PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

DH1875
30-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Starts today for Queens. Good to see how well he does up against Wallace.

West hamBERNIAN
30-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Starts today for Queens. Good to see how well he does up against Wallace.

God the commentators are truly awful. Surprised they don't sing along with rangers fans.

erin go bragh
30-08-2015, 11:56 AM
What channel is the game on ?

GGTTH

Dinkydoo
30-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Nice link up play from Harris there

Hibee_Lisa
30-08-2015, 12:01 PM

GGTTH

BTSport 1

Hanny
30-08-2015, 12:01 PM

GGTTH

BT Sports 1

erin go bragh
30-08-2015, 12:02 PM
BTSport 1

Cheers

Onion
30-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Decent run and shot by Harris.

Since their goal, Sevco have been excellent - quick, accurate passing, always probing QOS defence and players comfortable taking the ball under pressure. Much more variation in their play than anything Hibs have produced this season :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Lee Wallace injured.

Could be interesting to see how they cope without an attacking full back on both sides.

Golden Bear
30-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Alex Harris would have made a better career for himself as a professional athlete.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Wtf is the Queens player doing there?

Clean through in the last minute of the half and tries to pass it through 2 players to a team mate. Have a ****ing shot!

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I dont think the Rangers have been that great tbh...similar to last week v us. BT Sport are so biased thoits like watching The Rangers TV

SaulGoodman
30-08-2015, 12:22 PM

Since their goal, Sevco have been excellent - quick, accurate passing, always probing QOS defence and players comfortable taking the ball under pressure. Much more variation in their play than anything Hibs have produced this season :rolleyes:

Yawn.

Squealing pig
30-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Brings a tear to the eye

Greencore
30-08-2015, 12:27 PM

K.

Albanian Hibs
30-08-2015, 12:28 PM

Pish. Take it you weren't there yesterday?

erin go bragh
30-08-2015, 12:31 PM

Really ?

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 12:35 PM
QOTS down to 10 men.

Looks like Rangers won't be dropping points today.

Smartie
30-08-2015, 12:36 PM
The The Rangers goal was superb and in the 10 minutes after that they were playing some nice enough stuff.

It's not like we're watching the "total football" of the Dutch, superb Spanish tiki-taka or the 1970 Brazil team though.

They've had a moment of inspiration, played decent stuff in patches but generally toiled against a packed defence. If that numpty who decided to pass it when clean through had made a better decision then this might be a very different game.

I can't believe that some folk are using this to give Hibs a kicking. We were miles better in the first half yesterday than the Rangers have been in this game. They were lucky to beat us and were lucky that St Mirren missed the penalty against them at a crucial time in that game.

Warburton will be loving the "fear factor" that the media are helping to generate for them and the last thing Hibs need is for their own fans to be seduced by it as well.

Just seen the sending off - an absolutely scandalous and utterly disgraceful decision so it looks like the refs are doing their bit for them as well.

Onion
30-08-2015, 12:37 PM
QOTS down to 10 men.

What a surpise, dodgy decision hands Sevco the match :rolleyes: GFA doing everything they can.

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 12:37 PM
QOTS down to 10 men.

Prime example why it should be only the referee that should make decisions like that.. Fourth official and linesman are desperate to make calls that just arnt there

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 12:38 PM
This is laughable

Golden Bear
30-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Game over. No doubt about the penalty imo.

SaulGoodman
Never a red. Never a pen.

Is anyone surprised?

Sylar
Could be down to 9 for me - surprised he wasn't sent off for the penalty!

0-2 Rangers.

SaulGoodman
30-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Game over. No doubt about the penalty imo.

Rangers boy ran into the QoS player.

fishybeaver
Qots should start a petition against this ref.......

Pretty Boy
QOTS look utter guff. Surprised they have started so well, we should be humping them.

PISTOL1875
30-08-2015, 12:42 PM
The The Rangers goal was superb and in the 10 minutes after that they were playing some nice enough stuff.

It's not like we're watching the "total football" of the Dutch, superb Spanish tiki-taka or the 1970 Brazil team though.

They've had a moment of inspiration, played decent stuff in patches but generally toiled against a packed defence. If that numpty who decided to pass it when clean through had made a better decision then this might be a very different game.

I can't believe that some folk are using this to give Hibs a kicking. We were miles better in the first half yesterday than the Rangers have been in this game. They were lucky to beat us and were lucky that St Mirren missed the penalty against them at a crucial time in that game.

Warburton will be loving the "fear factor" that the media are helping to generate for them and the last thing Hibs need is for their own fans to be seduced by it as well.

Just seen the sending off - an absolutely scandalous and utterly disgraceful decision so it looks like the refs are doing their bit for them as well.

The only thing that is scandalous is your viewpoint of the sending off.. The QOTS player motioned to headbutting the Hun.. It is a red every day of the week pal.. Learn the rules before posting...

