PDA

View Full Version : Club shop merchandise

Argylehibby
03-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Folks, as many of you know, the recent launch of the 140th anniversary strip and Hands off Hibs tee shirt came about through a suggestion from fans being taken forward by a section of the Working Together Group. That sub group, consisting of fans and officials of the club now meet regularly with the aim if bringing merchandise into the shop that we the fans want to buy. Those initial 2 items have been a great success with close to 200 strips and 170 tee's being sold in less than 3 weeks so we want to move onto the next project.

We are now working on improving the range of ladies wear, which won't be difficult nor will it be pink! We also believe there is a gap in supply for toddlers and young kids. At the other end of that scale are those more mature, at least in terms of age, individuals who maybe want something with a more subtle branding that would be OK to wear in the clubhouse at Muirfield for example. Lastly we are looking at what you'd want to buy that special Hibby in your life as a stocking filler this Christmas.

We would however like some suggestions on what you would like to see in the shop. Or to be more accurate we'd like some suggestions on what you would like to buy from the shop. It doesn't have to sit in the categories above though, if there is something missing you think would be a big seller let us know.

A couple of things to bear in mind though;

We need to buy in bulk, if we can't sell all / most of it we lose cash so it has to be something that many people would want not just you.

Cost of raw materials pushing up the cost of the garment. that cashmere jersey may look great but we won't sell many at £90+ but we could sell a few lambs wool jerseys at half the price.

It's going to be on sale in the club shop so it cannot be rude or offensive, even to our city neighbours. Tee shirts with 6-2, 7-0 etc. may offend them but they are acceptable!

There are no prizes for the best idea, nor even a freebie if it ends up in the shop next month. There is however a great deal of pride seeing fellow supporters at Easter Road wearing something that you have helped in the creation of.

So any ideas welcome and if someone has already suggested an item you think would be ideal still put it forward, that way we will know how popular it's going to be.

Thanks

Edina Erin
03-09-2015, 12:36 PM
After strips and trainingwear, I struggle for things to buy my 7 year old.

Posters of the team photo for his room, Hibs bedding, or a light shade would be things that I'd happily buy.

hibbybob
03-09-2015, 12:42 PM
There have been a few comments re the lack of Hibs Tartan scarves on this forum over the last few years.

I'm sure they'd be a big seller if stocked.

Devonhibs
03-09-2015, 12:45 PM
I would certainly echo Edina in wanting to buy a Hibs crested duvet set, cotton mind, none of that polyester crap - too itchy and creates static electricity when you move, if you know what I mean:cb

hibbybob
03-09-2015, 12:45 PM
I also think we're missing an opportunity by not offering to frame share / HSL certificates.

Teo10
03-09-2015, 12:47 PM
Hibs Tartan Scarfs. I could garuantee they would be a big seller!!

A thread on here every few months of people wanting to buy some!

EDIT: Didn't see the above post, just hit reply as soon as I saw suggestions for items in the club store!

Coults1875
03-09-2015, 12:53 PM
There have been a few comments re the lack of Hibs Tartan scarves on this forum over the last few years.

This! I've been trying to get one for ages :aok:

green viper
03-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Hibs watches in the style of the ice watches would make a great present for birthdays and Xmas

sauzeelegod
03-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Merino wool V neck jumper with the Hibs crest.
Classic style.

Ozyhibby
03-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Hibs bedding, light shades etc.
More full size posters etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Minute
03-09-2015, 01:00 PM

They would sell. Had lots of mates ask me where they can buy them.

Argylehibby
03-09-2015, 01:22 PM

Good news on these that they are already in the pipeline!

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Sleeveless jumper with a subtle h or persevere ship etc so it can be worn at golf clubs. Also similar kids tee shirts as a lot of schools have banned football strips so something they could get away with for p.e lessons

hibs0666
03-09-2015, 01:35 PM
A range of mid-priced decent quality clothing where the logo is subtle and not in your face.

Thecat23
03-09-2015, 01:36 PM
After strips and trainingwear, I struggle for things to buy my 7 year old.

Posters of the team photo for his room, Hibs bedding, or a light shade would be things that I'd happily buy.

This. My son would love his room kited out in hibs stuff but the shop doesn't do it.

SON OF PADDY
03-09-2015, 01:45 PM
How about 140th Anniversary
Metal badge " Retro style "
Harp 1875-2015.

Kojock
03-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Full Team, Individual players and Stadium jigsaws.

Personalised signed and framed player photographs.

Birthday - To Argylehibby, Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day [Player Autograph].
Christmas - To Argylehibby, Merry Christmas, have a fantastic day. Best Wishes [Player Autograph].
Father's Day - To Argylehibby, Happy Father's Day, I hope you have a great day [Player Autograph].

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Hibs bedding, light shades etc.
More full size posters etc.

The full sized posters are a good idea ... I would imagine lots of kids would like a full size picture of the team for their bedroom wall, I cant ever remember seeing any in the shop.

I know I bang on about this, and its not a new product, ..... but would someone at Hibs please tell whoever does the photos for the calendar to please, please, try to take action pictures of the players with spectators in the background.

Hibs 2015 calendar:

Jan ...... Oxley, with a green exit door. Pernetreou, 4 people and a fence.
Feb ...... Craig, a white wall. Fontaine, green seats with not a fan to be seen.
Mar ...... Stevenson and Robertson, both pictures have some fans ... yahoo!
April ..... McGeouch, more empty green seats. Heffernan, one steward and another exit door.
May ...... Kennedy, loads of fans ( hearts fans !! ) Sinclair, possibly 5 blurry Hibs fans.
June ..... Hanlon, 2 blurry fans and another white wall. Booth, 2 blurry objects, looks like it was taken in a public park.
July ...... Stubs ..... fair enough, you don't need crowd shots for the manager.
Aug ...... Forster, a breeze block wall. L Allan, 3 fans.
Sept ..... El Alagui, the side wall of a stand. Cummings, that picture 'was' taken in a public park.
Oct ....... S Allan, another white wall. Gray, 5 fans and a bored looking ball boy.
Nov ...... Harris, nearly a crowd shot, ya beezer. Malonga, an actual honest to goodness crowd shot that actually says, professional footballer.
Dec ...... Stanton, you could take a similar picture of a Gala Fairydean player at Netherdale. Handling, another decent crowd shot, of more Hearts fans.

