PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ANIER SIGNS FOR HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
01-09-2015, 06:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5677)

kaimendhibs
01-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Welcome to Hibs Henri

CRAZYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Whalecum to hibs annie

Allan45
01-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Welcome, looking forward to our strike force now...:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
01-09-2015, 06:30 PM
I see he's away on Internatuonal duty. Who are Estonia playing this week?

Since90+2
01-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Has scored 104 goals in 214 games which is a good return.

The Sundance Kid
01-09-2015, 06:32 PM
I see he's away on Internatuonal duty. Who are Estonia playing this week?

At home to Lithuania and then away to Slovenia next week

Billy Whizz
01-09-2015, 06:36 PM
At home to Lithuania and then away to Slovenia next week

Thanks, just checked the Lithuania game is on sky sports red button on Saturday at 5pm, might try and have a look

Gatecrasher
01-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Welcome!

Number69
01-09-2015, 06:50 PM
All my Arab mates are laughing at me on Facebook... #justsayin

bigwheel
01-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Save it up for when they get relegated ....

E10 Rifle
01-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Save it up for when they get relegated ....

:greengrin

SlickShoes
01-09-2015, 07:01 PM

They are the new hibs, return the favour in a few years when all their millions have been whittled away and they are relegated for being utter gash just like us.

MyJo
01-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Ok folks, dumb question - site says "subject to international clearance". Given that he has played for Scotland.......????

I get the born in Somalia bit - just not sure how once someone has played for our national side, they still need clearance.

Anybody know the rules?

Its because he is registered to an English club, international clearance is confirmation between the federations that he is registered to play for us in scotland now.

davemcbain
01-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Its because he is registered to an English club, international clearance is confirmation between the federations that he is registered to play for us in scotland now.
Thanks! Was in the midst of a delete and post on the right thread there.

Greencore
01-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the greatest club in Scotland!

IanM
01-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Welcome Henri! I used to have a Hoover the same name

Pretty Boy
01-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Happy with this signing. He looked a player at Motherwell but maybe lost his way a bit at United.

A bit like Feruz it looks like a bit of a gamble on a player who has something to prove. We'll see what happens.

Jim44
01-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Welcome Henri! I used to have a Hoover the same name

Did you get rid of the Hoover because it was just gathering dust?:greengrin

PatHead
01-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the Hibees

Nutmegged
01-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Rowan Vine II

marinello59
01-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Rowan Vine II

Why?

Pretty Boy
01-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Rowan Vine II

Seriously?

writing a guy off no more than 4 hours after he signed and before he's even kicked a ball must be a new record.

LaMotta
01-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Rowan Vine II

Why?

Bit of a bizarre comparison! Really struggling to see the link.

On a separate note, he scored 52 Goals in 82 games in the Estonian top league, which is a league made up of a mix of professional and part time clubs, much like the league we find ourselves in.....

Lets just wait and see how he gets on!

Broken Gnome
01-09-2015, 09:39 PM
How and when did people get so happy being dismissive and taking a big dump over a new signing as quickly as possible?

We that desperate to get a 'told you so' down the line? The amount of 'never a footballer' guff on here is crazy.

StevieBoyKdy
01-09-2015, 09:45 PM
http://youtu.be/VIu3d2EWrIg

not bad

Dibben
01-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Rowan Vine II

The beard?

Nutmegged
02-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Seriously?

writing a guy off no more than 4 hours after he signed and before he's even kicked a ball must be a new record.

He's absolutely hopeless, just because he signs for Hibs wont suddenly change that, its amazing how people expect fans to suddenly change their opinion of someone just because they sign for our team

He instantly became our 6th choice striker

Onion
02-09-2015, 10:42 AM
He's absolutely hopeless, just because he signs for Hibs wont suddenly change that, its amazing how people expect fans to suddenly change their opinion of someone just because they sign for our team

Since when has football been an exact science. Plenty players who were "hopeless" at Hibs have gone on to be successes elsewhere - we've talked about enough of them on here. So why not give the guy a chance before we condemn him to the scrapheap ? He might have a point to prove, our style might suit him perfectly, he might even respond to positive encouragement from the fans. Stranger things have happened.

flash
02-09-2015, 10:49 AM

You don't have to change your opinion it's just not always necessary to share it.

Nutmegged
02-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Since when has football been an exact science. Plenty players who were "hopeless" at Hibs have gone on to be successes elsewhere - we've talked about enough of them on here. So why not give the guy a chance before we condemn him to the scrapheap ? He might have a point to prove, our style might suit him perfectly, he might even respond to positive encouragement from the fans. Stranger things have happened.

Why should we not give our honest opinions on players? I'm just saying what many are thinking, take a look at the "strongest team" thread, I think he's only been mentioned once or maybe twice in it and that was on someones bench.

I'd be more than delighted to be proven wrong but I seriously doubt that will happen, the fact we already have 5 strikers that are far better than him will make the likelihood that he's even given enough chances to do the business for us even more remote.

