PDA

View Full Version : Hertz "New Stand"

Mikey09
01-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Ok. Was playing football last night and there are a load of yams who play. They always yatter ***** before we start and last night was about buying land at the PBS and building a 10000 seat stand! I asked one question.... Who will fund this?! Cue much slagging of Hibs, how they are debt free and the obligatory 5-1's... :faf:

Just thought i would share...

Waxy
01-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Its a new ground they need nevermind a stand.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Deluded romancers as usual, the truth is they are moving to West Lothian, a friend who works at the head office has seen Budgie twice now.

Tricla
01-09-2015, 02:46 PM
They'll fund it with their Champions League winnings of course.

Duh!

😄

Smartie
01-09-2015, 02:51 PM
To be fair borrowing the money from themselves worked out all right for them the last time so I don't see why they shouldn't just do the same again.

Bostonhibby
01-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Ok. Was playing football last night and there are a load of yams who play. They always yatter ***** before we start and last night was about buying land at the PBS and building a 10000 seat stand! I asked one question.... Who will fund this?! Cue much slagging of Hibs, how they are debt free and the obligatory 5-1's... :faf:

Is this the one Romanov got them to believe he was building? hotels, conference centres etc all built into it?

I cant keep up things are that fast moving over there. Even the asbestos is falling off quicker. Meantime reality is they are goosed until the council finds a way round their problem.

jdships
01-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Deluded romancers as usual, the truth is they are moving to West Lothian, a friend who works at the head office has seen Budgie twice now.

Well, well , well !!
We have a family friend who works in " West Lothian Council Planning Department" ( Architect) and last week he told my son that Hearts had had talks with his Department re a move to a site just over the Edinburgh/West Lothian boundary,
Personally I couldn't see it given all the rhetoric coming out of Tynie since Mrs B took over re their " home "
But given the OP who knows ?
:confused:

GlasgowHibee
01-09-2015, 03:12 PM
The council will build them a multi-purpose stadium, only a matter of time. Edinburgh City council are almost as corrupt as the yams. :agree:

Kato
01-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Its a hole in the ground they need nevermind a stand.

fixed

Greencore
01-09-2015, 03:25 PM
If they move to livi, We will be Edinburghs only club. Pleasing.

greenginger
01-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Heart of West Lothian :confused: not quite the same for the famous.

Where would it be built ?

Actually sounds a bit of a con trick to me. Get an offer of a site from West Lothian , a basic stadium plan designed , then say they are being forced out of town because our Council won't build them a stadium.

Outraged letters to the Scotsman/EEN, pressure on Council , solutions found by national politicos.

Bostonhibby
01-09-2015, 03:29 PM
If they move to livi, We will be Edinburghs only club. Pleasing.
No really Edinburgh, they are heart of Midlothian.

itslegaltender
01-09-2015, 04:00 PM
I still think they have designs to piggy back on Murrays "garden district" proposal at Hermiston sharing a ground with Edinburgh rugby.

Heard via the community council that there is some talk around this being resurrected again.

With regards to land on the boundary between Edinburgh and West Lothian, think you are looking at the Calderwood development outside East Calder (there is talk of a new road going to the M8 from this) or you are looking at land around Broxburn.

Kavinho
01-09-2015, 04:20 PM

Actually sounds a bit of a con trick to me. Get an offer of a site from West Lothian , a basic stadium plan designed , then say they are being forced out of town because our Council won't build them a stadium.

Outraged letters to the Scotsman/EEN, pressure on Council , solutions found by national politicos.

Mark these words for future reference....

Velma Dinkley
01-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Which stand would they want to replace? The stand the away fans have to go in is definitely not fit for purpose. It seems very unsafe.

green day
01-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Hearts dont have the money to build anything large enough for their support - Im not being flippant here, they are a big club by scottish standards and would need something around the size of easter road (obviously it would have 3 more seats as they are 'a big club').

Whats the cost - I dont know, but it cant be short of £1000 a seat for a basic box stadium?

So - £20M for a 20k seater soulless dump.

So, assume they get the ground in W Lothian for nowt and they sell the piggery for £3M (optimistic), that still leaves a massive financial hole - Budgie is wealthy but not on a STF scale, is she going to underwrite it? Cant see it myself.

We keep hearing (on here) how "the council will bail them out". Really? Edinburgh council are skint and any hint of building hearts a stadium along with the rugby mob will have policticians up in arms.

Its one thing to lobby to keep your team from going bust, but I really cant see Iain Murray etc backing that horse.

PatHead
01-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Was about to post the same. They will come out of it smelling like roses. Probably end up with a better deal than West Ham!

Pete
01-09-2015, 04:27 PM
The heart and soul of Newbridge.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2015, 06:03 PM
If a deal with the council ends up with the Yams in a 20,000 Rugby, Football, Athletics stadium with an 8 lane running track 3 miles the wrong side of the bypass and 10 miles from Gorgie and their traditional boozers etc it will be worth every penny the council spend on it IMO :greengrin

Dibben
01-09-2015, 06:06 PM
The council have no money to spend on building a new stadium for anyone!

Can't see them bailing out the yams when they are penny pinching for the next 'few' years...

ancient hibee
01-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Pretty sure that EU regs are mind boggling if public money is to be used for capital expenditure by commercial undertakings.

Halifaxhibby
01-09-2015, 06:07 PM
The council will build them a multi-purpose stadium, only a matter of time. Edinburgh City council are almost as corrupt as the yams. :agree:

Mind that eck salmond is a gorgie welt, wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of "loan/charitable handout" given to them like the t in the park nonsense. Either that or they could just ask the 400,000 diet huns that supposedly support them to part with one of their giros!!!.

Dibben
01-09-2015, 06:08 PM
I would think the closest the Council get to helping the yams is by letting use either Meadowbank or Staughton enclosure!

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Was about to post the same. They will come out of it smelling like roses. Probably end up with a better deal than West Ham!

Nobody will end up with a better deal than West Ham ............ The amount of public money spent on the Olympic stadium just to make it suitable for football is a disgrace. West Ham have played a blinder ... For what for them is a peppercorn rent of £2,000,000 a year and a lump sum contribution of about £10,000,000 and that's to build executive boxes and supporters bars they need anyway, they get a brand new 56,000 seater stadium.

As far as I know all the 'public' money concerned is coming from some sort of London 'common good' fund and council tax ..... If it was being funded from UK tax I would be onto my MP in double quick time.

percy veer
01-09-2015, 06:27 PM
I would think the closest the Council get to helping the yams is by letting use either Meadowbank or Staughton enclosure!

Did meadowbank not get the go ahead for redevelopment, watch this one be stopped and new shinny facilities built on the west as it's cheaper

monktonharp
01-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Was about to post the same. They will come out of it smelling like roses. Probably end up with a better deal than West Ham! you seem like a person that would accept that, as its going to happen? if there is even a whiff of that scenario, I would be very surprised if Hibernian fc, and Hibernian fans would just stand aside to let it happen.