To be blunt, its simply amateurish and not bloody good enough. The club ( I presume ) pay through the nose to have a photography business with thousands of pounds worth of equipment take these pictures. Surely to goodness they could take snaps that make it look like the players involved play for a professional football club with crowds who watch them. It does ma nut in every bloody year !!!

sadtom
03-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Thought about this a while back.
I assume it would need to be 'cleared' with the brand owner, perhaps them getting their 'cut'.
I would like to see Hibernian Top Trumps.
I think it is 40 cards in a pack.
So 10 from post war up to '59. 10 from 60's/70's. 10 from 80's/90's and 10 from 2000's
Not sure but i think there are 6 categories, so could have 1-appearances. 2- Goals. 3-International caps. 4 - speed, height,skill or strength (or some 'physical attribute). 5. Overall rating (as a %). 6 - Hibbee cult or legend status (again as a %).
Perhaps There could be 50 nominated for each era and an online vote taken to see which 10 get selected from each era.
Of course they should be sold at Seven pounds - Zero pence. :greengrin

Fergos
03-09-2015, 02:03 PM
On a retro / classic tip....

White ts with classic black and white shots of Hibernian legends / moments....Stanton lifting the league cup....see my avatar...lol....Reilly, Ormond, Mixu doing the highland jig 6-2.......the shot of Rob Jones after scoring in the final under the snow....

Classic pics also....for inspiration here go to the Hibs pix webpage they have some great stuff.

GGTTH

Green Cabbage 7
03-09-2015, 02:03 PM
How about selling footie boots and trainers, or having a boot corner in the shop!

Craig_HFC
03-09-2015, 02:07 PM
I was actually thinking today, after noticing someone in my office with an Arsenal one, that I wouldn't mind a Hibs lanyard.

Green Cabbage 7
03-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Oh for the ladies, bags belts, etc...

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Good quality white round neck t shirts, (not fruit of the loom crap quality) with a smaller badge in white. No sponsors logo splashed over it please.

They will never go out of fashion and will always sell EVERY season, surely just a case of ordering more when they run out?

And the same in polo shirts, but they have to be better quality than the polyester rubbish we currently sell. I used to spend lots almost every time i went in, couldnt find one item i would wear the other week.

Vini1875
03-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Some Erin Go Bragh merchandise.

lord bunberry
03-09-2015, 02:17 PM
I was actually thinking today, after noticing someone in my office with an Arsenal one, that I wouldn't mind a Hibs lanyard.
I've already got one of those, I got it from the shop a few years ago. I couldn't tell you if they still sell them though.

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Some Erin Go Bragh merchandise.

I'm sure you will find stuff like that in the fai shop ;)

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Good quality white round neck t shirts, (not fruit of the loom crap quality) with a smaller badge in white. No sponsors logo splashed over it please.

They will never go out of fashion and will always sell EVERY season, surely just a case of ordering more when they run out?

And the same in polo shirts, but they have to be better quality than the polyester rubbish we currently sell. I used to spend lots almost every time i went in, couldnt find one item i would wear the other week.

Totally agree BH it may be an idea to protect polos etc from the sponsorship contract as things like that will only sell if they are good quality.

hibbybob
03-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Not exactly Hibs but Peoples Republic Of Leith T-shirts would be popular.

Not the ***** you can buy from some shops in Leith Walk or on eBay - the old originals.

I still have one from way back but it's seen better days - in more ways than one!! :flag:

jacomo
03-09-2015, 02:20 PM
I thought the HFC Original line was quite good.

A line of ltd edition t shirts along those lines would be good, like the Sproule one that ripped off Superdry. A good way of celebrating memorable moments or cult figures.

adhibs
03-09-2015, 02:21 PM
i liked the pint glasses with the crest last time i was in but wasnt paying the price. Dunno if looking at a different supplier is a possibility? you can get brewery marked ones for less half the price and i doubt there ordering them in that huge quantities either

Greencore
03-09-2015, 03:11 PM
We need to make a new football cd, mentions Stevie Crawford and Alex MacLeish 😂 we need to move with the times and put some atmosphere in the stadium with catchy new songs while keeping fans favourites of course.

garys
03-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Being a bit on the "large" side, [emoji15] I have to say, the brands of clothing, even the 3xl are small made. Can different makes be sourced? No wise cracks of going on a diet!! [emoji1] I'm trying!!

Just Alf
03-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Being a bit on the "large" side, [emoji15] I have to say, the brands of clothing, even the 3xl are small made. Can different makes be sourced? No wise cracks of going on a diet!! [emoji1] I'm trying!!

THIS! :greengrin

as an aside... i always noticed it's the err....um....... larger sizes that sell out 1st..... generally when a sale or clearance etc kicks off there's never any fat "B" sizes available.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Surprised the club shop doesn't sell a small range of confectionary etc, would be a steady income stream. Remember they used to do a green popcorn, wouldn't be too hard to find a supplier to make a small run in polypropylene

Franck Stanton
03-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Have to agree with the post re sizes , need to get bigger sizes in , also, as I am an old git and play bowls have been trying to get bowls stickers with the club crest on them, I have seen them in the past but there are none in the shop.

monkeyboy1875
03-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Strips and tracksuits for under 6 year olds - this shouldn't even need to be suggested, should be a given.

Things for bedrooms eg duvet covers, curtains, lampshades etc

Pyjamas and slippers coming up to Xmas time could be a good shout. Thinking of bairns, but this could be popular with adults too.

SuperAllyMcleod
03-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Oh for the ladies, bags belts, etc...

What a relief, I thought you were going to say tea towels, oven gloves and dusters for a second!

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 04:36 PM
What a relief, I thought you were going to say tea towels, oven gloves and dusters for a second!

Stand back and watch the fireworks :)

P.s iron board covers would be a goldmine

andy1875
03-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Hibs golf gear would go down well imo.

Balls, teas, markers, umbrellas right through to jumpers, waterproofs etc.

Almost certain there is no golf gear in the shop at all now.

silverhibee
03-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Strips and tracksuits for under 6 year olds - this shouldn't even need to be suggested, should be a given.

Things for bedrooms eg duvet covers, curtains, lampshades etc

Pyjamas and slippers coming up to Xmas time could be a good shout. Thinking of bairns, but this could be popular with adults too.

As you say, "this shouldn't even need to be suggested" but it has to, they are the future of the club and you can't even get a strip for your young kid/grandkid, needs to be sorted.

Might buy a nice housecoat, to go with the Hibs slippers, I'll give the PJs a miss. :greengrin

Hannah_hfc
03-09-2015, 04:45 PM
What about nightwear like dressing gowns or pj bottoms to lounge around in?

