PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's games

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Whizz
03-09-2015, 07:23 PM
What game is everyone watching. Started off with Cyprus v Wales, but now on Holland v Iceland. Uphill task for Holland, need to win, Robben off injured and Holland now down to 10 men

Sir David Gray
03-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Watching the tennis, Andy Murray's on. :greengrin

Stax
03-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Watching the Cyprus - Wales game, cannae work out why the Cypriot goalie is wearing lime green under armour leggings in 30 degree heat :crazy:

Mr White
03-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Holland iceland. Should be an interesting second half. With a population of 350k icelands national team are outstanding.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Watched the Belgium game as I had a tenner bet on Fellaini @ 10.6 to score first and a tenner @ 4 anytime scorer, back to the cricket once he scored.

Mr White
03-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Pen to iceland!

SteveHFC
03-09-2015, 07:55 PM
1-0 Iceland.

H18S NX
03-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Iceland look well organised and fit

Mr White
03-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Iceland look well organised and fit

Dangerous in the final third too.

Stax
03-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Bale, 1-0

Mr White
03-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Fair play to iceland. Equivalent of hibs qualifying for champions league group stage!

SteveHFC
03-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Fair play to iceland. Equivalent of hibs qualifying for champions league group stage!

Too far. :greengrin

Mr White
03-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Too far. :greengrin

Maybe but not by much! Population of less than edinburgh and they've taken 6 points off the netherlands and qualified for the euros! Hope they do well next summer.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Maybe but not by much! Population of less than edinburgh and they've taken 6 points off the netherlands and qualified for the euros! Hope they do well next summer.

They're not quite assured of qualification just yet.

They're eight points clear of the Netherlands in third place with three games left.

If they avoid defeat against Kazakhstan on Sunday then they're guaranteed qualification.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Gutted, i had Qatar minus 16 with ladbrokes.

SteveHFC
03-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Would be funny if Bale was to get injured before the finals.

weecounty hibby
03-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Are Wales up to No 1 in the world now??

Mr White
03-09-2015, 09:29 PM
They're not quite assured of qualification just yet.

They're eight points clear of the Netherlands in third place with three games left.

If they avoid defeat against Kazakhstan on Sunday then they're guaranteed qualification.

Ah ok I thought they'd clinched it. Hope they seal it on sunday.

Zazu62
03-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Wales are flying.

silverhibee
03-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Gutted, i had Qatar minus 16 with ladbrokes.

:tee hee:

Some strange results tonight, UAE 10-0 and Saudi Arabia 7-0.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Wales are flying.

If they beat Israel on Sunday then they're through.

Even a draw would almost certainly be enough, considering that their last match is at home to Andorra and a draw on Sunday would put them five points clear with six points left to play for.

I think they'll go through.

Onceinawhile
03-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Could well see all the home nations qualifying. I assume that hasn't happened before?

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Could well see all the home nations qualifying. I assume that hasn't happened before?

I think I heard someone say it was done in 1958?

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Did any of our resident experts watch the Estonia game on the red button?

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Would be funny if Bale was to get injured before the finals.

:hilarious

What a great example of a one man team.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2015, 10:01 PM
I think I heard someone say it was done in 1958?
It was. Sweden World Cup.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

matty_f
03-09-2015, 10:02 PM

Not me, i was watching a stream of the Albania u21 game in case we sign their left back in three years.

hibbymick
03-09-2015, 10:33 PM

A couple of us put a bet on this . Im sure the odds were over 100/1 .

Sir David Gray
03-09-2015, 10:42 PM

The only one that's looking a bit dodgy is Scotland.

England's a shoo-in, Wales are now almost guaranteed to qualify and Northern Ireland are looking pretty comfortable as well, currently sitting top of their group.

To be fair, we do have by far the toughest qualification group out of the four home nations but hopefully we can get into the second spot.

A win for Scotland tomorrow along with a draw between Germany and Poland and it will be looking pretty good, although we do then face Germany and Poland in our next two matches.

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 12:09 AM
The only one that's looking a bit dodgy is Scotland.

England's a shoo-in, Wales are now almost guaranteed to qualify and Northern Ireland are looking pretty comfortable as well, currently sitting top of their group.

To be fair, we do have by far the toughest qualification group out of the four home nations but hopefully we can get into the second spot.

A win for Scotland tomorrow along with a draw between Germany and Poland and it will be looking pretty good, although we do then face Germany and Poland in our next two matches.

A win tomorrow and Hampden will be rocking on Monday. Personally can't wait.

Danderhall Hibs
04-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Not me, i was watching a stream of the Albania u21 game in case we sign their left back in three years.

He's murder hope we don't sign him.

Zazu62
04-09-2015, 06:31 AM
If Scotland win tonight then the big game for me is Poland at hampden. Win that and we will qualify automatically :-)

Onceinawhile
04-09-2015, 07:04 AM
:hilarious

What a great example of a one man team.

Because Aaron Ramsey and Ashley Williams are mince right enough!

Onceinawhile
04-09-2015, 07:05 AM
It was. Sweden World Cup.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Must admit I'm surprised by that. I had rather naively assumed that it would still have been the home nations qualifying group at that point.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 07:23 AM

They play on Saturday, not Thursday

Danderhall Hibs
04-09-2015, 07:28 AM

All I ever see is 1-0 Bale.

Wales without Bale would be like Fenlons Hibs without Griffiths.

