PDA

View Full Version : Aggro in the FF Lower

iwasthere1972
26-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Late on in the second half some guys having a good argument and by the looks of it a couple of them wanted to take it further. Argued for ages and they must have had the attention of most of the lower stand.

Don't know his name but the guy who was talking to Danny Dyer in Football Factories quite few years ago got involved. He may have been trying to get the guys to calm down. Peacemaker maybe. I don't know. The stewards had a word with them eventually but took ages.

On the way out I saw two guys who were part of the arguing, but together, waiting for someone. Hopefully it wasn't for the guy they were arguing with.

frazeHFC
26-08-2015, 10:29 PM
I was right behind it. The guys were swearing and mouthing off generally being annoying and the guy pointed out it was the family stand. Got a bit heated, the 3 guys approached the man who was with his kids and everyone else was telling them to sit down.

DD came in as the peacemaker 100% and I reckon would have kicked off if he never cos the stewards were absolutely useless.

GreenArmyyy!
26-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Bradley Welsh? Boxer and ex casual?

iwasthere1972
26-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Bradley Welsh? Boxer and ex casual?

No it wasn't Bradley.

FranckSuzy
26-08-2015, 10:40 PM
I was right behind it. The guys were swearing and mouthing off generally being annoying and the guy pointed out it was the family stand. Got a bit heated, the 3 guys approached the man who was with his kids and everyone else was telling them to sit down.

DD came in as the peacemaker 100% and I reckon would have kicked off if he never cos the stewards were absolutely useless.

Derek Dykes or Andy Blanche I reckon :aok:

frazeHFC
26-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Derek Dykes or Andy Blanche I reckon :aok:

I was Derek Dykes (hence why I put DD :wink:) but as I said was calming it down, the other 3 guys were out of order.

FromTheCapital
26-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Pointless stuff at the football with bairns about. Well done DD[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
26-08-2015, 11:13 PM
I was Derek Dykes (hence why I put DD :wink:) but as I said was calming it down, the other 3 guys were out of order.

Thought you meant Danny Dyer. He would have cacked his pants. :greengrin

Jones28
26-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Bunch of ****ers, approaching a dad there with his kids.

DH1875
27-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Are there many fans that sit in the FF lower without kids? Always thought with it being the family section that it would be mostly families.

E10 Rifle
27-08-2015, 06:49 AM
It's symptomatic of the modern football ground (experience) in my view. Back in the day, on a night like last night, you'd be able to wander round the terracing, bump into a few mates, climb a wall/fence/stanchion (before getting told off by a Copper), have a smoke, plan your attack on the opposition fans (never happened - was all bravado), and move away from any bammers getting frustrated by the match. Now we're stuck in a seat, told where and what you can and cannot do by signs, stewards and inaudible announcements, stuck beside or in the vicinity of whoever turns up, can't really move, can't have a smoke, can't climb a pylon anymore (or the old BBC scaffolding at the top of the East)!

When the footie on the pitch is rotten and folk get frustrated (just as it often was and has been) there's no escape route anymore. You're trapped. Sitting there, watching pish, and listening to the few loons mouth off and make life even more of a misery for everyone, and you can't even get a beer! Happy days.

(probably should have added a violin to this)

Onion
27-08-2015, 06:50 AM

Someone should report this to the club - not to complain about any of the fans, but about the stewards who should have dealt with this. Stewards cost the club a lot of money and are meant to be there for everyone's safety.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2015, 07:08 AM
When a number? Of folks are having a go at someone with a kid for whatever reason it's a sign reason has gone out the window. Just like the fight that broke out in front of me and Matty at the SC Semi versus Falkirk - when stewards don't deal with situations decisively (in this case it was folks in the wrong seats) things can quickly escalate (and at the Semi it didn't end well). Booze and attitudes don't help but stewards need to do their job.

dangermouse
27-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Late on in the second half some guys having a good argument and by the looks of it a couple of them wanted to take it further. Argued for ages and they must have had the attention of most of the lower stand.

Don't know his name but the guy who was talking to Danny Dyer in Football Factories quite few years ago got involved. He may have been trying to get the guys to calm down. Peacemaker maybe. I don't know. The stewards had a word with them eventually but took ages.

On the way out I saw two guys who were part of the arguing, but together, waiting for someone. Hopefully it wasn't for the guy they were arguing with.

Wonder if it was the same folk who were causing aggro at the Bet Butler stadium?

iwasthere1972
27-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Someone should report this to the club - not to complain about any of the fans, but about the stewards who should have dealt with this. Stewards cost the club a lot of money and are meant to be there for everyone's safety.

