PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Amit Moudgil

matty_f
06-09-2015, 10:01 PM
This is my next blog in the series, which features an interview with Amit Moudgil, talking about his role as the supporter nominated director at Hibs.

Feedback is welcome, as always!

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/changing-times-interview-with-amit.html

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2015, 10:29 PM
This is my next blog in the series, which features an interview with Amit Moudgil, talking about his role as the supporter nominated director at Hibs.

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/changing-times-interview-with-amit.html

Good stuff. Did he take a breath between sentences? :greengrin

matty_f
06-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Good stuff. Did he take a breath between sentences? :greengrin

:greengrin Just about!

CallumLaidlaw
06-09-2015, 10:40 PM
It's very interesting that Frank was critisized for saying he doesn't understand why fans are staying away. Yet one of the first things Amit says is "You can understand why people are staying away because there were so many more reasons not to come to the football club than there were to come to the football club"

Ronniekirk
06-09-2015, 10:42 PM

Enjoyed hearing how Amit has gone about tackling this new role and how available he is making himself to the support ,so that he can be a conduit ,between fans and the board .
I take it its deliberate Petrie isn't mentioned ,but would be good to hear what his non executive role is ,maybe you could persuade him to give you an interview:rolleyes:
Only thing I would of liked more detail on was the issue of revamped scouting system as it sounds like there was little structure in place and be good to know more about what is there now what it's forward plan is
Does Amit actively go around and watch younger players to recruit ,or is his coordinating role that he helps decide who is going to be watched and is involved in making final decisions with others about who will be brought to the club .i know he is working with younger players ,but identifying ,nurturing and developing young talent to move through the system and into Development Team is key ,as these are our potential future players ,that need to bridge that disconnect between Development Squad and First Team Squad ,that Leeann first identified when she came to the club as being one of the Key drivers to effect positive change going forward .

Amit
06-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Enjoyed hearing how Amit has gone about tackling this new role and how available he is making himself to the support so that he cN be a conduit between fans and the board .
I take it its deliberate the Petrie isn't mentioned ,but would be good to hear what his non executive role is ,maybe you could persuade him to give you an interview:rolleyes:
Only thing I would of liked more detail on was the issue of revamped scouting system as it sounds like there was little structure in place and be good to know more about what is there now what it's forward plan is
Does Amit actively go around and watch younger players to recruit ,or is his coordinating role that he helps decide who is going to be watched and is involved in making final decisions with others about who will be brought to the club .i know he is working with younger players but identifying ,nurturing and developing young talent to move through the system and into a Development Team is key as these are our potential future players ,that need to bridge that disconnect between Development Squad and First Team Squad ,that Leeann first identified when she came to the club as being one of the Key drivers to effect positive change going forward .

Hi,

The Club moved to a continental structure (ie Head Coach and Director of Football Operations reporting into CEO), so they needed to recruit a great number of back room staff to support this.

Graeme Mathie has done an excellent job creating a structure for Player ID and Recruitment. This structure is similar throughout the different age groups.

Initially my role was to co-ordinate the scouts ensuring that recommendations or player follow ups were carried out. If a player was invited to train with us then it is up to the coaching staff to provide further assessment.

My role now is to collate all reports with help from other administrators, ensure recommendations are followed up and properly logged. I'm also the contact for boys clubs, so I've been establishing relationships and ensuring we work with boys clubs in a mutually beneficial and respectful way.

Also enjoying the Board role and responsibilities that come with it.

GGTTH

Amit

Ronniekirk
06-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Hi,

The Club moved to a continental structure (ie Head Coach and Director of Football Operations reporting into CEO), so they needed to recruit a great number of back room staff to support this.

Graeme Mathie has done an excellent job creating a structure for Player ID and Recruitment. This structure is similar throughout the different age groups.

Initially my role was to co-ordinate the scouts ensuring that recommendations or player follow ups were carried out. If a player was invited to train with us then it is up to the coaching staff to provide further assessment.

My role now is to collate all reports with help from other administrators, ensure recommendations are followed up and properly logged. I'm also the contact for boys clubs, so I've been establishing relationships and ensuring we work with boys clubs in a mutually beneficial and respectful way.