In San Francisco last year bought a pair of pj bottoms from the Giants clubstore (black/orange plaid and cotton). Super comfy and only ever don't wear them at home when they're in the wash!

Would definitely buy a Hibs pair of them, even if they came with a tshirt to make a pj set.

Sounds random but if they were comfy, I couldn't imagine them not being popular!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2015, 04:49 PM
They don't even stock season ticket wallets anymore. Let's get them back, the cheap ones and a leather version.

silverhibee
03-09-2015, 04:49 PM

Sure they sell golf balls. :greengrin

Hannah_hfc
03-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Might buy a nice housecoat, to go with the Hibs slippers, I'll give the PJs a miss. :greengrin

Just noticed your post as soon as I posted mine, puts my suggestion to shame haha! :greengrin

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

HONG KONG PHOOEY
03-09-2015, 04:56 PM
I've been trying to get a lanyard for a couple of months but they have sold out and not restocked. Hopefully they will be back soon. Many moons ago I got a polo shirt with Hibernian FC in really fancy writing, no sponsor or polo shirt maker on it. It looked fantastic, simple and did not run out of date when we changed the sponsor or top maker.

MSK
03-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Sure they sell golf balls. :greengrinAnd they also sold bowls stickers 😃

Hibs90
03-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't mind my order to be processed:rolleyes:

The Weeman's Mum
03-09-2015, 05:10 PM
I agree that there should be more products for sale in the Shop that caters to all ages and sizes. Bedding, lamp shades, curtains, blinds, etc with the Club Logo would be popular with everyone, not just Kids. The same applies to nightwear, robes, onesies, slippers.

There is also a product gap for Hibs fans who are teenagers and young adults. One thing that a lot of kids wear are Snapback hats. They don't want to wear a baseball cap, that is not the fashion of today.

Jewellery is something that is also something that can be revamped. Not everyone wants to wear Silver rings or watches. Perhaps, other items, such as wrist bands, (other than the bands we had on sale a few years ago), chains, pendants, that both male and female wear.

Phone, Ipad, Laptop,and Tablet cases, is also something that is lacking.

I realize that we have to stock our sponsor's items, but they are expansive. Even the other brand is not cheap and not particularly liked by some teenage fans. Not fashionable.

More clothing for the female supporters, not Pink either. Home decorations are also something that can be sold. Posters, photos with a fan in it (as we did 2 seasons ago), banners, door signs for bedrooms.

Most important, ask the younger fans what they would like to see. They are the future and us parents spend a fortune on products that are Hibs related.

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2015, 05:15 PM
And they also sold bowls stickers 😃

I bought plenty of them still got a few sets too.

IanM
03-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Hibs cutlery so I could spoon Malonga every night

silverhibee
03-09-2015, 05:16 PM
And they also sold bowls stickers 

They also sold bed sets, still got one somewhere, lamp shades, bed side lamps, Gilzean paintings were the best though, long before the Hibs shop though.

MSK
03-09-2015, 05:21 PM
I bought plenty of them still got a few sets too.They initially just sold the green stickers and eventually started selling the White ones too, look quite snazzy on the bowling green 😃

MSK
03-09-2015, 05:23 PM
They also sold bed sets, still got one somewhere, lamp shades, bed side lamps, Gilzean paintings were the best though, long before the Hibs shop though.Beach towels too, got one a couple of weeks ago, will be on display in Turkey next week 😃

Keith_M
03-09-2015, 05:26 PM
My favourite T-Shirt is one that was bought for me in the Club Shop. It's mottled grey and has Hibernian and the Hibs badge on the front in dark green. It's done in a kind of US University style.

I like it because it's a bit more subtle than just all over bright green and is also decent quality cotton, not polyester.

I'd like to see a bit more of this type of casual wear that's not just for match days and isn't cheap looking.

HibeeHutch
03-09-2015, 05:49 PM
1. A simple, stylish, well-fitted baseball cap (not bulky or cheap looking) with a small harp, castle or current badge on the front or side of the cap...

2. As above but a winter, wool hat design...

3. Retro scarves like our dads/grandads used to have. I found a great one via Amazon US via China, which is very much like the one my dad used to have. Green with two thin vertical white stripes down the middle...

*Glad to see this initiative take shape - much needed!

HH

Jaz
03-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Stuff for summer holidays.....

Hibs crested swimming trunks, flip flops, vests, cargo shorts, bucket hats, baseball caps.

McD
03-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Plain cotton tshirts and polos with the club crest on the chest, or a sleeve reference to the club would be good, only if decent quality though. These also don't need to be updated too often as they aren't referencing sponsors or shirt manufacturers. Same with shorts.

i quite like some of the Nike gear but it's way too expensive, if they were cheaper perhaps they'd sell a lot better.

Decent quality at decent prices, I often look for clothes I could take on holiday and rarely buy because it looks cheap and nasty or it's very expensive.

A broad range of key rings, used to be able to get loads of different ones but hardly see one in the shop these days.

Little niknak things as gifts like coin banks, pennants, pens, pencil cases, relatively cheap but nice as stocking fillers etc.

McD
03-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Stuff for summer holidays.....

Hibs crested swimming trunks, flip flops, vests, cargo shorts, bucket hats, baseball caps.

Definitely agree

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2015, 06:04 PM
They initially just sold the green stickers and eventually started selling the White ones too, look quite snazzy on the bowling green 😃

Yes bought both types, haven't used them this season on my new green bowls. :-)

Carheenlea
03-09-2015, 07:29 PM

They still had golf towels last week - white, with small Hibs crest and attachment for golf bag. Very smart.

As for bedding, last season they were punting a single duvet set for an eye watering £49.99. That`s probably a reason not for stocking now as so few would be keen to part with that kind of cash for a kids duvet cover. Can only imagine what laughable price would be charged for curtains etc.

liamh2202
03-09-2015, 07:34 PM
They still had golf towels last week - white, with small Hibs crest and attachment for golf bag. Very smart.

As for bedding, last season they were punting a single duvet set for an eye watering £49.99. That`s probably a reason not for stocking now as so few would be keen to part with that kind of cash for a kids duvet cover. Can only imagine what laughable price would be charged for curtains etc.

I missed the towel. Will have to have a look online

Argylehibby
03-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks folks, some cracking suggestions on here, keep them coming.

