PDA

View Full Version : NHC Big Dunc

hibees 7062
27-08-2015, 03:15 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/11949391_515735078584575_257278254900468976_n.png? oh=b57ff96e609c1cbdce9f1f5d08f21b21&oe=5679BA58

Superb

sauzeelegod
27-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Geezer

H18S NX
27-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Now that is CLASS. :aok::top marks

trev the hat
27-08-2015, 03:41 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/11949391_515735078584575_257278254900468976_n.png? oh=b57ff96e609c1cbdce9f1f5d08f21b21&oe=5679BA58

Superb

Top man Big D 👍

oldbutdim
27-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Is it true?

Future17
27-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Can you get an anonymous cheque? :confused:

Fantastic gesture if true. Might go some way to redeeming his character in people's minds as he seems to have changed since he retired. Must have made a bit of cash from his recent testimonial but £250,000 is a serious amount for anybody.

Platinum Scotty
27-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Can you get an anonymous cheque? :confused:

Fantastic gesture if true. Might go some way to redeeming his character in people's minds as he seems to have changed since he retired. Must have made a bit of cash from his recent testimonial but £250,000 is a serious amount for anybody.

it wasn't an anonymous cheque, it was an anonymous letter......

but if its true well done him and perhaps he's donating all the testimonial to good causes?

Liam89
27-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Well done to him if it's true as its a great gesture but this is one of those types of facebook posts that anyone could make up.

Thecat23
27-08-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm going to call bull****.

If not then well done.

Lang Toun Hibs
27-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Top man Big D 👍

I signed him for Hibs once....no really, he was a guest at a player of the year dinner dance for the local team I 'played' for. At the end of the night all and sundry were getting his autograph, so I thought, what the hell, I got a beer mat, ripped the layer of print off it and wrote, "I hereby sign for Hibernian Football Club for 4 years, signed" and asked him to sign it, he laughed and then duly did! Didn't honour our contract though..😡

Top bloke though, despite what others might tell you!

Future17
27-08-2015, 08:06 PM
it wasn't an anonymous cheque, it was an anonymous letter......

but if its true well done him and perhaps he's donating all the testimonial to good causes?

No, it wasn't. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Gave the testimonial money to a local charity, no big deal just publicity seeking in my opinion.

southern hibby
27-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Number of times I've called him name after name. So I will give praise where it is due.

Big dunc I salute you.

GGTTH

tamig
27-08-2015, 10:32 PM
He's seemingly earning himself a good reputation in the coaching game at Everton now too. Quite a few ex team mates and pundits surprised he went into coaching but he's meant to be excellent with the young lads. Great touch re the cheque.

tamig
27-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Gave the testimonial money to a local charity, no big deal just publicity seeking in my opinion.

Red tinted specs? Why would he need to seek any publicity? Apologies if your post was intended to be tongue in cheek.

Itsnoteasy
28-08-2015, 08:06 AM

That will be the same publicity seeking stunt he learned from a certain Steevee Gerrad who donated his testimonial money to Alder Hay Hospital:aok:

Bill Milne
28-08-2015, 08:10 AM
All praise to the man!! Been a world class kn*b in his time but seems to have, finally, matured into a human being.

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 08:14 AM
That will be the same publicity seeking stunt he learned from a certain Steevee Gerrad who donated his testimonial money to Alder Hay Hospital:aok:

What are you on about? The Steven Gerrard foundation was set up to do just that with many charities and has done so for long enough,made no secret of where the money came from either. Hardly the same thing when a big deal is made of an "anonymous" donation of a vast sum then leaked to reveal the benefactor. Why not just be up front. And it's Alder Hey ;-)

easty
28-08-2015, 09:12 AM
If Duncan Ferguson and Steven Gerrard want to make some more money for charity, they could have a UFC fight. I'd pay to see Big Dunc kick the **** out of Gerrard.:take that

BSEJVT
28-08-2015, 09:19 AM
What are you on about? The Steven Gerrard foundation was set up to do just that with many charities and has done so for long enough,made no secret of where the money came from either. Hardly the same thing when a big deal is made of an "anonymous" donation of a vast sum then leaked to reveal the benefactor. Why not just be up front. And it's Alder Hey ;-)

Sadly your contribution to this thread shows a real lack of class.

I don't think Duncan Ferguson is that bothered about publicity that he would have spent £250k courting it.

It would have been much better if you had said nothing or praised him for his generosity.

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Sadly your contribution to this thread shows a real lack of class.

I don't think Duncan Ferguson is that bothered about publicity that he would have spent £250k courting it.

It would have been much better if you had said nothing or praised him for his generosity.

Oh dear.

Craig_HFC
28-08-2015, 09:31 AM

You would say that though, you dirty Kopite.

