PDA

View Full Version : McGinn

Dublin07
29-08-2015, 07:41 PM
I thought McGinn was outstanding today and deserved a thread of his own. Overall much more enjoyable but McGinn stood out with his skill and overall play. Much better balance in midfield and much better to watch.

Pretty Boy
29-08-2015, 07:44 PM
He was MOTM by a distance today.

That's not meant to take away from anyone else as several players played well but he just does the simple things right, wants the ball, moves it well, runs with it, tracks back when we lose possession and seems to be in the right place more often than not.

We have a very good player here and getting him on a 4 year deal was a great bit of business as he's destined for a higher level. We should enjoy him whilst he's here.

ronaldo7
29-08-2015, 07:44 PM
The lad is a Hibernian Ledge in the making.

Please give him the Number 4 shirt next season.

frazeHFC
29-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Brilliant again today. Works hard and doesn't seem cocky, just gets on with it. Great signing.

Famous Fiver
29-08-2015, 07:48 PM
To any Jambos lurking :na na::na na::na na:

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2015, 07:50 PM
I thought McGinn was outstanding today and deserved a thread of his own. Overall much more enjoyable but McGinn stood out with his skill and overall play. Much better balance in midfield and much better to watch.

:aok: To be fair I nearly put up a thread for Keatings but didn't want to overshadow McGinn's performance. We had many good performances today but McGinn was fantastic.

Loved Keatings celebration though. Sublime finish and he showed what it meant.

sbell1875
29-08-2015, 07:53 PM
I thought Bartley had an excellent game. Broke up play and got forward to support the attack on a number of occasions.

In fact, he seemed to be playing more of an advanced role than McGeouch today which surprised me.

Big L
29-08-2015, 07:55 PM
The lads got it all, and, we have him on a 4yr contract. McGinn is a player we can build a team around! When I look at the players Stubbs has around him in midfield like Fyvie, Martin, McGeough, Bartley, Carmichael and Stanton you have to see that He has got it right!

Andy74
29-08-2015, 07:55 PM
I thought Bartley had an excellent game. Broke up play and got forward to support the attack on a number of occasions.

In fact, he seemed to be playing more of an advanced role than McGeouch today which surprised me.

They seemed to swap when we had the ball to allow McGeouch to start play from deep.

McGinn is way better than I expected. Class act in the making.

KWJ
29-08-2015, 07:58 PM
He plays with great enthusiasm that's enjoyable to watch and he's tenacious with fancy footwork and a drop of the shoulder. Can fair strike a ball too, goals will come.

bingo70
29-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised at the presence Mcginn has. For a young guy he's quite strong looking.

He's still quite raw and makes some poor decisions at times but I think he's going yo be a very good player.

hfc rd
29-08-2015, 08:07 PM
He's starting to become my favourite player at Hibs. We certainly have a huge star in our hands. Keep it going McGinn!

GGTTH

Weststandwanab
29-08-2015, 08:07 PM
:aok: To be fair I nearly put up a thread for Keatings but didn't want to overshadow McGinn's performance. We had many good performances today but McGinn was fantastic.

Loved Keatings celebration though. Sublime finish and he showed what it meant.

Good to read.

For those of us season ticket holders who coud not make it today could you describe it for us ?

bingo70
29-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Good to read.

For those of us season ticket holders who coud not make it today could you describe it for us ?

Pulled a hearts top out his briefs and pissed on it.

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2015, 08:13 PM

Unsung hero today. Went about his job well. Great attitude I thought.

Also had a great turn in the box second half and should've pulled the trigger.

LaMotta
29-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Good to read.

Shoooed Bartley out the way ( who was going for a man hug) to sprint over to celebrate emphatically in front of the east!

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Good to read.

Sprinted towards the East, motioned to the other players to get out his road and gave a big fist pump in front of the fans. Genuinely looked delighted, like he'd just scored a last minute winner against Real Madrid.

Peach of a goal and celebrated in appropraite fashion :flag:

JimBHibees
29-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Pulled a hearts top out his briefs and pissed on it.

:faf::faf: quite disgusting to see but entertaining nonetheless. :greengrin

Carheenlea
29-08-2015, 08:55 PM
I don`t pay too much attention to football other than Hibs, so I didn`t know too much about John McGinn, but I have been hugely impressed with what I have seen so far. Deservedly won MOM this afternoon with a terrific performance, and if he can maintain that level of performance on a weekly basis we really do have a player on our hands. Has all the attributes that really endears a player to supporters. He looks like he is going to be a hugely popular player.

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2015, 09:09 PM
I don`t pay too much attention to football other than Hibs, so I didn`t know too much about John McGinn, but I have been hugely impressed with what I have seen so far. Deservedly won MOM this afternoon with a terrific performance, and if he can maintain that level of performance on a weekly basis we really do have a player on our hands. Has all the attributes that really endears a player to supporters. He looks like he is going to be a hugely popular player.

I'd heard of him but hadn't really seen very much of him (or at least not enough to pass judgement). Today I was ultra impressed. Not getting carried away as he's still young and will have inconsistent displays.

Whole midfield was excellent today.

Big L
29-08-2015, 09:12 PM
He was MOTM by a distance today.

That's not meant to take away from anyone else as several players played well but he just does the simple things right, wants the ball, moves it well, runs with it, tracks back when we lose possession and seems to be in the right place more often than not.

We have a very good player here and getting him on a 4 year deal was a great bit of business as he's destined for a higher level. We should enjoy him whilst he's here.
Absolutely spot on!

bingo70
29-08-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd heard of him but hadn't really seen very much of him (or at least not enough to pass judgement). Today I was ultra impressed. Not getting carried away as he's still young and will have inconsistent displays.

