PDA

View Full Version : Entry Shambles

maturehibby
27-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Peoples season tickets being rejected for no reason.
I got in ok but son at the back of me had his rejected and had to go to another turnstile to gain entry with a host of other people .
Steward said a major hitch in the system but as its been in operation now for quite a time surely all the faults should be ironed out now and no faults remain in the system - any ideas what went wrong

Scottie
27-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Any reason to kick the club. :rolleyes:

marinello59
27-08-2015, 10:20 AM
I got in ok but son at the back of me had his rejected and had to go to another turnstile to gain entry with a host of other people .
Steward said a major hitch in the system but as its been in operation now for quite a time surely all the faults should be ironed out now and no faults remain in the system - any ideas what went wrong

A major hitch yet it only involved moving to a different turnstyle / reader?

Greencore
27-08-2015, 10:22 AM
I scanned my ticket through last night in the west stand and it made the normal entry noise, but then it made a loud ring right after words. Didn't understand what that was about lol

givescotlandfreedom
27-08-2015, 10:46 AM

Going by the number of people it rejected where I go through and the size of line they had to join I'd agree with maturehibby. Mine didn't let me in yesterday but had done for the previous cup games.

maturehibby
27-08-2015, 10:51 AM

It was a major hitch as a friend in FF was also rejected and I was only quoting the Steward when he said "it was a major hitch "
Here ended the Lesson

Brightside
27-08-2015, 10:53 AM
It was a major hitch as a friend in FF was also rejected and I was only quoting the Steward when he said "it was a major hitch "
Here ended the Lesson

"endeth"

"Here endeth the lesson" is a traditional wrap-up phrase after a Bible reading in church, especially from the King James version. It was common up until about the 1950s, and probably in several different denominations, but it has gradually been eliminated because it sounds so dated, particularly after a passage from a more modern translation.

maturehibby
27-08-2015, 10:55 AM

Hardly call it" Kicking the club "when you point out a error and then quote the Stewards words - his not mine but it did inconvenience people entering the ground and no doubt caused people to miss the kick off

Pretty Boy
27-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Had a bit of an issue as well, card wouldn't scan then when it did at another turnstile I got pulled over by a steward and he checked it and said there was no CTU on it which there definitely is as I've used it twice already this season.

Argued back and forth for a minute or 2 then he let me in. Guys who sit behind me were moaning about it as well. Not that big a deal but was a bit annoying, just glad I was there sharpish.

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2015, 11:02 AM

He's no really "kicking the club" though is he? Pointing out something that was an inconvenience to a number of folk surely can't be classed as that

ShadesLongThrow
27-08-2015, 11:10 AM
There was a point last night when I was wishing mine had been rejected! Watching yet another team play 10 behind the ball doesn't exactly make for an entertaining match.

silverhibee
27-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Sorry Mr M but it was a nightmare getting in to the East last night and all the stewards could do/say was you will have to go round to the TO to get it sorted, there must have been about 30 - 40 folk all stuck outside with there tickets not working, how the F*** could someone from the TO not get there arse round to the East to get it sorted, it's not the stewards fault things weren't working and some of the abuse they were getting was uncalled for, well there was just no need for it but when you are being told to walk back round to the ticket office and more than likely miss the start of the game is not on, one guy who sits beside me said the queue at the ticket office was a long queue due to folk buying tickets and folk complaining that there tickets weren't working.

bigwheel
27-08-2015, 11:15 AM
There was a point last night when I was wishing mine had been rejected! Watching yet another team play 10 behind the ball doesn't exactly make for an entertaining match.

just tipping my hat to your username....ah for some of them firing into the box these days!

Alfred E Newman
27-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Get this sorted PETRIE!!

GreensesArab
27-08-2015, 11:20 AM
He's no really "kicking the club" though is he? Pointing out something that was an inconvenience to a number of folk surely can't be classed as that

I agree. There were clearly entry problems at turnstiles in different parts of the stadium last night. Hence the steward's comment. It does sound somewhat shambolic.

kaimendhibs
27-08-2015, 11:22 AM
It was a pain in the neck so the op is right to bring it up. Mine was rejected and many others

GreensesArab
27-08-2015, 11:27 AM
"endeth"

"Here endeth the lesson" is a traditional wrap-up phrase after a Bible reading in church, especially from the King James version. It was common up until about the 1950s, and probably in several different denominations, but it has gradually been eliminated because it sounds so dated, particularly after a passage from a more modern translation.

That's you told, maturehibby! Funnily enough I've just 'googled' the phrase 'here endeth the lesson' and the second description down is, word for word, the same as underscore's description...