The stewards were absolutely hopeless. This was an incident that went on for a good ten or fifteen minutes and the guys at the front of the stand (right next to one of the female stewards) who were being abusive to the man with kids didn't want things to end. Well done to DD for doing the job of the stewards. I often wonder what they get paid for. They would rather be searching someone's handbag on arrival or walking about looking important than dealing with more important issues. As I said previously they were standing outside the stand at the final whistle maybe waiting to take things further. Hopefully nothing happened and they went on their way without causing anymore hassle.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Out of interest was there any Police presence at the game last night?

Surely if a situation escalates to the point a steward/stewards feel unable or unwilling to step in, and in a situation were 2 bams are threatening a guy with his kid I don't blame them, then they should be instructed to call in the Police to help?

I think the role of the steward is often misunderstood. They are essentially there to help folk to find their seat, keep an eye out for any petty nonsense and so on. They aren't there to jump in amongst some eejits who can't behave trying to start a scrap in a family stand.

erin go bragh
27-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Police were standing watching on the BT platform /gantry .
The guy with the beard was loosing the plot ,shouting your no talking to my dad like that . The dad was telling him to calm down and went up and spoke to the man that had told them to stop their swearing . Police should have stepped in when the guy with the beard was getting held back with his dad .

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Correct but when folks (as in the Semi) are in the wrong seats and others are told just to sit down in free seats which then inconvenienced others leading to a bigger problem it is the stewards that need to resolve and if they can summon the Boys in Blue.

Jones28
27-08-2015, 11:36 AM
The stewards were absolutely hopeless. This was an incident that went on for a good ten or fifteen minutes and the guys at the front of the stand (right next to one of the female stewards) who were being abusive to the man with kids didn't want things to end. Well done to DD for doing the job of the stewards. I often wonder what they get paid for. They would rather be searching someone's handbag on arrival or walking about looking important than dealing with more important issues. As I said previously they were standing outside the stand at the final whistle maybe waiting to take things further. Hopefully nothing happened and they went on their way without causing anymore hassle.

For the ***** money they're on I would rather be searching handbags than potentially putting myself in harms way.

Onion
27-08-2015, 12:38 PM

And exactly the reason someone (like you ?) should inform the club. The club have a responsibility for the safety of all fans and rely on stewards to do their job. If we're relying on LD or someone from the Board reading about this on Hibs.net, then nothing will change. The stewards will continue to be useless and get away with shirking their responsibilities.

My_Wife_Camille
27-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Saw a fat oaf with one tooth in section 43 arguing with a kid of about 14. At a Stranraer game of all places...

Franck Stanton
27-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Dont know if this is what started the argument in the first place, [I sit in FF upper and could only hear the commotion] but seemed to start when Keatings came out to warm up at rear of the goal area. Heard loud shout of " F*** off Keatings, you Jambo reject". Totally out of order imo.

JimBHibees
27-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Dont know if this is what started the argument in the first place, [I sit in FF upper and could only hear the commotion] but seemed to start when Keatings came out to warm up at rear of the goal area. Heard loud shout of " F*** off Keatings, you Jambo reject". Totally out of order imo.

Please tell me that didnt happen.

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Grown men squaring up in the kids' section? WTF?

Sergey
27-08-2015, 01:13 PM
It's symptomatic of the modern football ground (experience) in my view. Back in the day, on a night like last night, you'd be able to wander round the terracing, bump into a few mates, climb a wall/fence/stanchion (before getting told off by a Copper), have a smoke, plan your attack on the opposition fans (never happened - was all bravado), and move away from any bammers getting frustrated by the match. Now we're stuck in a seat, told where and what you can and cannot do by signs, stewards and inaudible announcements, stuck beside or in the vicinity of whoever turns up, can't really move, can't have a smoke, can't climb a pylon anymore (or the old BBC scaffolding at the top of the East)!

When the footie on the pitch is rotten and folk get frustrated (just as it often was and has been) there's no escape route anymore. You're trapped. Sitting there, watching pish, and listening to the few loons mouth off and make life even more of a misery for everyone, and you can't even get a beer! Happy days.

(probably should have added a violin to this)

Good post.

It's for this very reason that I've now taken to watching non-league football. The experience isn't dissimilar to what you describe above, but with the added addition that you can have a drink in the ground (except during the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup sponsored by Budweiser). I'm also not talking about cheap fizzy crap, most of the clubhouses have half a dozen beers and ciders and they are normally at about £3 a pint.

There's also no segregation at these matches and I've struck up a few friendly relationships with a number of fans from various clubs. Believe me, folk are flocking back to the non-league as the 'experience' at some of the league grounds simply isn't value for money for the very reasons you've outlined above.

As an aside, I was speaking to an old pal who is a ST at ER and only missed a few matches last season both home and away. He said that by far and away the best day out last year was when Hibs played away to Edinburgh City (it might not have been them, but it was a non-league team in a cup competition).

Future17
27-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Please tell me that didnt happen.

