PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FERUZ JOINS HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
01-09-2015, 02:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5673)

Greencore
01-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Welcome Islam!!!!

Beefster
01-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Not even a mention of the training facilities. Obviously has an attitude problem.

Greencore
01-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Not even a mention of the training facilities. Obviously has an attitude problem.

Definitely! Get it sorted hibs!

erin go bragh
01-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Welcome young man . Could be a brilliant piece of business from Stubbs .

GGTTH

PatHead
01-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Welcome Feruz

Tha Cabbage Kid
01-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Yas!!!!!!!

KWJ
01-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Surprising, exciting loan signing.

Hope it works out but I can't see really where he's going to fit into the team unless he's simply a cut above.

Big_Franck
01-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Welcome to Hibs wee man, look forward to seeing you in the green and white!

matty_f
01-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Have to say I'm quite excited at this signing, hopefully he comes here with a point to prove and takes us up a level.

Gatecrasher
01-09-2015, 02:50 PM
:flag:

lyonhibs
01-09-2015, 02:52 PM
:flag:

Mon the asylum seekers ! :-P

But seriously, potentially great signing. If his attitude is right, should offer something different

S4uzee
01-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Doesn't look that fast 😀

https://instagram.com/p/7BEQgCympHJzG0lA3OXX4h_FqBYItcPf0Vfus0/

Gatecrasher
01-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Mon the asylum seekers ! :-P

But seriously, potentially great signing. If his attitude is right, should offer something different

:greengrin

since90plustwo
01-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Seems to be another small striker. Not really what we need IMO. Keatings, Cummings, El Alagui, Malonga( For the time being) and now Feruz. I know you can never have too much quality but we seem awfully top heavy considering none of these players can play anywhere else than as a striker. Can see Feruz being lamped on the wing!

Velma Dinkley
01-09-2015, 03:06 PM
feruz can play anywhere in midfield:na na:

db03
01-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Seems to be another small striker. Not really what we need IMO. Keatings, Cummings, El Alagui, Malonga( For the time being) and now Feruz. I know you can never have too much quality but we seem awfully top heavy considering none of these players can play anywhere else than as a striker. Can see Feruz being lamped on the wing!
why is the Scottish mentality that we need big strikers or a big striker??
Barca aint half blessed with height upfront :confused:

bod
01-09-2015, 03:12 PM
:singing:
ooh Feruz Feruz
he's better than me n youze

I'll get my coat

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 03:15 PM
That'll do for me, some fine business conducted by Hibs in this window.

Vault Boy
01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Welcome, Islam. Hopefully this is the move that allows him to flourish and truly show his talent.

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2015, 03:20 PM

Why is Barca always used as a comparison? Like comparing a fiat to a ferrari.

GordonHFC
01-09-2015, 03:24 PM

Made by the same company 😊

ancient hibee
01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
He'll certainly ginger up the dressing room-just what's needed-a bit of needle in the squad.

ekhibee
01-09-2015, 03:25 PM
looks quite a good player:

https://youtu.be/2MZk8WP2rts

Stax
01-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Good loan IMO, looking forward to seeing him play.

Robinho08
01-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Some roasters on the Hibs FB page though. 😅

JJP
01-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Absolutely buzzing with this! Loved watching him in the young Scotland squads. Never thought I'd see the day he signed for Hibs! Welcome to Hibernian Islam.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 03:37 PM
He'll certainly ginger up the dressing room-just what's needed-a bit of needle in the squad.

What does ginger up mean?

hibee-boys
01-09-2015, 03:41 PM
I think every team should have a player who can do the celebratory back flip! Let's hope we see it on a regular basis!:)

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Does this mean my son can fly his Chelsea flag at ER?

Vini1875
01-09-2015, 03:57 PM

No, but a Somali flag would be fine.

The_Horde
01-09-2015, 04:00 PM
I believe in Islam.

Pete
01-09-2015, 04:00 PM
I see the nonces have been on Wikipedia.

Obsessed.

leggeto
01-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Wow, what a signing by the way,that boy would tear up most premier defenses and will run riot for us

Oscar T Grouch
01-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Well the laddie looks to have pace to burn and bags of potential. Let's hope he shows both with us. Welcome tae the Hibees Islam!

Kato
01-09-2015, 04:09 PM

Looks quite, ahem, Latapyesque. Makes some hard things look pretty easy.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2015, 05:19 PM

A Ferrari is a Fiat?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Wonder how long it'll be til he gets his Victor bstrd-o challenge welcoming him to the Scottish game?

Greencore
01-09-2015, 05:43 PM
I see the nonces have been on Wikipedia.

Obsessed.
What was said?

Allan45
01-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Welcome to Hibs. What a scoop:thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
01-09-2015, 06:34 PM

I think Jason will be worried real competiton :aok:

Sammy7nil
01-09-2015, 06:35 PM
No, but a Somali flag would be fine.

Is Islam not Scottish?

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 07:04 PM
I think Jason will be worried real competiton :aok:

I think his place is quite safe. Strong options in midfield for the boss now though.

davemcbain
01-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Ok folks, dumb question (on the right thread this time) - site says "subject to international clearance". Given that he has played for Scotland.......????

I get the born in Somalia bit - just not sure how once someone has played for our national side, they still need clearance.

Anybody know the rules?

SunshineOnLeith
01-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Ok folks, dumb question (on the right thread this time) - site says "subject to international clearance". Given that he has played for Scotland.......????

I get the born in Somalia bit - just not sure how once someone has played for our national side, they still need clearance.

Anybody know the rules?

You got an answer on the other thread ;-)

It's because we signed him from a foreign association (English FA)

Billy Whizz
01-09-2015, 07:11 PM

Anybody know the rules?
Cross border, English FA to Scottish FA

davemcbain
01-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks both

Pretty Boy
01-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Hopefully Stubbs can get the best out of Feruz. One of AS big strengths is his man management so hopefully he can click with Islam and get him focussed.

This could well be last chance saloon for him to save his Chelsea career and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if JM is having a close eye kept on him. It's a bit of a gamble but the boy undoubtedly has talent so if we can get him focussed we could well have found a bit of a gem.

As an aside 1 or 2 of the comments on the Hibs official Facebook page, excluding the ones from the bitter Celtic fans, are a disgrace.

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2015, 09:08 PM
A Ferrari is a Fiat?

Don't be silly now just because fiat group own Ferrari. A Ferrari is most definitely not a fiat!

marinello59
01-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Hopefully Stubbs can get the best out of Feruz. One of AS big strengths is his man management so hopefully he can click with Islam and get him focussed.

This could well be last chance saloon for him to save his Chelsea career and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if JM is having a close eye kept on him. It's a bit of a gamble but the boy undoubtedly has talent so if we can get him focussed we could well have found a bit of a gem.

As an aside 1 or 2 of the comments on the Hibs official Facebook page, excluding the ones from the bitter Celtic fans, are a disgrace.

Remember the impact that Stokes had when he first appeared in Scotland with Falkirk? This guy has the potential to do the same. I'm looking forward to seeing just what he can do.

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2015, 09:17 PM

This reminds me of a similar conversation on a Liverpool forum several months ago :-). I hope this one works out better.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Is Islam not Scottish?

He's a British citizen now but he was born in Somalia and moved to Scotland when he was about 6 or 7 after a short time in England.

Greencore
01-09-2015, 09:54 PM
So did Islam actually turn his back on Scotland? Will he ever get his first full cap for Scotland?

Sir David Gray
01-09-2015, 10:09 PM
So did Islam actually turn his back on Scotland? Will he ever get his first full cap for Scotland?

He said recently that he hasn't turned his back on Scotland and would love to play for Scotland.

Greencore
01-09-2015, 10:30 PM
He said recently that he hasn't turned his back on Scotland and would love to play for Scotland.

Good stuff!

monktonharp
01-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Is Islam not Scottish? Islam McFeruz, Islam Mc Feruz, Islam Islam .....Islam Islam.....Islam McFeruz.:rockin: of course he's Scottish, jist need tae listen tae um

lucky
02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Let's just see if the laddie can play. He's got all the potential but his last 3 loan moves have not worked. I'm not sure if his story is the reason he got the headlines rather than his ability but at 19 he should be more than good enough for this league if his hype is to believed.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Wanted him at hibs for years. ..can't wait to see him play. I reckon he will be a huge favorite

liamh2202
02-09-2015, 08:10 AM

Its an attitude that has stagnated our game for years

db03
02-09-2015, 09:15 AM

purely because they have a very small attack which is effective.
my point originally being that strikers don't need to be big!

IanM
02-09-2015, 11:15 AM
I hope he does come here with ALL his arrogance... but keeps it to the pitch. we've been missing a bully, a show off, someone who can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

Sammy7nil
02-09-2015, 11:31 AM
purely because they have a very small attack which is effective.
my point originally being that strikers don't need to be big!

No they don't, however when identify a good small striker they just have to be the best in the World or the best of their generation :greengrin

erin go bragh
02-09-2015, 12:12 PM

No ! Their just Huns with money :)

GGTTH

since90plustwo
02-09-2015, 01:45 PM

Because traditionally scottish defenders are big and tough and small strikers at this level, unless they are a class above, get pushed about alot. Not just a scottish mentality but you need to have a back up option up front. Players like cummings and keatings arn't going to get their head on crosses or hold up the ball if playing through the middle is not working. Barca comparisons are rediculous considering they have 3 of the most skillful and clinical stikers backed up by 3 incredibly talented midfielders who could hit a cows arse from 200 yards away

AlbertK86
02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
looks quite a good player: https://youtu.be/2MZk8WP2rts

I know that is youth level but he looks as good as he did when he was younger.

Reminds me of Griffiths in the way he gets his shot away really early

Looks very comfortable on both feet

Think this laddie could rip this league apart if he has the right mindset and attitude

Excited to see what McGeough, Henderson, McGinn and Fyvie can put through for him.

AlbertK86
02-09-2015, 02:07 PM

Once he slams a hat trick against the Sevconians he will be pitched in 😉

southsider
02-09-2015, 02:11 PM
The lad got lambasted on Radio Scotland last night. Really bad attitude and "could not wait" to leave a Scotland u21 trip. Well kido go make them eat their words.

AlbertK86
02-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Think the fact he is coming to a team who will be mainly on the attack in the majority of games will really help him.

People going on about his other loans weren't successful but I would imagine these teams were on the back foot the majority of the time.

I reckon his burst of pace over the first few yards and ability to finish with both feet will be just what we've been missing.

Go on Islam ... Prove the jealous doubters wrong a smash in a barrow load for the Hibees

GGTTH

California-Hibs
02-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Still can't get over how we've managed to pull this one off. I think we'll look back at this time for years to come and say 'remember the boy Feruz? Boy what a player, we might not of went up that year without him!'

For me he has it all, and one of the most exciting things he has that will make him a stand out - lightening pace!

Not keeping my feet on the ground at all. I think we're gonna be talking about the guy for years. A major, major scoop for us folks!!

lyonhibs
02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Still can't get over how we've managed to pull this one off. I think we'll look back at this time for years to come and say 'remember the boy Feruz? Boy what a player, we might not of went up that year without him!'

For me he has it all, and one of the most exciting things he has that will make him a stand out - lightening pace!

Not keeping my feet on the ground at all. I think we're gonna be talking about the guy for years. A major, major scoop for us folks!!

I'm marking the above post for if he turns out to be another Duncan Watmore, at least in terms of how he plays for us :greengrin

I hasten to add, I think he could be a great success, but won't be losing my **** over some pretty nifty goals at reserve level on a Youtube clip.

ancient hibee
02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Hopefully this will be the Scott Allan story all over again-good player underachieving,bad attitude needs looking after.

jacomo
03-09-2015, 01:54 PM

He's not anything of note for a club yet. Compared to Feruz, SA had a glittering club career before coming to Hibs.

Obviously hoping for the best but this is a hopeful punt by AS. It might not work out.

Hibiza
03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Welcome Islam.

leither17
03-09-2015, 03:53 PM
He's not anything of note for a club yet. Compared to Feruz, SA had a glittering club career before coming to Hibs.

Obviously hoping for the best but this is a hopeful punt by AS. It might not work out.

Where was the glitter in Allans career before he came here? Only had a handful of games at United then a couple of loans Allan was a punt too imo

Jack
03-09-2015, 04:08 PM

I think keeping his feet on the ground will be challenge after a challenge from likes of a St Midden donkey puts him in orbit!

That apart I hope he does well.

Keith_M
03-09-2015, 05:18 PM
We need to sign somebody called Christian and play them as twin strikers.

jacomo
03-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Where was the glitter in Allans career before he came here? Only had a handful of games at United then a couple of loans Allan was a punt too imo

Er, that was the point I was trying to make.

I should ease off on the sarcasm! :greengrin

HoboHarry
04-09-2015, 02:22 AM

I can only think of Christian Nade and he is already twin strikers by himself is he not?

04-09-2015, 06:21 AM

Reminds me of a song ..... "Oh Christian Dailly, you are the love of my life, Oh Christian Daill I'd let ye sha ...."

Sorry, too much eh?!

147lothian
04-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Worth taking a chance on for me, Stubbs seems to be a master at getting wayward youngsters back on track, could develop into another situation that benefits both the player and the club, like the Scott alan move did, welcome aboard Islam

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-09-2015, 01:01 PM
He turned up to training the other day in a brand new Porsche haha :greengrin

Kato
04-09-2015, 02:06 PM
He turned up to training the other day in a brand new Porsche haha :greengrin

Gordon Smith drove a Porsche, nowt wrong with a bit style. :wink:

ancient hibee
04-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Gordon Smith drove a Porsche, nowt wrong with a bit style. :wink:

Given to him as a "present"