PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Oxley.

Thecat23
29-08-2015, 04:49 PM
It's about time he got credit where it's due! Thought he played very well again today and that's 3 games on the bounce he's done well. I always said if he done well he should get the praise and I stand by that.

Well done Ox, long may it continue!

oneone73
29-08-2015, 04:51 PM
It's about time he got credit where it's due! Thought he played very well again today and that's 3 games on the bounce he's done well. I always said if he done well he should get the praise and I stand by that.

Well said.

Scottie
29-08-2015, 04:52 PM
We'll said Cat. :aok:

We all moan like billy o when things go bad but rarely give praise when it's due so well done the Ox. :aok:

marinello59
29-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Well done to the keeper. :thumbsup:

CraigHibee
29-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Had a good game and made some vital saves/clearances

FromTheCapital
Don't think he covered himself in glory for Tavernier's goal (that's what I meant regarding the thread I started) but like said, credit where it's due, he's done really well against Stranraer and Raith today. Still not totally convinced, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Horde
Good saves, solid catching but perhaps lucky with one flap. Deserved his luck though.

MileHighBees
29-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Don't think he covered himself in glory for Tavernier's goal (that's what I meant regarding the thread I started) but like said, credit where it's due, he's done really well against Stranraer and Raith today. Still not totally convinced, though.

The goal you mentioned is the only one conceded in the last 4 games.
That's not a bad record.

Think the whole team was better today, including Oxley.
Hopefully we can keep improving as the season progresses :aok:

hibbymick
29-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Wasnt at the game but from what im hearing he had a very decent game. Well done that man.

FromTheCapital
29-08-2015, 05:02 PM
The goal you mentioned is the only one conceded in the last 4 games.
That's not a bad record.

Think the whole team was better today, including Oxley.
Hopefully we can keep improving as the season progresses :aok:

Not bad at all but was just frustration last week. Ox seems like a nice guy and I hope, of course, he does well.

bingo70
29-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Well done to him, another decent performance. He's certainly proving me wring with my criticism of him.

Still idiots around me going raj when he punches the ball and sarcastic cheers when he catches it but if he keeps playing well he'll win them round.

emerald green
29-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Credit where it's due. Mark Oxley played well today, and had a couple of really important saves. Same with his block against Morton recently.

That's the thing with goalies. They are either heroes or they are total clowns.

Thecat23
29-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Well done to him, another decent performance. He's certainly proving me wring with my criticism of him.

Still idiots around me going raj when he punches the ball and sarcastic cheers when he catches it but if he keeps playing well he'll win them round.

Same here mate. Top class keepers punch the ball. Most keepers are now taught to punch of there is to many players around them. Boy at half time shouted to Ox 'Command your box better' as he was walking off.

Combe looked up and just said Knob head 😄

Northernhibee
29-08-2015, 05:14 PM

There'll always be a minority who will refuse to see but long as he gets threads like this when deserved they'll be kept quiet.

Well done Ox :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
29-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Whilst I know he's made mistakes the criticism of him has been a bit OTT he played well again today.

bingo70
29-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Same here mate. Top class keepers punch the ball. Most keepers are now taught to punch of there is to many players around them. Boy at half time shouted to Ox 'Command your box better' as he was walking off.

Combe looked up and just said Knob head 😄

There's so much movement in today's balls it's crazy to try and catch a ball if it's fizzed in with any pace, there's so much to lose but little to gain by trying it.

I've had my beef with Oxley before but I've never understood the criticism 9f him punching instead of catching it.

Onion
Oxley was busier of the 2 keepers today and definitely helped Hibs earn the win - well done.

Squealing pig
Been a critic but we'll done ox, keep it up

hibee_girl
29-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Not his biggest fan but he did very well today :agree:

Pretty Boy
29-08-2015, 05:30 PM
He was superb today. The high hanging ball he came and took cleanly from right over the top of the forward was the best of the lot imo, that was a really tricky one to deal with. That's not taking anything away from his other saves which, whilst I'd expect him to make them, were very good and he did his job very well.

Keep performances like Ibrox, midweek and today up and he'll have shut a few of the doubters, myself included, up.

ancient hibee
29-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Played well -kept us in the game during one spell.

hfc rd
29-08-2015, 05:36 PM
He's been playing really well in the few weeks. Keep it up Ox!

California-Hibs
29-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Well said! Delighted to see this thread go up as he's fully deserved it with his recent performances. His save mid week was outstanding, yes, outstanding. And he again today showed some very safe hands. I also think his distribution throwing the ball out to the wings is superb.

Long may it continue. Started to doubt him a bit myself, but the last 3 games has restored my faith.

Hibernia&Alba
29-08-2015, 05:39 PM
I must agree with the OP. I've always been dubious about Oxley, but in the past couple of games he's been solid and made a few very good saves.

TheReg!
29-08-2015, 05:40 PM

He has had a few great saves so far this season, the one against Stranraer on Wednesday was top class and the same again today, still could do better at crosses though mate👍🏻

CL0762
29-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Not his greatest fan but credit where it's due, he's been good for us these past few weeks and long may it continue.

cam75
29-08-2015, 05:43 PM
My brother at the game his txt was ox kept us in it good enough for me!
GGTTH

truehibernian
29-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Credit to him, did very well when called upon.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Well done big fella! Well said Cat!

R'Albin
29-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Proves the importance of a keeper, last two games he's apparently played well and we've won both.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Definitely deserves praise today, he made a couple of really important saves.

GreenArmyyy!
29-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Another very good game from the Ox. I was especially impressed with his ability to parry shots far away from the goals and his kicking is always very good.

brog
29-08-2015, 07:02 PM

Well done to you Cat for starting this thread, good man!

ronaldo7
29-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Deserves credit for the last couple of games.

Great to see what he can do when his concentration levels are up.

Well done the OX.

maturehibby
29-08-2015, 07:50 PM
took a high ball and held onto it as Daily clattered him in the jump for the ball - well done for that save alone - also was quick getting down and his reflexes were good too - excellent game Big man

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2015, 07:53 PM
As a fellow Oxley doubter, I am happy to say he has been impressive recently. Still think he was at fault for th Rangers goal but some really good saves in the last few games that have been very important to us. If he keeps that up over the season then he might just convince this doubter!

Famous Fiver
29-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Still got stick from some of the roasters behind me in the East. Especially one grey haired middle aged height challenged t**t who wouldn't know a footballer if he slept with him.

Well played today, Ox.

Weststandwanab
29-08-2015, 08:09 PM
We could not make the match today but that save on Wednesday was fantastic.

Leithenhibby
30-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before we got a thread praising the Ox, a young keeper that will only get better imo

Well done Fella :wink:

bigwheel
30-08-2015, 09:20 AM
I've been one of his biggest critics...but credit where it's due - wanted him to make more saves, and thats exactly what he has been doing - 3 clean sheets out of 4...top work!

Hibbyradge
30-08-2015, 09:28 AM
The man of the match was rightly awarded to McGinn (who excites me and could become a hero at Hibs), but Oxley was a close runner up.

I was certain Raith had scored in the first half, but he pulled off an excellent save and was solid all round.

matty_f
30-08-2015, 10:23 AM
The man of the match was rightly awarded to McGinn (who excites me and could become a hero at Hibs), but Oxley was a close runner up.

I was certain Raith had scored in the first half, but he pulled off an excellent save and was solid all round.
:agree:

Smartie
30-08-2015, 10:43 AM
When he had his shaky first couple of games at the start of the season I was surprised that so many were queueing up to put the boot into him based on last season's form "I thought he was hopeless all last year" etc etc. Imo he was fairly unremarkable last season, made one (but only one) howler at Alloa, had the occasional save and occasional strong performance (a couple of games against The Rangers for example) but was generally solid enough but unspectacular.

I don't know if it's because I've been watching him more closely because of his early season mistakes but the past 4 games have been very strong indeed. I don't want to go over the top but it has been as strong a sequence of games as I can remember a keeper having in recent years. He's had some absolutely vital and quality saves at important stages in important games (the 1-on1 at 0-0 in the Morton game, a great save low to his left at 0-0 in the The Rangers game, a world-class save at 0-0 vs Stranraer and that one yesterday at full stretch at 1-0 against Raith) as well as keeping his concentration very well during period of inactivity. The goal in the game at Ibrox was imo unsaveable and world class and he flapped at one cross yesterday but his decision making, decisive punching, catching when needed has all been brilliant.

It's all a bit intangible but I think his contribution has been greater than any other individual in terms of winning us points/ getting through cup rounds than any other player so far.

He's been helped by his defence not giving away silly free kicks on the edge of the box though. He gets his next batch of the plaudits the next time he sets up a wall properly that means we don't lose a goal direct from a free-kick (I'm sure they'll be working on this in training).

Well done Ox - exactly what we're looking for.