Whole midfield was excellent today.

There's about 4 or 5 McGinns on the go just now and I admit I got the wrong one. I thought I'd rated our one for about 4 or 5 years then I was told he wad only 19 or 20.

I'm still not sure who the other ones are or who they play for but I'm sure they exist.

TRC
29-08-2015, 09:17 PM
There's about 4 or 5 McGinns on the go just now and I admit I got the wrong one. I thought I'd rated our one for about 4 or 5 years then I was told he wad only 19 or 20.

I'm still not sure who the other ones are or who they play for but I'm sure they exist.

Are they not 3 brothers that all started at st mirren, the othertwo play for Dundee now i think.

bingo70
29-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Are they not 3 brothers that all started at st mirren, the othertwo play for Dundee now i think.

I think I also got him mixed up with McLean, Think there's a few of them too?!

Roxyhibee
29-08-2015, 09:23 PM
McGinn was excellent and feel there's a helluva lot more to come from him. Once Henderson gets match fit (because 3 full games in 8 days is the most he's played in a long time), Hibs will have one of the best midfields in Scottish football..no fear from any team in that area..

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Looks a player. To get him on a 4 year deal was a real coup.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Looks like he has been with us for years and came through the youth system. Out of him McGeough and Bartley, we might get back to a pairing like McBride and Miller which was great when they both were on their game.

Mr White
29-08-2015, 09:39 PM

Aye john and his brothers paul and Stephen all played for Saint mirren. Their grandad is jack mcginn the former celtc chairman and sfa president.

stoneyburn hibs
29-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Looks a player. To get him on a 4 year deal was a real coup.

It was a great bit of business. Good potential, has great energy and a livewire. Likes a dig at goal too. He'll score a peach in the coming weeks.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2015, 09:59 PM

Paul McGinn plays for Dundee, Stephen McGinn signed for Wycombe a few weeks ago, from Dundee.

Capt Mainwaring
29-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Smashing player. Will enjoy watching this fella

ronaldo7
29-08-2015, 10:04 PM
It was a great bit of business. Good potential, has great energy and a livewire. Likes a dig at goal too. He'll score a peach in the coming weeks.

Top corner in the next couple of weeks. The boy is a delight to watch.

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Not that impressed first few games but this laddie is growing in stature every game as his fitness builds. Great combination of skill, fight and a great engine!

Onceinawhile
29-08-2015, 10:40 PM
MOTM by a mile today imo. His piece of skill where he dummied the boy towards the end of the game was ace. If he can start testing the keeper (instead of putting it over/straight at him) we'll be laughing.

4 year contract!

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2015, 10:53 PM

Those McGinn brothers and their feuding with the Showunmi boys :rolleyes:

It's about time someone brought some peace to Hazzard County :greengrin

truehibernian
29-08-2015, 10:57 PM
MOTM by a mile today imo. His piece of skill where he dummied the boy towards the end of the game was ace. If he can start testing the keeper (instead of putting it over/straight at him) we'll be laughing.

4 year contract!

Absolutely great foil for Dylan too - I said after Allan went that this season could see a new Dylan McGeouch, as I thought he was somewhat overshadowed by Scott Allan and asked to play too defensive last year because of that - McGinn has excellent workrate and is tenacious - Dylan can express himself more and be more creative and probing as he isn't being asked to defend as much.

McGinn's workrate and resilience is phenomenal - that energy can be catching and hopefully others will catch on and learn the same.

B.H.F.C
29-08-2015, 11:03 PM
I think there is a lot, lot more to come from him.

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Absolutely great foil for Dylan too - I said after Allan went that this season could see a new Dylan McGeouch, as I thought he was somewhat overshadowed by Scott Allan and asked to play too defensive last year because of that - McGinn has excellent workrate and is tenacious - Dylan can express himself more and be more creative and probing as he isn't being asked to defend as much.

McGinn's workrate and resilience is phenomenal - that energy can be catching and hopefully others will catch on and learn the same.

:agree:

It's hard to overstate the impact you get from a motivated player coming in, showing as a first-team pick. Everybody sees and knows it. It becomes harder to hide for any squad member who was gliding. And for those who are up for the fight, it gives them a real boost

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Had McGinn down as MOM after an hour, pick of the bunch today with McGeough not far behind. Looks like we have picked up a real gem here.

matty_f
29-08-2015, 11:47 PM
McGinn was different class yesterday. :agree:

What a shrewd bit of business it was getting him signed up.

brassmonkeybar
30-08-2015, 11:54 AM
To lose scott allan n gain both mcginn n mcgeouch is a great bit of business by hibs imo. Both had a great game yest and will only get better

jacomo
30-08-2015, 02:13 PM
To lose scott allan n gain both mcginn n mcgeouch is a great bit of business by hibs imo. Both had a great game yest and will only get better

And Henderson, for the 12 months that SA would have played had he stayed with us. Hibs played a brilliant hand.

maturehibby
30-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Simply CLASS

brassmonkeybar
30-08-2015, 09:25 PM

And Henderson, for the 12 months that SA would have played had he stayed with us. Hibs played a brilliant hand.

Yes, that laddie will improve massively with game time mate

CL0762
31-08-2015, 09:16 AM
He's going to become a real fans favourite IMO, he had an excellent game on Saturday and think it's a tremendous piece of business that we've secured him for 4 years.

Allant1981
31-08-2015, 11:09 AM
He's going to become a real fans favourite IMO, he had an excellent game on Saturday and think it's a tremendous piece of business that we've secured him for 4 years.

Yip totally agree,cracking player. Hopefully stays for a few years