PDA

View Full Version : Danny Swanson

GGTTH07
05-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I know he's a name mentioned all the time so Tin hat on! Seriously though, Always wanted to see this guy at Hibs. Free agent now too...

IanM
05-09-2015, 02:38 PM
22 goals in 10 seasons for an attacking midfielder is just horrific.

That's all I really know. Just the stats but unless he. An cover at left back :)

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Been hearing Stubbs wants a look at him. Anyone else heard the same?

3pm
05-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Only if you can count the last 9 transfer windows! :o)

SteveHFC
05-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Do we really need another midfielder?

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Do we really need another midfielder?

My thoughts exactly Steve.

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Only if you can count the last 9 transfer windows! :o)

😄 good point.

Ronniekirk
05-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Tony Mowbry said he needed to work on his fitness and if he had kept him it would of been as impact player off the bench ,but hinted he doesn't track back and tackle hard win headers etc ,so a luxury ,as he wants to nutmeg players flick the ball up and score great goals .if he isn't getting picked up by anyone then who knows Stubbs may feel he could get the best out him and give him a short term contract to see what he can do ,but tend to think if we are giving Feruz and Anier oppertunities then would be hard to see us brining in another player Bit you never know he might relish playing for the Club he supports and get a new lease of life

Diclonius
05-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Is he a winger? We could do with another one.

Franck Stanton
05-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Rumoured to be going back th St Johnstone, however, would welcome him to us in a heartbeat, good, steady player imo. Hope it happens.

hibees 7062
05-09-2015, 03:27 PM

Petrie was the problem before he went south . The deal was done

H18S NX
05-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Nah,don't really need him imo.

Centre Hawf
05-09-2015, 04:54 PM
I feel like he's one of these players that will come to Hibs at some point. At 28 though I hope it's sooner rather than later. But right now for this season, we don't particularly need another midfielder.

keep the faith
05-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Not needed at this point.

Matty_Jack04
05-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Think we could do with someone like Danny he gives us something different he's quick and direct we lack
That IMO good player to have in the squad

SquashedFrogg
05-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Think we could do with someone like Danny he gives us something different he's quick and direct we lack
That IMO good player to have in the squad

We should always be looking at players. Even when we think we have enough. If anyone will improve us we should always consider.

From what I remember he impressed me. I haven't followed his career so not going to pretend I know him inside out but he's certainly worth a look.

CMac1988
05-09-2015, 06:58 PM
We should always be looking at players. Even when we think we have enough. If anyone will improve us we should always consider.

From what I remember he impressed me. I haven't followed his career so not going to pretend I know him inside out but he's certainly worth a look.

This.

We may be a bit heavy in midfield but we should never shy from a player who would improve us. Nothing wrong with having a look imo.

SquashedFrogg
05-09-2015, 07:05 PM
This.

We may be a bit heavy in midfield but we should never shy from a player who would improve us. Nothing wrong with having a look imo.

:agree: Always keep looking at players. It's funny how people who say they aren't happy then say it's not what we need? :confused:

anon1875
05-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Say what you want about Danny but his ability speaks for it's self. Seen him score a few worldies at easter road against us as well which was hard to take. Here's a wee video of what he can do when fit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_tqV8_jkY

kevinc
05-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Say what you want about Danny but his ability speaks for it's self. Seen him score a few worldies at easter road against us as well which was hard to take. Here's a wee video of what he can do when fit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_tqV8_jkY

Really? He only scored 12 goals for DU and 4 for St Johnstone in 5 years, I can't remember any world lies at ER.

andrew70
05-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Really? He only scored 12 goals for DU and 4 for St Johnstone in 5 years, I can't remember any world lies at ER.

Not saying he does it frequently or anything like that but Danny defo scored one "worldie" against us for United. He celebrated like crazy too - irked me only coz as a Hibs fan I'd find it horrendous just playing against us never mind scoring against and beating us.

kevinc
05-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Not saying he does it frequently or anything like that but Danny defo scored one "worldie" against us for United. He celebrated like crazy too - irked me only coz as a Hibs fan I'd find it horrendous just playing against us never mind scoring against and beating us.

I have only ever seen Danny score once against us , it was a midweek game and he he scored an excellent free-kick early in the game, United horsed us 4-2 to consolidate their position above us. A few worldies is miles off and DS would not improve us.

cloudy
05-09-2015, 10:00 PM
I know he's a name mentioned all the time so Tin hat on! Seriously though, Always wanted to see this guy at Hibs. Free agent now too...