Danderhall Hibs
04-09-2015, 07:30 AM
They play on Saturday, not Thursday

No wonder I couldn't find it! Had to settle for Israel v Andorra in the end.

Steve20
04-09-2015, 07:34 AM
All I ever see is 1-0 Bale.

Wales without Bale would be like Fenlons Hibs without Griffiths.

Bale been keeping the clean sheets at the back as well? Wales are a well organised side and while Bale is the superstar who is making a huge difference, they're far from a one man team. Certainly a far better team than Scotland, that's for sure.

Danderhall Hibs
04-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Bale been keeping the clean sheets at the back as well? Wales are a well organised side and while Bale is the superstar who is making a huge difference, they're far from a one man team. Certainly a far better team than Scotland, that's for sure.

Bale is probably keeping the opposition so occupied they've not got time to shoot. :greengrin

Pretty sure I could go raking out posts where you said Hibs were a one man team when Griffiths was playing/scoring.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 07:37 AM
No wonder I couldn't find it! Had to settle for Israel v Andorra in the end.

They also play again on Tuesday, so Hibs unlikely to see Anier until Thursday at the earliest next week

JimBHibees
04-09-2015, 08:23 AM

Far better really. Their ranking has been hugely influenced by them not playing friendlies in the last 2 years and beating and drawing Belguim. Saw some of the game yesterday they looked pretty average against a Cyprus side who had 2 or 3 of their best players out. They are a decent team with one exceptional player. Scotland would be well competitive with Wales.

flash
04-09-2015, 08:26 AM

Nice to see you backing your country in the same manner as you support Hibs.

hibs0666
04-09-2015, 09:45 AM

Wow - deep praise indeed for Wales when coming from you.

nellio
04-09-2015, 10:24 AM

Glad someones pointed this out. Yes Bale is the talisman and everything goes through him but Ashley Williams has been immense at the back for us. Rambo is great as well and we have Ben Davies who plays for Spurs, Taylor who plays for the Swans, Dummet from Newcatle (injured) James Chester is ok as well. Joe Allen at Liverpool, Ledley at Palace.

We have a decent set of players now, no dount that Bale is immense but you still need a solid defense too, we;ve only conceded 2 goals in about 8 games. Cant say that was because of Bale.

nellio
04-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Far better really. Their ranking has been hugely influenced by them not playing friendlies in the last 2 years and beating and drawing Belguim. Saw some of the game yesterday they looked pretty average against a Cyprus side who had 2 or 3 of their best players out. They are a decent team with one exceptional player. Scotland would be well competitive with Wales.

Pretty sure we've beaten you every time we've played you recently including a 4-0 pumping when Earnie scored a hat-trick and we beat you twice in the last qualifying campaign :greengrin.

I've been dishing out the banter up here for ages because of those results.

Scotland playing tonight. Really hope you get a result, would love to see the Scots in France with us!! The Tartan army deserves it, the passion of the fans up here is like nothing i've seen anywhere else.

Broken Gnome
04-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Pretty sure we've beaten you every time we've played you recently including a 4-0 pumping when Earnie scored a hat-trick and we beat you twice in the last qualifying campaign :greengrin.

I've been dising out the banter up here for ages because of those results.

Scotland playing tonigt. Really hope you get a result though, would love to see the Scots in France with us!! The Tartan army deserves it, the passion of the fans up here is like nothing i've seen anywhere else.

You took a hell of a doing in the Carling Cup. Don't be so selective.

nellio
04-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Forgotten about that tournament. It was in Dublin wasn't it?

Ok, that's fair enough but I also forgot that we beat you again 3-0 in Cardiff in 2009 too so that will compensate for that defeat.

hibs0666
04-09-2015, 12:27 PM

Number 14's through ball in the 27th minute was simply sublime.

JimBHibees
04-09-2015, 12:54 PM

I've been dishing out the banter up here for ages because of those results.

Scotland playing tonight. Really hope you get a result, would love to see the Scots in France with us!! The Tartan army deserves it, the passion of the fans up here is like nothing i've seen anywhere else.

Not much between the teams IMO Bale is a different class though obviously. The most recent qualifying we should have won in Cardiff (Fletcher goal to make it 2-0 wrongly chopped off) while you were the better team up here. Agree hope both qualify we could do with a win tonight that is for sure. Chris Coleman has done an amazing job on the back of the sad passing of the previous manager.

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Marshall, Hutton, Martin, Mulgrew, Robertson; brown, Morrison; Naismith, Maloney, Anya; S. Fletcher.

Team confirmed.

Haymaker
04-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Nae Griffiths?

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Nae Griffiths?

It's all set up for an Griffiths winner. :hyper

Craig_HFC
04-09-2015, 01:50 PM
It's all set up for an Griffiths winner. :hyper

This has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever and it's surely been said before to you but...

Leigh GIFfiths?

:doh:

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 01:53 PM
This has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever and it's surely been said before to you but...

Leigh GIFfiths?

:doh:

I did have a gif made of Leigh last year but ended up deleting it. :(

JimBHibees
04-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Marshall, Hutton, Martin, Mulgrew, Robertson; brown, Morrison; Naismith, Maloney, Anya; S. Fletcher.

Team confirmed.

Mulgrew at centre back would be the worry for me in that team as thought he was poor in that position in Dublin. Hanley surely a better bet. That aside would have been the team I picked, good to see Robertson back in at full back.

erin go bragh
04-09-2015, 02:49 PM

Team confirmed.

