PDA

View Full Version : NHC cavani to man utd?

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Just heard man utd have a delegation in paris talking to cavani.

may not interest many but i believe theres a few utd fans on here

Hibernia&Alba
28-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Top striker, United need back up for Rooney for sure. So many transfer rumours, especially about Man United; time will tell.

How much is the reported fee?

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Not gonna lie, its from a mate in manchester who has been spot on and early with every city signings this year, hes saying its just early talks just now and no fee been reported. Lavezzis name been mentioned also , if he hears more i will post it

Sir David Gray
28-08-2015, 07:27 PM
They certainly need to sign at least one striker before the end of the window, after Rooney, the only options they have in the striker department are Javier Hernandez (who doesn't seem to be in favour) and James Wilson (who's still largely untested). They've lost Van Persie, Welbeck and Falcao from last season and so far, apart from the other night against Brugge, they've looked pretty toothless up front in the games I've seen.

If they have any aspirations of trying to match Chelsea or Manchester City, they'll need another big name signing up front.

Hibernia&Alba
28-08-2015, 07:29 PM
They certainly need to sign at least one striker before the end of the window, after Rooney, the only options they have in the striker department are Javier Hernandez (who doesn't seem to be in favour) and James Wilson (who's still largely untested). They've lost Van Persie, Welbeck and Falcao from last season and so far, apart from the other night against Brugge, they've looked pretty toothless up front in the games I've seen.

If they have any aspirations of trying to match Chelsea or Manchester City, they'll need another big name signing up front.

And another centre back. Blind has played very well so far, but against top opposition.......?

hfc rd
28-08-2015, 07:47 PM
And another centre back. Blind has played very well so far, but against top opposition.......?

Signing a striker is a much more bigger priority mate. Cannot go the whole season with just Rooney, Chicharito & Wilson.

hfc rd
28-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Not gonna lie, its from a mate in manchester who has been spot on and early with every city signings this year, hes saying its just early talks just now and no fee been reported. Lavezzis name been mentioned also , if he hears more i will post it

Lavezzi signed for Valencia.

1van Sprou7e
28-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Lavezzi signed for Valencia.

Has he? Not seeing any official confirmation

hfc rd
28-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Has he? Not seeing any official confirmation

Me bad. Meant to say Inter Milan. Don't know where I got Valencia from!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/600837/Paris-Saint-Germain-Ezequiel-Lavezzi-Inter-Milan-transfer

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 08:13 PM
He had held talks with milan, not sure if confirmed (cant open that link to read it) valencia owner has bought ronaldos image rights apparently though!! Footbals f&$#ed

Pete
28-08-2015, 08:21 PM
He had held talks with milan, not sure if confirmed (cant open that link to read it) valencia owner has bought ronaldos image rights apparently though!! Footbals f&$#ed

Just wait until he finds out that it's the Brazilian one.

S4uzee
28-08-2015, 08:23 PM
He's extremely overrated

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Just wait until he finds out that it's the Brazilian one.

😂lol

MWHIBBIES
28-08-2015, 09:12 PM
He's extremely overratedPretty much this. Could still be a good signing, depends very much on the fee.

ScottB
28-08-2015, 09:58 PM
United's transfer policy this summer seems akin to a kid that's just played their first Football Manager game.

Maybe that's overly harsh, but there doesn't seem to be much coherence, and a lot of chasing guys they will never get in a month of Sundays.

1van Sprou7e
28-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Me bad. Meant to say Inter Milan. Don't know where I got Valencia from!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/600837/Paris-Saint-Germain-Ezequiel-Lavezzi-Inter-Milan-transfer

The express isn't quite official confirmation in my eyes lol. I'll believe it when its on the club websites

Steve20
29-08-2015, 12:23 AM
He's extremely overrated

Disagree. PSG usually play him wide left so that Zlatan can play up top. But when Cavani is played up top (his best position), he's absolutely phenomenal. Tremendous striker.

Basildon Hibs
29-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Disagree. PSG usually play him wide left so that Zlatan can play up top. But when Cavani is played up top (his best position), he's absolutely phenomenal. Tremendous striker.

Who give a ***** about these vastly overrated / paid / priced no-marks?

This is a Hibs' board?

:rolleyes:

DH1875
29-08-2015, 06:39 AM
He's extremely overrated

No chance, he's a cracking player. Course I said that when they signed Falcao so time will tell.

BoomtownHibees
29-08-2015, 06:41 AM

This is a Hibs' board?

Hence why the thread title includes 'NHC' to give you the choose whether to read it or not

Pretty Boy
29-08-2015, 06:55 AM
United's transfer policy this summer seems akin to a kid that's just played their first Football Manager game.

Maybe that's overly harsh, but there doesn't seem to be much coherence, and a lot of chasing guys they will never get in a month of Sundays.

It's all a bit strange. One of the hallmarks of Fergies success was that they regularly had a spine of, if not homegrown, then certainly 'traditional' British players through the team.

Bruce, Pallister, Ince and Hughes.

Pallister, Scholes, Keane, Cole.

Ferdinand, Keane, Scholes,

Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney

This was supplemented with some other fantastic talent, British and otherwise,: Giggs, Beckham, Yorke, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo etc but that core always had a pretty standard formula.

Whilst people will undoubtedly slag the quality of some of those individual players it's hard to argue they generally formed a good team that was incredibly successful over a period of 20 years give or take. The current Man Utd signing policy just seems all over the place and the team looks likewise.

Bay Area Hibees
29-08-2015, 07:12 AM
United made some very good signings.
But if media to be believed (?) have missed number players that have used them as leverage.
Like reading transfer news but a lot of it is fabricated by players agents, wish I'd stop reading the transfer gossip every day but seem to be addicted!

PeterboroHibee
29-08-2015, 07:38 AM

I think in general their business has been good. Apart from a striker (and perhaps a CB), theyve more or less signed players for positions that needed strengthened.

The scatter-gun approach to signings seems to have come in terms of a 'big name' signing though, where they just seem to have been going from one player to the next.

Hank Schrader
29-08-2015, 07:48 AM

This is a Hibs' board?

You aren't very bright are you?

Zazu62
29-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Man United just aren't the same since Ferguson. Man City will finish above them for the next 10 years

J-C
29-08-2015, 08:04 AM
It's all a bit strange. One of the hallmarks of Fergies success was that they regularly had a spine of, if not homegrown, then certainly 'traditional' British players through the team.

Bruce, Pallister, Ince and Hughes.

Pallister, Scholes, Keane, Cole.

Ferdinand, Keane, Scholes,

Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney

This was supplemented with some other fantastic talent, British and otherwise,: Giggs, Beckham, Yorke, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo etc but that core always had a pretty standard formula.

Whilst people will undoubtedly slag the quality of some of those individual players it's hard to argue they generally formed a good team that was incredibly successful over a period of 20 years give or take. The current Man Utd signing policy just seems all over the place and the team looks likewise.

But very good homegrown players are like gold dust and cost an absolute fortune, Fergie had time to buy and build once he established Man U back at the top as there was only a couple of teams capable of challenging them, nowadays they have 5-6 teams all capable of buying big and pushing for that top 4.

Pretty Boy
29-08-2015, 08:15 AM
But very good homegrown players are like gold dust and cost an absolute fortune, Fergie had time to buy and build once he established Man U back at the top as there was only a couple of teams capable of challenging them, nowadays they have 5-6 teams all capable of buying big and pushing for that top 4.

Of course it's not as simple as I implied.

However when you see reports of a bid of 240M for Neymar is does make you think. Fine player though he is that kind of money could buy them say Stones from Everton, Ward-Prowse from Southampton and still add Cavani with change to spare.

Of course the cynic in me may suggest a few of the players they are linked with is as much about filling the commercial void left by Ronaldo who inherited it from Beckham rather than simply footballing ability.

GreenArmyyy!
29-08-2015, 10:52 AM

This is a Hibs' board?

It's also a board for football chat.

Some of us are actually interested in football outside of what happens at Easter Road.

It says NHC, I don't see why you would come on to the thread just to moan about it not being about Hibs? Unless you're a City fan of course 😁.

J-C
29-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Of course it's not as simple as I implied.

However when you see reports of a bid of 240M for Neymar is does make you think. Fine player though he is that kind of money could buy them say Stones from Everton, Ward-Prowse from Southampton and still add Cavani with change to spare.

Of course the cynic in me may suggest a few of the players they are linked with is as much about filling the commercial void left by Ronaldo who inherited it from Beckham rather than simply footballing ability.

They know the money spoken about for some of these players are ridiculous but they also know a huge world class player will pay for himself in shirt sales etc.