GGTTH

Amit

Thanks Amit found that a good insight into the workings of the new system .Sounds like your doing a good job all round I take it you didn't scout Feruz :greengrin

Amit
06-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Thanks Amit found that a good insight into the workings of the new system .Sounds like your doing a good job all round I take it you didn't scout Feruz :greengrin

Ha ha. You are correct. Although I am excited to see what he can do whilst he is with us.

[emoji106]

Wheat Hound
06-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Well played Amit. That was an enjoyable read and you come across very well. Thank you for all the time and work you put in for our club.

Amit
06-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Well played Amit. That was an enjoyable read and you come across very well. Thank you for all the time and work you put in for our club.

Thank you very much for the kind words. As I said in Matty's blog, it's a privilege to be in this position and it's something I take great pride in. It was only made possible by supporters letting the Club know that we wanted representation.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2015, 05:31 AM
That was a good read, the passion and understanding you show really comes through. :top marks

ronaldo7
07-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Hi,

GGTTH

Amit

Hi Amit,

Can you tell me what's happening with the Community foundation kids games. I heard that they'd been refused entry into the League because local clubs had been unhappy and thought that Hibs would "dyson" up all the decent kids.

I know the 2008 group has four teams training on Tuesday's and Thursday's but are struggling for games on a week end, and so are playing amongst themselves.

Cheers.

dangermouse
07-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Hi Amit,

It was me you sat beside on the bus to Dumbarton. For everyone else's benefit, Amit is very passionate about Hibs and if you ever get the chance to speak to him you can't help but feel good about the club, even if we get beaten on the opening day of the season :greengrin

Amit
07-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Hi Amit,

Can you tell me what's happening with the Community foundation kids games. I heard that they'd been refused entry into the League because local clubs had been unhappy and thought that Hibs would "dyson" up all the decent kids.

I know the 2008 group has four teams training on Tuesday's and Thursday's but are struggling for games on a week end, and so are playing amongst themselves.

Cheers.

I'll check this out. The Hibernian Community Foundation are probably best placed to answer this one though given the team's fall under their remit. I'll get back to you on this [emoji106]

Amit
07-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Hi Amit,

It was me you sat beside on the bus to Dumbarton. For everyone else's benefit, Amit is very passionate about Hibs and if you ever get the chance to speak to him you can't help but feel good about the club, even if we get beaten on the opening day of the season :greengrin

It was great catching up that day [emoji106]

lyonhibs
07-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Is there an abriged version of that interview available anywhere? :greengrin

Peevemor
07-09-2015, 08:13 AM

:tee hee:

Amit
07-09-2015, 08:28 AM

We were thinking of it being a multi-series documentary! Too much to say!

[emoji106]

Congruence
07-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks for putting this up

Ozyhibby
07-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Very good interview. Seems to have a good understanding of the fans.
Good to hear that he understands why some fans are staying away and that the onus remains with the club to get them back rather than blame the fans as many on here and also Frank did in his interview.
Much happier with this type of fan representation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
07-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Good to hear what Amit has to say. Was convinced at election time that he understood fans like me.👍

hibeerealist
07-09-2015, 11:54 AM
[
Amit can I PM you re Scouting?

Or you PM me and I will reply with info, not familiar with the PM system?

QUOTE=Amit;4461073]Hi,

GGTTH

Amit[/QUOTE]

Iain G
07-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Very good interview. Seems to have a good understanding of the fans.
Good to hear that he understands why some fans are staying away and that the onus remains with the club to get them back rather than blame the fans as many on here and also Frank did in his interview.
Much happier with this type of fan representation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the onus sits somewhere between the club and the fans who are not attending.

The club has to make it attractive to the fans through product on the pitch, matchday experience, sense of things moving forward positively and value for money as every £ in the pocket has to be accounted for. The fans need to take a small leap of faith, as Frank said put whats in the past behind them, and give Hibs another chance.

Amit said, you need to fall back in love with the club again, Hibs are holding out their hand and holding up (most of!) their end of the deal, time to grab that hand and run with it and enjoy the ups and downs and highs and lows of supporting our football team again. :agree:

hibeerealist
07-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Amit

Message cannot go as your inbox I full

We were thinking of it being a multi-series documentary! Too much to say!

[emoji106]

Edina Erin
07-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Hi Amit,

Cheers.

