Hibby_G
29-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Anyone got any highlights of today's game
Thanks
GGTTH
ASGWA

bingo70
29-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Sorry, not got an answer to your question but this seemed an ideal thread to moan about lower league English football being on council Tele at the time Scottish football should be on.

I know it's itv and it's BBC that have Scottish highlights but we need to do more to get our highlights on at a better time. I couldn't even tell you when Scottish football highlights are on now?

Sir David Gray
29-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Sorry, not got an answer to your question but this seemed an ideal thread to moan about lower league English football being on council Tele at the time Scottish football should be on.

I know it's itv and it's BBC that have Scottish highlights but we need to do more to get our highlights on at a better time. I couldn't even tell you when Scottish football highlights are on now?

About 10:30 on a Sunday night.

bingo70
29-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Used to love sportscene on a Saturday night.

What chance have we got of promoting our game when the highlights get put on at a time when nobody will be watching them.

I should add this isn't a Hibs issue as we don't really deserve decent highlights until we get back in the top division.

Mikey09
30-08-2015, 08:56 AM
I really enjoyed watching Sportscene, MOTD then the Football League Show (yep I have no life) Good old BBC lost the Football League Show to Ch5 which I watched last night.... It was truly awful!! It was like when Scotsport tried to go all cool and have the fans in the studio standing on that fake terrace!! Dreadful stuff. Agree with bingo that we need to promote our game much more. :agree:

andy1875
30-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Sportscene is on at 10:30 till 11:25 on a Sunday night.

Far too late and will no doubt rule out most bairns watching what with it being a school night! Oh and I can never stay awake that late on a Sunday night. Got too much beauty sleep to be catching up with! :greengrin

If my memory serves me right, it used to be on at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon with good old Jim White. Far better time and would surely capture a far bigger audience.

O'Rourke3
30-08-2015, 09:24 AM
BBC at pains to point out everytime the timing of the hightlights show comes up this is the contractually the earliest they can show them. Given Sky and probably BT will have run these over the Saturday and Sunday plus the SFPL You Tube channel releasing these earlier on the Sunday - I've no idea why they bother. IT's a terrible format with poor presentation and not a little bias. Watching the links on the Interweb's - when I can be bothered mans I don't have to run through 55 mins of FF on my DVR to get to the 30 seconds of highlights that Hibs TV provided for them.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I used to love the old Sportscene in the 90s that had a few MOTD games tacked on at the end.

Sadly I'm not sure, outwith real Scottish football fans, there's much demand for such a show now. The amount of moaning I read on Facebook, Twitter etc on a Scottish Cup weekend when the BBC replace MOTD with a full Sportscene show is ridiculous. Usually by people who bemoan how 'Scottish football is Pish' whilst telling anyone who will listen that they are massive fans of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd (delete as appropriate).

As poor as our league TV deal is exclusivity on the highlights for a set time period will be part of it. Due to the viewing figures for Scottish football the BBC would be unable to justify a big enough bid to really compete.

Wull
30-08-2015, 11:30 AM
what about the unfortunate overseas Hibees nobody posted anything on you tube ? :wink: Please

green day
30-08-2015, 11:33 AM
@HibeesBounce: Hibs V Raith https://youtu.be/igjdPinXVZw via @YouTube

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igjdPinXVZw&feature=youtu.be

Was a penalty to them to be fair

portyhibernian
30-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Cheers for the link, possibly a penalty for them?? I didn't think so at the game but seeing it again there it could have been given quite easily.

cabbage_88
30-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Good highlights from Raith tv again. Superb goal by Keatings. Was definitely a penalty to them though looking at that but hey ho!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wull
30-08-2015, 11:48 AM

thats what I call service, many thanks :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Cheers for the link, possibly a penalty for them?? I didn't think so at the game but seeing it again there it could have been given quite easily.

Yep definite penalty.

Thought it was a great clearance by Oxley at the time but from seeing those highlights, it's clear he takes none of the ball and should have been a penalty.

Oh well, never mind.

matty_f
30-08-2015, 11:53 AM

Really good highlights. :thumbs up:

I thought it was a penalty at the time and after seeing the replay, i think Raith can consider themselves very hard done by.

Squealing pig
30-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Well done raith TV , good highlights .. glad to see keatings score a beauty and flick on for jase, definate pen for raith though

brassmonkeybar
30-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Always great highlights from raith and always edited and posted quickly after a game. Sure i read last season its done for free by a guy whos on some sort of media course and uses it as a wayvof gaining experience, would love to see hibs give someone that type of opportunity and give the fans the highlights we all are keen to see soon after a game. Any wannabe media guys on here? Think hibs would be keen to do that?