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 09:39 AM
You would say that though, you dirty Kopite.

:greengrin

Haha of course :-)

Itsnoteasy
28-08-2015, 11:41 AM

Liverpool star Steven Gerrard (http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/steven-gerrard) has donated half a million pounds raised from his testimonial match to a children's hospital.
The Reds captain has been made a founding partner of the Alder Hey Children’s Charity after the donation, which will help buy vital equipment.
He said: “His donation of £500,000 from his testimonial match is just phenomenal and is just the start our new campaign needed. Steven has been a long time supporter of Alder Hey.

As I said from his testimonial match.:agree:

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Liverpool star Steven Gerrard (http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/steven-gerrard) has donated half a million pounds raised from his testimonial match to a children's hospital.
The Reds captain has been made a founding partner of the Alder Hey Children’s Charity after the donation, which will help buy vital equipment.
He said: “His donation of £500,000 from his testimonial match is just phenomenal and is just the start our new campaign needed. Steven has been a long time supporter of Alder Hey.

As I said from his testimonial match.:agree:

What's your point? The money was paid by his foundation to Alder Hey and he stated it was the money raised from the match. Why Big Drunken had to go along the anonymous route rather just say upfront was a stunt to attract more publicity is what I am saying. If he wanted to be anonymous he could have been. Anyhow just as I applauded Paul Cairney, I applaud Big Drunken well done you blue & white ******.

Future17
28-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Apparently it's not true.

Just for the record, I think he's a bumcrack, but I am aware he has done a lot of good work for children's charities over the years. :aok:

TrinityHibs
28-08-2015, 02:10 PM

I think the kids who benefit and their families might think it's a big deal. But you're right he should just have kept the money and not bothered getting involved so he could remain out of the publics eye.

Alternatively well done big fella.

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 02:22 PM
I think the kids who benefit and their families might think it's a big deal. But you're right he should just have kept the money and not bothered getting involved so he could remain out of the publics eye.

Alternatively well done big fella.

Or you could read my other posts.

Gus
28-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Well done if true, I don't think it is though as I am sure that has been doing the rounds for a while.

If it is though, clever lad as this is a tax efficient way of distributing your wealth without the taxman seeing it which in itself is brilliant as would rather it went to good causes. Everyone bar HMRC are a winner.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2015, 03:50 PM
If Duncan Ferguson and Steven Gerrard want to make some more money for charity, they could have a UFC fight. I'd pay to see Big Dunc kick the **** out of Gerrard.:take that

He would hit the deck before the big man got near him, he's been known to do it before. :-)

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-08-2015, 05:09 PM

I reckon naming a charity after.... yourself, could also be classed as publicity seeking!

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 05:14 PM
I reckon naming a charity after.... yourself, could also be classed as publicity seeking!

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Rougier45
28-08-2015, 08:18 PM
You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Was at MLS last week Stevie G vs Fat Frank -atmosphere great and stevie G was class .

Fat Frank couldn't make it ,

Back on point -Big Duncan hates Jambos and that s good enough for me

TrinityHibs
28-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Or you could read my other posts.

I've just read them.

Looks like Stevie G is a good guy for doing some good. I've no idea but as a % of wealth Duncs 250 is probably greater than SGs 500. Disnae matter though as Gerrards cash is a big deal.

You also seem to be very dismissive of posters who suggested that you should have said nothing (to be fair .net would be quiet) or praise him for his generosity.

Latterly he is Drunken heehee and a xxxxxxx for giving cash to some kids that will benefit. You also think Paul Cairney playing for Stranraer is as worthy of applause. I still think the beneficiaries will consider it a big deal. You don't and we will just have to agree to disagree.

Frazerbob
28-08-2015, 09:03 PM
If.....and it seems to be a big if, this story is true, how the **** can anyone find fault in it? Pathetic.

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 09:26 PM
I've just read them.

Looks like Stevie G is a good guy for doing some good. I've no idea but as a % of wealth Duncs 250 is probably greater than SGs 500. Disnae matter though as Gerrards cash is a big deal.

You also seem to be very dismissive of posters who suggested that you should have said nothing (to be fair .net would be quiet) or praise him for his generosity.

Latterly he is Drunken heehee and a xxxxxxx for giving cash to some kids that will benefit. You also think Paul Cairney playing for Stranraer is as worthy of applause. I still think the beneficiaries will consider it a big deal. You don't and we will just have to agree to disagree.

Or maybe we should agree to agree as I did actually praise him for doing so. The drunken reference was banter honest as was most of the dismissive comments because of him being a blue ****** :-). I think one poster recognised that with his kopite comment however I can see it's hard to portray on here. In summary, anyone giving money to such a worthy cause as Alder Hey is okay in my book, blue or red. Well done to the big fella.