It definitely didn't happen...I saw him come on later in the game.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2015, 01:22 PM
if the polis don't even wade in nowadays why on earth should stewards who are probably getting minimum wage be expected to ?

FranckSuzy
27-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Thought you meant Danny Dyer. He would have cacked his pants. :greengrin

Me too :tee hee:

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2015, 01:29 PM
if the polis don't even wade in nowadays why on earth should stewards who are probably getting minimum wage be expected to ?

Correct but minimum wage or not I wouldn't be able to stop myself. :-)

Keith_M
27-08-2015, 01:42 PM
There's a couple of real twats that sit in FF Lower with their kids. One guy was discussed previously on here at length, about him constantly F'ing and blinding the whole game, putting down players at every opportunity.

I had a ST in there for two seasons (section 20) but eventually moved elsewhere, as there were arguments around us between the same folk at practically every game.

JimBHibees
27-08-2015, 01:46 PM
There's a couple of real twats that sit in FF Lower with their kids. One guy was discussed previously on here at length, about him constantly F'ing and blinding the whole game, putting down players at every opportunity.

I had a ST in there for two seasons (section 20) but eventually moved elsewhere, as there were arguments around us between the same folk at practically every game.

That quite simply shouldnt happen and the club really should have dealt with it ages ago.

Keith_M
27-08-2015, 01:51 PM
That quite simply shouldnt happen and the club really should have dealt with it ages ago.

:agree:

It was brought to the attention of the Stewards on a number of occasions, even although there should have been no reason to, as they could hear it themselves.

I think they once had a half-hearted word with him but that was about it.

This is a guy that used to sit with his two kids, who at the time looked about primary school age, and what I think was his dad.

JimBHibees
27-08-2015, 01:57 PM
:agree:

It was brought to the attention of the Stewards on a number of occasions, even although there should have been no reason to, as they could hear it themselves.

I think they once had a half-hearted word with him but that was about it.

This is a guy that used to sit with his two kids, who at the time looked about primary school age, and what I think was his dad.

Assuming a season ticket holder, he should have been warned and told his behaviour/language was deemed to be unacceptable and would be monitored. If it happened a second time a letter to his home address informing him that he had one more chance or his season ticket would be withdrawn. If it happened again, ticket removed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-08-2015, 02:04 PM
It definitely didn't happen...I saw him come on later in the game.

I had a wee chuckle at that, very good. :-)

liamh2202
27-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Stewards need to step up tbh. What they get paid is irrelevant. If they are not willing to do their job , which is primarily to ensure safety of supporters then they shouldn't be there . if the company then cannot hounor the contract other alternatives should be looked at. AFAIK all these guys now need sia cards or whatever they are called so should be more than capable of dealing with these situations

Coults1875
27-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Main reason i moved away from this section was for this guy. I'm assuming its the baldy headed guy at the front row with all the kids? Most of the time his comments where pretty appalling (especially the jibes to our own players warming up along the touch line) and the fact he is with a bunch of kids doesn't really show them how you are supposed to behave at a football match.

erin go bragh
27-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Main reason i moved away from this section was for this guy. I'm assuming its the baldy headed guy at the front row with all the kids? Most of the time his comments where pretty appalling (especially the jibes to our own players warming up along the touch line) and the fact he is with a bunch of kids doesn't really show them how you are supposed to behave at a football match.

That's the guy . Heard him shout something at Cairney ( when he was subbed ) something about being a Hibs reject ) with a few colourful swear words thrown in . Then his bearded son took offence to something the other guy said to him , about his disgusting language .

GGTTH

iwasthere1972
27-08-2015, 03:58 PM
For the ***** money they're on I would rather be searching handbags than potentially putting myself in harms way.

I wasn't expecting them to jump in and pagger the guys but there are police about and they should have been informed and dealt with the matter rather than it going on for the time that it did.

ginger_rice
27-08-2015, 05:14 PM
I wasn't expecting them to jump in and pagger the guys but there are police about and they should have been informed and dealt with the matter rather than it going on for the time that it did.

When the FF first opened I had a ST with my laddie, there used to be a guy in a club blazer who used to keep everyone in order take it that's no longer the case there now?

liamh2202
27-08-2015, 05:16 PM
When the FF first opened I had a ST with my laddie, there used to be a guy in a club blazer who used to keep everyone in order take it that's no longer the case there now?

Yeh shona and shanksy(iirc) used to be based in the ff. They used to stand up in the back corner as club reps fans could go to

Bay Area Hibees
27-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Hopefully fans reps read this and monitor this guy and sort it out.
Sounds like a right clown.

iwasthere1972
27-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Hopefully fans reps read this and monitor this guy and sort it out.
Sounds like a right clown.

I'll be watching the area where they sat when I go on Saturday and if they are there I'll be ready to video them if they get up to any nonsense.

Neighbourhood Watch. :agree: