PDA

View Full Version : Fontaine Headers

Johnny Clash
26-08-2015, 09:42 PM
The big man often wins the ariel battle but never seems to get the ball on target.

If he cracks that - then he'll be worth a few goals!

H18S NX
26-08-2015, 10:06 PM
He's got a heid like a thrupenny bit.

E10 Rifle
26-08-2015, 10:09 PM
The big man often wins the ariel battle but never seems to get the ball on target.

You could say that about most of the team...

GreenCastle
26-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Towards last season he was getting better at nearly scoring.

But this season he's gone back to jumping too early and flat.

Delay the jump and start deeper and at an angle and he would score more.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Said at match that he should be on 3 or 4 goals so far.....Needs to find target more.....

GreenLake
27-08-2015, 03:04 AM
You could say that about most of the team...

Did you mean that answer for the quote above? :wink:

Forza Fred
27-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Said at match that he should be on 3 or 4 goals so far.....Needs to find target more.....

If he did, then he would probably be playing centre forward for the rest of the season and not centre half!

brassmonkeybar
28-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Been saying for ages to my nephews that he waits for the ball to reach him where as big jordan attacks it from yards away and at great pace, no one is stopping him. If fontaine attacked with that fervour then maybe a better outcome ?

Bostonhibby
28-08-2015, 08:28 PM
There's been a huge gap between the regular goal scoring centre halfs I've seen at hibs and I think it stopped with big Rob Jones. Fontaine on his game can be a classy defender.

Ronniekirk
28-08-2015, 09:10 PM

Begs the question why the coaching Staff ,aren't working on that with him and improving that aspect of his game .

Forza Fred
28-08-2015, 11:11 PM
There's been a huge gap between the regular goal scoring centre halfs I've seen at hibs and I think it stopped with big Rob Jones. Fontaine on his game can be a classy defender.

Oh for another Big John MacNamee

Bostonhibby
28-08-2015, 11:19 PM
Oh for another Big John MacNamee
Aye, what fun he'd have in the current version of Scottish football!

HappyAsHellas
28-08-2015, 11:30 PM
On the "predict the first scorer" competition I always take Fonts at about 4 or 5 minutes and it's never happened. I will not go for this tomorrow, which means he'll probably do it.:greengrin

Brooster
29-08-2015, 06:02 AM
Fonts gets on the end of a few corners but very rarely hits the target which is a skill in its self.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-08-2015, 07:09 AM

Agree with this - he's always on the way down when he makes contact with the ball. Maybe useful getting to get up early in defensive situations where direction is less important than just winning it, but hes a terrible attacking header of the ball.

Made even more frustrating by the fact that he does get his head on loads of corners/free kicks.