Oscar T Grouch
27-08-2015, 11:31 AM
If you have an automated system anywhere you have to have a contingency when it fails, it failed last night and proved that there was no contingency. There were people told to go to the TO there were people who got let in. The TO wasn't prepared for anything like this, causing more waiting/queues and more frustration. As someone said before, there should have been someone from the ticket office with a list of CTU and people who added this game to their ST letting people in through the doors. My mate was told to go to the TO and then after waiting was told to go back to the turnstiles. This proves there was no contingency plan to operate, and was frustrating for a number of paying customers. I am sure now, Hibs will put in place some sort of plan for when the scanners stop working again.

SaulGoodman
27-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Mine got rejected for the Montrose game, went to the ticket office and got it sorted.

Didn't get annoyed about it.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Hardly call it" Kicking the club "when you point out a error and then quote the Stewards words - his not mine but it did inconvenience people entering the ground and no doubt caused people to miss the kick off

I think if you had named the thread in a other manner than "Shambles" it would not have seemed so negative.

The best computer systems in the world fail from time to time, it happens. Hibs entry system failed, people got entry via a different access point with a slight delay - don't see the issue really. In fact i dont see the point of this thread at all. :dunno:

Biggie
27-08-2015, 12:06 PM

Depends on how high you want the bar when it comes to customer satisfaction.....if hibs arent bothered about their "customers", then yeah maturehibby was having an un-necessary pop at hibs.
Whereas if he's rightly questioning the quality of the ticketing system and would like to see this improved for all hibs supporters, then he has every reason to call it out.
No ?

3pm
27-08-2015, 12:09 PM
That's you told, maturehibby! Funnily enough I've just 'googled' the phrase 'here endeth the lesson' and the second description down is, word for word, the same as underscore's description...

:hilarious

Brightside
27-08-2015, 12:24 PM
It happens guys...IT systems have glitches. Im suire they will try and make sure it does happen again.

Veni, vidi, vici

Brightside
27-08-2015, 12:25 PM

you didn't think I had that in my back pocket surely!

Andy74
27-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Mine got rejected for the Montrose game, went to the ticket office and got it sorted.

Last night was on a bigger scale though so it was going to be major queue at the ticket office. It was a failure against all options, printed tickets, CTU and seasons with the game added on.

It was pretty shambolic in terms of telling people to go the the TO, some were lets through doors and then others told to go back to turnstiles.

Eventaully a big enough crowd and fuss was made that they manaually manned a turnstile or two and checked people in.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2015, 03:05 PM
It can be extremely frustrating, what annoyed me more at the Montrose game was the "roll your eyes" attitude of the steward who tried to grab my ticket to show me how to scan it properly! Eh mate I know how to scan the feckun thing so don't try to treat me like an idiot when the turnstile isn't working.Tried another turnstile and it worked fine.

silverhibee
27-08-2015, 04:09 PM

Soft touch. :greengrin

Lang Toun hibby
27-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Having travelled for an hour to get to the match my season ticket (with cup game added that morning and confirmed by the ticket office) was rejected.

The Steward said they had contacted their Supervisor who said we had to join the ticket queue! This was vey long and took me until 15 mins after the game started to get in. Some people were directed to a turnstile where apparently they were letting people in.
The man points I would make are that there should be contingency plans in place and we should learn from clubs with large supports on how they get large masses of people into their grounds and do away the unnecessary large queues.

ScapeGoat
27-08-2015, 06:23 PM
I had one job...

maturehibby
28-08-2015, 09:18 AM
"endeth"

Was quoting from the ESV not King James

Keith_M
28-08-2015, 09:36 AM
If scanning the tickets failed at one turnstyle but worked at another, that sounds more like a hardware than a software problem to me.

As for people saying 'it's a software issue, it happens'; I find it incredible the amount of times I hear people saying this. How hard can it be to write some software to take control of ticket entry?

The ticket is either valid for the game or it's not. What's complicated about it?

(no one at Hibs writes the software, so I'm not aiming this at them)

Brightside
28-08-2015, 09:59 AM
If scanning the tickets failed at one turnstyle but worked at another, that sounds more like a hardware than a software problem to me.

As for people saying 'it's a software issue, it happens'; I find it incredible the amount of times I hear people saying this. How hard can it be to write some software to take control of ticket entry?

The ticket is either valid for the game or it's not. What's complicated about it?

