PDA

View Full Version : michael stewart

vuefrom1875
30-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Anyone watching this roaster defending the tramps re the sending off ,,,"robbies quite right to voice his opinions on the ref".......how this toss*r got anywhere Easter Road beggars belief.

cleanyman
30-08-2015, 09:56 PM
The analysis on this show is the worst in the world

FromTheCapital
30-08-2015, 09:56 PM
It wasn't a red in my opinion but it was a definite free kick and a yellow card. How Stewart can say that's it's not a foul is beyond me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
30-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Seething :greengrin

LancsHibs
30-08-2015, 10:01 PM
To be fair he's usually quite sound in his analysis.

LaMotta
30-08-2015, 10:03 PM
The most disgraceful thing about Sportscene tonight is Stuart McCall's horrific cardigan!

Mcpakeisgod
He's bang on, never a sending off, take off the tinted specs and look at it for what it is

Big Ed
To be fair he's usually quite sound in his analysis.

I agree; but he's wrong this time.

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:05 PM
I think Stewart is bang on...and was also good for us when he played. There you go.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2015, 10:09 PM
What's the establishment yams problem? Are they up in arms because the officials forgot to give their boys their penalty this week?

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2015, 10:15 PM
His hair looks like he been taking tips from Cameron Diaz role in "Something About Mary."

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Look at Sportscene though -it's the Editorial decisions that are trying to make it controversial when often it's not required. I reckon the average post-match managers interview will last 4-5mins, and we get to see 10-20 seconds of that. The Editor chooses the clip where the manager complains about the ref and then the presenter turns to the studio guests and says...'controversy there, what's your view?' No win. It's all kack - let's make our own mind up (we can't even agree on this board about Hibs half the time)

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Even more ridiculous that he's just suggested Aberdeen's hand ball goal should probably stand as it wasn't deliberate hand ball by Rooney. He just about caught the ball for crying out loud

Big Ed
30-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Look at Sportscene though -it's the Editorial decisions that are trying to make it controversial when often it's not required. I reckon the average post-match managers interview will last 4-5mins, and we get to see 10-20 seconds of that. The Editor chooses the clip where themanager complains about the ref and then the presenter turns to the studio guests and says...'controversy there, what's your view?' No win. It's all kack - let's make our own mind up (we can't even agree on this board about Hibs half the time)

I agree with you about how the editorial team can stir things up, but on this occasion, Neilson has, more or less, called Collum a cheat.

I agree with Stewart that Collum shouldn't be our top ref, but there is no way a manager can say that about a match official and not expect to incur the wrath of the authorities.

You can't expect the Editor to skip something like that.

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Even more ridiculous that he's just suggested Aberdeen's hand ball goal should probably stand as it wasn't deliberate hand ball by Rooney. He just about caught the ball for crying out loud

He said 9/10 times it'd be handball.

But the rule book says it has to be deliberate - maybe the rules should be changed?

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2015, 10:27 PM
I agree with you about how the editorial team can stir things up, but on this occasion, Neilson has, more or less, called Collum a cheat.

I agree with Stewart that Collum shouldn't be our top ref, but there is no way a manager can say that about a match official and not expect to incur the wrath of the authorities.

Agreed. The radio played the full interview last night and if anything it was more damming! Neilson started off by trying to be clever about "the official" but couldn't keep it up and just started mud slinging.

The **** should get a huge touch line ban, otherwise the precedent is set and refs will be called out every single week.

givescotlandfreedom
30-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Neilson is a fud

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:31 PM

Agree, that decision needs explored, but seriously, every single match if you listened to the Editorial cuts tonight hinged on a refs decision. It's boring, and unreflective of the majority of games.

Anyway, now we have the joys on Jason Roberts on MOTD2. I've never met or heard a more one dimensional individual where he believes only one issue is at the heart of all everyday decisions. Should be interesting zzzzzz

matty_f
30-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Agreed. The radio played the full interview last night and if anything it was more damming! Neilson started off by trying to be clever about "the official" but couldn't keep it up and just started mud slinging.

The **** should get a huge touch line ban, otherwise the precedent is set and refs will be called out every single week.

:agree:

I can see why the boy was sent off. Reckless and out of control going into the challenge imho.

As for Chewbacca, his comments were out of order, especially when the stats don't actually support his argument.

Slim Shady
31-08-2015, 04:14 AM
Reckless tackle is only a yellow card though if you read the rules.

HoboHarry
31-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Reckless tackle is only a yellow card though if you read the rules.
Can you provide a link to that?

GreenLake
31-08-2015, 05:08 AM
I quite like Michael Stewart and his views on football at most other times, but this was one of the most memorable moments watching jambos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhC31VUOQeY

Lago
31-08-2015, 06:37 AM
Anyone watching this roaster defending the tramps re the sending off ,,,"robbies quite right to voice his opinions on the ref".......how this toss*r got anywhere Easter Road beggars belief.
Frankly he is one of the best pundits on Scottish football, summerises the various games pretty well.

#FromTheCapital
31-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Frankly he's a bell-end.

Nutmegged
31-08-2015, 07:45 AM
I think he's one of the best pundits we have, quite like his take on games and isn't afraid to put someones nose out of joint to speak honestly about the game, maybe he'll be a bit more passionate when his own team have been hard done too, I can handle that, I don't always agree with him but can always see why he's making a point, I quite like that.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2015, 08:43 AM
I think he's one of the best pundits we have, quite like his take on games and isn't afraid to put someones nose out of joint to speak honestly about the game, maybe he'll be a bit more passionate when his own team have been hard done too, I can handle that, I don't always agree with him but can always see why he's making a point, I quite like that.

I like him as well. Noticeable last night that they kept going to him cos he's willing to give an opinion, McCall just sat and said yes it was a good goal and that.

The pundits job has to be to give an opinion, surely?

Tricla
31-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Michael Stewart is a massive, massive welt.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Neilson is a fud

And is also second in command. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Sure that he wanted a penalty when he fell over in tunnel?

To be fair, I think he is decent pundit and he had some really good games for us.

Thecat23
31-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Stewart is one of the better pundits out there! He's usually spot on and he's always honest! Says it how it is. Unlike some other roasters on the BBC.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Stewart is probably the best pundit on the telly when it comes to Scottish football. IMO it was a borderline sending off, to me it didn't look like the Yam was trying to hurt the Hamilton player ...... That doesn't make it any less funny mind :greengrin

Somebody should tell Neilson to wash his hair :greengrin

PISTOL1875
31-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Neilson obviously feels he has been hard done by hear and is quite entitled to speak out.. Officials are far too overly protected in this country and have been for years..

I just wish Hibs would sometimes take a leaf from his book and speak out when they are shafted..

Aldo
31-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Jobbie is nowt but a F off grade a yam roaster whose thrown the rattle oot the pram cos his team had a few decisions against them.

GIRFUYYFYF!

ancient hibee
31-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Don't think handball has to be deliberate.Also doesn't matter if you get the ball -it can still be a dangerous tackle.

Stewart is a good pundit but of course has the advantage of being able to say what he likes as he doesn't have a job in football.It's ridiculous that the BBC also use people on Sportscene who are involved in the game and therefore have to watch what they say.

cocopops1875
31-08-2015, 07:50 PM
He certainly wasn't wrong when he said "ask any teams fans about him and they will say the same"

anon1875
31-08-2015, 08:10 PM
I like him

PISTOL1875
31-08-2015, 08:31 PM
you should see what he says about him in the Sun today

Slim Shady
01-09-2015, 05:18 AM
Can you provide a link to that?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

There in black and white under FIFA Laws of the Game.

Reckless tackle - player shall be cautioned

HappyAsHellas
01-09-2015, 07:52 AM
The same rules say that if a player "lunges" at an opponent from behind, the side, or in front then it is serious foul play which is a straight red.

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
The same rules say that if a player "lunges" at an opponent from behind, the side, or in front then it is serious foul play which is a straight red.

No wonder the refs are inconsistent!