Some of the stuff like tartan scarfs, ladies wear, PJ's etc. are already being researched / ordered but lots of new ideas on here and a similar thread on the bounce which we will definitely look at in the weeks / months ahead. One message that' coming over loud and clear though is we want "quality" so that message will be given to the club.

tamig
03-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Folks, as many of you know, the recent launch of the 140th anniversary strip and Hands off Hibs tee shirt came about through a suggestion from fans being taken forward by a section of the Working Together Group. That sub group, consisting of fans and officials of the club now meet regularly with the aim if bringing merchandise into the shop that we the fans want to buy. Those initial 2 items have been a great success with close to 200 strips and 170 tee's being sold in less than 3 weeks so we want to move onto the next project.

We are now working on improving the range of ladies wear, which won't be difficult nor will it be pink! We also believe there is a gap in supply for toddlers and young kids. At the other end of that scale are those more mature, at least in terms of age, individuals who maybe want something with a more subtle branding that would be OK to wear in the clubhouse at Muirfield for example. Lastly we are looking at what you'd want to buy that special Hibby in your life as a stocking filler this Christmas.

We would however like some suggestions on what you would like to see in the shop. Or to be more accurate we'd like some suggestions on what you would like to buy from the shop. It doesn't have to sit in the categories above though, if there is something missing you think would be a big seller let us know.

We need to buy in bulk, if we can't sell all / most of it we lose cash so it has to be something that many people would want not just you.

Cost of raw materials pushing up the cost of the garment. that cashmere jersey may look great but we won't sell many at £90+ but we could sell a few lambs wool jerseys at half the price.

It's going to be on sale in the club shop so it cannot be rude or offensive, even to our city neighbours. Tee shirts with 6-2, 7-0 etc. may offend them but they are acceptable!

There are no prizes for the best idea, nor even a freebie if it ends up in the shop next month. There is however a great deal of pride seeing fellow supporters at Easter Road wearing something that you have helped in the creation of.

So any ideas welcome and if someone has already suggested an item you think would be ideal still put it forward, that way we will know how popular it's going to be.

Thanks
Can I suggest that the fans get some input as part of your Lets Work Together meets on future kit designs?

Stax
03-09-2015, 07:56 PM

We bought our son (10 at the time) the duvet cover & pillow case a couple of seasons ago. He was chuffed to bits but looked like a wee skinny version of the hulk when he woke up in the morning :greengrin The dye leached out until after about 5 washes.. Still has it now mind and still his favourite. As others have said the hibs tartan scarves always go down well, but I preferred the older style tartan. Good work though mate, good to gather feedback like you say.

sixtwo
03-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Not sure if they already sell them or not but a cheap item to stock would be large posters for kids walls. Club could probably do all that in house and sell them for £5 each.

Jay
03-09-2015, 09:46 PM
We bought our son (10 at the time) the duvet cover & pillow case a couple of seasons ago. He was chuffed to bits but looked like a wee skinny version of the hulk when he woke up in the morning :greengrin The dye leached out until after about 5 washes.. Still has it now mind and still his favourite. As others have said the hibs tartan scarves always go down well, but I preferred the older style tartan. Good work though mate, good to gather feedback like you say.

Same thing happened to my son, he wasn't quite as fluorescent in the mornings after half a dozen washes but still had a green tinge even after I boil washed the cover trying to get rid of the last of the dye. I eventually binned it after about six months.

Capt Mainwaring
03-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Framed pictures and memorabilia - current and retro. Players, Hibs scenes , programmes and magic moments type thing

Bishop Hibee
03-09-2015, 10:04 PM
A full "back to school" kit inc pencil case, backpack etc. Seemed to be bits and pieces when I was in getting stuff in May.

Agree with the Hibs bedroom themed stuff. For kids of course 😉

I wear my Hibs cuff links with pride and I loved my Hibs crest bottle opener until it was nicked 😡

Hibs slippers 👍🏻

mca
03-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Tartan Lamb-Wool Scarves.. Made by Glenmuir Again would be Nice.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Would Settle For Pringle.. :wink:

1875STEVE
03-09-2015, 10:16 PM
A replica of the 1876 hooped strip is an absolute must IMO.

matty_f
03-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Swimming shorts would be good. Also a green polo shirt with white sleeves, no hibs badge on, so you can wear it to workplaces with 'no football shirt' rules.

Stax
03-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Tartan Lamb-Wool Scarves.. Made by Glenmuir Again would be Nice.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Would Settle For Pringle.. :wink:
Or a wee cashmere number :agree:

superfurryhibby
03-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Gimp mask, nipple clamps and cod piece.

Failing that, I want a replica League Cup 1972 poster, reproduced from the Evening News that was on my wall for most of my childhood/teens.

FranckSuzy
03-09-2015, 10:34 PM
I would love to see birthday/celebration cakes for sale in the shop. Can't be too difficult to arrange a tie-in with a local (quality) bakery, with Hibs getting a percentage. Or small-ish cupcakes, that could be an impulse buy, if the Hibby in your life had a promotion, big day etc coming up.

Also, fridge magnets are relatively inexpensive and may prove popular with visitors. On a recent tour of the Groningen stadium, IIRC they had a very well-stocked souvenir section and they sold all manner of club-related items :aok:

There is also a company who arranges photo shoots with Hibs themed items. Don't think they're official so it could be another revenue stream :wink:

3pm
03-09-2015, 10:37 PM
I would love to see birthday/celebration cakes for sale in the shop. Can't be too difficult to arrange a tie-in with a local (quality) bakery, with Hibs getting a percentage. Or small-ish cupcakes, that could be an impulse buy, if the Hibby in your life had a promotion, big day etc coming up.

Also, fridge magnets are relatively inexpensive and may prove popular with visitors. On a recent tour of the Groningen stadium, IIRC they had a very well-stocked souvenir section and they sold all manner of club-related items :aok:

There is also a company who arranges photo shoots with Hibs themed items. Don't think they're official so it could be another revenue stream :wink:

And crisps. :rolleyes:

HappyAsHellas
03-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Couldn't we do some photo's of the fans in their seats at ER? You give them your seat number and they take your photo when we score or something. The younger folk I take to the games are always looking to see if they're in any pictures taken at games. Why not organise it, it might do well.

P.S. You can pixelate my puss out of it, in fact, I demand it!

Real Emerald
03-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Couldn't we do some photo's of the fans in their seats at ER? You give them your seat number and they take your photo when we score or something. The younger folk I take to the games are always looking to see if they're in any pictures taken at games. Why not organise it, it might do well.

P.S. You can pixelate my puss out of it, in fact, I demand it!
Don't take a photo of me, am aye moanin in them. As for the bedding, rubber sheets for the Hibs.net bedwetters please hehe.

All good stuff, liking the ideas.

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2015, 11:02 PM

Thanks

Coming at it from the other direction, does the club know what items it can make the most mark-up from?

If I'm going to spend £x on stocking-fillers at Christmas then I'm going to spend £x and I'm not particularly fussed as to what I get, I just want child-appropriate, Hibs-branded stuff, the kids will like it regardless, but ideally as much of that £x as possible is profit for the club to re-invest.

So as long as it's reasonable quality and a realistic price, then no problem. Likewise, if it's a choice between some clothing or the duvet set for the same amount, I'm probably happy to go for the one that gives the club the bigger return.

Not sure how the club presents that to fans as it would mean fans were given an awareness of the difference between what Hibs were paying for a product and then charging us. Undoubtedly there would be some people who were disgruntled, there always are :greengrin

Nevertheless it would be very transparent.

Glasgow Hibee
03-09-2015, 11:13 PM

That's a great idea Steve. I'd buy one of those even though my days of wearing a normal football top are well gone.

I liked the "Since 1875" branded stuff from years ago. It was appropriate for all occasions as, over here in the west of Scotland, the only people who realised what it meant were fellow hibbies. I enjoyed that it was like a secret sign that only those in the know understood.

Slicer
04-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Kids

The kids of today need brainwashed, as I was. Hit them with school backpacks, pencil cases, water bottles, pencils, rubbers (erasers), woolly hats, gloves, wallets, phone covers, shin pads, boot bags, snapbacks, duvet sets, club crest borders for wallpaper, lampshades, pendants, A1 posters of players in action (preferably with fans in the background), stadium posters, club annuals, end of season review DVDs (this can be done in-house surely? supply and demand?), Baby gear.

Pictures

Professional framed shots of Easter Road stadium (match day, sunset, from the air, sunshine on Leith etc.) Iconic pictures from the past (Jones fist in the air, Stanton controlling the ball at training, Famous Five training, the '91 cup winning photo, O'Connor last minute derby, Sproule held up at Ibrox), framed lyrics to GGTTH.

Holidays

The new strips should be released BEFORE the school holidays begin. Holiday gear also, tank tops, beach towels, bucket hats, shorts.

Clothing

Club ties, Good quality plain tees and polos with club crest, golf jumpers, woolly hats, socks, 1970's 'Stanton' jumper with no number on the back.

Scarfs/Flags

Hibs tartan scarfs, old school green and white two tone scarfs, old school green and white scarfs with a thin line down the white section (black or purple depending on away colours), thin retro scarfs, novelty scarfs (Allez Allez Au, ASGAWA, We are Hibernian FC, Do Do Do Dominique Malonga), selection of flags with the crest or plain ones like the Nigeria flag or Green/White/Green horizontal flags.

Misc.

Crest Mugs, Crest drinking glasses, pin lapels/badges, keyrings, bottle openers, cuff links, pens, season card wallet, credit card sized fixture list.

HoboHarry
04-09-2015, 02:24 AM

I searched before hoping to find a Hibs driver cover - the showpiece of every golf bag being Hibs would be fantastic......

Pete
04-09-2015, 02:59 AM
The new strips should be released BEFORE the school holidays begin.

:agree:

Maybe not relevant as far as shop content is concerned but I've been saying this for years. Get a full range of home and away strips for adults and kids released in plenty time for the EDINBURGH trades.

There is no need for this constant, stupid delay whatsoever. People want the new strip to take on holiday so give them it. Other clubs do it.

I can only blame the dithering idiots who were previously in charge and I expect that we will see changes.

Slicer
04-09-2015, 03:06 AM
:agree:

Maybe not relevant as far as shop content is concerned but I've been saying this for years. Get a full range of home and away strips for adults and kids strips released in plenty time for the EDINBURGH trades.

There is no need for this constant, stupid delay whatsoever. People want the new strip to take on holiday so give them it. Other clubs do it.

I can only blame the dithering idiots who were previously in charge and I expect that we will see changes.

Correct. The fact that we have been asked on next season's shade of green suggests it is already in the pipeline. It could also be worn on the last game/televised game of the season.

Iggy Pope
04-09-2015, 05:22 AM
Programme binders.
Bit steeply priced, but they had them last year. Collectors appreciate them.

BoomtownHibees
04-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Stadium models

Northern Hibby
04-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Cufflinks where nice and subtle

Bostonhibby
04-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Does anyone remember the trainspotting love life style T shirts that used to be around in the 90's? Big block of words in green on the front. Famous five, seven nil, Turnbull's tornadoes etc plus a few more subtle things as well. Used to have one but long gone. Might be a popular design again?

Real Emerald
04-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Correct. The fact that we have been asked on next season's shade of green suggests it is already in the pipeline. It could also be worn on the last game/televised game of the season.

Should also be ready to go on sale just in case we get to the Scottish Cup Final. I've always though the club could have made a mint selling the new strips for previous finals. They would sell thousands more.

Torto7062
04-09-2015, 09:43 AM
What about things like Leith Lynx cuddly toys be great for Xmas pressies....
Room door Nameplates with the stadium in the background...
A decent CD with Hibs songs and other football type songs...no football coming home though.....
Run a monthly draw for a kid to join in a training session with the 1st team etc

1875STEVE
04-09-2015, 11:35 AM
That's a great idea Steve. I'd buy one of those even though my days of wearing a normal football top are well gone.

I liked the "Since 1875" branded stuff from years ago. It was appropriate for all occasions as, over here in the west of Scotland, the only people who realised what it meant were fellow hibbies. I enjoyed that it was like a secret sign that only those in the know understood.

The club got a one of made for a display in the shop a few years back.

It was absolutely stunning, I asked then if they would sell it, and they said at the time, that they didn't think it would sell, due to the whole hoops and Celtic connection.

I asked where they got it, they said TOFFS, so I went on their website, they didn't have it, so I emailed them, they said it had cost Hibs a fair bit, and they had thought about selling them, but Hibs had put them off with the whole Celtic thing

I asked how much it would be to get one made, one off, they wanted £100 plus P&P, out me off.

Kojock
04-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Spectacle case.

EHZERO7
04-09-2015, 01:13 PM
A re-print of the poster that came out after the 1972 League Cup Win. Class

Been a long time now looking for a replacement for my original that got ruined.

I have started collecting team photos from each season so old team groups would be nice :wink:

greenlex
04-09-2015, 01:21 PM
The full sized posters are a good idea ... I would imagine lots of kids would like a full size picture of the team for their bedroom wall, I cant ever remember seeing any in the shop.

I know I bang on about this, and its not a new product, ..... but would someone at Hibs please tell whoever does the photos for the calendar to please, please, try to take action pictures of the players with spectators in the background.

Hibs 2015 calendar:

Jan ...... Oxley, with a green exit door. Pernetreou, 4 people and a fence.
Feb ...... Craig, a white wall. Fontaine, green seats with not a fan to be seen.
Mar ...... Stevenson and Robertson, both pictures have some fans ... yahoo!
April ..... McGeouch, more empty green seats. Heffernan, one steward and another exit door.
May ...... Kennedy, loads of fans ( hearts fans !! ) Sinclair, possibly 5 blurry Hibs fans.
June ..... Hanlon, 2 blurry fans and another white wall. Booth, 2 blurry objects, looks like it was taken in a public park.
July ...... Stubs ..... fair enough, you don't need crowd shots for the manager.
Aug ...... Forster, a breeze block wall. L Allan, 3 fans.
Sept ..... El Alagui, the side wall of a stand. Cummings, that picture 'was' taken in a public park.
Oct ....... S Allan, another white wall. Gray, 5 fans and a bored looking ball boy.
Nov ...... Harris, nearly a crowd shot, ya beezer. Malonga, an actual honest to goodness crowd shot that actually says, professional footballer.
Dec ...... Stanton, you could take a similar picture of a Gala Fairydean player at Netherdale. Handling, another decent crowd shot, of more Hearts fans.

To be blunt, its simply amateurish and not bloody good enough. The club ( I presume ) pay through the nose to have a photography business with thousands of pounds worth of equipment take these pictures. Surely to goodness they could take snaps that make it look like the players involved play for a professional football club with crowds who watch them. It does ma nut in every bloody year !!!

Someone on the PM board suggested to post this here. She will be a Hibby long after all the players featured in the calender are gone.

Carheenlea
04-09-2015, 01:31 PM
A re-print of the poster that came out after the 1972 League Cup Win. Class

Been a long time now looking for a replacement for my original that got ruined.

I have started collecting team photos from each season so old team groups would be nice :wink:

A very good suggestion indeed. The poster featured in Trainspotting, adorning Renton's bedroom wall. I think this would be a popular item.

CallumLaidlaw
04-09-2015, 01:38 PM
A pocket money section would go down well I think. Things like yo-yo's, playing cards (the top trumps idea is great - each season they could produce a top up pack with current players), stickers. I remember you used to be able to buy signed photos of individual players in the shop too.
A decent sized poster for my sons room would be well recieved. If they could do a few different ones - a current squad picture, but then also ones with more "classic" images - the stadium, the crest, Hibs kits through the ages, Rob Jones scoring at Hampden, Ivan at Ibrox, etc, I'm sure they would be cheap enough to produce and would sell well.

When we were doing up my sons room, he was desperate for a Hibs lamp shade, but we had to end up getting a normal football one.

Things that now seem to be able to be bought on ebay and the like are skins for sky remotes, Xbox & playstation remotes. Must be pretty cheap to produce and I'm sure people would pick them up for birthday & christmas presents.

Hibernia&Alba
04-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Hibs silk ties; perhaps a few different designs.

Some great ideas in his thread, though I'm not sure about the gimp mask and cod piece. Hearts have copyright on those.

wpj
04-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Merino wool V neck jumper with the Hibs crest.
Classic style.

Class, also a thin knitted tie with subtle badge?

Craig_HFC
04-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Hibs silk ties; perhaps a few different designs.

Some great ideas in his thread, though I'm not sure about the gimp mask and cod piece. Hearts have copyright on those.

Yes but the Saviles only sell those items to under 16's.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Someone on the PM board suggested to post this here. She will be a Hibby long after all the players featured in the calender are gone.

Hibs Ladies calendar ... Could raise a few bob for their team and its just got to be better to look at :greengrin

Toilet rolls with the Hertz badge on every sheet ......... would sell in huge numbers :devil:

FranckSuzy
04-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Can we please ensure that the new baby wear has Hibs on it and not Hib's as I have seen recently....?!

Bostonhibby
04-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Hibs Ladies calendar ... Could raise a few bob for their team and its just got to be better to look at :greengrin

Toilet rolls with the Hertz badge on every sheet ......... would sell in huge numbers :devil:

Bet a RP luxury velvet version would give it a good run for its money :wink:

GreenT
04-09-2015, 07:31 PM
I'd love "since 1875" range to come back. It was so subtle that I was able to wear it to work on casual Fridays

1875STEVE
05-09-2015, 02:19 PM

Couldn't find it when I first replied.

Here's a pic of the one off that Hibs had made. :aok:

dp00
05-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Something decent to buy my 7month old, if the club shop had anything for him in terms of strips ect I would have got him the lot, instead they haven't got a penny of my money as the only thing they had was a baby grow his uncle got him

jacomo
05-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Can we please ensure that the new baby wear has Hibs on it and not Hib's as I have seen recently....?!

Seriously? Unforgivable.

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Decent framed photos of the stadium etc.

There was a great picture of ER at night on the website a while back. I ended up buying a similar one elsewhere. Hibs/the photographer missed a tick there as there was a thread on here with loads of people wanting to buy that photo.

I think the key is quality. Often football merchandise seems like overpriced gear that is poor quality. I'd happily pay a bit more if I was getting a quality item.

FranckSuzy
05-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Seriously? Unforgivable.

:agree: Unfortunately.....

I pointed it out to Russell Smith last year when I noticed them online and have had to do it again this year (to Greig Mailer this time) as in the last couple of weeks alone, I've seen two pics of babies with Hib's on their baby grows....:rolleyes:

Edit: just checked the fishy shop online are there are no offending articles on there. Hopefully all of the incorrect items have been sold, erm, I mean binned :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
05-09-2015, 06:32 PM
:agree: Unfortunately.....

I pointed it out to Russell Smith last year when I noticed them online and have had to do it again this year (to Greig Mailer this time) as in the last couple of weeks alone, I've seen two pics of babies with Hib's on their baby grows....:rolleyes:

Edit: just checked the fishy shop online are there are no offending articles on there. Hopefully all of the incorrect items have been sold, erm, I mean binned :greengrin

Maybe not online but they must still have them in the shop as my 6 week old daughter got one bought for her http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/05/c8e9e4a7ec9dc85abdc5a2856ad80bd2.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Maybe not online but they must still have them in the shop as my 6 week old daughter got one bought for her http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/05/c8e9e4a7ec9dc85abdc5a2856ad80bd2.jpg

Great pic despite the punctuation on the bib. Then again, that wee one has a lifetime of disappointment and misery ahead watching Hibs, and it's your fault mate :-D

liamh2202
05-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Is that not deliberate though?, like saying Cummings is hib's striker ? I'm by no means a punctuation guru so might be wrong

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Is that not deliberate though?, like saying Cummings is hib's striker ? I'm by no means a punctuation guru so might be wrong

Hibs dribbler is fine i.e. a dribbler for Hibs, same as you would say Celtic dribbler. No apostrophe needed.

To denote ownership, Hibs' dribbler, surely.

liamh2202
05-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Hibs dribbler is fine i.e. a dribbler for Hibs, same as you would say Celtic dribbler. No apostrophe needed.

To denote ownership, Hibs' dribbler, surely.

Yeh as I say I accept I'm not the best with punctuality .

Golden Bear
05-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Hib's as opposed to bibs - looks ok to me but maybe I'm dribbling tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeh as I say I accept I'm not the best with punctuality .

There's no rush, mate. It isn't an exam :-D

liamh2202
05-09-2015, 07:06 PM
There's no rush, mate. It isn't an exam :-D

Haha that was 100% predictive text being a twat

.Sean.
05-09-2015, 07:14 PM
I reckon something simple like either a cashmere/ merino wool Jersey with a Hibs badge would be a seller. Maybe navy, dark green and beige/cream with the badge in the same colour?? Understated, not garish but pretty classy.

Golden Bear
05-09-2015, 07:23 PM
I reckon something simple like either a cashmere/ merino wool Jersey with a Hibs badge would be a seller. Maybe navy, dark green and beige/cream with the badge in the same colour?? Understated, not garish but pretty classy.

Just the job. I've still got a Glenmuir bottle green jersey from a few years ago. It's smart but in need of upgrade.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2015, 07:25 PM

I couldn't buy something that had a mistake like that on it.

I cringe whenever I read on here about the likes of Alan Stubb's or Ranger's etc so for Hibs to not only produce items with mistakes like that on them, but to actually go on and sell them as well, is shocking.

Honestly can't believe that!

Argylehibby
05-09-2015, 07:27 PM

Not sure when it was bought Callum but Greig Mailer mentioned these last week and they had been or were in the process of being removed and binned then.

SteveHFC
05-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Hibs speedo's. :wink:

lord bunberry
05-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Hibs condoms

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Hibs condoms

:-D

I almost aid something about shooting from deep, but wont lower the tone.

Argylehibby
05-09-2015, 07:40 PM

I was thinking more about the holes in our defence....

liamh2202
05-09-2015, 07:45 PM
I was thinking more about the holes in our defence....

Brilliant.

FranckSuzy
05-09-2015, 07:46 PM

:lips seal :faf:

FranckSuzy
05-09-2015, 07:48 PM

Very cute :agree:

Sorry, but having a spelling mistake, and on 'official' merchandise as well, is pretty shoddy, IMHO.....

FranckSuzy
05-09-2015, 07:52 PM
I couldn't buy something that had a mistake like that on it.

I cringe whenever I read on here about the likes of Alan Stubb's or Ranger's etc so for Hibs to not only produce items with mistakes like that on them, but to actually go on and sell them as well, is shocking.

Honestly can't believe that!

:agree: Totally agree. Can you imagine MacDonald's or Starbuck's allowing that..?:idiot: :wink:

Bristolhibby
05-09-2015, 08:01 PM

This. One was made a couple of seasons ago, but it was a bit like "look what you could have had".

J

Bristolhibby
05-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Nicked this from a previous post of mine. The point about the New Era snap backs is valid.

The two issues are IMO.

Cheap copy for smaller kids (not even Nike). A poor show by anyone's standards.

The lack of availability for said smaller kids kits.

IMHO both home and away should be available with lots of stock at least a week before the school holidays. All sizes, all strips.

Also, while I'm having a moan (constructive criticism), I went to the Swindon v Liverpool friendly at the weekend (Swindon is my local team) and had a browse in their club shop. Good range of stock with some really cool new era caps.

New Era are a pretty well known Cap maker and if League 1 Swindon town can get bespoke caps made, why do Hibs charge the same price (£15), for some generic tut caps that does not have lining or anything like the quality of New Era?

Just saying.....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t4/jamiebryce1/15C03D5B-E4BE-4A48-AC46-260841135EA7_zpsfarhj6ss.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/jamiebryce1/media/15C03D5B-E4BE-4A48-AC46-260841135EA7_zpsfarhj6ss.jpg.html)

J

Jim Herriot
05-09-2015, 08:27 PM
How about Stanton tops? No badge, no logo, no sponsor. (Does anywhere sell these?)

And some of the many books about Hibs?

Billy Whizz
05-09-2015, 08:31 PM
How about Stanton tops? No badge, no logo, no sponsor. (Does anywhere sell these?)

Great idea

Fergos
05-09-2015, 11:46 PM

Toffs do a 70s Hibs Stanton era top. Sure I got one from Thomsons Sports eons ago....memories....

Rather my money went to a Hibs though and I hope we get one of these in the new ranges.

GGTTH

Forza Fred
06-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Purely with the Australian export market in mind, so probably better just as an online available product.....Hibs Stubbie Holders

In fact, given the online way of doing things surely it's more important that what is up for sale does
NOT necessarily have to be displayed in the shop.

I believe Amazon have had quite a successful business plan along these lines....

hibby_bry
06-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Prints or canvas prints of Easter road over the years with the old east stand, the cow shed, flood lights, etc would be cracking.

FranckSuzy
06-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Purely with the Australian export market in mind, so probably better just as an online available product.....Hibs Stubbie Holders

In fact, given the online way of doing things surely it's more important that what is up for sale does
NOT necessarily have to be displayed in the shop.

I believe Amazon have had quite a successful business plan along these lines....

Stubbsie stubbie holders :thumbsup:

jacomo
06-09-2015, 05:31 PM

Books DVDs and prints/postcards all seem an obvious good idea.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Books DVDs and prints/postcards all seem an obvious good idea.

Even a simple birthday card. Tried to buy one for a wee lads birthday, not something we sell

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Some great ideas on here though far too many lines for them all to be considered. There just isn't the market to justify the investment of getting so many lines set up and into production. Hopefully we will see some decent additions though.

ronaldo7
06-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Stadium models

Walking round the pitch at half time. :wink:

3pm
06-09-2015, 07:23 PM

Poor. A slow jog would be better. :aok:

PatHead
07-09-2015, 04:25 PM
See infant wear is now available. Baby replica kit in stock.

http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/babywear

Keith_M
07-09-2015, 04:44 PM

Poor. A slow jog would be better. :aok:

A-la 'Slow Motion Baywatch'

:greengrin

Pete
07-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Nicked this from a previous post of mine. The point about the New Era snap backs is valid.

The two issues are IMO.

Cheap copy for smaller kids (not even Nike). A poor show by anyone's standards.

The lack of availability for said smaller kids kits.

IMHO both home and away should be available with lots of stock at least a week before the school holidays. All sizes, all strips.

Also, while I'm having a moan (constructive criticism), I went to the Swindon v Liverpool friendly at the weekend (Swindon is my local team) and had a browse in their club shop. Good range of stock with some really cool new era caps.

New Era are a pretty well known Cap maker and if League 1 Swindon town can get bespoke caps made, why do Hibs charge the same price (£15), for some generic tut caps that does not have lining or anything like the quality of New Era?

Just saying.....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t4/jamiebryce1/15C03D5B-E4BE-4A48-AC46-260841135EA7_zpsfarhj6ss.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/jamiebryce1/media/15C03D5B-E4BE-4A48-AC46-260841135EA7_zpsfarhj6ss.jpg.html)

J

I think we used to have high-end caps a few years ago made by new era or starter. They were quite expensive though and were in weird colours.

That cap looks very smart and one of those in green with a hibs badge would be on the shopping list.

Bristolhibby
07-09-2015, 09:47 PM
I think we used to have high-end caps a few years ago made by new era or starter. They were quite expensive though and were in weird colours.

That cap looks very smart and one of those in green with a hibs badge would be on the shopping list.

These Swindon ones were £15. A very good price IMHO. The badges are embroidered. Really good quality.

J

ManBearPig
09-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Agree with a lot of above SnapBack caps and tartan scarves are a must I was gonna buy a cap one day when sun was strong and they only had this crap what can only be described as a Barras special. I saw a lad walking around with a Hibs cap sure it had new era on the side if it was fake or custom it was a belter!

Shore Thing
09-09-2015, 11:18 AM
I've often thought some sort of sun visor things for sunny days in the East Stand - it can be a bit dazzling at times (the sun and the football :wink: ).
I'm not the sort of person who would wear a baseball cap, but as a kid I remember having one of these and loving it - would these be popular with kids?
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mw7l1MnFkvMBpSZjMcjVnJw.jpg
I would sell them on the concourse as well as in the shop.

Or for the more discerning man/lady about town-
http://pitbullcap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_6547-307x307.jpg

Failing that - literally Green-Tinted Shades

edinburghhibee
10-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Some great ideas on hear as folk have been saying but what about products for folks cars??? For instance registration plates with the club crest on it that you can take to your local garage and have your registration number put on it. I think the tablet holders are a must for coming up to Christmas. I don't think anyone adult or child would be disappointed in getting a hibs holder for there iPad / kindle ect

BoomtownHibees
10-09-2015, 08:00 AM
Some great ideas on hear as folk have been saying but what about products for folks cars??? For instance registration plates with the club crest on it that you can take to your local garage and have your registration number put on it. I think the tablet holders are a must for coming up to Christmas. I don't think anyone adult or child would be disappointed in getting a hibs holder for there iPad / kindle ect

Number plates with the badge on would be illegal. Already been done for that

liamh2202
11-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Number plates with the badge on would be illegal. Already been done for that

They could sell them as "show plates" . you must have really done something to upset the copper that day to be done for that. Although I tend not to put hibs stuff on my car as it just makes it a target for a certain bunch of people

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2015, 06:54 AM
How about some I love Islam Tshirts?

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2015, 08:00 AM
They could sell them as "show plates" . you must have really done something to upset the copper that day to be done for that. Although I tend not to put hibs stuff on my car as it just makes it a target for a certain bunch of people

He actually pulled me over for supposedly going through a red light at Sherifhall. His exact words were "I can't prove that so I will do you for your number plate instead"

Kojock
11-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Is there any feedback from Argylehibby on what ideas (if any) are being progressed by the club.?

Argylehibby
11-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Is there any feedback from Argylehibby on what ideas (if any) are being progressed by the club.?

All suggestions were forwarded to the club last night. (big spreadsheet ;-) ! )There were over 100 suggestions put forward from the various sources so it will take a bit of time to look at them all and decide what the priorities will be. With Christmas approaching fast, no doubt items that will be seen as ideal presents which can be sourced and in the shop in time will be high up on that list.

I will upodate the thread when I can add more detail.

cheers

villager
11-09-2015, 11:58 AM

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Keith_M
15-10-2015, 05:14 PM
As I'm over here on holiday, I decided to visit the Club Shop yesterday. I have to admit to feeling disappointed over the lack of variety of clothing on offer.

There are wall to wall Hibs tops and training gear but there was really very little else. I was looking for something a little more subtle than bright green with a large Hibs badge and there was literally nothing along those lines.

The sooner we get new products in the better.

For anyone interested, I bought a Leather Wallet and a Hibs Mug, to replace my older ones that are now decrepit.

Alfred E Newman
15-10-2015, 08:36 PM
As I'm over here on holiday, I decided to visit the Club Shop yesterday. I have to admit to feeling disappointed over the lack of variety of clothing on offer.

There are wall to wall Hibs tops and training gear but there was really very little else. I was looking for something a little more subtle than bright green with a large Hibs badge and there was literally nothing along those lines.

The sooner we get new products in the better

For anyone interested, I bought a Leather Wallet and a Hibs Mug, to replace my older ones that are now decrepit.

Not much in stock to suit the older gentlemen either. How about a Hibs bunnet or corduroy trousers. Stocking fillers like Hibs nose clippers or gardening gloves would also do well.

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2015, 09:15 PM

'Islam's Ferruz' would be cool.

wpj
16-10-2015, 05:09 AM
Do they still have the "argyle" style socks? I had two pairs but have now worn through. I never saw them online but got them in the shop. Often wondered why not all the shop items are available online