Its a hardware issue. It happens.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2015, 11:00 AM
"endeth"

"here endeth the lesson" is a traditional wrap-up phrase after a bible reading in church, especially from the king james version. It was common up until about the 1950s, and probably in several different denominations, but it has gradually been eliminated because it sounds so dated, particularly after a passage from a more modern translation.

ffs!

E10 Rifle
28-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Hardware or software - doesn't matter. Happened to the boy in front of me and the issue was there was no manual over-ride of the system so the Steward had no way of letting them in unless it beeped (technical term)

Andy74
28-08-2015, 11:05 AM

They weren't working at any turnstile, and the hand held scanners the security staff had didn't register them either.

You can't just say 'it happens'. It isn't acceptable to have people delayed entering the stadium for 30 minutes in large numbers or missing a part of a game that you arrived inm plenty time for and had booked a ticket for well ahead of time.

Whatever it is needs identified and sorted.

HH81
28-08-2015, 11:08 AM
As long as the loyalty points were added who cares about getting in and seeing the game!

dangermouse
28-08-2015, 11:12 AM
It happens guys...IT systems have glitches. Im suire they will try and make sure it does happen again.

Veni, vidi, vici

The problem with IT systems is they are written by humans (I should know I do it for a living). I blame the testers for not finding us programmer's deliberate mistakes :greengrin

However, agree with others that this sounds like a hardware rather than software issue.

Ryan69
28-08-2015, 12:02 PM
"endeth"

And your point is exactly?

Keith_M
28-08-2015, 12:09 PM
The problem with IT systems is they are written by humans (I should know I do it for a living). I blame the testers for not finding us programmer's deliberate mistakes :greengrin

However, agree with others that this sounds like a hardware rather than software issue.

I usually just tell the Testers not to bother, as my code is always perfect :wink:

Just out of interest, who do you work for?

if (it.degree.equals(fail) || it.degree.equals(third) ){
idealJob = tester;
}

Ricky Bobby
28-08-2015, 12:18 PM
I scanned my ticket in the east 30 mins before kick off and it was rejected. I was told by the supervising steward to go back to the ticket office to get a paper ticket. Waited in the queue until the game was 5 mins old before being told to go back to east as they were letting people in with season tickets that would not scan.
I know there can be glitches with these systems but that does not make it any less frustrating and i would not argue with anyone who described it as a shambles.

Brightside
28-08-2015, 12:22 PM
I scanned my ticket in the east 30 mins before kick off and it was rejected. I was told by the supervising steward to go back to the ticket office to get a paper ticket. Waited in the queue until the game was 5 mins old before being told to go back to east as they were letting people in with season tickets that would not scan.
I know there can be glitches with these systems but that does not make it any less frustrating and i would not argue with anyone who described it as a shambles.

The first 5 mins were the best of the game too!

Ricky Bobby
28-08-2015, 12:28 PM
The first 5 mins were the best of the game too!

So that was excited shouts i could hear from outside and not fans getting on at the players? :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 01:17 PM
As long as the loyalty points were added who cares about getting in and seeing the game!

:yawn2::yawn2:

erin go bragh
28-08-2015, 01:24 PM
As I didn't get the ctu I was going to get my ticket from the t o . Que was brutal ( how can there be such a que , when the attendance was just over 5k . Ended up just buying ticket from the pod . I already missed 30 mins of the Ramsden joke cup waiting to get a ticket .

GGTTH

Greencore
28-08-2015, 01:39 PM
As I didn't get the ctu I was going to get my ticket from the t o . Que was brutal ( how can there be such a que , when the attendance was just over 5k . Ended up just buying ticket from the pod . I already missed 30 mins of the Ramsden joke cup waiting to get a ticket .

GGTTHwhy not just order tickets online and have them sent to your home?

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 01:46 PM

So by simply mastering how to use Google we can all become a smart ersed pedantic like underscore??😈

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 05:17 PM
why not just order tickets online and have them sent to your home?

No need to do that either, just buy online and his ST card would be activated for entry.

snedzuk
28-08-2015, 05:31 PM

probably wouldn't have made a difference. We are ST holders but without CTU - we added this game to our cards and they wouldn't scan. Then sent to the end of a very long queue at ticket office (there was a short queue collecting pre paid tickets but if you joined that one, you then got sent to the long queue). From what we could see and the folk we spoke to, regular STs with CTU were getting in, but anyone with a print at home ticket / paper ticket bought in advance / game added to ST card could not get in. Cash gates were available (and we just about paid again just to avoid missing the KO). Then there was a megaphone announcement to go back to your normal gates as stewards would 'take a note and let you in' - only no-one told the stewards who were still sending you back to the office!