Fletcher has to start banging the goals in . His goals to game ratio for Scotland is shocking . I think our midfield might be a bit on the weak side .

GGTTH

Alex Trager
04-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Fletcher has to start banging the goals in . His goals to game ratio for Scotland is shocking . I think our midfield might be a bit on the weak side .

GGTTH

Agree. I'd be dropping him and Morrison.
We have better players available. Griffiths especially.

I'd argue the same for Hutton but I don't know anyone else that plays in his position.

Hutton and Morrison are almost always involved and each time it amazes me how.

Gordy M
04-09-2015, 03:50 PM

I'd argue the same for Hutton but I don't know anyone else that plays in his position.

Im sorry, and i realise its your opinion, but how can you critisize strachan and his team selections? Beaten once away to germany this campaign. So far, its been fantastic.

GlesgaeHibby
04-09-2015, 03:51 PM

Whittaker?

I would have started Whittaker and Griffiths for Fletch and Hutton but otherwise it's a good team. Morrison had a fantastic game recently scoring 2 goals against Chelsea.

Alex Trager
04-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Im sorry, and i realise its your opinion, but how can you critisize strachan and his team selections? Beaten once away to germany this campaign. So far, its been fantastic.

Because I think both Hutton and Morrison are poor and average respectively.

There must be better out there.

I agree regards to strachan however. Been a breath of fresh air

Alex Trager
04-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Whittaker?

I would have started Whittaker and Griffiths for Fletch and Hutton but otherwise it's a good team. Morrison had a fantastic game recently scoring 2 goals against Chelsea.

Well that's exactly it.
He has had one decent game in god knows how long.

Whittaker. He's a better player than Hutton. Cheers

Hiber-nation
04-09-2015, 03:53 PM

Whittaker but he had a nightmare at the weekend.

Can't really argue against that line up as Strachan was always going to go with the tried and trusted.

Chip shop Joe
04-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Have to say that I really rate Morrison. Very comfortable on the ball and always plays with his head up!

He is now set for a total mare tonight[emoji1]

Off the bar
04-09-2015, 04:07 PM
C'mon Scotland must win this one

SJNB Hibby
04-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Nice early yellow

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Playing well so far imo.

Keeping the ball well, comfortable and probing when it's on. Patience is the key tonight as others have got their rewards late in in Georgia.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Why is Fletcher going for that with his left foot?

SJNB Hibby
04-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Why is Fletcher going for that with his left foot?
That question has been asked so many times on here before that it should have its own thread:confused:

Dinkydoo
04-09-2015, 04:39 PM
This is like watching Hibs

hibee_girl
1-0 Georgia

Pretty Boy
That defending is laughable.

blackpoolhibs
FFS thats shocking defending.

bigwheel
terrible defending ....

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 04:40 PM
**** off

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 04:40 PM
sounds like the better team is winning

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 04:41 PM
This is like watching Hibs

Was just thinking the same . why we haven't injected some urgency and tempo I have no idea

Jim44
04-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Strachan oot! :-)

Off the bar
04-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Plenty time left, we always do it the hard way

Dinkydoo
04-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Was just thinking the same . why we haven't injected some urgency and tempo I have no idea
Yep, technically better, man for man we should be pumping them....yet without any aggression we're trying to break them down when they are behind the ball. Add in some comedy defending and we have this; a must win game and we're looking at trailing by one at half time.

silverhibee
04-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Is Brown trying to get sent off. Stupid stuff from him.

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Yep, technically better, man for man we should be pumping them....yet without any aggression we're trying to break them down when they are behind the ball. Add in some comedy defending and we have this; a must win game and we're looking at trailing by one at half time. scott brown is having a mare and Hutton just on half time having a go at guy diving he has done it his whole career

Onion
04-09-2015, 04:54 PM
No good. Looks like a rerun of Malmo v Celtic.

Strachan got 45 mins to save the campaign. We cannot afford to drop points here.

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Broony tends to forget it is not Collum Thompson etc reffereing looks like clone of lennon sadly

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Big 45 mins for Scotland now, came from behind in Ireland in June to get a draw

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I think one up front with a target man is outdated . I would rather have a sparky or Jordan Rhodes up there running in behind. Or play two up front with fletch and some on with pace

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Don't understand the reluctance to play Griffiths as a lone striker.

He's bang in form and played the role well fot us on numerous ocassions.

ancient hibee
04-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Sems to me that if you play someone as your main striker who hardly ever scores and now hardly plays supported by another player who has played for about half an hour this season along with another player who thought he was ready for the easy life in the USA you are unlikely to win pressure games.Fletcher,willing as he is,going for a great ball with the wrong foot sums it up.

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 05:10 PM
What a chance Naismith. Too busy pissin about with the keeper

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:11 PM
I thought Anya was fast?

5 yard start on the defender and was behind him in 2. Like he was running through treacle.

HH81
04-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Looking like Scotland will lose this. Too slow and too much messing about when they have ball.

Mr White
04-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Thank **** james forrest and grant hanley are coming on. That'll sort it.

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 05:16 PM
**** off Forrest

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 05:17 PM
looking forward to the draw for the 2020 championships, pot 5 here we come

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:18 PM
James Forrest and Grant Hanley. Really?

Has Strachan lost the plot.

easty
04-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Piss poor.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2015, 05:19 PM
FFS we need Griffiths on here, and what the hell is Hanley coming on for?:confused:

easty
04-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Headless chickens when they're passing the ball about.