Dibben
01-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Did meadowbank not get the go ahead for redevelopment, watch this one be stopped and new shinny facilities built on the west as it's cheaper

I just can't see how anyone could justify a new '. Council purchased community stadium' - there is no real need for one and I am very sure that the Council have no money available to build it...

Can't see anything like that getting passed the decision makers

greenginger
01-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I just can't see how anyone could justify a new '. Council purchased community stadium' - there is no real need for one and I am very sure that the Council have no money available to build it...

Can't see anything like that getting passed the decision makers

Yams have already tried once to get their community stadium requirements adopted as Council Policy.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_11_Tynecastle_Stadium.pdf

sorry, link not working.

Speedy
01-09-2015, 09:40 PM

Another one, we just built one about 5 years ago :confused:

Dibben
01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Yams have already tried once to get their community stadium requirements adopted as Council Policy.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_11_Tynecastle_Stadium.pdf

sorry, link not working.

I'm sure the yams will try, citing their importance to the city and claiming the benefits that a community stadium would bring...

The council just don't have the money...

Pretty Boy
01-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Any development at Tynecastle will have to see the pitch both widened and lengthened if they want to use it in European competition.

That will likely mean lobbing a few more rows off both the Roseburn end and Gorgie Road end as well as building the main stand back into the car park and ticket office area. That's just not practical.

Hearts really have 2 options, either move away from Tynecastle to a purpose built ground elsewhere or redevelop the main stand at Tynecastle and use Murrayfield or ER for future European games.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a pretty heavy PR campaign is started soon waxing lyrical about the benefits of leaving Tynecastle. It will be interesting to see how those who were so desperate to oppose it when the pieman proposed it that they invited Vlad to the table react when it's put to them again by the saviour.

O'Rourke3
01-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks to tapatalk and a link in here (Hibs.net) I now have kickback as a forum. Sunday night the "trending" forum was their new stand one. About 100 posts in the Who is going to pay for this question was finally raised. It just takes one suggestion and they are off on all sorts of flights of fancy. Self building self financing stadia. Apparently they've agreed a price for the land. I took that as ECC told them the price and they are considering moving away from Dalry. Selling the naming rights for about 5 years pays for the whole kit and caboodle. No wobder they went bust....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

PatHead
01-09-2015, 10:13 PM
you seem like a person that would accept that, as its going to happen? if there is even a whiff of that scenario, I would be very surprised if Hibernian fc, and Hibernian fans would just stand aside to let it happen.

Certainly wouldn't accept it but would never rule out anything from a politician/

The_Sauz
01-09-2015, 10:18 PM
I still think they have designs to piggy back on Murrays "garden district" proposal at Hermiston sharing a ground with Edinburgh rugby.

Heard via the community council that there is some talk around this being resurrected again.

With regards to land on the boundary between Edinburgh and West Lothian, think you are looking at the Calderwood development outside East Calder (there is talk of a new road going to the M8 from this) or you are looking at land around Broxburn.

They can get tae :grr:

PatHead
01-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Any development at Tynecastle will have to see the pitch both widened and lengthened if they want to use it in European competition.

That will likely mean lobbing a few more rows off both the Roseburn end and Gorgie Road end as well as building the main stand back into the car park and ticket office area. That's just not practical.

Hearts really have 2 options, either move away from Tynecastle to a purpose built ground elsewhere or redevelop the main stand at Tynecastle and use Murrayfield or ER for future European games.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a pretty heavy PR campaign is started soon waxing lyrical about the benefits of leaving Tynecastle. It will be interesting to see how those who were so desperate to oppose it when the pieman proposed it that they invited Vlad to the table react when it's put to them again by the saviour.

The floodlights are part of the structure holding up the 3 "new" stands, these would have to be removed to extend the pitch. This means all 3 stands and the asbestos structure would have to be flattened.

The_Sauz
01-09-2015, 10:21 PM
The heart and soul of Newbridge.

My oldman would love that.............................................. ...........NOT! :greengrin

Big L
01-09-2015, 11:01 PM
While on the subject of stadiums, put a price on the cost of building Easter Rd from scratch & throw in East Mains!

greenginger
01-09-2015, 11:10 PM
While on the subject of stadiums, put a price on the cost of building Easter Rd from scratch & throw in East Mains!

Today , £ 40 million approx.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2015, 11:10 PM
The floodlights are part of the structure holding up the 3 "new" stands, these would have to be removed to extend the pitch. This means all 3 stands and the asbestos structure would have to be flattened.

I doubt that .... I'm pretty sure they could find a way round it .... expensive though?

Here's the rub ....... A wider pitch means the end stands wont extend to the width of the pitch. A longer pitch means the Wheatfield stand wont run the length of the pitch ..... short of spending even more money to widen 3 stands it would be curtains for the accidental, and mostly in their own minds anyway, 'unique' atmosphere :greengrin

HappyAsHellas
01-09-2015, 11:19 PM
The pieman worked all this out years ago, and came to the conclusion that 8 to 10 rows behind each goal would have to be done away with to extend the length of the pitch to European standards. To buy the land at the rear of the stand so they could build a decent new one was factored in as well. The total cost was in the region of 38 million, as opposed to 20 million for a new stadium on the outskirts of town. I'm sure Queen Budge will know all this already, but how she's going to sell it to the puddledrinkers is quite another scenario.

monktonharp
01-09-2015, 11:21 PM
While on the subject of stadiums, put a price on the cost of building Easter Rd from scratch & throw in East Mains!maybe they are thinking East Mains.......at Broxburn. personally I'd gie them the green bing at Brox. would take them 20 years to level it, unless they played on top o' it :greengrin

Mikey09
01-09-2015, 11:28 PM
As I said... They do tend to yatter a load of *****!! They really have this annoying habit to pat themselves on the back re how they are debt free and just sooooooooooooo wonderful... I mention wee things like "well you still have to pay The Budgie back her dosh so are you really debt free?" Cue more Hibs slagging, how envious I am of them and the obligatory 5-1's... I'll give them one thing, they're predictable! I mentioned we could all have a whip round towards this phantom stand but then told them maybe no the best idea as we know they're no the greatest with charity... Cue more slagging of Hibs... You get the idea. :greengrin

Greencore
01-09-2015, 11:28 PM
***** hearts.

monktonharp
01-09-2015, 11:31 PM
***** hearts. I concur:agree:

The_Sauz
01-09-2015, 11:33 PM
maybe they are thinking East Mains.......at Broxburn. personally I'd gie them the green bing at Brox. would take them 20 years to level it, unless they played on top o' it :greengrin

Thats not even funny.........I see that from my flat :jamboak:

monktonharp
02-09-2015, 12:32 AM
Thats not even funny.........I see that from my flat :jamboak:tee hee:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Today , £ 40 million approx.

Well that's easy - stop paying bills, dip the charity money, go into admin and it's all "paid" for.

They know how it works.

Colr
02-09-2015, 07:14 AM
If a deal with the council ends up with the Yams in a 20,000 Rugby, Football, Athletics stadium with an 8 lane running track 3 miles the wrong side of the bypass and 10 miles from Gorgie and their traditional boozers etc it will be worth every penny the council spend on it IMO :greengrin

Public sector pay as they can finance it much cheaper through PWLB than the club can (giventheir recent credit history). Yams then rent it with others so is much cheaper overall for them

Salt N Sauzee
02-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Well that's easy - stop paying bills, dip the charity money, go into admin and it's all "paid" for.

They know how it works.

:not worth

Islington Hibs
02-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Whether we like it or not Hearts are in quite a strong position. They effectively got away with years of cheating (unlike the Rangers) and are now pretty well debt free, own their ground that at current property prices is probably worth £15-20m and currently getting 15/16k weekly close to capacity. I doubt they would have budgeted for those gates thus I would not be surprised if they are trading at a profit just now.

Scenario 1 they sell Tynecastle. Pocket £15m net and for that could probably build a 20/25k stadium on a greenfield site, on the green belt, for £20m or so, less if the council pitches in.

Scenario 2 they build a new stand perhaps of similar size to ours taking their capacity of to 20/21k - cost probably £6-8m but if that increases their gates by say 2k over the season that is circa £600k revenue so self funding.

Two problems - Straiton would have been a disaster for us. I am not convinced their mob would fancy traipsing in a car to a soulless stadium in the middle of nowhere and second their gates are close to an all time high for them and hopefully there is only one way and down thus building a new stand would be a bit of a gamble.

Bottom line, fair or foul, they have gotten themselves into a decent position.

Caversham Green
02-09-2015, 07:25 AM

Did you know the new stadium can be reconstructed for West Ham United? (Anagram fowk ken whit's goin on).

They're valued in the accounts at £20.2m for the stadium and £5.25m for East Mains. The values are depreciated replacement cost so add a bit for ageing and you're there.Probably £25-30m for the stadium and £6m for East Mains.

HibbySpurs
02-09-2015, 07:39 AM
They can get tae :grr:

This 100%.... NIMBY as they say.... Enough bother already having tae put up with flute bands throughout the year without hoards of yams polluting the air once every couple of weeks!

HibbySpurs
02-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Thats not even funny.........I see that from my flat :jamboak:

You could fit a stadia big enough for them on the old Halls site hahaha

green day
02-09-2015, 07:50 AM
their ground that at current property prices is probably worth £15-20m .

No it isnt.

Islington Hibs
02-09-2015, 11:37 AM
No it isnt.

what do you reckon Tynecastle is worth then?

Kato
02-09-2015, 11:40 AM
what do you reckon Tynecastle is worth then?

The price Hearts put it on themselves during their recent turmoil/scam?

Waxy
02-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Didnt nearly all Jambos claim the ground was worth nothing just last year whilst in admin? Blast zones and other excuses kept flying out before Budge got the whole shebang out the 99p store.

Mango Man
02-09-2015, 11:55 AM
You just know it will turn out how they want it, they really are the jammiest of clubs who seem to be thriving more than they ever have, a year and a half after they should have died a justified death. Tens of millions of pounds of debt just wiped off, it's very unfair.

AndyM_1875
02-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Much as certain members of Embra District Council would probably want to build a ground for their pet team on taxpayers money they are now unlikely to get away with it. Revenues are tight and there is the desire and a solid economic case to extend the Trams down to Leith as well as redevelop Meadowbank Stadium for public use. Both of these are higher priority projects than building a new stadium.

PatHead
02-09-2015, 12:23 PM
I doubt that .... I'm pretty sure they could find a way round it .... expensive though?

Here's the rub ....... A wider pitch means the end stands wont extend to the width of the pitch. A longer pitch means the Wheatfield stand wont run the length of the pitch ..... short of spending even more money to widen 3 stands it would be curtains for the accidental, and mostly in their own minds anyway, 'unique' atmosphere :greengrin

Next time you go there take a look at the floodlights and they are part of the support holding the stand roofs up. As they are right at the front of the stand it would take a lot of work to remove them and replace them with new supports. Probably just as easy to dismantle and rebuild or demolish the things.

Deansy
02-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Whether we like it or not Hearts are in quite a strong position. They effectively got away with years of cheating (unlike the Rangers) and are now pretty well debt free, own their ground that at current property prices is probably worth £15-20m and currently getting 15/16k weekly close to capacity. I doubt they would have budgeted for those gates thus I would not be surprised if they are trading at a profit just now.

Scenario 1 they sell Tynecastle. Pocket £15m net and for that could probably build a 20/25k stadium on a greenfield site, on the green belt, for £20m or so, less if the council pitches in.

Scenario 2 they build a new stand perhaps of similar size to ours taking their capacity of to 20/21k - cost probably £6-8m but if that increases their gates by say 2k over the season that is circa £600k revenue so self funding.

Two problems - Straiton would have been a disaster for us. I am not convinced their mob would fancy traipsing in a car to a soulless stadium in the middle of nowhere and second their gates are close to an all time high for them and hopefully there is only one way and down thus building a new stand would be a bit of a gamble.

Bottom line, fair or foul, they have gotten themselves into a decent position.

Kind of agree with you but would argue they're not 'Debt-free' and don't 'own' the PBS - they owe Budge X-amount and I'm pretty sure SHE owns the stadium. Yes, they're doing well just now but when they hit the bad-patch (which they inevitably will - all teams get them) - then things will change !!

ancient hibee
02-09-2015, 03:08 PM
You just know it will turn out how they want it, they really are the jammiest of clubs who seem to be thriving more than they ever have, a year and a half after they should have died a justified death. Tens of millions of pounds of debt just wiped off, it's very unfair.

The reason they are thriving now is that their supporters are putting their money where there mouth is-a lesson there I think.

lord bunberry
02-09-2015, 03:45 PM
The reason they are thriving now is that their supporters are putting their money where there mouth is-a lesson there I think.
The reason their thriving is because they shed all the debt they accumulated whilst clubs like ours continue to pay theirs.

Smartie
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM
On many levels they do appear to be in a strong position.

But on other levels they really don't.

Surely any major construction project (such as their sooper-dooper mega-stand) or indeed the building of a new stadium - anywhere - would require them to borrow substantial amounts of money? They may be, relatively speaking, in a fairly stable financial position but they don't have pots of cash in the bank to buy what they want when they want.

They may be lucky to have got off as lightly as they have. Surely though, they won't able to secure credit - from anywhere - for a very long time due to the chicanery of the past few years?

Which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't have a reasonably urgent reason to move/ build a big, new stand.

Which - unfortunately for them - they do, really.

Bishop Hibee
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Much as certain members of Embra District Council would probably want to build a ground for their pet team on taxpayers money they are now unlikely to get away with it. Revenues are tight and there is the desire and a solid economic case to extend the Trams down to Leith as well as redevelop Meadowbank Stadium for public use. Both of these are higher priority projects than building a new stadium.

This is fairly accurate. Pre-banking crash the council would have got away with it but less likely now. Edinburgh taxpayers should stay vigilant though.

CropleyWasGod
02-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Kind of agree with you but would argue they're not 'Debt-free' and don't 'own' the PBS - they owe Budge X-amount and I'm pretty sure SHE owns the stadium. Yes, they're doing well just now but when they hit the bad-patch (which they inevitably will - all teams get them) - then things will change !!

Hearts own the PBS.

But, yes, they're definitely not debt-free.

ancient hibee
02-09-2015, 05:36 PM
The reason their thriving is because they shed all the debt they accumulated whilst clubs like ours continue to pay theirs.

You're missing the point.They could have shed all their debt but it wouldn't have mattered if the supporters had not rallied round like they did.

son of haggart
02-09-2015, 06:30 PM
On many levels they do appear to be in a strong position.

But on other levels they really don't.

Surely any major construction project (such as their sooper-dooper mega-stand) or indeed the building of a new stadium - anywhere - would require them to borrow substantial amounts of money? They may be, relatively speaking, in a fairly stable financial position but they don't have pots of cash in the bank to buy what they want when they want.

They may be lucky to have got off as lightly as they have. Surely though, they won't able to secure credit - from anywhere - for a very long time due to the chicanery of the past few years?

Which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't have a reasonably urgent reason to move/ build a big, new stand.

Which - unfortunately for them - they do, really.

I don't think lenders would bother too much about past owners' behaviour - however they would only loan on a track record so it is unlikely we would be able to borrow substantial sums for a couple of years (ie until their is a banking history for the current regime). I doubt there will be a plan in place for a couple of years, and the frontrunner is probably to redevelop the main stand.

rcarter1
02-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Hearts own the PBS.

But, yes, they're definitely not debt-free.

I would be interested to know how much debt they have? Their gates and the FOH money are such, that I would imagine they can be clear of the debt in a few years?

greenginger
02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't think lenders would bother too much about past owners' behaviour - however they would only loan on a track record so it is unlikely we would be able to borrow substantial sums for a couple of years (ie until their is a banking history for the current regime). I doubt there will be a plan in place for a couple of years, and the frontrunner is probably to redevelop the main stand.

Building a new main stand with changing facilities , boardroom, hospitality would be about £ 10 million. The enlarged footplate would mean purchasing and demolishing the council property currently let by the club and the Tynecastle Nursery. Probable another £ 2 million.

Borrowing £ 12 million from the bank will require someone to act as guarantor.

Do you think Mrs Budge wants to get in that deep ?

3pm
02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
I ****in hate Hertz. Scarf twirling dicks.

The_Sauz
02-09-2015, 07:18 PM
You could fit a stadia big enough for them on the old Halls site hahaha

Thats not even worth thinking about :panic:

GlasgowHibee
02-09-2015, 07:22 PM
One thing I would argue in favour of them is that they do have a couple of decent players who could go for big bucks, Paterson and Walker mainly. For both of them, with English market prices I think you could at least £8 million

Eyrie
02-09-2015, 07:36 PM
One thing I would argue in favour of them is that they do have a couple of decent players who could go for big bucks, Paterson and Walker mainly. For both of them, with English market prices I think you could at least £8 million

It's not that long ago that they had one player who was worth £10m on his own. Whatever happened to him?

Mr White
02-09-2015, 07:39 PM
It's not that long ago that they had one player who was worth £10m on his own. Whatever happened to him?

Sold for 65k :tee hee:

hibs0666
02-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Lenders do not want to touch Scottish football. I have no idea how the new sooper dooper big pink stand can be funded commercially.

hibs0666
02-09-2015, 07:45 PM
I would be interested to know how much debt they have? Their gates and the FOH money are such, that I would imagine they can be clear of the debt in a few years?

They have no option but to be debt-free in a few years, and operate at better than break-even thereafter. What a shock to the system that will be for a club that does not understand the notion of staying within their means.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Lenders do not want to touch Scottish football. I have no idea how the new sooper dooper big pink stand can be funded commercially.
Yep; it's why some banks negotiated reduced repayment deals with those who do pay their way. Having exited this risky area they're unlikely to be tempted back

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2015, 07:57 PM

English prices don't apply cos we're in Scotland. How it works is they take youngsters on the cheap then don't play them. They'll get a couple of million maybe £3m in total, if the players have a decent agent that's out selling them as hard as he can.

CropleyWasGod
02-09-2015, 08:19 PM
The debt is the amount that AB put up for the buy - out.
I don't think it's in their plans to pay that off in the short - term. That's a longer term goal. In the short term, they're using the increased income for working capital.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mikey09
02-09-2015, 08:21 PM

There is no way on this holy earth that the yams would get £8million for Young Rolf and Walker!!

Kato
02-09-2015, 08:40 PM
One thing I would argue in favour of them is that they do have a couple of decent players who could go for big bucks, Paterson and Walker mainly. For both of them, with Japanese market prices I think you could at least 8 million Yen

fixed-ish

Kato
02-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Sold for 65k :tee hee:

= c.12,000,000 Yen.

son of haggart
02-09-2015, 08:56 PM
The debt is the amount that AB put up for the buy - out.
I don't think it's in their plans to pay that off in the short - term. That's a longer term goal. In the short term, they're using the increased income for working capital.

Ann Budge will be repaid her investment by 2019 (£2.4 million) FOH subscribers currently pay in around £1.4 million per annum so that is not unreasonable

Kato
02-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Ann Budge will be repaid her investment by 2019 (£2.4 million) FOH subscribers currently pay in around £1.4 million per annum so that is not unreasonable

Errm, you'll forgive some of us is we take figures regarding Hearts with a gargantuan pinch of salt.

CropleyWasGod
02-09-2015, 09:25 PM
That's in addition to the 2 instalments of £1.4 million that are required.

It's still achievable, though, if what you say about the current subscriptions is correct.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Errm, you'll forgive some of us is we take figures regarding Hearts with a gargantuan pinch of salt.

Are you suggesting that there is some room for dubiety when the midlothians talk money numbers?

Kato
02-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Are you suggesting that there is some room for dubiety when the midlothians talk money numbers?

Suggesting it?

They should have "room for dubiety when the we talk money" tattooed across their mis-shaped nappers.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Suggesting it?

They should have "room for dubiety when the we talk money" tattooed across their mis-shaped nappers.

:greengrin

GlasgowHibee
02-09-2015, 09:47 PM
There is no way on this holy earth that the yams would get £8million for Young Rolf and Walker!!

I think you're not considering just how much money is down in England. Talking just from a physique perspective, Rolf is far ahead of almost all of the players in Scotland, added to the fact he's a very good attacker for a fullback. He will be Scotland's right back in 2/3 years for the foreseeable future, and English teams are cash rich.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2015, 10:04 PM
I think you're not considering just how much money is down in England. Talking just from a physique perspective, Rolf is far ahead of almost all of the players in Scotland, added to the fact he's a very good attacker for a fullback. He will be Scotland's right back in 2/3 years for the foreseeable future, and English teams are cash rich.