You have a PM ;-)

Amit
07-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Amit

Message cannot go as your inbox I full

Try now [emoji106]

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Enjoyed reading that .. keep up the good work Amit http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

ronaldo7
07-09-2015, 05:34 PM
I'll check this out. The Hibernian Community Foundation are probably best placed to answer this one though given the team's fall under their remit. I'll get back to you on this [emoji106]

Hi Amit,

I've got the answers on this one due to someone seeing my post on here. No need to do any further digging, but thanks for the offer anyway.:aok:

Pretty Boy
07-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Excellent read.

I was lucky enough to listen to Amit when he was on our bus at Dumbarton, I didn't say much on the way back because I was in the huff!

His passion for Hibs shone through and it was obvious the defeat was hurting him as much as us and I liked that. It's good to see a young, fresh face on the board who seems to really understand the fans.

PISTOL1875
07-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Guys like Amit are exactly what the club needs and not the prehistoric views of Frank Dougan.. He is merely on the board as a fans rep because he got the token vote and being the only person the vast majority people actually knew... I have no doubt Frank is a passionate Hibby but he is everything what's wrong with Scottish football... A bunch of old codgers who are along for a jolly and to enhance their own reputation....

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Guys like Amit are exactly what the club needs and not the prehistoric views of Frank Dougan.. He is merely on the board as a fans rep because he got the token vote and being the only person the vast majority people actually knew... I have no doubt Frank is a passionate Hibby but he is everything what's wrong with Scottish football... A bunch of old codgers who are along for a jolly and to enhance their own reputation....

Token vote? He romped it.....

Iain G
07-09-2015, 06:13 PM

Wee bit unfair there, did you read his interview? We need a diversity of representation and there are as many old codgers who support that club as younger folks, Frank and Amit provide a good balance for fan representation :agree:

PISTOL1875
07-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Token vote? He romped it.....

Yeh exactly. The vast majority of the people running were complete strangers to a lot of Hibs fans...

PISTOL1875
07-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Wee bit unfair there, did you read his interview? We need a diversity of representation and there are as many old codgers who support that club as younger folks, Frank and Amit provide a good balance for fan representation :agree:

We need younger guys with new fresh ideas and not guys who have been around for 40 odd years looking for their 15 minutes of fame...

Pretty Boy
07-09-2015, 06:25 PM
We need younger guys with new fresh ideas and not guys who have been around for 40 odd years looking for their 15 minutes of fame...

Bit harsh.

FD may not be everyone's cup of tea but I don't doubt he's in this for all the right reasons and not the 'fame'. I dare say the fame that goes with being a Hibs director isn't always welcome anyway.

PISTOL1875
07-09-2015, 06:37 PM
]Bit harsh.[/B]

FD may not be everyone's cup of tea but I don't doubt he's in this for all the right reasons and not the 'fame'. I dare say the fame that goes with being a Hibs director isn't always welcome anyway.

Far from it..Our game is full of dinosaurs who get their feet under the table and when it comes to change they have no intention of giving that right up..

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Yeh exactly. The vast majority of the people running were complete strangers to a lot of Hibs fans...

That's not FD's fault.......I tell you one thing, he won't be a patsy, and will argue our corner.....

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Bit harsh.

I think 15 minutes of fame was the last reason for applying.....After many Years shouting at the Board, maybe the strategy of seeing WTF was going on was needed......

Brightside
07-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Qn for Amit...once the Scouting has taken place at youth level. How do you ensure that Hibs can keep the best Coaches involved to ensure they improve as required. I believe funding is almost zero for coaching and due to this its more Fans helping out than ensuring we get the best possible coaches for players at this important age.

Bostonhibby
07-09-2015, 06:50 PM
That's not FD's fault.......I tell you one thing, he won't be a patsy, and will argue our corner.....

:agree: I didn't vote for Frank but a great many did because they wanted a fan on the board, and I don't think there is any doubt that he ticks the box off for being one of the ultimate Hibs fans and will hopefully remain outspoken enough to do just that, argue all the fans corners - its a broad church of different commitments for different reasons but I am pretty sure that there are still many amongst the group who attend less or aren't happy clappers who still actively support the club in other ways. I think its unfair to criticise fans simply because they haven't renewed season tickets. I stopped mines in 1986 but have spent more than the value of one on Hibs every season since...................

