PDA

View Full Version : hibs compared to rangers

Unseen work
30-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Up to the final third I personally don't think there is a major difference.

There defence play the ball out and the full backs get forward and support the attacks similar to us, but defensively they look dodgy and conceeded slack goals like us

The midfield play good football but the main difference for me is there eagerness and desire to go beyond the striker. 3 of there goals today was from the midfielder going beyond the striker to score. They have alot of different people who are popping up with goals because of this, unlike us who rely heavily on the strikers.

The front 3 play very fluently and interchange positions, never static and pull defenders out of there position because of this.

The guy waghorn is very good at holding the ball up and liking the play between midfield and strikers. He is also unselfish and pulls wide to put a ball in for a team mate.

They have had a pre season free of injuries and got there formation and first 11 settled with a clear view of how they play. Us on the other hand have a different team/formation out most games.

GreenLake
30-08-2015, 01:46 PM

There defence play the ball out and the full backs get forward and support the attacks similar to us, but defensively they look dodgy and conceeded slack goals like us

The midfield play good football but the main difference for me is there eagerness and desire to go beyond the striker. 3 of there goals today was from the midfielder going beyond the striker to score. They have alot of different people who are popping up with goals because of this, unlike us who rely heavily on the strikers.

The front 3 play very fluently and interchange positions, never static and pull defenders out of there position because of this.

The guy waghorn is very good at holding the ball up and liking the play between midfield and strikers. He is also unselfish and pulls wide to put a ball in for a team mate.

They have had a pre season free of injuries and got there formation and first 11 settled with a clear view of how they play. Us on the other hand have a different team/formation out most games.

They won't get as many injuries because refs protect them while our boys get clattered from behind with impunity.

PercyHibs
30-08-2015, 02:02 PM

I think the difference is their full backs can attack effectively. Ours can't.

ancient hibee
30-08-2015, 02:24 PM
I think a bigger difference is that nobody in our team plays with any authority.Yesterday I thought we came off second best physically most of the time particularly in the air-Henderson needs to learn he's not playing for Celtic now so won't get a foul every time he falls over in the tackle.We spent a good bit of the second half hoofing the ball up the park instead of controlling the game.

Smartie
30-08-2015, 02:44 PM
They've been getting goals early(ish) and it has settled them. It will be interesting to see how they cope the first time they go more than an hour without scoring, or if they get a major decision against them.

I'm genuinely not that impressed by them. Their results have been good, it is impressive that they have won the games they have but they are not the magnificent footballing machine that everyone makes them out to be.

Everything has gone their way so far but fair play to them - they have capitalised. Getting good early results gives them a chance to do "a Hearts" and have teams beaten before they even kick off against them.

The best thing we can do is totally ignore them for a while - let's worry about our own games. Yesterday was much better but I must admit that I'm quite happy not to be playing Falkirk next weekend. We've got an extra few weeks to get players fit and integrated into our squad and that is a tough game that can come around at a better time. I think we've got a lot of good players and need to go on a decent run now - we have a reasonably favourable run of fixtures that should allow us to do so. Maximum points before we take on Falkirk, Raith and The Rangers at the end of October/ start of November must be the target.

FWIW I think we have a better goalkeeper, better centre-halves and better central midfielders.

I think they have better full-backs, better wide players and a few pretty good "game-changers" or "wild card" players that can give you a bit extra something to decide a game later on.

I don't think there's much between the strikers, I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to swap ours for theirs.

We've already had a honking result (Dumbarton) and lost a head-to-head, weathered an injury crisis, lost goals through goalkeeping howlers and endured the very disruptive "Scott Allan saga" whereas everything so far has gone their way.

They do seem to be fitter and have a more stable tactical plan but I wonder if they might be a bit one-dimensional? I think we've got more ways of potentially mixing it up to win games.

Smartie
30-08-2015, 02:46 PM
I think a bigger difference is that nobody in our team plays with any authority.Yesterday I thought we came off second best physically most of the time particularly in the air-Henderson needs to learn he's not playing for Celtic now so won't get a foul every time he falls over in the tackle.We spent a good bit of the second half hoofing the ball up the park instead of controlling the game.

I'm not so sure - McGinn has played with a fair bit of authority, as has McGeoch.

Scottie
30-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Good versus evil (simples ) :thumbsup:

bigwheel
30-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Good versus evil (simples ) :thumbsup:

This. 100%

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 03:05 PM
They've been getting goals early(ish) and it has settled them. It will be interesting to see how they cope the first time they go more than an hour without scoring, or if they get a major decision against them.

I'm genuinely not that impressed by them. Their results have been good, it is impressive that they have won the games they have but they are not the magnificent footballing machine that everyone makes them out to be.

Everything has gone their way so far but fair play to them - they have capitalised. Getting good early results gives them a chance to do "a Hearts" and have teams beaten before they even kick off against them.

The best thing we can do is totally ignore them for a while - let's worry about our own games. Yesterday was much better but I must admit that I'm quite happy not to be playing Falkirk next weekend. We've got an extra few weeks to get players fit and integrated into our squad and that is a tough game that can come around at a better time. I think we've got a lot of good players and need to go on a decent run now - we have a reasonably favourable run of fixtures that should allow us to do so. Maximum points before we take on Falkirk, Raith and The Rangers at the end of October/ start of November must be the target.

FWIW I think we have a better goalkeeper, better centre-halves and better central midfielders.

I think they have better full-backs, better wide players and a few pretty good "game-changers" or "wild card" players that can give you a bit extra something to decide a game later on.

I don't think there's much between the strikers, I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to swap ours for theirs.

We've already had a honking result (Dumbarton) and lost a head-to-head, weathered an injury crisis, lost goals through goalkeeping howlers and endured the very disruptive "Scott Allan saga" whereas everything so far has gone their way.

They do seem to be fitter and have a more stable tactical plan but I wonder if they might be a bit one-dimensional? I think we've got more ways of potentially mixing it up to win games.

They went more than an hour without scoring last week.

Keith_M
30-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Local Football team that pays it's bills, has links to the Community and Fans who generally only sing songs about Football

v

Reincarnation of an Establishment Club that dumped millions in debt, had a sectarian signing policy for roughly 80 years, supported largely by glory hunters and sectarian bigots with the odd nazi salute thrown in for good measure.

#FromTheCapital
30-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Local Football team that pays it's bills, has links to the Community and Fans who generally only sing songs about Football

v

Reincarnation of an Establishment Club that dumped millions in debt, had a sectarian signing policy for roughly 80 years, supported largely by glory hunters and sectarian bigots with the odd nazi salute thrown in for good measure.

Excellent summary

Lago
30-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Excellent summary
May well be, but it wont stop them running away with the league based on current form.

Onion
30-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Sevco are at the top of their game at the mo. Everything seems to be going their way and they can't play any better than they are.

For Hibs, it's just a matter of hanging in there, matching their wins knowing that we can and WILL get better once we get a settled formation and players (like Keatings) get up to speed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2015, 04:13 PM
The problem is, apart from us I'm struggling to see who will give them a decent game.

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 04:18 PM
The problem is, apart from us I'm struggling to see who will give them a decent game.

St mirren have given them a game already at ibrox and IMO would have beaten them if Stephen Thomson never had a nightmare that day

Smartie
30-08-2015, 04:29 PM
They went more than an hour without scoring last week.

Fair enough then.

I didn't realise the goal was that late (65 mins), had it in my mind it was not long after half time.

I still think it will be interesting to see how patient their fans are with their wonderteam if they go a long time without scoring against one of the "other" teams though.

HH81
30-08-2015, 04:35 PM
St mirren have given them a game already at ibrox and IMO would have beaten them if Stephen Thomson never had a nightmare that day

Too many ifs and buts for me. They have the points on the board and we don't.

No excuses though as we have had the chances.

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Fair enough then.

I didn't realise the goal was that late (65 mins), had it in my mind it was not long after half time.

I still think it will be interesting to see how patient their fans are with their wonderteam if they go a long time without scoring against one of the "other" teams though.

Totally agree with this mate...even against us last week their fans were very quiet before that free kick that never was. Once teams know how to set up against them...perhaps in 2nd and 3rd Round of fixtures...there could be some frustrating times ahead for Sevco

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Too many ifs and buts for me. They have the points on the board and we don't.

No excuses though as we have had the chances.

The quote was in reply to someone saying no one else would give them a game.. Well st mirren did and as pointed out next time have the ability to take points from them

erin go bragh
30-08-2015, 05:16 PM
No comparison . We pay our bills , tax .

GGTTH

Ronster117
30-08-2015, 05:18 PM
The only difference I can see is at the moment they are scoring when they get chances, we aren't. Once our better players are up to speed I expect that to change, I just hope they are not too far ahead when that time comes. :flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2015, 05:37 PM

I gave up on ifs and buts a while ago now, winning is whats required.

HH81
30-08-2015, 06:12 PM
The quote was in reply to someone saying no one else would give them a game.. Well st mirren did and as pointed out next time have the ability to take points from them

I think we might beat them at home but need to win every game until then to keep in touch.

Glory Lurker
30-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I think we might beat them at home but need to win every game until then to keep in touch.

I don't see why we couldn't do that. I thought a few of the team yesterday were playing within themselves, but we still were well on top. Rangers may well swat all the other teams away with more goals than we do, but there really is no reason why the title shouldn't come down to the head-to-heads.

Hibeesmad
30-08-2015, 06:59 PM
They have signed better players than what they had last season so therefore have improved, we need to avoid the start that we had last season and no doubt we will be challenging them. They will drop points at some point