Nutmegged
02-09-2015, 10:53 AM
You don't have to change your opinion it's just not always necessary to share it.

Football in general would become extremely boring if people were encouraged not to share their opinion if it doesn't match that of everyone elses Flash

Onion
02-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Why should we not give our honest opinions on players? I'm just saying what many are thinking, take a look at the "strongest team" thread, I think he's only been mentioned once or maybe twice in it and that was on someones bench.

I'd be more than delighted to be proven wrong but I seriously doubt that will happen, the fact we already have 5 strikers that are far better than him will make the likelihood that he's even given enough chances to do the business for us even more remote.

Never said you shouldn't or weren't entitled. Just surprised that someone supporting a team can be so quick to write off a player that the Manager thinks can do a job. Stubbs' signing record is decent so I for one will be giving the guy a chance. Might even wait until i see him play before booing him :greengrin

Nutmegged
02-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Never said you shouldn't or weren't entitled. Just surprised that someone supporting a team can be so quick to write off a player that the Manager thinks can do a job. Stubbs' signing record is decent so I for one will be giving the guy a chance. Might even wait until i see him play before booing him :greengrin

I was responding to you saying give him a chance, I've no other option, its not my call, so he'll get all the chances the manager deems acceptable but I cant just change my feelings on the player just because he's now wearing a Hibs top.

I'd be ecstatic if he came in and scored the goals to take us up, I'm in general a fan who looks at the positives but we now have 6 strikers and I wouldn't pick him in front of any of them, maybe Stubbs sees something in him no-one else has, time will tell but if the proverbial hits the fan I wont exactly be bemused by it.

Iain G
02-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I was responding to you saying give him a chance, I've no other option, its not my call, so he'll get all the chances the manager deems acceptable but I cant just change my feelings on the player just because he's now wearing a Hibs top.

From that response it doesn't sound like you are going to give him a chance at all and have already decided Stubbs has clearly got it wrong and you have pre-judged the player to be a failure already. And what is this expert opinion of yours based on exactly?!

The boy hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet!!! :rolleyes:

Brightside
02-09-2015, 11:54 AM
I think he'll be used until \ if farid gets fit. Remember we're not putting the boy on a 4y contract. Very small outlay for a player who may be useful in the air - especially in this division.

JimBHibees
02-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I think he'll be used until \ if farid gets fit. Remember we're not putting the boy on a 4y contract. Very small outlay for a player who may be useful in the air - especially in this division.

Thats about the size of it a different option to the other strikers we have. Not a huge gamble but could probably do a job as he has scored against top league sides.

Here are the managers comments on Anier,

Head Coach Alan Stubbs said: “Henri will bring something different to our attacking options.

“He is a powerful centre forward who will bring others in to play and complement the qualities of our other strikers. He knows the Scottish game and will hit the ground running here.

“We now have strong competition for places within the team and that will bring out the best in the players that are already here.”

ancient hibee
02-09-2015, 03:12 PM

I'd be ecstatic if he came in and scored the goals to take us up, I'm in general a fan who looks at the positives but we now have 6 strikers and I wouldn't pick him in front of any of them, maybe Stubbs sees something in him no-one else has, time will tell but if the proverbial hits the fan I wont exactly be bemused by it.

Playing up front is not all about scoring goals yourself.There are many good players in that position who don't score lots-Fletcher,Jordan,Ferguson-to name three.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Playing up front is not all about scoring goals yourself.There are many good players in that position who don't score lots-Fletcher,Jordan,Ferguson-to name three.

Anier is not a major goal scorer, what he is, is a big strong lad who will create chances for our major goal scorers like Malonga, Cummings and Keatings. Judge him on this

Thecat23
02-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Anier is not a major goal scorer, what he is, is a big strong lad who will create chances for our major goal scorers like Malonga, Cummings and Keatings. Judge him on this

Correct, not only this it depends on how Utd played him. Was he a lone striker? Of so its no wonder he never scored many! I think he will do well down here and that's what matters.

JimBHibees
02-09-2015, 03:59 PM

Agree he is physically differernt and will bring other strengths and balance to the other strikers who are mostly smaller.

Diclonius
02-09-2015, 04:09 PM
The replies to the "Anier signs" tweet on the official account are 90% negative. Nice one support, way to introduce yourself to a new signing and I hope the guy doesn't use Twitter.

Hoping he'll prove some doubters wrong.

greenpaper55
02-09-2015, 04:16 PM
How many goals did Mixu score per season before we signed him ?, i bet it was hardly in double figures but what he added to the team was another dimension and allowed others to play off him. As for some folk slagging the big target man if it's good enough for Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea then it's good enough for me !.

marinello59
02-09-2015, 04:16 PM
The replies to the "Anier signs" tweet on the official account are 90% negative. Nice one support, way to introduce yourself to a new signing and I hope the guy doesn't use Twitter.

Depressing isn't it? I suppose their own egos are more important than the good of the club they 'support' though.

Big_Franck
02-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Henri!

No doubt he'll provide a different option at least from the bench. Looks a strong lad as well and that's exactly what we'll need in a few games.

emerald green
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM

The part in bold - what are you basing this on? How often have you seen him play?

bigwheel
02-09-2015, 05:18 PM
I love the fact that fans on here think they are better judges of footballers than Stubbs and his team - dream on guys ! I'll bet on Stubbs. Go on big man - lets See you work hard and earn your place !

Jim44
02-09-2015, 05:33 PM
I really don't think that any pro footballer will give a toss about a few fan criticisms on social media.

Smartie
02-09-2015, 05:57 PM

Having started the game against Dumbarton with Cummings and Dom up front and having toiled to score for an hour or so it was disheartening to have so little to come off the bench and change a game up front in a game in which there were as many points on offer in the quest for promotion as there are in any other game. Watching Stubbs fling on Stanton and try to fashion a forward line out of what we had available was properly disconcerting.

To go from that to having an Internationalist as a sixth choice striker (as you put it) in just a few weeks can only be considered to be a good thing imo.

For me he starts with a clean slate - that would be the case whether he's been plumbing the depths with United's reserves for the past few years or banging them in at a much higher level.

He'll hopefully have a bit of a point to prove. Don't write him off before he's kicked a ball.

Diclonius
02-09-2015, 06:10 PM
He'll hopefully have a bit of a point to prove. Don't write him off before he's kicked a ball.

Like our defence probably did. :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lcl3FV3xLk

Hibiza
03-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Welcome Henri.

Unseen work
03-09-2015, 06:38 PM
So let me get this straight

Jason cummings isn't good enough or score enough goals and was the highest scorer in the league

Malonga scored about 16 goals and fans are happy for him to leave

Arier signs from a spl team, overall good goal scoring record and is brought in to be a powerful/ hold up striker but yet he isn't good enough either.

What do the fans want?! We are a championship team ffs. You will be going a long way to find a club in Scotland with a better quality /variatian/ better goals record than malonga, cummings, farid, keatings and arier. Also feruz and insall

We have a strong team. It is a team game, they will all contribute in different ways. Whether it is scoring, assisting or bullying the defence

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Jason cummings isn't good enough or score enough goals and was the highest scorer in the league

Arier signs from a spl team, overall good goal scoring record and is brought in to be a powerful/ hold up striker but yet he isn't good enough either.

What do the fans want?! We are a championship team ffs. You will be going a long way to find a club in Scotland with a better quality /variatian/ better goals record than malonga, cummings, farid, keatings and arier. Also feruz and insall

We have a strong team. It is a team game, they will all contribute in different ways. Whether it is scoring, assisting or bullying the defence

Out of the number of folk that post on here how many people do you think share these opinions? :dunno:

Kato
03-09-2015, 08:23 PM

Enough straw men to build a haystack.

BIGK
05-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Don't see Anier on the pitch or the bench for Estonia. Please tell me he is not injured!?

keep the faith
05-09-2015, 04:25 PM

Most of the social media brigade are fond of posting stuff like "hibs til I die" commenting on official accounts (in the arnier style you pointed out) but not actually attending games!

I think Arnier May prove many wrong by being a very useful option.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Don't see Anier on the pitch or the bench for Estonia. Please tell me he is not injured!?

He wasn't selected for their final squad for the two internationals taking place this weekend.

BIGK
05-09-2015, 05:44 PM
He wasn't selected for their final squad for the two internationals taking place this weekend.

Thank's for that, was starting to get worried.

lucky
05-09-2015, 05:57 PM
I love the fact that fans on here think they are better judges of footballers than Stubbs and his team - dream on guys ! I'll bet on Stubbs. Go on big man - lets See you work hard and earn your place !

Of course we do, that's why we as fans spout pish on here and at games. But in reality we all know Stubbs should know more but not all the time.

Nutmegged
05-09-2015, 06:18 PM

I seem to be the only one who isn't happy about Anier signing so I'm wondering if you're pigeon holing me in with those who dont rate Malonga or have been down on Cummins...Definitely not in Jason's case, he's a goalscorer, a natural, Malonga is frustrating but like you said scored 16 goals last season, if we want someone to come in to be better than him then thays exactly what we go after, in my opinion Anier isn't close to being that guy

Brooster
05-09-2015, 07:57 PM
I seem to be the only one who isn't happy about Anier signing so I'm wondering if you're pigeon holing me in with those who dont rate Malonga or have been down on Cummins...Definitely not in Jason's case, he's a goalscorer, a natural, Malonga is frustrating but like you said scored 16 goals last season, if we want someone to come in to be better than him then thays exactly what we go after, in my opinion Anier isn't close to being that guy

Just out of interest. When was the last time you seen Anier play? I dont mean on TV.