View Full Version : No Game This Weekend?

7-Heaven
03-09-2015, 06:50 PM
There's probably an obvious an answer but why don't we have a game this weekend?

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 06:51 PM
International callups

7-Heaven
03-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Thank you

03-09-2015, 06:58 PM
Hate these breaks for internationals, waste of a Saturday imo, need my Hibs fix.

03-09-2015, 07:07 PM
McGinn, Cummings (both u-21s) and Martin (u-19s) have all been selected for Scotland so teams can cancel a game if three of their players are away on international duty.

03-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Hate these breaks for internationals, waste of a Saturday imo, need my Hibs fix.

:agree: Crap.

Don't even have Scotland to watch since they're playing tomorrow and Monday.

Really dreading this weekend.

03-09-2015, 07:15 PM

I`ll miss watching Hibs alright on Saturday, but it`s surely not that much of a hardship for one weekend :greengrin

03-09-2015, 07:22 PM

Go oot tae the pub, have a pint or ten, lose a fortune at the bookies, go home with a takeaway and fall oot with the Mrs. That'll sort ye oot 😀

03-09-2015, 07:22 PM
I`ll miss watching Hibs alright on Saturday, but it`s surely not that much of a hardship for one weekend :greengrin

Saturdays are boring for me when I don't have a game to go to. Going to the football is just what I do on a Saturday, I don't even like it too much when our game's on the Sunday so to not have any game at all during the weekend will be torture.

I'll have the tennis to watch from 4pm but up until then will be a bore.

03-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Saturdays are boring for me when I don't have a game to go to. Going to the football is just what I do on a Saturday, I don't even like it too much when our game's on the Sunday so to not have any game at all during the weekend will be torture.

There's not even any OF&H on UK Gold for you on Sat or Sun, must be a while since that's happened! :greengrin

03-09-2015, 07:49 PM
There's not even any OF&H on UK Gold for you on Sat or Sun, must be a while since that's happened! :greengrin

I know, I reckon I'll just need to start drinking as soon as I get in tomorrow night and keep going until Sunday lunch time. :greengrin

03-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a normal weekend to me! :aok:

03-09-2015, 07:59 PM
I see it's only our game that's off v Falkirk. The 4 other Championship games go ahead as planned. Thought Sevco would have cancelled:dunno:

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 08:02 PM
I see it's only our game that's off v Falkirk. The 4 other Championship games go ahead as planned. Thought Sevco would have cancelled:dunno:

They have decided to stop all their non selected players going instead .

03-09-2015, 09:17 PM

Warburton "negotiated" with several FAs to prevent several Sevco players from being called up by their country, so they don't have the required number of players (three) away on international duty to justify a postponement.

03-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Warburton "negotiated" with several FAs to prevent several Sevco players from being called up by their country, so they don't have the required number of players (three) away on international duty to justify a postponement.

Could turn out to be quite a smart psychological move if they pick up the three points.

03-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Could turn out to be quite a smart psychological move if they pick up the three points.

Possibly, just need to hope Raith Rovers are a wee bit better than they were last week.

03-09-2015, 10:00 PM
I would have preferred to play the game Martin wouldn't have been playing anyway. Dropping 9 points behind puts more pressure on us.

03-09-2015, 10:24 PM
I would have preferred to play the game Martin wouldn't have been playing anyway. Dropping 9 points behind puts more pressure on us.

Cummings is away as well.

03-09-2015, 10:24 PM

Cummings and McGinn are two vital members, not only of our squad, but also our first XI so playing without either of them would have been difficult, particularly away against a decent side like Falkirk which will be hard enough anyway, even with a full squad to choose from.

If we had been playing the likes of Alloa or Livingston on Saturday then perhaps we may have been tempted to play the match.

04-09-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure The Rangers are going to get any psychological advantage. We need to win each week it's as simple as that.

04-09-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure The Rangers are going to get any psychological advantage. We need to win each week it's as simple as that.

Excatly this.. 96 points still available so not worried how many any team goes ahead of us. 96 is achievable :greengrin

04-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Go and watch an amateur or youth game. Or East of Scotland or Junior match.

Plenty to go and see. Some fresh air and will kill a couple of hours.

Northern Hibby
04-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Could give our new, and currently injured, players some extra time?

04-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Could give our new, and currently injured, players some extra time?

Hopefully.......

04-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Cummings and McGinn are two vital members, not only of our squad, but also our first XI so playing without either of them would have been difficult, particularly away against a decent side like Falkirk which will be hard enough anyway, even with a full squad to choose from.

If we had been playing the likes of Alloa or Livingston on Saturday then perhaps we may have been tempted to play the match.

Frightening how far we have fallen.
Would like to see us playing this weekend regardless of the call-ups.

04-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Go and watch an amateur or youth game. Or East of Scotland or Junior match.

Plenty to go and see. Some fresh air and will kill a couple of hours.

Good post. Most Hibees don't go to away games. Follow the nearest team to your home when Hibs are away.

04-09-2015, 09:38 PM

Never mind, no doubt there will be plenty bleak mid week fixtures in December and January to make up for these International weekends.

05-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Frightening how far we have fallen.[QUOTE=number9dream;4460178]

Isn't it exactly the opposite? We're the only non top tier team with enough players representing our country that necessitates the game being postponed. Surely that means we're on the way back up?
Separately, is Henderson not away with Scotland also or does he not get selected now that he's actually playing?

05-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Get yourselves to Forrester Park to see Tranent Juniors.

Suns oot, taps aff.

05-09-2015, 11:25 AM

Great idea if we win.

Lose and everybody would have been saying what a stupid idea to play when we could have had a cancellation.

Four behind Falkirk as it is, if we played and lost it would have been seven.

Hibee Mac
05-09-2015, 12:06 PM
I see it as an extra week for our newest signings to gel with the rest of the squad.

Really hoping for Raith to provide an upset today...

05-09-2015, 12:10 PM
I see it as an extra week for our newest signings to gel with the rest of the squad.

Really hoping for Raith to provide an upset today...

Plus Falkirk are on a good run at the moment