Mcpakeisgod
04-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Robertsons had a mare, he needed off, push mulgrew out wide

liamh2202
Roaring heat chasing the game.. Going to need all the fresh legs we can get and we make a pointless change in defence

Mcpakeisgod
Still time, cmon boys lets do this !

McKenzie
04-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Anya must be one of the most overrated players to play for Scotland in recent years. Nae end product to speak of

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Ridiculous how Russell and Sparky can't get on but a guy who can't get a game for Celtic does.

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Morrison anya brown empty jerseys

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 05:25 PM
oh aye and GTF wae those stupid looking burgundy socks ffs

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Ridiculous how Russell and Sparky can't get on but a guy who can't get a game for Celtic does.

A guy who's barely plays for Celtic started so no surprise one came on as a sub.

Green forever
James Forrest would not get a game for anyone else in the group apart from Gibraltar, vastly overrated player.

Diclonius
No doubt this will be followed up with a "glorious failure" 0-1 v Germany where the boys tried wir best and oh well let's all support Wales and possibly Northern Ireland in France.

And people wonder why my generation are so apathetic towards the national team.

Still time, though.

LaMotta
04-09-2015, 05:27 PM

Forrest looks like hes a drunk thats been randomly plucked from the tartan army...lost so far.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Morrison anya brown empty jerseys

Brown well found out a a higher level again.

Good SPL or whatever player but thats it.

3pm
04-09-2015, 05:29 PM

Most overrated player in Scotland in years.

LaMotta
04-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Why is Griffiths not on yet?

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 05:30 PM
sparky coming on....only 19 mins too late gogs wee man

silverhibee
04-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Hutton is so poor.

Mr White
Hutton is so poor.

Not as bad as forrest. He's pish.

WoreTheGreen
Good at bully soft scottish refs & media but eruo games bang average

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 05:32 PM

My black lab would play better than Forrest tonight.

Chip shop Joe
04-09-2015, 05:32 PM
This is so pedestrian it is unreal. Absolutely no urgency!

easty
04-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Why would you no take off a defender?? They're deep as **** nae need for 4 back.

Jim44
You just get the impression that, despite what they say, Strachan and Deila aren't 100% sure about Griffiths.

liamh2202

He's turned into a player that has zero inpact. Lennon wasted him years ago and he has went nowhere since

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Griffiths gets 16 minutes, a team needs a goal and they give him 16 minutes???????

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:35 PM
You just get the impression that, despite what they say, Strachan and Deila aren't 100% sure about Griffiths.

Only solution I can see is for him.to come back to where he is appreciated and loved.

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Morrison FFS piss poor

skyehibee
04-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Morrison FFS piss poor

How many times has he gave the ball away tonight. Bang average player

ancient hibee
04-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Where next for Strachan?

Aldo
04-09-2015, 05:38 PM
We have given them way too much space from the first whistle.

One up top with the 3 in behind Fletcher has not worked at all.

Poor show all round.

HH81
04-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Not sure how Fletcher is a premiership footballer?

Sylar
04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Ah, a typical glorious failure in the way that only we CAN manage with such consistency.

We were always going to lose tonight - probably right before we manage to secure a point against either Germany or Poland and get pipped by results elsewhere on the last day.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Not sure how Fletcher is a premiership footballer?Probably the 50 odd goals he has scored in that league helps.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Where next for Strachan?

never mind strachan, what next for scottish football, we can't even match a country that is 142nd in the world rankings, we beat them at home thanks to an own goal

HH81
04-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Probably the 50 odd goals he has scored in that league helps.

Is he playing much these days? Seen him at Doncaster other week and he was awful then too.

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 05:44 PM
I wonder if brown remembers how to drive a team forward or if has been trained out of him completely

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Is it just me or are all celtic or ex celtic beyond critisism by Proven

bigwheel
Oh well , just have to beat Germany now

HH81
It is being played like a pre season friendley.

Gatecrasher
04-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure Brown has morphed into Barry Ferguson

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Maloneu hasn't hit a decent dead ball all night.

Let Sparky have a crack ffs.

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure Brown has morphed into Barry Ferguson

And a poor mans one at that

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Georgia have only won 4 games in the last eight years tae lol, ****** laughable

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 05:50 PM
There's a theme here.

Maroon strips in Georgia= lose
Maroon socks in Georgia=lose

Aldo
04-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Too little too late from Scotland.

SquashedFrogg
Tactics.

Why are crossing balls into the box with 2 strikers and small attacking players who need the ball at their feet?

Wasted opportunity as they are not very good.

SteveHFC
****ing embarrassment of a result.

Iain G
No Hibs game this weekend due to this rubbish awful Scotland game. We should give up on international football!

Biggie
04-09-2015, 05:52 PM
fletcher, gies a break....struggling to get a game for Sunderland ffs.....Maloney, just back from the U.S. League, obviously straight in...Morrison, *****, Hutton, *****....bottom line is we're just not good enough.

Stax
04-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Utter pish

Alfred E Newman
04-09-2015, 05:53 PM

Provan is an absolute slaver.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 05:53 PM
yi have tae laff :hilarious

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Shamefull

Pretty Boy
Pish.

Get this out the way and back to real football next weekrnd.

Jim44
Not so glorious failure. Shocking performance. One positive. - we held them down to a single goal.