Del Boy
30-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Madden is a former season ticket holder at Ibrox.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Handbags for the sending off, a decent referee would have told the pair of them to grow up and get on with the game.

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 12:46 PM
[/B]The only thing that is scandalous is your viewpoint of the sending off.. The QOTS player motioned to headbutting the Hun.. It is a red every day of the week pal.. Learn the rules before posting...

No danger imho. That would be like comparing a push to a punch.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 12:47 PM
3-0 Sevco.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 12:47 PM
3-0 Holt.

Harris blasted a decent chance over the roof of the stand about a minute before.

erin go bragh
30-08-2015, 12:48 PM
3-0 ) game over .

GGTTH

Sylar
30-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Handbags for the sending off, a decent referee would have told the pair of them to grow up and get on with the game.

Ref didn't make the decision though, the fourth official did. Madden wasn't even looking at it so he went on the word of his assistant.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Maybe before teams play derhun, they should liaise with Neilson, see what the best way to prepare is by training with ten players?

dalkeith stu
30-08-2015, 12:49 PM
[/B]The only thing that is scandalous is your viewpoint of the sending off.. The QOTS player motioned to headbutting the Hun.. It is a red every day of the week pal.. Learn the rules before posting...
No doubt about the qots red card but the sevco player was the one who made the initial contact with the head. So it's OK to stick the head in someone but you can't push him away with your head??? For the pen the qots player stood his ground and the sevco player ran into him. What could he do?? Teleport???

Agnes Gordon
30-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Wise up, both players were at it, a booking for each of them......at worst

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Qots are rank.. Unfortunately for us Alex hasn't stood out amongst it

Sir David Gray
4-0 Sevco.

Pretty Boy
4-0.

This could be double figures, Queens are a total shambles.

Smartie

Learn the rules before posting?

It was a silly wee coming together. If you go by the letter of the law you could say that Tavernier raised his hands. Then there was the silly wee heads together thing they did (and you see a lot of) - whilst I would say that you could make an argument that Lyle motioned his head more than the other guy (and yes, I know the rules) it is mental to suggest that one player out of that is deserving of a red card.

The officials got it totally wrong and ruined the game imo.

Sylar
30-08-2015, 12:53 PM
0-4

Very well worked goal.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Ref didn't make the decision though, the fourth official did. Madden wasn't even looking at it so he went on the word of his assistant.

Fair point.

I think that's another argument for video replays.

Hopefully if the referee had had the ability to see that incident again, he would have taken the decision to give the pair of them a telling off and nothing more.

Since they were both squaring up to each other, if Lyle goes then the Sevco player has to go as well.

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2015, 12:59 PM
To be fair the ref has ruined this match...first with the ridiculous red card and then the softpen mins later. QOS dont look great to be fair...first time they have been tested this season having faced Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton in league and they have looked poor. But Sevco with a massive helping hamd from officialdom yet again

Onceinawhile
30-08-2015, 01:02 PM

Motioning to headbutt is not a red card offence. Kris boyd managed to appeal it.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 01:04 PM
5-0 Sevco, another penalty.

Sylar
30-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Another penalty - no debate as his hand was clearly out!

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2015, 01:07 PM
We are really up against it this season not just Sevco but clearly the refs also going by
last week and today

Onion
30-08-2015, 01:08 PM
To be fair the ref has ruined this match...first with the ridiculous red card and then the softpen mins later. QOS dont look great to be fair...first time they have been tested this season having faced Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton in league and they have looked poor. But Sevco with a massive helping hamd from officialdom yet again

You can't understate the impact this has. Games that are finely balanced completely change on a few key decisions. Team that get the favours become emboldened, the team on the receiving end become a shambles. Seen that often enough against the Yams over the years.

Gatecrasher
30-08-2015, 01:09 PM
5-1 that's qots dead now, may as well no scored :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2015, 01:09 PM
5-1 that's qots dead now, may as well no scored :greengrin

Was just gonna post this haha

Mr White
30-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Martyn waghorn looks like todd from breaking bad.

Actually he looks more like russell Howard.

HH81
30-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Looks like were playing for 2nd?

Mr White
30-08-2015, 01:20 PM

Far too early to say that imo. Yes they look strong but they're definitely beatable and it's a long season.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2015, 01:21 PM

It's only August, long long way to go

Scorrie

Let's see after we've played them at ER

liamh2202

Oh dear lol. Qots were brutal. The game today showed me nothing apart from first half rangers were just as bad

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 01:27 PM

I think they'll win the league but I certainly won't be conceding it at the end of August, after four games.

They were fortunate to beat us last week, the only downside is that we appear to be the only side capable of beating them.

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Archie Lovell talking sense about all the decisions IMO

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2015, 01:39 PM

That's the spirit......

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I think they'll win the league but I certainly won't be conceding it at the end of August, after four games.

They were fortunate to beat us last week, the only downside is that we appear to be the only side capable of beating them.

