THE Rangers playing Raith
Dumbarton Vs Alloa
And livingston Vs Morton

Plus a bunch of games in league 1 in England and International as well👍👍😀😀😀😀👍👍

GGTTH
ASGWA

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 12:23 PM
I've been watching Welling United v Tranmere on BT Sport. 0-0 Half time.

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2015, 12:33 PM
League 1 southend 2 peterborough 0 after 70 mins

2-1 89 mins

silverhibee
05-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Newport 0 - York 1

Nevi_SOL
05-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Mcginn and Cummings start for Scotland u21's

Hibby_G
05-09-2015, 12:56 PM

Hopefully One of them gets a goal😀😀
GGTTH
ASGWA

Betty Boop
05-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Rangers 1-0 Wallace

Off the bar
05-09-2015, 02:12 PM
QoS 0-1 St Mirren

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-09-2015, 02:25 PM
McGinn captaining Scotland under 21's.

Off the bar
05-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Livi 0-1 Morton
QoS 0-2 St Mirren

Betty Boop
05-09-2015, 02:46 PM
2-0 Rangers Tavernier

Ronniekirk
05-09-2015, 02:56 PM
2-0 Rangers Tavernier

At this rate Wallace and Tavernier could be there top scorers

Spike Mandela
05-09-2015, 02:59 PM
9 points adrift and barely into September. dejā ****ing vu!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2015, 03:00 PM

Scotland won 2-1 after going behind to an early goal. Christie and Fraser scored.

brog
05-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Scotland won 2-1 after going behind to an early goal. Christie and Fraser scored.

JC had an assist for our first goal & apparently played well as did JMcG. Well done boys!

GlasgowHibee
05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
3-0 Rangers, Barry McKay.

GlasgowHibee
05-09-2015, 03:22 PM
4-0, Waghorn penalty - Rangers, penalty, at Ibrox? never. :rolleyes:

Betty Boop
05-09-2015, 03:23 PM
At this rate Wallace and Tavernier could be there top scorers
Yea 6 for Tavernier already. 4-0 now pen Waghorn. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
05-09-2015, 03:27 PM
5-0 Sevco, another penalty.

patch1875
05-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Early days but going to tough To finish above The Rangers.

GlasgowHibee
05-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Not being overly critical of Stubbs and co, but, why did we postpone today's game when we have signed so well during this transfer window? surely it's better to play and win with a weakened team, rather than go 9 points behind, albeit with a game in hand.

Psychologically, Rangers have already won the league.

HH81
05-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Not being overly critical of Stubbs and co, but, why did we postpone today's game when we have signed so well during this transfer window? surely it's better to play and win with a weakened team, rather than go 9 points behind, albeit with a game in hand.

I was thinking the same thing.

grunt
05-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Sickening listening to Sportsound pundits creaming themselves over The Rangers without acknowledging the fact that their budget is x times bigger than Raith.

Pete
05-09-2015, 03:33 PM

I'll start worrying when it's mathematically, not psychologically.

AL-Qaholik
05-09-2015, 03:33 PM

This.

Onceinawhile
05-09-2015, 03:35 PM
4 penalties in 2 games?

liamh2202

This ;)

7-Heaven
I take it Rob Maclean's a hun, almost creaming himself

Lago
05-09-2015, 03:36 PM
The way they have started and the goals scored you wont have to wait long.

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 03:36 PM
I've been watching the Huns game on Plex and they have been superb today. The speed they have played at has had Raith chasing shadows.

Jim44
05-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Early days but going to tough To finish above The Rangers.

They're not going to lose any games except possibly against us. Dominance against every other team, finishing strongly in second place will probably turn out to be our route back to the Premiership.

Pete
05-09-2015, 03:39 PM
The way they have started and the goals scored you wont have to wait long.

We win all our remaining games and we win the league. Have some faith! :-)

Let everyone think they have are already champions.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2015, 03:40 PM

Which has really become the Hibs way these days, wouldn't it be nice for once that the other teams were chasing us and teams were thinking they could mathematically still win the league if we had a slump?

I'm resigned now to seeing us in the play offs.

c31
05-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Unless we start humping the same teams by 5 or 6 as well week in and week out the I can't see us winning this league. They are full of confidence and we are still building a team, says it all really.