HibbyAndy
30-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Screamer fae Keatings :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

basehibby
30-08-2015, 12:40 PM

....after the kids' bed time on a school night!

Is it any wonder that attendances continue to fall in Scotland if youngsters are not even able to watch the highlights of Scottish matches!

Franck Stanton
30-08-2015, 01:11 PM

Is it any wonder that attendances continue to fall in Scotland if youngsters are not even able to watch the highlights of Scottish matches!

Really good point.

liamh2202
30-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Tbh though how hard is it to record it and sit down with the kids at some point to watch it.. Everyone looks for other people to be pro active in improving the appeal , why not start at home ?

Sir David Gray
30-08-2015, 01:30 PM

I agree it's not ideal but the highlights could be recorded and watched on a Monday evening after the kids have come home from school.

Scorrie
30-08-2015, 03:38 PM
I agree it's not ideal but the highlights could be recorded and watched on a Monday evening after the kids have come home from school.

I think Sportscene is also on the iPlayer as well?

Centre Hawf
30-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Always great highlights from raith and always edited and posted quickly after a game. Sure i read last season its done for free by a guy whos on some sort of media course and uses it as a wayvof gaining experience, would love to see hibs give someone that type of opportunity and give the fans the highlights we all are keen to see soon after a game. Any wannabe media guys on here? Think hibs would be keen to do that?

A lot of the guys at Hibs TV are volunteer's and do it for that reason or just to help the club I'm sure. I think there's supposed to be a delay on when you can publish your highlights, not sure Raith have adhered to that time but Hibs TV usually get something up quickly too.

grunt
30-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Seems that the only Championship game shown on Sportscene tonight will be the Sevco game. Seems fair enough.

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2015, 08:54 PM
who is the big fella from the hibs bench with the tie and black jumper on at the end when the managers etc are shaking hands ?

Billy Whizz
30-08-2015, 08:55 PM
who is the big fella from the hibs bench with the tie and black jumper on at the end when the managers etc are shaking hands ?

Think it's Andy Holden, assistant manager

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Think it's Andy Holden, assistant manager

ah right, i'l maybe try taking wee opera binoculars with me the next game i'm at, can't make out who's who on our bench from the east :nerd:

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/images/Eschenbach-3x25-Opera-Glasses.jpg

Billy McKirdy
31-08-2015, 09:48 AM
A lot of the guys at Hibs TV are volunteer's and do it for that reason or just to help the club I'm sure. I think there's supposed to be a delay on when you can publish your highlights, not sure Raith have adhered to that time but Hibs TV usually get something up quickly too.

Thing is, Hibs TV usually don't post any highlights up to You Tube, only post match analysis with Stubbs, the highlights are only to be found on Hibs TV which is no good to those of us who regularly rip highlights from YouTube :aok:

Nutmegged
31-08-2015, 11:11 AM
I'd keep Sportscene on Sunday's but the timing of it needs drastically changed, the show should be on at 6 or 7pm, a time when kids and adults with early Monday rises can actually watch it plus its just aftwr Super Sunday on SKY so it wouldn't be clashing with English Football, there also needs to be two feature games one 15 minute game, another 10-12 minute game and the rest 6-7minute proper highlights

KWJ
02-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Would love to see that wee bit of skill from King Dom down by the touchline in front of the dug outs. Will see if it's on Hibs TV and I can make a gif, however the hell you do that.

KWJ
02-09-2015, 05:35 AM
https://youtu.be/Un8OipfIJpQ

Will take down if not cool. Know Hibs TV will have some adjusting to do but a wee showboat compilation would be pretty nifty :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Said it from almost the moment I saw him (I said similar about Allan within five minutes of his debut), Dom is an absolute baller.

Perhaps this league or some of our fans don't quite understand him as I always seem to be defending him, but the big fella's touch, awareness and ability belong on a far higher plane than ours.

Yes he's languid and lithe and almost nonchalant in his play but that's a smokescreen for genuine talent. A rich man's Berbatov.

KWJ
02-09-2015, 06:53 AM
I cut it short but he gets onto another ball from there by corner of box and wins us a corner. Had Cummings not taken a near impossible shot then the ball would've made it's way to Dom to tap home later too. And Cummings could maybe have squared it to Dom when he got through.

He gets in positions for sure.