But they think Scottish football's pish so it'll be a championship side that sign him for £1-1.5m.

GlasgowHibee
02-09-2015, 10:22 PM
But they think Scottish football's pish so it'll be a championship side that sign him for £1-1.5m.

Andy Robertson went for 3 million, and I'd say Rolf has as much potential, if not more than him.

Thecat23
02-09-2015, 10:52 PM

If Patterson goes for more than £1m at any point in his career I'll buy a hearts season ticket and watch every home game in a jimmy Savile shell suit.

He's a poor player and even Hearts fans don't rate him. Trust me, whatever they are selling you in Glasgow is pickled your brain 😁

majorhibs
02-09-2015, 11:24 PM
If Patterson goes for more than £1m at any point in his career I'll buy a hearts season ticket and watch every home game in a jimmy Savile shell suit.

He's a poor player and even Hearts fans don't rate him. Trust me, whatever they are selling you in Glasgow is pickled your brain 

Just got to tell it like its happening. Them creaming over yet another nonentity? Part of the masterplan. Mainstreams on it! Dream team next how it makes sense. 6-4-0 still doesnae make sense, cost plenty, & has NEVER been replicated! Tony Mowbray, Marky Venus, Craig Lwashwipes a ...... Uselesss clueless excuse for a football coach with mair chips on his shooders than absolutely any Scotland Fan he ever let down. Excuse for a man.

#FromTheCapital
03-09-2015, 07:11 AM

He's a poor player and even Hearts fans don't rate him. Trust me, whatever they are selling you in Glasgow is pickled your brain 😁

Yes, most of my hearts mates think he's gash as well. Can't say I've ever watched him play other than the derbies from the last couple of years, but from what I've seen the idea of him selling for millions is laughable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2015, 08:05 AM

Step away from the bottle! :-)

Steve20
03-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Andy Robertson went for 3 million, and I'd say Rolf has as much potential, if not more than him.

Andy Robertson is a far far better player.

worcesterhibby
03-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Budge will run them sensibly and will not rack up new debt.

Levein and that hairy thing they have as manager have got them playing winning football with a winning mentality and they will finish in the top 4 this year, probably 3rd behind aberdeen.

If they keep up the same level of football for 2-4 years and manange to finish in the top 4 consistently they will keep the crowds (especially if they have a few good cup runs, which is likely with their current team) and that will generate excess income. Whether it's enough income to build a new stand I wouldn't know. But like it or not, Budge seems a fairly smart cookie and I'm sure the state of the ground is one of her main concerns now that they seem to have got the footballing side of things working well.

As Hibs fans I think we have to spend a bit less time praying that ills befall them and concentrate on supporting Hibernian FC so that in a short period of time we are alongside them vying for the top few places in the Scottish Premiership. Personally ( and I realise it's not a view shared by many) I would love Hibs and Hearts to both be strong and challenging at the top of the Scottish game (with Hibs edging it obviously) it would create a fantastic buzz in the city that would strengthen both clubs and help shift the balance of power a little bit away from Glasgow, while Rangers are still under-performing considering their fan base.

Mikey09
03-09-2015, 09:00 AM

GH. I only need to look at the obscene amount of money the EPL clubs have spent on players this transfer window to realise the market down South has gone completely bonkers. I am not disputing the fact these clubs are throwing money around like confetti. What I am disputing is Paterson is, or will be a multi million pound player. In my opinion he isn't and he won't. Don't get me wrong he has done well for himself like others with limited ability, but for me he has now found his level. He has always been a lad who thinks physique will take you to the top. Even in his Tynie days he was bigger than everyone else but I'm telling you there were better players who played with and against him. Scottish football, thank god, is starting to get away from the "sorry yer to wee" syndrome. Paterson was lucky to be picked up by a club fixated on physique and still are. You are entitled to yer opinion but I respectfully disagree... :thumbsup:

HibbySpurs
03-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Levein and that hairy thing they have as manager have got them playing winning football with a winning mentality and they will finish in the top 4 this year, probably 3rd behind aberdeen.

If they keep up the same level of football for 2-4 years and manange to finish in the top 4 consistently they will keep the crowds (especially if they have a few good cup runs, which is likely with their current team) and that will generate excess income. Whether it's enough income to build a new stand I wouldn't know. But like it or not, Budge seems a fairly smart cookie and I'm sure the state of the ground is one of her main concerns now that they seem to have got the footballing side of things working well.

As Hibs fans I think we have to spend a bit less time praying that ills befall them and concentrate on supporting Hibernian FC so that in a short period of time we are alongside them vying for the top few places in the Scottish Premiership. Personally ( and I realise it's not a view shared by many) I would love Hibs and Hearts to both be strong and challenging at the top of the Scottish game (with Hibs edging it obviously) it would create a fantastic buzz in the city that would strengthen both clubs and help shift the balance of power a little bit away from Glasgow, while Rangers are still under-performing considering their fan base.

This I 100% agree with. :aok:
:top marks

Bad Martini
03-09-2015, 11:49 AM
As Hibs fans I think we have to spend a bit less time praying that ills befall them and concentrate on supporting Hibernian FC

I think there's plenty room for both to occur my good man :greengrin

I had it on good authority they had the funds sorted for this £10m new stand. Ovens at the ready and with their 10 million fans all counting on a quid each from the tooth fairy..........ah hud oan :greengrin nae teeth, plan ****ed :thumbsup:

...they were REALLY pissed off when their Plan B fell threw and Barr's pulled the plug on taking back empty juice bottles :cb

Ach well, nae matter. They can just stand/sit/twirl their scarves under their current pink bus shelter roof...what's a big **** off hole and some asbestos between friends anyway.........:greengrin

Puddle drinking weirdo mutants.

EastCalderHibby
04-09-2015, 08:54 PM
i still think they have designs to piggy back on murrays "garden district" proposal at hermiston sharing a ground with edinburgh rugby.

With regards to land on the boundary between edinburgh and west lothian, think you are looking at the calderwood development outside east calder (there is talk of a new road going to the m8 from this) or you are looking at land around broxburn.

don't want that pile o **** anywhere near east calder gore gay is close enough for my liking

O'Rourke3
04-09-2015, 09:19 PM
don't want that pile o **** anywhere near east calder gore gay is close enough for my liking
The naming of the new Heartland junction may be a clue....

ekhibee
05-09-2015, 12:25 AM
Nobody will end up with a better deal than West Ham ............ The amount of public money spent on the Olympic stadium just to make it suitable for football is a disgrace. West Ham have played a blinder ... For what for them is a peppercorn rent of £2,000,000 a year and a lump sum contribution of about £10,000,000 and that's to build executive boxes and supporters bars they need anyway, they get a brand new 56,000 seater stadium.

As far as I know all the 'public' money concerned is coming from some sort of London 'common good' fund and council tax ..... If it was being funded from UK tax I would be onto my MP in double quick time.
Yep, that's my take on it too. In my opinion they got it because Spurs proposal involved flattening the stadium and re-building? Orient are the ones that really lost out though.

GreenLake
05-09-2015, 02:30 AM
The yams will be salivating ( or should I say savillating?) reading this article (http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/the-shady-money-behind-americas-sports-stadiums).

Keith_M
05-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Slagging off the Yams about this kinda stuff all now sounds a bit hollow.

Fair enough, their Main Stand is cr*p, bit considering their current position compared to ours, I don't think many of them are gonna be crying themselves to sleep about it.

NAE NOOKIE
05-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Slagging off the Yams about this kinda stuff all now sounds a bit hollow.

Fair enough, their Main Stand is cr*p, bit considering their current position compared to ours, I don't think many of them are gonna be crying themselves to sleep about it.

I don't think so either. But if they make Europe its more than likely they will have to use Murrayfield again .. its rubbish for fitba :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 12:05 PM
They need to do something about that pink dump in Gorgie; it's clearly unsafe and can't last much longer. But what about funding it? It would be satisfying to see them leave Edinburgh - how about a nice wee place in the middle of Sutherland? That should be far enough.

Ozyhibby
06-09-2015, 06:56 AM
I don't think so either. But if they make Europe its more than likely they will have to use Murrayfield again .. its rubbish for fitba :greengrin

It's only one game in August, I doubt they will care where it's played.
Slagging their stadium is crap when we are stuck where we are.
I think they will build a new stand in gorgie. It won't be a big as the yams are dreaming about but it will do the job. They will bring in about £4m in player sales in the next 18months and Budge will help finance the rest (another £5m).
Their direct debits are bringing in about £1.2m a year so they should have no probs paying it back.
Crap though it is, with the FoH money, they are in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#FromTheCapital
06-09-2015, 06:59 AM
I think they will build a new stand in gorgie. It won't be a big as the yams are dreaming about but it will do the job. They will bring in about £4m in player sales in the next 18months and Budge will help finance the rest (another £5m).
Their direct debits are bringing in about £1.2m a year so they should have no probs paying it back.

Not sure where to start with this. What a load of pish.

Ozyhibby
06-09-2015, 07:03 AM

Stunning insight. Were you captain of the school debate team?

Keith_M
06-09-2015, 07:18 AM

Eh? But what he said is true.

Just because we're not particularly happy about it doesn't make it pish.

#FromTheCapital
06-09-2015, 07:21 AM

There's just too much drivel for one post that's it's difficult to pick a specific part. Not sure what your prediction is based on? Where are you plucking these figures from?
Their direct debits are still paying off the mess they were in a couple of years ago. What makes you think Budge will pay any of her own money towards this new stand? While I agree that it's difficult to laugh given our position at the moment, I can laugh at posts like this.

Weststandwanab
06-09-2015, 07:25 AM

Is there a third sentence that gives us some insight into that opinion that you can share with us ?

Oh indeed.

Phoenix
06-09-2015, 07:25 AM

This! :top marks

#FromTheCapital
06-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Is there a third sentence that gives us some insight into that opinion that you can share with us ?

Oh indeed.

Haha that's rich coming from you. Multiquote about 5 posts every time just for the sake of it, without saying very much at all yourself.

CropleyWasGod
06-09-2015, 07:55 AM
There's just too much drivel for one post that's it's difficult to pick a specific part. Not sure what your prediction is based on? Where are you plucking these figures from?
Their direct debits are still paying off the mess they were in a couple of years ago. What makes you think Budge will pay any of her own money towards this new stand? While I agree that it's difficult to laugh given our position at the moment, I can laugh at posts like this.
The direct debits have nothing to do with the mess they were in. That's all history now. They're contributing to their current working capital and are arguably a major reason why they're doing well.

greenginger
06-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Strange thing is that for all the Yam's Big Club , full houses , season ticket sales , talk , over the years it has never translated itself into actual cash .

A look at the turnover in the accounts of Hibs and Hearts over the past 12 years show Hearts t/o only exceeded ours by 10 %.

The accounts for Budge's first year in charge will be out in the next couple of months and will be interesting reading. Levein just about busted the Thomson family when he was at Dundee Utd, so we will see if Mrs Budge has been able to keep his spending under control .

As for FoH, I can't get my head around claims of 10,000 monthly D.D.'s. That would take in every regular supporter including kids, oap's, and others who don't even have bank accounts and I know from my smattering of Yam acquaintances that its only a minority who still contribute ( unless the others are ashamed to admit it :greengrin )

son of haggart
06-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Strange thing is that for all the Yam's Big Club , full houses , season ticket sales , talk , over the years it has never translated itself into actual cash .

A look at the turnover in the accounts of Hibs and Hearts over the past 12 years show Hearts t/o only exceeded ours by 10 %.

The accounts for Budge's first year in charge will be out in the next couple of months and will be interesting reading. Levein just about busted the Thomson family when he was at Dundee Utd, so we will see if Mrs Budge has been able to keep his spending under control .

As for FoH, I can't get my head around claims of 10,000 monthly D.D.'s. That would take in every regular supporter including kids, oap's, and others who don't even have bank accounts and I know from my smattering of Yam acquaintances that its only a minority who still contribute ( unless the others are ashamed to admit it :greengrin )

The figure has never been 10,000. FOH have just over 8,000 contributors (including yours truly and every adult hearts fan I know). As far as I am aware it has been fairly steady, perhaps a small amount of growth, for the last year or so.

greenginger
06-09-2015, 09:53 AM
The figure has never been 10,000. FOH have just over 8,000 contributors (including yours truly and every adult hearts fan I know). As far as I am aware it has been fairly steady, perhaps a small amount of growth, for the last year or so.

Thanks for the update, I had the 10,000 figure in my head from an article on Brian Cormack I read.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/brian-cormack-aims-to-build-a-foundation-s-success-1-3786115

I see the 10,000 is just a target.

You obviously know a different set of Hearts fans than I do. That's not saying what has been done by FoH is not an achievement.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2015, 10:42 AM

A very sensible and reasoned take on things.

What the hell dae ye think yer playin at? ..... As a Hibs fan it is your sworn sacred duty to put the boot into the Yams at the slightest opportunity, bunch o' puddle drinking mutants who have been extremely lucky to dodge the full consequences of their financial cheating ... the reason they still need a new stand is coz they spent the money putting a team on the park that humped us 1 - 5 in a Scottish cup final, the last time I looked that result was still in the record books.

Any excuse to take the piss is a good excuse as far as I'm concerned ..... who cares what Hibs circumstances are at the time.

heretoday
06-09-2015, 10:54 AM

What the hell dae ye think yer playin at? ..... As a Hibs fan it is your sworn sacred duty to put the boot into the Yams at the slightest opportunity, bunch o' puddle drinking mutants who have been extremely lucky to dodge the full consequences of their financial cheating ... the reason they still need a new stand is coz they spent the money putting a team on the park that humped us 1 - 5 in a Scottish cup final, the last time I looked that result was still in the record books.

Any excuse to take the piss is a good excuse as far as I'm concerned ..... who cares what Hibs circumstances are at the time.

Hear Hear!

Bostonhibby
06-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the update, I had the 10,000 figure in my head from an article on Brian Cormack I read.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/brian-cormack-aims-to-build-a-foundation-s-success-1-3786115

You obviously know a different set of Hearts fans than I do. That's not saying what has been done by FoH is not an achievement.
Me too, we must know different yams. My in law seems to be an adult. He is the type who watches them on the telly but has the maroon jumper (but no others based on how often he wears it and how long he's owned it).

He is a world authority on all things yam but his missus cuts him down quickly by reminding him he hasn't been to a game for decades! He signed the DD pledge immediately and spouted to anyone who would listen that he was doing his bit.

Imagine our surprise when his missus then revealed he'd cancelled the DD without a payment. The reason? It wasn't needed once Budge "saved" them. His nephew who does go to games did the same.

Suspect there are plenty more who might not be doing what they brag about. They can't help themselves.

Hibernia&Alba
06-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Me too, we must know different yams. My in law seems to be an adult. He is the type who watches them on the telly but has the maroon jumper (but no others based on how often he wears it and how long he's owned it).

He is a world authority on all things yam but his missus cuts him down quickly by reminding him he hasn't been to a game for decades! He signed the DD pledge immediately and spouted to anyone who would listen that he was doing his bit.

Imagine our surprise when his missus then revealed he'd cancelled the DD without a payment. The reason? It wasn't needed once Budge "saved" them. His nephew who does go to games did the same.

Suspect there are plenty more who might not be doing what they brag about. They can't help themselves.

Surely you're not associating Hearts (this time the fans) with a lack of financial transparency, BH? I don't believe it.

Bostonhibby
06-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Surely you're not associating Hearts (this time the fans) with a lack of financial transparency, BH? I don't believe it.

Either that or it could be the changing transparency of the whisky bottle I keep especially for his seasonal visit - never had a single drink off him so I wheel out the same crap every year, topped with a wee bit of whatever we have left over from real friends visits.

Really funny thing is his missus is a Hibs ST holder and she takes his daughter to the football. There's talking and there's doing.

son of haggart
06-09-2015, 11:44 AM

I probably do know a different set of supporters as I am based in London and have been for some years (so most people I know are 40 plus) . Its worth noting we have I think, justover 13,000 season ticket holders so if you discount children and spouses etc, and a proportion who simply can't afford it, 8,100 is probably quite close to saturation point for pledgers.

Smartie
06-09-2015, 11:57 AM
By my calculations, if 8000 or so of them have signed up and are regularly contributing then that leaves 392000 or so who are not. These are figures that make a bit more sense to me.

Many dubious things have happened over the road that we should rightly criticise and take the piss out of them for. But whilst there will be many flumps who have chosen (for whatever reason) not to get involved, there are huge numbers of them who have stood up in their hour of need and put their money where their mouth is. That goes back to before the old regime collapsed and they were being asked to contribute towards mysterious share issues, baking sales and all the rest of it. For that, I suppose, they deserve credit.

It will be interesting to see how they weather the inevitable downturn in form/ general blows that go with being a football club though. It's been easy for them so far, plain sailing as everything has gone their way. The real tests are yet to come. Just see the lather they are getting themselves into over one referee.

wpj
06-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Surely the point of losing an argument and being punished would be to do something that makes you stand out?

Chibs
06-09-2015, 01:07 PM
By my calculations, if 8000 or so of them have signed up and are regularly contributing then that leaves 392000 or so who are not. These are figures that make a bit more sense to me.

Many dubious things have happened over the road that we should rightly criticise and take the piss out of them for. But whilst there will be many flumps who have chosen (for whatever reason) not to get involved, there are huge numbers of them who have stood up in their hour of need and put their money where their mouth is. That goes back to before the old regime collapsed and they were being asked to contribute towards mysterious share issues, baking sales and all the rest of it. For that, I suppose, they deserve credit.

It will be interesting to see how they weather the inevitable downturn in form/ general blows that go with being a football club though. It's been easy for them so far, plain sailing as everything has gone their way. The real tests are yet to come. Just see the lather they are getting themselves into over one referee.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I do that.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2015, 01:22 PM

:faf: That's cheered me up.

greenginger
06-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Yep, Holt was their player who was going to be worth £ 10 million, and went for £ 65,000 training fee.

Seasonal discounts kicking in ! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
06-09-2015, 02:45 PM
IMHO they have 4 players that could possibly be worth a fee. Walker, Nicholson, Patterson and King. It's not hard to imagine them taking in £4m for the 4 of them.

SuperAllyMcleod
06-09-2015, 02:57 PM

I wasn't allowed to join the school debating society - they said I was too tall - I just accepted it as I didn't like to argue.

Bad Martini
08-09-2015, 11:16 AM
It's a ****ing sad day in Leith (and cyberworld) when Hibs fans are telling other Hibs fans that slagging the mutants (justified or otherwise) isn't on when we are in a ****ty position.

I'm not even getting into the complexities and ironies involved here and the fact we ended up where we did by a string of bad appointments and inferior players (none of which would've been an issue with unlimited money as per the puddle drinkers) but just getting back to the point, it'll be a cold day in hell before someone convinces me that slagging hearts and/or our doing well at the same time are required mutually exclusive events.

....off I twaddle to find the good fan rulebook that will clearly state when we are allowed to rip the yams again, relative to Hibs performance on the pitch :rolleyes::aok:

ENDOF :na na: :na na::na na::na na::na na:

Bostonhibby
08-09-2015, 11:26 AM
It's a ****ing sad day in Leith (and cyberworld) when Hibs fans are telling other Hibs fans that slagging the mutants (justified or otherwise) isn't on when we are in a ****ty position.

I'm not even getting into the complexities and ironies involved here and the fact we ended up where we did by a string of bad appointments and inferior players (none of which would've been an issue with unlimited money as per the puddle drinkers) but just getting back to the point, it'll be a cold day in hell before someone convinces me that slagging hearts and/or our doing well at the same time are required mutually exclusive events.

....off I twaddle to find the good fan rulebook that will clearly state when we are allowed to rip the yams again, relative to Hibs performance on the pitch :rolleyes::aok:

ENDOF :na na: :na na::na na::na na::na na:
Can I just add that they bumped all of those they stole from without a backward glance.

Poppy thieves, lest they forget.

jacomo
08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
I very much doubt Budge will pump any more money into Tynecastle. Now that she has saved the club, I imagine she is looking at her exit strategy - getting her money back, and handing over to someone else.

Kato
08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Can I just add that they bumped all of those they stole from without a backward glance.

Poppy thieves, lest they forget.

....not only that their ex-Chairman and Pee-er Of The Realm, Lord Foulkes, is all over social media spreading lies that all those owed money were paid off from some non-existent insurance set-up and that no-one lost out.

Thieves and liars.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2015, 11:41 AM
....not only that their ex-Chairman and Pee-er Of The Realm, Lord Foulkes, is all over social media spreading lies that all those owed money were paid off from some non-existent insurance set-up and that no-one lost out.

Thieves and liars.

Is this the guy you mean? The one who helped introduce them to Romanov and endorsed him.

There is unlikely to have been an insurance scheme given the diversity of the groups of people and companies who were robbed, and what about the tax man?

Even if there was such a scheme, does the existence of one mean that its okay to systematically withhold all of your tax, NI and all of your other liabilities? Tells you everything you need to know about this particular type of politician - delighted he is a yam.

flash
08-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Interesting when people on here defend the sparryheids and rip into Hibs on other threads.

Kato
08-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Is this the guy you mean? The one who helped introduce them to Romanov and endorsed him.

There is unlikely to have been an insurance scheme given the diversity of the groups of people and companies who were robbed, and what about the tax man?

Even if there was such a scheme, does the existence of one mean that its okay to systematically withhold all of your tax, NI and all of your other liabilities? Tells you everything you need to know about this particular type of politician - delighted he is a yam.

That's the guy. The same one that used his "House of Lords contacts" to verify that Vlad was an upstanding business man.

I suppose, by HoL standards, he was.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?301865-Lord-Foulkes/page3

Mikey09
08-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Interesting when people on here defend the sparryheids and rip into Hibs on other threads.

:agree:..... Makes me chuckle as well flash.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2015, 12:08 PM
That's the guy. The same one that used his "House of Lords contacts" to verify that Vlad was an upstanding business man.

I suppose, by HoL standards, he was.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?301865-Lord-Foulkes/page3

:agree: Vlad must have thought he'd won the lottery when this lot came creeping around him, he was able to extract more out of it than he ever imagined. Right down to the cash only transactions for his particular share "issue".

CB_NO3
08-09-2015, 12:11 PM

Not so sure. There is a thread on Brokeback about how much better he is than Hutton and Whittaker

Geo_1875
08-09-2015, 12:13 PM
I very much doubt Budge will pump any more money into Tynecastle. Now that she has saved the club, I imagine she is looking at her exit strategy - getting her money back, and handing over to someone else.

That won't be anytime soon. They are spending every penny that comes in to fund their charge to premier league glory. I doubt she'll see her money back before she joins Mercer.

Geo_1875
08-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Not so sure. There is a thread on Brokeback about how much better he is than Hutton and Whittaker

He's as good as Hutton is now but will never be a match for Whitty on his worst day.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Will Hutton or Roger Whittaker maybe, but it tells you all about the state of Scottish football today if Patterson is seen as a stand out, he is a bit of a coward who can dish it out but doesn't like it when it happens to him and isn't professional or bright enough to control his temper.

HibbySpurs
08-09-2015, 12:43 PM

I find the above very difficult to argue with:cb

HibbySpurs
08-09-2015, 12:49 PM

With any luck that will be some Eastern European "Olicargh" who comes with promises of world cup stars, champions league victories and £50m super duper stands..... They do say lightning never strikes twice but we can always live in hope.....

Thecat23
08-09-2015, 12:52 PM

Really? Saying that Hutton wouldn't get in my Thursday 7's team but Whitty is so far ahead of Paterson he's out of sight.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2015, 01:14 PM

It's certainly a tad ironic to say the least.

jacomo
08-09-2015, 02:21 PM
With any luck that will be some Eastern European "Olicargh" who comes with promises of world cup stars, champions league victories and £50m super duper stands..... They do say lightning never strikes twice but we can always live in hope.....

Only if they do the job properly this time.

Vlad left the final act to the Lithuanian administrators, who let Hertz off the hook. Such sloppiness should not be tolerated.

greenginger
08-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Only if they do the job properly this time.

Vlad left the final act to the Lithuanian administrators, who let Hertz off the hook. Such sloppiness should not be tolerated.

I wonder if there is a writer or reporter out there would like to do a Vlad's version of events during his decade in Scottish football.

I bet he could tell a few tales of dirty deeds from the safety of Moscow.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2015, 04:54 PM
I wonder if there is a writer or reporter out there would like to do a Vlad's version of events during his decade in Scottish football.

I bet he could tell a few tales of dirty deeds from the safety of Moscow.

Aye ... but the man is a stranger to the truth, who would believe anything he had to say.

linlithgowhibbie
08-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Aye ... but the man is a stranger to the truth, who would believe anything he had to say.

About 400.000 Jambos would/did:agree:

Kato
08-09-2015, 06:53 PM
About 400.000 Jambos would/did:agree:

400,000 jambos think they are sponsored by, wait for it, "Save The Children". When in fact some geezer is paying them to wear it. Even their "charity" deal is a snider.

I saw a dude wearing their replica strip today. Looks it cost about 49p to manufacture.

greenginger
08-09-2015, 07:07 PM

I would give it a try. Like to hear about a few things.

Vlad was accused of bribing refs in Lithuania, I would like to know if he had any success here.

Special deals for some players with unrecorded payments ( Skacel for one ) how many more ?

What he thought of the gracious Lord Foulkes as he slobbered around the Boardroom.

Kato
08-09-2015, 08:41 PM

Vlad was accused of bribing refs in Lithuania, I would like to know if he had any success here.

He was laughed out of the room when he suggested to his footballing peers that he be put in charge of referee selection for all matches.

Special deals for some players with unrecorded payments ( Skacel for one ) how many more ?

By "special" you must mean "illegal"?

What he thought of the gracious Lord Foulkes as he slobbered around the Boardroom.

He would see a weak, ungracious, sneak, with pish down his trousers. Foulkes must have been gutted when he was forced to give that gig up.

GreenLake
09-09-2015, 12:32 AM

It would be entirely understandable should anyone be inclined to think that he did.

jacomo
09-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Foulkes must have been gutted when he was forced to give that gig up.

Aye but Foulkes now has the fragrant Budgie to steam into at every home game.

I bet she's utterly charmed by him, and dreams of washing his trousers.

GreenOnions
09-09-2015, 09:39 AM

Weird - Gordon Strachan clearly rates Hutton more highly than Patterson as do one or two managers in the EPL who have paid big bucks for Hutton. Whittaker is playing most weeks in the EPL and scored in an away win at Sunderland last month. Patterson plays for Hearts.

Just the facts :agree:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Weird - Gordon Strachan clearly rates Hutton more highly than Patterson as do one or two managers in the EPL who have paid big bucks for Hutton. Whittaker is playing most weeks in the EPL and scored in an away win at Sunderland last month. Patterson plays for Hearts.

Just the facts :agree:

For what it's worth, i would say that Whittaker (due to his experience and playing at a higher level) should be first choice, with Patterson second. I think Hutton is pretty pony.

Just a pity that Lee Wallace decided to ruin his career by signing for the zombies, as he would probably be really challenging Robertson for left back. As it is, a player playing below prem level in Scotland should not be considered.