PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: KENNY WAUGH SNR

RSS Bot
06-09-2015, 05:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5681)

brog
06-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Sad news, without Kenny we may not have our club now.

Bostonhibby
06-09-2015, 06:06 PM

:agree: Sad news, he certainly did step up for Hibs in those dark days, Condolences to his family. RIP Kenny.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Am I right in thinking Kenny tried to buy Hearts around about the same time as Mercer?

Don't know much about his time at Hibs as it was before my time but sad news for his family and friends.

Frazerbob
06-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Am I right in thinking Kenny tried to buy Hearts around about the same time as Mercer?

Don't know much about his time at Hibs as it was before my time but sad news for his family and friends.

You are correct, he did.

Sad news. He was a good friend of my Dad's when I was growing up. Great memories playing in his pool and on his snooker table. I thought it was massive! His dog was also the father to ours. A cracking big Standard Poodle. Thoughts are with Kenneth Jr and the family.

trev the hat
06-09-2015, 06:46 PM
RIP Kenny,
Done a bit work for Kenny over the years & sad to hear this news.
Condolences to all family & friends

Sergey
06-09-2015, 06:55 PM

:agree:

He had a close working relationship with my late grandfather (as did Pilmar Smith, ex-Yam Director) and I met him numerous times when I was a boy.

Sorry to hear of his passing and I wish his immediate family all the best.

MrSmith
06-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Known Kenny all my life, my thoughts are with family at this sad time.

jacomo
06-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Sincere condolences to the family.

A significant figure in the history of our club. Will read the obits with interest.

PatHead
07-09-2015, 11:59 AM
RIP Kenny

Thanks for your part in looking after and saving our club

BH Hibs
07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
RIP Kenny condolences to the family

southsider
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Mr Waugh and my father were good friends and stayed in touch for many, many years after attending school, Jimmy Clark's together. I think he was from Buccleugh St. I got to know him pretty well through my dad. When he as Chairman we had been away at Ibrox, under Bertie Auld, in the final game of the old league cup sections with no chance of going though. Auld played 11 men behind the ball and score was 0-0. I bumped into Mr Waugh at Powderhall that evening and he was shocked to learn that i did not go. "Auld is a nightmare who only tries not to loose. It's brutal stuff." I told him. Many others thought the same. Auld was sacked on the Monday. Pat, big Stewarty and Rourky took over and brought through some fine youngsters. Mr Waugh had been in a hospice for a while and the news of his passing brings sadness. RIP sir, a fine Hibs man.