Can he play left wingback?

andrew70
05-09-2015, 10:33 PM
I have only ever seen Danny score once against us , it was a midweek game and he he scored an excellent free-kick early in the game, United horsed us 4-2 to consolidate their position above us. A few worldies is miles off and DS would not improve us.

May well have been that game actually although I seem to remember a strike where he was allowed to advance forward before smashing one in the top bag. Memory may just be playing tricks.

FWIW I don't think he'd improve us either.

gegs70
05-09-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm sure he had plenty of assists in helping create goals!! As much as I would love to have seen Danny Swanson play for hibs I think we have a number of midfielders? I'm sure I heard St Johnstone were interested?

GGTTH07
06-09-2015, 12:13 AM
I'd take him for sure, purely on the basis we are crying out for a winger. And on his game he's a bloody good one at that!

Centre Hawf
06-09-2015, 01:36 PM

Watch that video after about 2 minutes you'll see a belter curled into the top corner.

Greenblood70
06-09-2015, 02:03 PM
I don't think we would use Swanson any differently to the way Mowbray described for Coventry (ie. impact sub). He doesn't sound fit, is 28 and has never really knuckled down and achieved for all his ability.

I'm pretty happy with our squad as is, there's a couple of areas we could improve on but generally we look pretty decent. Not sure a move to us for Swanson would suit either party. Sounds like he's looking for first team football and I'm not sure we'd be offering that.

eastmainsmsh
06-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Be a very good addition if we are interested

Heisenberg
06-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Going for a trial at Hearts....

CorrieHibs
06-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Going for a trial at Hearts....

Thought hearts would go for him. Potter rates him highly.

J-C
06-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Can he play left wingback?

:rolleyes:

HibbyKeith
08-09-2015, 10:52 AM
EEN today saying he's on trial and was training with hearts yesterday.

jdships
08-09-2015, 11:12 AM
To be fair the lad has done well being bborn with a heart defect, Swanson underwent a number of operations as a youngster, including a heart bypass at the age of thirteen.
Now close to his 30th birthday don't think he is an improvement on what we already have in midfield
:greengrin

Jim44
08-09-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't think we should be trying to add players to any positions except left fullback. Another David Murphy would be ideal, but getting somebody of that quality might be out of the question. We don't however want a makeshift, gapstopping left back.

Matty_Jack04
08-09-2015, 11:23 AM
To be fair the lad has done well being bborn with a heart defect, Swanson underwent a number of operations as a youngster, including a heart bypass at the age of thirteen.
Now close to his 30th birthday don't think he is an improvement on what we already have in midfield
:greengrin

the fact he offers width is an improvement on what we currently have, i hope we sign him

calumhibee1
08-09-2015, 12:58 PM
May well have been that game actually although I seem to remember a strike where he was allowed to advance forward before smashing one in the top bag. Memory may just be playing tricks.

FWIW I don't think he'd improve us either.

I think I remember this one aswell.

ancient hibee
08-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Mowbray has made it clear that his fitness and lack of application is the problem.No thanks.

Leith Green
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Im pretty good pals with Dannys brother, anyone who thinks he wouldnt improve our squad is kidding themselves on. He is an excellent creative player, who has pace and most importantly commits defenders, something we sadly lack and have lacked out wide for ages. Levein and neilson are no mugs when it comes to signing players either and its just a shame if he ends up in maroon.

erin go bragh
08-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Would love them to offer Danny a contract . Only for him to tell them to ram it . Then sign for us .
Fwiw I'd love to see Danny playing for us .

GGTTH

BSEJVT
09-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Mowbray has made it clear that his fitness and lack of application is the problem.No thanks.

Danny can be as talented as he wants but I have had enough of guys with the quoted issues using our club as a meal ticket.

Steve20
09-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Im pretty good pals with Dannys brother, anyone who thinks he wouldnt improve our squad is kidding themselves on. He is an excellent creative player, who has pace and most importantly commits defenders, something we sadly lack and have lacked out wide for ages. Levein and neilson are no mugs when it comes to signing players either and its just a shame if he ends up in maroon.

Why are they kidding themselves on? Because he's been such a great player before now? He's an alright player at best and I honestly don't think he'd make our starting lineup.

Since90+2
09-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Why are they kidding themselves on? Because he's been such a great player before now? He's an alright player at best and I honestly don't think he'd make our starting lineup.

Agreed.

Totally overated and at 28 he is not exactly going to get better.

Unseen work
09-09-2015, 09:35 AM
A couple of years ago i would of been buzzing with this.

I would take him as i think he would be a good player to have as he is really creative and would help us break team downs. He isnt particulary fast however he is technically very good. If we could afford it comfortably it would be a good deal.

He has been on trial with hearts though and impressed neilson.

chrisski33
09-09-2015, 10:09 AM

Maybe he wouldnt but how good is our current squad really? They seem to crumble when it matters tbh

bigwheel
09-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Maybe he wouldnt but how good is our current squad really? They seem to crumble when it matters tbh

Eh ? The current squad has only been completed at the end of the transfer window ...lets at least give them time to perform or fail , before we castigate them

Posh Swanny
09-09-2015, 10:29 AM
I was buzzing when Posh signed him the other year having witnessing some of his early displays at Dundee Utd and raved about him to all who would listen.

Unfortunately it didn't work out well as he never really got fit, despite a few decent runs in the team. He was also VERY easily brushed off the ball by even the most average of defenders. There was the odd flash of brilliance, which thankfully saved me from total ridicule from my Posh pals - they could see he obviously had talent but that something has gone awry in his career at some point. Not sure whether it's psychological or physical.

That said, if anyone could get him firing again it's probably that ****** Levein. 50 seconds into this video shows what he COULD do when it went right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1OzKwLKjGg. Not to mention that goal for St Johnstone at Celtic the other year.

scoopyboy
09-09-2015, 10:43 AM

The current squad haven't even played a game together yet!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Leith Green
09-09-2015, 01:45 PM

Okay, so who in our current squad is better at commiting defenders and creating chances from out wide? Seems to me our current squad is excellent but top heavy in the central areas but not so good out wide. We are crying out for someone out wide with pace and who will create chances, i really dont know who it is we already have that you think is that good??

Leith Green
09-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Agreed.

Totally overated and at 28 he is not exactly going to get better.

Better than what though exactly? He was immense and a key player in 2009/2011 when united were regularly finishing top 3 and won the scottish cup, he has been overlooked at his clubs since then and injured quite a bit. If a team take him anywhere near the level he was at when at united they would have a quality player on their hands.

S4uzee
09-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Better than what though exactly? He was immense and a key player in 2009/2011 when united were regularly finishing top 3 and won the scottish cup, he has been overlooked at his clubs since then and injured quite a bit. If a team take him anywhere near the level he was at when at united they would have a quality player on their hands.

I agree. He's someone that I've always wanted to play for Hibs. I would personally take him over Carmichael

Franck Stanton
09-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Think our midfield need "balance" as much as anything. We have some very good midfield players but when it comes to left side [wide], think we struggle. Danny Swanson would certainly do that job very well. Be mad not to sign him if we have the chance to do so.

BSEJVT
09-09-2015, 04:15 PM

There is a reason why he has been overlooked and that reason is most likely Danny Swanson himself.

The world isn't exactly full of players who arrested their fall down the slippery slope to oblivion.

Having said that Stubbs seems to have had some success with Allan and has another few works in progress in the current team, albeit they are a good bit younger than Danny Swanson

Its not where I would be looking to strengthen (LB for me) but as I am a bit nonplussed as to what position Danny Carmichael has been recruited for as I thought we were crying out for a left winger, if Stubbs thinks he is worth a wage, he will have my support.

hibee92
09-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Signed for Hearts

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Signed for Hearts

His form has dropped so hopefully he keeps it up. I'm glad we never went for him!

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Never a hibee after signing for them

Let's be honest, if you are born in Edinburgh and had a small kid and looking to settle back here and the club you supported didn't offer you anything but hearts did would you turn it down?

I know I wouldn't, it's a job and I would want to play so can't blame him at all. When he leaves I bet he still attends Hibs games over that mob.

DAVE1875
09-09-2015, 04:42 PM
All the best to him at Them. Find Hibs fans giving Danny abuse because he's signed for Hearts ironic since we've defended Keatings signing for us (although he came from them... not sure who he supports tbh)

At the end of the day the guy has a career to uphold and a family to feed so good luck to him

Kato
09-09-2015, 04:45 PM
so good luck to him

...aye, except results wise.

Billychaotic182
09-09-2015, 04:55 PM
His dad will be pleased....

TheHarpy76
09-09-2015, 05:00 PM

If I was out of work and had a young family to support then I really wouldn't be giving a toss whether my dad was happy or not.

lugz
09-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Just like anything else to do with hearts he is now completely irrelevant.