Biggie

No mate, you just don't get it...unless you've played the game at the highest level you've no say I'm afraid

HibbyKeith
04-09-2015, 05:55 PM

This! Any chance of qualification gone.

No shots on target against f'in Georgia. Just wow.

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 05:56 PM

Disappointing - yes

Embarrassing - no

Standard overreaction

Onion
Jocks have choked again. Horrific stuff.

SteveHFC
Anyone want my ticket for Monday?

Greenblood70
That was a truly piss poor performance - one dimensional, slow, pedestrian, team shape all over the place. FFS we hardly even managed to win a high ball all game.

It should signal the end of a clutch of players international 'careers' but it wont.

Sooner this *****y international weekend is over and we can get back to the Hibees the better.

B.H.F.C
What has James Forrest done to even justify being anywhere near the Scotland.

And what a bloody bizarre sub bringing on Hanley at 1 down.

Scott Brown just runs around kicking folk.

GordonHFC
04-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Pathetic and a completely inept performance by every single one of them. It was like 11 guys meeting each other for the first time.

Alfred E Newman
No shots on target. Rediculous statistic against a team ranked 135th in the world.

Thecat23
Not even a shot on target, Alan Hutton starting, Griffiths on the bench!

Got exactly what we deserved **** All!

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2015, 05:58 PM
GS took the plaudits righty so but tonight FK UP with team & tactics

liamh2202
Disappointing - yes

Embarrassing - no

Standard overreaction

Really? We never had a shot on target against a team who have shipped goals in this group

Diclonius
Blazers will be happy with their five star accommodation in Georgia though and that's what matters most.

Sylar
04-09-2015, 05:59 PM
I honestly wish I could say I'm surprised...

Onion
04-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Disappointing - yes

Embarrassing - no

Standard overreaction

Nothing compared to what the press will do to them tomorrow. And deservedly so. Horrible, horrible attempt.

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:03 PM
This! Any chance of qualification gone.

No shots on target against f'in Georgia. Just wow.

"f'in Georgia" have a decent team and have had quite a decent team for a few years. You need to lower your expectations and watch international football a bit more.

Also, you need to look at our team and think about what they are capable in International terms.

We have a squad of players who are nowhere in international football. Honestly - think about all of our team tonight and think of how good we are.

Our team is made up of English Championship player and SPL players. What do you expect?

#walessyndrome

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Nothing compared to what the press will do to them tomorrow. And deservedly so. Horrible, horrible attempt.

Bad result but we have a team full of SPL/English Championship players

What do we expect?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Scotland are honkin and it's not exactly a shock tbh. They got what they deserved and that sweet **** all.

Hiber-nation
04-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Hardly any of that team are on form for their clubs just now but that's no excuse. Really dreadful performance and there wasn't even 1 player who could get anywhere near pass marks.

Don't know what Brown is on about in that interview, that was miles worse than celtc in Malmo.

Carheenlea
04-09-2015, 06:07 PM
24 countries qualify for this. Sure half our International team could not even name 24 European countries.

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Really? We never had a shot on target against a team who have shipped goals in this group

How long have you being watching football?

They are no mugs and never will be.

They've beat us before comfortably so why did you think they couldn't again? Honestly?

I'm as gutted as most but anyone who thought this was a guaranteed win needs to have a think

Onion
04-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Bad result but we have a team full of SPL/English Championship players

What do we expect?

I'm sure that's what all the commentators will be saying tomorrow then :aok: Good attempt, hard luck you plucky chaps.

BurghHibby
04-09-2015, 06:09 PM

No just you, been saying that for yonks, he's a fud!

hibee-boys
04-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Too many bang average players in the Scotland team, we've got by off late by playing well as a unit. This game needed a piece of individual brilliance to break them down, the only Scotland player capable of that spent most of the game on the bench!

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Hardly any of that team are on form for their clubs just now but that's no excuse. Really dreadful performance and there wasn't even 1 player who could get anywhere near pass marks.

Don't know what Brown is on about in that interview, that was miles worse than celtc in Malmo.

That's the problem :agree:

A few years ago we had top players in Champions league, EPL

We now have found out where we are.

Lower your expectations people

Hiber-nation

They've beat us before comfortably so why did you think they couldn't again? Honestly?

I'm as gutted as most but anyone who thought this was a guaranteed win needs to have a think

We drew in Poland and ran the Germans close. This lot are ranked 147th in the world FFS!!

HibbyKeith
Fletcher, Martin, Morrison,Hutton currently playing premiership football, so not exactly all championship and spl now is it? I don't think is to high expectations to actually compete and have chances against Georgia. I might need to monitor my tv viewing practices however, as your clearly watching me not watch international football apparently.

And the last I checked this #isnottwitter.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

flash
Nothing that a bit of Fairy liquid in a fountain won't fix.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2015, 06:11 PM
the Georgian FA have asked sepp blatter if they can play us every time....cheeky gits so they are

SquashedFrogg
I'm sure that's what all the commentators will be saying tomorrow then :aok: Good attempt, hard luck you plucky chaps.

Forget what they say. They get paid to critique. I tend to form my own opinions. I saw with my own eyes that we aren't good enough :aok:

I looked at the team before the match and worried.

Billy Whizz

You have a point, we have played well under Strachan. How many players in the Scotland play at the very top, none really. We need to regroup and look to take at least a point on Monday

Greenblood70
04-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Nothing that a bit of Fairy liquid in a fountain won't fix.