Forza Fred
07-09-2015, 08:46 PM
:agree: I didn't vote for Frank but a great many did because they wanted a fan on the board, and I don't think there is any doubt that he ticks the box off for being one of the ultimate Hibs fans and will hopefully remain outspoken enough to do just that, argue all the fans corners - its a broad church of different commitments for different reasons but I am pretty sure that there are still many amongst the group who attend less or aren't happy clappers who still actively support the club in other ways. I think its unfair to criticise fans simply because they haven't renewed season tickets. I stopped mines in 1986 but have spent more than the value of one on Hibs every season since...................

I may not always agree with Mr Dougan, but if there was ONE person I wanted as a Fans rep it was him, as I know that he will genuinely act in what he thinks are the best interests of Hibernian F C.

I don't know anybody who is right one hundred per cent of the time - other than the wife of course- but I would never doubt his commitment to the cause.

FranckSuzy
07-09-2015, 09:00 PM

Sorry Pete, but I reckon you're way off the mark there. I would very much doubt Big Frank has been going home and away, U20s games, the whole shebang, just for the chance of maybe becoming a fans rep. It is a pretty new idea also so wouldn't have even been in the equation for him to consider.

Like him or loathe him, he bleeds green and white and isn't afraid to state his opinion :wink:

Amit
07-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Qn for Amit...once the Scouting has taken place at youth level. How do you ensure that Hibs can keep the best Coaches involved to ensure they improve as required. I believe funding is almost zero for coaching and due to this its more Fans helping out than ensuring we get the best possible coaches for players at this important age.

Hey!

You are right in that coaching it An important element of the process. I believe we have the best coaches (paid or not) doing the job. Eddie May provides oversight and is an impressive individual. He expects best practice from any individual involved in the process.

An absolute asset to the club. I've learnt a lot from him.

Cheers,

Amit

GGTTH

Brightside
08-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Hey!

You are right in that coaching it An important element of the process. I believe we have the best coaches (paid or not) doing the job. Eddie May provides oversight and is an impressive individual. He expects best practice from any individual involved in the process.

An absolute asset to the club. I've learnt a lot from him.

Cheers,

Amit

GGTTH

Thanks Amit

I have a huge amount of time for Eddie. But I don't for a second think we have the best coaches at youth level. If we really want to be producing talent from a young age the coaches are the main investment. When they are basically doing it for bus fares we are never going to have the best. I don't think this is just a Hibs issue btw its a problem across the majority of Scottish football.

Amit
08-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks Amit

I have a huge amount of time for Eddie. But I don't for a second think we have the best coaches at youth level. If we really want to be producing talent from a young age the coaches are the main investment. When they are basically doing it for bus fares we are never going to have the best. I don't think this is just a Hibs issue btw its a problem across the majority of Scottish football.

Agreed [emoji106]

lyonhibs
08-09-2015, 08:47 AM

You're having a nightmare here................

hibeerealist
08-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Hi Amit

Did you get my PM?

Hi,

GGTTH

Amit

Amit
08-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi Amit

Did you get my PM?

Indeed. I did reply [emoji106]

I'm on the case. [emoji106]

PISTOL1875
08-09-2015, 05:02 PM
You're having a nightmare here................

In what capacity ???

PISTOL1875
08-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Sorry Pete, but I reckon you're way off the mark there. I would very much doubt Big Frank has been going home and away, U20s games, the whole shebang, just for the chance of maybe becoming a fans rep. It is a pretty new idea also so wouldn't have even been in the equation for him to consider.

Like him or loathe him, he bleeds green and white and isn't afraid to state his opinion :wink:

i don't deny his passion for the role Suzy but we need younger guys to fill these positions , not guys who have been over the course for god knows how long.. I fully understand what you are saying but he's just not the right man in my eyes...

Kojock
08-09-2015, 05:10 PM
i don't deny his passion for the role Suzy but we need younger guys to fill these positions , not guys who have been over the course for god knows how long.. I fully understand what you are saying but he's just not the right man in my eyes...

Why do we need younger guys? He might not be the right man in your eyes but he was voted in by a landslide. If you feel so strongly about it why don't you stand for election next year.

PatHead
08-09-2015, 05:17 PM

At what age do you stop being younger?

ancient hibee
08-09-2015, 05:42 PM

When i was young I was amazed at how stupid some of the old guys were.As I got older I was pleased at how much more intelligent they had become.

Forza Fred
09-09-2015, 05:42 AM

The problem with youth, is generally it is wasted on the young.

Said by a wiser, possibly younger man than I.