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2015, 03:42 PM
wrist slitters out in force on here today and we arent even playing....many of the usual suspects right enough

Jim44
05-09-2015, 03:42 PM
This.

Teams that have players running hard into the penalty box are always going to pick up penalties. At the moment we're not one of those teams.

ps. oops,wrong quote

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2015, 03:44 PM
wrist slitters out in force on here today and we arent even playing....many of the usual suspects right enough

Changed the sheets twice in the last 80 minutes.

Betty Boop
05-09-2015, 03:47 PM
:greengrin

Spike Mandela
05-09-2015, 03:49 PM

As long as we don't let them get more than 25 points ahead this season we still have a chance of winning the league.:cb

GreenCastle
05-09-2015, 03:54 PM
The realty is they are hammering teams - scoring for fun and hardly conceding. The season is long but this team is much different to last season and doesn't seem like slipping up.

Their goal difference is like an extra point also so we will continue to play catch up.

We really just need to focus on winning and see what happens. If it is the play offs we need to be in good form for when they come round.

My_Wife_Camille
05-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Unless we start humping the same teams by 5 or 6 as well week in and week out the I can't see us winning this league. They are full of confidence and we are still building a team, says it all really.
Agree with this. People on here saying there's not much difference between us and them. Well at the moment there's 9 points difference and 15 goals.

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2015, 03:55 PM

Laugh all u like but writing your teams chances off when they are not even playing is extremely negative, even by your standards. I admit its disappointing to be so far behind this early but come on...its only 4 matches played for us!!

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Agree with this. People on here saying there's not much difference between us and them. Well at the moment there's 9 points difference and 15 goals.

They have started much better than us byt there was very little between the 2 teams a fortnight ago...if we can start putting the rest away regularly there is nothing to suggest we cannot put a fight up for the title....but thats maybe too positive for this thread. Better to slate your team when they arent playing.

Moulin Yarns
05-09-2015, 04:01 PM
As a self confessed happy clapper I'd like like to point out that winning the game in hand will put us at least third.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Laugh all u like but writing your teams chances off when they are not even playing is extremely negative, even by your standards. I admit its disappointing to be so far behind this early but come on...its only 4 matches played for us!!

Who's laughing? And if stating facts is now being negative, then i'm guilty.

We will make the play offs, do you class this as positive?

marinello59
05-09-2015, 04:04 PM

What was the score in the Hibs match today? :confused:

Spike Mandela
05-09-2015, 04:05 PM
They have started much better than us byt there was very little between the 2 teams a fortnight ago...if we can start putting the rest away regularly there is nothing to suggest we cannot put a fight up for the title....but thats maybe too positive for this thread. Better to slate your team when they arent playing.

There wa very little between us and Hearts in games last season but we finished 21 points behind and 32 goals difference worse off.

There are no excuses for slow starts or failure this year and we need to start racking up 4,5 and 6-0 wins pronto. Hopefully that starts next week.

07BigD
05-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Realistically we can catch them up, but we can't afford any slip ups and we'll have to take points off them as the season progresses, hopefully we will click into gear as quickly as possible

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2015, 04:09 PM
There wa very little between us and Hearts in games last season but we finished 21 points behind and 32 goals difference worse off.

There are no excuses for slow starts or failure this year and we need to start racking up 4,5 and 6-0 wins pronto. Hopefully that starts next week.

You dont get any extra points tho for winning 4 5 or 6 nil...much as id love to see us do that if we keep winning week in week out then il be happy enough with that. We can worry about goal difference later in season...IF we need to

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2015, 04:10 PM

About as positive as any of your posts i suppose so Yes

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2015, 04:10 PM

Christ almighty, i am 100% sure we will qualify for the play offs, but i'm not deluded enough to think we will win the league.

Jones28
05-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Rangers were no great shakes when we played them, it's the other teams I worry about us slipping up against.

I'd rather we played with our first team than a weakened team even if that meant international breaks.

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2015, 04:12 PM

Think we lost 3 nil judging by some of the posts on here today mate...im away to stick my head in the oven now :)

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2015, 04:12 PM
About as positive as any of your posts i suppose so Yes

There's another poster who has selective reading. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
05-09-2015, 04:13 PM

Think we only have one available forward in Keatings. When we cancelled the game he and Dom were still injured

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Penalty for England. No one really sure what for.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2015, 04:14 PM
San Marino 0-1 England

Rooney equals Bobby Charlton's record after scoring a penalty.

B.H.F.C
05-09-2015, 04:14 PM
You dont get any extra points tho for winning 4 5 or 6 nil...much as id love to see us do that if we keep winning week in week out then il be happy enough with that. We can worry about goal difference later in season...IF we need to

No but you get confidence, belief and a feel good factor. It brings people back through the doors and that is something we badly need.

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Rooney scores and equals the scoring record.

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Looked to me like handball from Stones........England awarded a penalty!!

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Rangers were no great shakes when we played them, it's the other teams I worry about us slipping up against.

I'd rather we played with our first team than a weakened team even if that meant international breaks.

This is key for me.

Rangers are going out and destroying other teams, they know the games against us are only a small part of the season.

We have to do the same. Win every game between now and playing Rangers again and we, are at worst, in the same position we were at 3pm today. That's difficult but possible.

Jim44
05-09-2015, 04:20 PM

A few folk are giving realistic opinions about our prospects based on how well Sevco are progressing. I don't see many folk slating Hibs or wanting to slit their wrists.

frazeHFC
05-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Looked to me like handball from Stones........England awarded a penalty!!

Yeah very confused :confused:

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 04:31 PM
2-0 England. OG.

San Marino don't look anywhere near as bad as they used to be, relatively speaking of course.

emerald green
05-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately, not only are The Rangers racking up a huge goal difference advantage, which is really like an extra point should two teams end up level on points, they are totally slaughtering teams. See stats below. This breeds confidence, and confidence plays a huge part in how football players perform week in week out.

The only team to have given them a meaningful contest so far this season is Hibs, and of course we lost. I'm not including what happened in the Petrovac either.

The match stats from Greyskull today:

Possession - 73/27
Shots - 23/2
Shots on target - 12/1
Corners 7/3

I don't like, it but these are simply the facts. This demonstrates why Hibs cannot afford to lose to teams like Dumbarton (who lost at home to Alloa today).

B.H.F.C
05-09-2015, 04:38 PM
This is key for me.

Rangers are going out and destroying other teams, they know the games against us are only a small part of the season.

We have to do the same. Win every game between now and playing Rangers again and we, are at worst, in the same position we were at 3pm today. That's difficult but possible.

That's exactly what we need to do between now and playing them to have any chance of making a fight of it. It's no good just going unbeaten like we did for spells last year. The stupid draws during those runs actually saw us dropping further off the pace.

3pm
05-09-2015, 04:38 PM
2-0 England. OG.

San Marino don't look anywhere near as bad as they used to be, relatively speaking of course.

Just put a fiver on Rooney to win Sports Personality of the Year at 80/1. :greengrin

Hibby_G
05-09-2015, 04:39 PM
1-0 Russia Vs Sweden

greenginger
05-09-2015, 04:44 PM
2-0 England. OG.

San Marino still hold the record for the quickest goal in World Cup history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Gualtieri

Against Engerlund as well ! :greengrin

Smartie
05-09-2015, 04:46 PM
No but you get confidence, belief and a feel good factor. It brings people back through the doors and that is something we badly need.

As does winning a long sequence of games by 1 or 2 goals.

A bit of a myth has built up about the way Hearts did it last year. They didn't play like the 70s Brazil side and crush teams every week. Yes, occasionally they played very well and crushed teams. But the main thing was that even when they weren't firing on all cylinders, they won. And there were spells throughout the season when that seemed to happen quite often (that's not even a criticism of them - you take the chances that come your way and defend well enough, you deserve to win games).

It's disappointing to see so many people on here giving in to the The Rangers hype. They've done well so far and fair play to Warburton for bending every rule possible to make sure they could continue building their momentum today. But ultimately they got the same number of points today as we got for our ugly win against Morton the other week.

I like the squad that Stubbs has assembled and I'd like to think we have more than enough to beat most of the teams in this league on a regular basis. If we match Rangers results in those then it's down to the head-to-heads. And whilst they did beat us in the last game, they didn't exactly wipe the floor with us so there wasn't anything there to suggest that they will destroy us every time.

I think it's actually worked out quite well for us that we have missed the Falkirk game. This will be one of our toughest games and I'm not convinced we're quite ready for it yet.

A few week more though and I don't think we'll have anything to fear from it.

silverhibee
05-09-2015, 04:57 PM
FFS, we didn't even play today and we moved above Raith. :greengrin

emerald green
05-09-2015, 05:02 PM
It's disappointing to see so many people on here giving in to the The Rangers hype.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not too sure what you mean by "giving in to The Rangers hype". My previous post was simply stating the facts, none of which I like one little bit. But that's the reality I'm afraid.

Imagine the "hype" on here had Hibs just won their ninth consecutive match, racking up 5 goals into the bargain. Hibs would deserve all the praise going were that to be the case. Hopefully Hibs can start putting a run like that together very soon.

Roxyhibee
05-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Huns have a new manager, almost a whole new team, new chairman, etc, - so anyone who knows how these things work would have guessed they were going to experience that honeymoon buzz. And that is almost to be expected just now.

Now, I'm not saying they are going to be easy to catch or suddenly lose all this early season form but, do any of their players really standout over ours..?! No. Do any of their players fill us with fear.? Definitely not.! This isn't Hately, Gascoigne, Laudrup, etc we are talking about..!

As the season progresses, the managers in this league will find out a lot more about them and I'd put a bet on their current spanking 5 nil victories will start to become much harder to achieve in a few weeks. Then you have the lottery of injuries, lose of form, etc.. They will draw and even lose games, I've no doubt about that.

And as it has been stated already so many times, we could have beaten them at Ibrox and they didn't like how we attacked them. And seems like we have a lot more waiting for them the next time we meet them.

So lets just beat the smaller teams, (this is the part that worries us I know, and - no more Dumbartons, please.!) sit slightly under the radar and let them bask in that high pressurised expectancy area they've already created for themselves. We're a handful of games into the season ff sake..! - this battle hasn't even warmed up yet.!!

Lago
05-09-2015, 05:40 PM
As does winning a long sequence of games by 1 or 2 goals.

A bit of a myth has built up about the way Hearts did it last year. They didn't play like the 70s Brazil side and crush teams every week. Yes, occasionally they played very well and crushed teams. But the main thing was that even when they weren't firing on all cylinders, they won. And there were spells throughout the season when that seemed to happen quite often (that's not even a criticism of them - you take the chances that come your way and defend well enough, you deserve to win games).

It's disappointing to see so many people on here giving in to the The Rangers hype. They've done well so far and fair play to Warburton for bending every rule possible to make sure they could continue building their momentum today. But ultimately they got the same number of points today as we got for our ugly win against Morton the other week.

I like the squad that Stubbs has assembled and I'd like to think we have more than enough to beat most of the teams in this league on a regular basis. If we match Rangers results in those then it's down to the head-to-heads. And whilst they did beat us in the last game, they didn't exactly wipe the floor with us so there wasn't anything there to suggest that they will destroy us every time.

I think it's actually worked out quite well for us that we have missed the Falkirk game. This will be one of our toughest games and I'm not convinced we're quite ready for it yet.

A few week more though and I don't think we'll have anything to fear from it.
What rules have they bent?

Hamish
05-09-2015, 06:12 PM
See Alex wasn't mentioned for Queens today.

Andy74
05-09-2015, 08:36 PM
A few folk are giving realistic opinions about our prospects based on how well Sevco are progressing. I don't see many folk slating Hibs or wanting to slit their wrists.

Indeed.

Lago
05-09-2015, 08:57 PM
2-0 England. OG.

6 nil to England, they qualify with 3 games to go.

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2015, 09:09 PM

Excellent, gotta love the International weekends......:greengrin

Sir David Gray
05-09-2015, 09:22 PM

Perhaps we should get our games called off a bit more often then! :greengrin

Sounds like the way forward!

3pm
05-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Excellent, gotta love the International weekends......:greengrin

Laced with sarcasm Mr B....and rightly so. International fitba has one thing going for it - you can watch fitba with your mates that support other teams, something that never usually happens.

International football is bollocks. :greengrin

SteveHFC
05-09-2015, 09:28 PM
:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Laced with sarcasm Mr B....and rightly so. International fitba has one thing going for it - you can watch fitba with your mates that support other teams, something that never usually happens.

International football is bollocks. :greengrin

True.........

Don't watch internationals, and have nae mates :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Indeed.

OK perhaps slating was too strong a word but the no of posters writing off our chances of automatic promotion on a day when we never even kicked a ball is disappointing.

Keith_M
06-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Of course it's too early to write off our chances of winning the championship but every week that passes gives more evidence that DerHun are much more likely to win it than we are.

ATM, it looks like last season all over again, with Hearts being replaced by DerHun.

They seem to be scoring about five goals every game, whereas we struggle to actually win, let alone score more than one or two goals.

marinello59
06-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Christ almighty, i am 100% sure we will qualify for the play offs, but i'm not deluded enough to think we will win the league.

I think you must have quoted me but replied to somebody else.

Ronniekirk
06-09-2015, 08:26 AM

Stubbs is a Tactical Genius .We will now kick on and be second by tearly October if not before . Feruz will be on top form by then ,Keatings and Cummings will be scoring each week as they fight it out for top goalscorer ,Farid will be back to FullFitness and be like a new signing ,and Malonga and Anier will play thier part.
Our Midfielders and centre backs will start scoring and Lewis and Gray will out shine Wallace and Taverner the next time we beat them at Easter Road and the title race will be back on :greengrin

Jim44
06-09-2015, 08:28 AM
Stubbs is a Tactical Genius .We will now kick on and be second by tearly October if not before . Feruz will be on top form by then ,Keatings and Cummings will be scoring each week as they fight it out for top goalscorer ,Farid will be back to FullFitness and be like a new signing ,and Malonga and Anier will play thier part.
Our Midfielders and centre backs will start scoring and Lewis and Gray will out shine Wallace and Taverner the next time we beat them at Easter Road and the title race will be back on :greengrin

I hope that was a typo?:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Wasn't last seasons' definition of a bed wetter, someone who didn't think we would win the league. ?

Jim44
06-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Wasn't last seasons' definition of a bed wetter, someone who didn't think we would win the league. ?

........ bed-wetter, nappy-filler, greetin' faced git, pint-half empty ........... Personally I prefer 'sorely challenged over many years realist'. :greengrin

Smartie
06-09-2015, 10:48 AM
What rules have they bent?

They were quite creative with how they handled call-ups for International duty for starters.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Of course it's too early to write off our chances of winning the championship but every week that passes gives more evidence that DerHun are much more likely to win it than we are.

ATM, it looks like last season all over again, with Hearts being replaced by DerHun.

They seem to be scoring about five goals every game, whereas we struggle to actually win, let alone score more than one or two goals.

I'm not giving it up yet either but I did warn that this was a huge possibility way back in May when Motherwell were tearing them to shreds. Sevco were never going to be anywhere near as bad as they were last season and it was bad news for us that they didn't go up after they beat us in the play offs.

I'm confident that we'll be able to beat them this season but I'm struggling to think of any other side that's likely to be strong enough to take any points off them and that's backed up with the fact that they've just knocked ten goals in over their last two matches against Queen of the South and Raith Rovers, who were two of the better sides in the league last season.

SteveHFC
06-09-2015, 11:37 AM

^^^^

Still pished :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm confident that we'll be able to beat them this season but I'm struggling to think of any other side that's likely to be strong enough to take any points off them

I posted similar a week or two ago, nothing since provides any reason to change that view.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-09-2015, 02:12 PM
I don't think we will win the league but I think we will be comfortable in second and go up through the play offs. Not sure if that makes me a bed wetter or not but I won't ditch the trainer pants just in case.

Ronniekirk
06-09-2015, 04:47 PM
^^^^

Still pished :greengrin

Stone cold sober ,then I woke from my dream :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2015, 05:46 PM
that was a good result for Morton y/day rattling in 4 goals at Livi, the bigots banging in another 5 again and with a GD of 16 it could be worth another point to them

3pm
09-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Just put a fiver on Rooney to win Sports Personality of the Year at 80/1. :greengrin

Now 22/1. :greengrin