Ha ha that made me chuckle.

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 06:12 PM

27 years to answer your question. I never expected an easy win but I did expect Scotland to take the game to them and dictate the play. Tonight with toothless and if that's what you have come to expect that's your perogotive.

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:22 PM
27 years to answer your question. I never expected an easy win but I did expect Scotland to take the game to them and dictate the play. Tonight with toothless and if that's what you have come to expect that's your perogotive.

Well what I will say, is that after 27 years, you should know better than to "expect Scotland to take the game to them and dictate the play" in an away International.

I'm struggling to think when we last done that.

Again I'm disappointed like everyone else, but fail to see describe it as "embarrassing".

I've come to expect a sense of realism. We are where we are. I'd suggest you look at our team tonight and assess the clubs they play for. :agree:

Pete
04-09-2015, 06:26 PM
I don't blame the players. This is a result of our authorities collectively prioritising two things for decades: TV deals and the old ****ing firm.

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't blame the players. This is a result of our authorities collectively prioritising two things for decades: TV deals and the old ****ing firm.

:top marks

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Well what I will say, is that after 27 years, you should know better than to "expect Scotland to take the game to them and dictate the play" in an away International.

I'm struggling to think when we last done that.

Again I'm disappointed like everyone else, but fail to see describe it as "embarrassing".

I've come to expect a sense of realism. We are where we are. I'd suggest you look at our team tonight and assess the clubs they play for. :agree:

And how do our players domestic clubs compare to the Georgia players domestic clubs (genuine question because I don't know) . why shouldn't we take the game to them. ? We ended up with two sitting midfielders who done nothing that a center half could have done.waste of 2 jerseys and set the tone for the way the game played out

SquashedFrogg
04-09-2015, 06:39 PM
And how do our players domestic clubs compare to the Georgia players domestic clubs (genuine question because I don't know) . why shouldn't we take the game to them. ? We ended up with two sitting midfielders who done nothing that a center half could have done.waste of 2 jerseys and set the tone for the way the game played out

I'm not disagreeing about strategy or tactics. I've just watched enough European games and International games to know that these teams are no walkovers (and as a result can beat us).

Therefore not embarrassing.

The point I was making about domestic clubs is that Celtic, Watford, Cardiff, Blackburn, Sunderland, Hull etc are pretty crap. Why do you then expect them to "dictate a game" when they don't do that domestically?

West Ham and Southampton got emptied out the Europa league and they have much better players than the teams I've just mentioned. Celtic can't beat Killie who are the whipping boys of the league.

What do you expect? Strachan can only pee with the c*ck he's got. And just now it's a limp c*ck

chrisski33
04-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Fletcher, Martin, Morrison,Hutton currently playing premiership football, so not exactly all championship and spl now is it? I don't think is to high expectations to actually compete and have chances against Georgia. I might need to monitor my tv viewing practices however, as your clearly watching me not watch international football apparently.

And the last I checked this #isnottwitter.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

They arent thought they are the clubs bit be played regularly. Time to pick players who playing. Why not start griffiths who is form from the start?? Fletchee cannae get a game ffs at sinderland

chrisski33
04-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm not disagreeing about strategy or tactics. I've just watched enough European games and International games to know that these teams are no walkovers (and as a result can beat us).

Therefore not embarrassing.

The point I was making about domestic clubs is that Celtic, Watford, Cardiff, Blackburn, Sunderland, Hull etc are pretty crap. Why do you then expect them to "dictate a game" when they don't do that domestically?

West Ham and Southampton got emptied out the Europa league and they have much better players than the teams I've just mentioned. Celtic can't beat Killie who are the whipping boys of the league.

What do you expect? Strachan can only pee with the c*ck he's got. And just now it's a limp c*ck

Losing to georgia is embarrassing and you kinda attitude explains why we never beat them

Iain G
04-09-2015, 06:45 PM

My expectation would at least be we have some shots on target! Yes we arent all that good but we have proved to be good enough in this group to beat Georgia.

Big fail tonight.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Really poor result tonight and with two of our last three matches coming against Germany and Poland, I don't fancy our chances of qualifying now.

Tonight was practically a "must win".

renato
04-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Did anyone see Jobbie Neilson sitting on the Germany bench there?

That's why they're "famous" :greengrin

Carheenlea
04-09-2015, 06:53 PM
After a damaging result like that tonight I should be bitterly disappointed. Surprised to say it's not really bothered me at all. Not having Sky and bring able to watch may have something to do with it, but after a result that has a big bearing on whether we qualify or not, I really should be more affected. Might be my heart telling me just to stick to Hibs.

Scorrie
04-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Good start for Northern Ireland and Michael O'Neill. What a job he's doing

Gus
04-09-2015, 06:59 PM
They arent thought they are the clubs bit be played regularly. Time to pick players who playing. Why not start griffiths who is form from the start?? Fletchee cannae get a game ffs at sinderland

Martin, Morrison are big players for their clubs and play every week

Mr White
04-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Goal for the nordies at the faroes. Pub along the road is rocking.

Hiber-nation
04-09-2015, 07:02 PM
'Mon Gibraltar....

