PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 2 vs Raith Rovers 0 Match Thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

Onion
29-08-2015, 07:34 PM
True. I suppose it boils down to what people are looking for. If it's a 5-0 stroll then you'll be bored more often than not. Today I was looking for (in this order):

3 points
Game time for new players
Higher tempo
Solid goalkeeping
No injuries
Less seagulls

I got this so I'm happy. I also enjoyed watching some of our individual performers like Keatings, McGinn, Bartley, Henderson.

Not a vintage performance but far from boring.

:agree: Another shut out and both our strikers scored in a hard fought win against one of the better sides in the league. This will have done a lot for team confidence and is another positive step forward.

Famous Fiver
29-08-2015, 07:45 PM
The bit that got to me today was at almost every throw in they stole five to ten yards and the boy who was throwing them in to the penalty area had front foot on the park EVERY time. Were ref and assistant looking out for it? No chance.

Nice to see their keeper take an urgency tablet after all the time wasting he did in the first twenty minutes. Why do referees let thenm away with it?

Oh and any Jambos looking in......:na na:

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2015, 07:58 PM
The bit that got to me today was at almost every throw in they stole five to ten yards and the boy who was throwing them in to the penalty area had front foot on the park EVERY time. Were ref and assistant looking out for it? No chance.

Nice to see their keeper take an urgency tablet after all the time wasting he did in the first twenty minutes. Why do referees let thenm away with it?

Oh and any Jambos looking in......:na na:

Glad I'm not the only one who spotted that. :agree:

TRC
29-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Anyone else see Stubbs' interview on HibsTV sounds to me like he has a target for a new player and is waiting on that being sorted? Anyone got an idea of who it might be?

bingo70
29-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Anyone else see Stubbs' interview on HibsTV sounds to me like he has a target for a new player and is waiting on that being sorted? Anyone got an idea of who it might be?

Stevie may apparently.

monktonharp
29-08-2015, 09:12 PM
I found the game boring. Hibs huffed and puffed and then scored. The second half was the same. Raith offered very little going forward. It was a dull game. The performance of McGinn was the highlight. I was happy to win but it was not a very enjoyable gameyou were at a different game than me. It's the championship league we are in, but we were by far the better team for 35 mins, let them get a grip of the last 10, in that half. our goalie had to make a couple of saves, which goalies are for, but overall we took control in the second half and won the match. Mc geoch was impressive, along with McGinn and several others played well. our right and left backs were poor today, especially Stevenson for his passing but the centres were solid and both could have scored with corners. happy enough about our performance today and some of our new players will improve as the season goes on.

monktonharp
29-08-2015, 09:20 PM
A guy came up to me after the match (miles from Easter Road) and said we were lucky. I told him that we weren't lucky but needed to make more of our chances. Now he was was maybe not at the game or a Jambo on the wind up. Not sure but no way were we lucky. Not the best of games but we certainly didn't at any point in the match look like we weren't going to win.by any chance Bob, were you on a bus in the Morningside area when you met this guy? he could have been oot for the day, from the royal ed.

monktonharp
29-08-2015, 09:28 PM
It should be noted that Hibs beat Raith Rovers today, a team who during the week beat Hamilton Accies, conquerors of "The Famous" today. Haw haw. :greengrinWow. I need to keep up! did not realise the Rovers had pumped a team from the big league. especially a team that confined us to "turgity" for several seasons.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Well I enjoyed game, much higher tempo than Wednesday, some good movement.

Great goal from Keatings, thought we bossed midfield. They had a few chances that Oxley did well to keep out, but never felt the result was in any danger.....

Just think it is all going to click into place very shortly.....

bingo70
29-08-2015, 09:39 PM

Great goal from Keatings, thought we bossed midfield. They had a few chances that Oxley did well to keep out, but never felt the result was in any danger.....

I still worry about our lack of width but I agree the outlook is a lot more positive than it was a few days ago.

Thecat23
29-08-2015, 09:39 PM

We finally may agree on something BF!!! ;)

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2015, 09:55 PM
We finally may agree on something BF!!! ;)

Holy moly, surely not?:greengrin

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Marked improvement on the first home games of the season, seemed to be more space in midfield for us to operate. Don't know if that was due to our formation or theirs though! Can't wait to see a fit Farid play alongside keatings or cummings with our new midfield sitting behind, definitely signs of hope!

Brightside
29-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Best piece of skill from a Hibs player in donkeys.

where was he when JC was looking for the cut back?

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Only negative point from today....sorry lewis fans,he is the weakest link. Great servant for hibs but not good enough going forward and with our narrow midfield we need a left back who can beat a man and hit the bye line now and again!!

E10 Rifle
29-08-2015, 10:09 PM
All they key points have already been said (including the seagulls) so I think the last 20 mins was down to them changing things up a bit and replacing a RB with a forward. McCord seemed to get a lot more time and boss things a little and I thought their sub Wighton is one to keep an eye on.

We're not firing on all cylinders but we looked more balanced as a side today.

Brightside
29-08-2015, 10:09 PM
I'm really worried if people didn't think we were decent today. still not quick enough in the pass but a huge improvement.

SaulGoodman
29-08-2015, 10:25 PM
where was he when JC was looking for the cut back?

He was there? JC chose not to pass.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm really worried if people didn't think we were decent today. still not quick enough in the pass but a huge improvement.

Massive improvement, and I feel it will only get better

truehibernian
29-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Massive improvement, and I feel it will only get better

4 home games this month and no goals conceded - another positive :aok:

Onceinawhile
29-08-2015, 10:36 PM

Decent, but not exactly good. I don't think pace is the problem though, it's speed of thought, too many players take two, three or four touches when one would do. I also thought quite a few players were off the Boil. Mainly Lewis and Jason Cummings.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2015, 10:38 PM
4 home games this month and no goals conceded - another positive :aok:

Good call.....:agree:

lord bunberry
29-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Without wanting to diminish Stubbs and the players performance today I would like it to be known that I had my lucky pants on today and also I wore my new replica shirt for the first time( which is clearly lucky) I realise that I can't take all the credit for today's win, I think my part in the day shouldn't go u acknowledged.

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Can't wait until the Aberdeen cup game, that'll be a ding-dong game, can't see them coming here to play for a replay up there. It'll be quite refreshing seeing an away team not parking the bus!

truehibernian
29-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Can't wait until the Aberdeen cup game, that'll be a ding-dong game, can't see them coming here to play for a replay up there. It'll be quite refreshing seeing an away team not parking the bus!

:agree: like last season I can see us being quite a good cup tie team - looking forward to this game a lot as I think our lads will really raise their game :aok:

oneone73
29-08-2015, 10:56 PM

No replays in the League Cup.

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 11:01 PM
No replays in the League Cup.

Oops, schoolboy error! Cup game against Dundee United was a belter last year, this game could be much the same I think!

StevieBoyKdy
29-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Hibs never got out of second gear imo.
good win.

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Without wanting to diminish Stubbs and the players performance today I would like it to be known that I had my lucky pants on today and also I wore my new replica shirt for the first time( which is clearly lucky) I realise that I can't take all the credit for today's win, I think my part in the day shouldn't go u acknowledged.

You can't take all the credit LB, I managed to persuade a hibby to come along who'd not witnessed a win in 18 months....I was banking on the law of averages!

Bishop Hibee
29-08-2015, 11:40 PM
First 35 minutes we dominated. Rest of the game was more even but Cummings put his chance away and Oxley played well. McGinn looks a great signing.

Lack of width still a worry.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2015, 12:46 AM
First 35 minutes we dominated. Rest of the game was more even but Cummings put his chance away and Oxley played well. McGinn looks a great signing.

Lack of width still a worry.There isn't a lack of width, our players who provide width (fullbacks) are just playing badly.

LancashireHibby
30-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the game, thought we looked much more comfortable than previous occasions when we've been in front.

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2015, 09:42 PM
There isn't a lack of width, our players who provide width (fullbacks) are just playing badly.

So there was a lack of width!

PatHead
30-08-2015, 09:57 PM
You can't take all the credit LB, I managed to persuade a hibby to come along who'd not witnessed a win in 18 months....I was banking on the law of averages!

Friend of mine had his 3 yr old son there. Record, seen 3, won 3, drawn 0. lost 0.

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Friend of mine had his 3 yr old son there. Record, seen 3, won 3, drawn 0. lost 0.

I hope the kid has a season ticket

PatHead
30-08-2015, 10:14 PM
I hope the kid has a season ticket

Afraid not :-(

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Afraid not :-(
Then we should buy him one...shall we start a thread?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2015, 10:37 PM
couple of becks blue for me tonight

Wow, you know how to treat yourself! :-)

greenlex
31-08-2015, 08:46 AM
So there was a lack of width! Apart from the cross for Cummings goal and the other times we went round the back of them.

greenlex
31-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Decent, but not exactly good. I don't think pace is the problem though, it's speed of thought, too many players take two, three or four touches when one would do. I also thought quite a few players were off the Boil. Mainly Lewis and Jason Cummings. yet both combined for the second goal.

JimBHibees
31-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the game, thought we looked much more comfortable than previous occasions when we've been in front.

Agree completely the young players in the midfield are only going to get better and better. A good season ahead I think.

Lucius Apuleius
31-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Strangely enough I thought we played okay fir most of the game on Wednesday,especially at the start. Inever went on Saturday fir various reasons so can't comment.Having said that, Idecided long ago that I was only going to watch hibs play and if I left with a victory, Iam happy.