The stewards didn't have ear pieces so no-one was in direct contact with them. Then (we enter by west stand 17 -21), they sorted out gate 17 only to admit folk manually. Luckily we arrived early and didn't miss any of "the action!" - but describing it as a shambles is about accurate and the issue is lack of a backup plan for events like these. It was getting pretty tetchy and had that been the Sheep in the next round when its properly busy then there would have been some ugly scenes I think.

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 05:59 PM
probably wouldn't have made a difference. We are ST holders but without CTU - we added this game to our cards and they wouldn't scan. Then sent to the end of a very long queue at ticket office (there was a short queue collecting pre paid tickets but if you joined that one, you then got sent to the long queue). From what we could see and the folk we spoke to, regular STs with CTU were getting in, but anyone with a print at home ticket / paper ticket bought in advance / game added to ST card could not get in. Cash gates were available (and we just about paid again just to avoid missing the KO). Then there was a megaphone announcement to go back to your normal gates as stewards would 'take a note and let you in' - only no-one told the stewards who were still sending you back to the office!

The stewards didn't have ear pieces so no-one was in direct contact with them. Then (we enter by west stand 17 -21), they sorted out gate 17 only to admit folk manually. Luckily we arrived early and didn't miss any of "the action!" - but describing it as a shambles is about accurate and the issue is lack of a backup plan for events like these. It was getting pretty tetchy and had that been the Sheep in the next round when its properly busy then there would have been some ugly scenes I think.
I only went into the ticket office at 4.15 on wednesday to pay and add the game to my season card and when i arrived at 7.40pm my card scanned ok so i dont think it was soley a problem for people who added to their card. I was maybe just fortunate though and it sounds a nitemare for all involved. I personally wouldnt have stood in that queue, i woulda just went home and claimed a refund as it would show on tge card it hadnt been scanned.

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 06:10 PM

I only went into the ticket office at 4.15 on wednesday to pay and add the game to my season card and when i arrived at 7.40pm my card scanned ok so i dont think it was soley a problem for people who added to their card. I was maybe just fortunate though and it sounds a nitemare for all involved. I personally wouldnt have stood in that queue, i woulda just went home and claimed a refund as it would show on tge card it hadnt been scanned.

erin go bragh
28-08-2015, 06:12 PM

Was a last min decision to go .

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Was a last min decision to go .

GGTTH

You could have just had them added to your ST card online mate.

SquashedFrogg
28-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Good UX should incorporate designers and developers :wink:

Process should be tested to death before full dev.

Actually astonished no one has thought about what happens if it fails. Very poor

Lucius Apuleius
28-08-2015, 07:12 PM
My print at home worked perfectly.As an aside I don't see why anyone should haveto go to the ticket office. It should be sorted at the gate. No way would I go all the way round. There would be one less turnstile being used coz I would camp out in it. 😋

Brightside
28-08-2015, 07:39 PM
So by simply mastering how to use Google we can all become a smart ersed pedantic like underscore??

errr its a joke. you and 69 need to get a grip.

E10 Rifle
28-08-2015, 08:04 PM
My print at home worked perfectly.As an aside I don't see why anyone should haveto go to the ticket office. It should be sorted at the gate. No way would I go all the way round. There would be one less turnstile being used coz I would camp out in it. 

Plus cash gates...

Chibs
28-08-2015, 08:50 PM
So by simply mastering how to use Google we can all become a smart ersed pedantic like underscore??

Think that pedantic should be pedant.
Just saying likes.

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Here come the bullys... or should that be bullies?

Brightside
28-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Here come the bullys... or should that be bullies?

you're a nice chap eh. Hardly worth registering if you are just going to go on an early attack.

ronaldo7
28-08-2015, 09:21 PM
you're a nice chap eh. Hardly worth registering if you are just going to go on an early attack.

I wish the Hibs were as eager as that.:greengrin

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 09:22 PM
I just failed to see the humour in ur post, and along comes ur chum to put the newbie in his place. Fair enough. But I'll decide where i register n why eh?

was ur "ur a nice chap?" A rhetoric question or simply ur unique brand of humour?

Just askin likes

Lucius Apuleius
28-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Ur, an ancient city in Iraq I believe.

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Think I'll leave this thread but stand by my bullying post.

Perhaps I'll get up to speed on this unique humour thing you all seem to have inherited

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Think I'll leave this thread but stand by my bullying post.

Perhaps I'll get up to speed on this unique humour thing you all seem to have inherited

FFS chill mate, I can't see anyone having a go.