Golden Bear
04-09-2015, 07:03 PM
A very poor performance tonight. We had far too many players who were largely anonymous and I'm still if the opinion that the team should only feature guys who are regular picks for their Club sides.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Germany 2-0 up already

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Anyone know, apart from Scotland, what are the remaining games

renato
04-09-2015, 07:06 PM

dunfyhibby
04-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Martin, Morrison are big players for their clubs and play every week

Yeh they do, problem is they aren't very good!
Oh and they're English and shouldn't be picked for us!
Just my opinion though!😧

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 07:07 PM

Remember he got sent off for Scotland, think it was against Germany

Sir David Gray
04-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Good start for Northern Ireland and Michael O'Neill. What a job he's doing

The Faroes are around 70 places higher in the rankings than Georgia as well.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Anyone know, apart from Scotland, what are the remaining games

Germany

Scotland (a)
Ireland (a)
Georgia (h)

Poland

Gibraltar (h)
Scotland (a)
Ireland (h)

Ireland

Georgia (h)
Germany (h)
Poland (a)

Bishop Hibee
04-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Rubbish tonight. I thought the starting line up was positive but 1 attempt on goal is awful. Germany scooshing it so really can't see a result on Monday although I'll be there!

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Germany

Scotland (a)
Ireland (a)
Georgia (h)

Poland

Gibraltar (h)
Scotland (a)
Ireland (h)

Ireland

Georgia (h)
Germany (h)
Poland (a)

2nd looking hard now. However still a good chance of 3rd

chrisski33
04-09-2015, 07:32 PM
2nd looking hard now. However still a good chance of 3rd

We will finish 4th

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 07:35 PM
@tedermeatballs: Scotland's chartered plane hasn't turned up at the airport. Another SFA cock up. Players won't be back until 6am. Two days before Germany.

Thecat23
04-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Rubbish tonight. I thought the starting line up was positive but 1 attempt on goal is awful. Germany scooshing it so really can't see a result on Monday although I'll be there!

Starting line was a huge worry. Soon as I seen Fletcher and Naismith upfront I knew we'd struggle to score. Hutton again all over the place at times. Scott Brown may as well sit down he done nothing.

I'd like to see Gordon in goals, (Marshall is good but CG is better IMO) Griffith & Rhodes upfront. D. Fletcher instead of Brown and I'd have anyone or anything in place of Hutton.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2015, 07:36 PM

Spot on.

Hence why I find it difficult to support t ha national team.

Scorrie
04-09-2015, 07:37 PM
@tedermeatballs: Scotland's chartered plane hasn't turned up at the airport. Another SFA cock up. Players won't be back until 6am. Two days before Germany.

Not real surely? If it is that is very poor

MartinfaePorty
04-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Explain how Gordon instead of Marshall would have made a difference tonight?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
04-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Faroes beating N Ireland. Bad times for Michael O'Neill

Mr White
04-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Faroes beating N Ireland. Bad times for Michael O'Neill

It's 1 each??

lyonhibs
04-09-2015, 08:02 PM

Do elaborate. How many of tonight's starting XI play for the Old Firm? I count 2, Brown and Mulgrew.

liamh2202
04-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Do elaborate. How many of tonight's starting XI play for the Old Firm? I count 2, Brown and Mulgrew.

I think he means the SFA pandering to the of and TV companies instead of outing money and effort into youth and infrastructure

Thecat23
04-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Explain how Gordon instead of Marshall would have made a difference tonight?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That wasn't a dig at Marshall btw, I just think he's the better out the two and I'd start him Monday. He'd have made no difference at all in this game.

Mr White
04-09-2015, 08:14 PM
2 1 to Northern Ireland so it is.

SteveHFC
04-09-2015, 08:15 PM
2 1 to Northern Ireland so it is.

I'll be seething if all the home nations qualify and we don't.

The Harp Awakes
04-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Starting line was a huge worry. Soon as I seen Fletcher and Naismith upfront I knew we'd struggle to score. Hutton again all over the place at times. Scott Brown may as well sit down he done nothing.

I'd like to see Gordon in goals, (Marshall is good but CG is better IMO) Griffith & Rhodes upfront. D. Fletcher instead of Brown and I'd have anyone or anything in place of Hutton.

Couldn't agree more about the starting line up. Fair enough if we were playing Germany or Brazil away but it was Georgia FFS. Never many chances or goals coming from that line up.

Mr White
04-09-2015, 08:17 PM

I'd prefer as many as possible tbh. The disappointment of scotland missing out would be slightly offset a bit by norn iron wales and ROI being there actually. Kyle lafferty makes it 3 for NI.

B.H.F.C
04-09-2015, 08:31 PM

Looking pretty likely tbh.

We got the hardest group of all. But you only need to finish third to get a play off. If we can't even manage that I don't know when we'll ever qualify for anything wver again.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 08:32 PM
I'd prefer as many as possible tbh. The disappointment of scotland missing out would be slightly offset a bit by norn iron wales and ROI being there actually. Kyle lafferty makes it 3 for NI.

Why would anyone want ROI to make it?

Mr White
04-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Why would anyone want ROI to make it?

That's not what I said but to answer your question family links for one. I'd prefer we get there but if scotland fall short and say ROI pip us to third I'd like to see them make the championships. And if they did I'd take an interest as I'm half Irish myself.

Scorrie
04-09-2015, 08:37 PM
3-1 to Northern Ireland FT. Top of thier group. Well done Michael O'Neill

Billy Whizz
04-09-2015, 08:39 PM
That's not what I said but to answer your question family links for one. I'd prefer we get there but if scotland fall short and say ROI pip us to third I'd like to see them make the championships. And if they did I'd take an interest as I'm half Irish myself.

Comprende

Lago
04-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Think you can start seething

Stax
04-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Comprende
You supporting Spain then Billy :greengrin

ballengeich
04-09-2015, 09:09 PM

You might seethe. I'd be puzzled how something that's impossible could have happened.

Glory Lurker
04-09-2015, 09:11 PM
You might seethe. I'd be puzzled how something that's impossible could have happened.

How would it be impossible?

Edit - Homer smiley. What a clown. Sorry!

Alfred E Newman
04-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Couldn't agree more about the starting line up. Fair enough if we were playing Germany or Brazil away but it was Georgia FFS. Never many chances or goals coming from that line up.

So many managers favour the lone striker now no matter how poor the opposition. We played the lone striker against Stranraer which was rediculous, and the same set up tonight was asking for trouble.

Diclonius
04-09-2015, 09:36 PM

Not for me I'm afraid. Selfish on my part but I'm sick of seeing everyone else having a party whilst Scotland watch at home. Exactly the same as when Inverness beat Celtic in the semi final.

Brightside
04-09-2015, 10:30 PM

scotland have no game changers. a bunch of hard working average players. this is 100% down to SFA and the way grass roots players are not developed into real top class footballers. Brown has been poor for two years now, Fletcher is the most over hyped striker around and the defence would get slaughtered every week if they played for hibs. nothing changes with the blazers running the game.

Oh and those saying well done to other home nations....they are only there due to piss poor leagues they are in. They are all bang average.

Mr White
05-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Not for me I'm afraid. Selfish on my part but I'm sick of seeing everyone else having a party whilst Scotland watch at home. Exactly the same as when Inverness beat Celtic in the semi final.

Yeah there is that aspect I admit. I guess I've just lost any hope that I'll see scotland at a major finals again sadly. Still want them to do well but it doesn't hurt like it does with hibs when they fail anymore.

J-C
05-09-2015, 05:57 AM

I was working and never even bothered turning the radio on when I saw the starting line up, two guys up top who can't even get a start for their club teams and a Celtic striker on form sitting on the bench. Maloney as a starter really, 8 months at Chicago and came back to Hull, he's 32 now and past his best, what's the matter with Forrest, who's been playing really well for Celtic, also why was Armstrong and Mackay-Steven not anywhere near that team?

heretoday
05-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Fletch hasn't advanced much in playing terms since he left ER. He converts about one in five chances. It's a shame we don't have a Joe Jordan type any more.

JimBHibees
05-09-2015, 07:09 AM

Forrest is one dimensional and has to play wide. No idea where he was meant to be playing. Hutton atrocious player.

Ronniekirk
05-09-2015, 07:31 AM
They managed to get forward ,but until they scored their attempts at shots on goal were gash .The fact we couldn't stop thier attacks was a concern ,but we never looked like scoring ,dissapointing performance and typical Scotland .Most folk thought we would have enough to win this one ,and were concerned about the Germany game ,but that old adage of focusing on one game at a time wasn't applied in the sense that this group of players just didn't look focused on the task in hand and Georgia sensed we were there to be beaten and went for it .

Mr White
05-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Forrest is one dimensional and has to play wide. No idea where he was meant to be playing. Hutton atrocious player.

Forrest running the ball out for a goal kick under limited pressure pretty much summed up our weak attacking play yesterday.

Zazu62
05-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Scott Brown was abysmal last night just goes around kicking folk.. Last night I was thinking why not play somebody like Scott Allan? At least he would try and beat a man and make something happen.. It was only Georgia ffs have a go.. Play 2 upfront be a bit more daring.. Fletcher and Naismith are hardly playing first team football for there clubs.. Why no griffiths from the start? Where's Armstrong?

Strange set up we have. No chance we will qualify now last night was massive

Danderhall Hibs
05-09-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's funny that it seems the answer would be to get more Celtic players in the team.

Thief
05-09-2015, 08:15 AM
If you're playing a team that's likely to park the bus, you really have to go at them fast and hard from the start. Hearts did it last season, the rangers are doing it this season and Allan Stubbs intended doing it this season, but was hampered by injuries to key players who were part of that plan.
Common sense really, so what was strachan thinking about?
If you get that first goal, you've destroyed their plan A and can then dictate play.
Strachan was (to me) a breath of fresh air when he arrived as his teams attacked away from home far more than we had been used to, so why the change for last night? Struggling to understand it :-(

Beefster
05-09-2015, 08:30 AM

Folk need to lower their expectations. We can't expect our planes to turn up on time like the good teams.

NAE NOOKIE
05-09-2015, 09:09 AM
That was a disappointing performance, but you have to have a bit of sympathy for us overall. I doubt we could have got a harder group .. two of the best teams in Europe and what is in affect a derby match with the ROI. As it is, our performance away to Poland was as good an effort as I've seen from a Scotland team in many a long year. When you look at some of the other groups I have no doubt we would have been a good bet to qualify.

Unfortunately if Germany come to Hampden and play like they did in the first half last night they will blow us away, their passing and movement was fantastic :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Folk need to lower their expectations. We can't expect our planes to turn up on time like the good teams.

So the SFA couldn't give a flying one?

Hiber-nation
05-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's funny that it seems the answer would be to get more Celtic players in the team.

Who are either struggling with form or not getting a game for a very average celtc side.

xyz23jc
05-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Do Celtc PLC have any Scottish players? :wink: