If they turn up with their first team then fair enough but if they turn up with half a dozen fringe players it is a lot.

Be interesting to see who gets the bigger gate.

green&left
09-09-2015, 02:30 PM

Adults - £15
U16s - £5

Rangers v St Johnstone £18 also. We'll be the most expensive ticket this round. Hey ho...

Andy74
09-09-2015, 02:39 PM

Adults - £15
U16s - £5

It is and we have had similar pricing in the past. I think we have ours right though.

Also easy for them to do with full houses every week and lots of direct debits adding to the cash flow just now too.

marinello59
09-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Rangers v St Johnstone £18 also. We'll be the most expensive ticket this round. Hey ho...

That one is live on TV. Isn't that the argument usually given on here to make tickets even cheaper?

Alfred E Newman
09-09-2015, 05:36 PM

On the plus side it gives people another excuse not to go.

flash
09-09-2015, 06:23 PM

Our tie is far more attractive to be fair.

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Why buck the trend!

Blaster
09-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Is there really anyone on here who would go if it was £15 but are not because it's £20? Serious question

PatHead
09-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Is there really anyone on here who would go if it was £15 but are not because it's £20? Serious question

I asked this question in post 19 and no-one has said yes so far.

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2015, 07:32 AM

People can still have their opinion, consider it expensive and still go to the game. I think the price of a pint is outrageous but it hasn't stopped me drinking.

DH1875
10-09-2015, 07:39 AM
No doubt its been pointed out before but, £22 to see Hibs vs Alloa or £20 to see Hibs vs Aberdeen. I know what one I thinks the better value.
Would agree that though that kids prices should be up to age 16, none of this age 12 guff.

Blaster
10-09-2015, 07:43 AM
People can still have their opinion, consider it expensive and still go to the game. I think the price of a pint is outrageous but it hasn't stopped me drinking.

You just stole my example lol

BoomtownHibees
10-09-2015, 08:02 AM
No doubt its been pointed out before but, £22 to see Hibs vs Alloa or £20 to see Hibs vs Aberdeen. I know what one I thinks the better value.
Would agree that though that kids prices should be up to age 16, none of this age 12 guff.

The kids prices are up to 16 however the club are giving a further discount to those under 12

lyonhibs
10-09-2015, 08:14 AM
The kids prices are up to 16 however the club are giving a further discount to those under 12

Quite why this point still needs to be clarified for the 12th time in this thread I don't know :greengrin

Decent ticket prices, well done to Aberdeen for agreeing the special reduction for under 12's. Scotland's second best team, in the cup with decent prices.

Good standard of opposition in a meaningful game with decent ticket prices. Should see a bumper crowd for this one given that it addresses 2 of the major gripes locally based fans have given for not returning to Easter Road

:devil:

Thecat23
10-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Scottish football isn't worth the money they charge. Sadly folk like myself will still go because there is nothing else really to do. Are Hibs value for money? Not a chance in hell. Is Scottish football value for money.. Again no chance! This league should be adults £15 max kids £5.

I know it will never happen but that's fair prices IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Scottish football isn't worth the money they charge. Sadly folk like myself will still go because there is nothing else really to do. Are Hibs value for money? Not a chance in hell. Is Scottish football value for money.. Again no chance! This league should be adults £15 max kids £5.

I know it will never happen but that's fair prices IMO.

I paid £44 to get into Everton v Watford 4 weeks ago and even though it was 2 - 2 it wasn't a very good game. That's £44 for a bog standard stand seat at a normal league game. It doesn't matter that the standard of player on offer is better than what we get to see, the last time I looked average earnings in Liverpool weren't double that of Edinburgh.

If and when we get promoted the most expensive seat at ER isn't going to cost anything like £44. When you see the richest league in the world charging that to folk whose earnings and lifestyle is little different from ours perhaps we could have it a lot worse.

Greencore
10-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Just got my tickets today, Excited.

Oscar T Grouch
10-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Bought my ticket at 10am this morning, don't care what anyone else is doing, I'll be in my usual seat cheering on the Hibees. Personally I think it'll be good to see how we play against the dons, never know, we might even win!! GGTTH :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
10-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Hibs have played a blinder here. People actual think £20 for this round is a bargain 'cos its 2 quid cheaper than a run of the mill league game v Dumbarton. If anything it shows how ridiculous our Championship prices are IMO!

marinello59
10-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Hibs have played a blinder here. People actual think £20 for this round is a bargain 'cos its 2 quid cheaper than a run of the mill league game v Dumbarton. If anything it shows how ridiculous our Championship prices are IMO!

How about we slash players wages then to enable us to slash ticket prices?

hfc rd
14-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Are tickets still available for this game? Looking at the possibility of coming up for this as it has the makings of being a cracker. Two very good teams.

IanM
14-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Are tickets still available for this game? Looking at the possibility of coming up for this as it has the makings of being a cracker. Two very good teams.

I think you only need to read one of the comments on this thread to know it'll not sell out 😂

Sammy7nil
14-09-2015, 09:13 PM

Correct. However it a missed opportunity to get the missing fans back. There will be a lot of fans curious to see the new team but are out of the habit of going. If we went for a flat price of £12 i think it could have been near full if the team then won! Who knows an extra 500 at the next game? Instead it will be the usual stalwart great fans that go along and an opportunity will have been missed imho.

People saying it easy for the yams to cut prices due to their sell outs are missing the point it would have been easier to maintainthe price due to their loyalty. Yams have the right idea we have missed a trick. If however there is 15000+ i will happily be proved wrong.

And yes i know the dandies would have to agree the price.

Cheshire Hibby
14-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Whilst lots of good points on here, I'm not bothered about the price. I'll be coming up to ER to hopefully see a good game with our boys competing against the SPL League leaders. Not expecting a win although it would be great and help get a few more to return.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Correct. However it a missed opportunity to get the missing fans back. There will be a lot of fans curious to see the new team but are out of the habit of going. If we went for a flat price of £12 i think it could have been near full if the team then won! Who knows an extra 500 at the next game? Instead it will be the usual stalwart great fans that go along and an opportunity will have been missed imho.

People saying it easy for the yams to cut prices due to their sell outs are missing the point it would have been easier to maintainthe price due to their loyalty. Yams have the right idea we have missed a trick. If however there is 15000+ i will happily be proved wrong.

And yes i know the dandies would have to agree the price.

You are dreaming if you think £12 tickets would mean we would fill the ground. Not even close to it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-09-2015, 07:19 AM
I've not been to a game since Dumbarton at the start of the season and to be honest I just cannae find any enthusiasm/excitement for run of the mill Championship games, I've got my ticket for The Dons game though and I'm looking forward to it, ticket price wasn't the issue.

Squealing pig
15-09-2015, 07:32 AM
How much for 2 adults and an oap

Mr White
15-09-2015, 08:26 AM
How much for 2 adults and an oap

£52 I think. 20, 20 & 12

Off the bar
15-09-2015, 12:42 PM
coming up for a pals wedding that weekend, booked the train to come up on the Wednesday ages ago so I'd have a bit of time to see family etc before the wedding, just reallised it means I can make the game! Print at home ticket is making its way through the the printer now! Buzzing for my first game of the season.

:flag:

JimBHibees
18-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Just seen that Johnny Hayes will miss this game due to his sending off v Celtic last week. Not a bad thing as he provides alot of the pace and width for Aberdeen.

green day
20-09-2015, 05:49 AM
Stupid question time.

I dont have CTU and just bought tickets for me and my son online, and it automatically added them to our season ticket seats which is great.

Are the tickets added to our season card?

What I mean is, I presume I don't need to print a paper one at home?

Billy Whizz
20-09-2015, 06:14 AM
Stupid question time.

I dont have CTU and just bought tickets for me and my son online, and it automatically added them to our season ticket seats which is great.

Yes it's added to your card

green day
20-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Yes it's added to your card

Cheers

3pm
20-09-2015, 06:36 AM
Stupid question time.

There will be confirmation on your email you get after buying the tickets.

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Stupid question time.

Yes just scan your ST card as normal.

green day
20-09-2015, 06:49 AM
There will be confirmation on your email you get after buying the tickets.

I thought that too, but its not that clear !

It says "Unless you have chosen another method of delivery, any items will be sent to the address below".

I assumed it would be added, cheers to all for the replies.

green&left
20-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Aberdeen are close to selling out the bottom tier of away end according to Twitter and are requesting the upper tier.

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Aberdeen are close to selling out the bottom tier according of away end according Twitter and are requesting the upper tier.

Hope they don't outnumber us ;-)

Stuarty27
20-09-2015, 04:13 PM
After that result today, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheep sell out the upper tear as well.

Gonna be a really interesting game, looking forward to it!

silverhibee
20-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I wonder if Aberdeen have decided to stay down here for the few days rather than doing all that travelling and train at facilities close to outside the Capital.

Kojock
20-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I wonder if Aberdeen have decided to stay down here for the few days rather than doing all that travelling and train at facilities close to outside the Capital.

All that travel, its only 2 1/2 hours to Aberdeen. A bus would cost them around 200 quid. How much money would it cost for a 3 night hotel stay plus paying for training facilities etc. Its only the league cup after all.

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Hope they don't outnumber us ;-)

I know that's tongue in cheek Scouse, but theres been too many folk on this thread who are giving the distinct impression they would like to see that happen.

Stuarty27
20-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I think we will sell between around 8k-9k tickets and the sheep will be between 2000-3000.

So at best we are looking at 12,000 fans which is a nice money earner.

Billy Whizz
20-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Didn't see the Hearts v Aberdeen game today. Is it going to be a tall order to get a result on Wednesday?

B.H.F.C
20-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Didn't see the Hearts v Aberdeen game today. Is it going to be a tall order to get a result on Wednesday?

Definitely a tall order but not impossible. It's a completely different game to what we've faced in the last few weeks.

Performance will need to be a hell of a lot better than yesterday, that's for sure.

CorrieHibs
20-09-2015, 05:14 PM
It will be a very tough game. At least Aberdeen won't stick 10 men behind the ball though.

.Sean.
20-09-2015, 05:20 PM
It'll make a nice change actually having a team to play football against as opposed to playing against a bunch of cloggers with every man behind the ball.

No excuses for not attending if you can afford it and other commitments allow. Looking forward to it.

Alfred E Newman
20-09-2015, 05:43 PM
It'll make a nice change actually having a team to play football against as opposed to playing against a bunch of cloggers with every man behind the ball.

No excuses for not attending if you can afford it and other commitments allow. Looking forward to it.

You must be joking, there will be plenty excuses.

emerald green
20-09-2015, 06:02 PM
My only prediction for this match is that Pawlett will dive to try to con the referee into awarding a penalty.

hfc rd
20-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Was always going to be a tough game when the draw was made. I hope Aberdeen go into this game the same way Dundee United went into the match last season against us in the cup. Thinking they just needed to turn up and will automatically win. It is obviously going to be the toughest match we have played so far this season but I believe in Alan Stubbs and the players that we can go out there and give a it a real go. On our day, we are capable of giving anyone a match and can beat them.

Billy Whizz
20-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Was always going to be a tough game when the draw was made. I hope Aberdeen go into this game the same way Dundee United went into the match last season against us in the cup. Thinking they just needed to turn up and will automatically win. It is obviously going to be the toughest match we have played so far this season but I believe in Alan Stubbs and the players that we can go out there and give a it a real go. On our day, we are capable of giving anyone a match and can beat them.

I'm sure the team will turn up, more concerned that our fans turn up in numbers

hfc rd
20-09-2015, 07:14 PM

I hope they do. Our toughest test of the season so far against a team that are flying just now.

B.H.F.C
20-09-2015, 07:16 PM

I've just come to accept that our crowds at the moment are what they are.

We're pretty much doing what we need to do at Easter Road at the moment although it isn't terribly exciting. Maybe a big result, like beating Aberdeen this week, is what we need to start enticing people back.

flash
21-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Looks like at least 2500 Aberdeen fans coming so the potential is there for a decent crowd and a cracking cup tie.
Just hope we are up to the challenge.

Matty_Jack04
21-09-2015, 11:02 AM
is the ticket office open later on wednesday? im trying to convince my old man and uncle to go so leaving it pretty late to go pick up my ticket, if the old yins give it a miss il head down wednesday after my work and get them around half 4/5

Since90+2
21-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Just bought tickets for the game on Wednesday and it looks quite empty at the moment.

Even Section 43 which tends to fill up quickly is still only around half full.

Since90+2
21-09-2015, 11:27 AM
is the ticket office open later on wednesday? im trying to convince my old man and uncle to go so leaving it pretty late to go pick up my ticket, if the old yins give it a miss il head down wednesday after my work and get them around half 4/5

Is the printed ticket option not viable for you?

Matty_Jack04
21-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Is the printed ticket option not viable for you?

no, no printer and cant access club website from work

smack
21-09-2015, 11:45 AM

You could still use the print at home option by buying your tickets online. You will then receive an email containing your tickets which you could then forward to your work for printing.

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2015, 11:53 AM
I presume the ticket pods will be open on Wednesday night

Matty_Jack04
21-09-2015, 12:08 PM
You could still use the print at home option by buying your tickets online. You will then receive an email containing your tickets which you could then forward to your work for printing.

I presume the ticket pods will be open on Wednesday night

brilliant cheers guys :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2015, 05:16 PM
brilliant cheers guys :aok:

Lol .... mine wasn't advice mate, it was a badly put question.

Can anybody confirm that the pods will be open?

Billy Whizz
21-09-2015, 05:27 PM

You can prebook them and pick up on the night

Keith_M
21-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Looks like at least 2500 Aberdeen fans coming so the potential is there for a decent crowd and a cracking cup tie.
Just hope we are up to the challenge.

We played them in the Scottish Cup in 2003, after beating Hearts in the previous round, and the crowd was only 11,500, with about 3,000 of those Aberdeen Fans. That was when we were in the Premier League.

Hopefully we can at least match that number this time.

flash
21-09-2015, 07:05 PM
We played them in the Scottish Cup in 2003, after beating Hearts in the previous round, and the crowd was only 11,500, with about 3,000 of those Aberdeen Fans. That was when we were in the Premier League.

Hopefully we can at least match that number this time.

This is a chance to see our potentially exciting young team against the best in the country. Personally I can't wait.

Stuarty27
21-09-2015, 07:21 PM
I think there will be a decent crowd anyways.

Can see us selling at least 8thousand tickets.

silverhibee
21-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Aberdeen receive another 500 tickets for game on Wednesday. SSN

green day
21-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Aberdeen receive another 500 tickets for game on Wednesday. SSN

That's for Caley Thistle on Saturday.

silverhibee
21-09-2015, 10:13 PM
That's for Caley Thistle on Saturday.

Ooops, sorry.

Must pay attention to what i read. :greengrin

neil7908
22-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Sorry if these questions have been covered somewhere else but when does the ticket office open tomorrow? And can I pay by card?

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Sorry if these questions have been covered somewhere else but when does the ticket office open tomorrow? And can I pay by card?

Usually 10am and yes

neil7908
22-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Usually 10am and yes

Cheers

Stuarty27
22-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Online sales look decent

Albanian Hibs
22-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Online sales look decent

How decent?

Dav1986
23-09-2015, 12:04 AM
Working till 7 tomorrow. I presume that the ticket pods will be in operation tomorrow? Don't have time to get to ER before work and don't want to wait in queues at ticket office before the game. Know ill miss out on loyalty points but would rather just turn up and head into the stadium...

smack
23-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Online sales look decent

That could be because all season ticket holders had until Tuesday to buy their seat. Suspect there will be quite a few seats released this morning

GreenCastle
23-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Looking forward to this - good test to see where we are..how far we have to go..

Hopefully fans get them to ER and support the team.

Surprised Aberdeen haven't sold out the whole away end - top of league and flying with plenty of Edinburgh based fans.