St Mirren missed penalty at 2-1.

Never saw Today's game but sounds like they got their usual decisions.....

I honestly think they are bang average, and we will get better and better.....Long way to go, before handing out the medals

GreenLake
30-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Refs in this country help them against other teams and help other teams against us.

HH81
30-08-2015, 02:03 PM
That's the spirit......

Harris looks finished at Hibs based on today?

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Harris looks finished at Hibs based on today?

Never saw game, but given he has been at Dundee and QOTS on loan, that would suggest he isn't in the plans.....

PISTOL1875
30-08-2015, 03:29 PM

It was a silly wee coming together. If you go by the letter of the law you could say that Tavernier raised his hands. Then there was the silly wee heads together thing they did (and you see a lot of) - whilst I would say that you could make an argument that Lyle motioned his head more than the other guy (and yes, I know the rules) it is mental to suggest that one player out of that is deserving of a red card.

The facts are that yes both players came together with their heads but Lyle went to headbutt him and motioned in a way that would be deemed as violent conduct , hence the fact he was sent off... The 4th official seen the incident and correctly suggested to the ref that Lyle should be sent off...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2015, 03:39 PM
So... How did Harris get on then?

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2015, 05:09 PM

Here is that quote again, i see it more and more whenever a player is sent off. I have never thought a sending off has ever ruined the game, and i'd love to see us play 10 men every week even better if it was 9. :greengrin

thebausburst
30-08-2015, 05:20 PM

Pretty anonymous, but then the whole QoTS team were following the sending off!

Smartie
30-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Here is that quote again, i see it more and more whenever a player is sent off. I have never thought a sending off has ever ruined the game, and i'd love to see us play 10 men every week even better if it was 9. :greengrin

And I'm sure it didn't ruin it for the The Rangers fans today.

I suppose it would be stretching it to call me a neutral today but it was game over when he was sent off, killed it as a spectacle and it was then inevitable that The Rangers would run in a few goals. It had been quite interesting up to that point and the decision of the Queens player to square it when clean through was as bad as the referee's decision to send the player off. It could have been a very different outcome if these 2 incidents either side of half-time hadn't gone the way they did.

I think I know what you mean though - the referee is there to enforce the rules, not ensure it is a good spectacle for the neutrals. My main bugbear is when "pundits" praise them for keeping their cards in their pocket. If it's a booking then it's a booking regardless what stage in the game it is. If that means lots of players get sent off later then so be it.

I could have switched off at that point today though because watching The Rangers run in lots of goals is never my idea of entertainment.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 05:35 PM

Didn't do a lot. One shot the keeper saved comfortably and he blasted over the stand from. 12 yards when he should have done better.

Tough game for him to shine but if he wasn't our player he didn't do anything today that would have folk screaming for us to sign him.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2015, 05:42 PM
And I'm sure it didn't ruin it for the The Rangers fans today.

I suppose it would be stretching it to call me a neutral today but it was game over when he was sent off, killed it as a spectacle and it was then inevitable that The Rangers would run in a few goals. It had been quite interesting up to that point and the decision of the Queens player to square it when clean through was as bad as the referee's decision to send the player off. It could have been a very different outcome if these 2 incidents either side of half-time hadn't gone the way they did.

I think I know what you mean though - the referee is there to enforce the rules, not ensure it is a good spectacle for the neutrals. My main bugbear is when "pundits" praise them for keeping their cards in their pocket. If it's a booking then it's a booking regardless what stage in the game it is. If that means lots of players get sent off later then so be it.

I could have switched off at that point today though because watching The Rangers run in lots of goals is never my idea of entertainment.

:agree:

Just don't watch them, i never even knew they were playing until i saw the thread on here. :greengrin

monktonharp
01-09-2015, 12:04 AM
Here is that quote again, i see it more and more whenever a player is sent off. I have never thought a sending off has ever ruined the game, and i'd love to see us play 10 men every week even better if it was 9. :greengrintry and keep up Blackpool. even big teams train, as if they will end up with 10 men.:wink: wee teams going to castle greyskull should expect it

jdships
01-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Gather the scenario with Harris is to see what he makes of this season with QofS and based on that his future will be decided in May
It seems the ER backroom staff were looking for him to become more of an " impact player" and up to now this hasn't happened .
Also heard that Dundee made no offer for him at the end of his loan spell
Pity for the lad as I personally thought he would make it !!
:flag:

J-C
02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Gather the scenario with Harris is to see what he makes of this season with QofS and based on that his future will be decided in May
It seems the ER backroom staff were looking for him to become more of an " impact player" and up to now this hasn't happened .
Also heard that Dundee made no offer for him at the end of his loan spell
Pity for the lad as I personally thought he would make it !!
:flag:

Harris is like Stanton and Handling, at their age they should be 1st team regulars in this league and they're nowhere near starters, they all have long contracts so we can't afford to pay them off.