TheHarpy76
09-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Just like anything else to do with hearts he is now completely irrelevant.

Nailed it

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Let's be honest, if you are born in Edinburgh and had a small kid and looking to settle back here and the club you supported didn't offer you anything but hearts did would you turn it down?

I know I wouldn't, it's a job and I would want to play so can't blame him at all. When he leaves I bet he still attends Hibs games over that mob.
Is he that big a Hibby? Genuine question, not being fececious.

3pm
09-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Probably the prospect of Champions League fitba. Must have been hard to turn down.

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 05:18 PM

I was in Asda when we played Falkirk 4-3 game and he was there with his Hibs top on with his name on the back. I said to him "maybe play for us one day Danny?" To which he replied "If only, I'd love to play for Hibs."

So I'd say he's as much a Hibby as the next. Fans think differently to a player. A player sees things as a job, where we think how can anyone who supports Hibs play for them. A jobs a jobs and let's be honest, Hearts have a good set up just now so I can see why he'd go there instead of St Johnstone.

givescotlandfreedom
09-09-2015, 05:19 PM
A pretty decent player last time I saw him a couple of years back though I think he managed to get himself stupid lent off against us too.

Leith Green
09-09-2015, 05:46 PM

I think he will be delighted fir his laddie.. Would fully expect him to be at every Hearts match that Danny plays. He is as big a hibby as anyone but its a short career and he will want the best for Danny. They will be Hibs fans as long as they live, wouldnt ever doubt that.

hibees 7062
09-09-2015, 06:42 PM

Huge Hibby Sean as are the whole family :agree:

hibees 7062
09-09-2015, 06:43 PM
I think he will be delighted fir his laddie.. Would fully expect him to be at every Hearts match that Danny plays. He is as big a hibby as anyone but its a short career and he will want the best for Danny. They will be Hibs fans as long as they live, wouldnt ever doubt that.

His dad has always said Danny will never play for Hibs

anon1875
09-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Honestly can't believe Danny has missed out on the chance to play for Hibs. Ever since the day he signed for Dundee United I always hoped that it would happen but obviously it's not meant to be. He would of slotted in well where Allan used to play as well.

KWJ
09-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Watched that video earlier in the thread and you can see how big a fan of him Craig Levein is, woulda had him in the Scotland squad.

Bostonhibby
09-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Watched that video earlier in the thread and you can see how big a fan of him Craig Levein is, woulda had him in the Scotland squad.

Not as a forward he wouldn't:wink: 4-6-0.

If the feelings mutual he should join the yam.

Meant to add, we often debate the merits of the lower leagues in England as against Scotland, and unfortunately he didn't do a lot at Peterborough over a reasonable period of time.

.Sean.
09-09-2015, 08:02 PM
His dad has always said Danny will never play for Hibswhy???

jdships
09-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Given his fitness problems with every club he has played for would think this is his " last chance saloon "
Shame that his obvious talent has not been fulfilled :rolleyes:

Billychaotic182
09-09-2015, 08:12 PM
I remember reading on here years ago that Swanson was offered to us and hibs said no as he was to small. Ever since then he has had a chip on his shoulder about us. May explain why some say his dad said he'd never play for us. Who knows just something I remember reading on here.

SteveHFC
09-09-2015, 08:33 PM

I would happily sign for Hearts if that was me.

green day
09-09-2015, 09:01 PM
I would happily sign for Hearts if that was me.

I would rather lie in my own sheite than sign for them - if its all the same to you!

bigwheel
09-09-2015, 09:12 PM
I would rather lie in my own sheite than sign for them - if its all the same to you!

That's because you're a fan not a footballer. If it was the way you paid your mortgage and supported your family I suspect you would have a different view, if it was the only offer you had on the table. Football, when it becomes a job, creates different emotions than for us fans....they are going to work, not just to play.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Yes.

Thecat23
09-09-2015, 09:28 PM
That's because you're a fan not a footballer. If it was the way you paid your mortgage and supported your family I suspect you would have a different view, if it was the only offer you had on the table. Football, when it becomes a job, creates different emotions than for us fans....they are going to work, not just to play.

Well put. 👍🏼

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Meh, not too fussed either way. Think we've got far better midfielders at the mo and not sure he'd be near a start. 3/4 years ago I would have snapped your hand off for him but I don't think so now.
Saying that, because he's gone there he will no doubt be amazing and score against us if the opportunity arises [emoji57]

Billy Whizz
09-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Deek or Danny?
No contest

IWasThere2016
10-09-2015, 04:12 AM
Huge Hibby Sean as are the whole family :agree:

Yup. Sat with his mum and gran in the West when we played the Arabs a few seasons back - both had Hibs scarves on and, while they wanted Danny to do well, they wanted Hibs to win!

I've spoken to him a few times as he stayed near me when he was at the Arabs and the chat was always about the Hibs. As has been said, he will attend ER when his career is over - he's done so all his days.

Turkish Green
10-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Yup. Sat with his mum and gran in the West when we played the Arabs a few seasons back - both had Hibs scarves on and, while they wanted Danny to do well, they wanted Hibs to win!

I've spoken to him a few times as he stayed near me when he was at the Arabs and the chat was always about the Hibs. As has been said, he will attend ER when his career is over - he's done so all his days.

It would appear that Swanson is doing a Thomas Gravesen; who claimed his father was a long time Celtic supporter when he signed for them.

According to Banderson in the EEN: One member of Swanson’s family, his late grandfather, was a season ticket holder at Tynecastle for more than 30 years. “I’m sure he’ll be looking down very proud. He’s my mum’s dad and my mum’s side are all Jambos."

A good signing for them, nevertheless.

flash
10-09-2015, 11:00 AM

A wonderfully patronising putdown but, regardless of that, he has signed for the Hertz so he can ram it.

green day
10-09-2015, 12:08 PM
A wonderfully patronising putdown but, regardless of that, he has signed for the Hertz so he can ram it.

Yes, I ignored it.

Last word from me on this "fan or footballer" question - can we take a guess at the answer if derek riordan was offered a contract with hearts??

erin go bragh
10-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Just looks so wrong seeing a Hibby wearing that horrible pink top . I wish him nothing but failure with that mob .

GGTTH

calumhibee1
10-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Would people on here genuinely turn down the chance to play professional football just because it's Hearts? I've had a season ticket all my days at Easter Road, but if Hearts offered me a contract today, even on about £250 a week I'd quit my job right now and sign.

dp00
10-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Regardless who he supports the lad has a wife and a young baby to feed, someone needs to pay the bills , good luck to him personally , hearts can ram it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
10-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Would people on here genuinely turn down the chance to play professional football just because it's Hearts? I've had a season ticket all my days at Easter Road, but if Hearts offered me a contract today, even on about £250 a week I'd quit my job right now and sign.

Oh aye, I would do it for free.........................but only if they allowed me to play in goal in a derby game, then I would wait til all subs had been used and throw 10 consecutive goals in the back of their net. :greengrin:greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Would people on here genuinely turn down the chance to play professional football just because it's Hearts?

Yes.

Sylar
10-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Yes.

What an incredibly small mentality...think of all the o.g's, red cards and shame you could bring on the club before they managed to terminate your contract again?! :greengrin

BSEJVT
10-09-2015, 01:02 PM
I used to coach youth football and was asked to go and coach with them.

I declined point blank, they wanted my son to go and train with them he also declined point blank.

I appreciate that its different if its your living and that you cant always get to play for your own team, but there are plenty of other teams out there without getting involved with the enemy.

Iggy Pope
10-09-2015, 02:05 PM
It's a crying shame we don't have a separate board for all the pros and wannabes on here to chat in depth about set ups they have no clue about at clubs they have no allegiance to, allowing the rest to spraff ***** and pour scorn, in a time honoured fashion, around a hopefully disastrous signing by the Sparryheids.

And I'd rather stick pins in my boaby than play for them. Fact.

WellingtonHibby
10-09-2015, 06:08 PM
I was in Asda when we played Falkirk 4-3 game and he was there with his Hibs top on with his name on the back. I said to him "maybe play for us one day Danny?" To which he replied "If only, I'd love to play for Hibs."

So I'd say he's as much a Hibby as the next. Fans think differently to a player. A player sees things as a job, where we think how can anyone who supports Hibs play for them. A jobs a jobs and let's be honest, Hearts have a good set up just now so I can see why he'd go there instead of St Johnstone.

Why were you both in asda and not watching the game?

Eyrie
10-09-2015, 07:11 PM
What an incredibly small mentality...think of all the o.g's, red cards and shame you could bring on the club before they managed to terminate your contract again?! :greengrin

You do realise you're referring to a club that has no conception of what "shame" means?

Sir David Gray
10-09-2015, 07:18 PM

To be fair, considering their track record, I think I would need to go some before I could do anything that would bring any further shame on Hearts. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-09-2015, 08:16 PM
It would appear that Swanson is doing a Thomas Gravesen; who claimed his father was a long time Celtic supporter when he signed for them.

According to Banderson in the EEN: One member of Swanson’s family, his late grandfather, was a season ticket holder at Tynecastle for more than 30 years. “I’m sure he’ll be looking down very proud. He’s my mum’s dad and my mum’s side are all Jambos."

A good signing for them, nevertheless.

The implication being that allisbarry has suddenly moved from "reporting" as in what the yam request, to finally doing some journalism?

That'll be a no then

chrisski33
10-09-2015, 08:54 PM
According to bbc swanson says not to listen to rumours and that hes a hearts fan...... so fxck him

Thecat23
10-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Why were you both in asda and not watching the game?

I was sitting eating in the canteen area he was sat beside me. Was 2 hours before kick off. If you know hampden you will know the Asda right next to it.

green day
10-09-2015, 09:17 PM
I don't care that he has signed for them, he probably wants to play at a high level so fair dos.

What is very odd is the banderson and BBC stories though. These are actual quotes from a laddie we all know (and all Jambo's know) is a Hibs fan.

Why would he feel the need to make such a bell end of himself?

SteveHFC
10-09-2015, 09:19 PM
I was sitting eating in the canteen area he was sat beside me. Was 2 hours before kick off. If you know hampden you will know the Asda right next to it.

The car park at Asda took us over an hour on Monday to get out of.

Billychaotic182
10-09-2015, 09:21 PM
He is 110% a hibs fan. Can't understand why he would say he is a hearts fan. Scott Allan didn't come out with that sort of lie when he signed for Celtic

Billychaotic182
10-09-2015, 09:22 PM
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-winger-danny-swanson-9715631

Thecat23
10-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Yeah my nephew said it took ages!

3pm
10-09-2015, 09:37 PM
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-winger-danny-swanson-9715631

:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
10-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Not as if the BBC have the same resources to check this sort of thing out though.

chrisski33
10-09-2015, 09:49 PM

Yeah says he followed hibs as a boy when mowbray was manager so maybe says things to impress his employers. But why say hes a hearts fan if he is really a hibs fan??

Mcpakeisgod
10-09-2015, 09:59 PM
my bad

WellingtonHibby
11-09-2015, 04:22 AM

Sorry. I figured. I was being unnecessarily facetious.

IanM
11-09-2015, 04:28 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/news/danny-swanson-the-football-genius-missed-by-edinburgh-clubs-1-1255122

IanM
11-09-2015, 04:30 AM
Danny Swanson overcame a life-threatening heart defect to realise his dream and make it as a top-flight footballer.

THIRTEEN-year-old Danny Swanson had never been so excited.

ADVERTISING
Sitting in a hospital bed in the Sick Kids recovering from a heart operation, he suddenly caught sight of his heroes: Hibs stars Russell Latapy and Dirk Lehmann.

"Quick," he told his older brother John Paul, "help me get my Hibs top on".

allezsauzee
11-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Danny Swanson overcame a life-threatening heart defect to realise his dream and make it as a top-flight footballer.

THIRTEEN-year-old Danny Swanson had never been so excited.

ADVERTISING
Sitting in a hospital bed in the Sick Kids recovering from a heart operation, he suddenly caught sight of his heroes: Hibs stars Russell Latapy and Dirk Lehmann.

"Quick," he told his older brother John Paul, "help me get my Hibs top on".

Ha ha what a phanny

easty
11-09-2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/danny-swanson-hearts-are-also-in-my-blood-1-3883593

I cannae understand why he's doing it to be honest, my mums family are mostly Celtc supporters, with a couple of Hearts fans in there too. Never in a million years would I say that either of them are "in my blood"...just the thought of saying something like that gies me the dry boak.

I get that you want to win over the fans of your new club, but you dinnae have to pander to them to this level. It's quite pathetic actually.

Nutmegged
11-09-2015, 02:29 PM
So Swanson was 25, already a Pro Footballer but still had hos own name on the back of a replica top...Jeez he should have got slapped for that, I hope you left the bill on his tab TC :-)

JJP
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Wearing green boots tonight. Agent Swanson :)

Sir David Gray
11-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Sorry but no real Hibs fan would claim to be one of them, even in jest.

truehibernian
11-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Sorry but no real Hibs fan would claim to be one of them, even in jest.

Depends what the Hearts fan journalist Brian McLauchlin wants to write - I once watched him nearly mount David Templeton after a game giving it 'Temps, Temps, Temps' a la Alan Partridge car park scene........he's embarrassing :agree:

dunfyhibby
11-09-2015, 08:14 PM
He's gash anyway! Who would you swap him with in our midfield??

givescotlandfreedom
11-09-2015, 08:17 PM
The sad thing is that nobody would even really care if he is a Hibs fan there if be plays there. We've had numerous players like Whittaker and Cummings who grew up Hearts fans and they've had Lee Wallace and Blobbo as Hibees among many others. It's soon forgotten if they play well.

Since90+2
12-09-2015, 08:18 AM

When I first read this I thought it was nonsense, Danny was never a big football fan growing up so I would have found it hard to believe he was wearing a Hibs top , never mind with his name on the back.

Danny Swanson played , and scored, against Watford for Peterborough on the same day we played Falkirk in the 4-3 game.

Was it a coffee to go he was having while sitting there in his hibs gear?

Iggy Pope
12-09-2015, 07:36 PM
When I first read this I thought it was nonsense, Danny was never a big football fan growing up so I would have found it hard to believe he was wearing a Hibs top , never mind with his name on the back.

Danny Swanson played , and scored, against Watford for Peterborough on the same day we played Falkirk in the 4-3 game.

:top marks Look. He never said it was a fact. Mate, the boys just posting what he's been told. Might have happened, might never have happened. That's football.

Kaff
12-09-2015, 09:09 PM
:top marks Look. He never said it was a fact. Mate, the boys just posting what he's been told. Might have happened, might never have happened. That's football.
Very strange story to come out with, does affect the credibility of his info in future

tamig
12-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Very strange story to come out with, does affect the credibility of his info in future

Does Danny have a twin maybe?

Danderhall Hibs
12-09-2015, 09:25 PM

:agree: these things happen. He can only tell us what he knows.

Danderhall Hibs
12-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Does Danny have a twin maybe?

Either that a lookalike that pretends to be him.

hibs0666
12-09-2015, 09:26 PM
I don't know Swanson, but I do know that he is now a yam prick.

Brightside
12-09-2015, 09:28 PM
i don't give two ****s about the lad...but if people are trying to dig out cat they need to have a word to themselves.

Danderhall Hibs
12-09-2015, 09:29 PM
i don't give two ****s about the lad...but if people are trying to dig out cat they need to have a word to themselves.

He's just made some stuff up mate that's all. No digging out happening.

tamig
12-09-2015, 09:31 PM

When's Kenny signing?

*only kidding

3pm
12-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Get on the PM board. TheCat told us McGinn was signing before he even knew. You don't get more ITK than that.

Brightside
12-09-2015, 09:36 PM

he's made **** all up... but some random has come on and spend time trying to prove him wrong.

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 09:37 PM

I was positive it was Falkirk. Clearly wrong my apologies! But he was there with couple other folk young girl one of them.

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 09:39 PM

Trust me I made nothing up. It was one of our recent trips to Hampden Danny was sitting right next to my table. Many fans were speaking to him that day.

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 09:40 PM
When's Kenny signing?

*only kidding

😁

tamig
12-09-2015, 09:41 PM
😁

😊

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Trust me I made nothing up. It was one of our recent trips to Hampden Danny was sitting right next to my table. Many fans were speaking to him that day.

Been to Hampden a good few times in the last 3-4 years......Could have been any of them....:wink:

S4uzee
12-09-2015, 09:50 PM

I seen him at that cup final and he was wearing a Hibs top 😂

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Been to Hampden a good few times in the last 3-4 years......Could have been any of them....:wink:

We have indeed 😁

I wasn't at the Aberdeen semi so wasn't that! Honestly could have sworn it was Falkirk. Clearly wasn't but believe me, he was sat with couple others!

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
I seen him at that cup final and he was wearing a Hibs top 😂

Wait you winding me up as I was at that game but rather forget it 😩 maybe it was that? Someone check if he played that day 😂

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
We have indeed 

I wasn't at the Aberdeen semi so wasn't that! Honestly could have sworn it was Falkirk. Clearly wasn't but believe me, he was sat with couple others!

A Final maybe?

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 09:58 PM
A Final maybe?

Maybe, thing is I drive to Hampden and don't drink so I can't even use that as an excuse!

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:00 PM

Really? Because I got the opposition wrong? Some fans do make me laugh on here. 😂

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Maybe, thing is I drive to Hampden and don't drink so I can't even use that as an excuse!

Or old age either.......

Kaff
12-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Get on the PM board. TheCat told us McGinn was signing before he even knew. You don't get more ITK than that.

Don't worry I'm not particularly fussed, just found it a bit strange.
I take the itk stuff as I find it, some are right and some get a bit carried away but it would be a bit quiet without it overall.

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Or old age either.......

I'm only 37 I'll have you know, 😁 I'm still in my prime (cough)

S4uzee
12-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Wait you winding me up as I was at that game but rather forget it 😩 maybe it was that? Someone check if he played that day 😂

Not at the wind up, definitely him. Maybe got your games mixed up 😉

Kaff
12-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Really? Because I got the opposition wrong? Some fans do make me laugh on here. 😂

It is strange to state he was at Hampden when he was playing somewhere else, you stated the game you saw him at. Since then the details have changed so don't get too defensive about what I said

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 10:09 PM
I'm only 37 I'll have you know,  I'm still in my prime (cough)

Wish I was 37 again......:greengrin

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Not at the wind up, definitely him. Maybe got your games mixed up 😉

It will be that then. Glad someone else seen him, started to question my sanity! Although those who know me will argue that 😉

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:12 PM
It is strange to state he was at Hampden when he was playing somewhere else, you stated the game you saw him at. Since then the details have changed so don't get too defensive about what I said

Nothing strange about seeing him at all. Only thing was I got the opposition wrong, not that big a deal surely? Been to Hampden a few times recently as another poster said, I said Falkirk when it could have been Hearts or Celtic.

Believe me, if I wanted to lie about a story I'd make it a little more exciting than speaking to Danny Swanson in Asda 😂

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Nothing strange about seeing him at all. Only thing was I got the opposition wrong, not that big a deal surely? Been to Hampden a few times recently as another poster said, I said Falkirk when it could have been Hearts or Celtic.

Believe me, if I wanted to lie about a story I'd make it a little more exciting than speaking to Danny Swanson in Asda 

Waitrose:dunno:

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Waitrose:dunno:

😂😂

JohnM1875
12-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over this? If he does support Hibs like I and so many others were lead to believe then has come out with such ridiculous quotes like "Hearts are also in my blood" then forget about him! He's only kidding himself at the end of the day. He plays for them now. All I'm focused on is our promotion push. Of course his mates are going to defend him on here. It seems he's either being a fud or being misquoted. Either way it's done.

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over this? If he does support Hibs like I and so many others were lead to believe then has come out with such ridiculous quotes like "Hearts are also in my blood" then forget about him! He's only kidding himself at the end of the day. He plays for them now. All I'm focused on is our promotion push. Of course his mates are going to defend him on here. It seems he's either being a fud or being misquoted. Either way it's done.

Exactly, once he's finished playing there I bet he's back at ER watching Hibs when he can. (Or sitting in Asda before big games) 😉

Eyrie
12-09-2015, 10:46 PM
It will be that then. Glad someone else seen him, started to question my sanity! Although those who know me will argue that 

After 37 years of being a Hibs fan, how can you have any sanity left? :greengrin

Thecat23
12-09-2015, 10:50 PM
After 37 years of being a Hibs fan, how can you have any sanity left? :greengrin

That's a very valid point 😁

oconnors_strip
12-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Just seen a video of Swanson singing Justin bieber "baby" as his iniatation song. Don't give up the football :greengrin

https://Instagram.com/p/7dl3Vqj1adwOD-Kph9lOpCiCxqVFeDHAnMH6I0/

IberianHibernian
12-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Lots of stuff here about someone who is said to be a Hibby but failed in lower leagues in England . Don`t know if we ever really looked at him but he`s no Pele so doubt we`ll have problems.

givescotlandfreedom
13-09-2015, 02:12 AM
Looked over-weight and slow for Hearts.
Long may it last.

Simkin911
13-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Firstly I don't know TheCat23.

At the 'Edinburgh Final' there was a guy who looked like Swanson, wearing a Hibs top with Swanson on the back sitting very close to myself and my son.

I'd say it's unlikely it WASN'T him but I don't really care either way!

HappyHanlon
13-09-2015, 05:21 AM
Prefer McGinn, McGeouch, Stanton, Bartley, Feruz ahead of Swanson every day of the week.

GGTTH07
13-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Scroll down his Instagram 👍😂

Bostonhibby
13-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Looked over-weight and slow for Hearts.
Long may it last.

Thinking we've dodged a bullet.

Definitely a Hibby though, or at least he was one when he was at Peterborough United.