PDA

View Full Version : Stansted Airport

DH1875
27-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Whats the best, easiest way of getting from Stansted airport into the city of London?

speedy_gonzales
27-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Would imagine the Stansted Express to Liverpool St is what you're after!

Pretty Boy
27-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Stansted Express to Liverpool Street takes about 45 minutes.

Taxi will set you back £75+.

grunt
27-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Would imagine the Stansted Express to Liverpool St is what you're after!This.

Sergey
27-08-2015, 08:48 PM
National Express run a number of buses out of Stansted that will cost you around £5 a head. The routes can drop you pretty much anywhere in Central London and are a cost effective alternative. The journey times are slightly longer to those of the train, but I would look at this option if there is a group of you and/or money is tight.

DH1875
27-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Can get a discount if I book tickets in advance for the Stansted express. Sounds ideal but you don't get tickets, its an eticket so next dumb question. What's an e-ticket?

Future17
28-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Can get a discount if I book tickets in advance for the Stansted express. Sounds ideal but you don't get tickets, its an eticket so next dumb question. What's an e-ticket?

It's an electronic ticket, so basically they'll send you an e-mail with your ticket attached and instructions as to how to use it. Usually, you have to either print the ticket yourself or they contain an QR code (the black and white squares that look a bit like a maze from a 1980s computer game) or a barcode which you can scan when boarding by bringing it up on the screen on your phone.

As I say, there will be instructions as to how to use it on the website.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2015, 09:56 AM
EasyBus is another cheap option.

DH1875
28-08-2015, 04:18 PM
It's an electronic ticket, so basically they'll send you an e-mail with your ticket attached and instructions as to how to use it. Usually, you have to either print the ticket yourself or they contain an QR code (the black and white squares that look a bit like a maze from a 1980s computer game) or a barcode which you can scan when boarding by bringing it up on the screen on your phone.

As I say, there will be instructions as to how to use it on the website.

So its just like a boarding pass or a ticket for ER that you print at home? Bit that worried me was using it on your phone cause I don't have a smart phone.

And yes, there are some really thick people out there :)

malcolm
28-08-2015, 06:53 PM

if you use the squeezyjet referral link HERE (https://www.stanstedexpress.com/easyjet-referral) it is cheaper. If you get the ticket sent as a pdf you can print it off... you usually go through a gate opened for you at liverpool street as the gates are geared up for the wee printed card tickets but there is always someone to open a gate if need be or hold it open for the the queue to pour through :wink:. At the airport there is no gate and occasionally they even ask to see your ticket. Not my favourite airport but its not horrendous by any means.